• icon"Since I have it, I'm using CloudApp much less, as its interface is better and it offers a much better functionality to organise files online."
  • icon"It integrates with several popular tools. Droplr offers nice integration features with tools like Slack, Trello, among others."
  • icon"There aren't many areas where I can see improvement (other than my cons), if you compare to other solutions out there you won't find anything better and not for the same price."
  • icon"Clients told me, on some platforms the videos links are not played directly in the browser. And sometimes there are errors when uploading files, but they are very few."
  • icon"Buggy (many times I record to find out that screen recording crashed in the middle OR when done video, software gets stuck at uploading)."
  • icon"I dislike the fact that the dashboard seems a bit boring. I wish it had more colors or different settings to change the colors."

Browse all Droplr Reviews

• Have you used Droplr and would like to share your experience with others?

Dave

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

February 2022

Solid File sharing tool that could be better

Maxim

Droplr has been my default screenshot app for over 5 years

Pros

Very simple workflow: you press a shortcut, select an area on the screen and get a link in your clipboard. Or, if you want, you press another shortcut and draw extra info on your screenshot. A lot of my friends are using Dropbox for this, but I hate how heavy is the dropbox web page when you click the link. I think it even tries to convince you to install the Dropbox app, which is extremely annoying. Also, love the screencast feature, use it all the time.

Cons

It feels like the app became a bit more buggy in recent days. In particular, uploading a screencast sometimes crashes the app, and there are few annoying bugs in the drawing editor.

Droplr has been a mainstay service for my developing business

I use Droplr as a file sharing system for my customers, as an inspiration board, and very frequently (daily) use it to share screenshots and vid captures with everyone from customers, friends, to support personnel (it lets me see how many times a file has been accessed so I know if/when a customer support agent has bothered to look at my file/screenshot/vid capture). With Droplr, I am never in the dark and I can't say enough about the service.

Pros

The overall cost and customer service is great. I have been using Droplr for some years now and though I may drift and try some other services, I always stay with Droplr. And when it comes to working with my customers and sharing assets of different types with them there just isn't anything easier or more convenient to use. I absolutely love Droplr and can't recommend it enough.

Cons

The primary issue I have is that I use Droplr on all my devices, including my iPad. There used to be a great iPad app but that has long since been abandoned. Please bring it back, I need it!

Reasons for choosing Droplr

While I use some other alternatives for different purposes, Droplr is my goto service for sharing my files with others, and I just don't see that changing anytime soon.

Great promise, really buggy

I would love for this to work but every couple of month I get to the point of "that's it"

Pros

Easy to use and feature-packed .. lots of customization options and I would've given it 5 starts straight if it wasn't for the below bugs

Cons

- Buggy (many times I record to find out that screen recording crashed in the middle OR when done video, software gets stuck at uploading) - Difficult support to get hold of, once you do, they are helpful (must be fare)

Reasons for choosing Droplr

Price point, more features

AppSumo deal

Luis

Great way to share screenshots, recordings and files!

I'm extremely happy with this app, but there's ONE thing that it doesn't do that I REALLY need: copying the file into my clipboard right after taking the screenshot/recording. Hope they implement it soon!

Pros

Droplr is a great tool to share screenshots, screen recordings and files almost instantly. I love how easy it is to set up and share stuff with other people. Since I have it, I'm using CloudApp much less, as its interface is better and it offers a much better functionality to organise files online.

Cons

The only thing I'm missing in Droplr (which I do have in CloudApp) is the ability to send a screenshot or recording straight to my clipboard instead of copying the link. I sometimes need this functionality more often than the link sharing, so that's the only reason I haven't ditched CloudApp.

Reasons for switching to Droplr

Better UI and much better way to organise the files online. However, I still use CloudApp daily too, so I haven't switched completely.

Rick

Amazing screenshot tool with powerful integrations

I was pleasantly surprised by the new version of droplr. Drag and drop integration with major productivity apps is not only a killer feature, it's also fun to do! Anyone who regularly needs to annotate and share screenshots should check out droplr first.

Pros

I've been using the free version of droplr for years but not consistently. I got an email encouraging me to check out the new version and was glad I did. The integrations provided with the Mac desktop app are for me the biggest selling point since there's really nothing special about the screenshot and annotation tools which can be found in many Chrome extensions and in other apps. (None of them are quite as pretty as Droplr, however.) As a hobby, I write film reviews and often need screengrabs or official stills for whatever film I'm writing about. I used to use Google Keep to store images that could then be easily imported into Google Docs, my primary writing tool. Droplr allows me to take a screenshot, switch to Google Docs, and then drag and drop directly from the app's toolbar menu. Amazing! So convenient. This drag and drop functionality works in Gmail, as well, which is also useful. The Pro version is also reasonably priced.

Cons

The new version of Droplr is quite a bit slower when scrolling in the web app. The old version used to allows direct sharing to Twitter and other social networks. There is no sharing option now. Perhaps that functionality will be added later. Drops in free version are automatically deleted after 30 days. Legacy users/early adopters aren't eligible for a free pro trial of the new version. This seems kind of mean to me.

Juan Arturo

Industry: Graphic Design

Amazing tool!

Amazing, it has really helped me save a lot of time!

Pros

Since I started using Droplr I've been able to manage screenshots so easily. Given the work I do, it is essential to be able to take screenshots all the time, and using the default OS option and then uploading it is time consuming. Droplr makes it easy, specially with the Chrome extension, simply select the type of screenshot you need, markup it and copy the link. Another very important feature is being able to add tags or move screenshots to folders to keep them organzed, and the selfdestrcut option, also really really good.

Cons

So far I don't really have problems, I did had a problem taking screenshots a long time ago, but their support team got back to me and helped me fix it, turns out all I needed to do was uninstall and reinstall the Chrome extension to fix it.

Reasons for switching to Droplr

Wanted to try an alternative to it, specially to get some organizing options.

July 2022

A fantastic little snippet application

If you're looking for a tool to capture images from browsers and more, you can't go wrong with Droplr. It's a fantastic little tool

Pros

I love Droplr for capturing images to share with collogues and clients. The browser extension works great, and there are many fantastic QoL features like expiry of images, annotations and sorting.

Cons

The browser extension occasionally logs me out, but this is the smallest of annoyances and happens very infrequently, everything else is great.

Nigel

May 2022

Great for screenshots and hosted filesharing

It's reliable and easy to use.

Pros

Make screenshots quickly and easily with the browser extension, Embed image links on your website, Markup screenshots, Quick and easy screencasts

Cons

All cons below are in reference to the browser extension: Wish it had more advanced editing features eg the ability to crop images. Wish it had more advanced screencast features like cursor highlighting. Lacks ability to cancel upload of screencasts (I'm on a metered connection) It won't allow me to disable the webcam in screecasts. I've resorted to covering the camera in screecasts (no time to contact support to fix it)

Sasha-Shae

Handy Screenshot sharing tool

Pros

I like that this allows me to take a screenshot and share a url really quickly. Also enjoy that we can create gifs and screencasts as well with it

Cons

Sometimes it jams up and the quality of the recording is very fuzzy, I've also found whenever doing video clips/recordings, it can cause your computer to overheat in some cases

Denis

October 2022

Great screen recording sharing tool.

Pros

I love the fact that it generates a password when sharing, it puts clients at ease.

Cons

I wish it was easier to setup SSL for a custom domain name.

August 2022

Droplr is great

Pros

The options for screenshots and videos are enough to get the job done.

Cons

There was a time when we had connection problems but that has not happened in months.

Joshua

Take it from a CEO, this doubled our companies productivity and collaboration. It's a must!

I will start by sharing that droplr is considered as essential to our business as is email or calendar invites. We could not do our jobs without it. It was impossible before to have these different groups share ideas effectively as we are both remote and meetings were very difficult to get across ideas and "speak the same language" for our content creators and sales teams to share ideas with design teams and then translate for the developers. It took us days with meetings, whiteboard sessions, and hundreds of emails, slack chats, etc to do what now is done in minutes. That is literal. We now go from the idea (captured with a drop screen shot) from one of our creators who annotates it easily with drawing, arrows, and text, and then sends it by slack or text instantly as it is already copied on their clipboard to a design team and developers to get thoughts. They comment back and send their own drops with screenshots, etc to GET THE POINT ACROSS IN IMAGES AND ANNOTATIONS rather than writing it out or talking on the phone. Pictures speak more than 1000 words with droplr. Literally. Sharing ideas as drops lets us go so quickly to execution, it is amazing. We track the productivity of our design and developers and it has gone up over 5x. We also survey our content creators to see how their experience is and they are now "excited" to share ideas...before it was hard for them and not enjoyable because so tedious and their points never got across. The other huge advantage and why it added a new dimension to our innovation and speed is that now with droplr our teams can capture and share anything, anytime, anywhere..as they can grab it in 2 seconds from the desktop or mobile app and its saved as a note taker almost. Like evernote. So the team is now creating so many new ideas from all over the web. It captures every idea now. Previously if we wanted to share an idea or a thought or a design or a file we would have to take the time to write it up, screen shot it, create a document, and then save, attached somewhere and then send it to a person in email. Now its done in seconds.

Pros

It was impossible before to have our different teams (sales, design, development) share ideas effectively as we are both remote and meetings were very difficult to get across ideas and "speak the same language" for our content creators and sales teams to share ideas with design teams and then translate for the developers. It took us days with meetings, whiteboard sessions, and hundreds of emails, slack chats, etc to do what now is done in minutes. That is literal. We now go from idea (captured with a drop screen shot) from one of our creators who annotates it easily with drawing, arrows and text, and then sends it by slack or text instantly as it is already copied on their clipboard to a design team and developers to get thoughts. They comment back and send their own drops with screen shots, etc to GET THE POINT ACROSS IN IMAGES AND ANNOTATIONS rather than writing it out or talking on the phone. Pictures speak more than 1000 words with droplr. Literally. Sharing ideas as drops lets us go so quickly to execution, it is amazing. We track the productivity of our design and developers and it has gone up over 5x. We also survey our content creators to see how their experience is and they are now "excited" to share ideas...before it was hard for them and not enjoyable because so tedious and their points never got across.

Cons

The tagging works well but I wish we could organize drops into custom groups as well

Response from Droplr

Thanks Joshua for the great review! We have shared tagging coming mid-January so keep your eyes open for that. You will be able to organize tags and share them amongst groups!

Replied December 2016

Lucas

Droplr is an AMAZING software!

Great. Droplr is an amazing alternative to the giants in the space. The download speeds are great, and most functionality is as well. Way cheaper as well, and super useful if you're some sort of manager (for instructing people).

Pros

Droplr is my go-to software for sharing files quickly. I got the life time deal back when it was on appsumo and have been a daily user of it since I bought it. Even without the LTD, though, it's wonderfully cheaply priced - and the limits are high. Sharing most files and screenshots is super easy.

Cons

I have two differently sized monitors. One is 3840x2160, the other 2560x1440. Because of this, Droplr can't screenshot on either of my monitors properly. It can't adjust. Other softwares don't have this problem, so I have to work with Snagit to take the screenshot, have it add it to my clipboard, and then share it like that. Totally okay to deal with, but not great from a testing perspective. They also did not take action when I contacted them about it.

Tuhin

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Not Best But Also Not Worst One

Even though theres so many cons on droplr but I still prefer to using it just because I paid only once and that is a great deal. I use it often to make videos for my clients and sharing important files with team and project works. Its not the best but its also not the worst one. So I am still happy user of it and hopefully Droplr Team will make more improvements to this app and give more attention to its UI and UX.

Pros

1. Lifetime membership access as I got it on a deal! 2. Unlimited Spaces 3. Quick Draw and Snippets tool! 4. Easy Video Recording and sharing. 5. White Label Option!

Cons

1. Very Buggy Desktop App with No UI Window At All. Just a system tray. 2. By Default App System Tray Stays Disconnected, You have to click right mouse button and click again after a while to see you being logged in. 3. No options to set resolutions and quality! Where competitive do much better. 4. Sometimes after recording video does not get uploaded to droplr. 5. After snaping and opening images in markup editor and saving it will cause a blurry and bad effect on image quality. 6. No inbuilt app image editor like monosnap or loom. 7. No better UX of video processing like loom. 8. No discussions board on video or who viewed when.

Mike

Overall a very good product, but would love to see some additional features.

If you're a CLI kind of person, I have published a "droplr-cli" app here: https://www.npmjs.com/package/droplr-cli

Pros

It's a simple app that does what it's supposed to well -- take screenshots & makes them easily accessible via web. The built-in screen recording works very well, including recording audio with it. I use these two features very frequently for work-related tasks and it's definitely not something I'm willing to live without now!

Cons

One feature that is missing that I'd *really* like to see is the ability to fine-tune a screenshot after the fact. For example, I might take a screenshot and realize I want to crop it slightly to cut out some content. This functionality does not currently exist. I'd also like the ability to take a screenshot, make annotations, etc and copy the contents directly to my clipboard (actual image data) rather than being forced to either save to disk or upload to droplr.

Droplr became my go-to 1-1 individual video greeting tool

Overall, Droplr has become part of my normal workflow. I share pictures and files regularly and best of all, I can depend on it. File-sizes can be huge. This is a boon for me, as it comes with a video player; I found no easier way to share my files and videos to date! Thanks, team!

Pros

I like the most that it's cross-platform and that it practically functions as a video-sharing tool for me as well. I often send video-greetings to people and have started using it to send these. It saves me a lot of space on my hard drive. I also like that I can link my own domain.

Cons

The ios app and laptop apps are a bit inconsistent. so far I have found no way to send a link to a file with the password included on the ios app in one step; this works automatically like this on the mac app.

My experience with Droplr has been good. It's a convenient way to share files.

Pros

Pretty much how they promote it is accurate... it's allows you to share files easily and conveniently, and the file will be removed from their servers after an allotted amount of time. In both work and play, many times I'll need to share something as almost a temporary measure: "Look at this screenshot." It's not something that needs to be kept forever. Usually after the client sees it, we discuss it, and move on with the project. There's no need to keep it. You CAN keep it, but by default it will go away soon enough. No bulky servers to periodically clean to purge files that were meant to be shared, reviewed, and discarded.

Cons

The mark-up tool, where you can annotate uploaded files, could probably be improve a bit more in terms of options and ease of annotating. It's a very helpful part of the software, so improvements to this are would make a good idea even better.

Sue

Fast uploading, sharing, screen recording & screenshots

Sharing short links in emails instead of attaching documents is better in many ways. A link to a document is safer and faster to access; you don't have to worry about remembering to attach a document; recipients don't have to worry about problems with downloading or losing a document; attachments are safely stored in the cloud; documents are presented on a clean, custom branded page. Another great feature – surprisingly not promoted heavily – is the ability to drag and drop or upload images to create mood boards. It's a great way to keep visual ideas in one place or for sharing them with clients, colleagues and friends. Screenshots, annotations, screen recording ...it's all super easy to do. And files can be tagged and grouped into boards. Droplr is amazing for managing and sharing images and files.

Pros

The ease and speed of uploading a file, getting an instant short link and sharing it safely with anyone anywhere.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind that's missing. Droplr is one of those apps that works so well and is so intuitive to use, you don't even think about it.

Jack