Browse eFax Corporate Reviews

Kelly from Lendmark Financial

one of my most used tools

provides me with a tremendous amount of value in customer relations and profitability with the time factor in response time. it gives me an edge over my competition

Pros

this enables me to receive my faxes no matter where I'm at. it also lets me decide if and who can be added to distribution list. im anle to respond to my merchants regardless of my location.

Cons

sometimes it can be a little slower than traditional fax to receive. there have been occasions thst i have had to have items faxed to office fax instead.

Candace from BWL

Industry: Computer Hardware

eFax securely sends your documents!

eFax by J2 offers end-users the ability to send secured faxes online. End-users can use eFax by J2 to send faxes via a computer desktop, laptop, or mobile device. The benefits of eFax is sending outgoing or receiving incoming faxes via a personally selected fax number. eFax allows users to manage account online. eFax is a great online faxing tool.

Pros

eFax allows end-users to send documents online. eFax offers a free trial to send 150 pages per transfer. eFax allows end-users to send 150 incoming as well as outgoing faxes per the free trial. eFax does not require an initial activation fee. eFax allows end-users to select personal faxing number. eFax offers two types of subscriptions such as Plus and Pro with two different types of feature prices.

Cons

eFax at one point in time was a free service and now requires payment. eFax interfaces with a third party cloud storage. eFax collects cookies and session cookies ID per user and their computer. eFax company server stores personal information that may identify the user. eFax is required to maintain information per user for a limited time, within the terms of agreement of privacy, that time frame is unidentifiable.

Alicia from Bellatrix Law LLC

Industry: Law Practice

Mistake to switch to them; very disappointed

It has been terrible. They lied about pricing. Customer support is slow, sends you in circles, and gives the wrong answer almost every time. Chat disconnects constantly and they give you the wrong phone numbers to call. I’ve had faxes not go through at times and no way to fix it. I tried to port my numbers out and they play games to avoid releasing the numbers — for six months and counting — while also telling me that I have to keep paying for service until after the numbers are ported or they won’t port them. They claimed to have sent me a PIN (they haven’t) when it’s just the last four of your credit card (not secure). Overall, this is a terrible company and I encourage people to stay away.

Pros

I switched to eFax for two reasons: it was supposed to be cheaper than Vonage (that turned out to be a lie) and the app is decent for my iPhone. The app is just about the only thing I like, but it’s pretty basic.

Cons

The company itself has scammy sales people, a difficult to use portal for your account, and the worst customer service in the world. Don’t expect them to help you with any issues at all. They will not understand and send you in circles.

Reasons for Choosing eFax Corporate

Pricing and features — especially the app for my phone so I could monitor incoming documents.

Reasons for Switching to eFax Corporate

It was supposed to be $17 for two lines and I was paying $20 at Vonage, plus the app was a big selling point for me. After I switched, eFax began charging me $17 per line (double the quote) and refused to correct it even after I showed them my emails confirming the pricing.

Cecelia from NeighborWorks Sacramento Region

I use eFax directly or with our 800#. Easy to use.Perfect if you have your directly line to pick up

Pros

A like my personal eFax number. I don't have to wait for someone to look up the faxes for me. I go in my fax and access directly. The system saves your faxes for a long time. You can create folders to save the fax into. Sending faxes is easy and it saves the contacts especially when you have multiple requests from a certain agency. Faxes are clear. I love my eFax.

Cons

It is hard when you only have one number to send and receive faxes to especially when someone other than you handles the faxes. I don't like when you get faxes repeatly from other businesses that do not belong to you.

Digital Faxing with HIPAA Compliance

eFax Corporate allows me to achieve more by digitally faxing documents with HIPPA compliance.

Pros

At the surface, eFax Corporate provides what you expect, a digital fax that allows you to fax directly to an individuals email, and it does it well. It also allows you to sign documents within the application, offers mobile applications and what got me the most excited, it works with GoogleDrive.

Cons

My biggest draw back is their limits on page/file size. Sometimes the charts I have to send are robust and I have to break them down into multiple faxes.

Jon from Community Medical Centers, Inc.

Integrates well and is reliable

Pros

I love how easy this is to use and the level of integration it has with our software. We send and receive faxes for it with very few problems. Their customer support team is out of this world. The longest I've waited for a reply was under an hour and that was because our direct rep was on a plane. We commonly have less than 5 minute response times. They give good price breaks on quantity.. we send and receive about 70,000 pages per month and get a great rate. Much more economical than maintaining standard machines.

Cons

There are obscure file\page size limits on faxes sent through their API. They have a new version but it does not work with our software yet.

Bianca from AW Plastic Surgery

Industry: Plastics

Fax for Medical Office

We have had a few hiccups with customer service during implementation but overall the software does what we need it to do. Simple to send and receive faxes.

Pros

That faxes are very easily accessible, easy to download and then put in patients charts. It is also very easy to send faxes and keep a contact list.

Cons

If you are locked out of the account, it is very time consuming for customer service to reset the password and get you back into your account.

Bethany from Sweet Medical Group, PLLC

Too expensive

Pros

It was pretty easy to use for faxes. Quick uploads.

Cons

Cost. It is too expensive for a solo practitioner with <30 faxes/week.

Jonathan from NovaSom, Inc.

Efax Corporate

Overall, Efax gets the job done and allow us to keep our order flow consistent the majority of time.

Pros

Efax is an easy to use online fax service that allows businesses toll free service with online access.

Cons

The only issues we've has so far is the system sometime goes down and we have to call in and wait for them to resolve. But it usually doesn't take that long.

Robert from Advisors Mortgage Group, LLC

eFax Review

Pros

Easily send or receive a fax. Upload items directly to your computer and easily send them via fax to a fax machine/number. Ease of setup and use/very user friendly.

Cons

Nothing fancy or unique here. This is a basic electronic fax software. Interface is a bit 'outdated' looking but that doesn't obviously affect the functionality and ease of use of the software.

Cindy from Solution Source

EFax

Pros

Efax makes it easy to send and receive a fax while you are out of the office.

Cons

I really have nothing negative to say, the software works and is reasonable cost.

Dragan from Abraxas

Sending and receiving faxes via a computer, tablet or other mobile device.

Good way to get rid of physical fax machines, but I really don't think the ideal one.

Pros

No messing with physical sheets of paper to insert into a fax machine. A digital platform is very convenient and saves time and money. Unique fax number can be used to receive faxes.

Cons

User interface could be more friendly. From time to time sending fails, don't know the reason. I also miss better notifications about received faxes.

Katrina from Advantage Sales & Marketing

This is more for business use

Pros

I searched around for alternate methods to fax documents to workers. I can't always use my All-in-One fax machine or go to the library/Office Depot. You get a free 30 day trial, afterwards you pay This is more for a small business, I had to search for a site that sent faxes. You can send and receive your fax by email, the steps are easy. Attach the documents to the email, click send and your confirmation will be sent to you. No fax machine to deal with.

Cons

This is not a dislike, but this is not for personal use. This site is suited more for a small business of 10 employees or less. I have to keep searching until I find a more cost effective(or free) way to fax.

I never thought faxing would be so exciting!

We needed to remain nimble to use fax to support government clients and interface with doctors/clinics/etc. We had pretty much overlooked fax completely and tried a host of free services that ultimately would fail and cause embarrassment. The eFax system is intuitive, robust, and decently affordable given its attributes.

Pros

It sends big files, it has a Mac desktop app, fax & sign, e-sign, mobile apps. I could go on for a while. There are tons of fax over email services, many of them are free. But if you work with rural courts, medical practitioners, government offices, etc., you are using fax. Add in the HIPAA compliance and this is the easiest money we've ever spent for so many solid features in one simple tool- even Google Drive support which helps because that is the core of our operations infrastructure.

Cons

You quickly pass the incoming/outgoing page limits, but the product is worth it. There are caps to users on a plan, ours was at 5 so it was fine normally but in intern season it became a challenge.

The ability to send faxes over >1GB

Amy from Advanced HealthCare Solutions

Simple and Easy Program

We use eFax to cut down on paper usage, streamline faxing in a office where many faxes are going in and out, and allow remote workers to fax documents without a printer or fax machine.

Pros

We moved from a physical fax machine to eFax and have found it very simple and convenient to use. I appreciate that you can fax both from their portal as well as via email, and that you get fax confirmations and incoming faxes so easily without having to sort through them when everyone is sharing a fax machine.

Cons

eFax has few issues, they are clear, user friendly, allow many files to be attached to an email, and I have not had glitches or trouble using it at all.

Deborah from The McMillan Group

A real must have for any business

Overall, there is no other option than eFax. The ease of use and the convenience it provides is priceless.

Pros

Our entire team is on the road most of the time and we are being faxed docs continuously throughout our day. We'd be grounded at the office if not for eFax. The number one thing I like is the convenience it provides.

Cons

The cost to use eFax can be a bit pricey. But I've tried the other options out there and have determined that eFax is worth the cost.

hasib from Tulane Medical Center

Reduces Clutter

Pros

While faxing is quite antiquated, the healthcare industry has not yet widely adapted a replacement. Until then, this seems to be the next best thing. You have the same compatibility as traditional faxing, but are able to reduce clutter and free floating sheets of paper which could lead to HIPAA violations.

Cons

At the end of the day its still fax, which makes it less than ideal but its the standard used by the rest of the industry.

Beth

Industry: Writing and Editing

Just no

Pros

I suppose for big corporations (or law firms, where I once worked and eFax supplied everyone with their own fax line), this is a good product. However, even when I used it at the law firm, I did not always get notification as I should have, or as fast as I should have, of the receipt of a fax. Or confirmation of a fax. It's nice to have the history of the faxes you've received, so you can go back and get something if you need to. Obviously it does integrate well, it's basically pretty easy to use (if you can operate a regular fax machine, you can run eFax), and it's been around a while. But for the individual user or small companies, really, it's much too expensive, especially since there are so many other free or very cheap options out there. The "free trial" is a joke. Don't waste your time if you're going to sign up for it, just so you can send a quick fax, thinking you will cancel before the free trial ends. They're going to get money out of you one way or the other. Keep that number to your credit card's charge dispute line ready. If you only send the rare fax, bounce over to HelloFax instead and send it for free. Or set up the fax option in Microsoft and fax directly from your word processing software.

Cons

Expensive, shady "free trial" that bills you no matter what, doesn't offer anything in terms of increased efficiency or performance that I can't get from using a free or already installed on my machine service.

Taniya from SNH Capital Partners

General Use Review

Good. Would recommend if you dont have a budget but there are cheaper options.

Pros

This product is very well known and trusted. Secure in sending faxes with private data within. Easy to send through emails.

Cons

The pricing is very expensive. Can get charged for having a fax line, and number of pages of incoming and outgoing faxes.

Over-priced for inconsistent service.

Needed a virtual fax system that allows our virtual practice administrators to check inbound faxes and allow our clinicians to send outbound faxes without having to buy equipment for our 15 offices. Also allows us to avoid having to allocate and secure space within our office for HIPAA compliance related to faxing.

Pros

HIPAA compliant, virtual fax system which allows our multi-office healthcare practice to manage all fax volume (especially inbound faxes) without having to buy multiple machines, train multiple staff, etc. eFax was willing to provide a Business Associate Agreement (BAA), which is necessary for compliance.

Cons

We changed after getting consistent complaints from clients and other providers that they're faxes were not going through. We even lost a referral source due to their exhaustion with us not getting their referrals and records. When we found a lower priced option, we beta-tested it on a parallel basis and switched after 30 days. Also, their interface feels a little antiquated and quirky compared to the other provider we switched to.

Richard from Community Action Partnership of Strafford County

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Segregating fax lines and moving to the cloud

Pros

Ease of setup, ease of use and the ability to receive a fax anywhere at anytime. Also have mobile apps.

Cons

efax is not HIPPA Compliant, however the same company owns sFax, which is not only HIPPA compliant they have a BAA available for its customers. I am currently in the process of moving much over to sFax.

Sam from Tax Defense Network

Great Enterprise Fax solution

Great cloud option for faxing as the analog fax lines are going away

Pros

Ease of use for end users. Ability to use security technology like SSL and TLS to encrypt the message transmissions.

Cons

User setup in portal not as clean as I would like. Search feature not always returning the number you are looking for.

Sharonda from Hallux Lab

Faxing online

Overall I'm very satisfied with efax I use it everyday.

Pros

The most important thing to me about this software is the contact list. I use efax corporate in my lab to send results to our clients and my contact list is extensive but efax can handle all of the 100+ stored contacts.

Cons

The only thing I don't like is having to add a 1+ before each fax number. If you forget the 1+ the faxes will not go through.

Love This Company!

Pros

We started using eFax's services roughly a year ago. I can tell you right now, we've never had an issue. It was setup seamlessly and has worked without any issues since. eFax allows us to have remote workers now, which is awesome!

Cons

I have absolutely no complaints about eFax. I would recommend them to any business that is looking to do away with their fax machine.

Cody from Shephard Clinic

Industry: Alternative Medicine

Easy to Use!

Efax was very helpful in allowing us to send medical bills electronically. This saved us time, energy and paper!

Pros

I like the software is internet based, and thus can be used anywhere the user needs - it isn't tied to any one computer that has the software downloaded.

Cons

Our office had to download/save copies of medical records to our own computer, then upload them to efax. It created a lot of "clutter" in our personal computer files, as we tracked things in a "pending" and a "sent" folder on our computer.

Cher from PAR

Industry: Computer Hardware

Excellent, Reliable Solution for Receiving Faxes

I use eFax to receive signed documents and confidential information from customers. Customers could send a fax from their end to my eFax number, and I would get an email with the faxed documents as attachments. It works flawlessly, and I've been extremely happy with the reliability of the service. Would highly recommend.

Pros

It is very reliable and secure. Easy to receive faxes via email, so no need to wait by a fax machine to receive sensitive documents.

Cons

No cons to report - In all the time I've been using eFax, I can't think of one time I ever had a problem. In my experience, it was fully functional the way I expected it to be.

Patricia from First Choice Accounting

CANCELLATION NIGHTMARE

This company doesn't deserve any stars. I signed up no problem but when it came time to cancel it was an absolute nightmare! I was billed for 3 years of service that I didn't use. I had proof of cancellation but was told no refund because I emailed my request to cancel to the wrong company department. I would have expected a reputable company to forward it to the proper department or email back to let me know of the mistake. It has cost my company over $400 CDN over 3 years. They kept my credit card info and just continued to bill me each year, ignoring my requests to cancel the service and without my permission. After 45 minutes on the phone and a chat with the manager. I'm told he will put a request through to the finance department for a pro-rated partial refund. Then he went further to say that they may not accept my request. At this point I'm feeling this company are scammers. They took $ from my credit card for a service I wasn't using and didn't cancel it on 3 occasions (twice by phone, once by email) when requested to do so.

Pros

It appeared to be affordable at the time we signed up.

Cons

It has been extremely difficult to cancel the service.

Trang from BITS

Saved the company from having a POTS line installed and dedicated to just a fax service and you didn't need to buy or maintain a fax machine.

Pros

Easy to use and convenient. You receive it like a scan and could save it as a PDF.

Cons

The faxing out part didn't seem secure as you sent it out to an efax email, so you didn't know if someone else was reading your fax.

Reasonably priced, cloud based secure fax solution. Easy to adopt and fairly straight forward use.

Quick deployment of a cloud based, secure/encrypted eFax solution. Didn't break the budget.

Pros

Reasonably priced way to adopt a secure, cloud based fax solution. Access inbound and outbound faxes from any device with a browser, securely. Automatic e-archive of fax communications.

Cons

The performance for us is just very slow. I don't know if this is due to the encryption implementation or what, but the faxes are slow to load across different browsers and from different PCs. Not a deal killer, but annoying.

I tell my friends to find a better solution.

Pros

Works to send a fax electronically . Not magic or unique.

Cons

I signed up for their service four months ago using the free one month trial. After trying the service once, found another free tool so searched for online for how to cancel my free trial. There appears to be no way to on the site cancel the trial. So send an email requesting the cancelation of the account no response. Tried again and with no response. At the end of the first month, they charged me for the following month. I then called and there was no option in the call menu to cancel service (you are directed to the site) so I selected technical support. The tech rep said he would cancel. He did not and again charged for another 2 months. Then sent another two emails. No response. Got charged again. Finally went to bank and canceled my credit card. I tell my friends to stay away.

Heather from OHC

e fabulous

Less time is spent on gather documents and then faxing them or printing out items to be faxed. I can simply save them in a file and then fax them!! So easy

Pros

I love that I can fax documented through the computer without having to have a machine to do so, I work from home and get request for document frequently and this has made it so much easier to send. Love it

Cons

I have no complaints bout this software! It wonderful

Neil from Equitable Bank

They've been down for 1 week and they cannot provide an ETA!

Pros

There are no pros! Everything is terrible, billing is an issue with them all the time. Their server is very slow

Cons

It takes forever to retrieve your inbox. Down for 1 week and no ETA what more can I say? Worst service ever!

Bridgitte from CAN

eFax review

Pros

What I like most is the convenience of having a fax on my phone or computer. Faxing from my email makes work so much easier.

Cons

I haven't come across anything that I don't like yet. When I do I will be sure to let you know

Andrew from Waterfront Capital Partners

eFax Corporate Review

This is a good solution to be able to send an occasional fax as the technology has been largely replaced by email.

Pros

This works well as a solution to no longer having a fax machine in the office but still having the ability to fax on an as needed basis.

Cons

The account is associate with an individual email and it would be easier if this could be maintained as a company devices, as to not need multiple accounts.

Steven from Owner Life Insurance

Scam of a Company

Horrible experience. Outright scam of a company. It's 2019 and the way efax does business is completely unacceptable. Once you give this company your credit card, they make it very hard to take it back. Avoid at all costs.

Pros

Nothing. They're overpriced and they don't do anything that isn't done by a competitor for less.

Cons

They continue to bill your card after you WRITE them to tell them to cancel. Why? Because they want to try sleazy used car sales tactics to retain your business. They continued to bill me for months after I explicitly told them to cancel and then pointed to BS fine print. In today's world, fine print just proves that you're a scammy outfit.

Response from J2 Global

Replied July 2019

Steven, Thank you for sharing your feedback. We're sorry to hear your experience didn't match the expectations for your eFax? service. We strive to provide not only the best, most reliable product in cloud faxing, but the highest level of customer satisfaction as well. Our records do not indicate that you are a customer of eFax Corporate?, the Enterprise solution for cloud faxing. If you purchased a fax service through eFax?, the consumer fax solution, we recommend reaching out to that business line. We'd love to make things right in the event you need an Enterprise cloud faxing solution through eFax Corporate?.

Danika from Independent Contractor

Worked for my needs

I was satisfied because in the end it did what I needed it to do.

Pros

The free trial to see if it would work for my needs. It did what I needed but was a little clunky to get there. The graphics, font, UI seemed a bit outdated but it performed and that's all that mattered to me.

Cons

It seemed like there were a lot of steps to complete the task I was trying to do with little guidance as to how to do them.

Reasons for Choosing eFax Corporate

This seemed like the most commonly used product and had fine enough reviews.

Tenisha from Freelancer

A valuable resource during COVID

Pros

I really liked that I was able to sign up for a free trial in a pinch where it was highly inconvenient to travel to the post office or drop documents off. The ongoing subscription is also not expensive and counts as a business expense deduction. Not needing to purchase any additional equipment is also a perk.

Cons

No cons that I can think of, all of the features are functional and useful.

Michael from Ticomix

Simple setup

Pros

We were able to integrate eFax in to a web app quickly and easily, and draw out received files without a lot of hassle.

Cons

Setting up multiple lines was a little confusing at first but we were able to make this work without problem.

Gary from Apollo Retail Specialists

Past user returning after 10+ years absence

I have a virtual business so I don't have a fax line, efax solved that issue of worrying about the physical presence and time it would take to have local phone company come out to install a line.

Pros

Easy setup and configuration including ability to get a local number which is unheard of for citizens of Alaska.

Cons

Felt I was double billed during sign-up process because I was charged to get a local phone number.

Modern Solution

Some businesses still require faxes and for that, eFax is a life saver. I can simply upoad a PDF and send it on its way.

Pros

The core purpose of eFax is my favorite aspect. For some reason, some places still request faxes and eFax makes it so that I don't actually have to have a fax machine, I can just send PDFs straight from my computer.

Cons

The cost is a little high, but worth it to have no need for a separate fax machine.

The "new" fax machine

Pros

It is great to be able to fax from anywhere and not need to have a traditional machine and tie up a phone line to send and receive faxes.

Cons

Sometimes it is slow to send faxes or fails. Also, steps to add in the receiver's info could be streamlined.

Angie from START Online Therapy

Industry: Mental Health Care

Ok web based fax service

Pros

I initially liked that I could do everything from my computer.

Cons

Wasn’t receiving faxes. Called customer support. Zero help.

Isaiah from Calcom Technologies

Great Enterprise Product

I like this product tremendously and think that the value it provides is a no brainer.

Pros

I like the enterprise features of this product and the fact that they have decided to dedicate some of their product to the need in the Healthcare space.

Cons

My least favorite thing is that fax lines are so far behind that it prevents this software from really being touted for what it can do.

Reasons for Switching to eFax Corporate

More Corporate features.

Bye fax machine

Pros

It allowed me to send faxes from my work email

Cons

It was great until I attempted to cancel the free trial version. Needless to say I was not successful and was billed.

Brady

Free trial IS NOT FREE

Pros

It works ok, The faxes are sent as you would expect them to be

Cons

We signed up for their service three months ago using the free one month trial. After about two weeks, we realised that the service was not what we needed so send an email requesting the cancelation of our account. At the end of the first month, they charged us for the following month (obviously not cancelling the account before the free trial ended). We then sent another email and a letter. We then got charged again and have now send another letter and email as well as advising our bank we would like to charge back the charges to our credit card as they where un-authorized. Wish us luck!

Laurel from Team Select Home Health

Great resource!

Pros

This software allows our company to communicate with our clients in the clinical community and ensure our patients private information stays private!

Cons

We find that the pricing could be more competitive.

Needs Updates

Pros

I like that I can send a digital fax whether I'm at work or on the go.

Cons

I feel that the software needs some updates. It seems pretty outdated in comparison to other softwares I use

Matt from Drawboard

Free trial scam!

Pros

Functionality was clunky but worked as intended. I was able to receive confirmation of my fax getting submitted which was ok.

Cons

In 2018 I should not have to call between certain hours of the day to cancel a free trial just so you can force me to make my way through endless automated menus and have to chance to upsell me whenever you do decide to answer. Restrictions like this really ensure I will never use this software again. Welcome back to 1990s customer service...

In a digital age, a great alternative

Pros

It did exactly what I’d hoped for, allowed me to upload files and fax them.

Cons

The interface looks like it’s from the early 90s and could use help.