• icon"The ease of use, accesability to files from any network, super easy to transfer files to anyone via a link so that emails don't get bogged down."
  • icon"The ability to integrate numerous app already in place in our company is what put this over the top."
  • icon"Egnyte is an easy to use file sharing software."
  • icon"Initially during my trial, I had lots of problems upload via FTP and after various messages to the support/sales, there was no response."
  • icon"The mobile app sometimes experienced glitches and sync issues. And the desktop app doesn’t have a good offline mode in case of lost connectivity."
  • icon"It can get a little getting used to at first. You no longer will store files on your desktop or folders but rather within a folder in Egnyte."

All Egnyte Reviews

Lauren

Business Storage Hosting In A New Light

Egnyte is what happens when you combine Elon Musk's brain capacity with digital file hosting: Genius integration.

Pros

I really appreciate the way Egnyte naturally integrated into our existing business. It calculated the items we had to store and kept them in an impressive bow. The interface is very clean and distinguishable. The features all stand out in their own presence. But the one factor that really earned my loyalty to the software was the storage performance. Egnyte is the powerhouse of online file hosting. It has the durability to carry highly dense files and load them in a concise, quick manner.

Cons

Aside from not knowing of this software sooner, I do hope that Egnyte will create the opportunity for collaborative sharing through external mail hosts (email to be specific). Otherwise, I hold the software in high regards.

Reasons for choosing Egnyte

I work as an executive assistant for a media production and one of the most important factors in our workflow is the archive storage. And we had digitally heavy files. We were determined to search for an online host that delivered the standards we were in need of. After close research and trial runs, Egnyte gave us the greatest performance. I was in awe of its features and quality. Egnyte was powerful and professional, in a way that its competitors could not withstand.

Secure Organization

Overall it was easy to implement and for end users to understand how to use it. My team did not need to undergo much training or assistance while working through implementation

Pros

I really like how Egnyte is able to sync up with a computer's own folder system making the ability to save and work with secure documents on your computer where ever you are and maintaining files solely within the frame of Egnyte. Also being able to customize our home space with our own logo and colors was a nice touch.

Cons

Some of the APIs come with an additional cost, which is sometimes less than satisfactory, and the APIs sometimes have limitations, but otherwise, it's been an entirely positive experience.

Reasons for choosing Egnyte

Egnyte's ability to control access at each level of a folder/ document stack was crucial- as well as being able to invite external partners to temporarily have access to their own collaborative folder and account. The amount of space we were given for the cost was reasonable, and the customer support team has been great at staying in touch and working with us as needed.

Reasons for switching to Egnyte

We needed a solution that allowed us to maintain a more granular approach to security and access. Egnyte also came with several API solutions that have aided in a more smooth and secure transition of documents with external partners and employees.

My experience with egnyte

We use Egnyte to share, access, upload/download files within and outside the office. It serves well some days but I am personally not a big fan of it knowing there are other platforms that work more seamlessly.

Pros

I like the fact that its cloud based and has mobile sharing too, makes sharing files between office locations possible and easy.

Cons

Its not the best content sharing platform I've used.It doesn't really integrate well with google and can be confusing to use sometimes.

Response from Egnyte

Thank you for your feedback. We're happy to hear that you found our mobile solutions easy to use across multiple locations. Our integrations, including with Google's suite of products, are constantly being updated and improved. You can see the latest benefits, features, and enhancements of our G Suite integration here: https://helpdesk.egnyte.com/hc/en-us/articles/360028093372-Egnyte-for-G-Suite Additionally, you can find additional training on our apps and integrations at Egnyte University: https://egnyte-university.egnyte.com/

Replied June 2020

September 2022

Engyte provides enterprise solutioning for a small business price.

File sharing across the company as well as with outside resources has made this product a no brainerr for me to use and recommend.

Pros

Ease of setup and administration - multiple platform access (web, local drive mapping, app)

Cons

No much - given how flexible the platform is , the guidance on how to use it, and the success rate, this is really nothing I can say negative.

Reasons for choosing Egnyte

Price, reliability, constituency of performance, and support from the tech team at Egnyte.

Egnyte is Dropbox done right

Egnyte has been a professional and customer-focused company. They continue to improve the product across their product offerings, maintaining parity across the ever-changing landscape.

Pros

No desktop footprint! This is a big win when dealing with distributed workers with laptops. Everyone has full access to files they are allowed, and they take no space (until they are accessed). I also love the ability to fine-tune permissions at the sub-folder level.

Cons

Permissions are the hardest thing for some users to get the hang of. In Egnyte, they aren't difficult, but some users have difficulty managing the permissions on the website, since they only use the folders on their desktop (sync'd).

Reasons for choosing Egnyte

Permissions capability. Advanced "virtual drives" to reduce impact on laptops.

Sofia

Industry: Research

Sturdy for Mid Size companies

Pros

Better than Dropbox, more secure than Box.

Our IT department decided over Box because of Egnytes security

Tamas Hunor

Industry: Motion Pictures and Film

Good and robust solution, but higher priced

Overall we had a great experience with Egnyte. Works fast, the sync and sharing features are good. But we divided our storage solution into two different parts (high volume video files and corporate docs). We found that the maximum file size limit for Egnyte was too small for us.

Pros

There are a lot of great features including authentication, sync with 3rd party NAS devices, easy sharing.

Cons

I would say we found it too expensive for ourselves. Maybe we didn't used all of the functions that Egnyte allows.

Prince

Industry: Biotechnology

Egnyte is great - only if you get their other services

I was on the team helping a client work through their use of Egnyte. We are "re-implementing" the system for them. It almost felt like Egnyte had no clear picture of what the client's situation was - which was annoying as well. Overall, we've kept wondering why our client used Egnyte at all, since they had MS Teams. Besides some extra security, there isn't much difference in the features you can use between the two. But if you have some of their other add-ons, it is worth it.

Pros

Useful features, very fast syncing capabilities, as well as offline synching capabilities. There's also a lot of automated processes as well as MS Power Automate support

Cons

Power Automate support is extra (on Microsoft's end of it) and the many other features of basic Egnyte are available in MS Teams. So if you're already paying for Teams, there's no point to get Egnyte unless you also get Protect or GxP environment. They're also too new in the GxP space so it is a bit unclear.

June 2022

Egnyte review

Pros

Egnyte is very user friendly and easy to administer.

Cons

Syncing was at times a problem. Quickbooks files could not sync.

Vincent Po

Industry: Information Services

Great for remote businesses

So far, very satisfied with it. Great for remote/distributed teams, good value for the money vs the mainstays like Dropbox and Box.

Pros

I migrated to Egnyte from a local NAS file server. Now, I wish I did this earlier. Egnyte is great for us, literally it is our entire file server that follows us everwhere with an internet connection so it's extremely convenient (with the Desktop connect feature). I would have signed up a few year's ago but they didn't have the Team plan back then and now that they do, it's great for smaller businesses/teams. I don't have to worry about local/physical risks to our physical file server anymore, everything is in the cloud. Very happy with it so far.

Cons

Initially during my trial, I had lots of problems upload via FTP and after various messages to the support/sales, there was no response. But once I communicated via another channel, they were very responsive and dealt with the issue. Not sure if it was an issue with it being on a Trial account but once I upgraded to the paid plan, it was working fine.

Beth

Egnyte is best for backup and FTP with HIPAA compliant security

Secure backup of all our documents, easy to set up FTP sites, that have HIPAA compliant security.

Pros

Easy to set up and share FTP sites. Backup is usually seamless and they email if the computer hasn't been heard from in some number of days that you determine. Egnyte has HIPAA compliant security and lots of good security settings, like invitation links that expire and cannot be forwarded. They can actually provide a HIPAA certificate! The price is very reasonable for everything that's included, and the amount of control you have over your data and settings. There's even an app for android and iPhone. There are lots more features that we don't even use.

Cons

Sometimes the backup function locks up without reason. It can usually be resolved with a few clicks, but I've never figured out what happens to prompt the shutdown. The app is great for uploading photos and similar to the site, but I've never been able to use the app to invite a user - everything looks like it's working, but the "save" screen doen't pop up the way it does on the computer, and so it doesn't save the invitation and thus doesn't work. Overall, though we love this software.

Jeffrey

The biggest offering for cloud storage on the market

It literally makes an all cloud central server possible.

Pros

Everything it does. Google Docs and O365 docs in the same ecossytem. Version control. SUPER granular access privilege control. Trash for up to 6 months. AND Protect as an optional add on that give AMAZING levels of data security. And on top of all that the support team is super helpful and fast to respond.

Cons

It has its buggy moments. The mobile offering is definitely weaker than the desktop. Deployment can be tricky because it has its quirks you have to train users on.

1000% better features.

Jeffrey

Egnyte Does the Job, but That's it.

Pros

Egnyte is a cloud storage service with some basic admin controls and a desktop app that allows you to treat it as a network drive, as well a browser-based service. It functions perfectly fine in its role as a cloud service. Data is stored without any issue and the cost is reasonable.

Cons

The customer service leaves a lot to be desired. The best way to actually get assistance is to dial in and press the button for sales, you'll be assigned a lot more value. It's not the best customer retention strategy, but in my experience, the dedicated support folks are difficult to get ahold of and have to escalate your issue more often than not because they are third-party. The Salesforce API fails periodically leaving the office high and dry if I (IT Director) am not around. It's a quick fix, but the process isn't something that can be done without admin access and a decent base of knowledge.

We couldn't work without it

Previously we were using a physical server and when we started with Egnyte years ago "the Cloud" wasn't as big as it is now. From the start it was obvious that this was a superior way of having a server that we have never looked back.

Pros

Is everything an acceptable response? Easy to setup - easy to use Plugin for Outlook - can create download links to send entire folders Can setup either as something that syncs a specific file(s) to the Egnyte server or have direct access to the server (depending on the user one is better then the other). Mobile apps for both iOS and Andriod - everyone has access to all their files from anywhere they have data coverage or Wi-Fi Their tech support is top notch, always responds same day.

Cons

I have yet to find a con. I guess there are free options available (Google Drive and OneDrive) but the free options are very limited so you'll have to eventually buy a plan anyways.

Absolute must for fast growing companies

Pros

Egnyte and its various integrations is an absolute must for a shared file system in any startup. As a growing company, employees have their favorite tools - Engineers seem to prefere Google, Marketing and Sales and Administrative generally need MS Office, etc. Egnyte allows everything to be accessible from a single interface. "where is that slide deck? was it Google Drive or One Drive or just local to your computer?" is a major problem in a fast moving, growing company. Egnyte solves that as part of everyday business. User administration is simplified with straight forward AD integration and also key is inviting outside consultants to share documents is trivial as well. All huge workflow advantages.

Cons

The robust feature set can sometime confuse folks who's user behavior has been set by Google Drive or OneDrive (or even Box or DropBox).

Rikke

Drive software for corporate business

I'm happy with Egnyte and I feel like my work can be stored here in a safe and reliable way. The speed of file transfers are pretty good and I like the flexibility and applications there's available.

Pros

Great software and portal for file and file-sharing. I have the option to use Egnyte in my browser, as a drive on my PC or as automatic desktop backup. All options can also work together. The structure of files can be made as you like and the sharing options are great. You can edit files in your browser or open and edit in your desktop client. The sharing options are great and you can customize what people should be able to see or do. Clients can get access to specific folders etc.

Cons

It takes some time to learn how to use it due to the many options. I think it is a learning curve that's worth using time on. Egnyte cannot handle large files which is annoying as a designer. Inherited permissions can become a bit of a mess and there's not really any easy way to make it better. Reporting could also be improved.