• Pros

• "Very easy to access files on the go. The app makes it super easy. Very happy with the software and ability to get to my files"

• "Easy access to files from anywhere. Love the access history feature which shows who is accessing your files. Easily grant different types of access, ie read only."

• "Easy to use, easy to track who is working on what, it provides a way to email out of company large file links to download from."

• Cons

• "Some of the APIs come with an additional cost, which is sometimes less than satisfactory, and the APIs sometimes have limitations, but otherwise, it's been an entirely positive experience. "

• "Price and mobile tools/ apps. iOS app not as full featured as competitors. Slow to build relationships with other apps and software."

• "- While having everything in the cloud is great you need to account for time spent downloading and uploading content, which can be a lot depending on your Internet connection."

Browse Egnyte Reviews

Lauren from Bert Stern Productions LLC

Business Storage Hosting In A New Light

Egnyte is what happens when you combine Elon Musk's brain capacity with digital file hosting: Genius integration.

Pros

I really appreciate the way Egnyte naturally integrated into our existing business. It calculated the items we had to store and kept them in an impressive bow. The interface is very clean and distinguishable. The features all stand out in their own presence. But the one factor that really earned my loyalty to the software was the storage performance. Egnyte is the powerhouse of online file hosting. It has the durability to carry highly dense files and load them in a concise, quick manner.

Cons

Aside from not knowing of this software sooner, I do hope that Egnyte will create the opportunity for collaborative sharing through external mail hosts (email to be specific). Otherwise, I hold the software in high regards.

Reasons for Choosing Egnyte

I work as an executive assistant for a media production and one of the most important factors in our workflow is the archive storage. And we had digitally heavy files. We were determined to search for an online host that delivered the standards we were in need of. After close research and trial runs, Egnyte gave us the greatest performance. I was in awe of its features and quality. Egnyte was powerful and professional, in a way that its competitors could not withstand.

Secure Organization

Overall it was easy to implement and for end users to understand how to use it. My team did not need to undergo much training or assistance while working through implementation

Pros

I really like how Egnyte is able to sync up with a computer's own folder system making the ability to save and work with secure documents on your computer where ever you are and maintaining files solely within the frame of Egnyte. Also being able to customize our home space with our own logo and colors was a nice touch.

Reasons for Choosing Egnyte

Egnyte's ability to control access at each level of a folder/ document stack was crucial- as well as being able to invite external partners to temporarily have access to their own collaborative folder and account. The amount of space we were given for the cost was reasonable, and the customer support team has been great at staying in touch and working with us as needed.

jose from Grandway Construction

Egnyte for superintendents

I used it in my previous job in Beverly hills as a Superintendent to get pictures of day to day work to my Project managers.

Pros

Very easy to load up a large quantity of pictures at one time.

Cons

ouldn't do other things like Daily Reports or Schedules

Logan from Preqin

I love Egnyte! Top file storage, sharing and manipulation

Pros

The ability to install Egnyte drives to your machine has made file browsing, downloading and updating a seamless breeze that integrates right into your operating system. Egnyte allows a user to revert back to previous versions or restore deleted files which is a huge help when file error or human error occurs. Their online web tool is great for searching and takes away the limit of the operating system which slows the search down. Their online tool is also great for file management and version controlling.

Cons

The only downfall I have found is that Egnyte requires a relatively strong and fast internet connection to properly perform, and I have had occasions where this has let me down and cause file malfunctions between users.

Sofia from Screen Engine/ASI

Industry: Research

Sturdy for Mid Size companies

Pros

Better than Dropbox, more secure than Box.

Cons

The mobile app sometimes experienced glitches and sync issues. And the desktop app doesn’t have a good offline mode in case of lost connectivity.

Jeffrey from Abacus Life Settlements, LLC

Egnyte Does the Job, but That's it.

Pros

Egnyte is a cloud storage service with some basic admin controls and a desktop app that allows you to treat it as a network drive, as well a browser-based service. It functions perfectly fine in its role as a cloud service. Data is stored without any issue and the cost is reasonable.

Cons

The customer service leaves a lot to be desired. The best way to actually get assistance is to dial in and press the button for sales, you'll be assigned a lot more value. It's not the best customer retention strategy, but in my experience, the dedicated support folks are difficult to get ahold of and have to escalate your issue more often than not because they are third-party. The Salesforce API fails periodically leaving the office high and dry if I (IT Director) am not around. It's a quick fix, but the process isn't something that can be done without admin access and a decent base of knowledge.

Egnyte

Pros

The ease of use, accesability to files from any network, super easy to transfer files to anyone via a link so that emails don't get bogged down. I'd say my favorite feature is the outlook add-in that lets me upload and share my large media files.

Cons

At first, I didn't like the desktop sync because it confused a lot of users in my office and created double storage caches of files. However, they switched to egnyte connect and I believe these problems were solved.

John from Auregen Biotherapeutics

Industry: Biotechnology

Egnyte Database

Happy with the service they provide. The software is simple and efficient.

Pros

Really happy using this product. It is our company's primary data repository and offers us an efficient way to manage our data. As a user, setup was incredibly easy with just a link to follow and within a minute I had a z-drive set up and and it was just like accessing a normal folder on my hard drive. Happy to be using it. It is simple and efficient, yet powerful.

Cons

Didnt work so well over the web as there appears to be default privilege restrictions in editing/changing folders but once a z drive is set up it was fine

Saad from Creative Landscapes By Gregory

Easy and Efficient

Overall the experience has been great. Has improved workplace efficiency and collaboration tremendously.

Pros

Remote access to work server files make working on the go a breeze. I can access anything from anywhere so that I can have all the information I need even when on client meetings.

Cons

It can get a little getting used to at first. You no longer will store files on your desktop or folders but rather within a folder in Egnyte.

Vincent Po from Ethan Hathaway

Industry: Information Services

Great for remote businesses

So far, very satisfied with it. Great for remote/distributed teams, good value for the money vs the mainstays like Dropbox and Box.

Pros

I migrated to Egnyte from a local NAS file server. Now, I wish I did this earlier. Egnyte is great for us, literally it is our entire file server that follows us everwhere with an internet connection so it's extremely convenient (with the Desktop connect feature). I would have signed up a few year's ago but they didn't have the Team plan back then and now that they do, it's great for smaller businesses/teams. I don't have to worry about local/physical risks to our physical file server anymore, everything is in the cloud. Very happy with it so far.

Cons

Initially during my trial, I had lots of problems upload via FTP and after various messages to the support/sales, there was no response. But once I communicated via another channel, they were very responsive and dealt with the issue. Not sure if it was an issue with it being on a Trial account but once I upgraded to the paid plan, it was working fine.

Beth from McHard Accounting Consulting LLC

Egnyte is best for backup and FTP with HIPAA compliant security

Secure backup of all our documents, easy to set up FTP sites, that have HIPAA compliant security.

Pros

Easy to set up and share FTP sites. Backup is usually seamless and they email if the computer hasn't been heard from in some number of days that you determine. Egnyte has HIPAA compliant security and lots of good security settings, like invitation links that expire and cannot be forwarded. They can actually provide a HIPAA certificate! The price is very reasonable for everything that's included, and the amount of control you have over your data and settings. There's even an app for android and iPhone. There are lots more features that we don't even use.

Cons

Sometimes the backup function locks up without reason. It can usually be resolved with a few clicks, but I've never figured out what happens to prompt the shutdown. The app is great for uploading photos and similar to the site, but I've never been able to use the app to invite a user - everything looks like it's working, but the "save" screen doen't pop up the way it does on the computer, and so it doesn't save the invitation and thus doesn't work. Overall, though we love this software.

We couldn't work without it

Previously we were using a physical server and when we started with Egnyte years ago "the Cloud" wasn't as big as it is now. From the start it was obvious that this was a superior way of having a server that we have never looked back.

Pros

Is everything an acceptable response? Easy to setup - easy to use Plugin for Outlook - can create download links to send entire folders Can setup either as something that syncs a specific file(s) to the Egnyte server or have direct access to the server (depending on the user one is better then the other). Mobile apps for both iOS and Andriod - everyone has access to all their files from anywhere they have data coverage or Wi-Fi Their tech support is top notch, always responds same day.

Cons

I have yet to find a con. I guess there are free options available (Google Drive and OneDrive) but the free options are very limited so you'll have to eventually buy a plan anyways.

Absolute must for fast growing companies

Pros

Egnyte and its various integrations is an absolute must for a shared file system in any startup. As a growing company, employees have their favorite tools - Engineers seem to prefere Google, Marketing and Sales and Administrative generally need MS Office, etc. Egnyte allows everything to be accessible from a single interface. "where is that slide deck? was it Google Drive or One Drive or just local to your computer?" is a major problem in a fast moving, growing company. Egnyte solves that as part of everyday business. User administration is simplified with straight forward AD integration and also key is inviting outside consultants to share documents is trivial as well. All huge workflow advantages.

Cons

The robust feature set can sometime confuse folks who's user behavior has been set by Google Drive or OneDrive (or even Box or DropBox).

Rikke from Vertic

Drive software for corporate business

I'm happy with Egnyte and I feel like my work can be stored here in a safe and reliable way. The speed of file transfers are pretty good and I like the flexibility and applications there's available.

Pros

Great software and portal for file and file-sharing. I have the option to use Egnyte in my browser, as a drive on my PC or as automatic desktop backup. All options can also work together. The structure of files can be made as you like and the sharing options are great. You can edit files in your browser or open and edit in your desktop client. The sharing options are great and you can customize what people should be able to see or do. Clients can get access to specific folders etc.

Cons

It takes some time to learn how to use it due to the many options. I think it is a learning curve that's worth using time on. Egnyte cannot handle large files which is annoying as a designer. Inherited permissions can become a bit of a mess and there's not really any easy way to make it better. Reporting could also be improved.

Engyte is the perfect platform to store your work in the cloud

Pros

This software ends with the big file sharing issues by storing all your work files in the cloud. This comes with the benefit of keeping your computer clean and light. Also, sharing files among coworkers is made easy by using short links. You can specify the type of permissions you want for a given folder so that you can make it available only to a particular group of people, for example. This is useful when sensitive content is being shared. Another great functionality, if you work with vendors, is you can provide them with a link that will just allow them to drop files while they won't be able to see or modify its contents.

Cons

NICOLE from My az legal team

Industry: Law Practice

Egnyte is helpful

I've been using egnyte for some time now and I find it to be secure to contain all of my clients information easy-to-access anytime I need to look up there paperwork and well worth the price for all that I gained from using the software I recommended egnyte for other law practices

Pros

Egnyte is a great software to store files it is very user-friendly I have a lot of clients within my law practices and anytime I need to find a police report disclosure or any other information that I need everything is easily stored and Egnyte I have found it to be the best site for file story

Cons

Sometimes it appears that there are duplicate files created and causes a little confusion when I'm searching for just one document within the search bar this has been a little frustrating but it doesn't happen often and it hasn't changed the fact that I really enjoy using egnyte software

Nik from Anderson Hospitality Management

Nice platform with good management tools

The ability to share information with the team as well as outsiders is the biggest reason we use Egnyte. There is plenty of storage on the lower-end plans.

Pros

I use the previous version functionality once in awhile, but when I need it, it's invaluable! Also, I like the notifications on folder changes to keep me up to date without checking in.

Cons

I don't have a ton of cons to add, but I will say not all filetypes preview, but most do. The only thing we've had issues with is the desktop sync, but it wasn't anything major and was quickly addressed by the support team.

Tom from Vertic

Cloud solution with top notch sharing options

I'm very happy with Egnyte. Once I got the touch on how to use it I have found it easy. The desktop version works really well and sync my files automatically.

Pros

Egnyte is a super cloud solution that have a nice folder structure with a really manageable permission scheme. It's easy to share files - internally and externally. I really appreciate the option for changing url when sharing files. I can also backtrack all my shared links and I can see who have accessed it when. The applications also do the job.

Cons

The application have required manually installed updates. I think they might have solved this now. The reports option should maybe have some more options and flexibility.

Easy to use, great price, excellent customer service

Pros

Offers easy to use cloud computing storage. Makes collaborating on documents within our team a breeze and gives us piece of mind being able to save everything on the cloud so no work will be lost in case of computer failure. Customer service is outstanding!

Cons

Used to offer an easy automatic backup for your personal computer drives, which is no longer offered. Wish they'd bring that back. If you want to view photo thumbnails without opening each photo, it can take a little while to load.

Cao-Quy from JT Vaughn Construction

Still missing key features but overall pretty good

Pros

Customer support answers in a timely manner, features keep getting added, feature request that you asked for will get added in the future sometimes, syncing local NAS drives to the cloud, versioning of files and restoring of files.

Cons

Sometimes features that you request will get ignored, navigating through the website is slow, common sense features like deleting multiple links are left out. The trash bin is very slow response, deleting shared links is very tedious, user run reports are out dated.

Marie Debbie from Pteris Global

Awesome once you learn it!

I use Egnyte on a day to day basis, and it is a great package for cloud storage of all files, and for collaboration between teams. The reports are awesome, you can pull up exact details about your users and what files they have accessed and when. However, you need an Admin that knows the ins and outs in order to take full advantage of all the great features. Overall it is a great software with a very helpful customer service, also their training videos are awesome and very helpful.

Pros

Put together well, lots of options

Cons

The learning curve is steep

Linda from FranBizNetwork

Powerful and easy to use

Very useful, easy to use, lots of features (I haven't figured out how to use them all yet).

Pros

Egnyte keeps track of everything. All our contacts, deals and activities are all inn one place sp everyone knows what is going on with every client and deal

Cons

It can be slow loading sometimes (probably because we have so much data in there). I don't care for the email feature, so I linked my email to Egnyte. It works seamlessly

delaney from Sprig

Great document manager

Very, very easy to organize and manage file, doc, pdfs. super easy to move them around and download. I really like how you can send invites for others to view a document.

Pros

I love that is can make multiple folders and put permission on it. I like how i can construct a filing system that meet the job needs/criteria and able to keep it a standard.

Cons

the favorite star, it never seems to work for me to go to a shortcut folder fast

Keith from Stewart Plumbing, Inc.

Best hybrid storage solution

Use it daily as my primary file server.

Pros

Hybrid solution of cloud with local storage and sync. Best for companies that rely on local files instantly synced to cloud. Microsoft server support, NAS support, desktop sync with all the permission and rules from AD or Egnyte.

Lee from Synexis Biodefense

Industry: Biotechnology

Very Capable Software for Document Security and Sharing

Great!

Pros

Very robust software for storing documents in the cloud. Allows everyone to access latest versions. Favorite aspect is the ability to share files and be notified when and where they are opened from. It's also nice to have version history for files. Lastly, having desktop file access makes using very seamless. It's just like using your regular (C:) drive.

Cons

Sharing capability has to be done through the online site. It would be nice to be able to get a sharing link straight from the desktop file system.

Excellent for small company with several remote workers

Our switch to Egnyte was a great decision and would recommend any other company to do the same.

Pros

We have several remote workers in our company, and this allows everyone to access the same folders. Easily downloads and syncs onto your computer. We switched to Egnyte after our server was dying, and this proved to be an affordable, secure solution to our digital files. It's easy to customized access to different users, allowing for private HR and accounting files.

Cons

If you are accessing from the website (rather than downloading), it can be slow. It defaults to sending everyone in the company a ton of emails, which can easily be turned off but can be annoying at first.

Anya from Skyline Attractions, LLC

Industry: Machinery

Cloud Software Great for Collaboration

Great for our smaller office solution to keep a lot of files organized between many users, probably good for large offices too, has a very functional phone app for adding pictures or viewing files on the go.

Pros

Cons

I don't think I have any complaints with this software. The issues

Luyan from medac pharma

Useful tool for storing and sharing documents

Pros

The software can hold multiple folders and documents. Different security levels can be set up to restrict or grant access. Very useful tool for sharing in multiple work locations.

Cons

If one person accidentally moves a root folder. It could take a lot of effort to retrieve and cause significant pause as people will not able to access during the retrieval process.

Ease of use with powerful capabilities where needed

Overall, Egnyte is great, it's made it simple for me to access and store files in the cloud, but also integrate into automated workflows via command line tools.

Pros

Egnyte makes it easy to store files in a cloud based storage area, but has additional enterprise level capabilities that make it possible to integrate into powerful workflows.

Cons

Really the only thing I dislike about Egnyte is that there are no data sovereignty capabilities as far as I can tell. You can't specify where data is stored geographically.

LINDA from FranBizNetwork

Keeps all records in one place

All team members file all our contracts, all documents from our clients and even each team member has their own personal folder

Pros

This product keeps all our records from all team members in one place. It makes it easy to see if we already have contact with a client, file all contracts, and also we can securely share files with clients

Cons

I have no complaints, this is a very expandable product. It has served well in organizing all our client records

Don from Frontier

Great cloud storage option

Pros

Cons

Unless your users keep up with software updates, access to updated files goes away. This proves troublesome for companies with less tech savvy employees.

Egnyte for Secure Online Storage

Pros

Egnyte does a great job for online secure document storage. With tight hierarchal permissions, it's a great option for remote companies who don't have local offices to secure sensitive documents. It's easy to set up and manage.

Cons

On occasion I find it can be slow to load.

H P from Farmer Morgan

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Use this product all day and have not had any problems

Downloading .tiff files

Pros

Unlimited file size. We use a lot of .tiff files and Egnyte works great for them. The ability to access files and data from any computer is super convenient for our company since we use a lot of different machines.

Cons

Sometimes it appears data is missing and you have to go back and try again from previous file folders which is not a problem, it is just confusing sometimes. Not a big deal.

Seth from Strategic Stewardship

Great for what it does.

Pros

Cons

Customer service is pretty terrible. Very hard to reach, not very helpful, not very quick at responding.

Eric from Bosch USA

Egnyte: great cloud based file storage solution

Pros

First thing I like about Egnyte is the simplicity and ease of use. It's very easy to use straight out of the box and doesn't take a lot of time to get used to. I also like how easy it is to share files externally with clients by simply sending them a link. Another thing is the fast syncing. It's so fast that files i upload into a shared folder becomes available to others in seconds.

Cons

I think the user interface needs to be updated as it looks rather dated. Another issue is that support seems to be sluggish the few times I've contacted them.

Drew from IDM

Egnyte has been a great asset to our overall document storage strategy.

Easy management of document storage for our company.

Pros

This software is easy to use. Users were trained quickly. Has great application integrations with many top level software companies.

Cons

Very little, which is a great think. The link sharing is not quite as clear and clean I would like it to be. Can be confusing for most users or they could share public links easily on accident.

Anupriya from PR Firm

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

File sharing made easy

Pros

It is extremely easy to share large amount of data/files across users on cloud - Can be divided among groups - Notifications when changes/edits are made make it is easy to track for the admins - Safe and secure - Even on mobile version, file access is fast

Cons

-Compared to Dropbox, the user interface is less pretty but the features make up for that part -Tough to track of the content view - who has viewed versus who has not

Really nice interface and easy to use

We use it as our only file server. We dont have to manage any local file servers thanks to this system.

Pros

Alot of nice features, integrates directly with windows and Mac. Permission structure is easy to use.

Cons

No support for Push groups using sso. I have also occasionally experienced sync problems with files.

Zachary from Ernst & Young

Egnyte Review

Pros

This product allows my clients to send me large files with great ease. I prefer its functionality to SharePoint or Dropbox because its interface is more user-friendly and the ability to download multiple folders to a single zip folder is very convenient.

Cons

My clients have encountered a few problems on the uploading end that have required uploading an item more than once.

We use Egnyte within our Salesforce org. It has been great from the start.

Pros

Being able to have Egnyte integrate with Salesforce is a must. The software gives us a documents for each of our records and was pretty easy to setup. Love it!

Cons

With us using Egnyte wishing Salesforce, we never use their web interface (which is still great) and we currently don't have a way to search files in individual records. This feature would be a great and helpful addition.

Tommy from Sweeps & Ladders

Cloud based storage

Pros

Very easy to use with great tech support. This software gives you the ability to store all documentation in the cloud which can be accessed by employees from anywhere.

Cons

I would like the cost to be a little less, but other than that nothing really negative to say at this point.

Simple file sharing with governance capabilities

Pros

The software is as easy to use as things that Dropbox and Google Drive, but provides additional capabilities for advanced users, such as FTP access where necessary.

Cons

So far I haven't really encountered any issues apart from not having a Linux based sync client.

Decent file exchange platform

Great product that served it’s purpose on the project I worked on. The features are constantly updated and optimized

Pros

Intuitive user-friendly interface, packed with useful features like version history, online editing via MS Office

Cons

Two factor authentication is wobbly sometimes

Alex from Hawkins Law Firm

Great storage solution that's affordable for a company.

Pros

The way folder structure are created are great. Also, the ability to edit permissions like a typical windows permission set is great.

Cons

There's still a lot of features that's not available on the Salesforce component that's available on their web UI.

David from Triangle Capital Group

Very easy and simple

Easily access shared company documents

Pros

The software is very easy and it is very simple to download to your desktop and use. It is very secure

Cons

Sometimes the software doesn't connect to the computer right away and you have to restart the computer

clint from Chesmar Homes

Egnyte is were we save our docs

I save everything in Egnyte and can access anytime from multiple devices. For the construction business its a must to have program so valuable & easy to use

Pros

Can access from mobile device in the field when I need land or blue print documents.

Cons

I have found nothing I do not like about this software

Derek from MRM//McCann

Egnyte was a game changer for our company!

Being able to collaborate and share our files all in one place will save our team and company countless hour / even days from sending and searching for files like we used to do in the past. Time is money!!

Pros

Working with large teams and large files, Egnyte was the thing we were always missing. The ability to access and control collaborative files across our team has streamlined our entire process. The ability to integrate numerous app already in place in our company is what put this over the top.

Cons

It may be very pricey for the average team, but at the enterprise level, it is highly recommended.

David from MacLeod Construction, Inc.

Egnyte is the Perfect Business-Ready Cloud Solution

Access to company files (especially jobsite related ones) anywhere, security, and efficiency.

Pros

Security, consistency, and ease of use are the biggest perks here. Users from IT to none at all have a simple time understanding how to use their cloud solution. The local server storage sync for office computers to have easy access to all cloud files locally is very helpful.

Cons

The administration package (SSO) is really expensive, I wish they supported fingerprint security like they do on iOS, and the app crashes when syncing lots of files that were marked offline.

Brian from Engs Commercial Finance

Egnyte

Pros

Egnyte is an easy to use file sharing software. It is easy to navigate and set up files. Click to share with other users is a piece of cake.

Cons

I see no flaws in using the software. So far - so good

Secure File Storage

This product has given us the ablity to securley share files with outside agencies.

Pros

This has given us the ability to give our remote users access to files they need.

Cons

Contract process was a headache. There billing team was very inflexible. kept give us the run around on price and took a ling time to produce a quote.