• Pros

• "Ease of setup, ease of use, quick and reliable"

• "It was a very easy place to allow people to upload imagery from the field in times of stressful conditions and emergencies. I have had no negative feedback from people concerning this service."

• "Exavault is easy to configure y manage users a folder for sharing as FTP. It's secure and has a detail option to audit every operation in the application"

• Cons

• "It only has one webhook configuration for all folders/users"

• "The system only appears to send a single notification when a folder is accessed by the same user. It would preferable if a notification is sent each time a folder is accessed. "

• "Maybe they could do DNS setups like [yourcompany. exavault .com] to simplify the URL's and have a cleaner login option. Not a big deal but could be a good enhancement."

Browse ExaVault Cloud FTP Reviews

Scott from Weis Builders

Excellent features, great value and pricing models, simple for end users.

We use Exavault for many things, but mostly general purpose file sharing. Unlike the "box"-type alternatives, Exavault does not nag users to sign up for an account or download software. We have complete control over what type of experience a recipient has -- whether it be just click on a link to download, enter a password, enter an email and password, etc. This can be set by share.

Pros

User management and permissions are simple but flexible. Training end users is minimal or not required - the UI design is clear and a joy to use. We've used Exavault for over 10 years and they are regularly updating and improving the system. It also works with traditional FTP / SFTP, which is important for some integrations.

Cons

None really, this is a solid product and I recommend considering it.

Don from The Recordnews

Easy to use!

Great resource, use all the time with our sensitive client data.

Pros

Love the file structure is similar to my everyday use of file folders and being able to assign log in info to particular files. I use that feature all the time with clients trying to send us their large artwork or database files. And, the fact that it's secure is an added bonus for our financial clients.

Cons

Have no real issues - initially had some issues with passwords and logins...

Reasons for Switching to ExaVault Cloud FTP

security and the need for higher protection on files and data.

Brian from B6 Nordic A/S

Industry: Machinery

A cloudbased SFTP server that does what it is supposed to.

We use the SFTP server for a secure "mailbox" for EDI purposes.

Pros

I like the simplicity, manageability and accessibility of the SFTP server. Our basic needs for a cloudbased SFTP server is totally fulfilled.

Cons

Nothing, actually. All our basic requirements are fulfilled.

Reasons for Choosing ExaVault Cloud FTP

Initially... probably its price.

Gary from Foursquare ITP

Excellent FTP service with more features you would think for the price.

Moving to ExaVault was seamless, extremely easy to onboard 50 users, and fantastic over the course of our two-to-three years of using the service. No user complains about the service at all - which is a testament of its quality and ease-of-use!

Pros

The GUI, the fast file upload, the folder sharing and protections, and SFTP features are excellent. The price point for our plan is fantastic considering the quality and amount of features available. Transmission speed, connections, and bandwidth allowances are generous and appropriate.

Cons

The expiration dates for files/folders are not always intuitive. In one situation the fileshare link expired sooner than we would have liked. In other cases, users forget to flag files for deletion and the space utilization sometimes grows without control. I have not found easy ways to increase capacity, so I cannot speak to pricing for additional storage space.

Reasons for Switching to ExaVault Cloud FTP

We had been using a so-called best-in-class provider for years, and found bandwidth limitations and size quotas unreasonable and terribly expensive to scale up. It was also a clunky, old-school interface and not at all user-friendly to administer and deploy.

Stu from Workforce Insight, LLC

HR/Payroll/WFM Consultants

Ability to share data with clients/partners securely and not use email.

Pros

We implement HR/Payroll solutions from UKG and use Exavault extensively during the implementation process for secure transmission of sensitive data between members of the project team. We give access to client data to our clients and they quickly become adapt at uploading/downloading information. This allows us to remain compliant with both ours and the client security requirements.

Cons

We look forward to the ability to archive users- as we complete a project we revoke the client access and delete their data. We can't archive or remove the users. Another level of access control would be helpful - right now you grant access to a single node of the directory structure- in our case a client - or all. We ideally would be able to grant an individual consultant rights to the clients that they are working on without giving them access to all.

High Availability and Fast

No problems

Pros

Good basic SFTP services. Nice to be able to connect with conventional passwords or more secure keypairs

Cons

I have had no problems with the service since the beginning

Simpler

Brandon from AmSher

Excellent SFTP Choice

ExaVault has been a great add for our business. We made the move from an internal SFTP server in a DMZ to a cloud option. This allowed us to further secure our internal network and firewall, and get the admin of an SFTP server off our shoulders. Our multiple clients, some billion $ plus companies, were able to instantly integrate and use the new setup. One client was using out of date technology, and ExaVault support set up several phone meetings to get them up and running, and went above and beyond in doing so.

Pros

Ease of setup, ease of use, and ability to customize, setup, and segregate different users.

Cons

We haven't really ran into any negatives to this point.

Reasons for Switching to ExaVault Cloud FTP

To eliminate an onsite physical SFTP server from our network.

Adam from Samurai Data Analytics

Industry: Capital Markets

Easy to use, flexible pricing, client-friendly front-end

Extremely user-friendly (I'm not a tech and was easily able to set it up, add new files, folders, users, etc.), cost-effective, plug-in-play type use case. Perfect for low to medium-level users. I'm not a power user, so I can't speak to its use cases there.

Pros

Ease of use for creating new users, granting user-specific access/permissions, white label optionality, notifications

Cons

Would be ideal if total white labeling was a cheaper option, had one isolated issue where a UK-based client (we're US-based) could not access their assigned folders via the website. They could only access directly via a backend connection with the SFTP.

Reasons for Choosing ExaVault Cloud FTP

Cost and ease of use during trial

Exavault has been a huge time saver

Pros

Exavault provided us with a much needed solution to traditional FTP technology that was more secure, less on-premise hassle and easier to use. This technology now allows us to interact seamlessly with our client base in a secure and reliable manner.

Cons

There is very little about this software we didn't like. As always, price always plays a factor, and although the solution is more expensive than our traditional method, the added value completely makes up for it. They charge a fair price for their services and it's well worth the extra costs.

Reasons for Switching to ExaVault Cloud FTP

Added security and ease of management

Luca from KASANOVA spa

Easy and affordable SFTP cloud service

We can connect several SFTP users to each other, without worrying about firewalls, security, internal resources, disk space, etc.

Pros

Ease of use is much appreciated, we can transfer files using both FTP client and web interface. It's simple even for non-tech users, they can start using it in minutes. We don't need an on-premise ftp / sftp server, increasing security.

Cons

I can't find a really improvement to ask, I see feature growing up more than expected

Reasons for Switching to ExaVault Cloud FTP

We are looking to expand our market to new countries, we need a simple and safe way to transfer files (EDI)

Stephen from AViD Insight

Industry: Market Research

ExaVault value and multiple Integration options were a

The ability to use ExaVault's web-based interface provided a professional UI to our customers without neededing to stand up a SFTP server of our own or pay for the relatively expensive AWS SFTP service. Also, ExaVaults WebHook/API enabled customer actions in the ExaVault web UI to trigger long-running business processes (step functions) in AWS allowed our dev team to focus on custom customer-specific capabilities. We have not yet white-labeled ExaVault but we will when it becomes a priority. Tech support - when needed - was always quick and effective too.

Pros

While the value of ExaVault was an important aspect, we really liked the simplicity of the solution and the ability to deeply integrate the service into our business process through the available API.

Cons

We would have liked just a couple more user accounts at the lower tier. For the first 4-6 months of use we needed just one or two additional user accounts but were required to jump up to the next tier to get them.

Reasons for Choosing ExaVault Cloud FTP

We chose ExaVault over price (inexpensive entry tier), features (web hooks, API) and realized early on that support was exceptional.

Reasons for Switching to ExaVault Cloud FTP

AWS Transfer for SFTP was very costly and though it's marketed as a SaaS offering ti still required some administration - something we didn't want to deal with.

Robert from RLA Communications Engineering LLC

Industry: Wireless

ExavaultReviewByRLA

My over experience is quite positive. I've been using it for about 3 years now.

Pros

ExaVault is very easy to use while providing very good protection over who accesses the files and folders including the sending of a notification of when someone has accessed a given folder.

Reasons for Switching to ExaVault Cloud FTP

I switched to ExaVault because I felt that it was more secure and more intuitive than DropBox.

Jessica from Alliant Capital Management

One of the Easiest Programs

We are securely moving documents between companies at ease! This is very important to our business

Pros

This product is so easy to use. It is extremely user-friendly and self-explanatory.

Cons

There are no features that have not met my expectations

Tim from SC Emergency Management Division

Happy

No issues means good experience in my world.

Reasons for Choosing ExaVault Cloud FTP

Found some good reviews and the product features are what I required.

Reasons for Switching to ExaVault Cloud FTP

Same or better features and less cost.

David from Digital Mountain, Inc.

We love this product. It is fast, easy to use and very reliable. I highly recommended especially you can customize to have your own branding

Pros

Ease of setup, ease of use, quick and reliable

Cons

Don't have anything I don't like about.

Reasons for Choosing ExaVault Cloud FTP

Fair pricing and web-based style FTP, ease of use.

Not very reliable

Randy from ProphetLine, Inc

Industry: Program Development

User and Cost Friendly File Sharing

ExaVault has exceeded all our expectations. We needed an easy to setup solution that we could get going quickly. We had everything configured, tested and working in less than an hour. Another concern was our users experience and one we configured their client, it just works. I highly recommend ExaVault to anyone needing FTP services.

Pros

ExaVault is very easy to setup and administer. Their support is very prompt, professional and provide excellent service.

Cons

I have found no cons to using ExaVault. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

Reasons for Switching to ExaVault Cloud FTP

Uptime, maintainability and ease of use.

David from Intergence Systems Ltd

Best FTP Service for your Buck!

Overall it has been a real gem of a product and service. It is very secure and enables us to deliver sensitive information to our clients in a very secure compliant way.

Pros

The ease of setup, branding and feature richness.

Cons

Difficult to say anything negative about this product as it was so fit for purpose!

Reasons for Choosing ExaVault Cloud FTP

We looked at other cloud alternative but this ticked all our boxes on requirements, cost and performance.

Reasons for Switching to ExaVault Cloud FTP

We wanted a service that was easy to use, reliable and accessible from any global location.

Randy from Calvary Chapel of the Cumberland Valley

Terrific Ease of Use

We use ExaVault for transferring files for our radio broadcast. ExaVault has enabled us to move much of the production from our Church to offsite developers. This has saved us both time and money.

Pros

I am not a hi-tech person and often have difficulty with various programs. I have attempted to use FTPs in the past and found myself more confused by it all than able to effectively use the product. This has not been the case with Exavault. Although I am not the primary user in our organization - I did take time to familiarize myself with it in order to evaluate whether this was a service we wanted. I have been completely pleased with the ease of use. Also, customer service has been extremely responsive.

Cons

Nothing that I can note at this time. Exavault provided everything we were looking for at an affordable price and with simplicity for using the features.

Luis from Global Telesourcing

ExaVault works and help us in our day to day operation

We share files with our clients Enable folder so our clients share secure documents Webhooks are a greater way to keep up to date local process

Pros

Cons

It only has one webhook configuration for all folders/users

David from Core

The best SFTP solution for any company!

Exavault has helped my company have a fast, secure and easy to use SFTP client whenever we need to have data transferred in and out of our network. I chose to upgrade from our internal hosted FTP and I am glad I did, I wanted to leave the hosting in the hands of the professionals which puts me and my team at ease.

Pros

How easy it was to implement into our company. It's also clean and professional and the security puts our clients at ease if they worry about security.

Cons

I think for the novice IT staff, better descriptions about what each level of access you can get to a suers credentials would be of value to make it more user frienddly for them.

Reasons for Choosing ExaVault Cloud FTP

Exavault is a smaller company, you have a clean interface and friendly support and sales staff. This sold me right away and I knew this was the service for me and the company I work for.

Reasons for Switching to ExaVault Cloud FTP

I wanted to have something more secure which our clients would relate to and see as us offering them the highest security. Exavault didn't disappoint, I'm so glad I switched us over!

Jose from CANGOPAL

Super easy to implement and cost efficient

Pros

ExaVault makes the use of sftp very easy and helped us to deploy secured solutions for our cloud Customers. The account creation is fast and you're quickly ready to go.

Cons

The web admin interface is a bit confusing and things can be improved in this side. Otherwise, nothing else to report.

Vincent from Sierra Lending Corporation

Easy to set up and a great value

Pros

The product is very easy to set up/deploy Great Value Decent set of features

Cons

Would like my customization options without coding

Robert from Film Musicians Secondary Markets Fund

Reliable, Easy & Inexpensive

We have a niche use for FTP that is critical and long term. The low cost and ease of setup is outstanding, but the ability to eliminate a server and all the administrative babysitting required for it was the cherry on the cake for me. The less unnecessary work I or my admin has to do, the better.

Pros

We were able to eliminate an internal FTP server that we've maintained for years. The ExaVault solution took less time to setup and get functioning than it did to patch our server once a month. This helped eliminate administrative overhead for maintaining a server just to provide an FTP platform for our customers to use. The cost benefit of this service was a no brainer.

Cons

I had no real con's for the service. I wish i had found it earlier.

Don from Uganda Airlines

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Great Product, great pricing model

Pros

Easy of deployment, User management and permission assignment User friendly GUI

Cons

I am yet find any cons. For my all out needs are adequately addressed.

Jon from The Record Publications, LLC

Industry: Publishing

The very best for Cloud FTP

Easy setup, and additional features that we were surprised to see. Like the connection to our website for secure uploads.

Pros

We were looking for a method of FTP transfer that didn't require us to host the service ourselves. We were pleasantly surprised that ExaVault was able to handle this process via the cloud. We most appreciate the security involved in the process. The security was a feature demand from our clients. We were able to provide this with relative ease.

Cons

There are really no cons to report about this software. It's easy to set up, amazing features, and our clients love it.

Reasons for Choosing ExaVault Cloud FTP

We looked at a few other competitors, but none had the same security features.

Adria from OS Conference

I highly recommend ExaVault for your business FTP and SFTP needs

We are a telecom company and have other telco companies as clients. When those companies need to get a secure file, this is the way we transfer between our companies. Easily, securely and efficiently. We have used companies like DropBox and Google Drive, but Exavault is so seamless between companies who use different platforms using them a no-brainer!

Pros

This product has an extremely easy to use interface and GUI. Drag and drop or upload options make getting the files you need loaded simple and painless. Multiple user option notifies you when files are loaded, removed and deleted.

Cons

There really is nothing I don't like about this service. It really is very efficient, simple, secure and user friendly.

Reasons for Choosing ExaVault Cloud FTP

Security, functionality, price and ease of use.

Reasons for Switching to ExaVault Cloud FTP

Security and functionality between platforms. ExaVault made it simple!

David from REGENT HOMES LLC

Easy to use for Homebuilders to submit plans online

Easy to use and straightforward for sharing plans during COVID-19

Pros

I like the ease of being able to send plans to the city to review and for it to follow up with an email showing confirmation of the plans sent.

Cons

It could have a cleaner aesthetic, and also it could look into showing image previews of the pdfs that are being shared.

Kelly from Appro Development

Very User Friendly

Pros

User friendly. I was able to efficiently use the software with little to no training.

Cons

No issues with the software at this time.

Don from The Ark Group

Great Product, Service and Value!

Pros

The software is simple to use yet able to accommodate complex tasks.

Cons

We haven't been using the software long enough to have experienced anything negative.

Matthew from Futamura USA

Industry: Chemicals

ExaVault Cloud FTP

Pros

ExaVault Could ftp is incredibly easy to set up and use.

Cons

I have yet to experience a downside to Exavault. It does exactly what its supposed to do.

Secure file collaboratoin

This product has given us the ablity to securley share files with outside agencies.

Pros

Ablity to securly share, store, and access files.

Cons

Haven't run into any isseus using this so far.