All Google Drive Reviews

Must Get !

Jonathan

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2020

Probably the easiest to use, full featured, cloud file storage system on the market

I needed a place to store documents that I'd be able to access securely from any device. I also wanted to be able to use this storage system to collaborate with other people on storing and/or delivering documents. This software is perfect for that need.

PROS

Google Drive is probably the easiest software to use for cloud file storage. It has apps for phones, tablets, mac, and pc. I mostly use the web interface for managing my files and permissions because it seems to have the most robust and consistent feature set. It's remarkably easy to upload a file and then share that file with another person or get a public link to that file to post anywhere. I like that you can share entire folders and make collaborating on file storage downright simple. You can upload multiple files at once and it handles it in the background. It's mac and pc apps make it possible to sync a folder (or your entire drive if you want) with a folder on your computer. It has very generous storage allotments and a payment structure for upgrades that's neither complex nor expensive. Another awesome feature is the ability to preview most documents. Most only storage systems just allow you to view a file type thumbnail and download the file. When looking through hundreds of files, it's cumbersome at best. But with Drive, you can easily preview most documents without having to open them in a separate window.

CONS

It is very difficult (possibly impossible) to collaborate with users who don't have a Google account. Also, when trying to implement Google Drive via a custom software product, their API documentation is very complicated. Their examples are almost useless. Finally, it's not a version control system. While Google Docs and Sheets allow users to see the history of their edits, it's not simple (it may not be possible) to recover a document from Google Drive that was changed/deleted in the past. There is a trash system, but it's not for recovering different versions of a file. None of these were deal-breakers for me, so I love the software.

Reason for choosing Google Drive

Google Drive was not only cheaper, but had better integrations with other platforms and a simpler overall interface.

Alan

Events Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Reliability versatility and cost all worth one

I can't complain. It's very versatile, easy and everyone knows it how to use it. That being said, because I maximize that two terabytes for the cloud per year about $500 to 1,000 annually. You do get perks such as exclusive software, VPN by Google. You get free web dark scans to make sure your not vulnerable on the dark web etc

PROS

I feel like I shouldn't even have to explain this but the way it's laid out over the years. Your teaching yourself how to use without even noticing it's very. Subprime

CONS

Would say a long time ago. Couple years it was a little bit laggy but now compared more cloud base storage and cost I cannot complain. There's no recoil at this point

Reasons for switching to Google Drive

It would took a more space and it may have more features but it didn't need to be that much extra for what was needed. I would still maybe should have outlook for academical feature

Geramy

Photography, 1 employee

Decent Cloud Storage

My experience with Google Drive hasn't been poor... I've jsut found other services that I prefer (and so do my clients).

PROS

Fairly easy to use, easily sharable links for others

CONS

Must be part of the Google sphere to use it, expensive compared to other options, and not super simple for others to use if they are not already part of Google Drive.

Leane

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2019

Cloud Storage Exchanged?

Overall it's still the best value for money and better than the others.

PROS

Favourite features would probably be that it's easier to use than the other 2 popular offerings out there. Syncing is very easy on PC and mobile devices. I personally like the comfortable view setting that is available. Moving folders on the app is easy enough.

CONS

Well like everything in life something's could be improved apon. The app could improve on the search function, detection of duplicate files. The filter function needs allot of work oh oh and the search function. And it would be great if more extensions worked with Google drive.

Reason for choosing Google Drive

It's just the easiest to use and staff tested it and the fact that sharing folders is easy

Reasons for switching to Google Drive

Just annoyed everyone and the company voted to end the pain

Jakub

Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed August 2023

Very useful backup and data storage manager

I am very satissifed overall, because G Drive has everything I need including the access from whatever device I want.

PROS

I really love the accessibility, that I can reach my files from the computer, mobile phone, my tablet... From whatever device I am logged in on my Google account, I can access my files. I can sort them by folders, files, date etc, files are also backed up across devices, storage data plan is also not so expensive for me. I also can color the folders which is the feature I am using a lot. It's better for me as I can easily find the right files and folders then.

CONS

Google drive is great for me as a whole, so nothing is bad for me. Maybe that Docs and Sheets doesn't have all the features as other services, but it is not primarily the Drive's issue.

Reason for choosing Google Drive

I have chosen Google drive, because I am using everything from the Google and I want to have seamless sync across devices.

Muhammad

Events Services, 51-200 employees

Office life saver app

Google drive is a part of my daily office life plus i use it for my personal document wallet as well.

PROS

File sharing become so easy and i store all my important documents in google drive and even access them from mobile.

CONS

No special discounts or extra storge offers

Reason for choosing Google Drive

Google Drives give best dashboard which is easy to use

Reasons for switching to Google Drive

Google drive is more reasonable and easy to use.

Kayla

E-Learning, 2-10 employees

The #1 business tool for organizing and sharing files

This tool facilitated the startup of my business!

PROS

What I enjoy most about Google Drive is that it offers all-in-one solutions, for free up to a certain amount of storage, compared to Microsoft Office. Backups are saved and documents are synched automatically and I can collaborate simultaneously with coworkers and clients in the same document to facilitate work.

CONS

There is sincerely nothing that I don't like about Google Drive. I use it all day, every day within my business. I couldn't survive without it!

Reasons for switching to Google Drive

Google Drive is more affordable, more user-friendly, and more widely used among fellow entrepreneurs. Most clients and collaborations are happy with the ease of use of Google Drive for our documents.

Umar

Computer Hardware, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2023

Review of Google Drive

As I Explained above, my overall experience with google drive is fantastic, it's very usefull tool for me & I Already recommended it to many of my friends, They are using it & Enjoying. Most of them are IOS users but they love Google drive due to it's features.

PROS

Google drive is my best companion in the sense of carrying my data anywhere, logging in from any of my devices & start getting access to my data. All I need to do is "Sign in " with my Gmail account & My data is in front of me. It's such a usefull & Needfull Tool from Google.

CONS

Yeah in start there were some complications for creating seperate folders to put my data into seperate folders invidually, May be I was wrong at that time I didn't have that much info about it like how to use it. But Yes, for now there is nothing Like that, I can use it very smoothly & Keep my data at it's cloud storage to use it on my all devices.

Reasons for switching to Google Drive

Because of Lack of storage, iCloud provides only 5GB of storage, where Google drive provides 15GB of free storage, So I decided to switch from iCloud to Google drive.

Jonathan

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Better Than Dropbox

PROS

Easy to use UX and Navigation, integration with Gmail makes downloading directly from emails easy. Pairs well with Android phones and handles large uploads well

CONS

The zip for download functionality. It's slow and times out, wasting time and effort. You only have a finite amount of storage belt you have to pay. It's cheaper than most, but still annoying.

Reasons for switching to Google Drive

Dropbox is garbage and constantly changing to improve while somehow getting worse along the way. Inadequate for large package downloads to the point where downloads timeout on DB server side.

Toshia

Cosmetics, 1 employee

Best file manager ever

I love Google drive there is no changing for me.

PROS

I love how easy and beautiful it is to file share and save and send emails.

CONS

I don't have a big con yet. At least maybe able to customize the colors in the interface.

Reason for choosing Google Drive

Nothing beats the Google drive. It's already in my email.

Juan

Outsourcing/Offshoring, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed February 2024

My secure bank for any file type

PROS

I feel safe having my data uploaded on Drive, and I can easily access it from multiple devices, my computer, phone, or tablet.

CONS

The upload speed could be faster. Especially when uploading long videos. I have found other apps speed faster.

Angela

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

Gdrive review

PROS

Convenient use in securing and compiling files, option for color-coded folders in sorting according to subjects, and up-to-date functional key features.

CONS

There are times that some files are automatically duplicated or moved from one folder to another, most especially in shared files/access cases.

Consumer Electronics, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2024

The best cloud storage for all devices!!

PROS

Super handy to store all your photos & documents Share documents in real time Excellent for group projects

CONS

So far I have no issues with Google drive.

Marcy

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Seamless Solution

Google Drive has simplified my file management process and significantly improved collaboration. Whether for personal use or teamwork, it's a reliable and efficient solution that I highly recommend.

PROS

Mobile access, no max storage, file sharing and permissions

CONS

sometimes it can be diffcult to find a document if you don't know where you saved it.

Kevin

Gambling & Casinos, 201-500 employees

Reviewed November 2019

Google drive is my daily perosonal and work related cloud storage and always

Overall google drive is my key cloud storage, very well integrated into all my devices. And I am using it as part of my daily life, both personally and professionally. I would like to share it with my friends, families and colleagues. It also has a great integration with gmail which I am using to access emails and sharing documents.

PROS

1. It has very advanced and strong security, you can upload files and limited different levels of access (read, write, etc) to you and your friends. 2. It has a very easy way to share documents with friends, by click a link to generate a tiny url that can be sent via email, sms, and all other chat programs. 3. It supports all types of documents, such as powerpoint, spreadsheet, word documents, pdf, and there are a huge library you can install extensions for more types of documents. 4. you can easily map local drive and it will take care of the synchronisation, and you don't need to do any extra work to have your documents available everywhere online. 5. excellent integration with gmail, you can insert documents from gmail text editor, also you can download and save attachment directly into google drive.

CONS

1. Sometimes after I uploaded word documents, the format is messed up, it might be because the different format between Google and Microsoft office. 2. Sometimes it failed to upload from my mobile and asking me to provide feedbacks. But it never get fixed or improved. I would like to see more support from Google's team. 3. Permission management is a bit confusing, it is hard to have a overview which extensions have what permissions in google drive.

Reason for choosing Google Drive

Great integration with all other google products. such as Gmail, Google Sheet, Google Doc, etc.

Jason

Primary/Secondary Education, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed March 2020

Once again, Google is better than Microsoft.

I use Drive for most of my personal files and all of my professional files. I love how organized I can be and my life would be much more difficult without Google Drive.

PROS

I am a hyper-organized individual, and I like being able to place items into their correct folder. Every file I need more than once gets sorted and filed away in my Google Drive. If I lose/break my laptop, it really doesn't matter because everything I need is save to my Google Drive. They give you so much storage room (15GB) that I don't think I'll ever need to buy more from them.

CONS

Sometimes I discover that really old files that I haven't needed for a decade are still there and taking up storage space, but there is so much free space that it doesn't really matter. Plus, I'm glad that Drive doesn't erase files I haven't used in a while. It might be nice if they asked once in a while if still needed something that hasn't been touched, though.

Reasons for switching to Google Drive

Microsoft has OneDrive, OneNote, SharePoint, Teams, Notebook, and Sway. They all do similar jobs, and I was sick of how they don't work together well. Google Drive replaces all of them at the same time and does a better job, too!

Lindsie

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2020

Google Drive is an essential business tool

Drive is an essential tool for me in my business and personal life. I trust that everything I do is backed up and it makes it very easy to find what I need at any time from anywhere. I also don't have to bring my work laptop home with me because I can access my documents from my personal computer. This means I don't have to worry about forgetting my gear at home and being dead in the water at work. I also use drive to make company wide accessible folder for policies ,procedures, surveys, newsletters, etc so people can find what they need without having to print things out and waste paper and things can be updated instantly accross the whole company.

PROS

I can access all of my files where ever I am. I can easily sign in from any computer or phone, and since drive syncs with folders already existing on my devices, I don't need to move anything around or change my file set up to get it to back up appropriately. It had a decent amount of free space with it and makes it easy to change between accounts (personal and work) so I can find what I need. It syncs with a variety of other frequently used software, such as the rest of the google suite, slack etc. and has lots of options for sharing or hiding access to files.

CONS

I don't like that I can't have my files / folders sorted differently. The sorting method I choose gets applied to the entire contents of my drive, so I can't have my folders sorted alphabetically but the contents sorted by date simultaneously. I also struggle to find a way to organize the files and folders shared with me more appropriately. Mostly, everything is just dumped in one 'shared with me' section and it can be annoying to find something. I also wish i could customize notifications on a document by document basis (when others edit it) instead of a general 'notify me or not' for all documents.

Reason for choosing Google Drive

We were already using Gsuite for our email client, so Drive was a no brainer, as they functional together fairly seamlessly. We also recently upgraded our package so we could have unlimited drive storage, which is a huge bonus for us because we back up emails of terminated employees for their entire work history, and those files can get very large. Drive also allows us to keep these files private, and only share them with specific individuals and remove or add access easily.

Reasons for switching to Google Drive

The last time I used drop box, I had to download a separate program to sync all the folders I wanted backed up, or move everything TO the drop box folder, which would have messed up a lot of my other organizational systems. Drive had the ability for me to 'tag' a folder and it would just mirror a copy in the drive. Perfect! No additional cumbersome software running in the background. Drive also was more compatible with the google suite and gmail systems that we were using.

Isaac