What are MOVEit users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using MOVEit software through verified user reviews

• icon"Moveit Central - ease of use and powerful functionality. Moveit DMZ - secure and easy to setup/use."
  • icon"I like the integration options of the software. It allows fast deployment of new business processes."
  • icon"It's very easy to use and figure out. The UI is intuitive, it's flexible and has been able to anything I've tasked it with doing."
  • icon"The only issue we are running into is having to schedule regular runs in addition to watching for new files since the new file notification service on Windows often fails."
  • icon"There are sometimes delays in file transfer. User error can be cumbersome as there is very little mitigation."
  • icon"Naming of products can be confusing. Would like more built in options for what to before and after transfer without doing special setup."

Browse all MOVEit Reviews

• Have you used MOVEit and would like to share your experience with others?

Timothy

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Top notch products and company.

A consistent and dependable platform for worldclass managed file transfer.

Pros

I give Ipswitch and their products the highest marks in all categories. They are very strong and consistent in all area's and are what I like to call "the full meal deal".

Cons

The looming threat that they could go public someday and risk losing that personal touch we have become accomstomed with.

Matt

Moveit will 100% solve your needs

Pros

Moveit works really well at what it does. It runs quickly and efficiently and has a very nice task designer that has gotten better with time since we bought it.

Cons

Moveit Packages works well for what it is but I would like to see it done with less friction. Like I said, it works, but I would like to see the interface optimized to feel more modern.

Good start but a little lacking

Pros

Managed file transfer is something that can be difficult to do an even more difficult to do right. MOVEit is a good start and they offer 80 percent of any features that a company may need. The ability to finely control the flow of documents that are transmitted to us was the best feature.

Cons

They were not able to handle a very high volume of files being transferred. This was a deal breaker for us but they were good otherwise.

Response from Ipswitch

Thank you for the honest feedback back. I have passed this information on to our Product Management group.

Replied February 2019

Robert

Industry: Chemicals

February 2022

Swiss army knife of file transfer

We bought and installed MoveIT Central to do some quick internal and external file moving that our Unix team couldn't (wouldn't?) do. It wasn't expensive so it fit in the budget. Once we got it going, we quickly realized that it would do WAY more than we thought, and inside of about a year, we had EVERY other transfer script and workflow moved over to it, with full logging, security, and notifications (which we didn't have before). Then we purchased MoveIT DMZ (Transfer?) and we replaced all of our other FTP/SFTP functions as well. We even replaced our Ad-Hoc collaboration solutions with it.

Pros

The best part of this software is the fact that you can configure and put into production a secure file transfer in minutes, and you'll be able to do everything that's been requested. You'll spend more time telling everybody that it's done than the time you spent doing it.

Cons

I love the scripting feature, however I'd like to see the company include more pre-written scripts in the base software package. Until they do that, you'll likely be writing your own. It's not hard, but if you want that kind of capability, you'll need to learn how to do it.

Reasons for choosing MOVEit

Ease of use and cost are the biggest factors here. It's very easy to get people up and running with this product. And although it's easy to use, it's VERY configurable.

Irfanudeen

April 2022

Simply transfer your files under secure environment

I use Progress MOVEit in my both professional and personal space because of its reliablility, security, simple to use, and safety features. It helps me in trust-building with my customers, they were relax that their sensitive data like KYC documents transmits under secure environment.

Pros

Progress MOVEit is highly secure, so we can share sensitive business data. The deployment of the application is very simple and highly user-friendly. The mobile version supports in both android and ios platform, which really helps a lot in the handy access of files and transfers.

Cons

Need more installed scripts for the highly safe and secure file transmission. Need to improve the user interface in the mobile version.

Natalie

May 2022

Moveit

Overall I like it and it seems once you know how it works, it is pretty easy for people to navigate.

Pros

I like that it is secure and is easy to walk users through (usually)

Cons

We sometimes have difficulties with users resetting their passwords

Akshay

May 2022

My experience with Progress MOVEit

MOVEit was simple to set up, and their customer service gave all of the information we required. The solution has allowed us to eliminate all batch file-based moving activities across our organization.

Pros

MOVEit is relatively simple to use but at the same time, offers robust and extensive functionality. The majority of our file transfers and manipulation tasks are pre-programmed and run without the need for human intervention. It is a reliable product with few flaws. The drag-and-drop task builder in MOVEit allows the team to create a new assignment in minutes.

Cons

My team experienced some difficulties getting the program fully configured and simplified in several circumstances. It took considerable effort to work through the installation concerns.

Brandon

Simplify Your File Transfer Needs

We utilize a hosted SFTP solution, file transfer operations (both internal and external), and monitoring of those file transfer jobs through our MOVEit software collection. It has integrated with our business well and has reduced the time it takes to implement a new job.

Pros

The software provides an intuitive GUI interface for both administrators and users. It allows an organization to place some of the functionality back in the user's hands and provides and ease for external entities to exchange data and information for organizations.

Cons

There is not much I do not like about the software. Of course, there are cheaper alternatives, however in my experience they do not compare to the ease and customer support provided by the MOVEit platform.

Christophe

Good solution

We use it to move financial reports to outside parties. Saved countless hours and potential errors

Pros

Easy to use, intuitive GUI Works well API allows for custom app development if desired

Cons

Software/SSL certificate updates a bit complicated

Prive/benefit

Kenneth

April 2022

Pros

Used it at two different organizations and it has worked great at both

Cons

Can be cumbersome at times. because of this, it has been difficult to get organizational adoption.

Good product

Pros

Sending files securely and receiving files securely

Cons

Have not had any issues with the product

Jeff

December 2021

MOVEit does exactly what we need it to do.

We have been very pleased with MOVEit. It is relatively inexpensive and give us exactly what we need. Prior to MOVEit we had file transfer tasks housed on multiple servers around the organization and each one of these transfers was custom scripted. We've used MOVEit to centralize all file transfers to a central location that is managed by a team that is well versed in our data governance policies. This has allowed us to easily manage, monitor, and report what data is leaving our organization via file transfers. A secondary benefit of MOVEit is it's ease of use. Our MOVEit administrators can setup a new automated and scheduled task in a few minutes with no scripting needed. But when more complicated data manipulations are needed we also can easily incorporate a custom script into the MOVEit task. This ease of use is key to our small team managing 1500 file transfer tasks.

Pros

MOVEit is extremely simple to use but still offers robust and extensive functionality. We currently have about 1500 file transfer and/or manipulation tasks setup in MOVEit. Most of these are scheduled and run without human intervention. It is a stable product that rarely has issues. In the 5+ years we've owned it we've only had one instance where we needed a patch from support. MOVEit drag and drop task builder allows the team to setup a new task in a matter of minutes.

Cons

There's not much we don't like about MOVEit. But it would be nice to have a smoother transfer of tasks from a testing environment to production. We've also builtbri

Sean

Review of MoveIt Automation

The biggest benefit I have seen is the ability to give people control to do their work without having to install a program on their PC. By giving them access to the Web interface it make deployment to users easy.

Pros

The feature I like the most is the ability to have tasks start other tasks so that you can create processes that require little to no intervention.

Cons

The one thing I do not like is not having the ability to sort files when you browse them using MoveIt. Some times you need to find files for a specific date but because MoveIt sorts by name it make it hard to find files in large file repositories.

Reasons for switching to MOVEit

With WS_FTP Professional we had to use scripts to do tasks which made automating some tasks very difficult.

Oliver

MOVEit has completely gotten out of the way and allowed me to do what I need to do simply

File moving and SFTP. MOVEit is a simple solution for getting everything where it needs to be. I've used MOVEit Automation more and more as things have come up that I can use it for, which is a lot. We've grown into it being the first choice for much of our file automation that just needs to work and be a quick turnaround.

Pros

It's simple and powerful so it doesn't get in your way but allows you to affect what you are doing to a large degree. I'm was able to get this set up in all out environments within 1 month tested and functioning. I also like that MOVEit Automation has allowed us to continue creating tasks as we get more advanced with it.

Cons

Database views do not exist by default which would be helpful for reporting. Reporting in general could be given a feature upgrade. It does pull reports but it's not a simple process and the ability to tie into something like Power BI is not there. Even having several views setup in the database by default would make this quicker and easier to get setup for reporting. When something touches as many files as MOVEit Transfer and MOVEit Automation do you want to be able to report on metrics from it immediately

Donna

Progress MOVEit is one stop solution for file transfers

Enterprise consolidated file transfer mechanism.

Pros

MOVEit is easy to use and easy to train

Cons

File Activity Report displays host friendly name not true connection. If Friendlyname is not specific you dont know the true connection that is occuring.

Reasons for choosing MOVEit

MOVEit interface and ease of use / administration.

Erin

MOVEit system works great for sharing files securely

Uploading files is easy and efficient in MOVEit. It's secure, and it's simple in that uploading files for frequent, ongoing compliance monitoring is the only thing that I use it for. It makes my job easier and does exactly what I need it to do with no technical hassles.

Pros

My program undergoes different types of audits on a continuous basis for compliance monitoring. MOVEit is the system primarily used for submitting requested files. They send me a secure link, which takes me to my MOVEit account, and that is where I upload files and can send related messages. The alternative is sending files as attachments in encrypted emails. With MOVEit, I like that it's separate from my email, where I can log in whenever I need to, specifically to see what I've uploaded and when, rather than looking through my email where I have to wade through many other sent and received messages to find what I need. I also feel complete confidence that the confidential files I'm uploading are secure.

Cons

I'm unable to copy others in my organization (supervisors) that I would like to be able to include on audit submissions. But because I don't have this ability in MOVEit, I've developed other tools for saving/archiving the files I've submitted on MOVEit, which keeps a record of what's been submitted and when. If I were to leave my position, this keeps an audit record that my supervisor and potential future replacement could have access to even if they did not have access to my MOVEit account.

Garrett

Good but needs new look

Pros

Tons of functionality, security features are pretty good, logs and reports are nice, and it's usually easy to setup and upgrade. It can be run on premise which is great, and has features like an Outlook plugin that people like to use. Technical Support for the program has been great every time we need them, which is always over a mySQL database issue.

Cons

The user interface and functionality is lacking and we complain about it. It's older style, not HTML5 yet, and just looks outdated. Using java or flash plugins is horrible for users. The emails look outdated as well. Clients complain sometimes about how difficult it is to navigate and get their files. We have used this product for 6+ years without a major interface update, and it needs one.

Mike

Industry: Printing

MOVEit for workflow automation

MOVEit is at the center of all of our workflow. We move thousands of files every day using MOVEit without issue and this service handles all of it effortlessly. It is easy to administer and just works day in and day out.

Pros

This product is versatile and infinitely customizable. We have a variety of tasks set up that range from simple to extremely complex and this product can handle all of it without issue. We have thousands of tasks set up that with a vast majority running every few minutes and the server never bogs down

Judy

Move it for Precision Director

We did not have a choice in using this software, but again, once we got through the difficulty of setting up the platform, the product has been working great.

Pros

Once we got the software working correctly, it does the transition of files quickly and easily

Cons

When we were setting up the product to use for Precision's Director product, we had difficulty setting up the program because we did not have support from Precision and did not have support from the MoveIt team. Our IT rep basically had to figure out how to use the software and do troubleshooting on his own.

Reasons for choosing MOVEit

This was the only product Precision would use for moving files into their Director program

Darwin

Set it and forget it

This solution has helped us to centralize and streamline all of our data transport needs. The ability to log in to Office 365 Sharepoint and upload data to our cloud repository was a real game changer for easily and securely sharing real-time data with external sources.

Pros

Very intuitive to setup and use. Includes lots of choices for being notified if there is an issue so my team does not have to baby sit it.

Cons

The standard version of MoveIT that we purchased does not include the option to include a list of the files that were transferred in the email notification sent by the program. This has been our most requested feature from our end users, but it only comes with enterprise.

Magdy

Industry: Oil & Energy

February 2022

MOVEitDMZ

Easy to Administrate and use

Pros

Easy to Administrate and use Secure Transfer and user management Support Standard SSH/SFTP protocol Reasonable pricing

Cons

1- At Enterprise environment, to transfer a file from System A to System B, you have to transfer twice. 1a- From A to a holding storage 1b- From Holding storage to System B 2- It does not utilize the UDP for much faster file transfer, other software at the market utilize the UDP and can transfer the file security 10 times faster than the TCP SFTP protocol

Price and support legace protocols )TCP SSH/SGY{_

jason

Powerful tools!

Pros

MOVEit Automation from Progress is an excellent program. It's learning curve is moderate, but once you get the hang of it, the power at your fingertips is immense. We are able to retire a 20 year old batch scripting and email notification application to an easy to use GUI in Automation. GUI interface easy to set up notification added bonus for scheduling file level folder backups

Cons

lack of direction for overcoming the learning curve. (third party Youtube videos were hit and miss).

price

Reasons for switching to MOVEit

we needed easier to maintain software

Sameena

Great tool for getting the job done

It has been a great experience. we purchased support so we were able to get assistance with set up which was very helpful. then it is a set it and forget it solution.

Pros

This is a product that gets the job done. it has the security features that makes our Core Provider comfortable and is affordable enough for a company our size to implement. once it is in place and running - the software has not given us any trouble.

Cons

It takes a minute to figure out but once you do it is very user friendly so I cannot say there is anything i don't like about it.

Nicholas

Move-it Tranfser and Move-it Automation

Pros

Having used the software for many years now, we have become quite familiar with the product. Over the course of time, we have been able to use the Outlook Plugins and API to customize our process. With minimal assistance, the products have served us very well.

Cons

The only issues that we have had is with the logging/reporting. There have been some issues getting the information that we are looking for in the logging, but with a quick call to the support team, that was resolved with little pain.

Andre

Good product

Once it is set up, it is a solid product. We've been using it for years and have had minimal issues with it.

Pros

The fact that secure file transfer and secure e-mail is in the same product.

Cons

The support/troubleshooting could be a little better when issues are identified.

Reasons for choosing MOVEit

I wasn't with the credit union when it was initially set up but I did compare the secure e-mail feature against Mimecast. We opted to stay with MOVEit since both Secure File Transfer and Secure Email are grouped together.

MOVEit