All Smartsheet Reviews

Smartsheet User Review

Alessio

Furniture, 11-50 employees

Excellent workflow

PROS

Smartsheet excels with its user-friendly interface, combining spreadsheet familiarity with real-time collaboration. It supports various project management methods, integrates seamlessly with popular tools, and offers impressive automation features that I had never seen before. I find it an excellent software.

CONS

Smartsheet's advanced features have a learning curve, obviously and the cost may be prohibitive for smaller businesses. I can't say anything else negative.

Megan

Insurance, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2021

Critical in daily management

I absolutely love the software and the company. The system meets our needs and is flexible when we need to make adjustments. While the cost is fairly high to start up, annually it is worth the cost, as it streamlines our processes and allows us to be more efficient.

PROS

This is the tool we use every day, every hour, to track all of our enrollments and clients. Our team monitors enrollments and other CRM tools don't give us the flexibility to track multiple events and data points. It's Excel but on steroids with multiple functions and features. We're using it more and more every day for reporting up to our management team on progress for our client events.

CONS

I'm not so good at the formulaic side of things and making sheets talk to each other, or building a dashboard, is not an intuitive process. There are not step by step instructions or visuals which is something I need personally. It's a lot of trial and error in getting things set up. When I first started, it was very expensive to work with someone who helped build the infrastructure base and looking back there are many things I'd have done differently if I'd understood it a little better. A lot of the consultation time was wasted in trying to get the person to understand what we were trying to achieve.

Reasons for switching to Smartsheet

Excel is not robust enough to do what smartsheet does. We still use Excel daily but from a tracking perspective, we were crashing the software daily with the volume of work we had.

Grace

Retail, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed August 2023

Smartsheet is a fantastic resource for teamwork

Using Smartsheet, our team is able to centralize our paperwork, more accurately claim and monitor our work, improve our ability to interact with one another, and gain deeper insight into any lingering tasks.

PROS

The best part about using Smartsheets is that you can keep all of your information in one place, including notes, files, and contacts. The system is intuitive because it is laid out similarly to common spreadsheets but with additional features.

CONS

It's not simple to put in place. Only one person, in close collaboration with a SmartSheet expert, is responsible for initial setup and ongoing maintenance. It wouldn't be as useful to us without the assistance of a SmartSheet wizard available only to our internal staff.

Reasons for switching to Smartsheet

Smartsheets is used for internal and external communication and tracking by our entire team. In order to assess the current state of our projects and plan for future development, we regularly compare them to an initial baseline.

Samita

Construction, 201-500 employees

Construction Project Management at Par with Smartsheet

PROS

How it automates construction project management procedures is what I like most since I save a lot of time.

CONS

It was quite daunting to use some features during the initial setup.

Steven

Design, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Average user using time and expense tracking

PROS

Seems to have a lot of functionality. Ability to track a team's time is useful.

CONS

Some things are not as easy to use as I would like. Also, I have accidentally committed forms unintentionally.

Joe

Information Technology and Services, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed January 2024

Microsoft Project killer - tried and tested in large scale tech change projects

PROS

- incredibly intutive, no learning curve - excellent price - full featured (all the critical features of MS Project)

CONS

- project tracking roll up is convoluted

Reason for choosing Smartsheet

Smartsheet cloud first, no deployment cost, cheap licensing cost. Comparatively the only way MS project can be shared and publicly distributed is by using expensive 3rd party configurations.

Reasons for switching to Smartsheet

Needed cloud PM system with visibility and sharing functionality across teams

Kelly

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

All-inclusive project management software

I'm proud of the fact that I revamped several of the department's outmoded forms to make them accessible to everyone. Print runs were smaller and more people were talking in the paper.

PROS

When it comes to incorporating dependencies into a project plan, Smartsheet really shines. Plans for projects can be quickly converted into dashboards for straightforward, automatic reporting.

CONS

Smartsheet's gantt chart feature is useless. The gantt chart in this program is the most difficult one I've used to study. The grid layout makes it difficult for me to present my data, thus I usually have to export it to a different program.

Reasons for switching to Smartsheet

For a while now, I've been using smartsheet to complete my regular work duties at the organization. The software's clean adaptability to my staff is another plus. They've made it so that both the cardview and the sheets make it simple to see how things are coming along.

Kelsea

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

Reviewed October 2023

In terms of project management, Smartsheet is fantastic

Assignees and due dates have been set for all tasks in Smartsheet. No one gets confused about their roles or deadlines because everyone is on the same page.

PROS

The capability to see, filter, and modify tasks in real time within the same view, as well as assign new projects to individual team members, is a key feature of scheduling software.

CONS

There has to be refinement to the reporting aspect so that you can have a deeper understanding of resource allocation and project progress.

Reasons for switching to Smartsheet

Team members can track their tasks, get notifications when they're due, and make changes as needed. Each week, the department's leadership receives an email with a report detailing the progress of ongoing projects.

Sharon

Construction, 201-500 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Smart Way to Plan, Track & Manage Projects

PROS

Smartsheet has the most robust PM, TM, time & expense and kanban tools in the industry of PPM software.

CONS

It is so unfortunate that they haven’t yet incorporated offline access.

Julianna

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Smartsheet Review

PROS

I love that it a collaborative sheet. It is easy to keep track of on going projects and the status of the projects.

CONS

There is nothing that I dislike about smartsheets.

Humashankar

Computer Software, 10,000+ employees

Smartsheet Delivers

Highly recommend it to anyone looking to upgrade their project management game

PROS

Smartsheet has changed the way our team work together and manages projects. Its insightful interface and seamless integration with other tools have streamlined our workflow, making it easier to track progress and meet deadlines. The automated reporting and notification features have saved us countless hours and reduced errors. Plus, the mobile app allows us to stay connected and productive on-the-go – So it delivers things for us!!

CONS

Not a great finder of the dark side of the tool.

Nicolas

Financial Services, 201-500 employees

Improve real-time collaboration

Smartsheet has allowed me to streamline my workflows, improve collaboration with my team, and perform financial analysis more efficiently.

PROS

I like its ability to create and manage spreadsheets online has significantly improved my efficiency. Advanced features, such as formulas and pivot tables, allow me to analyze data faster and more accurately. In addition, the ability to collaborate in real time with my team has facilitated communication and coordination.

CONS

While Smartsheet is an excellent tool, it requires some learning time to take full advantage of all its functions and features.

bulungu

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Flexible project and team management tool

PROS

I like the flexibility that comes with the tool which makes it easy to handle multiple projects and collaborate with other team members,

CONS

The tool comes at a cost that is slightly higher than alternatives that does the same job

Adriano

Civic & Social Organization, 11-50 employees

No Issues With Smartsheet - It Has Been Very Effcetive

PROS

When it comes to handling task and projects, we trust Smartsheet and has been very effective.

CONS

It meets all needs. No issues to report about.

Taylor

Construction, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Smartsheets - The best way to create confidence in your customer!

Outstanding! Smartsheets is one of the best decisions my company has made in the software field in years. Our customers rave about the Reporting, Timelines, Gantt Charts to the point that if we stopped using it today, they may feel robbed of information and project transparency. Smartsheets is a game changer!

PROS

I love how easy it is to navigate, customize, and can be tailored to my needs across our company's platform. We use it on a daily basis, and we have found so many different ways it can be utilized.

CONS

I honestly haven't found anything that I don't like about it, it always comes through and works for what we need it to do.

Nedim

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Overview

We could solve and manage all our tasks and deploy thwm further.

PROS

We used it for a long time, scheduling tasks and to-do lists, creating sheets for project management such as job application management.

CONS

Overall nothing is missing, maybe integration with third-party apps was taking a bit time.

Reason for choosing Smartsheet

It was highly recommended by colleagues from other agencies.

Rick

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2019

Excellent alternative to traditional spreadsheets and project management tools and processes

We use it for all project implementations to manage collaboration with our clients - project plans, decision logs, issue logs, contact lists, action item lists, document sharing, etc. We also use it internally for similar activities. I even use it on my team for very efficient weekly status reporting. We even link it to JIRA for automatically syncing sheets and reports to that system for managing product releases and product support. We love it!!!

PROS

Very easy to learn and get users onboard quickly. Works much like Excel yet with much more document sharing functionality and the notifications service is most beneficial to us. Very cost efficient in that our clients don't need to purchase a license so we use this to collaborate with them for our project work.

CONS

Very little not to like. Advanced functionality we need to not alwasys there, however, Smartsheet comes out with new features a few times a year and they always very helpful. Biggest complaint is that we have not yet figured out how to provide users edit access to a group and yet limit certain sheets within that group to viewer only. Would also like to see more options for backups and restores.

Reason for choosing Smartsheet

We still use Sharepoint for some internal PMO functions but it is too slow. Smartsheet is much faster and more efficient for most of our processes

Ryan