What are Tresorit users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Tresorit software through verified user reviews

• icon"The user interfaces, version of the documents, encryption and the way it syncs in many devices,, just love this."
  • icon"Very smooth integration in computer and smartphone. The sync app works like a charm."
  • icon"Positive features are the end-to-end encryption and secure file sharing with my clients and knowing noone even on Tresor can access your files."
  • icon"Doesn't support macOS tagging system, so that when you sync files to another Mac it won't preserve same tags."
  • icon"The end result is a lot of frustration and a lot of time-wasting. Please do something about this."
  • icon"When a file is deleted from the company hard drive, it would be good if deleted files are kept on Tresorit so they can be recovered if deledted in error."

Browse all Tresorit Reviews

• Have you used Tresorit and would like to share your experience with others?

Marc

Tresorit by Marc Duke

Dana

Industry: Photography

I'll Be A Customer for Life

Overall, I'm very pleased with what Tresorit offers and I'll be a happy customer for a very long time.

Pros

The thing I like most about Tresorit is the seamless integration between my devices, both PC and Mac. It's been a smooth transition moving over from Dropbox. I also share a lot of private documents/images and Tresorit makes the process easy and secure. It's absolutely worth the higher price as compared to other cloud storage services.

Cons

I store a lot of images and the preview can take some time to appear in my finder. It almost seems as if it's having to download the file to my system before it lets me see what it is. It may be due to another reason, but it's a bit frustrating especially when I'm in a hurry.

Everything in one place

It is easy to install on Linux, Android and Windows and I use it on all three systems concurrently. It is fast and deals smoothly with any conflicts (which are rare). I mostly use it for personal files, some business-related and some purely personal, so rarely share documents with third parties, although this is possible and straightforward to achieve. It allows me to keep important documents and records in synch between devices, both at home and when travelling abroad. Naturally, it depends on reasonable internet connections, but I cannot think of any occasion when I have been unable to access a document of which I had need at the time. I use it every day and it provides everything I need in one place.

Pros

For me, its most useful feature is that I can deploy it seamlessly on various different platforms and operating systems with the added benefit of all data being encrypted on every device.

Cons

I run a small business and margins are tight. I mostly use open-source software that is either free or based on a contributive model. Tresorit is relatively expensive for my actual business needs but I can also use it to provide an excellent repository for personal files as well.

Reasons for choosing Tresorit

None of them offered the combination of encrypted storage and multi-platform availability for which I was looking.

Reasons for switching to Tresorit

Several years ago - probably 10-12 years.

Jens Olaf

Industry: Program Development

August 2022

Tresorit is a good choice for GDPR safe cloud backup

Hassle-free.

Pros

It's very easy to setup, can run in the background and just does what it should do: Encrypting and backing up your data in a safe place.

Cons

Compared to other solutions it is a bit more expensive.

Reasons for choosing Tresorit

I needed secure storage servers and an EU or Switzerland company.

Reasons for switching to Tresorit

SpiderOak ONE, the cloud backup solution I used before, was to complicated to maintain, and not transparent enough in it's inner workings.

Unstable on the Mac and problematic

Pros

Seems secure, at least that's the promise, besides the user interface OK (but nothing special, dropbox is much better). Used Tresorit for a few years and can't really find more advantages.

Cons

- The app freezes very often, sometimes it's so bad that it can even freeze the entire machine (Mac) - Recently I've maxed out my storage and now it freezes shortly after the app is launched - It won't sync files that contain special characters. So for example, if you have lots of links to websites saved as files (they often contain "|" and other special chars) then these files won't sync. Tresorit team knows about it and hasn't done anything to fix it over the years - It often doesn't create links to shared files when using the context menu - it's hit or miss Bottom line: not all files get synced and it's very unstable. I do not recommend Tresorit. Where do all the good reviews come from? Maybe Windows version is better?

August 2022

Secure, reliable and easy to use

It's hassle free. Support service is first class - only needed it a few times but great response and service. It's easy to use and doesn't compromise on security.

Pros

The software does what it promises. It's secure. You have total control over who has access to what and records to see it all too.

Cons

There isn't really anything I can think of from a negative on this software. Been using it for years - our whole organisation document system is on this system - it works.

better security and pricing

Reasons for switching to Tresorit

Box was getting more and more expensive and there was not the same assurances around security and encryption.

Wolfgang

Excellent product

Pros

The reliability and ease of use; the version control; the seamless sync function.

Cons

Well, pretty nothing appears to me to be 'liked least'.

Reasons for choosing Tresorit

Google Drive is cheaper, but only superficially. You have to pay in some way for their services. Obviously, this is accomplished by what you allow Google to do with your data. Tresorit is not interested in your data, so it is upfront a bit more expensive. But - and that is the second important thing - because Tresorit simply does what the customer is looking for and not how to make your data useful for them, you notice that Tresorit is made for you, not vice versa.

Reasons for switching to Tresorit

It's better not to host your data on your own hardware, because that can never be as secure as what Swiss Telecom has mounted in the Suisse Alps.

Jens

Get it.

Tresorit is the central storage point for all my business (and private) data, especially - source codes - accounting data and tax documents providing hassle-free - secure backups - automatic sync on different workstations - an easy means of providing download links for customers (for patches, demos etc) As an additional bonus (not the main reason for use), it is convenient to access copies of all important data from all over the world (copies of passport, id, insurance and tax documents...)

Pros

It is easy to use, highly performant, secure and very reliable. I am a heavy user for more than two years now and I did not experience a single critical malfunction.

Cons

Well, it does not feature time-travel... what can I say? There are no shortcomings I am aware of.

Reasons for choosing Tresorit

As mentioned before... it's a matter of trust.

Reasons for switching to Tresorit

Be careful whom you trust... I feel more comfortable to put my trust in a Swiss based company than in... well, others.

Shane

You Get What You Pay For… The Best Secure Storage

Overall it’s a 9.5/10. The 0.5 is for the issues I mentioned in the Cons but overall everything else is just so good I’ll be a customer for the foreseeable future if they can work on those issues, it would easily be a 10. They are absolutely the best secure cloud storage option available and 2nd place isn’t even anywhere close. In fact, perhaps laps behind.

Pros

Literally everything. After many years of using it, I can honestly say that everything about it is great. Any time I notice anything bothering me, they usually fix or add a new feature for it within the year. You can tell the staff is urgently updating and maintaining this software. There are flaws, but they’re so minor, I barely notice it in daily use. And I use it 10-15 times a day.

Cons

I also use it to store photos and videos, not just professionally. Sometimes when I am uploading photos and videos, it’ll glitch and duplicate, or freeze, or have issues finishing it and be stuck in an upload. When you close out, sometimes when you open it just resumes. Other times, it stopped and only some have uploaded. Then I have to delete what is uploaded and retry so I don’t have duplicates. I think the upload process could be much better. Also, on PC it works like optimal storages where I can open, edit, and if resumes syncing. However, on Mac, I don’t know if it’s an issue for me or for everyone, but after years and troubleshooting, it simply doesn’t sync or act like a drive in the computer itself. Therefore, to make edits, I have to download, edit, save, and upload again. This is a huge waste of time and I specifically only use my PC because of it. This support as an addition would be phenomenal, and is overdue.

Reasons for switching to Tresorit

I wanted secure storage and I tried them and it was horrible at syncing, uploading, and collaboration. Felt like a program from the 1990’s. Couldn’t believe how many websites have labeled them the best. Them and all other competition I actually have tried and had terrible experiences with all. Tresorit is the only one that works as smooth as Google but is as secure as pCloud.

Andy

A couple of years on Tresorit

The seamless synchronisation over a couple of workstations and tablets works great. Also the possibility of sending large files to customers in a secure way is usefull. However most of my customers have not heard of or are not using Tresorit.

Pros

The straight forward interface and the assurance files are properly synchronized. In pre-Covid times we used to be on customer sites world wide. And at that point it is vital having the most recent project files at hand.

Cons

The synchronisation with pictures taken on a phone. Sometimes they sync automatically , sometimes they need to be enticed to be synchronised. Not a big issue as not the main purpose of using Tresorit.

Reasons for choosing Tresorit

Tresorit offers a level of protection unmatched by others. The fact data is stored in Europe is a big plus. I resent the fact that a government may have access at all your data without consent of the owner. Our data. Nothing to hide though, but it is the principle. You give a finger, they take an arm. The fact that OneDrive tries to embed itself in your OS is a giveaway that it is not right.

Reasons for switching to Tresorit

The service at LiveDrive is not what was expected. Some features did not work properly. Synchronisation flaws. And most important , not really secure.

Alvaro

July 2022

Great software for cloud storage

Pros

Tresorit offers a great platform for storing documents in the cloud and allowing members from our team to access documents across the office, whether they are in office or working remotely. It is very easy to use and share with other. We have had no issues with security and we trust that our information is safe in the cloud.

Cons

It is not as popular as other cloud storage platforms and therefore sometimes we have issues integrating third party applications.

Reasons for switching to Tresorit

Tresorit was a cheaper solution for a nonprofit like ourselves. It also had a friendlier interphase.

Hubert

Tresorit - certainly recommended

Pros

I was looking for an easy to use, reliable solution for cloud storage and synchronisation across various devices; having experienced problems with other vendors I came across Tresorit and have not regretted the move ever since

Cons

there is not really anything I dislike or would improve; what I need it for is covered and fulfilled perfectly

Reasons for switching to Tresorit

twice I had troubles synchronizing across devices and lost some data; I am not a "dummy user" when it comes to that kind of technology, and this was simply a No-Go (or rather: let's stop using this product); with Tresorit everything has worked perfectly so far

Jacqueline

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

sehr einfache und sichere Cloud

Sicherung meiner gesamten beruflichen und privaten Dokumenten auf eine sehr einfache Art und Weise

Pros

Sicherheit, einfach zu Handhaben, eigene Struktur von Ordnern erstellen

Cons

keine Angaben, da alles Perfekt und easy zu benutzen

Reasons for switching to Tresorit

Sicherheit, Passwort nicht auf dem Server gespeichert sondern auf dem eigenen Gerät

Walter

Industry: Broadcast Media

June 2022

Replacing Synology Drive with Tresorit

Moving from Synology Drive to Tresorit for document synchronisation and photo backups was easy and straight forward. However, I've only realised later, how much I am missing a functionality such as Synology Photos (previously Moments) where I can organise and visualise my backed up photos and easily share albums with others. Here, I'd love seeing Tresorit coming up with a solution that let me retrieve the photos from my backup on an external / 3PP solution such as a CMS.

Pros

- Swiss based - End2End encryption - Reliable data synchronisation with good performance - Finder integration (MacOS) - Easy-to-use UI

Cons

- High price - No family subscription (2 persons) which makes it even more expensive - I'd love having the possibility to visualise and organise the photo backups in a neat Webbrowser based UI, such as eg Synology Photos - No APIs (at least not in the Professional Account) that would allow me to integrate the photos with an external, web-based solution (eg. a CMS)

Reasons for switching to Tresorit

I was using Synology Drive since it existed. The reason for changing is that my Synology NAS (RS1619xs+) was too much of an effort to administrate and also needed active cooling (A/C) which is cost intensive. Further, there were some Ransomware attacks with Synology in the past and I did not want to worry about managing security aspects on the NAS and firewalls any longer. Despite the high price, I've eventually selected Tresorit for the Pros points above.

Giuseppe

My Tresor experience trought year

Tresor is an important value of my business, the sharing are simply and fast, and secure too ++

Pros

Enrcyption and the features are very likely

Cons

Sharing of sub-folder can be better if was possibile like a tresor folder

Joseph

User friendliness & security combined

It's the best solution I've seen so far to encryption.

Pros

I can keep secure backup of all my files, access them as needed from whatever device I want, and share them via a variety of methods where I control and monitor who accesses what.

Cons

It's a little pricy (though I do think it's worth the cost).

Reasons for switching to Tresorit

SpiderOak was very awkward and slow to back up. Tresorit functions seemlessly behind the scenes.

Response from Tresorit

Thank you for your kind words Joseph, we always strive to provide the best experience. If you have any further insights or feature recommendations, please send us an email to support@tresorit.com Have a great day! Daniel

Replied April 2021

Sicherer Cloudspeicher

Pros

Die Ende-zu-Ende-Verschlüsselung ist die Grundveraussetzung, um sensible Daten in der Cloud zu speichern und mit mehreren Geräten zu synchronisieren.

Cons

Keine besonderen Nachteile festzustellen.

Reasons for switching to Tresorit

Die Ende-zu-Ende-Verschlüsselung ist unverzichtbar. Das Preis-Leistungs-Verhältnis ist bei Tresorit interessanter.

Martin

Industry: Writing and Editing

Not cheap but well worth of every penny

Security of my data coupled with the ease of access and user-friendly behavior of the program and the company behind it is the ultimately irresistible offer. Both for private user as well as for company of virtually any size.

Pros

Tresorite is a user-friendly cloud storage package with security at the very top level. When you do not want, you don't even have to know it is running in the background. Yet it becomes very powerful when one needs to recover the data - basically from any platform one chooses. But what is perhaps the most important is its security focus. It took me a while to put all my sensitive personal stuff in it but it's been very secure there since. It is very easy to use, very good customer support. But honestly - I did not need it that much over the years I have been using it. Can only recommend.

Cons

Nobody likes expensive solutions. But the higher subscription price of Tresorit is more than justified by the features the program offers.

Security

Austin

A high-quality file storage service that places your privacy and security first.

Pros

I love how Tresorit makes syncing and storing my files not only simple and easy to use (it's practically invisible as it integrates with your computers file system - just set it up and forget it), but primarily because I know that my files are safe since it uses end-to-end encryption as well as zero-knowledge security. It has all the security features you would expect and more, such as 2FA, and login notifications that will tell when and where if someone tries to access your account, and even the ability to see how many times your shared files have been downloaded. But what makes them really stand out against all the others is their use of client-side encryption, meaning that unlike their competitors, your files are encrypted before they're uploaded to the cloud - so no one, not even Tresorit themselves can see your files - because only you hold the key. Syncing across multiple devices works flawlessly, and file upload/download speed is very fast. Their support team is phenomenal, and they're always quick to respond and happy to help, and is some of the best customer support I've ever received. I've used and trusted Tresorit since their launch, and I highly recommend them.

Cons

One of the things that I've found to be a little tough is file deletion, as of now if you delete a file it's gone forever since it's synced among your devices (there is no trash folder/function). Although, I've been told that this is something that they're working on and am looking forward to being added in the future.

Dario

Excellent software, allows for piece of mind

Absolutely excellent experience. Going from hard drive manual back-up to this has helped a lot, allowing me to have my files saved automatically and accessible amywhere. I have never had problems with losing work, or not finding previous versions thanks to Tresorit's many tools. Also the perfect way to share files with friends and colleagues.

Pros

- Plenty of secure storage (with top-quality encryption) - Constant upload (saves your files whenever you update them), so you're sure not to lose anything - Good file recovery - Excellent for sharing large files (with both Tresorit users and non) and for sharing them securely (can require a password and such) - Extremely easy to use, with a clean user interface - Possibility to access files from mobile phone and other devices is very useful

Cons

Only thing I am missing as a Premium user is the "File Request" function (to receive large files securely from others) and possibly some more control on who sees the files you share.

Reasons for switching to Tresorit

With respect to Drive: much more storage, better encryption, automated back-up With respect to WD hard-drive: files accessible everywhere, no need to plug in the hard-drive.

Martin

Industry: Biotechnology

Tresorit Linux and Windows

Backing up my documents and sharing them amongst my different computer and sharing with a small team

Pros

I moved from dropbox because of end-to-end encryption so the end-to-end encryption is what I liked most. Having said that, the application interface is really easy to use and so is the web-based interface. Also, I needed to have something which works on linux since half my computers run linux.

Cons

The ability to be able to collaboratively edit microsoft word documents is a weakness.

Reasons for choosing Tresorit

Lack of end-to-end encryption.

Response from Tresorit

Dear Martin, Thank you for your kind words! Unfortunately, due to the encryption system, we'll most likely not be able to release collaborative editing in the near future. If you have any further feedback or feature requests, please send us a message to support@tresorit.com Take care and have a nice day! Regards, Daniel

Replied April 2021

Exceptionally Easy Integration and Use

We needed a cloud service that was very secure but easy to use. Tresorit checked both of those boxes.

Pros

I can easily access our entire organization's files from multiple devices. I love knowing that we are using the most secure cloud storage available. This has made our goal to "go paperless" that much more reassuring for me and my board of directors.

Cons

Can't think of any cons at this time, thanks.

Far superior security.

Reasons for switching to Tresorit

SharePoint required expensive third-party management to function properly. Tresorit is very simple to setup over multiple users and devises.

Jonathan

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Tresorit is in a league of its own.

Pros

Easy and powerful. Very secure. Search works. Can store anything I want. No weird one photo at a time like drop box. Super easy to share and control sharing unlike Gdrive.

Cons

I honestly can’t think of anything I don’t like about tresorit. I’ve been waiting for this solution for over a decade. They nailed it.

Reasons for switching to Tresorit

All other services are clunky and slow, and don’t offer the flexibility Tresorit does.

Response from Tresorit

Dear Jonathan, Thank you for your kind review! If you have any improvement ideas or feedback in the future, please don't hesitate to share them with us at support@tresorit.com Take care and have a nice day! Daniel

Replied May 2021

Christian

Fully content with this product

Very good. Have been using it on 2 workplaces, since we have 2 offices. As well from a laptop.

Pros

The most important part was, that it is encrypted on the way to the server as well as on the server itself, which is the only way to maintain security. That way even the server owner can not access the content. Being an accounting firm with detailed information about our customers we needed a safe and secure storage place. As we have 2 offices, I can use the data from the TRESORIT as a cloud on both maschines. As well when I am in my holidays I can access date on my laptop over the cloud. Additinally it gives me the security, that if any of my computers are bogged, broken, hacked or whatever, I always have the data available. It is a backup of all my important files.

Cons

When you access a file on another computer, then the one where your original data is stored on, there is always a little delay for the files to open.

Reasons for choosing Tresorit

Encryption of data transmission and on the server itself. Even the server owner has no access to my data.

Maurice

Industry: Music

Stable and secure cloud storage

Positive and happy with it!

Pros

Using the software since 2018 I like the positive evolution of the product. All added functionalities were well thought and useful

Cons

That some customers had problems using it and, as it seems, there might be bans in certain countries for encrypted file sharing...

Reasons for switching to Tresorit

The insane so called "security" policy from Sharefile... Forced to change passwords, passwords changed without notice etc. etc. After all those are MY data and I think I am grown up enough to judge what level of protection is useful for my data

Tresorit