All WeTransfer Reviews

Alexis

Hospital & Health Care, 2 - 10 employees

Used unspecified

Reviewed December 2023

WeTransfer Review: Simple Solution for large File Tranfers!

Angelo

Computer Games, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2020

The most simple and straight-forward file transfer service

I use WeTranfer on my day-to-day basis, and being a game developer I handle with lots of assets, builds, and large archives. WeTransfer has never failed me. It greatly improved my workflow being so intuitive and simple, sharing files with clients with a few clicks has never been so easy.

PROS

Seriously, it is a really simple and intuitive service. Just a few buttons focusing on what it's supposed to offer, and it delivers flawlessly. Even the ads they came up with an elegant solution that I've just realized until recently it were ads! Despite covering the whole screen, they use beautiful and artistic pictures and videos. Beyond that, there's no need to sign up, or leave any personal information, you just drop your files, hit "Transfer" and that's it. Of course, being able to do that have its limitations, like the 2GB file limit (which for the most people is not a real limitation) and some other specific features.

CONS

The only negative aspect I had to talk about was the file limit per day, but they have removed that! Now you can transfer limitlessly (you still have that 2GB file limit though).

Reasons for switching to WeTransfer

Dropbox was the big dog of file sharing/transfer service. Not anymore, at least for me. What made me switch to WeTransfer was the end of public folder feature. Of course, in its core Dropbox is different from WeTransfer, it tackles a different problem. But most people used Dropbox for the "simplicity" of sharing files. Well, the "simplicity's" definition has been updated by WeTransfer.

Ennio

Civil Engineering, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2024

We transfer an easy way to share

PROS

The facilty of use and the affidabilty of sharing files

CONS

It a little bit difficoult tho use with big data to sharr

Laura

Media Production, 51-200 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed June 2021

Limited Features for Free

Overall, I would rather use Dropbox or Google Drive for sending files, for the simple fact that the files are not automatically deleted from Dropbox or Google Drive after a certain amount of time. I would much rather be prompted to delete a file myself to clear off space on a host site or app than lose a file simply because 30 days have passed. This is a surefire way to lose something important that you forgot to back up.

PROS

WeTransfer is definitely user-friendly and easy to use, but only for very simple file transfers (2 GB or less). The user experience is pretty straightforward - upload a file, input the email address you want to appear as the sender of the file (usually your own, but can be any email address), and input the the email address or addresses you'd like the file to be sent to. It's a very quick way to send files if you're looking to do so at a moment's notice.

CONS

The least helpful feature of this software is that files that have been sent via WeTransfer expire after 30 days, and after that 30 days, the sent file(s) are no longer accessible, and can no longer be downloaded. This is an especially frustrating feature as an employee of a media company, who constantly needs to ensure that footage is not deleted or lost. For anyone who always needs a backup of a backup, I would not recommend using WeTransfer.

Tom

Photography, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2024

WeTransfer does it!

I've been using WeTransfer for over ten years and will continue to do so because it delivers what I want in a sharing app.

PROS

It's straightforward to use on desktop and mobile platforms.

CONS

Sometimes, clients do not understand how to use it.

Reason for choosing WeTransfer

Ease of use, cost, clarity. I'm glad there are desktop and mobile versions.

Reasons for switching to WeTransfer

Ease of use. I didn't have to keep creating links and separate emails.

ZhiMin

Arts and Crafts, 2-10 employees

Secure and efficient

What I don't like about the other online transfer service is that if you are not a paid customer, they will make you feel that the transfer is extremely slow. In a way that it makes you feel little. Wetransfer has very cool graphic and interface and obviously works well with artistic mind.

PROS

I have been using WeTransfer for a number of years and actually I recommend the others to use it. Now I like it even more after they add one extra step to put in the verification code, so it cut down the spam. Also, it will send you email to inform you if the other side download the file with detail information.

CONS

I wish they won't send a reminder that the download file is about to expire, it's confusing. At the beginning, I though the other side didn't download the file yet and it's going to expire. It's not necessary and create confusion.

Chiel

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

WeTransfer review

PROS

it is very good for file sharing to different organisations

CONS

Nothing, it works perfectly where it is deemed for

Ruth

Biotechnology, 201-500 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Easy and rapid file transfer

PROS

Ease of use Speed of the transfer Mobile access

CONS

Nothing not to like Maybe a minor issue is that the link is only valid for one week

Rick

Wholesale, 11-50 employees

Great website

PROS

It lets us transfer huge amounts of files to customers that are way to big to be emailed. It literally takes 2 min to complete the process, very easy to use even for the average user. If not for a website like this the customer would have to drive to us and grab a memory stick or vice versa. Saves so much time.

CONS

There is no cons to WeTransfer other then if you need to do more then 2gb of files I know of another website/company that lets you transfer 4gb for free.

Emily

Real Estate, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Easy Peasy!

PROS

I love the ease of use that WeTransfer provides when I need to share a file that’s too big to easily share otherwise.

CONS

I wish there was a larger file capacity, but understand the limitations.

Thomas

Online Media, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed May 2024

My go-to option for large files

PROS

I can’t always transfer files via email. For big files, Wetransfer does the job. It’s quick and fast.

CONS

Nothing to complain about. I’m happy with the product.

Fanuta

Accounting, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2024

The ease of file transferring I ever used

Best experience. For me, it's all I need.

PROS

Intuitive and easy to use. User-friendly, with a simple interface that makes navigation easy for me as a user.

CONS

Maybe the confirmation code... time-consuming for me.

Thato

Real Estate, 201-500 employees

Wetransfer

PROS

I am able to store and share large files

CONS

Nothing ,I found everything to be user friendly and easy to use

Tina

Construction, 11-50 employees

Life saver for clients

PROS

I work with clients of all ages, and when I have files that are too large to transfer in a PDF WeTransfer is a problem solver. I have never had a client have an issue accessing files and I love that there is a notification when files are about to expire.

CONS

None. Its been great to work with. I have never had an issue transferring a file.

Emiliano

Automotive, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Reviewed May 2024

You have to tranfer big files? Use WeTransfer!

PROS

WeTransfer permits to transfer big files

CONS

By my experience it's a good feature, I had no problems

Stéphanie

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Wetransfer

PROS

It's easy to use and really practical for sharing files with a link

CONS

Nothing, i just find advantages in this website.

Patricia

Entertainment, 201-500 employees

Reviewed May 2021

The only way to send files.

My overall experience with Wetransfer has been above average. We have tried to use similar platforms, but they just don't compare to the ease of using Wetransfer. We receive and send confidential auditions everyday and I feel secure using Wetransfer. My favorite feature is the detailed list of files you have sent and those that are still in need to be transferred. This feature helps keep me organized when we are downloading hundreds of auditions. I also love that he saves my previous send addresses. This makes sending files fast and accurate.

PROS

In my industry we receive and send large files all day. Knowing that your computer is safe from viruses is invaluable. The safety associated with Wetransfer.com is the biggest pro in my opinion.

CONS

What I like least about this product others love. I'm not a fan of the tracking of the file you send and the notifications when it hasn't been downloaded. I find this feature to not always be accurate and it causes me a lot of headaches in having to explain this to my actors.

Reason for choosing WeTransfer

The ease of use without having to install additional software was one reason. All my agents can use this easily was the second reason. Ease of use overall.

Corey

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2022

Best File Sharing I've Used

I primarily use the software to share large files with members outside of my organization. I particularly like how it keeps them out of my database. With cloud services I'm always concerned they will receive a permission unintentionally or longer than they should. It's really as simple as sending an email with WeTransfer.

PROS

The ease of use is immense. I used this very frequently for a tourism company where I shared videos and photos with guests from our trip. The platform is incredibly straightforward to upload and email, simple as that. It creates a ZIP file for you and sends the receiver a link where they can download your files. It is way more clear cut than sharing with Google Drive and easier to manage than Dropbox.

CONS

The free version does have an expiration on the link but it has never caused any issues. I primarily use the software for file sharing and it's other capabilities such as team collaboration don't get used by my organization.

Reason for choosing WeTransfer

WeTransfer is simpler. I still receive emails from old clients' Dropbox that just say, "Company A's Dropbox has been updated". With WeTransfer that cord is cut as soon as the client accesses the link.

Reasons for switching to WeTransfer

I was sharing lots of large files which once they were in the client's possession I had no need to store them anymore. With Google Drive/Dropbox I was concerned about deleting files that the clients were accessing but hosted on our network. With WeTransfer I store my files to my hard-drive and once I received notice from WeTransfer that the link was downloaded I could clean up my storage.

Nabila

Investment Management, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed May 2021

Best software i have use for transferring files and document

I really like that it is free to use this software and all the feature that are offered by this application is not shabby at all. They provide a premium feature and tolls with no cost at all. As a result, sending and receiving files and documents from my team mates is never a problem anymore.

PROS

WeTranfer is the simplest application than has help me transferring files, document or media like video and picture to other people. I do not need to create any account with them to start using this service, neither the recipient. They can start downloading the files that i has sent from the link i gave as soon as they get it.

CONS

The only cons that i dislike with this application is, the files that i am uploading has its expired date and only will be keep on the server no more than 7 days. If the downloading or uploading process is interrupted, there are no resume option and i need to start everything from the start which is very inconvenience.

Reasons for switching to WeTransfer

iCloud has a small size storage that can be use for free.

Gabriella

Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2022

Wetransfer: a simple tool to send files in seconds!

The benefits of working with wetransfer is the ability to send files in seconds, have an e-mail that confirmed your sending & an alert when the other person dowload the files. Intuitive, fast and easy.

PROS

Wetransfer is a site or app that is easy to use and super accessible from all kind of users. You can send any tipe of file (jpg, pdf, videos & much more) in seconds to multiple e-mail or accounts. The coolest feature is the verified download in real time when the other person has dowloaded your file.

CONS

I think the app is a great way to send any type of files and I don’t find anything that could be better. There are plenty of options for sending bigger files & anything is well explained.

Reasons for switching to WeTransfer

Dropbox for some users it’s a little bit “difficult” as a concept to understand. Before wetransfer I sent dropbox link and I didn’t know when the files were download or not causing a lot of space occupied by those files. With wetransfer I don’t occupy too much space and I have an actual confirm of the other person downloading the files I’m sending him/her.

Luke