• Pros

• "I love the ease of use on this product and I use it a lot! This is a great option to use for my multiple businesses. "

• "It is very easy to use. The fact that you just have to drag the files to the main screen makes it very user friendly. The design of the app over all is magnificent. "

• "SO easy to use!! I love that you know when someone has downloaded your files for accountability. I think it's a fabulous free product that I happily use to send large files. "

• Cons

• "The only con is that at times it can randomly take a lot longer than it should to upload files, but honestly its free so yea"

• "The only con is the file link to download is deleted after a few days from being sent. However, the downloaded copy is safe, so as long as it's downloaded in time it wouldn't cause issues."

• "The ads showing on all over the screen are very annoying sometimes. But it is ok for a free platform. By doing this they can generate revenue and provide free services."

Browse WeTransfer Reviews

Angelo from Influo Games

Industry: Computer Games

The most simple and straight-forward file transfer service

I use WeTranfer on my day-to-day basis, and being a game developer I handle with lots of assets, builds, and large archives. WeTransfer has never failed me. It greatly improved my workflow being so intuitive and simple, sharing files with clients with a few clicks has never been so easy.

Pros

Seriously, it is a really simple and intuitive service. Just a few buttons focusing on what it's supposed to offer, and it delivers flawlessly. Even the ads they came up with an elegant solution that I've just realized until recently it were ads! Despite covering the whole screen, they use beautiful and artistic pictures and videos. Beyond that, there's no need to sign up, or leave any personal information, you just drop your files, hit "Transfer" and that's it. Of course, being able to do that have its limitations, like the 2GB file limit (which for the most people is not a real limitation) and some other specific features.

Cons

The only negative aspect I had to talk about was the file limit per day, but they have removed that! Now you can transfer limitlessly (you still have that 2GB file limit though).

Tommy from Schneckenberger Films

I love WeTransfer!

WeTransfer has allowed me to solve the problem of sending and receiving large files without sacrificing quality or efficiency. This software has saved me lots of time and given my collaborators and clients a great experience which to me, is priceless!

Pros

What I love most about this software is its ease of use and convenience! As a professional photographer, film director, and editor, I'm constantly using large files and never want to compromise quality when needing to send or receive files online or via email. WeTransfer allows me to work with large files without sacrificing quality due to size constraints. Also, It's so easy to use and saves me so much time within my workflow. Professional emails and notifications upon sending, receiving, or downloading files is a great touch. In my opinion, WeTransfer is worth every penny for the premium plan​ and is very affordable for any user or business of any level. Highly recommend​!

Cons

The only constructive feedback I'd give for this software is giving the users the ability to upload folders for transfer instead of individual files and transfers to be smoother when running in the background. However, I've found very easy and practical solutions for both of these items. For multiple file upload, I simply group my desired files into a ".Zip" file and WeTransfer is able to work with those extremely well! As for the background downloads, sometimes i've ran into my transfers getting paused or stuck when my computer goes to sleep, so I simply leave music playing from my computer as this will keep my computer on, and I use transfer time as a great space for a break to walk away and refresh! :)

Reasons for Choosing WeTransfer

I had come across Wetransfer by referral from a friend who also was a photographer. It seemed to fit all my needs and especially my budget, so I didn't hesitate or take the time to look for alternative options, as WeTransfer was a ​perfect fit.

Brad from Design Dept.

The FTP Go-to

WeTransfer saved our bacon during the lockdown period. While working remotely, we didnt have access to our local file server so we relied heavily on WeTransfer to move file between the design team as well as to client.

Pros

I love the simplicity of WeTransfer, it is not overly complicated, just click and drag, add an email + message and boom your files are on their way. Another great thing is that the receiver isnt required to have an account to download, just simply click and download. The email updates also help us keep track of whether a client has downloaded the file or not. That feature has saved out bacon more than once.

Cons

The security is a problem. We have one client in particular that refuses to work with WeTransfer as they consider it to be insecure. I can understand it. while I love the simplicity of it, It can be a problem as well. So if anything, maybe they could introduce a security feature that tracks downloads, or locks them in a way so that only the intended reciepient can download it.

Stuart from The Visual Content Gang

Industry: Animation

Essential Data Transfer Software

I don’t think you can go wrong with WeTransfer, I would struggle to find someone in the creative industry who doesn’t use this on a day-to-day basis. I can’t go without it.

Pros

I love the simplicity of WeTransfer, there is absolutely nothing confusing about the interface. I would he surprised if some was confused by it. As a creative I personally also love the touch of featuring artists work fullscreen when you come to the page.

Cons

Only issues I sometimes have with WeTransfer can be uploads or downloads failing when I abruptly loose Internet connection. Some other softwares seem to be a bit more lenient with that window of time in reconnecting.

Dianne from InTouch24-7

The best file transfer solution

It is the best solution and I recommend it to all my clients. It is easy to use, friendly and secure and does exactly what you want it to do. The free version is sufficient for everything. I enjoy receiving files by WeTransfer also -it is quick and easy.

Pros

I recommend this to every client - it is easy to use, and does not require an account. It tracks when the files were downloaded. You don't have to continually "clean it out" and try to manage storage on your own computer or on the server. It doesn't install anything on your computer. I enjoy the little "tidbits" whenever you go to the website. It is so good, I feel guilty not buying the pro version!

Cons

I would like the little window to be a bit bigger - it can sometimes be difficult to see a longer message. But it does keep your message concise, which is probably a good thing.

Patricia from Boysen Agency

WeTransfer for Ease and Safety

My overall experience with WeTransfer is amazing. In my industry we send video auditions all day. WeTransfer makes it so simple to receive and send without risking my computer to receive viruses or spyware. It Makes it easy for my actors to upload large files and send them quickly.

Pros

The ease of use is exceptional. The ability to send large files so simply is amazing. The link feature is one of my favorite features. You can paste your link in an email and send it personally with your own details and not through the companies generic mail system, if you desire.

Cons

If I have to choose what I like least it would be the Wetransfer boards and the confusion my clients have with the boards at times. Sending a link from the boards doesn't always work the way intended.

Reasons for Choosing WeTransfer

It's just very easy to use and it is dependable. My actors know when it is downloaded and it reassures them we are working hard.

Katie from Atlas Copco

The Easiest Way to Transfer Files.

It's been a great platform for us. We needed a program where we could just get files from A to B without issue (and irregardless of file size). WeTransfer met all of our needs - even with the free version!

Pros

I work in Marketing and Communications, so our team is constantly transferring extremely large files back and forth to one another - files that are obviously too big to be transferred over email. Being able to transfer them virtually instantaneously is awesome, and it's so easy to do. Upload and click send and voila! Files sent. They're very easily received as well.

Cons

Not a fan of the 7 day expiration period for files. Wish it would be a longer time frame. I can't count the number of times I've needed to go back and reference a previous file and simply can't.

Aaron from First Free Church

Great tool for a quick share

I use WeTransfer mostly for audio projects and session files for ProTools or Logic. WeTransfer makes it super easy to share sessions and patches with one click. It’s also handy how the download expires if it’s time sensitive material. WeTransfer makes it possible for me to collaborate with music professionals all across the world.

Pros

I like how simple it is to use. Upload, enter your email, enter friends email. Boom, done. It’s that intuitive.

Cons

I think 2GB is a small of a ceiling to cap free use. Ran into some issues with sharing files, because of the limit. 3GB max would be stellar. Even the free Dropbox gives you more cloud storage than the free WeTransfer.

Nathaniel from BTC Bros

Best and Fastest Large File Transfer Service!

I use WeTransfer to send many video/audio files to clients mostly. However, it also comes in handy to send zip files securely. Still a great fast and effective way to securely transfer large files!

Pros

Free to use, can send to multiple recipients in one go, page cache (this has saved my message lots of times!), speedy, private.

Cons

Maybe a slightly higher limit than 2GB?! Also, the ability to use multiple 'from' addresses in the CC would be neat. The paid plan has so much more, but I have not used paid features in some time, as not really needed at this stage.

Reasons for Choosing WeTransfer

SendSpace is too slow, however practically the same on the free plan, but way slow. Drive won't let you share with external parties without the link becoming public. Dropbox needs a sign up.

Jamil from QSCEPTER LLC

WeTransfer for file distributing

I work and as well as study sometimes sharing large books or presentations was not easy with the flashcard. But WeTransfer made it easy and fast for us.

Pros

WeTransfer offers the safe and reliable file sharing platform for its users. With WeTransfer you can distribute more than 2GB sized files per month. It gives you the opportunity to send large design materials or any documents within a really short time. You can share the link that WeTransfer offers which will make it easy to share the files with large audiences.

Cons

Unfortunately, the free plan offers just 2gb limit per month. That would be the one thing I did not like in WeTransfer. And once my files could not be delivered and unfortunately, I did not find any customer service representative.

Reasons for Choosing WeTransfer

Because Dropbox was not easy to use. It took 30 min to find the link option with dropbox. Besides, the limit Dropbox offers is less than WeTranfer.

Asdrúbal Javier from FE Creative Agency

Wetranfer changed my way of transferring files!!!!!!

When I say that I change my way of transferring files I don't lie like when a medicine actually heals you but immediately, it was always the most cumbersome task to find easy and agile methods and when I discovered wetranfer I definitely felt comfortable, even when I speak in the Cons above section does not seem to me to be negative things if not ways to find new ways to develop the site, advice as a user that would be incredible will take the time to read

Pros

In principle I started using wetranfer because of my need to send files quickly and easily, the first thing I liked about this page was that there was no need to register to use it and I could use 2GB in my favor, I also liked the fact that I could send the file through a link or an email and that in this one I will be notified when the other person arrives and also what allowed me to keep track of my files, I also loved the innovative platform, sometimes it was not only to enter and send a file if every so often there was a work by some new artist and that generated curiosity to know it, apart from being a very practical page I like the concept it handles, from the clouds I think it is one of the most avant-garde platforms for I still use that. Definitely, these types of pages are excellent because they are not limited to entering and registering to be able to have access if it is not at the hand of those who need it, for me it is always important to be able to count on practicality

Cons

Over time I realized that I wanted to have an account, but it did not leave me if it was not premium what disappointed me a little, another thing that I did not like was that I tried to send the link to another person and that the access was totally public, there should be some kind of encryption to protect the files because it could be exposed to fishing.

Sébastien from Omnívoro

Simple yet Powerful Solution to Sharing Big Files That Matter

Overall, it is undoubtedly one of the best services of that kind that I have used over the years. In many cases, I find it even more convenient than a cloud storage solution because nothing is linked to one specific account and there is no need to garbage collect archives that are no longer in use. This can be a doubled-edge sword, but frankly one can just reupload files when needed or realize how much or how little interest the recipient has when getting an email confirmation when the files have been downloaded, which is obviously another great feature of WeTransfer. In work situations, this actually is wonderfully useful as the recipient can't fake that the information hasn't got through. It even works equally well for transferring encrypted archives that contain sensitive information and so we have given our trust to this service many, many times. I haven't personally needed to contact their customer support yet, but I have seen how well WeTransfer treat their customers and I have no doubt they will be there when the time comes.

Pros

WeTransfer is very easy to use, both for the sender and the recipient. In fact, no user needs to create an account to start with: it is just a matter of using the intuitive interface to upload one or more files and indicate an email for the files to be received. This comes in handy to send files that are too large to be attached in an email but that still need to be delivered to people who aren't necessarily tech-savvy. There is also a very useful feature available to generate a link instead of sending an email. It never failed on me during a transfer, nor when sending or receiving an email. It has consistently worked flawlessly and gives valid reasons to switch to a paid account, especially for the additional nice benefits it offers: you can transfer 20GB at once; store up to 100GB; files are kept for longer; you can password-protect files and you can even have your own personalized web address with a custom background wallpaper. Even with a free account, it never feels like a limited service: downloads and uploads are quick and reliable.

Cons

After sharing dozens and dozens of files with family, friends and colleagues, there is only one drawback with WeTransfer: most of the files uploaded, being sent through free accounts, will expire after 7 days. Most of the time, this is more than enough, but it can cause some troubles to have to reupload the exact same big files (or sometimes series of files) because the recipient haven't taken the time to download them. One great feature that could potentially save some bandwidth for everyone would be to have the ability to extend the expiration date a day or two before it is supposed to expire. As a workaround for now, it is indeed convenient to have a Premium account to avoid this pitfall. I almost exclusively use this service on a laptop, but I will admit that I did experience some troubles with the iPhone application: when transferring an archive that was too large to fit on the smartphone, it somehow hung up and there was no way to fix the issue through the app. Hopefully, it was possible to use a third-party application to manually find and deleted the partially downloaded archive to free up some space and give life back to the WeTransfer app.

I. Adrian from Tu zona deportiva ve

Industry: Graphic Design

Total excellence in video, image and file sharing software.

Wetransfer is a high-performance software that you should start using immediately. The benefits it offers are fabulous and very easy to use. This software will open your eyes to the way you send documents online.

Pros

I always tell my colleagues and supervisors, in my career as a photographer and editor there's a before and after since I've known this software. I say this because WeTransfer is a fascinating software that combines effectiveness in the delivery of videos, photographs and documents with quality service. One of the great benefits that I can mention from this software is that, as a result of my work, I have to send large photo packages to my bosses so that they can review the material and choose the photos they want, and Wetransfer allows me to send and receive large photo or video packages very easily and quickly, avoiding the limitations of e-mails, which was my most recurrent option when sending photographs or videos. Wetransfer allows you to send up to 2gb of information, enough to send the information I need.

Cons

In this section I will not comment, as I consider Wetransfer to be a software that revolutionized the way I sent the information I wanted, and all this very easily and quickly, I could not criticize a software like this, or at least, I have not found limitations or negative points to highlight in this review.

Over from T-Systems do Brasil

Excellent platform to send very heavy files

Thanks to WeTranfer I have been able to send large files by email to my coworkers. Nowadays there are many services to store files online, but the bad thing is that many times they want to take money from us when it is used frequently. On the other hand, with WeTranfer I have sent many files and it always works excellent and best of all, I do it for free.

Pros

Several years ago, sometimes I needed to send large files of up to 1GB to my coworkers and I didn't have a platform that met that goal. Until I discovered WeTransfer, from that moment it is one of my favorites to send large files. Something that I love is that it is not necessary for the person who receives the file to see advertising in order to download it, that is a great advantage. Also the fact that you can send files up to 2GB by email is excellent and it is not necessary for the person to register to download it. It is very easy to use WeTransfer, you do not need to search for tutorial videos to know how to use this wonderful platform.

Cons

I just think it has a disadvantage. The maximum time the platform gives me to download the file is 7 days, after that the file is automatically deleted. I would like the expiration time to be at least 14 days, so that many users who keep busy or have slow internet can download the document comfortably and without the worry that they have little time left to download it.

Maria from Indeed.com

Easy, Fast, and Free!

By using WeTransfer I've been able to transfer large files, such as HTML5 banners, Photoshop files, Gifs, images and others. It's seamless, easy and quick.

Pros

I absolutely love WeTransfer. I've used it for over 2 years, and it's so easy and quick. I love how simple the design is, when you access the homepage, you don't have to click anywhere, the uploader is right in front of your eyes and ready to use. It takes just a few steps to upload files and send them to your recipient. It's straightforward and clear. You can send various files at the same time. I've been using it to transfer big, and important files to clients, it's secure and it's free to use. I believe there is an upgraded version, more pro - but honestly you can just use the regular and free version and works just as excellent. The main page where you upload your files is so interactive and fun, the background changes every time. The Help Center is really detailed and informative - and you can easily contact support by submitting a request if you have a question, a claim or a comment. I recommend this software.

Cons

I'm not familiar how it works with a paid subscription, but I'm very happy with the free access. I wouldn't change anything.

Gonzalo from Freelance

An state of the art and powerful way to share big files

WeTransfer does what it promises, FileTransfer made simple, fast and affordable. A great asset for anyone that deals daily with big files and impatient clients.

Pros

WeTransfer made it impossibly easy and efficient to Transfer files. They focus and they excel, they don't really host your files, they transfer them. Your files, if on the free plan, have a 7-day lifespan. The receiver gets a link and you get to know when they downloaded it, simple and great. The interface is usable for no tech-savvy users (this is where many Cloud services fail because your client will need an account on the service, install a client, etc). In fact, neither you or your client need an account to transfer your files, you just need a link generated by the platform. The downloading and uploading speed is incredible, even in places with poorer connections. Gone are the days of USB sticks, trash on your Cloud accounts, emails or the client saying "I didn't get it" when they did. I often share heavy files like RAW files and .psd projects and this tool has proved wonders. Like a professional mediator between you and your client. "Here is his work, please download it". This company has also a great eye on design, proved by their beautiful backgrounds, super simple interface and now on the great stories featured on WePresent.

Cons

The mobile app can be buggy if you are dealing with a big file. This is not a problem but can happen, in a remote scenario, that you delete the mail with the link and your client does the same then the link is forever lost. It could be great to retrieve a log of the active links under my mail, for example, I could send an email to WeTransfer with a subject of "Log" and I will be replied with my current links (I understand the security issues involved). Many people seem to be a concern on how the company handles the privacy and security of the files shared, in the case of sharing highly-confidential files I would think it twice.

Divan from Artillery Design

We all love We Transfer

Very easy to use with great insight into local and global stories and brands that run in the background while your transfer is busy uploading and sending.

Pros

We Transfer is easy to use, keeps the receiver and sender up to date on everything that happens with the transfer and even reminds the receiver if he or she has not downloaded the files.

Cons

The transferred files have a link that is only valid for 7 days and the limit to transfer files is only 2GB. With competitors offering higher transfer quotas We Transfer will most likely be a second choice for users looking at sending files that are larger than 2GB

Reasons for Choosing WeTransfer

We transfer showcases local and international artists stories and has some great entries on their blog. You can read and entertain yourself while the upload is busy.

The best way to share files with clients, teammates and family

Overall, the experience was quite pleasing, their website is quite easy to use and is not clattered with buttons and ads.

Pros

Wetransfer was the perfect solution I've used to be able to share files, video or images with our client for review approval on the run. With a simple drag and drop the files are uploaded to the Wetransfer server, and we are able to either send them directly to the client or have the unique link to our files saved for future use. It is worth noting that we use both the premium and free. We use the premium to keep files we want to use in the future (beyond the 1 week limit). We use the free edition to share files with our clients or to send to other offices when we don't care if they expire beyond initial use. Our favorite use of Wetransfer, is to host files that we want to distribute in events or meetings and simply share the link with attendees and guests. Did I mention that they have a mobile app too? Quite useful when on you are on the move and need access to specific files, or need to receive videos for review.

Cons

Not much to be honest, we had an issue with the 100 gigabyte limit on premium, however just last week, Wetransfer increased the limit to 1 terabyte!

Ushoshi from Bengaluru FC

Perfect file sharing software

We transfer is extremely easy to access and has solved a lot of the problems that would arise regarding file sharing. It's got a reasonable limit on transfers and I use it on a daily basis sometimes more than 10 times in the day. Being able to have a link that can be easily circulated is a huge positive of this software. I would recommend this software to any one who has to share files regularly because the pros outweigh the cons in a significant way

Pros

It's perfect for the use i have. In my company we don't have a internal server, hence file sharing is difficult. We rely mostly on emails but that limits data sharing to 25 MD. Which when it comes to design is not much while transferring heavy software files. We transfer allows us to transfer these files, to each other and printers easily. It's also convenient to be able to transfer folders instead of individual files. Additionally 2GB is a good limit for data. And it can be used multiple times during the day. Love the way they feature artists and lists on their page so, you're occupied while you're waiting for your files to transfer.

Cons

Files only remain for 7 days. Some important files have to be resent again. It takes very long at times to transfer files. Inspite of the internet speed.

Andres from Banco Interamericano de Desarrollo

Industry: International Trade and Development

WeTransfer is an affordable platform to send and receive files in the cloud easily

I frequently use WeTransfer to share project and plan documents with my coworkers, which has allowed our email storage space not to become crowded. The biggest benefit is that you can send any file, regardless of its format, be it a photo, a video or compressed files. Also, sometimes I add passwords to confidential files, so that they cannot be downloaded by third parties.

Pros

WeTransfer is a simple and easy to use file transfer platform. I like it because it is a service that is based only on drag and drop. Another feature that I like is that I can share documents to different recipients simultaneously. On the other hand, I find it very useful that WeTransfer automatically deletes files after upload. In addition, the Pro version has a really affordable cost and adds functionalities such as the expiration date of file transfers.

Cons

Apparently, WeTransfer has drawbacks to batch loading files larger than 1 GB in size, because sometimes certain files stay 99% and I must repeat the loading process again. I have not had any other inconvenience with the service offered by this platform.

Sergio Rafael from PDVSA Petroleos de Venezuela S.A.

Industry: Law Practice

The best software on the market for sending files and images.

Pros

"A wonder of software", this is what comes to mind when I think of We Transfer. This software has greatly facilitated my job performance as it has facilitated the transfer of images, videos and documents to other recipients. I have a total of 2 gb of capacity to send information, this I use enough since the emails have a maximum sending capacity of up to 25 mb, and any document, video or photograph that exceeds 25 mb of storage capacity ends up being sent from the cloud, making the sending of information more tedious. With We Transfer I have overcome the capacity limitations for sending information and therefore I fully recommend it to all my colleagues and people.

Cons

While I have not had any security problems when using we transfer, if I could read on the Internet about the software and discovered that has security problems because the company has no protection from the arvhicos that are sent, exposing such information and at the hands of hackers and the general public who can access the information being transferred. It would be good if the company we transfer increases the level of security to use this software.

Zarrar from Institute of Business Management

An Excellent File Sharing Software!

My entire organization uses this software for sending files. I think this is a very user friendly free service offerred to customers. Being the Senior Tax Manager, I have to share many PDF Files containing hundreds of documents of size hundreds of MBs and I always use WeTransfer for this purpose. Presentations, Videos of conferences and many workshops videos kept for record keeping are shared via WeTransfer only. A must have software. Gone are the days of USBs and Hard Disks.

Pros

Everything! I absolutely love this software. File Sharing is made so easy via WeTransfer. WeTransfer does not require any registration or signing up to do. The free version allows us to send up to 2 GB worth of data free to any email address. The recepient receives a WeTransfer link which he can download with in 7 days. Along with this, when the recepient downloads the files I sent, I will get an email notification making the entire process very reliant and safe. The 2 GB allowed in the free version is enough to send majority of our large files including videos and complete photo albums

Cons

I have faced a few problems in the WeTransfer mobile application while attaching large files but other than that I don't have any issues with this software.

LINA MARIA from PDVSA-Intevep

An excellent solution for sending photos and videos in real time

A software that will change your way of thinking and see the transfer of files in real time. Therefore it is necessary that you acquire it and use it

Pros

We Transfer is a wonderful alternative for our daily activities at work. And this not only results in workers who are in the office, but in those who perform field research functions. I say this, because We Transfer has allowed us to optimize in an amazing way the sending of photographs and videos of the field investigations, being able to streamline the process of forming technical reports to be presented to the respective supervisors and area managers. We highlight these characteristics of We Transfer, because it has simply enhanced in an indescribable way all our functions associated with the research area, therefore I strongly recommend that you acquire this fabulous software.

Cons

Although we have read in different web forums that security is a problem with this software, we have been able to overcome this problem from time to time, and on the contrary, we welcome the use of this software in our management, recommending it energetically to the companies.

Peter from Illovo Sugar

Industry: Farming

Easy, Faster and very convenient way of sharing files online

I have used WeTransfer to send my Portfolio of Evidence to my Lecture. My portfolio was too big on any email and WeTransfer was the best available solution which I was so thankful to discover.

Pros

WeTransfter is an online based app for sharing files. It is to me the best way to share files especially on official communications. The very first advantage I would mention is the ease of use. The app is very easy to use. You don't need a special menu to teach you how to use it. The UI is smart, simple a straight forward. The second advantage is that you don't necessarily need to register to become a member or anything like that. You just login with any email address you normally use. It also not so selective on which browsers to use. It has worked on all the browsers I have used so far. I also like the fact that I don't have to install a specific app or an add-on my browser. This helps if your using someone's gadget and you don't have Admin rights. One would also appreciate the file size that is allowed per transfer. It is so unbelievable that you can send one file as big as 2gb or multiple files totaling to the same 2gb on a single transfer, and for free. If you need more, you can go for a paid version and send a ten times bigger (20gb) on a single transfer. The loading transfer is very fast and smart with a very high success rate. It works even when the window is minimised

Cons

The only challenge I think I can mention of is that if you'reuusing the free version, files are kept for a limited time (seven days to be specific) and later on they are deleted and you cannot recover them. However, you can always keep a backup before sending the files.

Edward from LeafreDigital

Send files easily.

It is very useful, since sometimes I have to send emergency files, then it is when I use WeTransfer and everything is faster, being honest is one of the best platforms to transfer files that I have tried, it helped me a lot, especially simplified my working life , and I hope they continue to improve and add new features.

Pros

WeTransfer is a very complete platform where it allows me to send large files with incredible ease, the sending speed is unsurpassed, its interface is stable and has a type of background advertising that can be edited with the plus version, the free version allows Sending files with a limit of 2 GB, although it sounds good, is the best option, but if you want to use the maximum of this platform, the Plus version is amazing, as it allows you to send up to 20 GB per file. It provides 100 GB of storage and can also protect files sent with a custom password and have many more features that are really good.

Cons

I have no problems with this platform, everything works correctly, but I would like them to add new functions, such as being able to verify if the sender receives the file and if I can download it correctly, that will help a lot, and also that it implements more advanced collaboration tools, since Even being the Plus version, it can't do anything but share files, and it doesn't seem fair, I hope they continue adding new features.

Wetransfer: One app solution for global transfer

If you want to share anything and anywhere without any size limit (up to 2gb for free users) just give a try to wetranfer. It will fulfil your requirements 100%.

Pros

It is simple tool for sharing purposes for any important files globally. It's a pretty simple tool and we don’t need to be close together because it is cloud basis sharing app. Just simple, tap and select specified file and upload it and create specific link for that particular file and share it over email or normal message, that’s it. The most loveable part of wetransfer is, still we can allow to use up to 2gb for free basis under 7-day restriction for keeping our files.Also, the customized mobile app helps us to use the service convenient and still we can use it through our mobile web browser if don’t have an app, it can access for anyone around the globe and receiver can receive the file even they don’t need wetranfer account for their self.

Cons

I heard that wetranfer have some security drawbacks and since that, I'm a little bit nerved to use wetranfer. Other than this, I don’t have any personal cons regarding this app.

Matthew from Fast Company

Industry: Publishing

WeTransfer the best software to transfer files easily

Thanks to WeTransfer, I can now send large files in a very simple way, without having to rely so much on emails.

Pros

I love this software, it helps me to send files that are very large to send by email, Wetransfer is a tool for sharing files easily and efficiently, you just need to add the email to whom you want to send the files, upload the file, you will add a message if you wish and that's it, the loading speed shows a very fast and precise speed, this tool also has a very good interface and I really like the image gallery that shows us on its website.

Cons

WeTransfer is the best software you can find to send large files, this tool offers everything that promises, very good operation, the only drawback I see is that WeTransfer is your security, I think the files sent by this software are available for any person can access them without any problem, something that limits a lot when sending more private files.

Dewey from Freelance, Self Employed

We Love WeTransfer!

A simple but very effective way to send larger files. We will continue to use WeTransfer as long as it is around!

Pros

Our company uses WeTransfer to send files that are too large for email, which is perfect for non-sensitive data (like videos). The free version lets you send files up to 2gb, which is perfect for most use cases. Link sharing makes it easy to share with people who don't want to be bothered with being invited to/accessing cloud storage accounts.

Cons

The 7 day expiration can get a little frustrating, as we often find ourselves re-uploading files that the client did not download in time. However, this can be circumvented with a premium account (which we have recently upgraded to), which allows files up to 20gb. We have also had a few issues with uploading through the mobile application.

Sharing Ideas and Executing Them With Ease!

Amazing. Like I said, it's an incredibly easy app to use. I work in a Communications department at a small college, and considering how much we do for other departments in the college, this app lets us finish those tasks swiftly and easily.

Pros

It's. Stupid. Easy. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to drag your files, type the recipients and your email (for the receipt of delivery), and send them to your team members. My team collaborators use Microsoft Outlook while I don't—I'm a contractor with no access to a company email—and Outlook has a size limit and strict virus tracker; it makes it difficult for me to send them completed designs and documents. WeTransfer, although their emails may go to a separate folder, helps me send said files with ease.

Cons

Nothing really. I was going to mention probably their size limit, but I don't use it enough nor deliver large enough files to suffice to subscribe to WeTransfer Plus.

The perfect option for transferring files to shortcuts

I have been using it almost since its inception and to date I have not encountered any observed problems with the use of this software

Pros

Accessibility and simplicity of the user interface certainly make it much easier to use than unlike similar platforms that require logging

Cons

Although there is little that can be bothered with this software one of the drawbacks is only 2gb for free users. Nowadays, fecin files often exceed 2gb

Fidel from Trend Marketing Digital

WeTransfer

It has made it easier for me to be able to send and receive files and heavy documents in my work area, editable files that, due to the program where they are carried out, are heavy, in addition to resolving me at different times when sharing a link with the sender, or simply keeping me awake If the file was downloaded by the person who needed it.

Pros

Possibly one of the applications that I use the most in my work environment, being able to share heavy files with coworkers and clients becomes really easy just by having to share a link. So far I have not had problems with the application and it facilitates and cuts distances and time when working.

Cons

Perhaps the only inconvenience that this has is the time that the files sent in the cloud remain, as well as the capacity or size limit of sending in the free version could upload a small percentage. Beyond that, the application has responded and it has been useful to me.

Kyle from Sunnyside Auto Group

WeTransfer Review

We've switched over to WeTransfer after having problems with Dropbox and Google Drive. Files were getting lost or not downloading properly. We solved that problem by using WeTransfer. This website provides everything we need to successfully send files to our clients, and be able to track them.

Pros

WeTransfer allows me to send files to clients with ease. The drag and drop system is seamless as well as the upload process. You can also get notified when your client has downloaded the file! That feature is so wonderful and allows me to not have to guess if someone has gotten my files yet.

Cons

People are not as familiar with this product, so they are often hesitant to download a file from the site. I assume as this website becomes bigger it will certainly become the norm.

Trina from Letra & Musica Producciones, C.A.

A software that revolutionized the way to send documents and images.

Pros

In our editorial line, the transfer of information quickly and efficiently is a factor that plays a large part in the processes of delivering products to our customers, revisions of the material for inclusion in texts, and in the quality control of them. Taking these characteristics into cents, We Transfer has been an inseparable ally, since it has allowed us to mobilize heavy files on the web in a simple way without having to pay expensive file sending services. In addition to this, We Transfer is very easy to use, you only need the documents, images or videos that you are going to send and a recipient email that is where the information will arrive. It is simply dazzling and amazing how this software has dramatically increased our operability and performance. It is certainly a vital ally in our editorial and we recommend it in unison

Cons

There is no need to criticize excellence. This metaphor is used when describing the performance of We Transfer. This is software that can not be absent from any business space, or independent. All that program that simplifies functions in the work will have my approval.

Marco from Scorebubble

Industry: Music

Never fails

We transfer is the perfect tool for transferring very large files quickly and hassle free. Differently from other companies cloud storage, We transfer works as a courier instead of a storage place. It takes your file, advises the recipient(s) it's available, makes several attempts for them to download and once it's delivered it gets DELIVERED. We transfer doesn't keep the file. Which avoids all the bull with buying more storage etc etc.

Pros

Really easy to use. It takes care of all communications - Advises the sender when is available to be downloaded by the recipient, it advises the recipient when its available. Advises the sender when it's been downloaded by the recipient, etc

Cons

Nothing. It's just perfect. Never let me down.

Silvana from Pixel & Dot

The fastest way to send and receive files is WeTransfer

WeTransfer has allowed me to send and receive large files in a fast and secure way. Sometimes I have to send some designs to clients and this platform allows me to make them available for download for a period of time. The best thing is that I don't even have to log into the platform to share a file.

Pros

WeTransfer is the simplest file transfer platform I've ever used. It is a reliable service, which is based on dragging and dropping files in the browser. The most important thing is that it allows me to send and receive large files. Also, it can be used for free. I also like that it is not necessary to log in to the platform in order to upload files.

Cons

I have never presented inconveniences with WeTransfer. It is absolutely a stable and fast platform. It is very useful to me in my work, when it comes to sharing files with my coworkers.

Perfect for what it is

I much prefer using WeTransfer over attaching a big file to an email and then having Google Drive attach it as a link that the person may or may not be able to open. Great for film festivals!

Pros

It's a super secure, very simple way to send large files. Gmail and Google Drive can be so confusing with that stuff. WeTransfer just does one thing, and it does it well. Drive has all these weird permissions that are so awkward to change, so often you send someone a file and they can't even open it, and you don't really know why.

Cons

The interface is kind of funky. The first time I received a file, even as a young somewhat techy person, I was confused why there were other things going on on the page. But I figured it out and now I think it's easy.

Easy, straightforward, file transfer system

Overall, if you're someone who needs to send files fast and easy, WeTransfer is right for you.

Pros

WeTransfer does a great job in doing one thing really well... they make file transfers easy, intuitive, and affordable. I was able to customize the appearance of our links and the background of the file pages with all of our company branding so it looks the most professional.

Cons

The only con I can think of is the fact that it only does one thing... because alternatives like Google Drive, do so much more, it's easy for people to think they should just go with the bigger company.

Emily from Prodapt

WeTransfer is the fastest option to send large files. Only email is required to send files

We are regularly using WeTransfer at the company I work for, so that we can easily share files, due to insufficient storage space provided by our email provider. The best thing is that it is not necessary to register on the WeTransfer platform, you only need to add the email address.

Pros

WeTransfer is an extremely simple and fast platform. The process to send the files is very simple, where you just have to add the email of who you want to send the files to. I find it very important that the files are only temporarily available. Also, the professional version has great storage capacity and good prices.

Cons

I would like an option to be implemented where the user could choose the estimated time that the file will remain on the platform, taking into account that the maximum is a few hours.

Kaitlin from Actors Arsenal

WeTransfer is a life saver!

We use WeTransfer for video auditions on a daily basis; I also use WeTransfer for designs and large PDF and Adobe files. I don't know how I ever worked without it.

Pros

WeTransfer is a hassle-free way to send large files to clients/friends/family without having to deal with Dropbox, Google Drive, or other online servers. It also notifies you when your files have been delivered, AND when they've been downloaded...so you can send follow-up emails to people if file downloads are time-sensitive.

Cons

If you only have the free version, you can only upload up to 2GB worth of files, and you can only email to 3 email addresses at a time; that being said, 2 GB is still pretty sizable, and you can always send as many wetransfers as possible. I do wish that that the files were available for an unlimited amount of time, but they do allow for 30 days for download, so it's still a good amount of time to download the files.

Simon from CMM

Filesharing made easy

Pros

WeTransfer is just fantastic. The actual functionality is super straight-forward and effortless. In addition to that, the presentation of the upload page and the often artistically oriented content presented on the site is really wonderful and gives off the impression that this is a company that loves what it does, does it well, and respects their customers.

Cons

With big uploads, it can be easy to lose track of when the upload is done. It would be nice to have an in-browser notification option, similar to what Gmail has, for example.

Easiest way to transfer huge files

I really like WeTransfer. It is quick and convenient for us here at the studio to send files to clients and within the team. We alsways use the service and it is well integrated in our team's workflow.

Pros

The service is simple and easy to use: just upload your file and send! I like that you can use a link so it is convenient to share via slack or other messaging platforms. The files size limit for a free user is more than enough to cover one's needs; you can also transfer multiple files in one link.

Cons

One thing that doesn't help me personally is that there is a short barrier to use the app via Pop-up where it prompts you to use free or paid version. But at the same time it is just a quick "next click" and then you're off to send your files.

Isabel from Isadora Accesorios

Send heavy files for a single site, easy and without many complications

Easy to send heavy files for your personal or professional use.

Pros

I like that you can send files of all kinds (PDF, JPG, AI, PSD) and it loads moderately fast, and does not put the internet lentro to continue working on your things. That the file reaches your mail, is great, and that it notifies you when the person receives it. It is easy to download. If you use the free one, you have up to 2GB of files, if it is premium you have up to 20GB, I think the premium is for people like designers and people who need this means to send files that do not fit in a normal mail.

Cons

The files have expiration, if you have more than one month the file is deleted. It does not notify you if the email is wrong.

Jem from Journo Resources

Good way to send really bulky files without taking up drive space - but does run out quick on free

Overall, this is great solution when needing to send bulky files to clients without having to take up space on your own servers or permanently. It's a respected and easy solution to clunky email systems, which for some reason still aren't able to deal with big files! Especially as someone in media, I would recommend this.

Pros

I use Google Drive for most of my storage on a back-up, but only on the free plan, so have a limit of 15 GB, so this is a good option for sending bulky files, especially when you don't want to keep them (for a draft edit, for example). It's easy to use, intuitive, and rarely ends up in spam folders. I'm also quite a big fan of the offbeat stories they also commission as part of their editorial, if you'd like to get sucked in a work break!

Cons

When you're on the receiving end of someone who doesn't have the pro version, seven days (how long they'll hold the file for for free) really can fly by, and all of a sudden you've not got the files you really pushed for getting and need to receive them again! It would be good to get a reminder, if this function were possible.

Joana from Lobosonda - Madeira Whalewatching

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Wonderful to transfer all kinds of files

Pros

I love that it is perfectly easy to use, uncomplicated and that you can transfer a large amount of files. It also reminds you before the files will be deleted, so that you can manage when to download the files. Overall it is a great tool for people who transfer a lot of files.

Cons

Maybe the files could be deleted a little later then 1 week, although for me personally 1 week is enough and with the remainders you can manage it pretty well.

gladys from Freelance

Industry: Architecture & Planning

The best way to send heavy documents via web!

Perfect to send heavy documents, easy to upload and very easy to send.

Pros

Sending big Presentations, Videos, Photos and more, to my loved ones all in just a link or email where they can click this link and download the information. I just made a really heavy video for my boyfriend´s birthday and send it to all his family to, and I didn´t have to change my video to a lower quality.

Cons

It´s free up to 2GB, I have to pay more if I want to send more information.

Ori from Kagan Productions

Industry: Online Media

Can't live without

Pros

I seriously can't remember how I managed to work before I discovered Wetransfer. The ease of sending files to clients really changed everything regarding sending/receiving footage, sending rough cuts, and of course final delivery. This process use to take ages, but thanks to WeTransfer its simple as the click of a button. The best thing about it is the fact that it's so simple, anyone could easily use it to send and receive files (and some clients unfortunately very technologically challenged). I really don't know what I would've done without it.

Cons

I think the 2GB limit for the free version is fair, but it could be better (3GB would've been nice)

José Luis from Terrabella

Industry: Building Materials

EASIEST way to share files!

I used to share files with our rolling machines suppliers in the other side of the world, easy process and great service!

Pros

I loved the fact that you did not "wasted" your space your Dropbox or Drive accounts to share temporary files. You just upload your files to Wetransfer, share the link with your peers and they have a couple of days to download the files before they are deleted (free trial).

Cons

Nothing! I have used the free trial forever and I love it!!

Edward from Grey Group

Transferring files has never been so easy.

Very good experience, during the time that I have been using it, it has given me good benefits, since sending files before was very difficult for me, now that I use WeTransfer I have no problem.

Pros

I really like the way it sends the files, its intuitive and flexible interface, I love using WeTransfer, because it is very easy to use and cannot be purchased with other platforms, I can send files with a maximum of 2 GB and the paid version It allows 20 GB and access to other types of functions, such as storage of up to 100 GB, when I use this platform I feel that my files are safe, the sender received a link provided by WeTransfer to be able to download it correctly.

Cons

This platform is somewhat limited, 2 GB for a new and demanding user is not enough, then they will feel obliged to pay, but when they see the prices, they will not want to acquire the Plus version, since its price is greatly exaggerated by such a basic platform , you should lower your price a bit to make it more accessible and more known.

Stu from Stu's Show.Com

One of The Best Online File Transfer Services

This is an EXCELLENT service and well worth signing up to use. Opening a paid account virtually gives you unlimited space, which is great for those who send large video and other media files.

Pros

This is THE PLACE to go to upload your large files and make them available to clients and friends. You don't even have to have an account with them to use the service (but a free account with them saves you the time of inputting your e-mail address each time you send a file, and also keeps track of past file history).

Cons

The only con I have...and this is VERY minor...is that once you upload a file, you have to wait for your confirmation e-mail to get the actual download link of what you uploaded. The e-mail arrives within a few minutes, so it's not a real issue, but it would be nice to have the web page display your download link after it confirms the link has been sent to your recipient.

Reasons for Choosing WeTransfer

For its ease of use and for the large file size limit - nine times out of ten their 2 gb maximum is more than enough for free account usage.

Eduardo from VonKelemen

Successful transfer

It has been a satisfying experience. It fulfills its operation and also exceeds my expectations with a very good service. To be more specific, it has helped me to be more productive and not waste time uploading files or downloading files.

Pros

Wetransfer works flawlessly when transferring from large to small files. It has an excellent data transfer rate and presents almost no errors when using it. It is easy to use, very intuitive and notifies the receiver that the file is ready to download. Does not waste space in other clouds to save files temporarily

Cons

Maybe more than a cons is a wish. Well, the 100gb limit may become short with the imminent need to send larger and larger files. I hope that this limit may increase over time. Using the app, I have noticed a couple of problems when uploading large files, however, insisting the problem stops appearing.

Reasons for Choosing WeTransfer

After researching reviews on the web

Displaying 1 - 50 of 1,028 reviews