(1,050)

1,050

• Pros

• "I love the ease of use on this product and I use it a lot! This is a great option to use for my multiple businesses. "

• "It is very easy to use. The fact that you just have to drag the files to the main screen makes it very user friendly. The design of the app over all is magnificent. "

• "SO easy to use!! I love that you know when someone has downloaded your files for accountability. I think it's a fabulous free product that I happily use to send large files. "

• Cons

• "The only con is that at times it can randomly take a lot longer than it should to upload files, but honestly its free so yea"

• "The only con is the file link to download is deleted after a few days from being sent. However, the downloaded copy is safe, so as long as it's downloaded in time it wouldn't cause issues."

• "In some cases, the download speeds might be slow and limited. But it happens rarely, so it's not a big complaint."

Browse WeTransfer Reviews

Angelo from Influo Games

Industry: Computer Games

The most simple and straight-forward file transfer service

I use WeTranfer on my day-to-day basis, and being a game developer I handle with lots of assets, builds, and large archives. WeTransfer has never failed me. It greatly improved my workflow being so intuitive and simple, sharing files with clients with a few clicks has never been so easy.

Pros

Seriously, it is a really simple and intuitive service. Just a few buttons focusing on what it's supposed to offer, and it delivers flawlessly. Even the ads they came up with an elegant solution that I've just realized until recently it were ads! Despite covering the whole screen, they use beautiful and artistic pictures and videos. Beyond that, there's no need to sign up, or leave any personal information, you just drop your files, hit "Transfer" and that's it. Of course, being able to do that have its limitations, like the 2GB file limit (which for the most people is not a real limitation) and some other specific features.

Cons

The only negative aspect I had to talk about was the file limit per day, but they have removed that! Now you can transfer limitlessly (you still have that 2GB file limit though).

Reasons for Switching to WeTransfer

Dropbox was the big dog of file sharing/transfer service. Not anymore, at least for me. What made me switch to WeTransfer was the end of public folder feature. Of course, in its core Dropbox is different from WeTransfer, it tackles a different problem. But most people used Dropbox for the "simplicity" of sharing files. Well, the "simplicity's" definition has been updated by WeTransfer.

Evelyn from La Excepcion

Best option for easy file transfer

I have been using We Transfer for a very long time, it is easy to use and friendly, I like that there is no need to make any installation and is easy to access.

Pros

I really enjoy the ease of use of this software, it is very easy to send files even to clients that do not understand a lot about technology or files organization. I enjoy its free version because that way I can also ask clients and colleagues to send back files to me if they do not have a paid account.

Cons

Recently We transfer added an option that sends a code to verify your identity before sending the files, this is taking me extra time or sometimes it takes longer to receive the code. Other than that the software is great.

Reasons for Switching to WeTransfer

I like that we transfer has no need to log in or download an app.

Stuart from The Visual Content Gang

Industry: Animation

Essential Data Transfer Software

I don’t think you can go wrong with WeTransfer, I would struggle to find someone in the creative industry who doesn’t use this on a day-to-day basis. I can’t go without it.

Pros

I love the simplicity of WeTransfer, there is absolutely nothing confusing about the interface. I would he surprised if some was confused by it. As a creative I personally also love the touch of featuring artists work fullscreen when you come to the page.

Cons

Only issues I sometimes have with WeTransfer can be uploads or downloads failing when I abruptly loose Internet connection. Some other softwares seem to be a bit more lenient with that window of time in reconnecting.

Perfect for occasional sending of very large files

I am using WeTransfer to send large files (such as videos or SCORM packages) to people outside of my organization, who don't have or need access to our Google Drive. WeTransfer is a faster and simpler way to send those kinds of files when the need arises.

Pros

I enjoy being able to use WeTransfer for the infrequent times that I need to send someone outside my organization a very large file. I don't need to keep up with yet another account, like with DropBox - I can simply create the WeTransfer, send it to the person who needs it, and continue on with my life. It's simple, easy, and hassle-free. And it has cool visuals to look at while you're waiting for the transfer to process, if you have nothing better to do!

Cons

There is a limit to the size each transfer can be in the free version, even if you don't use the tool very frequently. It would be nice if they would let you send a single file of unlimited size, up to twice a year or something. I wouldn't want to pay for something I don't use very often.

Reasons for Switching to WeTransfer

We didn't use Dropbox often enough to justify the cost, so our account was just sitting there idle with lots of data taking up space. WeTransfer helps us handle the more infrequent large transfers that we need to send to clients, etc.

Robert from Revolver Visual Design LLC

Industry: Graphic Design

Easiest large file transfer service available!

Serval of my corporate clients prefer WeTransfer over the other file transfer services like DropBox or Google Drive. I have never had any issues downloading files because of permission settings or long downloads.

Pros

Unlike other large file transfer services, WeTransfer's links are direct download that generally only make you access you screen and you're ready to download. By far the easiest way I've been able to transfer and receive files from clients.

Cons

WeTransfer works just the way it should. There is really no downside to this service. I can honestly say that in my experience with it that if any features were added, it would only bloat the service in unnecessary ways.

Reasons for Switching to WeTransfer

DropBox's marketing emails, service maintenance reminders and permission settings made it more of a hassle to use than WeTransfer.

Alexa from The Northwest Group

Industry: Textiles

Great Transfer Tool

Easy to send files within our company and to outside vendors including large images and files that you can't email.

Pros

Able to send large files and images at any time and unrestricted. Sends files quickly and I love how they disappear over a certain amount of time just in case they are outdated files. Can send to anyone and everyone which is great. Also, the link can be opened more than once

Cons

File links disappear after a certain amount of time, so if you still need what's in the link, you may have to resend it.

Reasons for Switching to WeTransfer

Dropbox can be limited in space before you can send large files

Eugenie from Eugenie Robitaille

Industry: Graphic Design

User friendly for both sender and receiver of files

Wetransfer works great, really easy to use and very user friendly for both you sending files and for the person receiving your files.

Pros

I used to use sendthisfile before wetransfer, but I find wetransfer is much more user friendly. I only use the free version.

Cons

With the Free version you can send only 2gb with every transfer. In their defence it’s 2gb everywhere else but now a days with large pictures and videos. With the free version the files are stored for only one week, on a good side, you get an email explaining that the files will be available until a specific date, with this information, you can contact the person to let them know that the files will not be available on a specific date. For me since, I don’t send files often, I find the price to be high for the Pro version. 120$ per year.

Reasons for Switching to WeTransfer

easier to use for both the sender and the receiver of files

Emil from BakuCard

Easily transfer your file via WeTransfer

The overall experience of using WeTransfer in my experience is very positive.

Pros

Wetransfer is the great tool to share your files online. The best thing about it is getting a confirmation e-mail when the receiver downloads your files which is very convenient.

Cons

The least favourite thing about Wetransfer is the limit of size in transfer: only 2 GB which is sometimes not enough. It could be a bit higher for free users.

Reasons for Switching to WeTransfer

WeTransfer is easier to maintain and transfer.

Marco from 4wardPRO

The simplest solution to share big files

If you need to transfer big files using a free and simple service whitout registering, WeTransfer is the best solution available in the market.

Pros

It's free, quick and easy to use. You just have to attach the file, enter your email address, the recipient email address, add a short message and that's all.

Cons

There are some limits for the free version: the link to download the files is valid only for 7 days and the max capacity is 2 GB.

Reasons for Switching to WeTransfer

WeTrasnfer is free and it doesn't require any account.

A different way to send files

I will definitely keep using it for fittable files.

Pros

I really like how unique the platform is, it is way different from any other media of its fields. You can also use it without an account.

Cons

It was a little confusing when I was a new user, and also the size of the files you send is limited if you don't have WeTransfer Pro.

Reasons for Switching to WeTransfer

They have different and better features, as the option to chose other media to send the files or the expiration date.

Ben from Zaremba Management Company

Easily Send Large Files Without Signing Up

Overall, WeTransfer has been a useful tool to allow for quick and easy large file transfers for our marketing department. Typically, when working with vendors, we are required to send lots of content that are of large file sizes, so WeTransfer allows us to meet that need in a cost effective way. With a free account, we are able to send up to 2GB of files via email link and get many notifications throughout the process to manage and track the file share. Overall, we love WeTransfer as an awesome supplement to the Dropbox business account we already have.

Pros

The best part of WeTransfer is the ability to send up to 2GB of files for FREE, which satisfies 99.99% of the file transfers our marketing team performs at any given time. It is great to be able to send secure email links to download the files we've included and be able to see when those files have been downloaded by the receiver. WeTransfer automatically cancel after 7 days, of which you are notified as well, so you don't have to worry about perpetually accessible links. You are able to easily drag and drop files into your email, or add them manually from your local machine. Lastly, if you accidentally send files to an incorrect recipient, you can easily rescind the transfer link from the notification email you receive when initiating the initial transfer of files.

Cons

The free version doesn't require, at least currently, you to set up an account through WeTransfer (you just need to enter a "From" email address), so privacy is a small concern (i.e. how secure is using a free WeTransfer account), but not a major one. We do not use WeTransfer for sensitive document transfers.

Tommy from Schneckenberger Films

I love WeTransfer!

WeTransfer has allowed me to solve the problem of sending and receiving large files without sacrificing quality or efficiency. This software has saved me lots of time and given my collaborators and clients a great experience which to me, is priceless!

Pros

What I love most about this software is its ease of use and convenience! As a professional photographer, film director, and editor, I'm constantly using large files and never want to compromise quality when needing to send or receive files online or via email. WeTransfer allows me to work with large files without sacrificing quality due to size constraints. Also, It's so easy to use and saves me so much time within my workflow. Professional emails and notifications upon sending, receiving, or downloading files is a great touch. In my opinion, WeTransfer is worth every penny for the premium plan​ and is very affordable for any user or business of any level. Highly recommend​!

Cons

The only constructive feedback I'd give for this software is giving the users the ability to upload folders for transfer instead of individual files and transfers to be smoother when running in the background. However, I've found very easy and practical solutions for both of these items. For multiple file upload, I simply group my desired files into a ".Zip" file and WeTransfer is able to work with those extremely well! As for the background downloads, sometimes i've ran into my transfers getting paused or stuck when my computer goes to sleep, so I simply leave music playing from my computer as this will keep my computer on, and I use transfer time as a great space for a break to walk away and refresh! :)

Reasons for Choosing WeTransfer

I had come across Wetransfer by referral from a friend who also was a photographer. It seemed to fit all my needs and especially my budget, so I didn't hesitate or take the time to look for alternative options, as WeTransfer was a ​perfect fit.

Reasons for Switching to WeTransfer

I made the switch from google drive to WeTransfer because it appeared to be so much easier and efficient within my workflow, and so I decided to give it a try. I'm so satisfied and I haven't looked back or could be more pleased with my decision, as well as storage space and organization!

Asdrúbal Javier from FE Creative Agency

Wetranfer changed my way of transferring files!!!!!!

When I say that I change my way of transferring files I don't lie like when a medicine actually heals you but immediately, it was always the most cumbersome task to find easy and agile methods and when I discovered wetranfer I definitely felt comfortable, even when I speak in the Cons above section does not seem to me to be negative things if not ways to find new ways to develop the site, advice as a user that would be incredible will take the time to read

Pros

In principle I started using wetranfer because of my need to send files quickly and easily, the first thing I liked about this page was that there was no need to register to use it and I could use 2GB in my favor, I also liked the fact that I could send the file through a link or an email and that in this one I will be notified when the other person arrives and also what allowed me to keep track of my files, I also loved the innovative platform, sometimes it was not only to enter and send a file if every so often there was a work by some new artist and that generated curiosity to know it, apart from being a very practical page I like the concept it handles, from the clouds I think it is one of the most avant-garde platforms for I still use that. Definitely, these types of pages are excellent because they are not limited to entering and registering to be able to have access if it is not at the hand of those who need it, for me it is always important to be able to count on practicality

Cons

Over time I realized that I wanted to have an account, but it did not leave me if it was not premium what disappointed me a little, another thing that I did not like was that I tried to send the link to another person and that the access was totally public, there should be some kind of encryption to protect the files because it could be exposed to fishing.

Sébastien from Omnívoro

Simple yet Powerful Solution to Sharing Big Files That Matter

Overall, it is undoubtedly one of the best services of that kind that I have used over the years. In many cases, I find it even more convenient than a cloud storage solution because nothing is linked to one specific account and there is no need to garbage collect archives that are no longer in use. This can be a doubled-edge sword, but frankly one can just reupload files when needed or realize how much or how little interest the recipient has when getting an email confirmation when the files have been downloaded, which is obviously another great feature of WeTransfer. In work situations, this actually is wonderfully useful as the recipient can't fake that the information hasn't got through. It even works equally well for transferring encrypted archives that contain sensitive information and so we have given our trust to this service many, many times. I haven't personally needed to contact their customer support yet, but I have seen how well WeTransfer treat their customers and I have no doubt they will be there when the time comes.

Pros

WeTransfer is very easy to use, both for the sender and the recipient. In fact, no user needs to create an account to start with: it is just a matter of using the intuitive interface to upload one or more files and indicate an email for the files to be received. This comes in handy to send files that are too large to be attached in an email but that still need to be delivered to people who aren't necessarily tech-savvy. There is also a very useful feature available to generate a link instead of sending an email. It never failed on me during a transfer, nor when sending or receiving an email. It has consistently worked flawlessly and gives valid reasons to switch to a paid account, especially for the additional nice benefits it offers: you can transfer 20GB at once; store up to 100GB; files are kept for longer; you can password-protect files and you can even have your own personalized web address with a custom background wallpaper. Even with a free account, it never feels like a limited service: downloads and uploads are quick and reliable.

Cons

After sharing dozens and dozens of files with family, friends and colleagues, there is only one drawback with WeTransfer: most of the files uploaded, being sent through free accounts, will expire after 7 days. Most of the time, this is more than enough, but it can cause some troubles to have to reupload the exact same big files (or sometimes series of files) because the recipient haven't taken the time to download them. One great feature that could potentially save some bandwidth for everyone would be to have the ability to extend the expiration date a day or two before it is supposed to expire. As a workaround for now, it is indeed convenient to have a Premium account to avoid this pitfall. I almost exclusively use this service on a laptop, but I will admit that I did experience some troubles with the iPhone application: when transferring an archive that was too large to fit on the smartphone, it somehow hung up and there was no way to fix the issue through the app. Hopefully, it was possible to use a third-party application to manually find and deleted the partially downloaded archive to free up some space and give life back to the WeTransfer app.

Victoria from Revel IT

Excellent service to send and receive files

This platform has given me many benefits, it gives me speed and efficiency, thanks to WeTransfer I can send heavy files to my colleagues, I also use it to store files in the cloud in a very easy and simple way, it also gives me the opportunity to Organizing, planning, detailing and linking each important information, is an incredible platform that provides many benefits in labor and personal aspects for each user, is an ideal complement to work with my projects and provides me with an excellent solution.

Pros

WeTransfer is web based which means that it is easy to access from many different platforms, it is very simple and I can send heavy files in a very fast and encrypted way, it also allows us to quickly send free files to anyone with an email address. email, people don't need to have an account or users to transfer, we can share files by providing only the email address of the sender and receiver along with our file, it has a simple and nice interface for any user who uses it With a large gallery of images that make the experience more pleasant, the service is completely free if files that do not exceed 2 GB are sent, it is a super essential tool for a job to work correctly.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about this tool, I love that it offers a free service for many users, without the need to register with WeTransfer to use its services, it also offers excellent services with very good results, I really like this tool and I don't see nothing negative in it.

Over from T-Systems do Brasil

Excellent platform to send very heavy files

Thanks to WeTranfer I have been able to send large files by email to my coworkers. Nowadays there are many services to store files online, but the bad thing is that many times they want to take money from us when it is used frequently. On the other hand, with WeTranfer I have sent many files and it always works excellent and best of all, I do it for free.

Pros

Several years ago, sometimes I needed to send large files of up to 1GB to my coworkers and I didn't have a platform that met that goal. Until I discovered WeTransfer, from that moment it is one of my favorites to send large files. Something that I love is that it is not necessary for the person who receives the file to see advertising in order to download it, that is a great advantage. Also the fact that you can send files up to 2GB by email is excellent and it is not necessary for the person to register to download it. It is very easy to use WeTransfer, you do not need to search for tutorial videos to know how to use this wonderful platform.

Cons

I just think it has a disadvantage. The maximum time the platform gives me to download the file is 7 days, after that the file is automatically deleted. I would like the expiration time to be at least 14 days, so that many users who keep busy or have slow internet can download the document comfortably and without the worry that they have little time left to download it.

I. Adrian from Tu zona deportiva ve

Industry: Graphic Design

Total excellence in video, image and file sharing software.

Wetransfer is a high-performance software that you should start using immediately. The benefits it offers are fabulous and very easy to use. This software will open your eyes to the way you send documents online.

Pros

I always tell my colleagues and supervisors, in my career as a photographer and editor there's a before and after since I've known this software. I say this because WeTransfer is a fascinating software that combines effectiveness in the delivery of videos, photographs and documents with quality service. One of the great benefits that I can mention from this software is that, as a result of my work, I have to send large photo packages to my bosses so that they can review the material and choose the photos they want, and Wetransfer allows me to send and receive large photo or video packages very easily and quickly, avoiding the limitations of e-mails, which was my most recurrent option when sending photographs or videos. Wetransfer allows you to send up to 2gb of information, enough to send the information I need.

Cons

In this section I will not comment, as I consider Wetransfer to be a software that revolutionized the way I sent the information I wanted, and all this very easily and quickly, I could not criticize a software like this, or at least, I have not found limitations or negative points to highlight in this review.

Maria from Indeed.com

Easy, Fast, and Free!

By using WeTransfer I've been able to transfer large files, such as HTML5 banners, Photoshop files, Gifs, images and others. It's seamless, easy and quick.

Pros

I absolutely love WeTransfer. I've used it for over 2 years, and it's so easy and quick. I love how simple the design is, when you access the homepage, you don't have to click anywhere, the uploader is right in front of your eyes and ready to use. It takes just a few steps to upload files and send them to your recipient. It's straightforward and clear. You can send various files at the same time. I've been using it to transfer big, and important files to clients, it's secure and it's free to use. I believe there is an upgraded version, more pro - but honestly you can just use the regular and free version and works just as excellent. The main page where you upload your files is so interactive and fun, the background changes every time. The Help Center is really detailed and informative - and you can easily contact support by submitting a request if you have a question, a claim or a comment. I recommend this software.

Cons

I'm not familiar how it works with a paid subscription, but I'm very happy with the free access. I wouldn't change anything.

Reasons for Switching to WeTransfer

Files took too long to upload, it required more steps

Gonzalo from Freelance

An state of the art and powerful way to share big files

WeTransfer does what it promises, FileTransfer made simple, fast and affordable. A great asset for anyone that deals daily with big files and impatient clients.

Pros

WeTransfer made it impossibly easy and efficient to Transfer files. They focus and they excel, they don't really host your files, they transfer them. Your files, if on the free plan, have a 7-day lifespan. The receiver gets a link and you get to know when they downloaded it, simple and great. The interface is usable for no tech-savvy users (this is where many Cloud services fail because your client will need an account on the service, install a client, etc). In fact, neither you or your client need an account to transfer your files, you just need a link generated by the platform. The downloading and uploading speed is incredible, even in places with poorer connections. Gone are the days of USB sticks, trash on your Cloud accounts, emails or the client saying "I didn't get it" when they did. I often share heavy files like RAW files and .psd projects and this tool has proved wonders. Like a professional mediator between you and your client. "Here is his work, please download it". This company has also a great eye on design, proved by their beautiful backgrounds, super simple interface and now on the great stories featured on WePresent.

Cons

The mobile app can be buggy if you are dealing with a big file. This is not a problem but can happen, in a remote scenario, that you delete the mail with the link and your client does the same then the link is forever lost. It could be great to retrieve a log of the active links under my mail, for example, I could send an email to WeTransfer with a subject of "Log" and I will be replied with my current links (I understand the security issues involved). Many people seem to be a concern on how the company handles the privacy and security of the files shared, in the case of sharing highly-confidential files I would think it twice.

Divan from Artillery Design

We all love We Transfer

Very easy to use with great insight into local and global stories and brands that run in the background while your transfer is busy uploading and sending.

Pros

We Transfer is easy to use, keeps the receiver and sender up to date on everything that happens with the transfer and even reminds the receiver if he or she has not downloaded the files.

Cons

The transferred files have a link that is only valid for 7 days and the limit to transfer files is only 2GB. With competitors offering higher transfer quotas We Transfer will most likely be a second choice for users looking at sending files that are larger than 2GB

Reasons for Choosing WeTransfer

We transfer showcases local and international artists stories and has some great entries on their blog. You can read and entertain yourself while the upload is busy.

Ushoshi from Bengaluru FC

Perfect file sharing software

We transfer is extremely easy to access and has solved a lot of the problems that would arise regarding file sharing. It's got a reasonable limit on transfers and I use it on a daily basis sometimes more than 10 times in the day. Being able to have a link that can be easily circulated is a huge positive of this software. I would recommend this software to any one who has to share files regularly because the pros outweigh the cons in a significant way

Pros

It's perfect for the use i have. In my company we don't have a internal server, hence file sharing is difficult. We rely mostly on emails but that limits data sharing to 25 MD. Which when it comes to design is not much while transferring heavy software files. We transfer allows us to transfer these files, to each other and printers easily. It's also convenient to be able to transfer folders instead of individual files. Additionally 2GB is a good limit for data. And it can be used multiple times during the day. Love the way they feature artists and lists on their page so, you're occupied while you're waiting for your files to transfer.

Cons

Files only remain for 7 days. Some important files have to be resent again. It takes very long at times to transfer files. Inspite of the internet speed.

Andres from Banco Interamericano de Desarrollo

Industry: International Trade and Development

WeTransfer is an affordable platform to send and receive files in the cloud easily

I frequently use WeTransfer to share project and plan documents with my coworkers, which has allowed our email storage space not to become crowded. The biggest benefit is that you can send any file, regardless of its format, be it a photo, a video or compressed files. Also, sometimes I add passwords to confidential files, so that they cannot be downloaded by third parties.

Pros

WeTransfer is a simple and easy to use file transfer platform. I like it because it is a service that is based only on drag and drop. Another feature that I like is that I can share documents to different recipients simultaneously. On the other hand, I find it very useful that WeTransfer automatically deletes files after upload. In addition, the Pro version has a really affordable cost and adds functionalities such as the expiration date of file transfers.

Cons

Apparently, WeTransfer has drawbacks to batch loading files larger than 1 GB in size, because sometimes certain files stay 99% and I must repeat the loading process again. I have not had any other inconvenience with the service offered by this platform.

Reasons for Switching to WeTransfer

Previously, we used our email to send and receive files, but over the years we began to need more storage space, so we required a cloud platform that allowed us to easily upload and send files. WeTransfer met all our expectations and is also an application with a really low cost.

Brad from Design Dept.

The FTP Go-to

WeTransfer saved our bacon during the lockdown period. While working remotely, we didnt have access to our local file server so we relied heavily on WeTransfer to move file between the design team as well as to client.

Pros

I love the simplicity of WeTransfer, it is not overly complicated, just click and drag, add an email + message and boom your files are on their way. Another great thing is that the receiver isnt required to have an account to download, just simply click and download. The email updates also help us keep track of whether a client has downloaded the file or not. That feature has saved out bacon more than once.

Cons

The security is a problem. We have one client in particular that refuses to work with WeTransfer as they consider it to be insecure. I can understand it. while I love the simplicity of it, It can be a problem as well. So if anything, maybe they could introduce a security feature that tracks downloads, or locks them in a way so that only the intended reciepient can download it.

Reasons for Switching to WeTransfer

Most clients didnt have Dropbox accounts so it became problematic.

Zarrar from Institute of Business Management

An Excellent File Sharing Software!

My entire organization uses this software for sending files. I think this is a very user friendly free service offerred to customers. Being the Senior Tax Manager, I have to share many PDF Files containing hundreds of documents of size hundreds of MBs and I always use WeTransfer for this purpose. Presentations, Videos of conferences and many workshops videos kept for record keeping are shared via WeTransfer only. A must have software. Gone are the days of USBs and Hard Disks.

Pros

Everything! I absolutely love this software. File Sharing is made so easy via WeTransfer. WeTransfer does not require any registration or signing up to do. The free version allows us to send up to 2 GB worth of data free to any email address. The recepient receives a WeTransfer link which he can download with in 7 days. Along with this, when the recepient downloads the files I sent, I will get an email notification making the entire process very reliant and safe. The 2 GB allowed in the free version is enough to send majority of our large files including videos and complete photo albums

Cons

I have faced a few problems in the WeTransfer mobile application while attaching large files but other than that I don't have any issues with this software.

Dianne from InTouch24-7

The best file transfer solution

It is the best solution and I recommend it to all my clients. It is easy to use, friendly and secure and does exactly what you want it to do. The free version is sufficient for everything. I enjoy receiving files by WeTransfer also -it is quick and easy.

Pros

I recommend this to every client - it is easy to use, and does not require an account. It tracks when the files were downloaded. You don't have to continually "clean it out" and try to manage storage on your own computer or on the server. It doesn't install anything on your computer. I enjoy the little "tidbits" whenever you go to the website. It is so good, I feel guilty not buying the pro version!

Cons

I would like the little window to be a bit bigger - it can sometimes be difficult to see a longer message. But it does keep your message concise, which is probably a good thing.

Reasons for Switching to WeTransfer

With Dropbox I had to follow up afterwards to tell the user they can delete the files. I uninstalled dropbox on my own computer because I discovered it syncing files using up huge amounts of data and file space. I had to "manage" dropbox and learn the settings, where Wetransfer is simple for ad hoc and irregular transfers.

The best way to share files with clients, teammates and family

Pros

Wetransfer was the perfect solution I've used to be able to share files, video or images with our client for review approval on the run. With a simple drag and drop the files are uploaded to the Wetransfer server, and we are able to either send them directly to the client or have the unique link to our files saved for future use. It is worth noting that we use both the premium and free. We use the premium to keep files we want to use in the future (beyond the 1 week limit). We use the free edition to share files with our clients or to send to other offices when we don't care if they expire beyond initial use. Our favorite use of Wetransfer, is to host files that we want to distribute in events or meetings and simply share the link with attendees and guests. Did I mention that they have a mobile app too? Quite useful when on you are on the move and need access to specific files, or need to receive videos for review.

Cons

Not much to be honest, we initially had an issue with the 100 gigabyte limit on premium, however Wetransfer increased the limit to 1 terabyte last year.

Kalim from Freelancer

Industry: Medical Devices

Wetransfer is best internet based computer file transfer service

Wetransfer is an amazing online file storage which I really like personally and recommend to freelancer wetransfer. very fast downloading and uploading process which save time a lot.

Pros

wetransfer have a very good function which resume your file if it's failed while downloading and that is best feature of online clouds. free subscription give 2 GB files uploading. paid version of wetransfer give more custom features.

Cons

we transfer don't give permission to save your data online more than 2 gb files which is very less storage as compare to google drive. there is no function to play the uploaded video file or show image preview without downloading them.

Reasons for Switching to WeTransfer

google drive was slow than wetransfer.

Sergio Rafael from PDVSA Petroleos de Venezuela S.A.

Industry: Law Practice

The best software on the market for sending files and images.

Pros

"A wonder of software", this is what comes to mind when I think of We Transfer. This software has greatly facilitated my job performance as it has facilitated the transfer of images, videos and documents to other recipients. I have a total of 2 gb of capacity to send information, this I use enough since the emails have a maximum sending capacity of up to 25 mb, and any document, video or photograph that exceeds 25 mb of storage capacity ends up being sent from the cloud, making the sending of information more tedious. With We Transfer I have overcome the capacity limitations for sending information and therefore I fully recommend it to all my colleagues and people.

Cons

While I have not had any security problems when using we transfer, if I could read on the Internet about the software and discovered that has security problems because the company has no protection from the arvhicos that are sent, exposing such information and at the hands of hackers and the general public who can access the information being transferred. It would be good if the company we transfer increases the level of security to use this software.

LINA MARIA from PDVSA-Intevep

An excellent solution for sending photos and videos in real time

A software that will change your way of thinking and see the transfer of files in real time. Therefore it is necessary that you acquire it and use it

Pros

We Transfer is a wonderful alternative for our daily activities at work. And this not only results in workers who are in the office, but in those who perform field research functions. I say this, because We Transfer has allowed us to optimize in an amazing way the sending of photographs and videos of the field investigations, being able to streamline the process of forming technical reports to be presented to the respective supervisors and area managers. We highlight these characteristics of We Transfer, because it has simply enhanced in an indescribable way all our functions associated with the research area, therefore I strongly recommend that you acquire this fabulous software.

Cons

Although we have read in different web forums that security is a problem with this software, we have been able to overcome this problem from time to time, and on the contrary, we welcome the use of this software in our management, recommending it energetically to the companies.

Jessi from Lighthouse Media Group

Great File Transfer Service

I have no problems at all with wetransfer and highly recommend it. It is a part of my workflow when sending files to clients and I used it on a weekly basis.

Pros

Wetransfer is great for sending large files to anybody anywhere in the world. They make is super easy to keep track of your transfer as well. I suggest making and account and sending through the website as opposed to sending a direct link as this way you get notified when they download the files.

Cons

I would like to be able to go pro with Wetransfer but I cant justify the cost, especially with no other real benefit other than transfering files. I could easily achieve the same result with google drive and its cheaper.

Reasons for Choosing WeTransfer

I mostly use wetransfer for the fact that it expires after 7 days using a free account. I dont have to be worrying about deleting the files. Most of the time I dont want to store the file, I just want to be able to send it to people.

Aris from POWERPC

The best free and fastest option to send files

We send and receive files fast, in a secure way, without registration and using short links that makes it easy to download without copy pasting it. It's free, it's fast and it has a cool app called Collect that let's you upload files to your account.

Pros

WeTransfer is the best and most used method to send and receive files for us and our customers. We use WeTransfer for infected computers where we need to send files to one of our virtual machines to disinfect, check or decrypt, or send programs/drivers/packages from a computer to our customer's computer without having to connect to our internal network drivers (for security purposes). The thing that makes it easy and secure is that you do not need to register/login and the links of the files are very short making it easy to type it manually on the target machine.

Cons

I don't think that there is something missing from WeTransfer. Maybe raise the limit to more than 2GB, but hey it's free to use!

Jude from Self Employed

Make file sharing easy use WeTransfer on your next design job

The ability to share BIG files quickly with ease!

Pros

I work in apparel design, I was introduced to this site by a [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for file sharing. First, it's free, no need to purchase anything. Second, I was impressed I could share a very large textile print file so easily with co-workers during WFH. In the past I was using a Google link and uploading to my Google drive but I found it tedious. This was easy as creating an account and verifying it. After you can then begin transferring all types of files to co-workers all over the world. They in turn receive a link and can download upon receipt, the recipient does not need to register. No zip required, just download and ready to use.

Cons

The biggest Con can be easily solved if you pay for the service. If you use the "free" service, you must download the file, save it to your computer. There is a time limit on the link sent in email and you could lose your information if you dont save the file. Sometimes, while file sharing Ill receive an error message and cannot send. Usually, I just open another browser to solve.

Reasons for Switching to WeTransfer

It's quicker to set up and when Im only sending 1 piece of artwork. I dont need it to take up storage on my drive.

Peter from Illovo Sugar

Industry: Farming

Easy, Faster and very convenient way of sharing files online

I have used WeTransfer to send my Portfolio of Evidence to my Lecture. My portfolio was too big on any email and WeTransfer was the best available solution which I was so thankful to discover.

Pros

WeTransfter is an online based app for sharing files. It is to me the best way to share files especially on official communications. The very first advantage I would mention is the ease of use. The app is very easy to use. You don't need a special menu to teach you how to use it. The UI is smart, simple a straight forward. The second advantage is that you don't necessarily need to register to become a member or anything like that. You just login with any email address you normally use. It also not so selective on which browsers to use. It has worked on all the browsers I have used so far. I also like the fact that I don't have to install a specific app or an add-on my browser. This helps if your using someone's gadget and you don't have Admin rights. One would also appreciate the file size that is allowed per transfer. It is so unbelievable that you can send one file as big as 2gb or multiple files totaling to the same 2gb on a single transfer, and for free. If you need more, you can go for a paid version and send a ten times bigger (20gb) on a single transfer. The loading transfer is very fast and smart with a very high success rate. It works even when the window is minimised

Cons

The only challenge I think I can mention of is that if you'reuusing the free version, files are kept for a limited time (seven days to be specific) and later on they are deleted and you cannot recover them. However, you can always keep a backup before sending the files.

aka from Webtaskr

No pain while sharing attachments

I use this almost every second day for work and this improves our productivity a lot. There is no match for this software. When it comes to sharing and transfer of files WeTransfer comes really handy.

Pros

Sharing assets for work or even with friends and family members is so smooth and easy. No need of logging in to your email account and also the limits of file upload and all the hassle of remembering passwords for email accounts are skipped with the presence of WeTransfer.

Cons

Thinking of a con is a little burdening because we get so much more available already in the free plan. The only con here would be if you need to keep the files available for download for a longer duration or upload an extremely huge file then we might need to upgrade to a paid plan which can be a little costly.

Reasons for Switching to WeTransfer

Hassle of logging in and out every time and also the deleting process of files of no use after a long time is overburdening.

Edward from LeafreDigital

Send files easily.

It is very useful, since sometimes I have to send emergency files, then it is when I use WeTransfer and everything is faster, being honest is one of the best platforms to transfer files that I have tried, it helped me a lot, especially simplified my working life , and I hope they continue to improve and add new features.

Pros

WeTransfer is a very complete platform where it allows me to send large files with incredible ease, the sending speed is unsurpassed, its interface is stable and has a type of background advertising that can be edited with the plus version, the free version allows Sending files with a limit of 2 GB, although it sounds good, is the best option, but if you want to use the maximum of this platform, the Plus version is amazing, as it allows you to send up to 20 GB per file. It provides 100 GB of storage and can also protect files sent with a custom password and have many more features that are really good.

Cons

I have no problems with this platform, everything works correctly, but I would like them to add new functions, such as being able to verify if the sender receives the file and if I can download it correctly, that will help a lot, and also that it implements more advanced collaboration tools, since Even being the Plus version, it can't do anything but share files, and it doesn't seem fair, I hope they continue adding new features.

Patricia from Boysen Agency

WeTransfer for Ease and Safety

My overall experience with WeTransfer is amazing. In my industry we send video auditions all day. WeTransfer makes it so simple to receive and send without risking my computer to receive viruses or spyware. It Makes it easy for my actors to upload large files and send them quickly.

Pros

The ease of use is exceptional. The ability to send large files so simply is amazing. The link feature is one of my favorite features. You can paste your link in an email and send it personally with your own details and not through the companies generic mail system, if you desire.

Cons

If I have to choose what I like least it would be the Wetransfer boards and the confusion my clients have with the boards at times. Sending a link from the boards doesn't always work the way intended.

Reasons for Choosing WeTransfer

It's just very easy to use and it is dependable. My actors know when it is downloaded and it reassures them we are working hard.

Thandile from Self-Employed

Imparting Ideas and Executing Them To Ease!

Myself and most of my industry uses WeTransfer all the time - I highly recommend checking it out!

Pros

WeTransfer is helpful and down to earth device to utilize. It permits us to share the huge archives/photographs effectively without enlisting a record and so forth I don't have to have a record transfer/download the archive. I have encountered numerous benefits of WeTransfer when I was on a work excursion and I need a few records from the workplace or when we had some issue with workers. Particularly in that very late minutes, WeTransfer is a lifeline. We likewise use WeTransfer to share some photographs from jumping trip/outdoors trip and so forth I discovered coherent to give a brief connect to downloading the documents too. You can simply share the connect to everybody and they can download the photographs and recordings without any problem.

Cons

The solitary con I can consider is the way that it just does a certain something... since options like Google Drive, accomplish such a great deal more, it's simple for individuals to figure they should simply go with the greater organization.

Bruno from Cognizant

Industry: Computer Hardware

Speed ​​and practicality at a great cost!

In my work I need to send many files for analysis quickly and safely. WeTransfer is the best tool I have used for this until today. I started using the free version, but soon I switched to the pro version, because the cost is so low that it would be worth it anyway. I was surprised by the extra functions and benefits available in the pro version!

Pros

WeTransfer is safe, fast and very easy to use. The pro version offers a lot of storage space and allows you to send up to 20gb per file in a simple way to many people simultaneously. It also allows me to schedule when I want the files to expire, all in a very simple and intuitive way. A very complete service for those who need to send a large flow of data, at a very low cost.

Cons

WeTransfer's chat and email support is very good, but sometimes I miss phone support in some specific situations, such as a payment problem or some more advanced configuration. Sometimes hearing a human voice on the other end of the line helps to reduce frustration in times of trouble.

Wetransfer: One app solution for global transfer

If you want to share anything and anywhere without any size limit (up to 2gb for free users) just give a try to wetranfer. It will fulfil your requirements 100%.

Pros

It is simple tool for sharing purposes for any important files globally. It's a pretty simple tool and we don’t need to be close together because it is cloud basis sharing app. Just simple, tap and select specified file and upload it and create specific link for that particular file and share it over email or normal message, that’s it. The most loveable part of wetransfer is, still we can allow to use up to 2gb for free basis under 7-day restriction for keeping our files.Also, the customized mobile app helps us to use the service convenient and still we can use it through our mobile web browser if don’t have an app, it can access for anyone around the globe and receiver can receive the file even they don’t need wetranfer account for their self.

Cons

I heard that wetranfer have some security drawbacks and since that, I'm a little bit nerved to use wetranfer. Other than this, I don’t have any personal cons regarding this app.

Katie from Atlas Copco

The Easiest Way to Transfer Files.

It's been a great platform for us. We needed a program where we could just get files from A to B without issue (and irregardless of file size). WeTransfer met all of our needs - even with the free version!

Pros

I work in Marketing and Communications, so our team is constantly transferring extremely large files back and forth to one another - files that are obviously too big to be transferred over email. Being able to transfer them virtually instantaneously is awesome, and it's so easy to do. Upload and click send and voila! Files sent. They're very easily received as well.

Cons

Not a fan of the 7 day expiration period for files. Wish it would be a longer time frame. I can't count the number of times I've needed to go back and reference a previous file and simply can't.

Reasons for Switching to WeTransfer

Previously we used Dropbox for file transfers. It got the job done, but was a bit more complex than WeTransfer. So, after piloting WeTransfer and seeing it's simplicity - we switched and haven't looked back.

Aaron from First Free Church

Great tool for a quick share

I use WeTransfer mostly for audio projects and session files for ProTools or Logic. WeTransfer makes it super easy to share sessions and patches with one click. It’s also handy how the download expires if it’s time sensitive material. WeTransfer makes it possible for me to collaborate with music professionals all across the world.

Pros

I like how simple it is to use. Upload, enter your email, enter friends email. Boom, done. It’s that intuitive.

Cons

I think 2GB is a small of a ceiling to cap free use. Ran into some issues with sharing files, because of the limit. 3GB max would be stellar. Even the free Dropbox gives you more cloud storage than the free WeTransfer.

Reasons for Switching to WeTransfer

Dropbox was cumbersome to use and not as simple as WeTransfer. Why would I want to ask everyone to sign up for Dropbox account before I send them something. WeTransfer is so simple. Just send and receive, no account needed.

Nadish from Kreative Sparks

WeTransfer has made my life easier

Well WeTransfer has made my life easier, as I'm working in an Advertising and Marketing agency, I have to send and receive tons of files on daily basis to my team mates as well as clients. Before I discovered WeTransfer, I used to use FTP to transfer my files and I remember those days were hectic. The FTP uploading and downloading speed was totally dependet on hosting server and I had to wait hours to upload or download a single GB of file. But since I found WeTransfer, the headache has totally gone, just drag and drop file on WeTransfer, copy the link and share it with anyone and thats all :) As simple as ABC or 123 :D

Pros

The uploading/ downloading speed, easy to use and file size. Yes these three features of WeTransfer makes it stand out from the rest of the services, I never found any downtime since I'm using WeTransfer.

Cons

Well... I think the 7 days files expiry of free version is something that I would like to be like 1 month maybe :). But still I can understand that WeTranser is atleast providing a 7 days expiry without charging a single penny :)

Matthew from Fast Company

Industry: Publishing

WeTransfer the best software to transfer files easily

Thanks to WeTransfer, I can now send large files in a very simple way, without having to rely so much on emails.

Pros

I love this software, it helps me to send files that are very large to send by email, Wetransfer is a tool for sharing files easily and efficiently, you just need to add the email to whom you want to send the files, upload the file, you will add a message if you wish and that's it, the loading speed shows a very fast and precise speed, this tool also has a very good interface and I really like the image gallery that shows us on its website.

Cons

WeTransfer is the best software you can find to send large files, this tool offers everything that promises, very good operation, the only drawback I see is that WeTransfer is your security, I think the files sent by this software are available for any person can access them without any problem, something that limits a lot when sending more private files.

Dewey from Freelance, Self Employed

We Love WeTransfer!

A simple but very effective way to send larger files. We will continue to use WeTransfer as long as it is around!

Pros

Our company uses WeTransfer to send files that are too large for email, which is perfect for non-sensitive data (like videos). The free version lets you send files up to 2gb, which is perfect for most use cases. Link sharing makes it easy to share with people who don't want to be bothered with being invited to/accessing cloud storage accounts.

Cons

The 7 day expiration can get a little frustrating, as we often find ourselves re-uploading files that the client did not download in time. However, this can be circumvented with a premium account (which we have recently upgraded to), which allows files up to 20gb. We have also had a few issues with uploading through the mobile application.

Sharing Ideas and Executing Them With Ease!

Amazing. Like I said, it's an incredibly easy app to use. I work in a Communications department at a small college, and considering how much we do for other departments in the college, this app lets us finish those tasks swiftly and easily.

Pros

It's. Stupid. Easy. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to drag your files, type the recipients and your email (for the receipt of delivery), and send them to your team members. My team collaborators use Microsoft Outlook while I don't—I'm a contractor with no access to a company email—and Outlook has a size limit and strict virus tracker; it makes it difficult for me to send them completed designs and documents. WeTransfer, although their emails may go to a separate folder, helps me send said files with ease.

Cons

Nothing really. I was going to mention probably their size limit, but I don't use it enough nor deliver large enough files to suffice to subscribe to WeTransfer Plus.

The perfect option for transferring files to shortcuts

I have been using it almost since its inception and to date I have not encountered any observed problems with the use of this software

Pros

Accessibility and simplicity of the user interface certainly make it much easier to use than unlike similar platforms that require logging

Cons

Although there is little that can be bothered with this software one of the drawbacks is only 2gb for free users. Nowadays, fecin files often exceed 2gb

Nathaniel from BTC Bros

Best and Fastest Large File Transfer Service!

I use WeTransfer to send many video/audio files to clients mostly. However, it also comes in handy to send zip files securely. Still a great fast and effective way to securely transfer large files!

Pros

Free to use, can send to multiple recipients in one go, page cache (this has saved my message lots of times!), speedy, private.

Cons

Maybe a slightly higher limit than 2GB?! Also, the ability to use multiple 'from' addresses in the CC would be neat. The paid plan has so much more, but I have not used paid features in some time, as not really needed at this stage.

Reasons for Choosing WeTransfer

SendSpace is too slow, however practically the same on the free plan, but way slow. Drive won't let you share with external parties without the link becoming public. Dropbox needs a sign up.

Fidel from Trend Marketing Digital

WeTransfer

It has made it easier for me to be able to send and receive files and heavy documents in my work area, editable files that, due to the program where they are carried out, are heavy, in addition to resolving me at different times when sharing a link with the sender, or simply keeping me awake If the file was downloaded by the person who needed it.

Pros

Possibly one of the applications that I use the most in my work environment, being able to share heavy files with coworkers and clients becomes really easy just by having to share a link. So far I have not had problems with the application and it facilitates and cuts distances and time when working.

Cons

Perhaps the only inconvenience that this has is the time that the files sent in the cloud remain, as well as the capacity or size limit of sending in the free version could upload a small percentage. Beyond that, the application has responded and it has been useful to me.

Abel from ThriveNaija

Its great for transfering large files.

Very easy to use, we crave simplicity in everything that we do. The ability to simply send large files over the internet that WeTransfer provides is just one of the best.

Pros

Especially when the connection is not that great. We use WeTransfer every week to send huge files to our clients and even potentials as it offers the kind of flexibility we're looking for. Free, fast and incredibly easy file transfer via either email or a special link generated upon upload. No need to sign up, just log on and in a few minutes, that's done. I guess the key takeaway here is the simplicity WeTransfer offers. Anyone can figure it out.

Cons

Files transferred usually expire in 7 days, we've had issues with clients not able to download within that time frame and usually have to do it again, it could be longer or never expire like Dropbox or Google drive but this problem is solved if you pay for WeTransfer PRO.

Kyle from Sunnyside Auto Group

WeTransfer Review

We've switched over to WeTransfer after having problems with Dropbox and Google Drive. Files were getting lost or not downloading properly. We solved that problem by using WeTransfer. This website provides everything we need to successfully send files to our clients, and be able to track them.

Pros

WeTransfer allows me to send files to clients with ease. The drag and drop system is seamless as well as the upload process. You can also get notified when your client has downloaded the file! That feature is so wonderful and allows me to not have to guess if someone has gotten my files yet.

Cons

People are not as familiar with this product, so they are often hesitant to download a file from the site. I assume as this website becomes bigger it will certainly become the norm.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 1,376 reviews