All PayPal Reviews

PayPal Review

AUBREY L D

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2019

International payment system that stands as a gold standard

We now have a PayPal button on our website that indicates to clients that we accept PayPal payments and we now receive funds from everywhere. It is an easy to use wallet and you can make withdraws easily to your bank account or credit card.

PROS

It has provided us with the opportunity to receive funds instantly from our clients from all over the world. All this happens at the best lowest expense possible. The most important thing you can create and send invoices very easily to clients. We are also able to request payments from clients. The choice to differentiate between personal and business accounts, of which they are all free to open, makes it more client focused. PayPal exchange rates to other currencies are also good than other companies that rob from clients by manipulating currency exchange rates. Buyer protection is another best feature to prevent fraudulent sellers from scamming clients.

CONS

As much as paypal is making life simple and is helping building a global community, their introduction of fees when you are sending money to a friend across borders makes it unfair.

Reason for choosing PayPal

Paypal is global, works with many merchandisers, has good support team, they have good fees although they still need to reduce the fees, and it is simple to use.

Reasons for switching to PayPal

The skrill guys are fraudsters, they make fake promises and what they focus on is taking all your money out.

Destiny

Design, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2024

A decent payment processing solution with some drawbacks

I think overall PayPal is okay, but many of the issues I've had, had the potential to turn into a lot bigger issues. I would say it's probably no longer the best option for payment processing.

PROS

They have one of the shorter wait times for payouts/balance transfers compared to other platforms I've used. Many people are familiar with them and many companies/organizations still use them which often lends itself to an easier check out process. I like that it has pay later options for my clients.

CONS

Paypal was once one of the most trusted and secure payment processors, but there have been many points of failure over the years and I am not as confident about it as I once was. I have previously had some issues with fraudulent purchases made using my account. In my experience their customer service has not been the best often because of language barriers leading to my concerns not being understood/addressed. I don't like how difficult it is to change the settings so that non-PayPal users can make payments using PayPal. The buyer-protection is not great either, I purchased a product that was misrepresented in the photos and description and even when I couldn't get a hold of the company to go through with returning it, PayPal would not grant me a refund. The same thing happened when a company that was going out of business kept recurring charges going even though they were no longer providing me the service and hadn't for months, I sent PayPal all requested documentation and they didn't refund me or remedy the issue at all.

Mihaela

Reviewed June 2024

One of the most intuitive online payment and invoicing solutions but can get expensive and inconvenient.

I used PayPal for over 10 years, to receive international payments to a personal account, send money to friends and family, and, occasionally, pay for various tools and products. This year, after registering a new business entity, I switched from my personal PayPal account to a business account. They locked the money in my account for 3 weeks, with no way out. I tried contacting support, sent them details of my old account, ID, screenshots, service contract, invoice, etc. all the details I could think of to show that I've been receiving money regularly for services already rendered from the same person/company for 10 years with 0 chargebacks or disputes, and even my boss offered to confirm all details and waive any rights to chargebacks but they refused to unlock my account and release my money earlier. I understand the need to protect buyers but their inflexibility is insane and extremely disappointing. After this experience, my boss/client and I decided to use wire transfers to settle payments and, since then, I've saved close to $300/month total from payment fees, currency exchange rates, and withdrawal fees. I'm now using the free version of Zoho for invoicing. I guess PayPal is faster than international wire transfer and easier to use for invoicing than other 3rd party tools but the $300 I'm saving every month make the switch well worth it. I also have colleagues who switched from PayPal to Revolut and they say they've saved money and are very happy with their decision.

PROS

I used PayPal for 10 years to send invoices and get paid for freelance work, send payments to friends/family, and shop online. It's the most intuitive platform I've used, very flexible and accessible to everyone.

CONS

Their rules are rigid, the overall costs are high, and the customer service was inflexible, unhelpful.

Tye

Internet, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2024

Tye's PayPal review

Easy to use, great for collecting or distributing payments.

PROS

I like the nice looking UI I like that it's very user-friendly I like that it processes transactions instantly I like that it's easy to find people you frequently do business with and send or request money quickly

CONS

I don't like the high transactions fees on small transactions, trying to send your friend a dollar can cost upwards of $5 sometimes its ridiculous I don't like how sometimes it can take a week for debit/credit purchases to process

Carly

Consumer Services, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2023

Worst customer service and support ever experienced.

Absolutely the worst.

PROS

I have not had any benefits. The policies are vague, the support is misleading and dishonest, the customer service is amateur.

CONS

They closed my account after having received my first payment through my website.I called to find out why and they said someone would get back to be within 5 business days. Two weeks went by and they did not contact me. I called again and I was told they will not tell me why they closed my account and they will hold my money for a minimum of three months, which only then can I call to dispute access to my funds. I have no idea what went wrong and I'm extremely frustrated. I can't believe they run a business this way. They are not worth the risk... I have heard nightmare stories from other business owners who have used Paypal and have recently discovered many similar reviews on other sites. Use another company!

Reason for choosing PayPal

My website provider offered them. Seemed easy and simple at the time.

Liam

Automotive, 51-200 employees

PayPal is everywhere

PROS

Paypal is a very popular payment method used by people everywhere. It is very easy to use with tourists who want a faster payment method with a good conversion rate rather than banks. For me recurring payments is the best feature, my clients can always use this method when hiring cars and vans for a long period.

CONS

Fees can be lowered, they are adding up. Is not a deal breaker as is fast and easy to use.

Petros

Performing Arts, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2024

Consumers are not getting good service

Your customers will have an ok experience until thy have a problem...

PROS

nothing I can think of here with this company

CONS

Your customers will have an ok experience until thy have a problem...

Reasons for switching to PayPal

Pay Pal is an awful company when it comes to resolving errors that paypal has made

Corey

Design, 1 employee

A friend with finances

I like PayPal, I like integrating it in web designs and other applications. I have used PayPal for many years and will continue to trust them.

PROS

I like PayPal for the ease and convenience of use in many applications.

CONS

While PayPal is good for making payments, I had had issues multiple times with getting a refund for a purchase.

Amanda

Arts and Crafts, 1 employee

I love PayPal!

Super fantastic! Great for traveling, home needs, and business!

PROS

I'm about to use it internationally! That's very important as an artist!

CONS

For a while, I couldn't get a PayPal. But that changed as the card is now offered in the country I'm expating in!

francisco

honest opinion

In general, I believe it is one of the best, or even the best payment processor today,

PROS

the entire sending and receiving transaction process

CONS

without a doubt these are the fees charged per transaction, I think they are a little high

Chermaine

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Great company for small businesses

PROS

The different features that are available to me to use for my business.

CONS

They changed how you can used your paypal mastercard debit card to where money has to be in your paypal account.

Irshad

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2023

I am using PayPal past 2 years and it's perfect

PROS

Easy to use, all currency accept, fast payment processing app

CONS

Payment accepted very fast and transferred amount to bank in very low charges

Beth

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2019

PayPal Streamlines a Small Business's Flow of Money

PayPal is an indispensable part of my small business.

PROS

PayPal not only makes sending and receiving money super easy, with a business account it tracks everything and creates reports that come tax time makes preparing your return super easy. On the rare occasions I have had to interface with customer service, it has always been a pleasant and productive interaction

CONS

The transfer can be slower than other services. Other services can do instant transfer but for this you have to pay extra with PayPal.

Reasons for switching to PayPal

PayPal is much more than just a money transfer service and assists me in organizing and staying on top of accounting.

Food & Beverages, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed February 2020

PayPal cuz ya gotta...

PayPal is always going to be a mover-and-shaker in the internet finance sector and if you're just sending money to your friends and family or stacking a few bucks to pay for stuff online PayPal is a good option. For me doing business with PayPal has been easy but If you're a medium-to-large sized company maybe you should look for a business account elsewhere.

PROS

PayPal is one of those things ya almost gotta have. All these new digital credit cards coming out that mask your numbers is old newus as far as PayPal is concerned. They pioneered not only digital currency but gave us a format on how-to buy things online. These new marketplaces (letgos, offerups, Facebook marketplace) really owe PayPal a debt of gratitude of for making us comfortable to purchase online. In addition to the privacy PayPal offers they also make it easy for you to send and receive money especially to your friends and they don't charge you anything. You can get a free cash card which is cool and you can also use card to accept payment for your small business.

CONS

PayPal does require a lot of background if you were to open up an account and get a cash card. They do close people down for practically nothing and they will freeze assets for an undetermined amount of time if anything is questioned. Also there so in bed with eBay that if eBay doesn't like something about you or your account they can freeze assets as well. They have a pretty weak offers category where you can get some discounts but they're not all that great and neither is there discount on shipping. And why don't they have their own check cashing division being so big, why use Ingo?

Reasons for switching to PayPal

Well Chime is nice and all but they lack some of the features that PayPal has and you seem to wait longer for your transfers. And doing business with PayPal is much easier because everybody is integrated payment into their sales format

Daniella

Reviewed March 2020

Awesome Overall

PayPal makes it easy to exchange money online.This software is tried and true year after year. I will definitely recommend PayPal to anyone who asks.

PROS

I love the ease of use. I enjoy the security they offer, and the various settings they offer to you. PayPal is a proven platform for business and personal users alike. They offer a level of security and protection that is unmatched with many financial softwares.

CONS

Though widely accepted, PayPal isn't widely used among many popular services available today. There was also a lack of customization when it came to things such as my preferred name.

Reason for choosing PayPal

PayPal gives me the security I need for both my personal and professional lives.

Reasons for switching to PayPal

PayPal has a very good and long-lasting reputation.

Jason

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2020

Highly Recommended Product

Paypal is a excellent service for any e-commerce solution people with or without paypal can securely enter info for payment without any fear of identity theft, scam, or leaked info. Their Top security makes them our number 1 choice 5 years in a row.

PROS

Paypal is great because its very secure and anonymous. What i mean by that is no one can know the card numbers used or taken its all by order and transaction numbers so no one can steal info so its great and recommended.

CONS

The only thing i find least appealing is that the resolution center most likely take the customer side, which in some cases is them getting over but customers are always right.

Reason for choosing PayPal

Paypal is the oldest and most trusted and used worldwide and is easy to use has great customer service and is for even non members who can securely input there credit card info. And with buyer protection, customers know their hard earn money is safe and if not satisfied can be return for full refund.

Reasons for switching to PayPal

Paypal is more secure and offers solutions to more customers and is trusted by many world wide and cost less then fees from square

1 employee

Reviewed January 2021

Best Money Management for me Personally and with my business

I love this business solution. I don't know how i would have grown so fast without this service. PayPal was easy to set up when I started my business. After 5 years this is still my first choice to take credits cards in my store, on the go though Facebook and even my website. I even took advantage of the PayPal working capital loans to keep up with my growing business .

PROS

Paypal makes everything easier: getting paid, sending money, sending invoices, buying supplies, using a credit card and having a credit card reader for my store and all my vendor shows on the go.

CONS

I wish the credit cards statements were easier to read and more streamlined with everyday charges, payments ( Debits and Credits) and fees. Also my credit card readers had an internal battery that only lasted 2 years. The new reader has to remain -plugged in not to have a delay in usage and the credit cards fees keep increasing over the years

Reason for choosing PayPal

PayPal set me up for free, answered all my questions on my first customer service call. sent me free reader and the the credit card reader stopped working they replaced it with a better reader for FREE - They earned my Loyalty over and over. .

Maciej

E-Learning, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2021

Leader in the market, but sometimes there will be hassle.

Thanks to PayPal I have a foolproof way to receive payments from abroad, but their rates are a little bit higher than in other payment gateways. That's why I use it as a backup payment system, because it's not integrated with instant transfers from banks (at least in Poland, I know that you can set it up for example in UK). Customers in Poland prefer to pay with instant bank transfers, that's one thing that PayPal lacks.

PROS

PayPal is a universal, global payment system. I use it not only personally, to receive and send money, but mostly as a payment gateway. Payments go smoothly. It should satisfy all those who want to do business on-line. I like the option to generate quick buttons.

CONS

Deployment (in self-written script) and automation of sales are a little bit harder. Maybe it's because I'm a newbie to programing, but I remembered that setting sandbox account and getting through documentation wasn't that easy. Plus, sometimes navigating through options in menu that I use less is pretty complicated and confusing. That's the only thing that makes me roll my eyes.

Reason for choosing PayPal

Reason was simple: Stripe is less known in Poland than PayPal, therefore I chose the latter one.

Roldan