Browse Descartes Aljex Reviews

Beau from Whitfield Logistics Inc. - Supply Chain and Consulting Solutions for the Global Logistics Market

Wonderful TMS

Pros

We used aljex in the past and loved the system.

Cons

None that I can think of at this time. Great Product

Jim from BZS Transport Inc.

Most client focused software firm I have ever worked with.

Our staff can work remotely and use all of their tools in Aljex. Effective integration with other important applications.

Pros

Aljex was way out in front with a cloud based solution years before its competitors. The help desk responds within 5 minutes or less on desktop support issues. Unlike a lot of competitors who offer additional programming (and cost) at every turn, Aljex asks us about the underlying business challenge and nearly every time they offer a way to solve it using the existing platform. That's a sign of a partner. I think much of the success for Aljex is attributed to the fact that the founders of the company were transportation brokers who learned how to program, not IT people who are trying to learn the business. The Aljex user interface is very intuitive because of this .

Aron from Surebound Logistics

Very disappointed with Every Part of this program and their service

Very disappointed with service, cannot reach anyone when having issue you need to email and they decide when they have time to service. Reports are latterly not accurate and missing many charges etc. You cannot change invoice once summited or it will not be added to front page, Many accessorial fees disappeared and after calling in for service they fixed it but couldn't guarantee all was fixed

Pros

Was fooled that they have many easy features but couldn't find any

Cons

Slow processing, all reports are not accurate, hard to pull reports, old design

Reasons for Choosing Descartes Aljex

My friend was also moving to Aljex and thought we can learn together but now we are both disappointed

Reasons for Switching to Descartes Aljex

Wanted to invoice from same system

Best TMS out there

Pros

I've been working with Aljex for over 8 years now. They have developed the best TMS in the business, with the flexibility to support all kinds of logistics processes while being robust enough to exceed expectations in every aspect of the workflow any transportation company could have or need. Aljex offers something none of the other major brands can: a deep understanding of the logistics needs from and administrations standpoint and a broad and comprehensive approach to the day to day operation of the shipments.

Cons

Honestly, since I've lucky enough to experience all of the new functionalities and developments, I think they have a tool that has a lot more to offer. And they are getting there.

Tony from ST Freight, LLC

Aljex has been an integral part in ST Freight's growth and success.

Pros

We are able to expand at any pace. Being able to add new agents only takes about 20 minutes and they are ready to go is a huge plus. Their support team is really second to none also. If there is an issue, one email usually gets it resolved and it is done quickly.

Cons

There has been a few ideas that I have thrown their way that I think would have helped improve their product. And they have implemented some of them. However, I had to pay for the programming.

Renee from Brock LLC

We have been using aljex for years and have it customized for our company.

makes our work flow faster =

Pros

Easy to use for the accounting office, flows smoothly into Quickbooks. Easy to find screens and what you need. I like that its customized to our company so that we can just transfer from aljex into QBS and it shows everything we need to make paying carriers and our brokers smoother.

Cons

Glitches once in awhile but usually its fixed pretty quickly. We are on the whole are happy with the product.

Eric from Land-Link Traffic Systems Inc.

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

We have been an ALJEX client for over 10 years now, and they have always been an exceptional partner

Greater profitability through effective freight management and efficiency

Pros

Consistent, flexible, stable, practical, and effective. User-friendly as well. The logic embodies the elements that are most critical to successful transportation and supply chain management.We have not come across any significant deficits during the 10+ years that we have been using the software. Very pleased.

Darren from Dayrun Express

Excellent software, and customer service

Software gives me the ability to build my businees

Pros

I have used the software for over 20 years and have built my business around Aljex I love the ease of use, and the overwhelming functionality Endless reports, and data at my fingertips

Cons

I sometimes have a problem adding a new scanner or printer, but customer service always there to help me.

Aubrey from Worldwide

Aljex

Pros

Ease of use and speed when working efficiently.

Cons

Speed of software when not working efficiently.

Nimesh from CastingWords

Aljex is awesome

So far I'm currently using it and satisfied with this software.

Pros

It allows to design a home page and also have colour coding.

Cons

I think tool bar in this software can be more better

steve from Tyler Transportation LLC

A Must Need To Run My Brokerage Business

I could not run my business without this software

Pros

very easy to use, very reliable, support is great, it's the most useful tool that I use daily for my truck brokerage business. every day I turn it on it's always there. does accounting as well with a touch of a few keys.

Brandon from Logistics

Support is not readily available

The board itself is easy to use but the issues with customer service and support are poor. If you can get your own software i would recommend it. customer service is nothing more than a call center. they rarely have an answer for your question and have to "call" you back which takes sometimes days.

Pros

The ease of use of the software, thats all

Cons

The time it takes to address a situation. the lack of support. The inability for the customer service to answer a question in a timely manner. The advertise software capabilities that are not even functional yet.

cassandra from northern michigan brokerage

I am loving all the features Aljex has to offer. this program is definitely helping to grow my busin

Pros

I like how everything is in one central location so I don't have to use more than one program daily. this software is perfect for freight brokers. Even small brokerages can benefit from this program

Cons

I wish they would include more features for a user. Each integration you do you have to pay Aljex and then pay the third party company as well. I think it would be nice if they ran specials or deals/packages.