Emergency Reporting

Emergency Reporting Reviews

RATING:

• icon"The ease of use makes this software the best that I have used. I have been in the fire service for 16 years."
  • icon"Easy to operate and access from anywhere. Data repository is awesome backing up any data put into the library."
  • icon"The best part of this software is the ease of use. Our previous program required a strong understanding of databases."
  • icon"My biggest gripe about Emergency Reporting is that there isn't a section for vehicle information in the reporting section of it."
  • icon"No Customizable reports. Cost of having a report built is extremely restrictive."
  • icon"There are many canned reports to meet most needs, but the inability to create custom queries and reports is a drawback."

All Emergency Reporting Reviews

Grant

So much easier than the way we use to do it.

We have had zero problems with the actual program. We have not done the training we should have on it at times and have had to figure out a few things on our own, but that is not because the training isn't available. Overall we are extremely happy with the product and service we have been provided. It makes us a much more effective department. Our insurance agents love us because of the speed of the reports and all the information they contain. Being able to send them a link to the report lets them print off the pictures full size in color versus us printing them off with our old black and white printer with 8 on one page. They love it!

Pros

The ease of use is top priority for our department. We used paper TEXFIRS previously, years ago, and have loved using Emergency Reporting for the past number of years. The entry portion is a little more involved than the paper was, but it is not burdensome once you do a few. The fact that we can store and retrieve so much information and files about a call is pretty amazing. Finding calls no longer involves boxes of paper, only a few strokes on the keyboard.

Cons

The technology is getting there. Mobile usability is getting better, but last I checked, you still cannot upload files from a tablet or phone. That would be a really great addition.

Steven

Excellent cloud based solution for fire service reporting.

Made an easy to use, cloud-based incident reporting solution a reality. Simple reporting and query building coupled with excellent software partners makes this an excellent fit for any fire department.

Pros

Emergency Reporting is extremely easy to use, intuitive and highly functional for our fire department. They are continuing to find quality business partners to enhance their software without losing sight of their core offering. The reporting is excellent and easy to use, and incorporates all the data sets we are looking for. We were previously with Fire House software, and we hated every aspect of that system. Emergency Reporting is a 1000% improvement!

Cons

The complexity of the NFIRS code is maddening, but that is not an issue with ER, that's an issue with our wonderful Federal government. A few times our incident reports have a "red" box indication incomplete data, and at times it is tough to figure out why. It could be more intuitive in the area by calling out the issue such as "your on-scene time is before your response time". When a box wont turn green it would nice to see a pop-up.

Christopher

Good not great

Overall, ok. I will start looking soon for anything else on the market that could be better.

Pros

Ease of use for most things, this program lacks so much though! Where is the ability to create reports? where is the ability to track inventory in the inventory slot, why doe most of that have to be done in maintenance?

Cons

No training, seems like an unfinished product. Why do different part look and interact differently? Because some parts are updated and work and others don't?

Blake

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Great Company to Work With, Minor Flaws.

Other than the problem listed in the cons, which I find to be a quite annoying, yet minor flaw, Emergency Reporting works well and is very versatile. It takes many different software applications and puts them into one easy to use website.

Pros

This software is some of the easiest to work with that my department has had. Everything is well organized and easy to teach to any newcomers. All it takes is one person who knows how to handle the software and then it can just spread from there. It has many functions other than just the reporting software as it will also track maintenance, training, certifications, inspections, and much more.

Cons

My biggest gripe about Emergency Reporting is that there isn't a section for vehicle information in the reporting section of it. This makes it extremely difficult when doing a report for a motor vehicle crash or fire where the information is necessary but you have to either make your own specific sections for it or just add it to the narrative. I would also like to see a mobile app developed for the reporting side as this would be better to use for departments such as mine that has iPads.

Todd

Fire Dept

Pros

1. Support - I like that when I need help, ER staff gets back to me usually within 24 hours. They are available via chat, email, and phone. Support for the fire reporting system we used before would take 48-72 hours to get back with us and usually couldn't give the needed assistance. 2. Learning the system - there are many ways to learn the ER system. Using the support system, there are links to webinars and other training materials. ER staff is willing to take time to make sure that users learn how to maneuver in the system. Awesome! 3. Upgrades - the system is constantly being upgraded based on recommendations by the users to make it better. Entry and tracking of apparatus, staff, and equipment is made easier using the ER system. 4. Easy to use on a tablet allowing for reports to be entered while on emergency scenes and can access the system wherever we go.

Cons

pro/con - so many reports that finding the right one may take some time. need to learn how to make my own report(s) and have them specialized.

Bo

Great Product with a Great Support Team

Emergency Reporting has allowed the department to consolidate many different applications in to one easy to use system. There were a few struggles early on due to Emergency Reporting having some compatibility issues with a larger fire department, but the company's great support team immediately began correcting the issues. The reporting features of Emergency Reporting have allowed the department to track performance faster, more efficiently, and more easily.

Pros

Emergency Reporting is a robust system recording everything from incident, occupancy, inventory, and maintenance in a very easy to use application. The support staff for Emergency Reporting is incredible, and treats their customers like family.

Cons

Initially, the security settings for Emergency Reporting were not granular enough to be able to tailor different experiences for different user levels. This was very challenging for a larger, metropolitan department. However, the team at Emergency Reporting immediately began working to correct issues that our department was having.

Jim

User Friendly and Outstanding Customer Support

I regularly utilize ERS Support, especially when we were setting up our system. They were always responsive with chat, email, and phone support. I have attended 2 conferences (highly recommended for the new user) and can tell that each and every employee of ERS is very invested in seeing the end users succeed.

Pros

Several items stand out about ERS and their software. When we first started our subscription, the setup was very straight forward on the administrative end. There are many helpful articles and videos that ease the transition from whatever software package you may have used in the past. The software is intuitive for the casual user, with many modules featured that you would find elsewhere.

Cons

On the administrative end, I miss the ability to create my own reports and queries without converting data to excel (I had this feature previously). I also miss the Autotask feature (reports would run themselves daily/weekly/monthly, etc) that I had with my previous vendor.

William

Fire Package review

Overall my department has enjoyed being able to pull statistics any time they are needed from any location. The reports that are included make reporting to the district's board of directors easy and gives them an excellent picture of how we deliver services.

Pros

I like not having to host the program locally. While still adhering to industry standards for security and tracking the program can be accessed from anywhere you have an internet connection. This feature makes it especially powerful.

Cons

As with any software designed to be used by a multitude of agencies the ability to make minor changes to look and feel must go through the normal process of review and validation among all users. It would also be nice to put together some custom reports without going through the formal process.

Timothy

Rural EMS

ERS generates statistics and reports that are complete and easy to follow, when the Hospital Board askes for information, I print out the relevent report and submit it, it's just that easy.

Pros

Emergency Reporting is the one program that does it all for us. We are a small rural hospital based EMS agency, our dispatch center is 60 miles away. We cover close to 1000 square miles of ocean front, back country, logging sites, rivers and communities. Emergency Reporting has us on our way, tracks our vehicle usage, and the EMS packet tracks calls, procedures, meds, mileage you name it, not to mention a comprehensice EPCR.

Cons

The date format is different on different pages, some you must put in the /, others its automatic.

Kevin

Rock Hill Fire-EMS

We switched from a different vendor when the lack of support became to much to deal with. My crews were able to learn the reporting software very quickly and loved the fact that you could move forward and backwards without losing data. We use many of the different feature at our fire dept. and it has helped the captains to be extremely efficient with their time. It doesn't take any time to put in an incident report and they're back with their crew in just a few minutes. We will be a long term customer of ER.

Pros

The ease of use was one of the biggest reasons we went with ER.

Cons

It's hard to say it's a con but the amount of reports that you can generate is tremendous, especially for admin when dealing with city government.

Samuel

Best Records Management System

I have been using software for about 8 years among several departments.

Pros

Cons

A couple of the modules need to be worked on but, they are always attempting to make the software work better for all the users.

Greg

Reporting Made Easy!

Our overall experience with emergency reporting has been nothing but good. This software is so much better than other reporting software we have tried in the past.

Pros

This software integrates with our other software and systems and has decreased our time required for completing reports by half or less. I cannot say enough about how much this software has helped with our reporting.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of any cons at all but I am required to say something so I guess it would be that fact that the software is not free.

Reasons for switching to Emergency Reporting

Because the other software turned out to be very costly and very very user unfriendly

Jerry

Industry: Public Safety

This is a great product and the customer service is amazing!

The customer service provided by Emergency Reporting and their entire team is AMAZING, and probably the best that I have ever experienced from a company. No matter how I contact them (call, email, or the live chat feature on the Support page) their qualified staff is always friendly, patient, and eager to help. Additionally, their responses and updates to my questions have always been prompt and consistent. Thank you ER Support Team. You are Awesome!

Pros

Emergency Reporting offers our fire department a user-friendly, functional, and flexible platform. Also, the customer service is outstanding.

Cons

I don't have any dislikes about the software.

Anthony

Industry: Public Safety

Best Reporting System ever!

The reporting section in ERS allows us to develop reports in seconds that used to take hours. ERS also integrates well with our Streetwise MDT system and this has reduced the time it takes to complete reports.

Pros

This is a comprehensive software system for a Fire or EMS service. This software has nearly 0 downtime reliability along with a modular system that allows you to use as much or as little as you need for your department.

Cons

We would like to be able to get some custom reports without having to ask for it to be developed as well as the expense involved.

Doug

South Padre Island Review

Tracking performance measures is the most important. Secondly, use as a NFIRS platform is required. As a fire department, we are required to provide incident reports to the State of Texas. Emergency Reporting fills that requirement.

Pros

It is easy to use and compatible with most RMS/CAD systems. I wish I had more time to play with it. As it is, I have an officer assigned to being the SME on its use.

Cons

It will cost me $$$ each year to achieve a link with my current CAD. Since we are planning on replacing our CAD, It makes no sense to spend that money now.

Randy