What are PCS TMS users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using PCS TMS software through verified user reviews

• icon"The vast amount of features are great. Can get overwhelming at times but integrations with quick books and ELD providers is neat."
  • icon"The staff is very nice and always happy to help."
  • icon"I like that it is easy to use, somewhat customizable, and customer service is very helpful. It was easy to integrate and get started quickly."
  • icon"Sometimes very complicated how to change my errors as I am new to this job and learned alot at once."
  • icon"Hard to use multiple windows at once. Only lets you sometimes do one at a time."
  • icon"Sometimes the PCmiler portion is incorrect and miles disappear upon dispatching."

Browse all PCS TMS Reviews

• Have you used PCS TMS and would like to share your experience with others?

Almedina

September 2022

PCS makes our job easier!

Very satisfied!

Pros

I personally use Dispatch, Lists and Fleet the most. It's very easy to use.

Cons

I would like if you can add a search button under driver, so we can search it by the year. Sometimes if I want to see what drivers worked here last year or the year before, I need to go one by one to get this info.

Reasons for choosing PCS TMS

I worked in the company and they used PCS. When I started working here I suggested them to use PCS and here we go, we are using PCS for years by now.

PCS is much easier.

Keith

PCS is Awesome

I have been using PCS Express for over 6 years and it has allowed our business to grow and enabled us to work from home when needed. Their support is second to none and the on demand training videos are great. The integration with our partners was seamless.

Pros

Ease of Use, Training is Top Notch and On Demand, Support is Fast, Cloud Based to use anywhere with an Internet Connection, 100% up time in 6+ years, Accounting in Software so no need for outside solution, Endless detailed Reporting, Integrates with Omnitracs ELD System, Integrates with EFS Fuel Platform, HR Management, Equipment Management. This software is such a great solution for us as an asset based Trucking Company.

Cons

I have no complaints about this software. They are constantly improving and adding relevant features.

Reasons for choosing PCS TMS

Ease of use, price point, Accounting built in, Integration with Omnitracs and EFS Fuel System

Reasons for switching to PCS TMS

Ease of use and has accounting built in. Integration with Omnitracs and Fuel Cards.

Response from PCS Software

Hi Keith. Your review is very much appreciated. Thank you for using PCS Software to help grow your business!

Replied September 2020

Gary

September 2022

So close but not a good solution for smaller trucking companies. Functional at a very basic level.

Is is functional at a very basic level. We can survive with a lot of work around procedures.

Pros

Dispatch management works as good as any TMS we reviewed during our search for a TMS system. Their support is good at providing work around procedures for software shortcomings. Uptime is 100% in our experience.

Cons

Not good for small company. We were looking for an all in one solution for accounting, payroll, fleet tracking, driver administration and fleet maintenance. Payroll is clunky and incredibly inflexible. The promised integration with Keep Trucking/Motive is very hit or miss which makes their fleet tracking unusable. Web Site API links start failing over time. Time off tracking module is a joke. It is like no one in their development team ever worked for a trucking company with less than 1000 trucks. Their primary focus tends to be developing new features instead of fixing the glaring shortcomings of existing functions. PCS advertises many features that, if they worked properly, would make for a great TMS.

Reasons for switching to PCS TMS

We wanted more of a one stop shop for our TMS than Transport Pro could provide.

Reena

Pro and Cons

I am satisfied overall

Pros

It is easy to teach to the new employees.

Cons

Firstly, there isn't an app to monitor the loads and do billing on the go. Secondly, it is not available on macOS.

Response from PCS Software

Thank you for providing feedback, Reena. We'll be adding more and enhanced capabilities in the Mobile Express app. We appreciate your business and will continue to invest in the platform to meet and exceed your expectations.

Ezequias

April 2022

Great TMS product for small to mid size trucking company

Good

Pros

Data track very easy. Can pull up multiple reports.

Cons

Hard to get a full report of all expenses each truck has.

Better product

Reasons for switching to PCS TMS

Needed something that could handle everything we do.

Wesley

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

August 2022

Good option for our fleet

Overall we are satisfied with PCS. Support issues are generally resolved in a timely manner.

Pros

Express is an all-in-one platform from dispatch to invoicing.

Cons

API integrations with other providers is hit or miss. We were not able to provide real-time GPS updates for some of our larger brokers, so we have to rely solely on our ELD platform to do that.

Reasons for choosing PCS TMS

Cloud based and subscription based

Ryan

September 2022

Easy to use, forgiving program.

Overall, pretty good. Wish they were a little less expensive but I know with this inflation under the Biden administration has hurt a lot of us.

Pros

The program allows you to make mistakes, after all we are human. Other software makes you do a lot of work to change something once you input it. PCS Does not. The check cutting, billing and scanning are easy to use as well.

Cons

Raised prices a while back and it costs A LOT more than it had prior.

Clarissia

Great for business growth

Ease of use is awesome and the Integration with Omnitracs and EFS Fuel System is a plus

Pros

This software has allowed our business to grow and fluctuate with the company needs. Also it enabled our employees to work from home when needed. Great for asset building trucking companies such as ours.

Cons

Actually have no complaints. This software has everything I need

Leonard

My Experience Using PCS Every Day

Pros

Very easy to use. Also very easy to train new employees to use.

Cons

I don't have a 'least like' feature about this software.

Jheri

PCS TMS Review

Overall, the experience has been great.

Pros

The PCS TMS is user friendly to manage the burdens of fleet management, regulatory compliance, personnel, owner-opertors, and accounting needs.

Cons

I don't know that there is one thing that I least about the software - if I had to ask for an improvement it would be - could I see the entire balance in the checking account when I open the account register instead of just the dollars amount.

Reasons for choosing PCS TMS

Highway Haulers, Inc. chose PCS TMS because of the total integration allowing us to recognize efficiencies by not renewing other software licenses.

Response from PCS Software

Hi Jheri, We are so happy PCS has helped your day to day operations. We strive to keep the experience excellent! Your review means the world to us!

Replied June 2021

Matt

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

The best TMS in the business

Pros

Ease of use and navigation. It is almost common sense. A new user could walk themselves through learning this TMS without a user guide.

Cons

The only con is not being able to run payables reports for pay others such as factoring companies. This is just a small con compared to the many pros of the product though.

Response from PCS Software

Matt, We appreciate your feedback and are ecstatic to hear that you are leveraging the platform well. I've passed your feedback over to our team. Thank you!

Replied March 2021

Charlie

Thumbs up review for PCS

No issues.

Pros

User friendly. Rarely every do we have break down issues.

Cons

Sometimes the cap-lock does not release.

Jason

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Good Trucking Software

We are happy with the product

Pros

I enjoy being able to track all facets of my business daily. I can run customizable reports and see how healthy my business is day to day.

Cons

I would like some features to be easier to use or info to flow between modules

Reasons for switching to PCS TMS

Needed a better software for our industry

Response from PCS Software

Hi Jason, thank you for taking the time to leave us an honest review on our platform. We value your feedback!

Replied October 2020

With over 2 years experience using PCS

PCS has stopped almost all double entry and tracking for my business. We can easily track all our assets and transactions.

Pros

PCS offers a complete accounting product with easy to use modules and ready to run reports for auditing and tracking your financial progress. Driver payroll works great, but best of all the fuel and escrow balances work so well behind the scene making things simple and reliable.

Cons

I used to use a premium accounting software that was separate from my dispatch software, but with PCS it's automatic with no double entry. If I have anything negative to say about the accounting and payroll, the payroll is too restrictive and limited. I use a payroll service whose tax computations never match PSC and therefore we have to make a journal entry to wash things out correctly. When I say limited, I'm referring to the number of fields allowed for additional pay like Bonus, Vacation, Holiday. If they all happen on the same payroll, I'm limited to only one selection.

Reasons for switching to PCS TMS

PCS stopped the double entry and added on-line access and I needed a more up-to-date product.

Response from PCS Software

Thank you for your feedback, we really do appreciate it!

Replied April 2022

Emerson

PCS Express helps to streamline

It's been a good experience the last few years. Without Express, we'd still be spending dozens of hours weekly just typing up invoices within Quickbooks.

Pros

The biggest thing that we love about Express is the auto-rating features. It makes training new billing clerks a snap, because we don't have to show them the intricacies of each different customer. Further, we really enjoy the access to load information. You get back what you put in, so if you add all the information on a BOL, it means you can easily search for that information when you really need it.

Cons

It's not built for Canadian companies, and you have to manually add GST to each invoice which can get tedious.

Reasons for choosing PCS TMS

Better price point, better functionality, and the team seemed very committed to training us how to use the software properly.

Response from PCS Software

Hi Emerson, We are so happy to hear that PCS has been helping you over the last two years. I've passed your feedback to our developers. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts.

Replied March 2021

Patrick

Fast, Robust, Dynamic

Excellent hands on training and dedication by the PCS team to train our employees on the best practices and provide tools to utilize the system in order to reduce manual labor and admin work.

Pros

PCS has been a wonderful platform to work with. The training is robust with a lot of hand on videos and webinars. The roadmap shows that PCS is determined to continue to enhance the software to meet the needs of the industry. We enjoy the security and reliability of a cloud base system and the price point meets our company needs.

Cons

If for some reason the software goes down, which is rare but can happen, the company is at a stand still and cannot jump to a backup on the fly.

Reasons for choosing PCS TMS

Fast, great layout and ease of use. Born in the cloud

Response from PCS Software

Patrick, Thank you so much for your thoughtful review. Very happy to hear your feedback!

Replied April 2021

Mitchell

PCS Software Review

The software is a must to operate a freight brokerage business. It allows us to operate and manage both the daily operations and the accounting operations. It is virtually two systems in one. We are pleased with PCS Software and would recommend them to potential new customers.

Pros

We like the accounting feature that is built into the software. It make accounting pretty seamless. We like the ease of creating dispatch loads and updating the system regarding pickups and deliveries. This software is very straight forward and easy to use. PCS will train you to use the software too and answer your questions. We have used PCS for over ten years and are please with it.

Cons

We do not feel that there are any cons or things we do not like. One reason is because throughout the years PCS has updated it's technology moving forward in time. The system is a great fit for our freight brokerage business. It was a pretty smooth transition.

Reasons for choosing PCS TMS

We choose for two reasons. One, the operations and accounting were both inter mingled in the software and two the price was reasonable and fair. There was less cost involved when looking at other products at that point in time.

PCS for Carriers (Trucking Business)

Relaying on my experince, I would have to say that PCS can be a part of Trucking Business with its accurancy, clearness, easy to access all neccessary files or get them in a very short time.

Pros

Driver Payroll layout I liked most, because you can use it for 1099 and other purpose. That's most important thisng in trucking at the end of year calculation taxation.

Cons

There is not feature I disliked so far. But I have a recommendation, if you want to generate one driver's working period of 1-3 months you have to open each Payroll Batch one by one. What I am going to say is that feature should be reviewed that user can generate one driver's full settlement in single tab or option etc.

Reasons for choosing PCS TMS

We did a lot of researches using other TMS softwares, and in the final we got PCS and found that is most reliable software for Trucking Business Industry.

Response from PCS Software

We're so happy Sayram is apart of the PCS family! Thank you so much for your feedback John. Regarding driver settlements -- we will pass your feedback to our development team.

Replied May 2021

Darian

Excellent Software

Overall the experience is excellent.

Pros

Ease of use, all in one transportation software solution.

Cons

Freezes at times when billing or using multiple screens, dual monitor view is iffy.

Price and features

Outgrew ITS

Response from PCS Software

Thank you, Darian. We appreciate your business and are grateful for your feedback. Your feedback will be shared with engineering as well. Thanks!

Monica

All in one Transportation tools

We have been with PCS since mid 2014 and do not plan on changing.

Pros

Everyone is able to see all load information without having to wait for someone to provide you any information.

Cons

Sometimes too much information can be overwhelming. So many resources, sometimes is hard to know which one to look into.

Reasons for switching to PCS TMS

Needed something specific for trucking.

Response from PCS Software

Thank you Monica for the great feedback. Glad we are working together!

Replied December 2021

Mobile Express

Pros

It has integration with most of vendors. Automaticaly deducting fuel usage.Tracking through KT ELD. PC miler integration. Best thing is free mobile app through which we dispatch loads to drivers. Not sending rate cons and exchanging lots of emails. One click and driver has all the info.

Cons

Software is very complext, therefore of course lot of fetures that makes it bit harder to use when first start.Eventualy we got most out of it, and proved to be better then ones we used before.

Response from PCS Software

Mark, We LOVE that you are using Mobile Express to dispatch. Thank you for your thoughtful review. If we can help you get even more out of our system, please let me know! Feel free to reach out to me directly at talal.salameh@pcssoft.com.

Replied May 2021

Louis

Love PCS!

Enjoy how system integrates our Operations and Accounting silo's. Always someone helpful available to assist

Pros

Integration with other vendors, billing and AP

Cons

Payroll - would be nice if we could see integration with payroll service provider

Reasons for choosing PCS TMS

Web based solution integrating all areas of our business

Reasons for switching to PCS TMS

Web-based, functional across all areas of our business

Jason

Great product!

I am overall very pleased with PCS. It is efficient to view both loads on the schedule and loads currently in progress. The Fleet and Accounting functions are also easy to learn and use.

Pros

Cons

It would be nice if there was a separate contact field to indicate who sent a specific order when dealing with customers that have many agents. It is also expensive per user license.

Options & functionality.

More options and speed.

Response from PCS Software

Jason your review means the world to us! We are so happy to hear that you've been using TMS Carrier Express and have found the system easy and efficient to use. Regarding your comment about sperate contact field, please reach out to our team. We would love to hear how this feature could help your day to day. -PCS

Replied July 2021

Emrakh

Will keep your business in control

Business is running smoothly and growing.

Pros

Easy to keep track of everything and manage all driver.

Cons

Difficult to learn everything. So much piled in to each tab.

For a better product.

Response from PCS Software

Thank you, Emrakh. Thanks for choosing PCS and for taking the time to share your feedback. We continue to invest in the platform and aim to improve your experience. Thanks!

Cyndi

They do an excellent job...all staff is very satisfied.

Our old software was 2 different programs & they did not talk to each other so fleet maintenance had to be manually input into the other program this one handles all aspects of running a trucking company.

Pros

All features of this software are great Dispatch & Accounting & Fleet maintenance. It is very user friendly. It was a very easy transition when we bought the software.

Cons

We have been using this software for years & they keep improving it so we have not found anything we don't like about this software.

Response from PCS Software

Hi Cyndi, thank you for taking the time to leave us an honest review on our platform. We value your feedback. Stay tuned for more enhancements!

Replied October 2020