FleetLocate

FleetLocate Reviews

RATING:

Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"Ease of use, Phone app works very similar to the desk top version. Reasonable and quick return of investment."
  • icon"I like that I'm able to track and assist drivers of the fleet to better our service."
  • icon"The portal is extremely easy to use and set up vehicles, geofences and run mileage reports."
  • icon"I don't like some of the reports. I was a little confused and I had to call tech support to set up the reports."
  • icon"Something happens and we stop getting alerts. Sometimes vehicles stop tracking."
  • icon"I don't know if this is a problem with software, but there are times when FleetLocate can't tell me exactly where our trucks are. It will only give the street name and city or just the city."

Have you used FleetLocate and would like to share your experience with others?

All FleetLocate Reviews

Industry: Wholesale

Very satisfied

Easy to use.

Pros

Cons

I would like to see the weather as an overlay. Currently I have to run another program and switch back and forth to see related weather.

Reasons for choosing FleetLocate

Price and features in the app.

Reasons for switching to FleetLocate

Previous product had terrible customer service, it took days to get a return call. Hardware was inadequate and of poor design. Pinging intervals were too long and not adjustable.

Candace

Last Fleet Tracking system you will ever buy.

I have to say I have yet to have a negative experience. Our company maybe small but we are treated as if we where the biggest company around. Sprint and Fleetlocate have always gone above and beyond to take care of any issues we have ever had.

Pros

I like the 15 second tracking. Its a big help when we have a driver lost or a customer calls in wanting an ETA. The other benefit is we can route them if the traffic is backed up. I like we can send them messages through the tablets to receive their next job. I am a big fan of the HOS. The tablet are user friendly and the drivers picked up using the program with minimal training. I also am a big fan of the alerts. I have used those as training to improve safety and the driving habits of our drivers.

Cons

I am not fond of some of the report formats. I wish they were a little more user friendly, some of them don't make since or isn't what I am needing . The only other Con I have is with the PTO On/Off. I don't think it was ever set up correctly. But other than that I love the program.

Reasons for choosing FleetLocate

I would have to say the main reason was the ease of use of the software. And the great customer service that we get from our sales representatives the Solutions Engineer. Their service alone speaks volumes of why I will not go to another company for our tracking solutions.

Reasons for switching to FleetLocate

I would chalk it up to poor customer service and promises not kept.

Quality for your dollar

With the use of FleetLocate program we are able to track our equipment more effectively and cost efficiently. It is a fuel saver if we see drivers speeding or taking out of route miles to a specific destination. Overall a savings in our overhead and can only hope that they upgrade the software to include better service, then what we are having now. Customer Service is fast to assist and respond to our needs as a company.

Pros

The best part of this software is the Asset tracking on a 3 second update. This feature gives our dispatchers the ability to literally direct lost drivers to their destination block by block. Another great feature is traffic on major highways and roads. This helps our drivers take alternate routes to prevent any kind of delay of our shipment.

Cons

The Tractor vs Trailer tracking is in two different windows. In order to identify the trailer that any driver may have, we have to leave one screen and go to another that tracks just trailers. It is also only updated every 15 minutes vs 3 seconds on the tractors.

JERMAN

Need more features

I use Fleet Locate for every day use for our Driver. We use them to locate our trucks and track drivers hours of services

Pros

Software is pretty much simple to use once you get the hang of it.

Cons

On the GPS side, is NOT 100% accurate on location. There accuracy is about 90%

Reasons for choosing FleetLocate

Pricing and a bit easier software to use.

Julian

Industry: Utilities

CSL Services INC uses Fleetlocate

Csl Services has incorporated this software into our daily business practices. It is a valuable tool that assists us in delivering a quality product to our customers.

Pros

In the years that we have been utilizing this software, we have continued to find more ways to where it benefits us in our day to day operation. We purchased it originally just to know where our vehicle assets were at all times. We now use it to help our analyst assist our techs in locating sites; we use it to investigate accidents; We use it at times to route our drivers; we use it as part of our driver safety program; and we use it to help track our techs productivity and efficiency.

Cons

Our company could have learned the additional benefits earlier had we scheduled an official training for all who use it, at the time of purchase.

Reasons for choosing FleetLocate

This product was recommending by one of our clients at the time we were shopping arounf for this service.

Justin

Industry: Translation and Localization

Point and Click

My overall experience with Spireon is a 10 the base customer service team is amazing and very easy to talk to. My coworkers and myself don't feel like we are being talked down to when we call in to ask questions. Everyone tries to make sure issues are solved in a one call resolution.

Pros

I like that everything is open and easy to find. This is the first website that anyone can look and figure out. It truly doesn't need a bunch of explaining or training. The ease to change information on alerts and reports is perfect and so helpful.

Cons

I think they could add in more notation areas to the maintenance so more notes could be added. Having a better system to send information to drivers would be so helpful to our dispatching team. An app like their shift app but just for driver dispatch would be amazing.

Jeremy

Industry: Facilities Services

Very functional, does a great job

The service works for what we need. Technicians use it to help track their time/locations in the field and my managers use it to help verify the same.

Pros

Customizable, i can allow specific access to the individuals i want to have it

Cons

Too many inaccuracies with the speed alerts, (wrong speed for road actually traveled) positioning seems to jump around occasionally or drops out altogether. Real time tracking is very sporadic - why can i track my kid's phone with a free app constantly while i only get updates every few minutes for a service i pay for specifically for that use?

Lorri

We're very happy with FleetLocate and with their customer service. I've only had to all them twice (and not because of a problem we were experiencing with the software or equipment), but both times the representative was very friendly and efficient.

Pros

Easy to customize Lots of different reports to choose from Excellent price

Reasons for choosing FleetLocate

I chose FleetLocate because it works with our Sprint mobile network, and we are really pleased with both.

Eric

Fleet Locate

I've found that it is an invaluable tool to our operation for managing trailer pools to seeing if trailers are empty or loaded.

Pros

functionality, location set up via geofencing, reporting

Cons

general speed sit operates is a tad slow

Billie

Great Tracking Tool

Overall seems to be ok

Pros

I like that I can see where my technicians are at any time of the day.

Cons

It goes down to often for my liking. Something happens and we stop getting alerts. Sometimes vehicles stop tracking.

Reasons for choosing FleetLocate

I didn't look into other options at the time

Elena

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Spireon has been very beneficial

Pros

Keeping track of your fleet has never been easier! We get real time alerts of where each of our vehicles is located and it also helps a lot when customers are deputing whether or not we have been at site on a certain date.

Cons

The only downfall that I could think of is the fact that it keeps data only for the last 6 months. It has occurred a couple of times when I've needed to research something further back in time and had to call customer service, and they charge you a sizable fee to go back.

Matt

Easy set up & reduces costs

We have reduced off route driving in our company vehicles.

Pros

Cons

I don't have any. Scheduled repeating reports would be great!

Cost

Cost & ease of installation

Damon

Industry: Facilities Services

Fleet Manager

Communication to customers, directing drivers to locations, monitoring driving habits and streamlining drive time has been a great benefit by using fleetlocate.

Pros

Cons

Lag time can be off but it's not too big of a problem.

Sandra

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Great Fleet Tracking

The ease of installation and the cost made me give great ratings. I highly recommend.

Pros

The software is very user friendly. The price was in my budget.

Cons

There is nothing that I don’t like about the software.

Reasons for choosing FleetLocate

I was referred by a fellow business owner. My drivers we able to remove the device and it was suggested to use FleetLocate.

Cost

Juan

FLEET AND SPRINT

MY FLEET OF VANS ARE ALWAYS IN TUNE, I KNOW WHEN AND WHERE THEY ARE.

Pros

SIMPLE TO USE AND VERY CONVENIENT, LOTS OF DIFFERENT AMENITIES.

Cons

TO LEARN YOU MUST CALL FOR SUPPORT, BUT ONCE YOU DO CALL , IT'S SIMPLE