Fleetsoft

Fleetsoft Reviews

RATING:

• icon"How easy it is to find the history of a piece of equipment and parts used."
  • icon"The Software is very user friendly compared to several other of the competitors."
  • icon"For over 17 years of using this software it has never failed us. I still have the very first day of information inputted."
  • icon"The only problem we encountered was the inability to turn off preventative maintenance scheduling for the weekends as the shop guys don't work outside of Monday-Friday."
  • icon"Cannot set customizable fields globally for the fleet. Character space allowed is too limited in some instances."
  • icon"My biggest complaint against the software is the fact that it is limited to one label printer brand and size."

All Fleetsoft Reviews

Donald

Good System for Fleet Tracking

Overall we are satisfied with the software and it's performance. We went from a hand written RO system to Fleetsoft and are now able to fleet metrics with the click of a few buttons. I'm sure over time Fleetsoft will continue to modify and add new features as well as improve on existing one. If you are looking to get started with a software, you should seriously consider Fleetsoft.

Pros

The software is relatively easy to learn and use. The VIN decoder does a nice job of giving you vehicle specs with the click of a button. Support has been very responsive and get back to me within a few hours for most questions. The phone support has been top notch. The PM tracker does a nice job of letting you know what is coming due for service. It tells you how many hours/days away from or over due the service is.

Cons

For online hosting, the reporting module needs interact with a spreadsheet program (ie. Open Office) for the purposes of being able to further drill down into fleet metrics. The documentation needs to be updated and go into more depth for some of the features. The technician time tracker to log into and out of repair orders needs some improvement.

Response from FleetSoft

Donald, Thank you for your review of Fleetsoft. We are pleased to hear that you are enjoying the software. We just came out with a new release and hope you have seen all of the updates! If you ever need assistance with the reports, please contact us at 800-980-2555 and we can assist you. Thanks! The Fleetsoft Team

Replied January 2019

Transportation Parts and Inventory Manager

Since using FleetSoft we are able to centralize all of our vehicle and fuel data. This makes things much easier when making data driven decisions.

Pros

FleetSoft is primarily a fleet maintenance software. They don't have other modules such as routing. It's comforting to know that FleetSoft is focusing on continually developing and updating their product and incorporating new technologies.

Cons

Most of the software is user friendly and customize able. One place that could use improvement is with custom work orders. Each company/shop has different work flows and to have the ability to customize the work orders a bit more would be beneficial to all FleetSoft users.

Response from FleetSoft

Thank you for your review. In version 11.0, we now have the ability to integrate seamlessly with 3rd party GPS/Telematic and routing software such as Zonar, Synovia, OnCommand Connection and others. If you would like more information about this, please call our sales team at 800-980-2555 and we can show you a demonstration. We are looking into the ability to customize our reports including the work order and purchase order forms in the next release.

Eric

qualifying review

The guy that supposed to be helping me get started and do training won't return my text, calls, or emails. Other companies offer mobile apps that are user friendly. On the main page, when a technician logs on to see their assigned work order they need to see the necessary information in front of them. Such as: Vehicle Number, Mileage, and Most Importantly the Complaint or The Reason they are being assigned to work on the vehicle. But instead they have to click on this or that in order to see that information.

Pros

Reported Issues and The options to turn on/off features for different users.

Cons

Not mobile friendly and not user friendly in my opinion.

Tom

The Best & The Only!

The company is very willing to help us with what ever we need. Years ago their engineer would stop by the shop on regular basis to make sure everything was running correctly.

Pros

It works and it works very well! We track parts inventory, daily inventory reordering, repair orders and vehicle units. State Inspections and Vehicle Maintenance PM are tracked, flagged, then given us a reminder when there are do. This product has made it very simple for us. For over 17 years of using this software it has never failed us. I still have the very first day of information inputted. What else can be said.....

Cons

Besides a few little tweaks in the inventory side, for our operation we do not have any quirks about the software.

Response from FleetSoft

Thank you so much Tom for your awesome review! We are happy that you have been a longtime user and still getting everything you need from the software!! Fleetsoft Team

Replied August 2019

Kiel

Tracking Fleet Maintenance made simple

My parts are easy to track from purchase to install. My maintenance is organized and timely.

Pros

I can keep on track of scheduled oil changes and preventive maintenance when they come do. Saves on down time when they are done on time. I can see at any given time when the fleet is coming up on a service with just a click of a key. I can see what parts are used more then others and predict failures before they happen. I use only about 50% of the program, but that's all I need in my shop.

Cons

I haven't really run into anything that I dislike, in time I may find something, but I only have been using this software since 2007.

Response from FleetSoft

Thank you for taking the time to review Fleetsoft! The preventative maintenance is a key feature of the software that we know saves fleets a lot of time and money. If you ever need assistance learning about the other features, please give us a call at 800-980-2555.

Phil

Good product

Overall we are very happy with the product. It is very stable and covers all the needs we have for a inventory and billing product. It is very easy to use and not over complicated.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use and how and how easy it is to set up to our specific needs. I also like how they keep making good improvements to the product. They don’t make changes just to make changes. Very good product and service!

Cons

I the one thing I don’t like is that I can’t identify parts to each job step. When my customers get a bill it just shows the labor section and the parts section with all the parts grouped together. It would be helpful to identify what parts go to the specific job step

Reasons for choosing Fleetsoft

It looked easy to use from their demos on line and didn’t not disappoint

Adam

Fleetsoft Maintenance Program

The experience has been good. The parts are more organized making the shop profitability and proficiency above and beyond of what was expected when the program was introduced three years ago. The more time you use the program the easier it gets. I only am able to use it 2-3 times a week now because of being short staffed, so I need to be in the shop to help work on equipment.

Pros

The ease of keeping track of parts and upcoming services due for the fleet. The entire fleet listing is also nice to be at my finger tips vs. having paper sheets that are constantly being lost. I can also make bills for services or parts being bought by outside sources, this saves time for our office on looking up the parts/prices.

Cons

Trying to navigate and figure out the use of the program. This might be better if I had more daily time that I can use the program. I would not let this from buying the program because there are many positives to out weigh the cons.

Response from FleetSoft

Thank you Adam for your review! We are so happy that Fleetsoft is saving you time and money! Please contact if you ever have questions or need additional training on the program, you can reach us at 800-980-2555.

Vinny

Invaluable Tool for Fleets

Keeping records and updated dates of all of our fleet vehicles is a Herculean task. FleetSoft has made it much easier and organised.

Pros

This software succeeds at meeting the customer or end users needs. There is a noticeable difference in this software. You can tell that there is an ongoing collaboration from the needs of the people using the software to help direct the changes for the better.

Cons

Little more detail in search options and sorting options in different screens and reports.

Response from FleetSoft

Vinny, thank you so much for your positive review of Fleetsoft! We are always pleased to hear that our software is making work easier for our customers. If you ever have any questions about the search options or sorting, please give us a call at 800-980-2555.

Christopher

Galleher-Corporation appreciation review

Pros

What we like most is how simple the system is to use.. Since the day we signed up with Fleetsoft we have been nothing but happy with the software and service from your product and team.

Cons

The only complaint that I would have is the parts charge out on the work orders. It will not default to the last vendor purchased from... I'm sure it just a click to fix.. But other than tha it's the best!!! P.S. Gave a big shout out on your Facebook page as well.. Thanks

Response from FleetSoft

Christopher, thank you so much for your positive review of Fleetsoft here and and social media!! We appreciate your business and customers like you make us excited to share the product with more companies in many different industries!! Thanks again!!

Jason

Very good program for fleet maintenance

Pros

The fact that you can do most of what higher priced programs will do for a fraction of the cost and Fleetsoft will work with you on your needs to customize for your company also they use customer feedback for updates!

Cons

The reporting is hard to configure but seems to be fully customizable

Response from FleetSoft

Jason, Thank you for your review! We are so glad the software is affordable and beneficial to your company. We can assist you with generating reports, so please give us a call at 800-955-2880 so that we can make this process easier for you! Fleetsoft Staff

Replied December 2018

corey

good and bad

I have mixed feelings about it and I really don't know how to explain it

Pros

what I do like is that it keeps track of everything and will throw up reminders in a repot I do enjoy that I can make a service routine of my own

Cons

up dating mileages is not so easy to enter every week. the printing option and email option is just annoying to use./

Response from FleetSoft

Corey, Thank you for your review of Fleetsoft! There are other ways to get your meter updates much faster into our software. If you have an existing GPS system any fuel system that already records your meters, we can importing the files and update the meters for your vehicles. Please contact us today at 800-980-2555 and we can assist you. Thank you again!

Replied October 2018

Kathleen

FleetSoft

We are still learning all of it's capabilities and have used it for the past 2 1/2 years. It has given us the ability to become more streamlined in our inventory and work order processes. As the next 6 months go by and then the next 6 I will have an even better feel for what it can and cannot do for us. I am very happy to have this software at our fingertips. Thank you!

Pros

Parts layout is well done. It has the ability to track the part in and out to the used source.

Cons

Would like to see more Accounting capabilities.

Response from FleetSoft

Thank you Kathleen for your review and we are happy you the software is working well for your company. If you have any questions about the accounting capabilities, please reach out to us at 800-980-2555!

Replied November 2018

The Best Maintenance Software Out There!

One of our goals was to consistently perform oil changes on a mileage and time basis. We have buses that have longer routes and some of our buses are spares and are driven only when needed. In the past, we used a calendar style method to to bring our buses in for services. Which works to a extent but we ended up changing oil too soon and sometimes too late for the mileage accrued. The same goes for parts. Overall, this software definitely does a great job of doing what we need.

Pros

I didn't first hand use the software, but my mechanics love the software. It lets them schedule preventative maintenance and the shop guys can also use the built in inventory system and it works great! We're utilizing the piggy back labels for in house inventory and it works great for when the shop mechanics go to use the labels to stick them onto work orders.

Reasons for switching to Fleetsoft

We definitely had a need to keep track of inventory, but beyond that this program offered the ability to schedule out maintenance and that was a big plus for us. We're not getting slammed anymore in the shop because we're able to properly schedule maintenance and make sure things are getting done in a timely manner.

Response from FleetSoft

Thank you, Andrew, for your awesome review! If you want the PM schedule to halt for a period of time, you can make it inactive and it will add the number of inactive days to the next scheduled date. This is done a lot in the summer months for school districts when the bus is not in service. Thank you for the feedback and appreciate your support! Call us if you need more assistance. Fleetsoft Team

Replied August 2019

Tom

Time Savor

Fleetsoft is a great time savor for us. We have been using this program since 2002. Everything ever inputted into this program is still there. Its simple and easy to train new employees. Most of all, it allows us to reduce our inventory with its automatic reorder system.

Pros

Product keeps track of fleet assets, inventory, and repairs.

Cons

I wish it could automatically do a system save daily at a set time.

Response from FleetSoft

Hi Tom, Thank you very much for your review of Fleetsoft! Our system does have a automatic backup feature that makes a backup once per day at any day or time the user sets it to. If you need assistance with this feature, please give us a call at 800-980-2555.

Replied November 2018

CRAIG

FLEETSOFT IN A PARTS INVENTORY SETTING

HAVE USED IT FOR MANY YEARS NOW. IT IS USER FRIENDLY. EASY TO REGULATE INVENTORY VALUE BY LOWERING QUANTITIES.YOU CAN TRACK ANY REPAIR OR PART USED AS FAR BACK AS THE RECORDS IN THE SOFTWARE.

Pros

EASY TO PERFORM DAILY PARTS IN AND OUT FUNCTIONS. EASY TO RESEARCH PARTS USED IN YOUR FLEET. EASY TO REORDER FROM REORDER REPORT.

Cons

HAS ALOT OF UPDATES. NORMALLY NO BIG DEAL, BUT MY INVENTORY IS ON IT SERVER, IT HAS TO DO UPDATE FIRST.

Response from FleetSoft

Thank you for your great review of Fleetsoft! We are happy that it is easy to use and track your inventory!

Jason