• Pros

• "Plug and play! Installation was a breeze and customer support is super!! They are all very friendly and quick to get an answer. The price is great for the value!"

• "This product has been great for us to use and the updates and ease of use are great."

• "It's user interface is very ease to get acquainted with and use on a daily basis. Reports are excellent also."

• Cons

• "The new app iOS version is good with great graphics but seems to have some loading and speed issues. "

• "Somewhat cumbersome to set up, but once you are learning it things flow fast."

• "On the app side, sometimes I need to refresh a couple times to get update data and it can be a little slow when refreshing. However, it might be a timing out issue which is understandable. "

Browse GPS Insight Reviews

Kendra from Wiese USA

Industry: Machinery

Daily user

I am a Service Coordinator/Dispatcher for a large forklift service company. I have customers that need immediate service and by utilizing the GPS tool, I can see what technician I have closest to the customer and be able provide a realistic arrival time.

Pros

The ease of use. I open it when I get in to the office and it stays open all day. I can dispatch a technician based on who is closet, which is my favorite feature of GPS Insight

Cons

When running a report based on days, it is hard to select the specific days you want without it highlighting a range. Could be a user issue. I would like to see a 'traffic' feature built in as real-time so I could re-route when needed.

Jeremy from ProQual Landscaping

One of the best out there!

This software is a crucial part to maintaining and tracking our most valuable assets.

Pros

There is an abundance of reporting features to take advantage of. You can view pretty much any detail about your vehicle you'd like. The part we like most though, is the support we get from our team. From our account manager, down to a support tech taking a call... everyone is eager to help and wants to please.

Cons

Everything has little cons here and little there and really there is no getting around it. Our Cons aren't anything we wouldn't experience with another service. We have some devices randomly stop working, typically they get a magical update and they are good to go! The ones that don't, get replaced and there is no issue. The biggest down side to us is being able to see which vehicle was at a specific time/location without having to export into a different program.

Response from GPS Insight

Replied December 2017

Thanks for your review Jeremy! We are glad to hear you are having such a positive experience with our solutions and greatly appreciate your feedback. We have forwarded your feedback to your Account Manager and they will be in touch to help, as you have the ability to view vehicle times and locations within our portal. Always here to help, GPS Insight.

Jaime from Amado trucking

GPS soution is ok, ELD is horrible

GPS Insight provides accurate vehicle tracking solution but falls short when it comes to ELD and in-dash cameras that other systems loffer. For the price it's ok. Technical support, the few times I reached out to them for problems with a few reports were not very helpful.

Pros

The GPS functionality is pretty good, especially the reporting capabilities and the open API which allows connection to other systems.

Cons

The ELD implementation was a complete failure due to hardware glitches and a software platform that we not ready for daily use. Drivers and our Dispatch team had a very difficult time understanding/using the system.

Michelle from Kachina Petroleum Equipment Company

Worst GPS System Ever

I can't wait until the contract is up so we can start dealing with a company that cares about their customers. GPS Insight is the most unprofessional company we had the misfortune of dealing with in several years.

Pros

Software is absolutely the worst, our trucks lose communication daily.

Cons

Tech support is always blaming the hardware installation, always wanting us to pull the truck off the road and trouble shoot the problem with them over the phone.

Response from GPS Insight

Replied August 2019

Michelle, Thank you for posting a review and we?re sorry to hear that your experience was not of the quality you expected. We work very hard to ensure our customers receive the best experience possible and we would like to help fix this situation. After a review of your organizations case notes, it appears that only 9 of your 22 vehicles had an installation verification, which we recommend to ensure that vehicles always report accurately. Your Customer Success Manager has been notified and will be in touch to help get your fleet back on track. Always here to help, GPS Insight

GPS Review

Overall, this software is the best I have worked with. Gives you complete picture of your fleet.

Pros

I love everything about this software. No Matter how big your fleet is or how small, this is a complete tracking software that is easy to use .

Cons

Learning it is the only negative I see, It would be great to watch videos of how things work. Sometimes I get lost when I am looking for a report to run.

Yelena from Salem Hospital

We use GPS for our 8 courier Employees coordinating medical pickups. We love it!

Being able to Keep track of employees while they are driving so we can coordinate medical pick ups with ease.

Pros

Being able to Have a SHARED whiteboard, as well as using Landmarks to find which vehicle is closest to locations. Also messaging is a great tool!

Cons

Having to Constantly REFRESH the current locations of vehicles. It would be nice to have it auto refresh every few seconds. Also the Messaging could be worked on a little more. Once a message is texted, it would be nice to have some sort of "delivered" and "opened" notification (similar to iMessaging on our Phones) sometimes we double send a message not knowing if it actually was sent or not.

Response from GPS Insight

Replied November 2017

Hi Yelena - thank you for taking the time for share your feedback. We are glad to hear you love our products! We have forwarded your concerns to our product and developments teams. Always here to help, GPS Insight

Spencer from Heads Up Landscape Contractors

Industry: Facilities Services

I use it for my fleet, I help install the units and do the tracking from the software.

I love the software, there hasn't been a time where I was disappointed in it. I've been using the software for about 5 years now and I think its a great program and that more people should be using it.

Pros

I enjoy using it. Its easy to get used to once you have figured out where everything is. I haven't learned everything on it yet but I learn new things about the software everyday that helps with our fleet in tracking.

Response from GPS Insight

Replied December 2017

Thank you for your review Spencer! We greatly appreciate your business and your feedback. We're so happy to hear that after 5 years you're still finding so much value in our solutions! Always Here to Help, GPS Insight

Edward from Harpoon Brewery

A reliable flexible experience.

Real time alerts, tracking, and reliable historical data

Pros

Good visibility and tracking of fleet. Very flexible customization with way points, alerts via SMS/email, etc. Use historical mapping for accident investigations, order delivery verification, etc.

Cons

Uninstalling and reinstalling the units when we upgraded trucks was a little bit of work but it's a once/7 year process so not that bad.

Response from GPS Insight

Replied December 2017

Thank you for your review Edward! We greatly appreciate your business and your feedback. Please don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of any assistance. Always Here to Help, GPS Insight

RENEE from Vineland board of education

Tracking

Its overall a good gps system because there are times when you can be trouble or hurt this system provides answers to get you help.

Pros

This is very useful if you have a break down or accident because the people in the office are able to locate where you are to send help.

Cons

The fact the the tracking is not always use to find the driver but it can be used to get a driver into trouble for being in a location.

Amos from Averitt Express

GPS Insight has been a very good company to work with.

Resource location and management.

Pros

Provides a high level of visibility to resources, ease of use within the portal and provides a very clear and understandable means of resource management.

Cons

There isn't anything in specific that can be pointed out at this time. GPSI has been very responsive to any suggestions or changes that have been pointed out to make the portal and it's equipment easy and responsive to use.

Response from GPS Insight

Replied December 2017

Thank you for your feedback Amos! We are glad to hear you are having such a positive experience with our solutions and greatly appreciate your feedback. Always here to help, GPS Insight

Kevin from EMCOR Mesa Energy Systems

Industry: Industrial Automation

Great software......and an incredible support team !Kudos to Al and his staff !

Your product has assisted our company on many levels including : reducing speeding , theft of our company vehicles , and reducing our at fault accidents by 10% over last year .

Pros

I like the fact that it is user friendly and that you can customize the vehicle reports .The data that I receive has been beneficial is assisting our company in reducing vehicle speeding occurences and accidents .

Cons

The only con for me is that sometimes the speeding violations are off due to drift .The vehicle mileage can sometimes be off as much as 2000 miles . I usually update or adjust the vehicle mileage when imputing the vehicle maintenance.

Response from GPS Insight

Replied January 2018

Thank you for your feedback Kevin! We are glad to hear you are having such a positive experience with our solutions and greatly appreciate your feedback. We always love to hear that we are able to help make a difference and help reduce accidents! Always here to help, GPS Insight

Krista from The Register Works

We have loved our entire experience with GPS insight!

GPS Insight saves me time and money by allowing me to dispatch faster without calling my techs in the field to find out where they are as well as track our time for our customers during jobs. It allows us to monitor proper vehicle maintenance schedules as well which saves money on potential maintenance issues.

Pros

The customer service has been great. The overall software is simple to use both on desktop and in the app. The price is beyond compare. The software integrates with our fuel cards making it simple to keep track of our overall gasoline expenses. It is fast, reliable, alerts make it possible to monitor our fleet with precision. I can quickly monitor all aspects of our fleet including maintenance scheduling.

Response from GPS Insight

Replied December 2017

Hi Krista - thank you for taking the time for share your feedback. We are glad to hear you love our products! Always here to help, GPS Insight

Liz from Lincoln County Highway

I am still learning this system. Fairly new to the county

Once I learn it in detail I do feel that it will expedite my work. I have only been with the company for 1 year and I have just recently been able to spend some time using the software. Even though I was able to update new employees on my own, I feel that I could use some more help with the learning.

Pros

It is easy to use and learn. This may be silly but I do like the fact that anytime I have to go back and find a route I can adjust the speed. I find that to be very helpful especially when I'm not able to spend a lot of time doing the research. Anytime we have called in for assistance everyone is very helpful. I was tickled that I figured out how to update new employees on my own.

Response from GPS Insight

Replied December 2017

Thanks for the great review Liz! We appreciate your business and are happy to hear you are having such a positive experience with our solutions. Always here to help, GPS Insight

Denissa from ABM

Good tracking, Easy and convenient usage

I can check on our vehicles at all times and verify timesheets with GPS.

Pros

Highlights for me, are the activity detailed report and the app on my phone. The report is easy to read and give lots of information. I love that I can click on the address in the report and it gives me a map of actually location and the landmarks in area. The app is also great, because I can check on our vehicles, even when I'm away from the office.

Cons

Response from GPS Insight

Replied December 2017

Thank you for your feedback Denissa! We greatly appreciate your business and your feedback. If we can ever assist in any way please don't hesitate to reach out. Always here to help, GPS Insight

Herman from 121 Inflight Catering

The best fleet tracking system I ever used.

I can track all my drivers every second of the day!

Pros

The best feature is creating geofences. Instant alerts are sent right away to my smartphone. Also alerts are sent for vehicle speeding, idling, and posted speed traffic violations. You can also check the odometer for each vehicle through the website.

Cons

Sometimes the screen will log out after inactivity. Once or twice the network will not work for a few hours. There is a few seconds delay while vehicles are moving but you have to upgrade the plan for real time monitoring. Some reports take a long time to generate based on how much activity has happened over the past few weeks.

Response from GPS Insight

Replied May 2017

Thank you for the feedback Herman! We are glad you find value in the product and thanks for the great ratings. Always here to help, GPS Insight

Dave from Smith & Nephew

Industry: Medical Devices

Very easy to use both on the desktop and the mobile app. I use this every day.

Pros

I love its ease of use. I use the software daily on both my desktop and the mobile app to track the progress of our driver. I love its real time visibility, love the function we have built in that tells us what has been dropped off / picked up. I also love the reporting that is available and its ability to be exported so I can dive into the data further.

Cons

The only con that I have with this software is I cannot determine the time it will take my driver to go from point A to point B. For example, if he is leaving a hospital and going to another I would like the ability to see how long it will take him. I see a function that will tell me time from the office to a location or vice versa but even that doesn't see to work. If that can be fixed or added in it would a great asset to us managing his day.

Response from GPS Insight

Replied May 2017

Thanks for the review Dave! We would be happy to discuss determining the time it will take for your driver to go from point A to point B. Please give your account manager a call. Again, thank you for the kind words. Always Here to Help, GPS Insight

BJ from JLBJ

Great

Pros

We can keep track of all of drivers, we have about 20 or so, so this comes in handy quite often. It will also track when the vehicle needs maintenance and will send alerts to me whenever there is something wrong with the vehicle.

Cons

More often than I would like, the trackers come undone and I have to call the drivers to unplug and plug it back in. We wanted it to be unknown but was not possible with the large plug in they use.

Response from GPS Insight

Replied May 2018

Thank you for your review BJ! We are glad to hear you are having such a positive experience with our solutions and greatly appreciate your feedback. Please give our support team call to remediate your device issue - that is an easy fix! Toll-Free 855-231-5567 (Press 2) Always here to help, GPS Insight

Ben from Flagger Force- Traffic Control Services

Very pleasant when I have had questions about the different functions.

Being able to track the trucks from my branch whether I'm doing investigations or routine checks, this systems has performed very well.

Pros

Easy to use and understand when I have to track the whereabouts of a vehicle that a complaint has been called in on, or tracking when a employee arrives to a site or is involved in an incident.

Cons

There are times where the system freezes our when the system goes out would prefer to receive an email about the issue instead on an email from the corporate office making me aware of the issue..

Response from GPS Insight

Replied May 2017

Thank you for the great review Ben! We love working with you and your company and look forward to many more years of success together. Please contact us to address any issues you have with the system. Always Here to Help, GPS Insight

Maddison from Larkin Landscaping

GPS INSIGHT for Landscaping

Everything about our experience with GPS insight has been awesome. We are a landscape company with 200+ clients, we have 4 trucks to take care of all the clients, and we needed a way to track when the crews got to the clients, how long they were there, and when they left. We needed something simple and user friendly. GPS insight called us and set up a meeting time to answer questions and they were so nice and answered all our questions plus more. We signed up and it was super affordable because we are renting their GPS's. GPS insight was super easy to set up, super easy to use, has so many features that are beneficial to a company, and is super affordable. I couldn't recommend them enough and get so excited talking about them because it was exactly what we needed and has completely exceeded our expectations. Thank you GPS Insight, we love you!

Pros

Easy to use, affordable, lots of information recorded, and easy to set everything up.

Tami from Haynes Mechanical Systems

GPS Insight - Making Us Look Good to our Customers

We are able to be efficient with getting the right tech to the right emergency when they arise during our days of business, saving money and customer frustration. We are able to use reports to prove when a tech has been on a location and how much time so should a customer question the amount of time being charged to them for service, we have proof, accomplishing our ability to receive full payment for time spent. We are also able to compare driving complaints to who is where and when to help techs recognize where courtesy might be a better option....

Pros

We have a huge fleet of vehicles and service a large area of Colorado. We have our customer locations set up within the information of this system, and by having current, up to the moment abilities to know where a tech is compared to where an urgent issue has come up for one of our valued customers is priceless for us. We are able to deliver a level of customer service that our customers appreciate greatly!

Cons

I don't necessary believe this to be a software issue, but besides us not being allowed to use your service without having to pay - also not a software issue by the way - I'd say that when a vehicle stops working in the system it can be a frustration. The only contributing factors to that issue arising though is low battery on the vehicle, or wiring coming loose....again...not a software issue.

Response from GPS Insight

Replied March 2019

Tami, Thank you for your review! We appreciate your business and your feedback. Always here to help, GPS Insight

Robert from Horizon Forest Products

We use this for our fleet at work and it helps with keeping up with the trucks.

Pros

We can let our customers know where the trucks are at all times, since we are a delivery company. This also helps with letting the drivers know where they will be delivering to if they cannot find a jobsite.

Cons

It is hard to maneuver around when you are trying to do the mileage and the maintenance on the vehicles. There are too many screens that have the same features.

Response from GPS Insight

Replied December 2017

Hi Robert, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry to hear you are having issues with vehicle maintenance. Your comments have been forwarded to your Account Manager and he will be reaching out directly to help remediate this issue. Please don't hesitate to reach out if anything else comes up. Always here to help, GPS Insight

Casey from On-Site Sanitation

Industry: Building Materials

Great!

Pros

It does everything. We can track our trucks in current time, print out their stops and idles from the day before, schedule reminders for maintenance, and much more.

Cons

Some of the trackers that they send just plug right into a slot beneath the dash, which is great, except that they very easily get knocked loose or knocked out completely and we have to call the drivers and have them plug them back in.

Response from GPS Insight

Replied March 2018

Hi Casey - Thank you for your feedback! We are glad to hear you are having such a positive experience with our solutions and greatly appreciate your feedback. We recommend using the included OBD bypass cable to help prevent accidental device removal, that should help. Always here to help, GPS Insight

Charles from hth companies inc

very good product

We recieved the ability to track out truck and other assets on a real time basis.

Pros

I think what i like the most about the software would have to be the mapping that is provided. it is very easy to follow where your truck are at any given time. I also use the IFTA reporting features quarterly to keep track of the miles driven in each state.

Cons

what i like least about the software would have to be the process you must take in order to add/change a truck to the system.

Response from GPS Insight

Replied December 2017

Thank you for your review Charles! We greatly appreciate your business and your feedback. Our Support and Account Management teams are always available to help with truck adds if you ever need the support. Always here to help, GPS Insight

Shane from CableOne

The Best

This is a excellent software to assit in managing employees to meet necessary appointments. It has been very useful to locate other employees close to work area when extra help or equipment is needed off other trucks.

Pros

I love the ability to use your software as a app on my phone as well as on my office computer.

Cons

I would personally like to see the app alittle more user friendly. It's great but I do believe it could use alittle more attention. I have called into support and was able to get the answers.I needed in a quick time without being stuck on hold for long periods of time

Response from GPS Insight

Replied February 2019

Shane, Thank you for your review! We appreciate your business and your feedback. Always here to help, GPS Insight

Silvestre from Classic event and tent rentals

Reliable helpful easy to use and understand

Helps keep track of vehicles on order to make sure we arrive on time to costumers. It helps with reports when we do audits on route.

Pros

It shows and updates in speed of our vehicles. Alerts when speeding good report data detailed easy to read also has a map trail that's easy to under stand and has street view very helpful

Cons

It does not follow vehicles live you have to wait for system to update sometimes it gets a little confusing but makes up with reports

Response from GPS Insight

Replied May 2017

Thanks for the great review Silvestre! We appreciate working with you and want to be sure you always have an exceptional experience with us. Unfortunately, following vehicles 100% live is a limitation for all GPS tracking companies. Always Here to Help, GPS Insight

Tim from Bluegrass Ultra-Transit Service

We sometimes have difficulties but service a rural area and our vehicles have interlock systems,

Knowing what the work force is doing and having documentation of when and how they did.

Pros

I like being able to look up how a driver is performing and going back in time to specific days. I like seeing where drivers are using the app on my phone. I like sending messages and responding to messages from my desktop.

Cons

When assigning fobs and retrieving Fleet data for services could be more user friendly. MOST OF THE FUNCTIONALITY IS GREAT. Sometimes it seams a little difficult to operate.

Response from GPS Insight

Replied May 2017

Thanks for the great review Tim! We will have a solution to the driver assignment coming soon. Please contact your account manager for details. We appreciate your business! Always Here to Help, GPS Insight

Excellent functionality and integration.

Easy of access to important data.

Pros

The ability to integrate with our dispatching software allows for easy access to important data. It helps us better service our customers.

Cons

The limited devices that are offered has left us wanting more. Additional partnerships with device manufacturers, or expansion of the current manufacturer's line, would be beneficial for companies with trucks that do not need extremely rugged devices, but need a little more than what is offered,

Response from GPS Insight

Replied December 2017

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad to hear you are having such a positive experience with our solutions and greatly appreciate your business. Always Here to Help, GPS Insight

CRYSTAL from CRESCENT ELECTRIC SUPPLY COMPANY

Industry: Wholesale

GOOD PRODUCT

OVERALL IT PROVIDES A GOOD SNAP SHOT FOR MANAGING DELIVERY VEHICLE COSTS AND IDENTIFYING COST MANAGEMENT OPPORTUNITIES. IT CAN ALSO HELP TO INDENTIFY HABITUAL OFFENDERS AND PREVENT PROBLEMS BECOMING BIG ISSUES IN THE FUTURE.

Pros

THIS SOFTWARE MAKES IT EASY TO TRACK EVERYTHING TO DO WITH OUR DELIVERY VEHICLES FROM IDLE TIMES IN THE WINTER TO DRIVING SPEEDS TO SETTING LOCATIONS OUR DRIVERS SHOULD OR SHOULDN'T BE AT.

Cons

THERE IS A SMALL TIME DELAY IN THE SOFTWARE WHICH WHEN WE ARE USED TO EVERYTHING BEING IN REAL TIME TAKES SOME GETTING USED TO.

Response from GPS Insight

Replied February 2019

Crystal, Thank you for your review! We appreciate your business! Always here to help , GPS Insight

JONATHAN from THE MATTRESS STORE

Industry: Warehousing

our experience is great.

availability to control the time spend our on delivery and been able to track if the drivers go off route.

Pros

its really acurate and it has help us keep track of where our delivery trucks are going or where they are at any moment. also improves our control on fuel use by using the idle-ling report.

Cons

Some GPS units will get lost and during that down time we cant track the route of the truck. and to be able to fix it the tech requires us to have the truck with us to trouble shoot it. but to do that we will have to bring back the delivery truck from it's route.

Response from GPS Insight

Replied May 2017

Thanks for the great review Jonathan! Always Here to Help, GPS Insight

Never had a doubt if we selected the right product.

Helping us manage our fleet and also helps us better route our routes to make sure the drivers are taking the best routes possible.

Pros

Easy to use and always looking at ways to improve their product. Like many of the customizable features you can set up to make it the way that you would like.

Cons

Updating of GPS software to keep up with new roads. Sometimes customer service can lag on getting back to you but this does not happen that often.

Response from GPS Insight

Replied November 2017

Thank you for your review! We greatly appreciate your business and your feedback. Our Support team is always available to help with technical issues if you need it. Always Here to Help, GPS Insight

Val from ABM

Customer Support has always been available and always provided service.

Our drivers are more likely to maintain a safe speed knowing the GPS units are installed.

Pros

The software is easy to use and the most efficient. Easy to keep track of vehicles and vehicle usage.

Cons

At first I thought it was difficult to install, but the installers took care of everything. We tried to install ourselves at first, but realize it is more efficient to have the installers do it.

Response from GPS Insight

Replied December 2017

Thank you for your feedback Val! We are glad to hear you were able to get your devices up and running and that you are having such a positive experience with our solutions! We greatly appreciate your business. Always here to help, GPS Insight

Rick from SRIG, LLC

Best GPS fleet tracking I've found

Reduce fuel costs and notifications to the drivers through the Garmin interface

Pros

Ties to my WEX account so I can get notified if the WEX card is used inappropriately. Notifications are extensive and work well. Maintenance tracking is a big plus. Speeding notifications have helped us reduce risk. It's worked well for us.

Cons

The only issue I've run into is the delay feature in scheduled fuel reports. When set for a 2-day delay it actually causes the report to be sent every 3 days instead of creating a delay in transactions. This is overcome by not setting a delay period.

Response from GPS Insight

Replied December 2017

Thank you for your feedback Rick! We are glad to hear you are having such a positive experience with our solutions and greatly appreciate your business. Always Here to Help, GPS Insight

Kim from Alternative Energy Solutions, Ltd.

Review from AES

Customer service is great when you call in. When I've emailed for help, it's been much slower than I would have expected. We use it daily to track our technicians activity.

Pros

We love being able to watch the daily activity. It has helped us find out that our technician was in an area he wasn't assigned to until another day. It helps us guide our technicians if there's any type of back-up on the expressways.

Cons

I honestly do not have anything that we like the least.

Response from GPS Insight

Replied February 2019

Kim, Thank you for your review. We appreciate your business and your feedback. Always here to help, GPS Insight

Heidi from JP Pest Services

The software is much more user-friendly than other GPS-tracking software that we've used in the past

Pros

The customer support team is great, the website is mostly very user-friendly (with the exception of a few details, which the customer support team are always happy to help with), and the live map is a great tool to have as well!

Cons

There are just a few functions that are difficult to find if you don't already know where they are, such as where to add the email address for where to send alerts and reports to users. I wish that the software would just automatically pull this from the email address already on file for the select users!

Response from GPS Insight

Replied January 2018

Thank you for your feedback Heidi! We are glad to hear you are having such a positive experience with our solutions and greatly appreciate your feedback. Always here to help, GPS Insight

Tom from White's Lumber, Inc.

GPS Insight helped alot!

Everything from the equipment setup to the support and follow up by the sales staff was perfect.

Pros

Zone setup allows our POS system to mark orders as delivered when the truck returns automatically Truck maintenance and mileage may be tracked by the office without having to chase down a truck to get a mileage report. Messaging direct to the GPS unit on the dashboard.

Cons

Somewhat cumbersome to set up, but once you are learning it things flow fast.

Response from GPS Insight

Replied March 2019

Tom, Thank you for your review! We appreciate your business. Always here to help , GPS Insight

Aurea from Mln Service Company

Service Dispatcher

GPS is a great tool for any company especially for service companies and it is very accurate when you have to dispute time or mileage .

Pros

I really like to know where the tech r so if there is any emergencies on jobs we know and also great for disputes with customers regarding hours on job .

Cons

The software is easy to delegate thru so no issues with the software , now the new devise tend to stop working and we have to be resetting them .

Response from GPS Insight

Replied March 2019

Aurea, Thank you for your review! We appreciate your business and your feedback . Always here to help, GPS Insight

Phil from East Central Energy

Industry: Utilities

Our full fleet deployment was smooth. Years later we still enjoy the powerful tracking and reports.

Safety was our most obvious benefit. We know where our crews are at all times.

Pros

User dashboard and reporting is second to none. We have looked at many and none compare. From hardwired units to plug and play devices, they offer something for a variety of applications.

Cons

Like any technology , things can change. Cellular providers changed things on their end but GPS Insight adapted and provided a seamless solution.

Response from GPS Insight

Replied May 2017

Thank you for the feedback Phil! We are glad you are still loving the product. Say hi to your team over there for us! Always here to help, GPS Insight

Kelli from Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Cape Fear

GPS Insight makes it easy to track fleets and manage vehicle maintenance.

This software is essential to managing our fleets and managing oil changes/maintenance.

Pros

It is extremely easy to use and there are more features than any other GPS tracking companies out there. There are so many helpful training articles and customer support is always available.

Cons

The only thing it doesn't do is integrate with our scheduling/invoicing software-Service Titan. I am certain our other franchises would use GPS Insight if they offered this feature.

Response from GPS Insight

Replied December 2017

Thank you for your feedback Kelli! We are glad to hear you're having such a great experience with our solutions! We are also happy to lat you know that we do integrate with Service Titan. Your Account Manager will be in touch to help get it set-up. Always here to help - GPS Insight

russ from empire fence

we use gps insight to track our fleet and it has been a good program to use

great tracking and alerts

Pros

I like the computer and phone app because we can monitor our fleet in office and out of office. the alerts are useful also especially the speeding alerts

Cons

the history section is just ok I have worked with other programs that the history section was more detailed and easy to use

Response from GPS Insight

Replied December 2017

Thank you for your review Russ! We greatly appreciate your business and your feedback. Our Support and Account Management teams are always available to help with our portal history section if you need it. Always here to help, GPS Insight

JOSEPH J from AMERICAN STEEL PROCESSING CO

Industry: Machinery

Easiest instilation I have ever installed in a truck

At the end of each month I have all the states and all the routes and all miles traveled in each state.This makes it so easy to do the the IFTA reports each quarter for my home base plates that is needed to be filed.

Pros

I like the accuracy of the GPS,always know where a truck is ,routes direction truck speed and at the end of the month the states traveled,the routes and the miles are emailed to me.

Response from GPS Insight

Replied May 2017

Thank you for the feedback Joseph! We are glad you find value in the product and are happy to hear we are making your life easier. Always here to help, GPS Insight

Roger from Blue Grass Community Action Partnership, Inc.

Fits our business needs and helps us stay within budget while meeting our regulatory standards.

Financial and HR related

Pros

Reliability, particularly in rural settings, is very important to our transportation services. Ease of use via differing platforms (desktops, smartphones, etc.).

Cons

Customer service response time could be a bit better; not bad, but not great. Shipping time on parts is sometimes lacking, although not always.

Response from GPS Insight

Replied December 2017

Thank you for your feedback Roger! We are glad to hear you are having such a positive experience with our solutions and greatly appreciate your business. Always here to help, GPS Insight

Jeremy from Aaustin Express Inc.

Awesome for any size fleet!

The ability to track KPIs and find opportunities in route structure with ease.

Pros

The reports you can generate to see KPIs as well as the overall ability to monitor assets/vehicles in real time.

Cons

Mobile app could use a refresh in the grouping function. The older version of the app would allow you to ungroup similar to the desktop version.

Response from GPS Insight

Replied May 2017

Thank you for the feedback Jeremy! We are glad you find value in the product and rate us so high. We are working on the changes to the app as we speak. Stay tuned. Always here to help, GPS Insight

Sheila from Wiese USA

Industry: Facilities Services

Service Dispatching

Giving our customers faster service and less travel time.

Pros

This gives us the ability to dispatch the right tech who is in the area of need. We have found that using this helps our customer get better service from us and helps us perform more jobs in one day.

Cons

haven't had any issues with the system or software.

Response from GPS Insight

Replied February 2019

Sheila, Thank you for your review! We appreciate your business and are happy to be helping you give your customers better service. Always here to help, GPS Insight

Justin from Cape May Brewing Company

Helps with the daily routing of our day to day business

Ability to optimize my routes and maximize efficiency

Pros

Very user friendly for the basic dashboard uses. Help section is very useful in learning new aspects of the software Customizable to my needs. Ability to optimize routes

Cons

It does not take into consideration Commercial Truck routes even though promoted to Fleet and Commercial companies

Response from GPS Insight

Replied May 2017

Thank you for the feedback Justin! We are glad you find value in the product and thanks for the great ratings. We love your beer! Cheers, GPS Insight

ELIZABETH from EQUITY MANAGEMENT INC

this is a useful tool for my comapany

we can give our clients the time our servers we at a given address.

Pros

I like to have reports sent to me in email. we like to see where my drivers are at a moments notice

Cons

we cant access records past 6 months so when our clients ask us for past date reports we have to call you

Response from GPS Insight

Replied December 2017

Thanks for the great review Elizabeth! We appreciate your feedback and are happy to let you know that you are able to access records older then 6 months - your Account Manager will be in touch to assist. Always here to help, GPS Insight

Charles from American Natural Supply

Industry: Oil & Energy

quality and great customer service

tracking, collecting data and communicating with the driver/truck.

Pros

the software is easy to use and maintain. I like the up to date tracking of the trucks and being able to collect data.

Cons

I have worked other gps tracking and communication devices and services before. the customer service that I have received is far above any other. the issues we had with the system is being worked on.

Response from GPS Insight

Replied May 2017

Thanks for the review Charles! We appreciate our partnership. Always here to help, GPS Insight

Chris from Ameren Mo

GPS Insight Fleet Tracking Solution review

Anytime I have had questions they have been answered quickly.

Pros

Ease of seeing where the crews are working with satellite image. This allows you to reference exactly where the crews are.

Cons

Tracking where crews have been. It was easier to use in the past and is more difficult to follow now. Not a fan of the broken up sections of history.

Response from GPS Insight

Replied February 2019

Chris, Thank you for your review! We appreciate your business and your feedback. Always here to help, GPS Insight

Chris from Rocky Mountain Restoration

What about the app?

I use it everyday. In fact I keep it on my desk top 24/7 to ensure my team is running the way intended.

Pros

I like the ability to check in real time on all of our assets (mobile) to ensure they are being used safely, effectively and efficiently.

Cons

The software is great, the application through app store is not.

Response from GPS Insight

Replied February 2019

Chris, Thank you for your review and feedback on the app. We will pass this feedback along to our product team. We appreciate your business. Always here to help, GPS Insight

Anthony from DCG

Works great

Pros

We have multiple drivers so this makes it easy to keep up with where they are. It is great when a customer calls and needs something and all I have to do is pull up the GPS and see who is closer to get to them.

Cons

It can be somewhat pricey, although worth every penny. And the trackers tend to come unplugged quite often.

Response from GPS Insight

Replied May 2018

Thanks for your review Anthony! We appreciate the feedback and thank you for your business. Always Here to Help, GPS Insight

Salimah from SAECO

Industry: Civil Engineering

Usage since2012

Been using since 2012 or earlier and the ease with transitioning between vehicles has been great. They keep up to date with the newest technology and we are happy to team up with GPS Insight for our Fleet management needs.

Pros

The ease with tracking vehicles via phone or online.

Cons

Nothing. Its a great software and has helped me through out our companies growth.

Response from GPS Insight

Replied March 2019

Salimah, Thank you for your review! We appreciate your business and long time partnership. Always here to help , GPS Insight