What are Housecall Pro users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Housecall Pro software through verified user reviews

2,626 Reviews

2,069

• icon"Housecall Pro helps facilitate the scheduling, dispatching and invoicing of all our customers. Easy to use and it is nice to have a data base, historical record of each customer to easily go back to."
  • icon"I like ease of use, price and the great customer service & support. I had looked at & tried other software but this one fit all of my needs."
  • icon"I love the email automation. I set up follow up emails to customers after a certain amount of time and the return has been awesome."
  • icon"No real problems but the interface is kind of boring. But that is just being nitpicky."
  • icon"Users on Facebook complained the software lags and cannot find customers in database for 5 minutes because of the the large number of customers in their system."
  • icon"When the system goes down we are lost until it comes back up. This has only happened a few times in the last few years though."

Browse all Housecall Pro Reviews

• Have you used Housecall Pro and would like to share your experience with others?

Showing 1 - 25 of 2,626 reviews

Ryan

June 2022

Great software that has really helped us take our remediation business to the next level.

HousecallPro has helped us take our business to the next level and makes dispatching, estimating, and bookkeeping much easier. I've used other competitive products in the past, but nothing has come close to the features of HousecallPro.

Pros

Price list flexibility, automated emails, estimate approvals and invoicing, and dispatching to make sure everyone's on the same page.

Cons

The automated emails should absolutely be tied to job tags, but because they're tied to customer tags, we have to add and remove them vigilantly if we have repeat customers with multiple properties or different service needs. I wish the estimate approval process was more of an eSignature process as opposed to any party just clicking a button.

Reasons for switching to Housecall Pro

mHelpDesk's only benefit was the integration with HomeAdvisor. But otherwise it was garbage by comparison.

Response from Housecall Pro

Hi Ryan, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a kind review. We really appreciate your rating and value you greatly as a Housecall Pro. Pro Advocate Team

Great Product!

CRAZY! how I ever managed without it. My life as a business owner was forever simplified by this on decision. Great Job Guys! Really, I mean it.

Pros

I appreciate the customer support team, always ready to improve. The pro vote feature is ingenious, I have seen several of my personal pro-votes come to fruition.

Cons

The name. When interacting with clients the name "HouseCall pro" is limiting this amazing product to residential service calls, when in fact it is so much more. I had to modify a few internal processes, but I've managed 2 and 3 month projects from 1 invoice allowing Change Orders to bill out as segments. the name should be revised, considering something more wild. Service Titan had the right idea on the wrong product.

Reasons for choosing Housecall Pro

A friend of mine who opened an HVAC company the same time I opened my company sold me on the idea of sharing leads through the software. I went for a test drive the first month and was sold after interacting with the customer support team. OMG everyone is awesome! If Chick-Fila and Home Depot had a baby. Stellar Customer Service Model...

Andy

Saves time and Money

Great customer service and functionality

Pros

Housecall Pro has been a great addition to our company. We've used several different options in the past and never been satisfied until now. This software has saved us countless hours and made us a more profitable company. Great support

Cons

There are a few minor hiccups, but they can be easily worked around until the software team makes adjustments to eliminate them.

Functionality, presentation and price

Reasons for switching to Housecall Pro

Inefficiency and loss of customers due to scheduling issues.

Janet

I Love HCP !!

Everyone that I've spoken to so far has been wonderful. All of my onboarding specialist have been especially fantastic. I have been extremely pleased so far.

Pros

I'm a new user but I love the dashboard where everything is very visible, scheduling is easy and Invoicing is a breeze... I LOVE IT !!

Cons

Just being a new user and getting used to the system

Reasons for choosing Housecall Pro

Because you came highly recommended from a friend that is also in the industry and she's super happy with your services. I talked to my boss about it for a year and we finally did an online tutorial and we both loved it. We called you the very next day and signed up !!

Reasons for switching to Housecall Pro

Too expensive per user and quite frankly, Housecall Pro does the exact same things and even better.

Response from Housecall Pro

Hi Janet, thank you for leaving us a kind review. We really appreciate your rating and value you greatly as a Housecall Pro.

Orville Davis,

Industry: Renewables & Environment

Great ERP system for small businesses especially in Service industries

I love Housecall Pro

Pros

I love that I can do everything in one spot. Employees can clock in, jobs can be scheduled. Dashboards are present to view performance, and credit processing is easy.

Cons

A bit expensive per month but it definitely has a lot of features. Every now and then it will have some bugs but easily fixed.

Reasons for choosing Housecall Pro

The sales team was very informative and not pressuring.

karen

June 2022

What were they thinking?!?

Used to be a big supporter. Now feel betrayed. This experience is moving me to look for other solutions. Moving will be a giant expense in time and training and data movement....but i have to work with partners i can trust and believe in. HCP is no longer that partner...I can see that now. Very disappointed. If you plan to grow to more than 5 employees - this is not the solution for you based on their current predatory pricing plan.

Pros

Good product- does what it is supposed to do. You can schedule jobs, invoice customers, and develop a nice database of what you did with each customer. It has limitations and its share of glitches Support is mediocre but it is available. I've been a fan for a long time and have brought a number of businesses over to use their software. No more though.

Cons

If you grow from 5 to 6 employees watch out - its time to move to another software provider in my opinion. The pricing plan allows up to 5 employees for 1 set price. Keep in mind one of those 5 employees is your office staff so you really only get 4 field techs. If you add the 6th employee your HCP monthly price more than doubles the entire cost of the plan. There is now no longer a way to add 1 employee to their mid-tier plan - you have to move to the high tier plan. You can purchase 2 of the mid tier plans for less than the price of their high tier plan - this is just so ill-conceived! Last year we were able to add 1 additional employee for just a set fee per employee which was very reasonable. WHen that employee quit we were back down to 5...so were unaware that in June 2022 they made this change wiping out the ability to add an incremental employee without having to jump to the next tier. I am gobsmacked by how wrong of move this was on their part. The whole point of this software is helping you to grow your business - but apparently as soon as you do grow boy do they punish you for it! Additionally their search function for the "pricebook" leaves a lot to be desired. If you type in a keyword like "flange" and you have multiple items with that keyword in the description you expect all of the items with that keyword to appear. It doesn't. Only some do. No rhyme or reason to it. Uploading photos from field is dodgy and slow. Reports availble are not reliable or accurate

Response from Housecall Pro

Hi Karen, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a kind review. We really appreciate your rating and value you greatly as a Housecall Pro. Pro Advocate Team

Ausrin

April 2022

Drastically falling apart for long term user!

6 years ago it was good and slowly it has become more of a pathetic program based on the value for your dollar as a small business owner. The customer support is the worst in any company that I have ever seen. The longer your with them the worse you will be treated. If you do not upgrade with the growing cost of the company. You will be left behind on there older model app. Small business owners do not need all the bells and whistles what they need is a strong customer support system. Customer support is through a text messaging system. As a SBO one must do several jobs functions and can not wait for a text response. This is the now some people need answers ASAP. If we treated our customers the way HCP treated us. We would not be in business. For a company like HCP they need to be looking at customer reports and not so much of there monetary value of how much they can make from the consumer. Since I left them and closed my account they are randomly charging me $10 a month. Now they can not figure out how to stop the charge because no direct line to communicate the issue. So now I have to call my bank and charge back for unauthorized charges. Currently moved over to Jobber a little behind HCP but half the price. HCP quote should be: “if you want the best we will make you pay for it! We will offer you crap options for customer service support!”

Pros

Overall I use to like it 6 years ago and now it is crap.

Cons

Customer support is by far the worst. Price point is horrible too.

Response from Housecall Pro

Hi Austin, thank you for leaving a review, your feedback is very valuable to us. We would love the opportunity to speak with you to learn more about your experience. If you're open to discussing further, please send us an email at the address provided. Thank you again - Justin Baugh

Tim

Great value and great software

Came from using a different more expensive software and this program is cheaper and easier to use with basically all the same features

Pros

Love how easy this software was to learn and use on a daily basis.

Cons

Wish there was a way to add videos to customer file but that’s only issue I’ve had

Price point

Joe

Worst Business Software I have ever used

Horrible, expensive and a waste of time

Pros

Nothing. It's horrible software All the functions sound great and useful but software straight does not function. Super glitchy and saved invoices just disappear. Customer service told me I manually deleted missing item that I did not delete and offered no solution to thousands of dollars of missing billable work

Cons

Everything. It's horrible software All the functions sound great and useful but software straight does not function. Super glitchy and saved invoices just disappear. Customer service told me I manually deleted missing item that I did not delete and offered no solution to thousands of dollars of missing billable work

Reasons for choosing Housecall Pro

Better features. (But none of them actually work)

Reasons for switching to Housecall Pro

Soho is great and house all sucks

The Best For Less

Outstanding product that has allowed our business to flourish as a top certified partner, providing a valuable scheduling key to our business model.

Pros

Houscall Pro offers the power and packaging of a large CRM/FSM at a fraction of the price point. No crazy per user rates, no wild addon costs, just packages that are flat rate, affordable, and well within the budget of even the smallest home services business.

Cons

Some features when released are generally half finished or in beta when they really need more time to cook, but they are desperate to try and satiate the cravings of their thousands of users

Reasons for switching to Housecall Pro

Way cheaper, way more sensible, way less complex without all the unnecessary bumf

Response from Housecall Pro

Hi Andrew, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a kind review. We really appreciate your rating and value you greatly as a Housecall Pro. Pro Advocate Team

Jean

Top Choice for Scheduling

Housecall Pro was refreshing to use after searching through many softwares and going through many demos from others. The website is easy to use and doesnt overwhelm users with unnecessary features.

Pros

The aesthetics of the online log in are great, it is not too overwhelming and easy to navigate. Our office admin team loves being able to log in from anywhere and not have to download a software to access it. We also love the ability to generate reports and export them.

Cons

We would like to see a feature to track parts ordered and inventory.

Reasons for choosing Housecall Pro

Housecall Pro offered better customer support and service. The features were exactly what we were looking for. The trial went smoothly and after reviewing many different alternatives we concluded this would suit our needs the best.

Reasons for switching to Housecall Pro

Wintac was used for 20+ years and was ending their service. We needed to find a new system that we would hopefully use for another 20 years or more.

Response from Housecall Pro

Hi Jean, thank you for leaving us a kind review. We really appreciate your rating and value you greatly as a Housecall Pro.

Matthew

How To With Housecall Pro

Keeping track of many calls and its ease of mixing with other platforms

Pros

Ease of use and accurate information exchanges.

Cons

1.) EACH TECH should be able to see their route for the day on a map to make better adjustment to drive time 2.) Search function for completed jobs for client with many address has no search magnifying glass to search by typing, have to search by looking at every address 4.) Six hour window option would be nice 5.) No inventory management for truck stock built in. 6.) Pause feature for jobs waiting on parts, separate from only unscheduled

Reasons for choosing Housecall Pro

Better service and most user friendly

Karole

Management Efficiency

It seems to be a great platform. I am actively learning and integrating other activities.

Pros

I love HouseCall Pro because it seems to be a one-stop-shop for management. It has the capability to add your Quickbooks which takes care of your taxes; Gusto for Payroll and many other for other required business activities. I am still learning all the additionally features.

Cons

I dislike the fact that once you create an Estimate and send to client it does not allow for the client to pay a deposit; despite the Estimate having the request for a deposit. Once Estimate is approved, the administrator has to manually convert the Estimate to Job (Copy to Job) then; the administrator must include a "new" deposit request on the Invoice since the request from the Estimate is not even automatically converted. This seems to be backward and retarded of the developers given the additionally impressive features of the software.

Reasons for switching to Housecall Pro

Inability to properly integrate with Quickbooks, Lack of Invoice History( Basic history was available), recurring Invoice was a higher cost

Response from Housecall Pro

Hi Karole P., thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review, your feedback is very valuable to us. We would love the opportunity to speak with you to learn more about your experience. If you're open to discussing further, please send us an email at the address provided. Thank you again.

Replied July 2022

Melody

March 2022

Love the ease of implentation

So far customer support has been really helpful and I have been able to set up a process that I am happy with.

Pros

I love that you can figure things out yourself on this CRM and if you can't they have a very quick response time on their real time chat.

Cons

There are some things that I would like to customize more and make a bit more automations.

Easier

Reasons for switching to Housecall Pro

Zoho was way to hard and time consuming to set up.

Response from Housecall Pro

Hi Melody, thank you for leaving us a kind review. We really appreciate your rating and value you greatly as a Housecall Pro.

Jonny

Beginner Pro

So far its been great (I'm still on the trial) and customer serviced has been excellent in answering my questions

Pros

the scheduled, on my way, and finished features

Cons

I know there is a window of time up to 4 hours, but it would be nice to let a customer know they are scheduled for a day without giving them a time. I also don't see appointment reminders for "big jobs" that are set for all day and are potentially scheduled up to six months ahead. Should be Scheduled, a one week reminder and a one day reminder at a minimum

Reasons for choosing Housecall Pro

I've only looked in passing, but all the other programs are to expensive for a small business

Reasons for switching to Housecall Pro

it added an additional step to the busy process of booking customers without removing other steps. ie: integration with QBO

Anders

May 2022

Excellent software for contractors and labor professionals

Using housecall pro has been great so far, their support team has been very responsive.

Pros

Housecall Pro has made it much easier to manage my junk removal company. I can track the crew's progress throughout the day, make changes to customer bookings from my computer which my crew then sees on their phones, and the crew can communicate directly with customers through the app. It also handles professional invoicing and payments. It's made everything much easier, and the number of Google reviews we've gathered has skyrocketed due to their automatic customer close-out messages.

Cons

I don't like their direct online booking interface, if the customer were to use it, I find it confusing and not intuitive. We use a simpler very clear booking interface, then manually migrate those appointments into housecall pro.

Price to value

Response from Housecall Pro

Hi Anders, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a kind review. We really appreciate your rating and value you greatly as a Housecall Pro. Pro Advocate Team

Whitney

Excellent Service Industry Software

More than positive! It has streamlined our business and provided a better experience for our customers.

Pros

The ease of use of this software is by far some of the best and I demoed several before deciding on Housecall Pro. This is our first go at a digital software and they have been excellent to work with in getting us a set up specific to our needs as a company. We like that it encompasses a review component as well as real time data for our office staff to see where our technicians are at on their schedule. The online community Facebook page has been a tremendous help in hearing how other companies are working through issues as business information in general.

Cons

There have been times where chatting into the blue bubble yields less than timely feedback for important things we need to get sorted out in the office. The Facebook group is helpful in me searching to find a work around or solution while I wait to hear back from the blue bubble. I understand why there is no direct phone contact for immediate issues, but it would be nice in dire times to be able to immediately get a person on the phone.

Reasons for choosing Housecall Pro

Community of support. Ease of use. The collectiveness of what is offered at the given price point.

Reasons for switching to Housecall Pro

Ease of use. Product support.

Anthony

Housecall Pro Pros & Cons

I am very happy with it. I came from Wintac. I was with Wintac for about 25 years and made the switch to Housecall Pro and it has helped me with things Wintac was not capable of helping me with, like my online presence, getting more reviews, tracking how long employees take at jobs, etc.

Pros

Very easy to use, the user interface is clear, has mobile app, has desktop app, the company listens to its users and make updates to the software pretty quick. Has open API to a lot of 3rd party software and is open to having more. work orders are great

Cons

Still building new features that are very important to have but not there yet, some important features are there but seems like not a lot of time was put into those features where more time might have been put in other less important features. Reporting does not dig deep enough. service agreements need work

Reasons for choosing Housecall Pro

Service Fusion - the set up was horrible, the support from the team didnt know any answers to my questions so i just assume it was going to be hell in the future. Service Titan - too expensive for a company my size. ThermoGrid - Price was high and the software had way too many steps to create a job from a call (correctly) to have proper reporting later on in the future. Also, the line items looks like an excel spreadsheet, wasnt too crazy about that.

Reasons for switching to Housecall Pro

They were not updating the remote ability to the software. The actual desktop version of this software was GREAT but it stayed behind and let everyone else take over. It was very unfortunate. Than fieldedge took over and they basically are converting all their wintac users to fieldedge users. so basically wintac seems like its going under while being absorbed by fieldedge.

Jonathon

Pros & Cons about Housecall Pro

My overall experience is GREAT! I've used two other software platforms and HCP by far is more superior!!

Pros

1. Reporting 2. User Friendly 3. With the integrated CC processing my techs are receiving 30% higher amount in tips. 4. It actually works in the field.

Cons

1. My industry doesn't have the correct work flow. 2. Not blocking time out while in the process of booking a job. 3. Refreshing the screen to ensure the schedule is the same. We have a pretty fluid schedule being Junk Removal.

Reasons for choosing Housecall Pro

House call pro has marketing software built in! HCP has review software built in! HCP has a cc processor that accepts tips! Workiz didn't have any of those!!!!! Lastly I want'ed a U.S.A. based company who is local and were both in San Diego County!

Reasons for switching to Housecall Pro

Jobber was Glitchy and support wasn't that good. Vonigo was to rigid and complicated, my teams always had to call into the office to so they didn't waste the customers time getting payment or scheduling another appt.

Andrey

June 2022

Thank you for everything you do!

Highly recommend.

Pros

Scheduling process, payments, reviews, communication with the client, and data base

Cons

Payment breakdown (payments holds for 2-3 days and only then getting to me)

Response from Housecall Pro

Hi Audrey, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a kind review. We really appreciate your rating and value you greatly as a Housecall Pro. Pro Advocate Team

Clayton

Industry: Utilities

April 2022

Must Have

We're constantly evolving and changing things we do on a day to day basis. From looking at our completed jobs as a revenue standpoint, we also focus on estimates we have sent in the past and following up with them weeks and months later. Some customers sense that organization and feel comfortable with doing business with us just due to things like that. Looking forward to what new things HCP will add to better forecast our business and help streamline everything top to bottom.

Pros

Makes our day to day operations much easier. From dispatching a technician to a job -the customer getting the text that we're on the way -detailed invoicing with pictures on the estimates -multiple payment options and financing Customers really say that it's a breeze working with our company likely due to HCP.

Cons

I think the tracking employees could be done easier as I'm sure you guys have a plan already for that. Not that this is a bad thing, but I would like to see a local HCP seminar/workshop where pro's would get together and share some ideas to help other businesses like theirs.

Response from Housecall Pro

Hi Clayton, thank you for leaving us a kind review. We really appreciate your rating and value you greatly as a Housecall Pro. Justin Baugh

Ashley

Industry: Package/Freight Delivery

Perfect for Scheduling/Dispatching Services

This software has saved time, which we know saved money. It has made what was a huge burden and workload so much lighter and easier to manage. Setting multiple schedules for multiple field technicians who do different jobs had never been easier to organize as well as keeping all of the customer information accessable in the easiest ways. This is 100% the best app for scheduling, invoicing, and more.

Pros

Before we found this software, we had to have everyone handwriting information, it was outdated and hard to access, and unorganized. This system has made our entire functionality change. We could never do what we do with a growing influx of customers without this phenomenal software. It has changed business and customer service for the better in every way.

Cons

The only issue we have is making sure that if we have a last minute change we have to ask our technician to refresh their app so that they can see changes. This is a minor inconvenience with the surplus of exemplary use we get from this software.

Response from Housecall Pro

Hi Ashley, thank you for leaving us a kind review. We really appreciate your rating and value you greatly as a Housecall Pro.

Garry

Industry: Facilities Services

Quality Product at a Reasonable Price

The overall experience has been positive and in fact I have recommended the the app to some of my customers and friends and feel very comfortable doing that.

Pros

The product was recommended to me by a fellow company and it dramatically improved the efficiency of my business. The features are very helpful and it comes packaged at a reasonable price.

Cons

I have had a few experiences over the probably 4 years I've been with Housecall Pro where I wasn't completely satisfied with the customer support. Overall I've been satisfied but you are always going to catch somebody once in a while who is stressed or having a bad day and the conversation doesn't go as well as you would like.

Reasons for choosing Housecall Pro

I had received a couple of recommendations for Housecall Pro and the pricing was a little better so I decided to pull the plug and go for Housecall Pro.

Nikhil

June 2022

Housecall Pro is one solution for many problems

Housecall Pro give me a very good experience, they have a very helpful customer support service.

Pros

. Easy to use . Easy installation and implementation . Nice customer care support services . Simple to add clients and collect payment . Track all the activities

Cons

Little high pricing is the only issue I can see, otherwise all good here.

Response from Housecall Pro

Hi Nikhil, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a kind review. We really appreciate your rating and value you greatly as a Housecall Pro. Pro Advocate Team

Great App!

I love this app.

Pros

Scheduling was made so easy for me with this app.

Cons

Load time for pictures is slow sometimes.

Nicer colors

Response from Housecall Pro

Hi there, thank you for leaving us a kind review. We really appreciate your rating and value you greatly as a Housecall Pro. Justin Baugh

Showing 1 - 25 of 2,626 reviews