What are Motive users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Motive software through verified user reviews

1,309 Reviews

• icon"The navigation of the administrators webpage is super easy. I can quickly and easily find messages or logs or documents."
  • icon"I love how easy this product is for my to drivers to use. Even my drivers who are not use to using electronics, catch on very quickly."
  • icon"I like that this program is easy to use. Prior to our Company switching to a different program that integrated with our Company radios, and GPS, our drivers used KeepTruckin."
  • icon"Once you are sold the ELD's you will be billed wrong amounts- trying to correct it or return eld's is almost impossible- you will wait then they will hang up."
  • icon"This company is being very unfair to their clients. We end up buying two systems (ELDs) for same truck just because of their system limitations and they will not refund for the extra system."
  • icon"Sometimes there is a bad lag and it takes awhile to load."

Browse all Motive Reviews

• Have you used Motive and would like to share your experience with others?

Showing 1 - 25 of 1,306 reviews

Peter

Company size: 11 - 50 employees

May 2022

Fully Vetted System

Valerie

July 2022

Ease of use for all to use

Pros

It's easy and convenient to use I think all can benefit from the importance of this device

Cons

Nothing really I actually like the device so nothing to not like

Response from Motive

Thank you for reaching Motive support, formerly KeepTruckin. We hope you are doing well. Please visit our portal https://gomotive.com/careers or email your resume at pk-hr@gomotive.com. The hiring team will reach out to you if there are any suitable vacancies.

Carlos

Motive Review

Overall experience is very good and very happy with the products, software and customer service.

Pros

Accessibility and relative ease of use. User friendly.

Cons

The “touchy” tracking nature of the ELD when the truck is moving slowly though will put the driver in driving duty status when in Off Duty or Sleeper status.

Reasons for choosing Motive

Motive seemed to be ahead of the competition in almost all aspects of products and service.

Reasons for switching to Motive

Needed a more superior software, ELD and customer service.

Response from Motive

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear that you are satisfied with Motive (formerly KeepTruckin) services. For any further questions or concerns regarding anything, feel free to email us at support@gomotive.com or call us directly at our 24/7 Support Line (855) 434-3564, and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Andrea

Base System is good - but hot spot limit stinks

If it were not for this hot spot issue I would give the system 5 stars. The Customer Support agents do speak clear English, but they are not always able to help and follow through is not good. Still waiting for my hot spot issue to be solved and it has been "disabled". No internet access on the road is a huge hassle. There is a big discrepancy between what my device shows I have used as far as data, and the Motive accounting for my data use. Tablet shows a lower data usage than Motive, and Motive caps the use and then shuts off the data usage. The difference in usage is a whole gigabyte and that is a big difference.

Pros

Easy to use - Dashboard and document access is very handy. Knowing the fault codes are helpful in keeping the truck running better.

Cons

I was told that the hot spot would allow me to listen to Pandora and audio books as I had been. However, it is capped and not sufficient and no one from Customer Service has been able to help me and the Agent who was supposed to call me to fix my issue, has never called.

Reasons for switching to Motive

We were contacted by a representative who explained the system, and the hardware was free. I was promised better support, and in the long run it was going to be cheaper. The Y cable makes it so my mechanic can still plug things in to my truck for diagnostic purposes. I decided to drop a cell phone line from my plan that was no longer necessary because this system, with the hot spot, was going to replace that - resulting in long term savings. However, the hot spot does not have enough data, and attempts to resolve this have not been successful - so I am not pleased with that aspect of the system.

Response from Motive

We're sorry to hear that you didn't have a great experience using Motive! We'd like to learn more about the issues at hand. Kindly provide us your contact number or email address. Additionally, for further questions or concerns regarding anything, feel free to email us at support@gomotive.com or call us directly at our 24/7 Support Line (855) 434-3564, and we will be more than happy to assist you.

May 2022

Issues with the Safety Logs

Pros

I like the system and always found it helpful in improving my driving habits. However, now it is a negative and affects my quarterly raises with my Company.

Cons

When we first were using the software, we only had a camera on the road. My KT score was always in the 80's. However, once we installed the new cameras for the inside of the cab my scores dropped all the way down into the 40's. My driving has not changed. My safety points against me are for following to close, braking, speeding. None of these issues were an issue in the past. I recently did something similar with my car insurance and they said I had one of the best scores they had ever seen. I'm not some inexperienced young driver. I haven't had an accident or received a moving violation in over 20 years. Yet, your system indicates I'm now a poor driver.

Response from Motive

We're so sorry to hear that you did not have a great experience using the Motive app/services! We are interested in learning more about the difficulties that you are experiencing. Can you please email your comments to support@gomotive.com or call our 24/7 support line at 855-434-3564.

Replied May 2022

Laina

August 2022

Motive is the only ELD I would Ever use

Overall it has been a positive experience in all ways.

Pros

I have worked with many ELD programs in the past. Many were very expensive. The customer service I receive from Motive goes well above expectations as the others I worked with had very poor customer service. And Motive has saved me over $5,000.00 per year! The cameras have great resolution and I absolutely love the feature of any time I get an alert, it comes with a complete video straight to my email to view this alert. I don't have to take time to order a video and wait for it to come! When I have an issue, I call customer service and they get right on the problem. After they call with a solution, I get two more follow up calls to make sure that I got my solution and I am happy with the outcome of service!

Cons

That I cannot get a sepparate report for Personal conveyance auditing.

Reasons for choosing Motive

Not applicable as I did not consider any other.

Reasons for switching to Motive

Pricing, customer service, professionalism, knowledge of the program, work ethics

Replied August 2022

Simon

June 2022

Already a very good solution on its way to become greater and greater

Pros

The product is relatively easy and quick to subscribe to, deploy, and use. We love how beautiful and uncluttered their apps are (mobile and desktop). The most needed features are covered with Motive's basic subscription and when coupled with a higher subscription and AI real-time dashcams, Motive leads the way as a premier partner for trucking companies.

Cons

We do not hesitate to use their 24/7 support (phone/chat) to better understand the product and to resolve issues. However, the best way to contact them is by phone as sometimes we tend to be less understood through the chat application and it happened several times we were left without a response for long periods of time. I recommend calling them directly for quick follow-ups and resolutions.

Reasons for choosing Motive

Motive met all of our current needs as a young trucking company and seemed to be better positioned than the alternative solutions regarding the future of its offering.

Wesley

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

August 2022

A great all-in-one platform

I am happy with Motive. I like having so many modules in a single platform. We utilize the API which is now a central part of our maintenance plan.

Pros

Motive is a forward-thinking company. The recent rebranding shows that this is not a stagnant project. Motive is always releasing new features that add value.

Cons

I dont really have a major con to list. There are times when an ELD driving event may be logged incorrectly - often at the fault of the driver, and it would be nice to edit those events; if compliance allows it.

Reasons for switching to Motive

Verizon Connect customer support was terrible.

Replied August 2022

Santamaria

Owner

Yes your business problem will be solved when you use Motive..

Pros

It's a great tool to have in your business. It makes your trucking business regarding Dot compliance. Customer service is awesome they answer all of your questions on the first phone call.

Cons

There's nothing I dislike about the software. Yes

Reasons for choosing Motive

No I would not choose any other product over motive at this time.

My Experience with Motive

Great customer service

Pros

Easy to use once you get the hang of it.

Cons

Sometimes my device Wi-Fi might turn off, but all I have to do is cut it back on.

Reasons for choosing Motive

I seen other drivers, especially minority Drivers with the logo on their trucks

Brett

Great for fleet management

It allows out programs to be ELD compliant.

Pros

The real-time overview of all the features, geo-location, tracking, travel routing, etc.

Cons

The admin features need to more high-level. For example, more options for customizing the reporting style and features the drivers can have for their apps. The billing process is not great, I still have not got automated invoices, even though I have requested for it more than 10+ times.

Reasons for switching to Motive

Bad platform, not user friendly.

Bj

BJ Motive Review

My overall experience with Motive has been great!!

Pros

I love the real-time features, that allow you to follow a vehicle step by step from location to location

Cons

To be honest I haven't found any features of the software that I liked least. I guess I would say, no longer having the ability to allow drivers to onboard through the Motive link

Bob

Motive is a good tool

Pros

It is a a very good tool to have in your toolbox and the service is pretty good

Cons

There is not much I can say negatively about this software

Sondra

Industry: Oil & Energy

March 2022

KeepTruckin

I'm grateful that they are always available - 24 hours a day every day of the year. Customer Service is typically very kind and happy to assist. It does a lot of things all in one program instead of needing additional products to accomplish your day.

Pros

The overall program is great. The reports are great and real-time tracking is amazing

Cons

I don't like the fuel program (which is important to me). There should be an easier way to make corrections than one entry at a time - very time consuming and usually makes for a bad day! But after it's completed, I'm grateful I don't have to do it all on graph paper with a pencil anymore!

Reasons for choosing Motive

Already told you the story! I think you guys have a great product, and your customer service is truly the icing on the cake.

Reasons for switching to Motive

When ELDs first came out Verizon jumped right on board to provide the product and everyone was scrambling to find a carrier because most companies had procrastinated hoping that the bills would not pass making them necessary. Verizon made lots of promises with all the flash and glam -- but sadly I don't think they knew what they had just bit off. It was very frustrating to trucking companies as well as the drivers. One of my drivers came in and talked to me about KeepTruckin he said he used the ap on his phone and it was phenomenal, so I made the call and talked to sales. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] had all of our equipment to us "overnight" and a team to help me learn how to install and operate the eld - and we've never looked back.

Response from KeepTruckin

Dear customer, Thank you for the wonderful review, Sondra! It's great to hear that you appreciate our service. Please help spread the word and for any further queries please feel free to reach us out at support@keeptruckin.com or call our 24/7 Support Line (855) 434-3564, we will be more than happy to assist you.

Replied March 2022

Brian

December 2021

Love the product... just needs a few tweeks

I have used a few other systems and this is by far better and easier to use.

Pros

I love the ability to see my split log just by checking a box

Cons

1) It would be nice see my recap with out having to go into DOT inspection mode. It should be listed right next to the graph. 2) The times on the graph at the end of each duty status should be in minutes NOT percent of an hour. 3) It would be great if there was an external button a driver could hit to mark and save a video file. So, even if they are not involved in an incident they can go back and find the file to be reviewed and sent to the police or concerned parties. As it is now, unless there is a event detected ie: hard braking or cornering etc, it is almost impossible to find the video. For example, if parked in a dock or at a truck stop and driver sees another truck hit somebody else's truck or damages property, it would be nice to be able to retrieve that video file.

Reasons for choosing Motive

I didn't like samsara so i wanted to try something new. Keep trucking had a lot of great reviews so that's the one I picked.

Reasons for switching to Motive

went independent and needed my own equipment.

Response from KeepTruckin

Hi Brian, we are glad to hear that you like using KeepTruckin services. Surely, your feedback will be taken into great consideration by our engineering team and hopefully, in the near future, the mentioned features will be available for all our clients.

Replied December 2021

Emily

#1 thing it is easy for drivers

overall I like KT. I do believe they should think about giving better rates to the people that have been with them. When we renewed my company chose to not go with KT because someone else made us a better offer and it was not easy to get KT to match the offer and when they did if they would have just offered me that deal in the beginning it would have saved me ALOT of time and since we are a small company TIME is very valuable.

Pros

I have to do the training for drivers so I appreciate how easy it is to train on. I also like knowing where our trucks are and being able to see that everything is ok everyday. Even the drivers that were against ELDs like it and have found it makes life easier.

Cons

customer service and sales teams. I have had so really difficult experiences with both. Not that it is every time I call but I have had people that could not find my account tell me I don't have KT hang up call back and new rep had no problem. I have been so frustrated trying to order a new device that I was ready to just give up but called one more time got someone else and problem solved so I know there are good reps there. Some have accents that are very hard to understand but that is just a minor detail that can usually be worked thru.

Reasons for choosing Motive

Because KT was able to get my price back down after quoting me a higher price than I wanted to pay without any updates. Price was the only reason we tried Samsara and it was a good system but KT decided to price match and upgraded to include all the IFTA info and forward cameras and I did not have change all the ELDs out of all my truck to install new ones. Once again the whole thing was a huge waste of time had KT have said hey lets look at upgrading and saving and quoted me the price we ended up getting in the first place it would have been over and done and prevented the feeling of oh so you give new people a break but the people who have been paying you for 2 yrs get a crappy deal to pay for the new peoples good deals.

Reasons for switching to Motive

This was not user friendly and I did not like the display of the admin side or the way it was all programmed and set up. None of my drivers liked it and when we tested it against KT well KT won.

Response from KeepTruckin

Hi Emily, thank you for your valuable feedback. We are glad to know that you enjoyed using our services. Safe rides!

Replied August 2021

Marc

Duncan Oil

Awsome. Very manager and driver friendly.

Pros

That minimal equipment is needed within the cab. Mobile devices, tablets, and computers are utilized without having to buy expensive onboard units. Being that the system operates off of an app on a mobile device updates are current, quick, and require no extra items to be purchased.

Cons

The system operates off of a cell signal. At times of poor service there might be a period of time where current updates are not seen until a signal is reacquired. This is minimal at best but does occur.

Reasons for choosing Motive

App based mobile devise system. Can be used off anything that has bluetooth capabilities.

Reasons for switching to Motive

We were told that our head units would no longer be current and unable to communicate at the end of 2021 due to the 5G updates. They required us to purchase new equipment at a cost of $50,000+. KeepTruckin offered a better option and we were even able to acquire dashcams for all units.

Response from KeepTruckin

Hi Marc, thank you for your feedback. Glad to know that you enjoyed using our services. Keep on Truckin!

Replied August 2021

Dave

Just the basics

My thoughts, Well, I manage two companies which use ELDs. In one, we have one KeepTrucking device and the other we use Verizon’s system in the fleet of about 10 units. So everyday I get to compare your systems. KeepTrucking has direct advantages over Verizon’s but lacks in a couple areas. First, KT’s advantage is driver ease of use, and we can do the system installation. Verizon is hard for drivers to understand and needs special service techs to install. Secondly area of service, Montana is the fourth largest state and one of the least cellular regions in the country. There is no getting around it we have dead zones, KT recovers faster than Verizon once a cell tower is picked up. KT is the truckers ELD. The only real downfall is what or how the trucking management fields are used. Verizon has more included functions in their system, such as timecards and logs, daily and details reports of the drivers and/or the trucks systems. So, cost most likely another issue, that is to say data; the KT system we have needed more data than what was provided in our initial package which we had to purchase on top of our informed cost. Verizon’s total cost was up front.

Out of Business

Response from KeepTruckin

Thank you, Dave. We're glad that you like using our service. We value your input and feedback very much. Keep on Truckin!

Replied July 2021

Gabriel

Great Product!

Pros

I love that connecting to the trucks is simple and quick. The information that is collected and provided helps you to see the impact that drivers, trucks, trailers and many other factors impact your business. The customer service (if you ever have to contact them) is great and they have been able to solve any issues I've had.

Cons

I was used to an ELD that was one-time larger purchase, but then no monthly fee. It was hard to get to used to paying monthly subscription, as we are a smaller company looking to save everywhere we can. But, after multiple DOT stops, and non-conformance through a sub-par ELD, I decided to give Keep Truckin a try. I don't guess this is necessarily a Con, just something I was wasn't excited about (monthly subscription).

Reasons for choosing Motive

I chose KeepTruckin based on it's reputation and other peoples views about the product. I've been satisfied and love to see the improvements made.

Reasons for switching to Motive

BlueInk Technologies plainly told me they could not offer me conformance after a year or so of me constantly reporting issues, bugs, etc. There would be days of communication back and forth trying to figure out the issue. After all was said and done, they bought back their devices. Not sure if they pulled the item off the market, but it was trash for what we needed it for and what they said would work.

Response from KeepTruckin

Thank you, Gabriel. We're glad that you like using our service. We value your input and feedback very much. Keep on Truckin!

Replied July 2021

Yehor

Keeptruckin Cons and Pros

Overall it's a top ELD service provider in the country, and because it's large, it's very slow on new features and technologies. So if you are looking for stable software that works, here is it, but if you are looking to have it all in one, I will think twice and test competitors what will be the best option for you.

Pros

+ Interface + Integrations that works great for our customers and us + Easy to use for Drivers and main thing ELD Works great + Driver Mobil APP

Cons

- Cameras - Problems with them All the time - Cameras - 1-minute video Recovery cont convenient at all, Samsara with this better - Customer Support Could be better - Very slow to implement changes/fixes/new features - Mobil App for Manager has terrible units view (Grouping units under one dot its craziness) - When Tracked Truck + Tracked Trailer moving together you see 1 group with a number of UNITS instead of combined Truck + trailer unit with their numbers and Driver Name.

Reasons for choosing Motive

Back in the days, keeptruckin UI was definitely the best option for drivers, plus app that works. Today, it's under the question

Terrible software, terrible support

Response from KeepTruckin

Hi Yehor, thanks for your feedback, we appreciate it so much. Let us know what can we do for you to deserve a better rating. Email us at support@keeptruckin.com and we'll more than happy to assist you. Thank you

Carl

Small Charter Motorcoach Operator Review

I like the software, I WOULD recommend it to an operator. I do know that some operators still use cheaper systems, or something too big for a small operator to use. This is one of KT's best features, size doesn't seem to matter, and it's not too expensive for a small operator., who has to operate with the same requirements or regulations as the larger operator.

Pros

Ease of use. Had no trouble installing and using the logbook feature. State and Federal DOT inspectors have no issues (yet) dealing with this logbook. It saves fuel receipts (important). I can, after some learning, draw the reports I need. KT called me about a connection issue I was unaware of, which was easily repaired. KT keeps up with any FMCSA logbook requirement changes.

Cons

Drawing reports can be complicated and clunky. In particular selecting date values is irritating. Search (anything) is missing. Reports difficult to combine for a full-service report (such as an IFTA audit). The dashcam feature is annoying, it doesn't always work, and right now is out of service.

Reasons for choosing Motive

Seemed to fit the Charter Motorcoach business the best. Saucon was more geared to the multi-coach market and was prohibitively expensive. Garmin ELog was slow to correct problems and operated with some difficulty.

Reasons for switching to Motive

It seemed that BigRoad was bought out (conjecture here) and became somewhat unresponsive. Initially they were a pleasure to deal with, I even did a review that appeared online.

Response from KeepTruckin

Thank you, Carl. We're glad that you like using our services. We truly appreciate your feedback.

Andrea

good product. easy to set up and use, always great customer service

If you have to have and ELD this one is a good choice for the ease of reporting, inspection mode, compliance, customer service. they work with many other tracking apps, they are constantly improving and developing, and update current laws and such.

Pros

Everything about this is easy to use and set up. Anyone can use it and set it up. It usually works well with any vehicle, we have used in several different semis and even hot shots. I like the reports for making apportioned and IFTA reporting easy. I have never had any problem that wasn't fixed really quickly. If the unit goes bad they ship another one right away. If you have a problem and can not find how to fix it in help or maybe not typing just the right search you can always call. They have lots of help pages online to help you avoid having to talk to someone, but if a phone call is easier than just call in. I have never had a problem with anything they could not help with yet. We have used them for at least 3 yrs now, some with other companies and some on our own. Other companies and software that we have used was horrible and if we had problems it took people 20+ days to fix. That is never the case with Keep Truckin.

Cons

on some vehicles the odometer mileage does not read correctly. Don't get me wrong the mileage for the trip and day is correct to how many miles and such. it just won't read the odometer so that they match for example 299473 on odometer and it has correct miles per day, and trip. just the odometer reading, not a big deal you just put it in and it runs everything fine. Other that that which is not a big deal, every now and then it will say 30 mins on break and then throw a violation because the time was really 29:57. My drivers know to make it go until 32 mins, just to make sure. It rarely happens but i know it has shown 30 and my husband drove and i was watching it. Then i logged in on the computer and it showed a few seconds less than 30min. i also have not called in about this issue as it has only happened a few times and maybe it was a sync issue that was randomly fix when logging off.

Reasons for choosing Motive

We knew Keep Trucking from using it before with other companies and we just went with them, No need to ever bother with anyone else. We felt like they were the best. We used the app before the ELD mandate went into law and it was just so easy and user friendly.

Reasons for switching to Motive

We worked with a company who used them, it was awful. 3 units went bad in less that 6 months. The first install was horrible and messed up my sync unit in my truck, and never connected past the first day. the second one worked for a few months and then never connected again, then it took them about a week to troubleshoot, then another 21 days before they could get tech out. it was just ridiculous. Luckily we only worked with that company another couple of months and when we got our own authority, we already knew we were going back to Keep Truckin.

Response from KeepTruckin

Thanks for the constructive feedback, Andrea. This information helps us determine what improvements we need to make. Thanks again for taking the time to reach out and do not hesitate to share your concern with support@keeptruckin.com so that we can help to get them resolved for you.

Cammy

KeepTruckin has been a good product. I tried Rand McNally’s & it could not keep up with 2 drivers. Sent it back they sent me a new cord & it still could not keep up with team logs.

Pros

You do not have to be a computer genius to use KeepTruckin it is quite simple & doesn’t break down.

Cons

They seem to keep raising the price for what I can offering me other things which I am not interested in for more money.

Reasons for choosing Motive

Because KeepTruckin had no problem logging teams as long as my phone was charged It handled both drivers.

Reasons for switching to Motive

It could not keep up with team drivers. Would not stay charged. Maybe it had too many apps???

Response from KeepTruckin

Thank you, Cammy. We're glad that you like using our service. Keep on Truckin!

Anthony

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

ELD for a newbie

Pros

As someone who had no prior knowledge to the transportation industry this has been the easiest way to learn. The customer service is unmatched. I’ve called at 3am for help because I did something wrong and at 8pm. Without fail I have always been able to speak with a real life individual who has helped me immensely and also walked me through the system. I have recommended KeepTruckin dozens of times because of all that listed above. I won’t ever go with another company so long as they keep this kind of service!

Cons

To be honest there aren’t very many things wrong with this software. Usually the issue I have come across have been user error rather than interface.

Reasons for choosing Motive

The price was so much less but the customer service was superior!

Response from KeepTruckin

Hi Anthony, Thank you for the wonderful review. We're glad that you find our app useful. Please help spread the word. Thanks!

Beatris

Best Decision for our Company

our company bata test equipment for KT and are always giving back feedback i love that i have meeting with there reps about new futures for dash board and actually use our feedback and listen to there customers needs and wants

Pros

its always current and up to date with all new changed to make sure our fleet is compliant with all FMCSA changes. customer success mamagers are always available and on hand. friendly to use for drivers and easy to install.

Cons

sometimes the call center takes a while to fix issue, when i call they have to send to another tier and sometimes things need to be done now so drivers arent in violation. When sending cameras or RMA couldnt take couple days then i forgot about the issue.

Reasons for choosing Motive

the representative sold us.[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]! most important we knew the transition would be smooth and the equipment was easy to install having terminals in different states we knew we needed a big name to help us move 200+ trucks over. never regret and best decision

Reasons for switching to Motive

very un organize! not current and didnt seem like they knew how ELD was working and no changes to and confused. logs where nver coming over to fleet side and lost logs

Response from KeepTruckin

Hi Beatris, thank you for the amazing feedback. We're constantly working on improving our user experience and we are constantly working on improving the quality of our hardware so that you do not face issues in the future.

Replied March 2021