What are DriveCam users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using DriveCam software through verified user reviews

• icon"Good technology and their in cab verbal alerts is amazing and a wonderful idea."
  • icon"It has up to date technology. Overall good quality great customer support."
  • icon"Recognize this was the first product that we tested and implemented and we are very happy with it. The software is easy to use, and if I have any questions the support is very fast."
  • icon"The software does not work very well on a mac. I cannot assign drivers or change them unless I call customer service to do it for me."
  • icon"I have trouble finding exactly what I'm looking for sometimes."

Browse all DriveCam Reviews

• Have you used DriveCam and would like to share your experience with others?

Industry: Utilities

DriveCam

Pros

Recognize this was the first product that we tested and implemented and we are very happy with it. The software is easy to use, and if I have any questions the support is very fast. Very versatile with reports in different formats. Alerts via email are great, and timely.

Cons

I haven't found anything I don't like. Maybe the only drawback is the laptop version only works with Internet Explorer and not Chrome. Not a show stopper but I do get questions from new users who are used to Chrome.

Response from Lytx

Thank you for your review! We heard you regarding browser compatibility. We recently released a redesigned experience that is now mobile-friendly and available from any major browser?including Chrome! Give it a try with your same credentials at https://login.lytx.com/ or contact your account manager for assistance.

Phillip

Lytx has been a game changer for us

Lytx has been great in communicating and answering any questions. Their Client Success Manager has always been available to answer any questions or direct me to the right person.

Pros

I like the ability to review footage in Live Stream/Video Services. Whenever there is an incident/accident, I'm able to go in a search the date/time in question.

Cons

I would like it to be integrated with a telematics/Hours of Service provider so we don't have to have extra equipment in the trucks, since this information is already being captured in the on board computer system.

Reasons for choosing DriveCam

Video Services. The ability to search for recorded video over the competition was the deciding factor.

Mac

April 2022

Great technology, Lousy support and fulfillments

Pros

Good technology and their in cab verbal alerts is amazing and a wonderful idea.

Cons

We have about 50 cameras on contract with them and it’s a huge headache dealing with their reps mistakes, from their engineers, level 3 reps and even managers. If your considering purchasing their cameras for your fleet their in cab verbal alerts and technology is amazing but be prepared to be on hold for long periods of time, invoicing errors, headaches, empty manager promises, shipment mistakes and character issues where no one takes responsibility and pushes you off to the next rep only to make more mistakes.

In cab verbal alerts.

Response from Lytx

Hi Mac, thank you for taking the time to provide us with this feedback. We're sorry for the negative customer service you have experienced. We have passed along this feedback to better serve you and other customers in the future.

Replied April 2022

Karen

Experience with Lytx Drive Cam Program

We have seen a decline in accidents and injuries. Drivers tend to adhere to company policies when they feel that big brother is watching so it's been a good experience thus far.

Pros

It is so very easy to use and I am able to see what my employees are doing to take corrective actions before and prevent a liability or workers comp injury. I am a strong proponent of behavior modification and this program helps me to change undesirable behaviors.

Cons

As with any product, you have to learn it and stay on top of it to obtain the results you are seeking. I always say that the program is as good as the time you invest in it. Sometimes this becomes a challenge with other pressing needs that are demanding attention.

Good Program

Pros

What I like about this software is that it has everything we need, from GPS location, everything on the home page, easy to coach events. I have started to use the new user interface and it’s easy and fast. Also when doing a driver coaching session it will give you the history of the driver, and the location where the event happen.

Cons

What I like least from this software is that they don’t have an app for ISO or Android, on the new user interface need to have a search event on the home page. Other than that everything is great.

Randy

Industry: Food Production

Lytx DriveCam Works!

We are reducing accidents and driving down our repair costs. By treating all events as something that needs to be reviewed, not just coachable events, we are able to find patterns that help our drivers improve.

Pros

I love that we can look at the events, respectfully coach and teach our drivers, so that we can be safer tomorrow than we are today. DriveCam give us access into driver behaviors that we never had before.

Cons

There is nothing I like "least" about the software. It has been a game changer for us.

Christian

Safety Program Results

I have been able to identify all the problem areas in which driver habits will lead to accidents. Through the video events being shared with the drivers, they have had eye opening reactions to their behaviors. Through the coaching sessions we have been able to dramatically reduce events and have seen positive results with behavior changes.

Pros

I enjoy the easy layout and access to all features. The ability to customize the homescreen and to manage the program features easily. Everything from managing events, people and vehicles, to the reporting features.

Cons

When you click inside a tab you cannot easily go back to the previous screen

Response from Lytx

We appreciate your feedback! Our new user experience makes it much easier to navigate. Give it a try with your same credentials at Login.Lytx.com or feel free to contact your account manager for assistance.

Sheila

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Delivery business using LYTX to monitor safe driving practices

It has definitely come in handy when we had a minor accident. It was originally deemed dual fault but upon looking at the video, it was clear the other driver was at fault. LYTX has also started to help change some bad behaviors among my drivers because it has given me information to discuss with them.

Pros

I love that it automatically records events that are triggered. It has helped me avoid fault in minor accidents. Additionally, I think the drivers are better behaved just knowing someone can log on and see their driving behaviors. It's an effective deterrent for bad and unsafe driving practices.

Cons

The software does not work very well on a mac. I cannot assign drivers or change them unless I call customer service to do it for me. Additionally, although the dashboard looks inviting and easy to maneuver, the tabs aren't as obvious. I have trouble finding exactly what I'm looking for sometimes.

Response from Lytx

Thank you for your review! Our new user experience is compatible with Macs, as well as all major browsers. Our system lets you assign and change drivers without the assistance of customer support, and if you're having trouble please contact us so we can help you troubleshoot. www.lytx.com/en-us/support

Very happy and positive.

Pros

This is a great tool to manage your fleet and driver behaviors. You can get ahead of the curve and actually create competition between teams or drivers to see who can get the best score when using this.

Cons

Nothing really it works as expected though not customizable to user needs

Every business should use this to coach and improve the safety of their employees behind the wheel.

Outstanding customer service. Program manager keeps in constant contact and helps the program succeed.

Pros

Lytx reviews the videos and categorizes behaviors.

Cons

Since the software constantly has improved over time, I have no complaints!

Gracie

Lytx Cameras are great. Lytx GPS software is awful.

The camera system is great. The GPS system needs lots of improvement. When our contract is up, we will be switching GPS providers, even if they cost more.

Pros

The dash cameras are great. They provide us with exactly what we were wanting. We can see live view of drivers, and if there was an incident it will trigger an alert and let us know.

Cons

The GPS system is awful. I would highly advise against going with them if this is a feature that is important to you. The state mileage tracking is fine because that is tracked a different way, but the GPS system is hard to navigate and understand. The odometer readings are not correct. Also, we installed the camera/gps system. I would highly advise against that as well. It is more difficult than the simple Lytx cameras we had before. And tech support doesn't help at all. They appear to be reading off a script. If your question is not on there, you might as well just try to Google a solution. Customer service is just as bad.

Reasons for choosing DriveCam

We thought DriveCam would meet our needs better than the rest.

Reasons for switching to DriveCam

We wanted to combine some of our services together. We had Lytx already for the cameras, but had Nextraq for the GPS.

craig

Lytx Dash Cam

It has been awesome. From the the videos to the Tech Support. I have had to call Tech Support about 6 times and they have have been able to come through with flying colors. Our contact is awesome, Tech Support, sales people have been so completely professional, but also personal too.

Pros

The clearness of the videos, the accuracy of the information. The timely manner in which they are download to our system.

Cons

Really I haven't found anything about the Lytx cameras that I don't like.

Jimmy

DriveCam Review

I have not had a negative experience with the safety program or any other interactions with the services offered.

Pros

I enjoy the simplicity of the software and how quickly the videos are accessed in addition to being able to download the videos.

Cons

The new interface does not have the e-mail a video option like the old interface had. I am a frequent user of e-mailing the video directly from the site to the supervisors so they can review.

Safe Driver Review

The overall experience has been excellent and our overall costs associated with MVA has decreased by 600%

Pros

This software has allowed us to concentrate on driver's who require additional training and remediation of poor behaviors. It also allows us to recognize high performing drivers.

Cons

We do not have any cons associated with the product.

Dusty

Useless in its time of great need.

We have just experienced the single most devastating crash of our history, and can not get any video of it from Lytx. A driver died in this crash. We made multiple attempts to "force upload" the video while on the phone with Lytx, and finally mailed them the camera. They have sent me videos from the day of the crash that occurred before the event, and after the event, but have only vaguely said that it "appears" the camera was without power at the time of the crash. All other electronic devices on the truck functioned during the crash and the truck never lost electrical power. Multiple calls and I am still being told "someone will email me more info" but have made no headway in speaking to anyone in charge.

Pros

Simple, with a degree of privacy offered to the driver

Cons

Only receive a video if the device deems it worth sending. The recording is proprietary to Lytx, which means if there is video on the camera and it will not upload you must send the camera to Lytx to get the videos from it. If you call in with a problem someone is prompt to answer, but when you request to speak to someone else because the problem is not handled you are told they can not transfer or direct you to anyone, but they will send out a case and someone should call you back.....

Reasons for choosing DriveCam

Ryder Insurance pushed for the use of this company.

Chad

Lytx experience

Pros

Lytx has a great system. The product is very easy to use. It is simple and it works. Great to have them as a vendor.

Cons

Product is great nothing but good things to say.

Rick

Decent Camera, But Just Not For Me

Pros

The actual footage is clear and useful when you need it. The GPS tracking is legit as it allows you to see where your driver is when you need to. Customer service was good and handled issues fairly quickly.

Cons

I had issues with retrieving videos when I needed them. Having to request a video which sometimes took 24 hours to get was not ideal when the camera didn't pick up an accident. When the driver can use the footage to show they weren't at fault that was a real letdown.

Response from Lytx

Rick, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're disappointed to hear that your driver wasn't able to access video footage in their time of need and sincerely apologize. We invite you to email Support@lytx.com with your company name, the best way to contact you, and your case number if you have one. From there we will have someone get in touch with you with more details about your video request.

Replied January 2022

Wendy

Drivecam

Great to work with, improving drivers attention to driving

Pros

Easy to use Saves on litigation Protects

Cons

The lag time in being notified about a critical event

Great Driver Management Tool

We have reduced preventable accidents by a significant number, our driver performance has improved to a standard in which we are now setting the example nationwide.

Pros

Software provides opportunities to record and save information on drivers and allows you to build a file on each driver. This allows for you to track trends, issues, and see if there is improvement or lack thereof.

Cons

Software could be slightly more user friendly sometimes it takes a bit to find what you are looking for if you do not use it every single day.

Amanda

Wonderful

Lytx has helped us determine fault when it comes to MVAs

Pros

easy to use and understand it has up to date technology overall good quality great customer support

Cons

the challenges we have with the software are the triggers and not being able to change them. we should be able to pick and choose our own triggers

Neil

program review

excellent

Pros

Driver improvement and protection against false accident claims

Cons

time intervals of "hibernate" mode should be shorter/more options

DENNIS

Best Camera System

We have been involved in 3 accidents and the camera system has shown that we were not at fault.

Pros

It is very easy to use. Tech. support is amazing.

Cons

There is no Cons. We have had the system for over a year

Jim

I had some concerns

Everything that was promised came through. The product does exactly what we were looking for.

Pros

Very intuitive, so easy to use. Questions are answered in a very timely manner.

Cons

Could use a few more features, users could have more control.

Bobby

Software Review

Cost related to better accident management.

Pros

The ability to rapidly identify risk and priorize actions to be safer.

Cons

Nothing I can say that I like least. Maybe better use of the new user interface

Impactful Safety System

The rollout went fairly smooth, but I had to prod our account rep to remind her to do various tasks. However, the effectiveness of the program is undeniable. We have already seen a big improvement in getting our drivers to change their behavior.

Pros

I really like how the events are previewed and categorized for us before we get them to coach. This helps us be efficient and address these issues in a timely manner.

Cons

There are still bugs, especially with the Video Services and Fleet Tracking services.

4.4/5 out of 25 reviews