All Motive Reviews

Reviewed May 2022

Fully Vetted System

Reviewed April 2022

terrific

PROS

ease of use. the simplest and best ELD and GPS on the market

CONS

cant think of anything negative truthfully

its the best around

Reasons for switching to Motive

used KT before and thought it was the best so switched back

Thank you for the wonderful review! It's great to hear that you appreciate our service. Please help spread the word and for any further queries please feel free to reach us out at support@keeptruckin.com or call our 24/7 Support Line (855) 434-3564, we will be more than happy to assist you.

Replied April 2022

Carlos

Reviewed June 2022

Motive Review

Overall experience is very good and very happy with the products, software and customer service.

PROS

Accessibility and relative ease of use. User friendly.

CONS

The “touchy” tracking nature of the ELD when the truck is moving slowly though will put the driver in driving duty status when in Off Duty or Sleeper status.

Reason for choosing Motive

Motive seemed to be ahead of the competition in almost all aspects of products and service.

Reasons for switching to Motive

Needed a more superior software, ELD and customer service.

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear that you are satisfied with Motive (formerly KeepTruckin) services. For any further questions or concerns regarding anything, feel free to email us at support@gomotive.com or call us directly at our 24/7 Support Line (855) 434-3564, and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Replied June 2022

Eddie

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201-500 employees

Reviewed July 2021

Horrible customer support

If this company wants to improve they must acknowledge issues with their equipment and software and horrible support they have. Their support is from Pakistan and almost every time when you call you lose connection. So when you call back you have to start all over explaining your issue.

PROS

I was really happy with product and support. But lately we started having issues and customer service takes too long to resolve issues. We even end up getting violations from DOT because of issues that take too long to resolve. Getting your rep reached its impossible I have been emailing and calling my rep for 14 days and no answer. Whenever their equipment fails they always blame on driver or anything else but their equipment. Their customer support from Pakistan has horrible connection and never calls you you back when you get disconnected.

CONS

Horrible customer support lately its impossible to reach your rep or receive support in time.

Reason for choosing Motive

At time when I was signing up with this company it all looked promising and great. But recently this company became worst nightmare for our staff to handle issues and problems with their ELD connection to driver phones.

Penny

Reviewed December 2023

Motive User

Very good experience. Any time I've had to call customer service they have resolved the issue immediately

PROS

The ability to keep track of everything in one app. Great customer service

CONS

Occasional disconnects. Real time tracking lags a bit

Reason for choosing Motive

Good value for the money. They came highly recommended.

Thank you for the wonderful review, Penny! It's great to hear that you appreciate our service. Please help spread the word and for any further queries please feel free to reach us out at support@gomotive.com or call our 24/7 Support Line at (855) 434-3564, we will be more than happy to assist you.

Replied December 2023

Sondra

Oil & Energy, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2022

KeepTruckin

I'm grateful that they are always available - 24 hours a day every day of the year. Customer Service is typically very kind and happy to assist. It does a lot of things all in one program instead of needing additional products to accomplish your day.

PROS

The overall program is great. The reports are great and real-time tracking is amazing

CONS

I don't like the fuel program (which is important to me). There should be an easier way to make corrections than one entry at a time - very time consuming and usually makes for a bad day! But after it's completed, I'm grateful I don't have to do it all on graph paper with a pencil anymore!

Reason for choosing Motive

Already told you the story! I think you guys have a great product, and your customer service is truly the icing on the cake.

Reasons for switching to Motive

When ELDs first came out Verizon jumped right on board to provide the product and everyone was scrambling to find a carrier because most companies had procrastinated hoping that the bills would not pass making them necessary. Verizon made lots of promises with all the flash and glam -- but sadly I don't think they knew what they had just bit off. It was very frustrating to trucking companies as well as the drivers. One of my drivers came in and talked to me about KeepTruckin he said he used the ap on his phone and it was phenomenal, so I made the call and talked to sales. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] had all of our equipment to us "overnight" and a team to help me learn how to install and operate the eld - and we've never looked back.

Dear customer, Thank you for the wonderful review, Sondra! It's great to hear that you appreciate our service. Please help spread the word and for any further queries please feel free to reach us out at support@keeptruckin.com or call our 24/7 Support Line (855) 434-3564, we will be more than happy to assist you.

Replied March 2022

Alanna

Reviewed December 2022

Used to be top of their field. Going downhill fast

PROS

I used to sing their praises - if they USED to be a solid platform, then there must be some remaining good bones in there somewhere. They need to get back to basics like knowledgeable customer service. It's super frustrating to call a support line and regularly end up telling the support staff "Yeah... that "solution" isn't going to fix this particular issue" and repeatedly be correct. Maybe they can find their way back to the stellar company they once were?

CONS

Degrading support, connectivity issues mean that logs get thrown out of compliance - having to edit and assign drive time after the fact doesn't help drivers keep track of their time, etc. Unreliable.

Reasons for switching to Motive

Basically, we made the switch for ALL the reasons I outlined above. PeopleNet also started out great then degraded over time. I am now looking at other platform options to switch to since Motive has gone the same way as PeopleNet

We're so sorry to hear that you did not have a great experience with Motive! We are interested in learning more about the difficulties that you are experiencing. Can you please email your comments to support@gomotive.com or call our 24/7 support line at 855-434-3564? Thank you!

Replied December 2022

Marc

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2021

Duncan Oil

Awsome. Very manager and driver friendly.

PROS

That minimal equipment is needed within the cab. Mobile devices, tablets, and computers are utilized without having to buy expensive onboard units. Being that the system operates off of an app on a mobile device updates are current, quick, and require no extra items to be purchased.

CONS

The system operates off of a cell signal. At times of poor service there might be a period of time where current updates are not seen until a signal is reacquired. This is minimal at best but does occur.

Reason for choosing Motive

App based mobile devise system. Can be used off anything that has bluetooth capabilities.

Reasons for switching to Motive

We were told that our head units would no longer be current and unable to communicate at the end of 2021 due to the 5G updates. They required us to purchase new equipment at a cost of $50,000+. KeepTruckin offered a better option and we were even able to acquire dashcams for all units.

Hi Marc, thank you for your feedback. Glad to know that you enjoyed using our services. Keep on Truckin!

Replied August 2021

Gabriel

Reviewed July 2021

Great Product!

PROS

I love that connecting to the trucks is simple and quick. The information that is collected and provided helps you to see the impact that drivers, trucks, trailers and many other factors impact your business. The customer service (if you ever have to contact them) is great and they have been able to solve any issues I've had.

CONS

I was used to an ELD that was one-time larger purchase, but then no monthly fee. It was hard to get to used to paying monthly subscription, as we are a smaller company looking to save everywhere we can. But, after multiple DOT stops, and non-conformance through a sub-par ELD, I decided to give Keep Truckin a try. I don't guess this is necessarily a Con, just something I was wasn't excited about (monthly subscription).

Reason for choosing Motive

I chose KeepTruckin based on it's reputation and other peoples views about the product. I've been satisfied and love to see the improvements made.

Reasons for switching to Motive

BlueInk Technologies plainly told me they could not offer me conformance after a year or so of me constantly reporting issues, bugs, etc. There would be days of communication back and forth trying to figure out the issue. After all was said and done, they bought back their devices. Not sure if they pulled the item off the market, but it was trash for what we needed it for and what they said would work.

Thank you, Gabriel. We're glad that you like using our service. We value your input and feedback very much. Keep on Truckin!

Replied July 2021

Carl

Reviewed April 2021

Small Charter Motorcoach Operator Review

I like the software, I WOULD recommend it to an operator. I do know that some operators still use cheaper systems, or something too big for a small operator to use. This is one of KT's best features, size doesn't seem to matter, and it's not too expensive for a small operator., who has to operate with the same requirements or regulations as the larger operator.

PROS

Ease of use. Had no trouble installing and using the logbook feature. State and Federal DOT inspectors have no issues (yet) dealing with this logbook. It saves fuel receipts (important). I can, after some learning, draw the reports I need. KT called me about a connection issue I was unaware of, which was easily repaired. KT keeps up with any FMCSA logbook requirement changes.

CONS

Drawing reports can be complicated and clunky. In particular selecting date values is irritating. Search (anything) is missing. Reports difficult to combine for a full-service report (such as an IFTA audit). The dashcam feature is annoying, it doesn't always work, and right now is out of service.

Reason for choosing Motive

Seemed to fit the Charter Motorcoach business the best. Saucon was more geared to the multi-coach market and was prohibitively expensive. Garmin ELog was slow to correct problems and operated with some difficulty.

Reasons for switching to Motive

It seemed that BigRoad was bought out (conjecture here) and became somewhat unresponsive. Initially they were a pleasure to deal with, I even did a review that appeared online.

Thank you, Carl. We're glad that you like using our services. We truly appreciate your feedback.

Replied April 2021

Steven

Automotive, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2019

Terrible Company to Deal With

Terrible 1/10 would not recommend

PROS

After an initial learning curve the software is actually good.

CONS

Even if they had the best product they have a nonesistent customer service. This company reached out and sold us on why we should use them for an ELD service, so we purchased it. After the fact we researched and found out we do not need them because we qualify for an exemption. I called to cancel and they told us they wont refund us ANYTHING even though we only had the service for a month. The product works, but terrible customer service.

Hi Steven, We are sorry to hear that you did not have a great experience using KeepTruckin and want to cancel your subscription. This is concerning to us, as we strive to provide our customers with an outstanding experience. We had the relevant department look into your account but as per the company's policy, we can only process a refund if the customer has informed us within the duration mentioned on the contract. Even our billing department tried their best to compensate you on this matter but the system restricts us and has limitations. Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience and profoundly appreciate your interest in our product. I tried reaching out to you over the phone but couldn't get a hold of you. I have sent you an email as well so if you want to discuss this matter with us, please feel free to reach us out on 24/7 support line at 855-434-3564. You along with the rest of our customers, mean the world to us - we wouldn't be where we are without you.

Replied January 2019

Yehor

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2021

Keeptruckin Cons and Pros

Overall it's a top ELD service provider in the country, and because it's large, it's very slow on new features and technologies. So if you are looking for stable software that works, here is it, but if you are looking to have it all in one, I will think twice and test competitors what will be the best option for you.

PROS

+ Interface + Integrations that works great for our customers and us + Easy to use for Drivers and main thing ELD Works great + Driver Mobil APP

CONS

- Cameras - Problems with them All the time - Cameras - 1-minute video Recovery cont convenient at all, Samsara with this better - Customer Support Could be better - Very slow to implement changes/fixes/new features - Mobil App for Manager has terrible units view (Grouping units under one dot its craziness) - When Tracked Truck + Tracked Trailer moving together you see 1 group with a number of UNITS instead of combined Truck + trailer unit with their numbers and Driver Name.

Reason for choosing Motive

Back in the days, keeptruckin UI was definitely the best option for drivers, plus app that works. Today, it's under the question

Terrible software, terrible support

Hi Yehor, thanks for your feedback, we appreciate it so much. Let us know what can we do for you to deserve a better rating. Email us at support@keeptruckin.com and we'll more than happy to assist you. Thank you

Replied April 2021

Gary

Translation and Localization, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2021

Meh product.

Incredibly mediocre at best. It seems like Keep Truckin is more concerned with rolling out new features and gaining market share over fixing old issues and keeping current customers happy. We will not be renewing at the end of the contract. We require a more reliable ELD service.

PROS

It has many of the functions we need to locate our fleet.

CONS

The updates. We use company supplied tablets to interface with the Keep Truckin ELD. We used to rely on the internet connection supplied by the Keep Truckin ELD to keep the ELD application up to date. There are so many updates that we found ourselves running out of plan data. To be clear, we lock the tablets down so only Keep Truckin app can be used so it is not other apps. We have recently shut down our automatic updates for the Keep Truckin app which means my fleet is constantly behind on updates - some which are critical for the operation. It creates a real hardship to have to manually update our Keep Truckin ELD app when trucks come through the home terminal. Also, trucks that will not leave the drive line when the truck stops is becoming more frequent. ELD connectivity is a real problem.

Reason for choosing Motive

It seemed like we would get more features and the ELD would be more user friendly for the drivers.

Reasons for switching to Motive

We really apologize for the inconvenience faced. Kindly share the details with us at "support@keeptruckin.com". Our team will look into it and get back to you with a resolution.

Replied November 2021

Lloyd

Farming, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2022

Over-all the product has promise but there are some issues.

Overall, I feel like the product has a lot of good uses, and if it is what people purchase I do not feel that they will be slighted or taken advantage of. Some of the problems (GPS as previously mentioned) are annoying but it only affects the dashboard and not the logs so it is not deal breakingly bad.

PROS

I like the ease of customization and the ease of use. I can show someone how to use this product in 10min and expect that he or she will be able to do the bare minimum required of them with this. Or I can take the afternoon and show someone how to make it work for them personally and the best way for them to use it.

CONS

There are a lot of gaps in the GPS service. I notice at least 3 times a month, the gps stops tracking. It will then randomly pick up again. If it is satellite coverage, a better system is needed.

Reason for choosing Motive

It was used by one of my drivers previously, so their experience in it meant that I could take the time to learn it myself and not have to worry about teaching it as well as learning it.

Hi Lloyd, Thank you for the review! We value your input. Please help us to improve by providing more information on your experience. We can be reached at (855) 434-3564/support@keeptruckin.com.

Replied January 2022

Hannah

Reviewed September 2021

My outtake on KT

I think we have a good experience with keep truckin, there are a few issues however i think with all technology there would be. It is easy to use, easy to teach someone to use and very user friendly with alot of options that can be used by anyone.

PROS

I like having 24/7 support, i like that support is reached by phone or email. I like the tracking, the ease of use on the app for drivers. I like how there is a lot of features and always someone willing to help.

CONS

I dislike constant updates, most of our drivers are not great with technology and asking them to update the app weekly is very hard. I do not like the disconnects and "driving in progress events" that can take days to sort.

Reasons for switching to Motive

We needed something better for our company and more reliable

Hi Hannah, thank you for taking out time and sharing your feedback with us. We will try to further improve our services based on your feedback but we are glad to know that you liked our services. Thank you for choosing KeepTruckin!

Replied September 2021

Audrey

Reviewed April 2022

Poor equipment and support

Horrible .. I have over 500+ emails to correct issues with their system over 2 years and still have the same issues. Get constant calls from their support who then never follow up or fix anything ever only to receive an email saying thank you your case has been closed when nothing has been done.

PROS

This should be an asset to my company instead it is a constant aggravation and issue. THe system is full of issues and has never worked or been accurate a single day. the devices fail constantly the website is never accurate or intelligent . I have had the same issues for now 2 years and nothing has been done. They do not understand and customer support is not in the US and very frustrating. the equipment and tracking is never accurate. I have had to replace almost every device now multiple times and have to fight to get anything done about the inaccuracies, they refuse to realize it is an issue with their software yet in the end every time that is what is has been. You cannot rely on any of the reports to be accurate and forget trying to use the trailer tracking as it never works. The logs are always wrong showing the wrong equipment as the system does not update and never works. Unassigned miles will become a full time job you will have to hire someone to do and there devices disconnect and don't track hundreds of miles daily. the integration with prophesy and automatic check calls never work and gives inaccurate info to customers. The dispatching does not work if devices are down and that is daily so it cannot be used to dispatch as they is no way to dispatch to a rental truck or a device that is down and theor devices never work so you cannot use it to dispatch as you would be screwed daily . they are clearly not in transportation and do not understand how it works

CONS

everything

Reason for choosing Motive

they lied and said they had great product

Reasons for switching to Motive

they said they were better they lied

We're so sorry to hear that you did not have a great experience using the KeepTruckin app! We are interested in learning more about the difficulties that you are experiencing. Can you please email your comments to support@gomotive.com or call our 24/7 support line at 855-434-3564.

Replied April 2022

Dale

Reviewed March 2023

Customer service needs help!

System works as they say but for what I need is not required.

PROS

The equipment is well worth the money and operates as expected. You can monitor the truck every mile it travels and also tells you how the truck is running. You can actually see where the truck is and how fast or slow it is going.

CONS

Their sales team will promise you things and not follow through with it. They said I could upgrade my cameras at not charge and three months later I was charged for them. When you call to ask why they said I authorized it and also extended the plan term. None of which I did because the salesman told do not sign anything. When I called they told me they were going to review the phone records and see what was actually said. No one ever called me back so a week later I called back again and went through the same conversation. The gentleman which was hard to understand told me that he will send me a request for a refund and all I had to do was to sign it and send it back. When I received the email it had on another extension of contract so I questioned it and he said don’t worry in the top left corner says amendment. So in order for me to get my $800.+ refund I had to sign ( ducu sign ) . Received the refund but still was being charged for the camera’s monthly fee when I told them to cancel it. Then in January I was charged again for one month of camera service and then in February was charged for three more months of camera service. Called back and had to sign another AMENDMENT to the contract to get another refund. Every time I call I go through this process and seem like I’m not getting any response . They keep saying we will review the phone conversation and get back. I am not using the program at all being that I am local now and don’t need the ELD service .

Hi Dale, We appreciate both your positive and negative feedback and we appreciate your 5 start review for your service. We're sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with our service. We take all feedback seriously and would like to make things right. Please reach out to us at (855) 434-3564 so we can transfer you to the relevant team to fix this issue and address this as soon as possible! Thank you.

Replied March 2023