• Pros

• "tone of reports, easy to use, support is fabulous. able to build reports to fit information required "

• "The program is very stabile. Support team is quick to respond. "

• "The support people are very nice the invoices look professional. It's not as expensive as some of the better programs "

• Cons

• "The only issues that we have run into here is some of our staff are older, they tend to struggle with basic computer knowledge. "

• "certain inventory features have glitches with on order and count difficulty reversing transactions"

• "Payroll product discontinued. We had to switch to another payroll provider. "

Browse PTM-VISION Reviews

John from Central Diesel Sales, Inc

Using Vision Daily

I love the company. We started with Jim back around 2003-2005 I think. We have been with Pluss for many, many years. My father had Pluss software before it was Vision, it was called something else and it was on a DOS platform. About 2011 we switched to Windows based Vision Software. We love that Vision is, for the most part, easy to use. It can be complex at times but the staff is accommodating to us when we have questions.

Pros

I love the functionality of the Work Orders and Sales Orders. It is so simple to go in and write a work order and to set up labor codes. Set up pricing. The program is fast in this regard. It flows well and makes the transaction with the customer go well also. For instance, if a customer asks for an estimate, it is very simple to pull them up, create an estimate and pull the unit from the choices previously entered in. Work orders, sales orders and processing them though is very simple. Accounts payable and accounts receivable are also very simple and straight forward. Pulling these reports is simple and easy to do to manage the business as well.

Cons

Some reports are difficult to find. Many keystrokes to get a report - for instance, to pull a commission report for my parts manager takes around 12 - 15 keystrokes and has me searching for the data. I have the process to pull it up written down and have to look at it every time as it is complicated. I have enough to do without complications from trying to retrieve data. I don't even know what reports I may be missing out on, because they are so complicated to retrieve. I need more data on inventory reports but I was directed that I should spend quite a bit of money and time to come take a class in Montana. I don't have time to leave my business for a class. We are in the middle of a Pandemic where I am hoping just to survive all of the economic downturn created by Covid 19, Riots and Anarchy. I just need a manual on what reports there are, how they may benefit me and the keystrokes to pull them up. That would truly benefit me.

Reasons for Choosing PTM-VISION

We are always searching to make our company better. I get calls all the time from companies selling other software products but I currently have no reason to switch. I like Vision. I like the people there. My employees like it and the price is reasonable. I specifically mentioned that I like the people. They are very helpful and they have good attitudes towards us as customers. That is a big deal to me. When I call in for help, I don't want to be treated like a number. Software is software, but people make the difference and that is really what keeps me as a customer. Don't let that slip as you get bigger. It's the first thing you notice.

Rhonda from MRK Truck and Trailer, Inc.

Truck repair operating software.

We purchased the system after reviewing the on-line demo. The only issue I have is training. We have a small office, each of us wear many "hats". It would have been great if it were cost effective for us to have on-site training that we could have done in the afternoons or on Saturdays.

Pros

The reporting features of this software are very good. The customer service is amazing, they are quick to return a phone call and to assist with any questions or training you may need.

Cons

We have had issues with making the work orders work with our Mitchell estimating program. We would love for our estimates to be able to be converted directly to a work order and then an invoice. We now have to process an estimate then enter a work order from the estimate and then close the work order and process the invoice.

Reasons for Choosing PTM-VISION

We needed a system that could handle inventory with multiple locations . Pluss had better solutions for our accounting needs and our inventory system. They were also much more helpful during the investigating process.

Reasons for Switching to PTM-VISION

We needed more updated software that could handle our work orders and truck repair tickets.

Jeff from J&W Mechanical Fleet Services

Decent software but needs an update

We are still using the software with hopes that there will be some improvements to the overall program. Vision certainly has some big potential if the developer is willing to invest the time and resources to improve upon some of the downsides rather than simply using work arounds. Overall our experience has been so-so with some ups and downs and I wouldn't go out of my way to either recommend nor discourage anyone else from using it.

Pros

I like that Vision is an install based platform. This means that even with network outages I can still operate my business. Vision has some features that after some time to learn them can be very helpful.

Cons

The GUI is very dated and certainly brings me back to the 90's. A GUI update in additiion to the simplifion of multiple features and the deletion of some old features that "no one uses anymore" would be highly appreciated. Their pricing structure for the software can be prohibitive to smaller business and adding features beyond the basic (very basic set up) adds up very quickly. Implimentation was a bit of a nightmare unfortunately which we can certainly take some blame for however, we were put in a position of manually entering all of our data which would have taken months or paying them an extra fee to have them use their propriatary systems to do it for us. This hasn't been the norm for other software we have used or looked into. The required training was also fairly pricy especially considering the overall monthly cost to use the software. As a Canadian user the overall cost is quite a bit more with the exchange rate as the company has no Canadian pricing structure. Hardware integration has also been less than desierable as the list of compatable hardware devices (Printers, Scanners etc.) is fairly short. We would have to downgrade some of our equipment to be able to be compatable with Vision and take full advantage of the features.

Install based

Reasons for Switching to PTM-VISION

We had outgrown the capabilities that quickbooks could provide.

Laurie from IRC

Simple software for family automotive business

We've been using PTM for years and have had virtually no issues with software. Customer service is extremely easy to deal with.

Pros

Program is easy to navigate and help feature can answer most questions.

Cons

Payroll product discontinued. We had to switch to another payroll provider.

Pete from AM FLEET SERVICE

Garbage in Garbage Out

Just in the efforts alone that [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] gave , really made me feel comfortable with the system and wanting to learn more about its capabilities, which is when everything changed when I met [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. She is very customer service oriented and learned exactly what our needs were. She was able to work with myself and other members in establishing a training curriculum that helped with the financial management of the system. what we had learned was that a lot of the issues we were experiencing were of our own creation, hence the term Garbage in Garbage Out. Since then we have seen better results in the accounting portion of the program. However we still were experiencing severe issues with the stability of the system and again working with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], we decided to go with their on site server program, which has been phenomenal. The rollout was a breeze with the great assistance by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who had us up and running within an hour with no disruption to our data or business. We also went with the charge card processing system that directly works with our service and invoicing system making everything more efficient and saving us time. There is still a long learning process, because there is so much that can be done with this software. The help tutorial is very helpful but overtime and with the support given by Pluss which has been great I see us utilizing it to its full potential which should result in immediate results and profitability to our company.

Pros

When I first came on board, the Vision software was not very well liked by my company and some of its users, including our hi level management. The system had severe issues with lag time, crashing and other issues involved with the accounting functions. However over the past year I have worked closely with the Pluss Team and have been able to address a lot of those past issues. My First experience was with the Inventory Control functions. In a nut shell our inventory was way off, mainly due to procedure issues. The first step was to install the Vision Mobile App, that would allow to label and scan items, which helped in our reconciliation of the Inventory. At first I ran into installation issues with the hardware but after working with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] from Pluss, we were able to get it running. Kudos to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who out in a lot of time and effort, as most of the issues we incurred were because of my IT Support. But [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], was a champion and helped me also navigate the system. We now have a great system in place, we are processing the flow of parts exactly as intended and have actually started to see great results coming out of our parts department especially with returns and cores.

Cons

honestly since we upgraded to the onsite server, I have yet to find any major issues with the program.

Reasons for Choosing PTM-VISION

This was the original System in place, but we were looking to

Steve from Trailer Service, Inc

Vision review

Overall the experience has been good. I have always appreciated the people who help me repair issues with software, hardware and when we make boneheaded mistakes. I have always been a fan of how relatively easy the software is to learn and use. It has been a great business tool for TSI.

Pros

When we made the change from Karmac to PTM the driving factor at that time was cost. We were forced to make changes due to Y2K and it was a much better choice to switch than to pay a high fee just to get a patch job from Karmac. My bookkeepers at that time had some experience with the accounting features of PTM due to our Florida branch was using the software. That alone had a large impact on our decision to go with PTM. Later we also learned to appreciate the inventory and point of sale features.

Cons

Trying to get software to completely fit the way we run the business is always a challenge. Attempts are made to make it more of a custom fit but you usually have to bend to the ways of the software since things are designed to fit the masses. Other than that the purchase order functions have always seemed to have some issues that we have learned to deal with.

Reasons for Choosing PTM-VISION

mainly due to the experience we were getting from our Florida branch.

Reasons for Switching to PTM-VISION

mainly due to Y2K but we probably would have done it as some point since our other branch had been using it for a few years.

Ron from Alamo City Truck Service, Inc.

Keeping up with the times

every shop needs a good software for use of the shop managers. this system does a good enough job of that. don't take a long time to make a work order. some of the parts could be made easier to use and the bar coding version made better. system gets expensive once all components are bought to use it fluently.

Pros

reports from the service side It has a good service side or sales Easy and fast to make a work order

Cons

not a fan of the updates. they seem to make changes with the system and we don't know what they are until we open the system to use and find them. especially surprises in the parts and inventory area is hard to handle at times. System has a lot of options, but once we tried to use them they did not fit in the system without too many steps and cumbersome to use.

Reasons for Choosing PTM-VISION

at the time we looked at it seemed to be good at reporting. also the easy of making a work order. PRICE. you really never know all about what a system will do for you until the employees have used it for a year or more and you can see all of its downfalls. the salesmen did a great job of showing it and talking it up.

Reasons for Switching to PTM-VISION

it was not internet based at that time and could not get good reporting for mechanics hours and work order processing. could not get anymore out of a terminal system.

Ryan from Abbyland Trucking, Inc.

PTM Software Review

It has been a well enough experience, that we keep using the program.

Pros

I like the program. Works with ease being our service facility runs day and night. Users don't get hung up to the point they can perform simple jobs tasks as i have seen with other programs.

Cons

Search functions for customer lookup as well as parts look up are very dated. System needs more intelligence in that area as i have seen using other programs where less is more in the data search fields. System bogs down with overwhelming amounts of data we put into it and we need to index often to avoid this. It would also be nice if it was a sequel based program vs foxpro - notes that i have heard through our company's IT dept.

Reasons for Choosing PTM-VISION

Ease of use for staff and speed getting washbay customers in and out

Reasons for Switching to PTM-VISION

AS400 system that was to complex and outdated for new employee.

KIM from STEPHENS TRUCK CENTER

PTM-VISION Review

FAIR

Pros

AVAILIBILITY--AND EASE OF USE---AFFORDABILITY--

Cons

CORES----REPORTS-----CHANGING OF PERSONAL

PRICE

Response from Pluss

Replied July 2020

Thank you for your review and the honest feedback. We are glad to see that overall you are satisfied, but it looks like we have some work to do to help improve things for you. You have been with us for a long time and your opinion is very important to us.

Data requires a lot of oversight

Overall the system is functional. Although the software does run slow unless you are on a remote desktop situation. From talking to IT folks, the issue seems to be connected to the FoxPro database structure that it uses which is about 20 years old and most apps do not run on anymore. But you get what you pay for. PTM-Vision is super cheap up front which makes for an enticing offer. But you pay for it in lack of features and sometimes glitchy and slow running software. Also, the reporting is okay, although limited. And they are nothing compared to the BI reporting you can do with many of the other software options.

Pros

It is very affordable. The support is friendly and most of the time are able to solve your problem quickly.

Cons

There are a lot of strange happenings in this software. Payments on customers accounts will randomly change amounts. Nobody has ever been able to explain this. Workorders will randomly duplicate themselves. There are a number of 'utilities' that you need to run in order to get accurate reports. You have to be vigilant about double checking your data.

Response from Pluss

Replied April 2019

Thank you for the kind words in regards to our professional staff members, we take great pride in all of our employees so much so we bought the company. It would be impossible for us to address each issue you are experiencing here but we would appreciate the opportunity to do so at your convenience. The most successful companies we work with are those companies that interact with us. Please give us a call anytime, happy to help.

Aaron from Alliance Motors, Inc.

Great software for those wanting to have a good program without breaking the bank!

I personally have used PTM's software since 2004. So I do have experience with all of the product changes and features inside of the program. I have found that I am able to train our employees pretty easily, and most seem to pick up on it rather quickly. Anytime that I have a question or put in a service ticket it is handled promptly and to our satisfaction. Bottom line the Vision software from Pluss gets the job done! It handles our day to day without spending an arm and a leg.

Pros

The best thing I have to say about Vision is there customer service, they are very quick about helping you get through any issues you might run into. The price for this product compared to others that offer the same features makes this a no brainer. We use Vision for shop jobs, parts sales & inventory, vehicle sales, timeclock, A/R & A/P and reporting.

Reasons for Choosing PTM-VISION

I chose Vision number 1 because of the ease of transition for us, we were already using another of their products so it was streamlined to go to Vision. Number 2 It met our needs. 3 I knew how great their customer service was. 4 Cost.

Wendy from SEPI Diesel

Growing our Business

The biggest benefit we have found while utilizing PTM Vision is the usefulness of purchase orders and posting items received or used per customer immediately during the receiving process.

Pros

The features I like most about PTM Vision software are the abilities to access all company information in one place. Such as vendor and customer information, inventory and margins at your fingertips. This was essential in growing the business from a repair shop to a full blown diesel engine repair facility.

Cons

My least favorite feature of PTM Vision is the reporting and how difficult it is to run simple reports. The path to follow isn't always easy and the information is very in depth and times and vague in some reporting situations.

Reasons for Switching to PTM-VISION

We made the switch to PTM Vision because of the inventory features and the ability to view different scenarios of margin/markup before the final invoicing takes place.

Kay-Cee from Delaney & Ahlf Diesel Service, Inc.

Finally found software to fit our diesel truck shop and parts department!

My experience with PTM-VISION has been amazing! The people they hire really know their stuff. When you call for help they put you with people that have actual experience in the field- parts, service, and accounting. You just tell them what you are trying to accomplish and they help you get it done fast!

Pros

We have a very large inventory. This software not only keeps track of everything we stock, but we can import our price catalogs with ease. Reports in this system are endless! If they do not have a ready made report, you can build your own and save it. Service and customer tracking are great as well as accounting and finance. Very well rounded system overall!

Cons

There are so many cool features in this system that even after a few years there is so much more to learn. The only con is that I do not have enough time to explore all the functions and integrations.

James from Fleet Builder Services Ltd

Customer Service Touch

As a transportation repair provider, we have the ability to customize invoices, stock in inventory and vendors all under one roof. My field technician is comfortable with the software which is what matters most.

Pros

We have an awesome account manager that actively reaches out to see if we have questions or if we need further training. What we like most is integrated merchant payment processing. We started out as a new business using Square & Stripe, but the per transaction fees started to hurt. On the account side, the reports are robust but not as intuitive to run as they could be. We chose to rely on the knowledge base help articles after the initial training was completed which are through.

Cons

Training - Cost for live help when a video tutorials would be better long term User Interface is a facial wart but the UX is fine after time Emailing out of the software requires a connection to an email client. This integration was not covered in training as far as we are aware.

Ken from Coastline Transmission Ltd

Overall, above average experience.

Pros

The program is very stabile. Support team is quick to respond.

Cons

Expensive. Can't access inventory on cell phone. Invoices stored on date opened, not date closed. Can't email PO, long descriptions become unreadable.

Pace support very poor.

Justin from Big Daddys Truck and Trailer

Productivity that works for your bottom line

Pros

When we were looking for a new software system for our shop we were wanting something that would help us track all aspects of our spending, production, receivables, payables and earnings. Vision brings you that plus more. What we really enjoy about using Vision is the integration of CC payments, Ease of use, ability to track and manage our shops productivity for each job, and the ability to properly charge for the services that we provide. Vision has helped bring value to our business and it will yours too!

Cons

I would like to see an iPad app that would allow us to create and close work orders from, inventory counts etc.

Reasons for Choosing PTM-VISION

Overall the attention to detail and customer service.

Michelle from C & R Fleet Services

Best Value in the Market for Decades

Pros

Comprehensive, powerful and easy to learn. When using all of the features you get a great deal of control over your shop. You know how long it takes to get jobs done, which techs are efficient at which jobs and how inventory moves. You have many powerful tools at your finger tips. We have compared it to every software on the market and there is not one out there that is a better value for a Heavy Truck Shop.

Cons

It can be cumbersome and a bit old fashion and does not lend itself to newer formats and applications. It does so much that you can't learn it all. The reports leave a bit to be desired but they promise me they are working on that.

STEVEN from TRAILER SALES & SERVICE, INC

Excellent Software & Service

Pros

Pluss has been our software provider since 2003 and I consider them an asset to our company. The Point of Sale, Work Orders, and Accounting systems are rock solid and I can run thousands of different reports. The software is customized to suit your business needs which is the way it should be. If I ever have a problem or need a custom report I contact them and the support is second to none.

Cons

The email module could be improved upon to integrated with Outlook to provide a more functional CRM system.

Roy from Benning Auto Parts

Pluss credit card processing thru World Pay

My overall experience with implementing this new credit card processing system has been very easy and every step of the process was handled by Plus without any issues. Thank you [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for being persistent in getting me to look at this product. I am very skeptical about changing credit card processors. However, this has been a pleasant experience and is saving me money in processing fees. Once again THANK YOU [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN].

Pros

The most important feature of this credit card payment system is the integration to my Pluss software Point of Sale system. It is such a time saver for my personnel using and processing credit cards.

Cons

The integration was very simple. It took about an hour to get 3 work stations set up to use the new credit card system. The training was very helpful also. It is hard to put into words the time savings this new system provides with the complete integration to our Pluss operating system. The accuracy is spot on as well. The ability to save card information is important also.

Reasons for Switching to PTM-VISION

Savings and Pluss integration to our point of sale system. It saves so much time on the parts sales counter and the accuracy is important as well.

Tara from Petrogas Logisitcs Corp

Love it

really enjoy using this system, have had great help with support

Pros

Cons

as there are tons of reports to choose from, sometime hard to find the correct report

Reasons for Choosing PTM-VISION

ease of use and Motor program

Reasons for Switching to PTM-VISION

Program did not support what we were trying to do, did not have the reports required. Support was not there.

catherine from AM Truck and Auto Repair, Inc.

getting any reports from this software is very difficult and usually the numbers are incorrect.

no benefits

Pros

Cons

It's not a reliable software and I don' t recommend it for inventory or financial information the numbers we enter are not the numbers for some reason they change and you have to call support to fix the problem.

Response from Pluss

Replied June 2019

Hello Catherine, we are sorry for the frustrations you have felt with using certain areas of our program. We want to solve the problems that you, Karl, and Jennifer have experienced, however, we have not had any luck getting in touch with you despite our many attempts. We pride ourselves in our training and support here at Pluss and we value all customer feedback - finding a solution to the issues you have mentioned is our ultimate goal here. The problems you are having are very inconsistent with the experiences of our other customers. We believe the inaccuracy of information could stem from improper use of the software. We've extended an offer to help cover the cost of training, and that offer still stands. Finding a solution to any problem requires communication and collaboration on both ends. If you can assist in the communication and allow us to help, I am confident we can earn your trust back on the functionality and reliability of PTM-Vision. Please call or email us anytime.

GREGG from H.K. Truck Center

Day to Day business management

Pros

Complete DMS that is customizable. PTM- Vision is used by every department and it helps us manage our day to day business operations.

Cons

Reporting. The level of reporting could be better. There is the option to pull data into Excel which is useful for getting the reporting we need to run the business.

Value

Mike from Ross Body & Frame Works inc

vision

in the beginning the ability to have custom items added.

Pros

the ability to watch cash flow and profitability.

Cons

the loss of integrated payroll service in accounting

Reasons for Choosing PTM-VISION

cost and customer service was all we needed to decide.

year 2000 issues

Brad from Simplex

PTM Vision review

Overall has been good value and good fit for our business.

Pros

point of sale program and time clock or employees

Cons

some reports are harder to run . do not use financial side

Reasons for Choosing PTM-VISION

had done research prior to buying

functionality / cost

Chris from Dover Cylinder Head Service, Inc

Excellent product

Pros

The program is very intuitive. Once you get started and familiar its pretty self explanatory. If you get stuck the help desk is always available.

Cons

Online self help is difficult to navigate.

Josh from Reliable Truck Parts Ltd

Part Sales

Far better than our previous system for inventory control and history

Pros

Cost Customer Service Pricing Features Part interchange features Sales History searches

Karl from AM Fleet Service

The system makes bad general ledger entries on vehicle sales. The financials can't be trusted.

I am learning how to continually monitor and manage software errors.

Pros

Nothing and the support staff answers are lacking. "That's weird" is not resolution. Plus simply does not support their product.

Cons

Incorrect general ledger entries. I am the controller for a truck dealership in Philadelphia, PA. The inventory management system and the purchase order system crash frequently. When I pointed out the issues to Adam de Yong, the operations manager at Pluss. His response is no it doesn't. The system does not behave as the support staff expects either. A trusted IT professional believes our database may be corrupted. Pluss has denied and ignored my requests to investigate that possibility.

Response from Pluss

Replied June 2019

Hello Karl, Please refer to our full response to Catherine regarding this. We have not had any luck reaching out despite several attempts and would ask for you to please contact us so we can readdress these issues. Thank You Karl.

Fred from Wilson & Proctor Ltd.

PTM Vision review.

Most Tech support people were good to deal with but some had condescending response or would always blame our network for vision's glitches.All too often when Tech support had to rectify a glitch they had no definitive answer as to why it happened.

Pros

Ease of initial set up.Customer unit information good.

Cons

Far too many glitches.Tech support always blamed our network for why problems arose.Not compatible with Quik Books or Sage accounting systems.Far too many pathways for reports,Every Tech support person from Vision seemed to recommend a different way to navigate not just reporting but almost every feature in Vision.Poor Customer History search engine.Outdated.

Reasons for Switching to PTM-VISION

GK was a Dos based system and although was very reliable with few problems it was limited in features.

Response from Pluss

Replied July 2020

Thanks for your input and feedback. We take your opinion and your company's success on our platform very seriously. We will reach out to see what we can do to find out more and to help address the issues you have with our products and support.

Jennifer from AM Fleet Service & Truck Repair

Not easy to use. Software has a mind of it's own.

Pros

Nothing. If you like constant glitching and being annoyed, look no further.

Cons

This software is horrible for financials. There are so many glitches. Functions are not easy to access.

Response from Pluss

Replied June 2019

Hello Jennifer, Please refer to our full response to Catherine regarding this. We are still very encouraged to have you take part in some of our accounting training. We have not had any luck reaching out to Catherine despite several attempts and would ask for you to please contact us so we can readdress these issues. Thank You Jennifer.