PTM-VISION

PTM-VISION Reviews

RATING:

• icon"The reporting features of this software are very good. The customer service is amazing, they are quick to return a phone call and to assist with any questions or training you may need."
  • icon"The support people are very nice the invoices look professional. It's not as expensive as some of the better programs."
  • icon"If they do not have a ready made report, you can build your own and save it. Service and customer tracking are great as well as accounting and finance."
  • icon"There are a lot of strange happenings in this software. Payments on customers accounts will randomly change amounts."
  • icon"System bogs down with overwhelming amounts of data we put into it and we need to index often to avoid this."
  • icon"Tech support always blamed our network for why problems arose. Not compatible with Quik Books or Sage accounting systems."

Browse all PTM-VISION Reviews

• Have you used PTM-VISION and would like to share your experience with others?

Using Vision Daily

I love the company. We started with Jim back around 2003-2005 I think. We have been with Pluss for many, many years. My father had Pluss software before it was Vision, it was called something else and it was on a DOS platform. About 2011 we switched to Windows based Vision Software. We love that Vision is, for the most part, easy to use. It can be complex at times but the staff is accommodating to us when we have questions.

Pros

I love the functionality of the Work Orders and Sales Orders. It is so simple to go in and write a work order and to set up labor codes. Set up pricing. The program is fast in this regard. It flows well and makes the transaction with the customer go well also. For instance, if a customer asks for an estimate, it is very simple to pull them up, create an estimate and pull the unit from the choices previously entered in. Work orders, sales orders and processing them though is very simple. Accounts payable and accounts receivable are also very simple and straight forward. Pulling these reports is simple and easy to do to manage the business as well.

Cons

Some reports are difficult to find. Many keystrokes to get a report - for instance, to pull a commission report for my parts manager takes around 12 - 15 keystrokes and has me searching for the data. I have the process to pull it up written down and have to look at it every time as it is complicated. I have enough to do without complications from trying to retrieve data. I don't even know what reports I may be missing out on, because they are so complicated to retrieve. I need more data on inventory reports but I was directed that I should spend quite a bit of money and time to come take a class in Montana. I don't have time to leave my business for a class. We are in the middle of a Pandemic where I am hoping just to survive all of the economic downturn created by Covid 19, Riots and Anarchy. I just need a manual on what reports there are, how they may benefit me and the keystrokes to pull them up. That would truly benefit me.

Reasons for choosing PTM-VISION

We are always searching to make our company better. I get calls all the time from companies selling other software products but I currently have no reason to switch. I like Vision. I like the people there. My employees like it and the price is reasonable. I specifically mentioned that I like the people. They are very helpful and they have good attitudes towards us as customers. That is a big deal to me. When I call in for help, I don't want to be treated like a number. Software is software, but people make the difference and that is really what keeps me as a customer. Don't let that slip as you get bigger. It's the first thing you notice.

Rhonda

Truck repair operating software.

We purchased the system after reviewing the on-line demo. The only issue I have is training. We have a small office, each of us wear many "hats". It would have been great if it were cost effective for us to have on-site training that we could have done in the afternoons or on Saturdays.

Pros

Cons

We have had issues with making the work orders work with our Mitchell estimating program. We would love for our estimates to be able to be converted directly to a work order and then an invoice. We now have to process an estimate then enter a work order from the estimate and then close the work order and process the invoice.

Reasons for choosing PTM-VISION

We needed a system that could handle inventory with multiple locations . Pluss had better solutions for our accounting needs and our inventory system. They were also much more helpful during the investigating process.

Reasons for switching to PTM-VISION

We needed more updated software that could handle our work orders and truck repair tickets.

Jeff

Decent software but needs an update

We are still using the software with hopes that there will be some improvements to the overall program. Vision certainly has some big potential if the developer is willing to invest the time and resources to improve upon some of the downsides rather than simply using work arounds. Overall our experience has been so-so with some ups and downs and I wouldn't go out of my way to either recommend nor discourage anyone else from using it.

Pros

I like that Vision is an install based platform. This means that even with network outages I can still operate my business. Vision has some features that after some time to learn them can be very helpful.

Cons

The GUI is very dated and certainly brings me back to the 90's. A GUI update in additiion to the simplifion of multiple features and the deletion of some old features that "no one uses anymore" would be highly appreciated. Their pricing structure for the software can be prohibitive to smaller business and adding features beyond the basic (very basic set up) adds up very quickly. Implimentation was a bit of a nightmare unfortunately which we can certainly take some blame for however, we were put in a position of manually entering all of our data which would have taken months or paying them an extra fee to have them use their propriatary systems to do it for us. This hasn't been the norm for other software we have used or looked into. The required training was also fairly pricy especially considering the overall monthly cost to use the software. As a Canadian user the overall cost is quite a bit more with the exchange rate as the company has no Canadian pricing structure. Hardware integration has also been less than desierable as the list of compatable hardware devices (Printers, Scanners etc.) is fairly short. We would have to downgrade some of our equipment to be able to be compatable with Vision and take full advantage of the features.

Install based

Reasons for switching to PTM-VISION

We had outgrown the capabilities that quickbooks could provide.

Pete

Garbage in Garbage Out

Just in the efforts alone that [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] gave , really made me feel comfortable with the system and wanting to learn more about its capabilities, which is when everything changed when I met [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. She is very customer service oriented and learned exactly what our needs were. She was able to work with myself and other members in establishing a training curriculum that helped with the financial management of the system. what we had learned was that a lot of the issues we were experiencing were of our own creation, hence the term Garbage in Garbage Out. Since then we have seen better results in the accounting portion of the program. However we still were experiencing severe issues with the stability of the system and again working with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], we decided to go with their on site server program, which has been phenomenal. The rollout was a breeze with the great assistance by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who had us up and running within an hour with no disruption to our data or business. We also went with the charge card processing system that directly works with our service and invoicing system making everything more efficient and saving us time. There is still a long learning process, because there is so much that can be done with this software. The help tutorial is very helpful but overtime and with the support given by Pluss which has been great I see us utilizing it to its full potential which should result in immediate results and profitability to our company.

Pros

When I first came on board, the Vision software was not very well liked by my company and some of its users, including our hi level management. The system had severe issues with lag time, crashing and other issues involved with the accounting functions. However over the past year I have worked closely with the Pluss Team and have been able to address a lot of those past issues. My First experience was with the Inventory Control functions. In a nut shell our inventory was way off, mainly due to procedure issues. The first step was to install the Vision Mobile App, that would allow to label and scan items, which helped in our reconciliation of the Inventory. At first I ran into installation issues with the hardware but after working with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] from Pluss, we were able to get it running. Kudos to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who out in a lot of time and effort, as most of the issues we incurred were because of my IT Support. But [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], was a champion and helped me also navigate the system. We now have a great system in place, we are processing the flow of parts exactly as intended and have actually started to see great results coming out of our parts department especially with returns and cores.

Cons

honestly since we upgraded to the onsite server, I have yet to find any major issues with the program.

Reasons for choosing PTM-VISION

This was the original System in place, but we were looking to

Johnny

June 2022

Company that helps you Succeed

Awesome they have been one of the Keys to our success and just darn good people to work with

Pros

I have been with PTM for 24 Plus years they have always worked to make there Product better to help you as a Business succeed, They seek the input of me the customer and end user of what we need to make our operation efficient and successful

Cons

The only Complaint I have is the Accounting Module is made for accounts and doesn't work well with with us that are not accountants

Reasons for choosing PTM-VISION

We sold our business in 2008 and decided to renter The Truck Repair Business in 2017 so we looked at what was available and it was an obvious choice to return to Pluss Corp the are the Total Package if you own a Repair or parts Business

Ron

Keeping up with the times

every shop needs a good software for use of the shop managers. this system does a good enough job of that. don't take a long time to make a work order. some of the parts could be made easier to use and the bar coding version made better. system gets expensive once all components are bought to use it fluently.

Pros

reports from the service side It has a good service side or sales Easy and fast to make a work order

Cons

not a fan of the updates. they seem to make changes with the system and we don't know what they are until we open the system to use and find them. especially surprises in the parts and inventory area is hard to handle at times. System has a lot of options, but once we tried to use them they did not fit in the system without too many steps and cumbersome to use.

Reasons for choosing PTM-VISION

at the time we looked at it seemed to be good at reporting. also the easy of making a work order. PRICE. you really never know all about what a system will do for you until the employees have used it for a year or more and you can see all of its downfalls. the salesmen did a great job of showing it and talking it up.

Reasons for switching to PTM-VISION

it was not internet based at that time and could not get good reporting for mechanics hours and work order processing. could not get anymore out of a terminal system.

Ryan

PTM Software Review

It has been a well enough experience, that we keep using the program.

Pros

I like the program. Works with ease being our service facility runs day and night. Users don't get hung up to the point they can perform simple jobs tasks as i have seen with other programs.

Cons

Search functions for customer lookup as well as parts look up are very dated. System needs more intelligence in that area as i have seen using other programs where less is more in the data search fields. System bogs down with overwhelming amounts of data we put into it and we need to index often to avoid this. It would also be nice if it was a sequel based program vs foxpro - notes that i have heard through our company's IT dept.

Reasons for choosing PTM-VISION

Ease of use for staff and speed getting washbay customers in and out

Reasons for switching to PTM-VISION

AS400 system that was to complex and outdated for new employee.

KIM

PTM-VISION Review

FAIR

Pros

AVAILIBILITY--AND EASE OF USE---AFFORDABILITY--

Cons

CORES----REPORTS-----CHANGING OF PERSONAL

PRICE

Response from Pluss

Thank you for your review and the honest feedback. We are glad to see that overall you are satisfied, but it looks like we have some work to do to help improve things for you. You have been with us for a long time and your opinion is very important to us.

Replied July 2020

Roseanne

March 2022

Glad for the customer support

Glad we have the application and it's support team.

Pros

As far as the software, we like the inventory, account setup, accounts receivable, and accounts payable features the most. We also like the integrated credit card processing. Customer support for VISION is great. You get real people right away (very good thing during a time that requires a call to support.) They listen, respond, follow up. And they're patient and kind about it.

Cons

Like most applications, one must learn to work with it's little quirks. The billing feature is our least favorite. It seems to take longer to get good at using it, however, that may make sense, as it is likely one of the more complicated features in the application.

Melissa

March 2022

Great Service

Pros

TNT Truck Parts deals with so many inventoried parts and it's easy to keep track of everything. In all of my years in Accounting I have never even heard of Pluss, it's been a learning experience for me and with the help of [SENSITIVE CONTENT], [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and the rest of the team they have made every effort to teach what I need to know even things I didn't know I needed to know.

Cons

Not really any cons, when I need a different report or anything they make it happen.

Data requires a lot of oversight

Overall the system is functional. Although the software does run slow unless you are on a remote desktop situation. From talking to IT folks, the issue seems to be connected to the FoxPro database structure that it uses which is about 20 years old and most apps do not run on anymore. But you get what you pay for. PTM-Vision is super cheap up front which makes for an enticing offer. But you pay for it in lack of features and sometimes glitchy and slow running software. Also, the reporting is okay, although limited. And they are nothing compared to the BI reporting you can do with many of the other software options.

Pros

It is very affordable. The support is friendly and most of the time are able to solve your problem quickly.

Cons

There are a lot of strange happenings in this software. Payments on customers accounts will randomly change amounts. Nobody has ever been able to explain this. Workorders will randomly duplicate themselves. There are a number of 'utilities' that you need to run in order to get accurate reports. You have to be vigilant about double checking your data.

Response from Pluss

Thank you for the kind words in regards to our professional staff members, we take great pride in all of our employees so much so we bought the company. It would be impossible for us to address each issue you are experiencing here but we would appreciate the opportunity to do so at your convenience. The most successful companies we work with are those companies that interact with us. Please give us a call anytime, happy to help.

Replied April 2019

Trevor

July 2022

Awesome

I love the software and it's helped me manage my business and make it more profitable.

Pros

I love the features and customization of the software.

Cons

I really don't have any cons. The system is amazing, and the staff is very helpful.

Reasons for switching to PTM-VISION

I needed a system that could track everything better.

Michelle

Best Value in the Market for Decades

Pros

Comprehensive, powerful and easy to learn. When using all of the features you get a great deal of control over your shop. You know how long it takes to get jobs done, which techs are efficient at which jobs and how inventory moves. You have many powerful tools at your finger tips. We have compared it to every software on the market and there is not one out there that is a better value for a Heavy Truck Shop.

Cons

It can be cumbersome and a bit old fashion and does not lend itself to newer formats and applications. It does so much that you can't learn it all. The reports leave a bit to be desired but they promise me they are working on that.

Steve

Vision review

Overall the experience has been good. I have always appreciated the people who help me repair issues with software, hardware and when we make boneheaded mistakes. I have always been a fan of how relatively easy the software is to learn and use. It has been a great business tool for TSI.

Pros

When we made the change from Karmac to PTM the driving factor at that time was cost. We were forced to make changes due to Y2K and it was a much better choice to switch than to pay a high fee just to get a patch job from Karmac. My bookkeepers at that time had some experience with the accounting features of PTM due to our Florida branch was using the software. That alone had a large impact on our decision to go with PTM. Later we also learned to appreciate the inventory and point of sale features.

Cons

Trying to get software to completely fit the way we run the business is always a challenge. Attempts are made to make it more of a custom fit but you usually have to bend to the ways of the software since things are designed to fit the masses. Other than that the purchase order functions have always seemed to have some issues that we have learned to deal with.

Reasons for choosing PTM-VISION

mainly due to the experience we were getting from our Florida branch.

Reasons for switching to PTM-VISION

mainly due to Y2K but we probably would have done it as some point since our other branch had been using it for a few years.

Aaron

Great software for those wanting to have a good program without breaking the bank!

I personally have used PTM's software since 2004. So I do have experience with all of the product changes and features inside of the program. I have found that I am able to train our employees pretty easily, and most seem to pick up on it rather quickly. Anytime that I have a question or put in a service ticket it is handled promptly and to our satisfaction. Bottom line the Vision software from Pluss gets the job done! It handles our day to day without spending an arm and a leg.

Pros

The best thing I have to say about Vision is there customer service, they are very quick about helping you get through any issues you might run into. The price for this product compared to others that offer the same features makes this a no brainer. We use Vision for shop jobs, parts sales & inventory, vehicle sales, timeclock, A/R & A/P and reporting.

Cons

The only issues that we have run into here is some of our staff are older, they tend to struggle with basic computer knowledge.

Reasons for choosing PTM-VISION

I chose Vision number 1 because of the ease of transition for us, we were already using another of their products so it was streamlined to go to Vision. Number 2 It met our needs. 3 I knew how great their customer service was. 4 Cost.

Wendy

Growing our Business

The biggest benefit we have found while utilizing PTM Vision is the usefulness of purchase orders and posting items received or used per customer immediately during the receiving process.

Pros

The features I like most about PTM Vision software are the abilities to access all company information in one place. Such as vendor and customer information, inventory and margins at your fingertips. This was essential in growing the business from a repair shop to a full blown diesel engine repair facility.

Cons

My least favorite feature of PTM Vision is the reporting and how difficult it is to run simple reports. The path to follow isn't always easy and the information is very in depth and times and vague in some reporting situations.

Reasons for switching to PTM-VISION

We made the switch to PTM Vision because of the inventory features and the ability to view different scenarios of margin/markup before the final invoicing takes place.

Kay-Cee

Finally found software to fit our diesel truck shop and parts department!

My experience with PTM-VISION has been amazing! The people they hire really know their stuff. When you call for help they put you with people that have actual experience in the field- parts, service, and accounting. You just tell them what you are trying to accomplish and they help you get it done fast!

Pros

We have a very large inventory. This software not only keeps track of everything we stock, but we can import our price catalogs with ease. Reports in this system are endless! If they do not have a ready made report, you can build your own and save it. Service and customer tracking are great as well as accounting and finance. Very well rounded system overall!

Cons

There are so many cool features in this system that even after a few years there is so much more to learn. The only con is that I do not have enough time to explore all the functions and integrations.