What are Samsara users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Samsara software through verified user reviews

• icon"Excellent reporting and driver management platform as well. All in one pricing was also a great feature."
  • icon"This has already improved the effectiveness of our system quite a bit."
  • icon"The ability to share live links is very helpful. The Time on Site report is a great tool to share with shippers and consignees."
  • icon"Absolute worst customer service I think I've ever dealt with in my professional 10 year career. You can not get a hold of them by phone."
  • icon"Lack of integration with our CRM and inability to automate creating new customers from an outside source."
  • icon"The only downside is that when the gateway has an issue with the truck the GPS tracking is shut down."

Browse all Samsara Reviews

• Have you used Samsara and would like to share your experience with others?

L. Houston

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Samsara is an excellent Fleet Management software

I am pleased with Samsara overall. It has shown us how to take our business to the next level. As we've evolved, our requirements of Samsara have as well. Although Samsara could not anticipate this, I am eager to give helpful insight on how to help Samsara go even further!

Pros

I enjoy having the insight that it provides us. Literally, with what I can see on the road, and all of the back-end data it can provide us. Samsara helps us remain compliant in our industry. So its routing functions are a leading example of what vehicle tracking should look like. Lastly, the driver app is what comes in the clutch to wrap it all up. Our staff finds the app very intuitive, simple, and it rarely faults. It is official and its documents function help us log valuable information that we turn into presentable data!

Cons

The system is buggy, and I find myself having to call in every so often to inquire about why I'm not seeing certain stats or images on my vehicles from their dashcams. The Driver app sometimes force quits and will sometimes refuse my drivers to log information.

Capterra reviews!

Reasons for switching to Samsara

Samsara is robust, very user-friendly, and is scalable.

Tate

The smart, do everything, connected vehicle solution.

Samsara has been a great tool not only in organizing and managing out vehicles and assets, but has allowed us to successfully defend against false claims. Samsara is such a value additive software, that it dampens my frustration with the many bugs and problems evident in rushed development and poor testing for certain features. I honestly can not say this for any other software I use.

Pros

Everything you need is included, and in one place. Fleet tracking, cameras, HOS, safety, performance, and dispatch tools all live in one place. Additionally, the team is very responsive in creating one-off or custom integrations should you need them.

Cons

The cameras, the logic by which they record, and the dashboard for viewing them could use some work. You're unable to retrieve segments more than 60 seconds in length at any one period of time. They offer a "hyperlapse" mode, but I find this to be a useless gimmick as the compression effectively omits frames making it difficult to identify incident times.

Reasons for choosing Samsara

The overall features and consolidation allowed us to move iot sensors, telematics, cameras, and HOS into one platform. No other platform can claim to do each of these features as well as Samsara, and the combined price of the other solutions amount to much more than Samsara. It's truly a brilliant solution.

Reasons for switching to Samsara

Automile was unreliable, and often experiences outages that lasted a full working day.

Julia

March 2022

Buyer beware

Samsara engages in unethical business practices. Buyer Beware. I had canceled my contract and purchased another system. The company was very clear that the contract would not renew. Low and behold, they automatically renewed it and are giving me the run around. Also, they double billed me in 2020 and I had to fight tooth and nail to have them credit my account. I was also sent and billed for a device I never used. I contacted them immediately about their shippng error. It was a nightmare. Their finance department strong arms you. They spend all their money on their sales team. The customer service and billing departments are ruthless and unethical. GO ELSEWHERE. Here was my letter to their finance dept "1) have an unused GPS device from Samsara, I want to make sure I haven't been charged for this. 2) The program hasn't been working for Dogwalks. There are at least two vans that I cannot track using the latest version of Chrome. I was on the phone with customer service for over an hour trying to troubleshoot this one day. 3) The system did not work for months for a few of our vehicles. Samsara customer support was of no help. I had to pay a mechanic hundreds of dollars to find the problem and fix it. 4) Yesterday I wanted to find out where I could find information about the different "contracts" Dogwalks has but unfortunately I was constantly interrupted. I'd like to work with a person at Samsara that can help me understand how Samsara works. I genuinely did not understand

Pros

Easy to install Provides GPS tracking but not as detailed or accurate of other companies.

Cons

Doesn't work in Chrome. Had to spend hours with customer service, renewing Chrome, logging on to different devices and browsers to no avail. So I could only track some NOT all of my fleet. This went on for months and I was never given a credit.

Reasons for choosing Samsara

They have an aggressive sales team that misled me about price, contract and functionality.

Reasons for switching to Samsara

Unethical and shady business practices. Devices didn't work for over a year and I was billed for them

Gurninder

February 2022

A Reliable Electronic Logbook

Pros

It's best automatic electronic log book with lot of features like realtime tracking, ifta management, over speed notification, dash cameras, violation notifications.

Cons

The price point can be considered as the only con.

Bruce

Great Asset

Over all a great system for the money. Drivers take to it easily, dispatchers like the flexibility and versatility of tracking the trucks and seeing what is going on. It would be nice if you could hover or select a driver and visibly see something that tells how long they have been sitting rather than having to going into the trips and just see a paragraph that displays time.

Pros

Very easy to maneuver and learn features on the dashboard. App is easy to learn, even for our older non-tech drivers. Cameras have paid for themselves in the first year by being able to download and utilize for accidents.

Cons

App updates constantly, which is good that features are added. Most times though updates slow the app down if the update does not take automatically and locks up app. Since everyone has begun working from home and remotely, customer service has suffered and response time from email is very lacking, and when they do its the same scripted reply's. Initially someone would work through an issues with you on the phone, no so much anymore.

Reasons for choosing Samsara

I felt after demoing and researching several products, Samsara had the best reliable bang for the buck.

Reasons for switching to Samsara

Verizon had terrible customer support and so many issues with their product during the initial ELD phase in and conversion. At the time they had no camera options and when they did the price was outrageous.

Gary

Industry: Research

You WILL loose video

Not very good. They said this is a stated limitation.

Pros

You will loose the first minute of almost all motion, the camera doesn't turn on when driving below 5MPH this means for the first 45 seconds or so, you will get no video, this is more than often in my experience have found when drivers will hit a wall or another car. I have missed 5 accidents so far. I subscribed to 3 years with my whole fleet, after on year, I am chalking this up as a loss. :(

Cons

Doesnt record when the vehicle is powered on. You WILL loose important info. I never see when they leave a location, it doesn't kick on until they have hit the road. This means when they first pull of from ANYWHERE, you will loose all video

Reasons for choosing Samsara

Cheaper, but you get what you pay for.

Nicholas

Samsara Review

The total experience has been far superior to any of the other ELD or GPS companies we've worked with in the past.

Pros

Customer fueled app and software updates.

Cons

The company is growing so fast that you lose grasp of your initial contact people to newer roles and have to revert back to their support email. Responses are still handled in a more than sufficient time frame though so it hasn't been a real issue.

Reasons for choosing Samsara

Combination of Corporate options/pricing and ease of use

Reasons for switching to Samsara

Fees for equipment AND installation. Installs needed the trucks blocked for days costing $. Software was nothing special and customer service was a nightmare.

LeRoy

Industry: Building Materials

Very satisfied Customer

We have been very happy with Customer service. The Cameras are very clear with good night vision as well.

Pros

Samsara has been an eye opener for us, not just in Compliance, but in aspects of safety as well. It has a built in accountability for each driver, and allows the Safety Director to access driving behavior as well. Speed, harsh braking and AI technology at stop signs has become a positive peer pressure for the drivers, at the same time reducing operating and maintenance costs per vehicle.

Cons

We are very happy with the software. It is meeting our expectations

Reasons for choosing Samsara

Recommendation from another Flatbed Carrier. Clarity of image. Customer Support. Leading edge technology. We have not been disappointed.

Reasons for switching to Samsara

samsara offers an integrated Camera along with the ELD Software. They are current with ever changing technology and are continually making improvements to the operating system.

Christopher

Industry: Environmental Services

Samsara - Perfect Balance of Features, Function and Design

Samsara allows us 100% visibility of our fleet, plus diagnostic info regarding our trucks, including fuel level and DEF level!

Pros

Samsara offers a simple yet stunning UX. The dashboard is subtle yet robust. What I love is that nothing annoys me about the interface. Things are where I would assume I should find them. There is just enough functionality without introducing options I'll never use. So far Samsara is super durable and stable. Reporting is quick and accurate. The hardware options surpass the competitors. So far we are very happy with our choice.

Cons

The maintenance feature doesn't allow uploading files such as receipts.

Reasons for choosing Samsara

The user interface was superior as well as the hardware options.

Reasons for switching to Samsara

Our previous provider didn't offer real-time vehicle diagnostics via OBDII port.

Full Fleet Management

Positive, continuously improving, and clearly a leader in the fleet management/dash cam software industry. They have all the features and then some.

Pros

Ease of installation was very important. This is a plug and play, while other options must be wired in by installers at a cost. The interface, features, and overall usability are much better than the two other companies I have used.

Cons

Usual high pressure sales to start the process, but the negotiation and closing process was very smooth. Some reports and insights are slow to update but overall seems to be very accurate.

Reasons for choosing Samsara

Simplicity and ease of installation

Reasons for switching to Samsara

Nextraq was very limited in the metrics and insight to driver safety. Process for installation was very cumbersome and lengthy. Customer service was outsourced.

Hillary

Complete package for GPS and DOT compliance

It's really nice that Samsara GPS pings frequently. This means you can watch vehicles moving in real time, which is great for updating VIP clients. The DOT compliance portion completes the GPS services.

Pros

It's great having GPS, driver logs and vehicle inspections in one place. Our team uses GPS daily to keep on top of trips in progress for our chauffeur service. We do have vehicles that are under FMCSA jurisdiction, so we need to keep detailed driver logs and vehicle maintenance files, which are all done through Samsara as well, making things easier.

Cons

Unlike our last GPS service, you're not able to drop a pin to get a time when a vehicle was at a certain location. This is a bit of a nuisance and you have to guess.

Reasons for switching to Samsara

We needed software that also offered DOT compliance programs. Also, US Fleet had a lot of glitches, with vehicles idling for weeks in the system.

Mihail

December 2021

Samsara User

Customer service it's very poor. I takes forever to fix simple problem. In case if app quit working or something went wrong and driver gets an violation because of the app customer service refuse to fix or remove that violation. Be careful with contract. They hook customers on service agreement ,in case if you cancel before term they will ask for return the device back plus pay the rest of the term left.

Pros

Manager dashboard it's really good developed, and easy to use. GPS its accurate and camera works great and fast.

Cons

Driver app its hard to use and it's slow. Hard time to edit logs. Crossing border glitches. Doesn't give warning to driver in case if driver forget to do DVIR.

Reasons for choosing Samsara

I thought it's great customer service and great app for drivers but I was wrong. After so many cases open with technical department I decided to move.

Reasons for switching to Samsara

Because they don't have camera option and it's expensive.

Kim

great products

Awesome!

Pros

Easy to use. Support is great. Up to date information.

Cons

Any con that comes up tech support takes care of it right away

Reasons for switching to Samsara

We currently use both Omnitracs and Samsara. Once our contract is done with Omnitracs we will switch.

Erika

Easy ELD program

We analyzed about six ELD programs before making the decision to go with Samsara. It has been an easy transition from paper log books to ELD for most of our drivers. The additional data we get on the truck performance is invaluable. We have been able to extract information to improve business performance over many categories. In addition, Samsara support has always been very quick to address our concerns or fix issues we find.

Pros

This program offers a lot of features and has allowed us to extract data that our small company did not previously have easy access to. Managing HOS, fuel usage, IFTA and more are easier now that we use Samsara. In addition, it is easy to use and even our least tech-savvy drivers have been able to use it without issue.

Cons

There are a lot of tweaks to the system on a regular basis, which sometimes affects the interface of the product. This confuses some of our drivers and is difficult to keep up with for those without much technical/computer knowledge.

Reasons for choosing Samsara

Samsara seemed to be the most cost effective and user friendly product overall. We like that it also includes temp probes for our reefer trailers and we were able to purchase tablet interfaces instead of needing a specific device. The drivers can have the app backed up on their phone in case of incident and the tablet can double for them to watch training videos, access emails and messages and more.

Andres

Next level tech.

Love it. We have a screen on the wall in our office, every time we have a customer that come to visit us they like the way it looks and we always get complements of what we can track with the software.

Pros

*Easy to use *Can be used on different platforms *Looks very high tech

Cons

On the maintenance section-When you create a schedule for any particular unit you have to create multiple for each unit. On an our previous software we used to use before you only have to select a unit and then select what you needed to track ea. PM, DOT inspections etc.

Reasons for choosing Samsara

have more features and have E-logs, GPS, Cameras all integrated.

Reasons for switching to Samsara

*The software was not to standars *Customer service was bad. Always took a long time to get someone on the phone for help and when you got one very rarely they could help you with the issue.

Patrick

The top of the line loaded with features, if you can afford it!

Samsara is the big dog in the industry and has this down to a science. The solutions are scalable for large fleets down to smaller delivery or transportation customers. The up front costs were high for us and the return on investment took time. Users were easily trainable and the feature rich web platform and cloud based video system was exactly what we needed from a safety stand point as it did most of the work for us. The alert system and AI systems were very good and came in handy in terms of driver training coaching and reprimanding. Samsara has paid off on more then one occasion by saving the company from costly or preventable accidents due to poor driving.

Pros

Very slick platform, loaded with features, reporting, cameras, video clips, alerts etc. Everything you want in an ELD/driver fleet management platform.

Cons

You get what you pay for, its very pricey to operate and is the best out there but hard to justify the costs when there are so many other players in the same market.

Reasons for choosing Samsara

The camera system and ease of use is what really drove us towards samsara. It had the most features and a roadmap of new features that impressed our team.

Jason

Best option that continues to improve

The product is great and many others are as well. The team behind it has been as impressive which puts them in the lead.

Pros

The setup and configuration options are very user friendly. The ability to share live links is very helpful. The Time on Site report is a great tool to share with shippers and consignees.

Cons

There were a few features that were missing in the beginning but have since been added so nothing comes to mind.

Motive

Reasons for choosing Samsara

It was clear early on that the Samsara team was more responsive to questions and willing to discuss flexibility of their system.

Reasons for switching to Samsara

Omnitracs unwillingness to allow for integration and their very poor customer service.

Brandon

Has Potential

There's so much potential with this company. I was extremely happy when I first signed up with them and had an excellent experience the first year and a half. It wasn't until I ran into my first issue and need help from customer service and accounting. My business is not valued at all. Another 1 until my contracts are finished and I will find another provider for my GPS and ELD services.

Pros

Very user friendly. Accurate and up to date latest information.

Cons

Absolute worst customer service I think I've ever dealt with in my professional 10 year career. You can not get a hold of them by phone. No matter how many voicemails you leave, no one ever returns your call. 2nd option is email. I don't know how many I've sent over the last few months to address one issue. No one responds or cares.

Motive

Reasons for switching to Samsara

Annual billing instead of monthly

Response from Samsara

Hi Brandon, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us we always aim to put our customers first and are very sorry to hear this has been your experience. A manager from our Support team will be giving you a call so we can help address your concerns.

Replied October 2020

Dave

A Better Way of Doing What We've Always Done

Safety policies have been easier to monitor. We love the camera placements in our equipment.

Pros

Intuitive navigation for the dashboard user as well as for the driver.

Cons

The dashboard is just a little boring with the lack of color. Maybe needs just a little splash of color for visible interest.

Reasons for choosing Samsara

Better price and better technology.

Reasons for switching to Samsara

We didn't want to upgrade our Omnitracs with an inflated price after having been a customer for so long. Our IT director is highly respected in his field. His recommendation, after looking at just a few alternatives, was to choose Samsara based on the quality of the software.

Elmo

Samsara vs Teletrac

Overall the product is very reliable, the company is very proactive in checking on units and sending out new ones when tracking unit does not even show us a problem. they are very quick to send out add on units. customer service is GREAT !

Pros

Very comprehensive. There are probably more thing built into the software than we actually loose.

Cons

would like to see mile markers easier on the map search when looking at trucks.

Reasons for choosing Samsara

customer service and reliability as recommended by the rep

Reasons for switching to Samsara

teletrac has NO customer service what so ever, or at least did not at the time we were having issues

Ajneel

SAMSARA ELD, DASH CAM AND TRUCK TRACKING

I HAD SMALL ISSUES WITH DEVICE GOING OUT, IT WAS QUICKLY RESOLVED BY SAMSARA TEAM BY THEM SENDING ME ANOTHER ONE IN 2 DAYS. I HAD ISSUES WITH THE WIRE THAT BROKE AND THEY REPLACED THE WIRE IN 2 DAY'S FREE OF CHARGE. WHENEVER I CALL THEY ARE ALWAYS THERE TO HELP WHICH I LIKE. PHONE CALLS WORKS AND EMAILS WORK ALSO. THEIR PRODUCT IS A GOOD PRODUCT TO HAVE AND UTILIZE FOR A COMPANY WHO LIKES TO SEE REAL TIME TRACKING. AS FAR AS DASH CAM THIS IS THE BEST PRODUCT YOU COULD EVERY HAVE. OUR TRUCK WAS SIDE SWIPPED WITH A CAR AND THE CAR CALLED CHP TELLING THEM IT WAS OUR TRUCK WHO HIT IT. LUCKILY DASH CAM WAS THEIR AND BEING A WEEKEND I CAN REMOTE ACCESS IT FROM HOME AND SHOWED CHP WHAT REALLY HAPPENED THEY LET OUR TRUCK GO AND GAVE OTHER PEOPLE TICKET AND TOWED THEIR CAR.

Pros

EVERYTHING WORKS THE WAY IT SAYS IT WILL WORK.

Cons

SO FAR WITH ALL THE EXPERIENCE WITH THIS PRODUCT THERE IS NO ISSUES

Reasons for choosing Samsara

EASY TO USE PRODUCT WITH RELIABILITY AND GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALLY WHEN YOU NEED IT.

Reasons for switching to Samsara

ARION WAS NOT PERFORMING THE WAY THEY SAID THEY WOULD. TRUCK WAS IN FRENCH CAMP AND SHOWED IT'S IN GERMANY. UPDATES WERE NOT BEING DONE TO DEVICE TO MAKE SURE IT WAS WORKING FINE. SYSTEM WAS FAILING ALL THE TIME AND WE PACKED IT UP IN TRASH BAG AND SENT IT BACK TO THEM.

Hope

Excellent Service

Our telematics and GPS tracking have greatly improved since switching to Samsara. We have had an excellent experience with our assigned representatives and appreciate the constant (automatic!) software updates and Samsara's dedication to meeting DOT compliance as it changes.

Pros

Quick response to questions and recommendations. Constant updates. Great follow through. Incredibly accurate location and telematics.

Cons

A bit pricey compared to others I tried, but I feel it is worth it for the quality of service and accuracy.

Reasons for switching to Samsara

OCC was very sporadic and inaccurate. Anytime I went to look for a truck having trouble, it wouldn't register on the map and I couldn't find its location. Also, telematics were reactive rather than proactive (on the rare occasion that they worked at all). Despite the increase in monthly service fee, I have no doubt Samsara has helped save us on predicting potential breakdowns before they cause lost time.

Caira

Samsara Review

works fine

Pros

Easy to use. Easy for drivers to also use

Cons

takes too much to get equipment replaced

Easier to use

MANJIT

customer service

its been over 2 years , so far we are very happy with the service and functionality of the product.

Pros

Samasara has a great reputation in the trucking industry. we are using GPS tracking and we are very satisfied with the service.

Cons

we are using trailer tracking system from last 2+ years. we are very satisfied due to: system is very easy to use, great customer service , price is very reasonable, knowledgeable & very helpful staff.

Azuga Fleet

Reasons for choosing Samsara

because of the cost, product and knowledge

Reasons for switching to Samsara

fleet complete failed to provide us the service, we tried with fleet complete for about 2 years.

Jamie

Game Changing

Game Changing. Time Saving.

Pros

Throughout the evolution of the product in our 18 months of use, the additional features have made navigation and reporting more simple for the user and administrator. Tracking hours of service and keeping 135 drivers compliant has changed from reviewing individual logs for accuracy to scanning for violations. Knowing how many hours a driver has available tomorrow at a glance makes an immediate impact on our logistics experts ability to assign work. It's not just drivers and compliance that benefit, our logistics team, dispatchers, compliance team and the clients in the vehicles all WIN.

Cons

Inability to prevent a driver that has logged out from being put back on duty. If a member of the fleet team moves a vehicle without logging in to that vehicle, the software places the unassigned movement on the log of the last person that was signed in.

Reasons for switching to Samsara

We subscribed to Fleetmatics for their GPS product, when ELD was implemented we stayed loyal, up until none of the promised ELD technology was working properly. That is when we found Samsara, its a beautiful partnership.

Samsara