All Samsara Reviews

L. Houston

Logistics and Supply Chain, 51-200 employees

Samsara is an excellent Fleet Management software

I am pleased with Samsara overall. It has shown us how to take our business to the next level. As we've evolved, our requirements of Samsara have as well. Although Samsara could not anticipate this, I am eager to give helpful insight on how to help Samsara go even further!

PROS

I enjoy having the insight that it provides us. Literally, with what I can see on the road, and all of the back-end data it can provide us. Samsara helps us remain compliant in our industry. So its routing functions are a leading example of what vehicle tracking should look like. Lastly, the driver app is what comes in the clutch to wrap it all up. Our staff finds the app very intuitive, simple, and it rarely faults. It is official and its documents function help us log valuable information that we turn into presentable data!

CONS

The system is buggy, and I find myself having to call in every so often to inquire about why I'm not seeing certain stats or images on my vehicles from their dashcams. The Driver app sometimes force quits and will sometimes refuse my drivers to log information.

Capterra reviews!

Reasons for switching to Samsara

Samsara is robust, very user-friendly, and is scalable.

Miriam

Utilities, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed April 2024

How effective is Samsara for a big corporation

I like it because I can see were my crew is at all time

PROS

all the information at the tip of your finger tips

CONS

privacy because most of my tech was concern of losing their privacy

Reason for choosing Samsara

All the features and accurate information that samsara have

Reasons for switching to Samsara

no my corporation decide to try and they like it once they stared to see the results

ANTHONY

WAS A GREAT COMPANY AND NOW ITS TERRIBLE

There customer service is terrible. No one has the ability to help. Worst company to deal with issues ever.

PROS

There customer service is terrible. No one has the ability to help. Growth turned this once great company to trash.

CONS

There customer service is terrible. No one has the ability to help. Woke management will not help.

Reason for choosing Samsara

When they started we had a dedicated person to our account. No one can help anymore.

Reasons for switching to Samsara

There customer service is horrible. No one has the ability to help. They operate just like Comcast.

We always aim to put our customers first and are very sorry to hear this has been your experience. We have forwarded your feedback to the appropriate teams. We've also located your account and can confirm that a member of our team has reached out to you recently to resolve your issues.

Replied May 2024

Dan

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201-500 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Samsara ELD

PROS

Simplicity of the in cab system makes it easy for use for any Driver

CONS

I have no complaints about Samsara at all

Reason for choosing Samsara

Single provider, no third party software

Reasons for switching to Samsara

Poor customer service from previous providers

Samantha

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 501-1,000 employees

Samsara K&M Tire Review

PROS

Ease of Dashboard use and navigation Samsara's University and Training videos The Multitude of Reporting available In-Cab Alerts and ease of video footage pulling Alerts for users

CONS

Support Response Times - some times it takes a while to get an answer and then it's just a link to the Samsara help site, that I told support I had already checked. GPS/Speeds - GPS still pulls wrong roadways or shows the driver in a field. The speeds are still a manual update, stating the speed is 25mph when it's actually 55mph or 60mph.

Scott

Construction, 51-200 employees

Expectations Continue To Be Exceededed

From the very start, it was obvious, that this was not just another GPS service. From the first class customer support, to the information, and ease of use. Implementation is so easy, therefore cutting down on time a tech spends on installation.

PROS

Where to start. Daily monitoring and ease of editing drivers logbooks. Sharing location (live) with techs and repair services, of down units. Allowing techs and others users creative limits on access to information. Reports, reports, reports. There are so many reports made available, and easy to understand. Customer support! Best customer support staff you can wish for.

CONS

It isn't on every machine we have in the fleet!

Anton

Construction, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Very Happy with Samsaras product.

Very positive. We have installed Samsara in all of our equipment, fleet vehicles, and over the road trucking assets.

PROS

Video AI, ease of use of Samsara dashboard, reports, and instant notifications.

CONS

System continues to read as running if asset goes into a cell dead zone and racks up inacurate engine hours. Causes John Deere equipment to go into De-Rate when connected to equipment ECM.

Jeff

Government Relations, 501-1,000 employees

Honest review

PROS

I like a lot of the different options that us can use with Samsara. I use it daily for tracking equipment and see what was down for the day.

CONS

At some times during the day it dose seam to cut out and not record when the vehicle is in motion and don't map it.

Ryan

Construction, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Durabuilt Windows

PROS

Vehicle accuracy as well as alerts sent for violations or driving infractions critical part of driver evaluation.

CONS

Unable to change our billing from credit card to direct invoicing after several attempts and sales individuals agreeing that it would be done. it is to the point there is now consideration of changing provider.

Patricia

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Really worth the value

User friendly for dispatch. We really like.

PROS

We can track our buses and run the buses by routes

CONS

We have not yet implemented the use on the buses for the drivers to use

Jonathan

Logistics and Supply Chain, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Good tracking app

Not bad at all it will depend most likelynin the user but is really complete

PROS

I love the libe tracking yo can see in the map where is your truck and calculate the eta also can send the tracking link to the customers

CONS

To be honest it is a good app but qe also use macropoint and macropoint is our first option also drivers preffers MP

Andres

Next level tech.

Love it. We have a screen on the wall in our office, every time we have a customer that come to visit us they like the way it looks and we always get complements of what we can track with the software.

PROS

*Easy to use *Can be used on different platforms *Looks very high tech

CONS

On the maintenance section-When you create a schedule for any particular unit you have to create multiple for each unit. On an our previous software we used to use before you only have to select a unit and then select what you needed to track ea. PM, DOT inspections etc.

Reason for choosing Samsara

have more features and have E-logs, GPS, Cameras all integrated.

Reasons for switching to Samsara

*The software was not to standars *Customer service was bad. Always took a long time to get someone on the phone for help and when you got one very rarely they could help you with the issue.

Julia

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2022

Buyer beware

Samsara engages in unethical business practices. Buyer Beware. I had canceled my contract and purchased another system. The company was very clear that the contract would not renew. Low and behold, they automatically renewed it and are giving me the run around. Also, they double billed me in 2020 and I had to fight tooth and nail to have them credit my account. I was also sent and billed for a device I never used. I contacted them immediately about their shippng error. It was a nightmare. Their finance department strong arms you. They spend all their money on their sales team. The customer service and billing departments are ruthless and unethical. GO ELSEWHERE. Here was my letter to their finance dept "1) have an unused GPS device from Samsara, I want to make sure I haven't been charged for this. 2) The program hasn't been working for Dogwalks. There are at least two vans that I cannot track using the latest version of Chrome. I was on the phone with customer service for over an hour trying to troubleshoot this one day. 3) The system did not work for months for a few of our vehicles. Samsara customer support was of no help. I had to pay a mechanic hundreds of dollars to find the problem and fix it. 4) Yesterday I wanted to find out where I could find information about the different "contracts" Dogwalks has but unfortunately I was constantly interrupted. I'd like to work with a person at Samsara that can help me understand how Samsara works. I genuinely did not understand

PROS

Easy to install Provides GPS tracking but not as detailed or accurate of other companies.

CONS

Doesn't work in Chrome. Had to spend hours with customer service, renewing Chrome, logging on to different devices and browsers to no avail. So I could only track some NOT all of my fleet. This went on for months and I was never given a credit.

Reason for choosing Samsara

They have an aggressive sales team that misled me about price, contract and functionality.

Reasons for switching to Samsara

Unethical and shady business practices. Devices didn't work for over a year and I was billed for them

Bruce

Reviewed May 2021

Great Asset

Over all a great system for the money. Drivers take to it easily, dispatchers like the flexibility and versatility of tracking the trucks and seeing what is going on. It would be nice if you could hover or select a driver and visibly see something that tells how long they have been sitting rather than having to going into the trips and just see a paragraph that displays time.

PROS

Very easy to maneuver and learn features on the dashboard. App is easy to learn, even for our older non-tech drivers. Cameras have paid for themselves in the first year by being able to download and utilize for accidents.

CONS

App updates constantly, which is good that features are added. Most times though updates slow the app down if the update does not take automatically and locks up app. Since everyone has begun working from home and remotely, customer service has suffered and response time from email is very lacking, and when they do its the same scripted reply's. Initially someone would work through an issues with you on the phone, no so much anymore.

Reason for choosing Samsara

I felt after demoing and researching several products, Samsara had the best reliable bang for the buck.

Reasons for switching to Samsara

Verizon had terrible customer support and so many issues with their product during the initial ELD phase in and conversion. At the time they had no camera options and when they did the price was outrageous.

Benjy

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Samsara Journey

Samsara has helped us with our safety bonus program, safety scores and increase fuel economy across the fleet.

PROS

Easy to grasp and continued improvements!

CONS

Nothing with Samsara but our TMS provider took a very long time to integrate.

Price and features.

Reasons for switching to Samsara

Omnitracs was behind in technology and continues to be behind.

Reviewed October 2020

Never works when you need it to.

Horrible experience, completely cannot count on this product.

PROS

The product started off great, now anytime I have an incident it is never working.

CONS

Poor communication, too difficult to get anyone to help you, always blame issues on something else. Never works when I need it, I completely cannot depend on this product

Unknown at this time

Reasons for switching to Samsara

I was sold on the supposed features that you had, but they are not dependable

Brian

Construction, 51-200 employees

Free Trial

Solid overall experience. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was very nice and accommodating with anything that we needed. Overall the website works well and my drivers all said it was very user friendly.

PROS

Hookup and setup was very easy. Website is clear and not cluttered and easy to navigate.

CONS

It took me a little bit to figure out how to get in and see the cameras when videos were available.

Reason for choosing Samsara

We started with JJ Keller and will be looking to switch towards the end of the year.

Christopher