All PitneyShip Reviews

Edward

Education Management, 51 - 200 employees

Used unspecified

Reviewed June 2024

PitneyShip Review: Easy & Efficient.

Steven

Photography, 1 employee

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Absolutely the best

PROS

Cost effective with a minimum investment. Great customer service.

CONS

No issues at all! Must more customer focused than their competition

Reason for choosing PitneyShip

The cost was more & I had heard horror stories about trying to cancel your account

Thanks for providing your experience with PitneyShip, Steven. We're so glad to know that you've found our customer service so helpful and attentive. And it's great that you've been able to enjoy the cost-effectiveness of the software. If you ever want to learn more about your billing and savings or provide any other feedback, please don't hesitate to reach out to the support team. Thanks again for choosing PitneyShip.

Teresa

Management Consulting, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Shipping ease

Ease of use for all my shipping/mailing needs.

PROS

This service is much more convenient and less expensive to use than my previous shipping option. Much appreciate this service.

CONS

I have not been able to import addresses from my ACT program. But it is not a serious issue.

Reasons for switching to PitneyShip

mostly the increase in services being charged.

Thank you for leaving a PitneyShip review, Teresa. We're pleased to know that you've found PitneyShip to be so convenient and cost-effective for your shipping and mailing organization. If you need any assistance when it comes to importing addresses or anything else, please don't hesitate to reach out so we can resolve any issues you may be facing. Thanks again for choosing PitneyShip.

Rodney

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2021

Good value, website functionality still needs work

PROS

Postage value and rates...........................

CONS

Having to login, then scroll to another section, click the app, and wait for the next part to load to be able to use it. I'd like to be able to log in to the app (SendPro) and start using it. Also, stop the corporate pandering. You provide a postage service. Not interested in your political and social views.

Better monthly rate.

Thanks for the honest review Rodney. I'll get your feedback to product management and see how we can do better to meet your expectations.

Replied June 2021

Eric

Computer Hardware, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2024

PitneyShip is Great but lack of printing return shipping label option.

Overall is great but still lack of some functions.

PROS

Compare all the carriers at one place. That's great.

CONS

lack of printing return shipping label option. Can't setup fedex account via PitneyShip.

Reason for choosing PitneyShip

great rate with UPS. If we can sign up with Fedex would make it ever better.

Reasons for switching to PitneyShip

ups.com too pricy(no discount) and stamps.com only provide usps' rate

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback, Eric. We're thrilled to hear that you find our platform beneficial for comparing all carriers in a single place. Regarding your feedback around return shipping labels, we’re pleased to inform you that PitneyShip does support the creation of return labels. You can view this support article to learn more about the process: https://www.pitneybowes.com/us/support/article/000083230/creating-a-return-label-in-pitneyship-pro.html. Additionally, if you are subscribed to one of our multi-carrier plans, you have full access to FedEx rates, along with rates from other major carriers. To add FedEx as a carrier, go to Settings, Carriers, +Add Carrier, and select FedEx.

Replied April 2024

Sherri

Accounting, 2-10 employees

Pitney Shipping Survey

For the most part I am very happy with Pitney Bowes shipping

PROS

Easy to use. Easy to add more funds, easy to track

CONS

Wish it was cheaper, but what is cheap these days . On occasion the system does goes down especially aroung April 15th, but it guess it gets overloaded.

Thank you for your review, Sherri. We're glad that you've found all the functionality in PitneyShip so user-friendly, especially when it comes to adding funds and tracking. We understand the importance of affordability but work to continuously offer competitive pricing. Plus, you can always reach out to get a better understanding of your billing and savings you've had since using PitneyShip. We apologize for any downtime you've experienced in the software; we'll escalate that specific date to our product team so they can review and work to improve uptime and reliability. Thanks again for your feedback.

Rob

Accounting, 51-200 employees

Pitney Ship

Great way to save $ and time. Not sure about the billing yet.

PROS

Postage at the office instead of going to the post office.

CONS

supplies cost / credit limit /overage charge if I refill postage more than once in a billing cycle

Thank you for your feedback, Rob. We're glad to hear that you're enjoying the convenience of handling postage right from the office which can save you time and money. We hear you on the postage and billing difficulties you've faced so we'll definitely bring that to the attention of our product team to review to increase transparency and user-friendliness. Please don't hesitate to reach out to our Customer Support team if you have any questions about billing.

Reviewed July 2021

Pretty much the only choice -- not many other good options at volume

I would not recommend it if there were another choice for mailing at volume, but there really isn't a good one. Because of this, I reluctantly recommend it. The customer service is outsourced and generally doesn't seem to know what they are doing. Older machines were much better than the new ones.

PROS

It has a clean design and the features that are present are fairly clear to navigate to. What you can with it is limited, but it is well designed to do the same tasks over and over again, which is appropriate for mailing and shipping.

CONS

There are so many features that could be great, that are either missing or poorly deployed. The reporting it can do is very limited and you can't customize reports well. It is terrible that there are so many functionalities that are different cost items, but such is the Pitney Bowes business model -- pretty much "screw you, where else are you gonna go."

Contract expiration

Suzan

Government Administration, 201-500 employees

Reviewed June 2024

PitneyShip works well for my Agency

I highly recommend Pitney Ship to increase efficiency.

PROS

That all employees who send mail are able to use. It has saved us money.

CONS

The only cons is sometime the printer connection is lost.

Thank you for your review, Suzan. We're excited to hear that your employees have been able to benefit from PitneyShip and that it's been so cost-effective for your team. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by occasional printer disconnections - we'll escalate that internally to ensure that we can improve connectivity and overall user experience. If you continue experiencing that issue, please reach out to our support team so they can help to resolve. Thank you so much for your recommendation and for choosing PitneyShip.

Shelli

Farming, 11-50 employees

Pitney Review

It is easy to use, and costs less than going to the post office.

PROS

It is easy and dependable. I like that they send me an email when the package has been delivered.

CONS

I would not say there is any thing i liked least.

Thank you for your wonderful review, Shelli. We're thrilled to hear that you find our services so reliable and easy. Your positive feedback is really appreciated and we hope to continue delivering the best possible service we can. Thanks for choosing PitneyShip.

Wally

Retail, 2-10 employees

Shipping made easy

Positive experience to date. No concerns.

PROS

For the most part shipping is easy through the online program.

CONS

When they change it around and it takes more steps to accomplish the same goal.

Thank you for the positive review, Wally. We're please to hear that PitneyShip has made shipping easier for you. When we change workflows, our goal is always to improve the user experience, so we'll definitely take your feedback into consideration. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

Charles

Publishing, 2-10 employees

Great small business toolset

PROS

Easy to use. It's great for bulk shipping and the ability to print labels from the office.

CONS

API integration for pitney ship would be nice in the future.

Reasons for switching to PitneyShip

The pricing was much better with Pitney Bowes and the ease of integration into our current workflow.

Thank you for providing your feedback, Charles. We're so glad to hear that PitneyShip has been a user-friendly tool that's helped with your shipping needs and provided seamless integration. Additionally, I wanted to inform you that API access and integration is currently available in our Enterprise subscription. If you want to learn more, please fill out this form and a representative will get into contact with you: https://www.pitneybowes.com/us/shipping-and-mailing/shipping-software/pitneyship-pro/request-more-information.html?cm_sp=subcat_button1_pse_form

Replied April 2024

Cathy

Sports, 1 employee

Happy user of SendPro Online

I like that UPS has started to offer a reduced rate for SendPro online users. That has saved me a lot of money in shipping costs since I ship a lot using UPS.

PROS

I find SendPro Online very easy to use. I have been using it for several years and I overall I find it quick, efficient and user friendly.

CONS

In the beginning it was very difficult to compare rates between USPS, UPS and FedEx without having to go to each carrier individually. Now the rates have all been integrated onto one page so that has made things much easier when trying to compare rates.

Reasons for switching to PitneyShip

SendPro Online was more affordable and tailored better for my business.

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review Cathy. We really appreciate it and are glad the product updates have made comparing rates easier.

Printing, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2021

Makes Shipping a LOT easier.

I am VERY happy I started using this software. It has saved me time and money.

PROS

I mostly like the history and ease of tracking many at once.

CONS

It is hard to tell where your money is at and where it is coming from to pay the postage.

Reasons for switching to PitneyShip

Paypal was getting harder to use and was hard to keep track of what was going on from day to day.

Thanks for the awesome review, Michael. We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you.

Ron

Veterinary, 11-50 employees

Rons review.

Overall, it is very good. I have purchsed shipping direct from Fed EX and its a lot more expensive. But is it really? I know we pay 250.00/ month for the use of the app. Im not entirely sure if its actually cheaper.

PROS

I like the convenience of being able to print my own labels and track my shipments.

CONS

Sometimes after an update there are some weird things. One time the prompt for zip codes was putting in the wrong city. Also, almost every time I print a label I have to choose 4X6 instead of it reading that my label printer is set up and auto selecting. If I'm not careful I will print out an 8x11 full sheet from my main printer.

Reason for choosing PitneyShip

I wasn't here when we purchased this item.

Thanks for taking the time and leaving a review, Ron! We're so glad PitneyShip is making your shipping and tracking more convenient. We'll take your feedback regarding the incorrect ZIP codes to our product team to review. Regarding your comment about the $250 cost. That $250 is actually your spend for postage and shipping costs through PitneyShip. only a small portion of that amount actually covers PitneyShip itself, with the majority allocated towards postage fees. We'll reach out to you directly to show you a more detailed breakdown and help you better understand your costs and breakdown your savings from using PitneyShip (over $200 this year!)

Replied March 2024

Shannon

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2021

Easy to use and at a great price!

Easy to use and at a great price!

PROS

I really like SendPro Online and the desktop software because it's easy for everyone to use in the office, easy to get shipping labels or even just stamps printed on letters which saves us time. It's very easy to compare shipping prices between USPS, UPS, and Fedex to make sure we are getting the best rates.

CONS

I wish the software allowed us to print directly onto a postcard so we could bulk print postcards that we send out.

Reasons for switching to PitneyShip

I switched from using USPS and UPS direct websites to have everything we needed on one website that is easy to use.

Thanks for the glowing review Shannon. So glad its easy for everyone in the office to use.

Joanne

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2021

Easy to use and saves on shipping costs

Overall, our experience with SendPro Online has been a positive one and saved us money on our shipping costs over using the USPS website.

PROS

The product is easy to use. Pricing is very good. We love that you can set up defaults for packages you send a lot of. We also like the delivery refund guarantee you offered last December.

CONS

We find it a bit annoying that the emails you send to us about a particular shipment only contain the street address and not the whole address.

Reasons for switching to PitneyShip

Mailing costs were cheeaper.

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review Joanne. I'll get your feedback to product management and see how we can do better to meet your expectations.

Dennis

Retail, 1 employee

Great product!

Easy to set up and use.

PROS

Easy to set up and use. Creating a shipping label is not very time consuming.

CONS

The account setup makes it confusing to access your accounts, especially when there are billing questions. I have a SendPro Online Purchase Power Billing Account & a SendPro Subscription Account/Rental Account .

Price.

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review Dennis. I'll pass on your feedback to see how we can do better to meet your expectations.

Arachelle