Teletrac Navman DIRECTOR

Teletrac Navman DIRECTOR Reviews

RATING:

2.5

• icon"The platform in which you view the vehicles is pretty easy to use and customizable for your needs. 3rd party guy they hired to install was AMAZING."
  • icon"The software provides a solution to stay in compliance with the DOT requirements for electronic logs, and manage the drivers and their workloads."
  • icon"GPS Tracking in real time. The maintenance reminder is nice once you get it fully setup for each vehicle, but still leaves room for improvement."
  • icon"The worst customer support I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with."
  • icon"Tablets malfunction on a regular bases. Customer service is TERRIBLE."
  • icon"Well, i'm sorry to burst your bubble Telectrac, but you breached the contract when you threaten the stability of my organization. My incident has taken place with Teletrac within a month."

Browse all Teletrac Navman DIRECTOR Reviews

• Have you used Teletrac Navman DIRECTOR and would like to share your experience with others?

Dominic

Chattanooga Bus Company

It has been a positive experience. I would recommend it to all.

Pros

Ease of use The phone App Customer support

Cons

Nothing really. Like all software, just have to get use and comfortable with the system.

Reasons for choosing Teletrac Navman DIRECTOR

No up front costs. Ease of getting set up with installation

Tom

August 2022

Great Product with absolutly no Customer service

DO NOT RECCOMEND THIS COMPANY DUE TO LACK OF CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! If you are lucky and have no issues getting setup, great for you! However if you have any issues with tech support, good luck on 50 min wait times and no responses to emails.

Pros

The accuracy and the layout for reports are great

Cons

My original customer representative was amazing, however after she moved on to a different position, The new customer rep doesn't even have a phone number! Multiple emails sent, claims opened/Cases open and no support whatsoever! Her name is [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and even though I have been with the comapny for 3 years, I spoken to her only twice (because there is no way to contact her other than though emails) which are ignored

Reasons for choosing Teletrac Navman DIRECTOR

Due to pricing and an amazing sales team experience which turned out to be all talk and no walk.

E-Logs and DOT compliance

Have used the software for over 2 years and when it works well, it is great. More often than we would like, we run into issues with credentials, permissions, error messages, etc. that don't have a clear solution. Navigating through the software as an admin on the account is not intuitive at all and requires ongoing communication with the product developers.

Pros

Cons

There is a lot of backend work that remains a big question mark to the end user. Troubleshooting and navigating through frequent technical hurtles is basically out of the end user's hands. This wouldn't be an issue if support was consistent, prompt, and reliable but that hasn't been the case.

Manny

Great Vehicle Tracking Software

Great tracking software if you are in the need of tracking fleet vehicles. You can easily find the location of your vehicles and track their daily routes.

Pros

It's a great tracking software to monitor your fleet vehicles on the daily. Gives you real-time status updates turn by turn on vehicles that you monitor.

Cons

Satellite gets funky on bad weather. Trackers can be disabled easily by easily disabling antenna. Your upgrading tracking device can be costly after time. Geofencing still needs improvements.

Tony

Director review

Overall seeing where our trucks are, speed and traffic has been wonderful. Paying for a government issued product doesn't make us happy. And converting to team drivers has been extremely tough to find enough drivers. Expenses have doubled but freight is still the same.

Pros

Ability to monitor trucks/drivers. Track maintenance.

Cons

ELD in truck hardware fails to easy....cords being pinched. Installation varied each vendor. Functionality lacks at times.

Reasons for choosing Teletrac Navman DIRECTOR

Seem to have good hardware and software. Average on price.

Edwin

SAVE YOURSELF RUN FROM TELETRAC!

We had used Teletrac, From June off 2018 – May of 2019, of the many problems we reported to Teletrac, I have included 2 specific examples that in my opinion not only demonstrate the lackadaisical approach Teletrac takes in resolving our issues, but also provides the reasons, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that Teletrac did not resolve our issues within a timely fashion. Issue #1: Idling Report Issues: We use idle data to dictate what our drivers will be receiving as part of their fuel-saving bonus. Date Issue was Reported: 09/10/2018 Date Issue Resolved: Never Total Time Unresolved: 8+ Months Issue #1 Recap: We had reached out several times starting on September 10, 2018, to get the idle time reports fixed as they were providing incorrect data. This was a feature that Teletrac had advertised when selling their product. This issue although multiple correspondences every month from the original date of reporting were had, was never fixed. There were large periods of time that had gone on where we were never reached out too. This was detrimental to or business because our drivers have a performance bonus that is given out monthly that is based on fuel mileage when we are unable to get a correct reading of fuel consumption we are paying out bonuses or not paying out bonuses on incorrect data. To put this into perspective, Samsara our current ELD provider had an issue with their idle time reports, not only did they reach out to us on a weekly basis as this was being fixed, but t

Pros

The thing that attracted me to this company was the integration with McLeod and the reasonable price. -- However as I would soon discover, these were merely a honey trap.

Cons

1. The fact that the product just did not work. 2. The worst customer support I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. 3. LIESSSS

Reasons for choosing Teletrac Navman DIRECTOR

Because at the time Samsara did not have McLeod integration, which now they do btw. and they are amazing!!! I can't believe Teletrac can stay in business with Samsara on the market.

Reasons for switching to Teletrac Navman DIRECTOR

False promises, we should have stayed with KT, KT is a great product, we switched because Keep trucking was working on fixing issues with their AOBRD function, we wanted to continue to use the AOBRD rather than switch to the ELD, WHICH WAS A MISTAKE, but hindsight is 20/20.

Jesse

We have had an awful experience overall…

We have had an awful experience overall… We have had an awful experience overall with Teletrac Navman. The reporting does not work, we can't get our rep to train us, the system does not allow for easy use and tracking as promised and the hardware is outdated and has to be installed in each vehicle and is not easy to move to another vehicle if you need to due to a sale or breakdown. They lock you into a 3 year contract and you have no way to get out or change once you are in, No good driver reports, no vehicle maintenance alerts, tracking is hard to find and navigate, just the whole thing has been a waste of 3 years.

Pros

Nothing - it has had literally zero benefit

ClearPathGPS and Azuga Fleet

Reasons for choosing Teletrac Navman DIRECTOR

The sales rep sold us on this and promised he would help us through it all, which he did not

Tony

Small Carriers, Proceed with CAUTION!

The shareholder's will lose in the long run if my experience is repeated with current or future customers. Good business stems from good ethics. If your equipment threatens the life of your client's organization, then how ruthless can Teletrac be in filing frivolous lawsuits against small motor carriers such as my organization. MY TRUCKS were parked for over TWO WEEKS! The individual TELETRAC SENT did not come to the scheduled appointment in our yard! I was on my knuckles dealing with drivers threatening to quit because of your software! To the shareholder's or responsible party in making informed business decisions for Teletrac, focus on a continuous improvement strategy which will increase the bottom line. Focus to why the software shows a driver is on duty when a driver signs out and to why the HOS time is always ahead of the current or live time.

Pros

I don't want to sound bold so that an opportunity may arise and therefore I will simply pass on this question.

Cons

The product did not live up to the presumed expectations. The software remained on duty status when the truck was parked in the yard. The software had a time lapse which negatively impacted HOS. We were signed up in the "hero" program and our hero never replied to any of our messages. The service department contracted with Teletrac dissolved or filed for bankruptcy, DURING the COVID PANDEMIC, in which we literally shut down our operations for a couple of weeks to then be told to reschedule. So it was either I go bankrupt waiting for Teletrac to stand by their commitment in offering my motor carrier company a solution for my trucks standing idle as my fixed and variable expenses increase or respectfully reach out to their customer service and request for the mailing address so that I can mail the equipment and software back to Teletrac. Instead, their customer service matched the quality Teletrac offers the public and they insisted that they will get it together. Well, i'm sorry to burst your bubble Telectrac, but you breached the contract when you threaten the stability of my organization. My incident has taken place with Teletrac within a month. I returned the equipment and now they have an attorney reaching out to me on a bogus lawsuit in the amount of $37,000. I have less than 15 trucks and potential customers should do the math.

Nancy

Excellent Way to View and track trucks

Pros

This had been a wonderful experience using this software. I find myself getting caught up on looking at all the features. It really makes me want to look and see where my trucks are and what they are doing. You can zoom in and get a Ariel view and even see what parking spot the truck in is at a truck stop.

Cons

Took just a little bit to get use to all the features that you can keep up with the trucks. There is a lot of stuff that the software will do you just have to use it to get use to it.

Industry: Package/Freight Delivery

2.5

1.5

October 2015

Quite disappointed with Teletrac

Pros

I like best that Teletrac is affordable, meaning companies do not have to outlay a hardware investment.

Cons

It does not offer anywhere near the level of reporting available through Peoplenet and Qualcomm. The reports need to drill down to the unit level for areas such as idle time hours and idle percentages. I could go on into other areas. Best for you guys to simply visit someone using PNET and compare for your self.

Simon

November 2022

DO not recommend

Customer support is non-existent, absolutely zero assistance. seems the only way to get their attention is to cease account payment. We will be moving to another provider as soon as possible.

Pros

Software is generally easy to u. When it works.

Cons

Slow to update, seems to frequently provide inaccurate vehicle locations

victor

Industry: Package/Freight Delivery

Very disappointed of the team members

we have used the GPS system , but when it came time to cancel our service ... ohh god it took us 1 full month just to get a-hold of some one, we have called every single day all of their listed phone numbers , we have e-mailed them countless times , in the end we had to call our bank and put a stop on their automatic billing. Finally after 1 month and something , we have been contacted via e-mail by one of their representatives and they canceled our service providing us a reference cancellation number. after 5 mounts of not using them , guess what , their billing department sends us an open invoice - asking us what is going on and why we are not paying our bills . we were shocked , they are trying to get now money from us for not having in their data base that we have canceled. Immediate we have provided the accounting department of teletrac our "cancellation reference number" and a copy of the e-mail of their representative that have closed our account . She responded its not her problem and we need to speak with the guy that we canceled with. This is how they do business . Btw its 5/23/18 and it has been 2 days of us trying to speak with one of them and take care of that nonsense.

Pros

its cheap and the gps system work , other than that very disappointed no other pros for teletrac than those

Cons

you can not get a hold of no-one , when you call them , they dont answer , when you e-mail them they dont respond very bad customer service

Matt

Horrible experience

DO NOT USE UNLESS YOU DO NOT HAVE ANOTHER CHOICE I’d give them negative starts if possible due to the amount of lost time and aggravation trying to get units fixed or get them to send us replacement units. The Samsung units we were issued continuously malfunction. Drivers cannot log in, get logged off randomly. Units bubble out and screens go blank. Customer service is a joke. They will issue you a case number and then never follow up. They will waste huge amounts of your driver’s time trying to diagnose the issues which they will never have a solution to. You can never get a hold of a manager in order to escalate your issue. Your cases will be randomly closed without any resolutions. All current customers that are having these issues should file a class action against Teletrac and force them to provide the service that is required or they should be forced to close their doors.

Pros

When it works the user interface is not complicated

Cons

Tablets malfunction on a regular bases. Customer service is TERRIBLE.

Industry: Environmental Services

You get what you pay for

Pros

Cons

Dashboard is slow and laggy, no matter what computer you use. Often having to close the window and re-open it so it's responsive.

Derrick

Great product that does the job

Ablilty to track my vehicles without an issue

Pros

I can track every aspect of my vehicles. I know when each vehicle is started, turned off, Idling for too long, and if they are speeding.

Cons

The online software is outdated. It needs to use Microsoft silverlight which you can only use on certain web browsers.

Teletrac

Pros

Ease of use. Precision of product. And customer service

Cons

The change from AOBRD to ELD. Just the switch was long.

Patrick

Do not recommend

The initial process was great. The sales team was thorough and had good initial follow up, but after that it went down hill. They gave me a great price to get the deal done asap. I verified before signing the contract I would get a couple key features, then come to find out, it did not. The company would not honor the contract either. I was more or less called a liar once I called the company out of their issues and they told me I never asked for certain features, which were the only features I used in previous software

Pros

The platform in which you view the vehicles is pretty easy to use and customizable for your needs 3rd party guy they hired to install was AMAZING

Cons

We switched from another company to Teletrac due to their horrible customer service and poor quality product. I would go back to them at this point I was sold on basic features it did not come with (posted speed alerts) Integrations to programs such as Fleetio did not work (confirmed it was Teletrac and not Fleetio with the issue) Multiple interactions with customer service were awful (one guy told me he" didnt know what to do and Im on my own") Response from the sales team post sale would take days, but when it came to signing the contract, it was minutes The tracker that was installed says on its specs it comes with a feature that it does not Odometer readings on platform never correct

Reasons for choosing Teletrac Navman DIRECTOR

We were offered a better deal then another company if we signed a contract same day

Kristen