Browse TripLog Mileage Tracker Reviews

Rebecca from The Potts Law Firm LLP

Triplog is the best mileage tracking app I've used!

Overall I'm very satisfied with the app.

Pros

After researching/watching reviews for several mileage tracking apps, I decided to go with TripLog. It has some of the best app features while also being extremely affordable. I used this app to track my GPS location while running errands for my work. I love that you can create names for places you frequent, automatically track your trips, and create notes/reports to submit for mileage reimbursements.

Cons

The only "con" I came across was that the app wasn't as modern looking as some other apps out there, making it feel slightly dated. I believe since I originally used this app they've updated their features. Either way I still recommend this app over others.

Good, not great

This software has a lot of features that I would say are essential to easy mileage tracking for teams like variable auto-start options and shared locations. It just needs some finesse to make it something I don't mind looking at or jumping into regularly.

Pros

I like the auto-logging feature and all the flexible options for triggering the recording of a trip either by a particular bluetooth connection, USB device or a handful of other options. I also like having centralized recording and reporting of mileage for my team.

Cons

It's pretty ugly to look at – both the app and the website. I know it's just a reporting tool that aggregates data (nothing sexy) but that doesn't mean it can't have both form AND function. I need to spend more time trying to leverage the rest of the features (like Quickbooks integration and reimbursement) included but the last time I looked, I didn't feel like the help docs were super clear.

WARNING -Look out if you need to cancel - NO REFUNDS

Worst experience I have ever had with any subscription. They just charged my Credit Card for another year's subscription, I canceled my subscription, no longer have use of the app but "Customer Service" [SENSITIVE CONTENT] just sent me a text message out of their policy -NO REFUNDS AFTER THE FIST SUBSCRIPTION IS PAID. So basically they are stealing the subscription fee they just charged on my card, I have no use of the app and do not need it and they have denied the refund.

Pros

When I needed the app, it was useful most of the time.

Cons

Policies of the company are onerous and customer service is the worst I have ever experienced if you want to cancel or get help/communication.

Susan from Grace Reliant Health Services, LLC

Works, but could be better

It is a good price and when it works it is pretty good. Needs some improvements to be great!

Pros

It should work pretty automatically. It doesn't require data or internet connection since we are in rural areas that sometimes doesn't have internet connectivity. I like the fleet tracking feature to provide some security in case something goes wrong.

Cons

It is glitchy. We have had issues with sometimes not picking up a trip. We have had issues if the person makes a roundtrip without turning off the app, it calculates zero miles since the start and end were the same location. The reporting features are lacking and there is no way to close out trips and archive them after they are paid, oh and no way to mark them paid. The customer service is pretty non-existent.

GREAT mileage tracker!

fantastic, thankful for a way to keep accurate recording

Pros

Sync with your phone GPS or manually input - the ease of reporting is great for employees, and even for those who are self-employed. Valuable, inexpensive tool! Worth it!

Cons

I don't remember to always use it. (that's user, not software issue.....haha)

TRIPLOG

Triplog is affording me the ability to track my state by state mileage for each truck in my fleet. This makes my reporting on a quartily basis easier.

Pros

What I like most about the software is the fact that it is on autopilot and I do not have to worry about if it is working or not.

Cons

What I like least about the software is the ability to reach customer support with an issue. You can not reach them by phone only by email. If I have an issue I most of the time need it fixed in a hurry.

Harshkumar from Cure Smile Dental

Option to track mile with flash drive kind of device and/or app

Nice experience. It has nice and new features compared to old school apps. They need improvement. I think they will do if they can think about the nice ideas and experiments.

Pros

Can track miles for the tax purposes as I am working as independent contractor. The company come up with idea of the flash drive kind of device along with application features. It prevents draining cell phone batteries and can accurately track mile. Also, it is useful when you will not have cell phone network and actually want to track the miles. Also, features of sync with business card to track transactions, to put a record of receipts for fuel. The nice thing about the flash device is that you can change mode to work and personal use of car. Can combine mileage data with the Inuit Quickbooks.

Cons

Too complicated to set up application and features. App needs to make more user-friendly.

Makes Tracking Miles Easy

Love how this app makes tracking miles so much easier and faster.

Pros

As someone who has done ride share and delivery, this app saved me a lot of time. It is so easy to use and is so helpful if you are self-employed.

Cons

I usually just end up manually starting and stopping the tracking because I sometimes am driving around waiting for a job to be assigned to me. That is more of a personal issue than a complaint about the app.

Great for small business owners

Pros

I am the owner of three small businesses and I cannot imagine tracking all of my miles without this software. I use this every time I drive and it knows what vehicle I am using and tracks all of my miles automatically.

Cons

It does drain my phone battery a little but not as bad as other programs I have tried to use. No other cons at this time.

Aaron from BugBros Pest Control

Industry: Chemicals

Definitely recommended

Pros

We were using MileIQ and switched to TripLog and it's been much better for us. Better price and I like that it has the Apple Watch app.

Cons

When I turn it off while traveling I wish there was some kind of reminder to turn it back on because often days pass before I realize that it's not automatically tracking anymore.

Marsha from Transportation

Industry: Farming

TripLog is great

This is much easier than trying to use a log book. I feel confident we are tracking our truck locations and capturing our miles.

Pros

I love how easy it is for the drivers to get started tracking their driving. It is very simple! I also like how I can login any time and see where my trucks are, where they have been, and the speed at which they traveled.

Cons

Once in a while we have had a trip or partial trip not show up or not record. Sometimes it does show up the next day. If it doesn't, you can manually add it into the system so you can still manage your miles for tax purposes.

Chris from GooseWorks

Industry: Computer Networking

Great mileage tracking app

I have used this software for a few years. I used the free version and then switched to the paid version. I am so gald I did. The paid version has made the mileage tracking for taxes soo easy for me each year now. I just basically download the yearly report and hand it to my accountant and done!

Pros

I like that it tracks my business mileage intuitively and gives me great reports at years end for tax time.

Cons

Sometimes when I finish a trip I forget to end it and the mileage gets skewed. It is easy to fix however.

Jay from Crestline Entertainment, Inc.

Used to be a good product

Also, the customer service help by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been disappointing. Days go by and no response from him. I guess if your not a self-help guy, you can wait and your concerns fall through the cracks.

Pros

It originally was a plug in "Magic Trips" no worry app that worked well and was a no-brainer.

Cons

Now, it has evolved into a widget driven app on my phone that is not tracking mileage every time it's plugged in. Also, when moving from vehicle to vehicle the mileage tracking is spotty too. They should have left a good thing alone instead of trying to improve a thing that wasn't broke.

Small investment for huge payoff

Pros

Automatically tracks all milage if you want it to. Makes it automatic to track all milage for expense purposes. Allows you to build custom reports for how to present your trips/data each month/quarter/etc.

Cons

If you have lots of trips, it takes a long time to code the purpose each one individually. It would be nice to have a function where it learned over time when the same trips are repeated.

Ted Adam from ElderCare a division of CHSGa

Best App Experience for a Business Application

This has been a total solution for business application on mileage and staff tracking as well as payment for reimbursement ... TripLog has made unmeasurable adaptions for us!

Pros

The team at TripLog are PHENOMENAL!! They are the absolute best team to work with that I have experienced! Anyone can call me anytime and I will be thrilled to positively promote TripLog

Cons

The only improvement would be website speed

Sarah from Victory Wine Group

TripLog Review

TripLog allows us to keep up with the mileage of our drivers and make sure the proper and most efficient routs are being used by everyone.

Pros

There are plenty of details provided and I can look up my drivers by name or sort the data however is needed.

Cons

Sometimes to get something done (example: delete a user) you have to go trough multiple other steps before you can do what you need. Or sometimes you can't delete a user and you just have to put them as inactive, but they still show up on your list of employees/drivers.

Becky from SPSI, Inc.

TripLog - an inexpensive, short-term fix

Pros

The mobile app was easy to use, and accurate. Easy to run reports when needed.

Cons

We had many, many problems uploading into Concur. Support always said that it was on 'Concur's end' - which was not always the case. And support was not always available when needed.

Danielle from Shrader Tire & Oil

Trip Log Mileage Tracker Review

Overall, the software is easy to use and has served it's purpose. The reporting is not great, but is workable.

Pros

Set-up and deployment is very easy. Adding new users is a simple process. Approving mileage is easy to do.

Cons

It is tedious and cumbersome to set-up and run the debugger when there is an issue that needs to be solved. For non-technical users, it is complicated to get the debugger set-up the first time.

Jon from Hampel Oil Distributors

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Great value for the price

Pros

Overall the product is easy to use and brings much needed visibility to our mileage reimbursement program. Easy to submit miles, approve, and process for payment.

Cons

Calculated miles can be incorrect depending on the phone model and service coverage. The ability to link credit cards into the app is great, but not all banks have the ability to connect (i.e. not ours).

Reasons for Choosing TripLog Mileage Tracker

Best balance in features versus price.

Tim from Two Tails Up, LLC

Full Featured, Easy to Use Mileage Tracker for Business Owners

My wife no longer has to write down her mileage in a notebook! And I have access to reports for taxes. Very pleased so far!

Pros

I selected this mileage tracker for my wife's new dog walking and pet sitting business. She needed an easy to use app that would track her mileage to and from her client's home, but had the flexibility to start and stop the tracker when making side personal trips during the same day. This app permits the manual flexibility to start and stop the tracking. For those who only use their car for business, it also permits automatic start and stop tracking sensing movement of your car. Finally, it has excellent reporting capabilities for use in preparing income tax returns. Very pleased with this product!

Cons

Documentation could have been better for using manual settings, but we finally figured it out! Once my wife got the hang of it, it works like a champ!

Sarah from Quantum Care & Integrative Therapy

Overall Great Experience

Overall, this has made managing my business travel expenses so simple.

Pros

I own and operate a traveling therapy business. This app has made my life so much easier. It keeps track of my miles for work travel. I love that it is easy to sync with Quick Books as well.

Cons

The only con I can think of is sometimes it doesn't track one of my drives and I have to go in and enter it manually.

Irene from Young Life

Mileages tracking YL

the overall experience is good

Pros

once the app is working correctly it's a great tool and keeps track of our mileage great.

Cons

that at times it loses mileage because the app stops working and not because the app was swiped close and not reopened. the mileage can't be recovered and it is a pain to add mileage manually.

compared reviews etc.

susan from Mark My Words LLC (Walker Bookstore)

Industry: Wholesale

great software, great price

it has helped us immensely in keeping organized.

Pros

this is easy for all our people to use and keeps our records straight for all our vehicles

Cons

a little hard to understand how to use features initially

Sergey from ASmart Solutions Inc.

Industry: Security and Investigations

Very positive

Pros

Very good reporting Easy to use Many options Well built for small business with a number of employees and trucks.

Cons

Lots of glitches A little old age in terms of user experience

Tyler from Johnson's Commercial Flooring

Best Mileage App I've used

As mentioned before, we love it. The sales rep I dealt with was extremely professional and knowledgeable. We had a few links during the implementation of this app and Support was very easy to work with.

Pros

We absolutely love this software. We have tried 2 other application prior to Triplog and had nothing but issues. Trip log has MANY features that set them aside from their competitors, such as: Driving safety monitoring, Google maps confirmations, and beacon devices to use instead of geofencing.

Cons

There's really not much I can complain about. I will say the desktop version can be somewhat confusing at first. If I had any feedback it would be to work on the desktop version and make it more user friendly.

Reasons for Choosing TripLog Mileage Tracker

Because of the features offered

Reasons for Switching to TripLog Mileage Tracker

The application had many issues and they were not being resolved.

Tracey from Full Range Rehab LLC

Industry: Medical Devices

Good automated mileage tracking app

Pros

When it works well, it definitely helps our users keep track of their mileage in a more automated way. Previously, our users were tracking mileage on company cars manually and this was leading to a lot of erroneous data. The ability to merge trips and manually edit trips is great. As a manager, it is also nice to be able to track current locations and monitor movement of company vehicles.

Cons

Some of my users who aren't technically savvy seem to have a lot of issues with the interface. Also sometime the app doesn't start tracking when the car is turned on or stop when the car is turned off. You have to babysit it a LOT to make sure it tracks correctly. I'm trying to train my users to carefully monitor the app to make sure it's working correctly, but some people are less capable of this than others.

Mark from TPG

Industry: Wholesale

Full-featured Mileage App for Business Owners and Managers

It's been helpful in automating our employees' mileage reimbursement requests. No paper forms or Excel spreadsheets anymore. The fleet location map feature has also been a tool we use to efficiently identify employees' location during the day. We also use the app to spot check employees' reported times.

Pros

Tons of features, lot of detailed reports available, incorporates commute miles, able to import customer name and address to associate with GPS coordinates.

Cons

GPS is buggy and doesn't provide complete data at times.

Marita from WITMER ASSOCIATES INC

Review - TripLog -

It was easy to get started and does what it says: log our trip for easy reporting!

Pros

One place for sales men and office staff to enter and review information for mileage reimbursement.

Cons

An automatic upload of attached receipts would be great - sales staff tends to forget.

Wesley from Wetland Solutions LLC

Industry: Environmental Services

An easy way to track mileage across a range of projects

Pros

We work on a wide range of projects for a range of clients. We have different agreements with each of those clients that require us to track our mileage separately. This application is great for this task. I've really enjoyed the ability to do reporting for the purposes of monthly accounting as well as for annual tax reporting.

Cons

Sometimes it's aggravating to have to remember to enable the tracking when I get in the car. Turning on the automatic tracking is a good function to address that but then I find myself having to remove a bunch of trips that are personal, not business related.

Michael from Editor

Super easy to track your mileage for business.

Pros

The software tracks my daily mileage and allows me to easily classify each trip as business or not. Then it tallys it up by week or by month and then at the end of the year to submit to the government. So many great features and settings you can tweak.

Cons

Nothing much to report. There are occasional glitches where it thinks the trip has ended or was in several segments, but not that often.

Danielle from Attendant Care Companies

Triplog Review

Pros

It not only tracks your miles but also lets you know the amount of gas that you are using for your specific vehicle and how much that gas costs.

Cons

The manual setting works better than the magic trip feature

Crystal from Dimondale Adolescent

Pros

The software is easy to use, I install and update.

Cons

A con for me is sometime the app and car miles do not match and I have to manually change the miles in the app to matc the actual miles on the vehicle.

Ryan from Taxes In Time PLLC

Good Product

Pros

I like that I can manually control my miles without the need for auto start function. It does a good job keeping my miles in the proper irs format. It is fairly easy to use but some people may not think so as things change with updates.

Cons

I don’t like how the pricing structure has changed since I first signed up. I think it could have more control features without needing the new enterprise edition. It will show at times I need to close a trip but there is no trip open. And it will open a trip out of the blue at the time. A fix it needs is a way to close trips in bulk. That is the worst feature the ghost trips.

VJ from PG Wireless

Industry: Wireless

Great Value for the Road Warrior

We use TripLog to keep up with our sales team and their productivity throughout the work day. It allows out management staff to validate customer visits and the teams whereabouts. I would definitely recommend this to any business looking to keep up with their team of employees.

Pros

TripLog is very easy to use whether you prefer Android or iOS. The MagicTrip functionality allows you to simply forget this is running in the background and the need to manually start each trip.

Cons

Honestly, nothing really. The interface is super easy to use and accuarate.

Beth from KYJO Enterprises, Inc

Just What We Need

Pros

TripLog is pretty simple to use. It tracks mileage as needed, without anything too fancy or complicated. The price is by far the best we've found for this kind of service!

Cons

The app could be a little more user friendly, so users can do what they need to without needing to ask too many questions.

Nicole from Wallace Living

Good App

Pros

You can set it to Bluetooth so it only picks up the car it is suppose to be tracking, instead of any car you drive in.

Cons

It can be troublesome sometimes trying to get it to connect via Bluetooth instead of auto trip, where it will track any trip you take regardless of vehicle (including golf carts!)

Mike from LSI

TripLog Mileage Review

Overall our experience has been good. When we do have a problem, support is quick to resolve.

Pros

Convenient and easy to use. The format allows even those who resist technology the ability to use.

Cons

Difficult to manage changes to users. We have to leave deleted users in the queue and this make it hard to manage current active users.

Abigail from Kamin Associates, Inc

Perfect

Pros

Has all the best functions that my team needs.

Cons

I actually dont have any complaints about this software.

Dustin from Ace Home Inspections of GBR

TripLog Mileage Tracker for Home Inspectors

Overall this has helped my mileage tracking go from stressful to automatic.

Pros

I use this software daily to easily tract my mileage for work related trips. It makes tax season a little easier to have this information all organized inside your app.

Cons

This software is simple and easy to use. I haven't found anything negative so far. I use this daily now tracking mileage is automated.

Chad from DIO Implant USA

Triplog, what is good and bad

It is good, the main issue as a admin is the monthly questions about trips that have messed

Pros

I like the gps feature. reports are good, cost

Cons

The constant uploading and reminding my staff to do data syncs is not effective. The auto trip feature is not good, the multiple trips it creates if someone slows down or stops is confusing and time consuming for a admin to assist or fix. The other feature that is weird is when someone forgets to add the mileage, trip log sometimes starts over and it messes up the miles for trips after that.

Reasons for Choosing TripLog Mileage Tracker

I reviewed several products and this software cost was the main facotr for us.

Colin from Super sucker

Trip log

I stopped using it after the trial as I thought it was confusing to use and didn’t get a hang of it right away

Pros

Breaks down your trips really well Keeps up with location and mileage well Able to adjust type trip the drive was

Cons

It was confusing to switch from business use and personal use. You have to go back into each log to change it. Would be nice if it was an easy prion after each drive

Kelvin from Ridgeway Mechanical

Easily track mileage

Pros

Love that you don't need to worry about once its active. Yoi just set it and it tracks your mileage where ever you go and stops tracking when your not driving. Easily track your mileage for tax write offs.

Cons

The software does use a bit much of your phones resources. May drain your batteries and your not able to run it in battery save mode on.

Kelly from RE/MAX Homefinders

Triplog lag

With other similar mile trackers this one landed pretty low on my list after a short time using it. Hopefully when I quit this they heed my feedback and change a little

Pros

The overall appearance of the website and the adaprabiltiy to cellular devices are nice and clean and load quickly without issue.

Cons

I didn't like that it seemed a little complicated to keep track of my mileage in an organized way. As a real estate agent I was looking for a more touch and go app that can adjust to my fast lifestyle. Seemed like it kept logging out

Dominique from Dubé Excavation

Industry: Mining & Metals

WOW

it helps me a lot to keep my logbook up to date because I am not very disciplined on this point. I do not use the refund function since it's a company fleet vehicle. I only have to keep the logbook of the professional, the staff and the number of liter of Essence.

Pros

Auto start Easy to setup More than one car select on Auto start easy to change business activities for a single trip Web access

Cons

online report template not easy to setup we can't not setup for company fleet car (no charge for business trip but charge for personal one)

Ronda from Health, Wellness and Fitness

Lose Those Spreadsheets

Its easy to use and keeps you on track.

Pros

I feel like i a more organized when it comes to getting reimbursed for my mileage and expenses.

Cons

Not being able to log in.

Neil from Davis Controls Ltd.

Industry: Industrial Automation

TripLog Review

I wanted to use TripLog to have visibility into where our sales reps were going and when during regular business hours. TripLog did not give me this information accurately.

Pros

I had one chance to convince our sales force that a GPS tracker was in their best interest in terms of claiming business miles more easily and accurately. Initially I had everyone's buy-in, and then the software proved itself to be flaky, inaccurate and unreliable.

Cons

In our experience, the software is flaky, inaccurate and unreliable. Most of our users refused to use it after giving it a try because their trips were not being logged correctly. I believe them because I had the same issues.

Alison C from NATIVEBOUND BLOOMS

Triplog is just plain logical!!

Pros

It automatically links with the bluetooth in my car, making it superbly easy to track and organize my mileage. I also appreciate that it's smart enough to sense when I'm at a stop light, instead of turning a trip off. The platform is easy to navigate. Looks clean and organized.

Cons

Triplog almost does TOO good of a job tracking! Making it abit long to tag each stop as a business or personal.

Mike from MK Cellular, Inc.

Decent solution

Moving mileage tracking away from an excel sheet to a digital option to see real time reporting.

Pros

Simple interface, customization to adjust mileage rates paid.

Cons

Cumbersome to adjust business vs personal via the app. The auto start functionality is finicky, works most of the time. which elicits doubt in the end user that they're being reimbursed.

Tim from Sherman First Baptist Church

Much easier than pen and paper

Every once in a while, I realize I never ended a trip. It would be nice to have a reminder for that.

Pros

I really like that I can record and track mileage quickly and easily. Also, I can generate reports to see monthly and yearly totals.

I like TripLog

So far so good. Great product!

Pros

I like that they don't have to do anything to submit their mileage, even thought some do. It seams pretty seamless. It has a lot of options to add receipts and tolls.

Cons

The auto feature of tracking miles confused the user a bit until they saw they could turn off anything the company didn't want to track.