What are Verizon Connect users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Verizon Connect software through verified user reviews

2.5

• icon"The platform is great- easy to use. Smooth online and app experience."
  • icon"I love the ease of use and the ability to set up reports that relate to my business."
  • icon"That after the contact was signed, support is non-existent and the product is horrible and non-compliant."
  • icon"Have to use a stand alone tablet; Hard to integrate with other software (fuel tracking)."
  • icon"Lack of features- tracking service of vehicles is incredibly hard. The merging of our fuel took over a month and many emails - you have to have time for follow ups."

Browse all Verizon Connect Reviews

• Have you used Verizon Connect and would like to share your experience with others?

Josh

Company size: 11 - 50 employees

February 2022

Connect Network Fleet or Disconnect

Cindy

It's one of the best purchases our company ever made.

We love this software, and we have cut down on employees unapproved use of company vehicles and improved employee driving safety by using it.

Pros

We've been using Fleetmatics, now Verizon Reveal, for years. We initially signed up with them because we wanted to keep track of what employees were doing in our company vehicles, but this software is capable of so much more. From tracking our oil changes to sending us alerts when employees are speeding, we use this every day. The customer service is amazing also, and there's a pretty nice referral program.

Cons

It recently went through a revamp, and we did a training for the new system about a year before it was actually released. It was a little bit of a messy transition, but once we downloaded the new apps to our phones and got over the hump of getting everyone back on the same page, it's been amazing. The upgraded graphical user interface and new features are great.

Steven

Verizon Connect - How to Destroy a Product

The software itself works well -- contract renewal, the switch to 4G (which now has been going on for almost 2 years and I still can't get anyone to talk to me about the contract) and customer support in general is just horrendous. We were a customer of Fleetmatics, and they were great to work with -- this is the worst I have ever seen -- babies crying in the background, terrible noise levels when you actually get someone on the phone -- the list goes on and on. Anyone at a management level on the customer service side should be fired now!

Pros

The software itself is acceptable -- but certainly not superior to anything else in the industry

Cons

The CUSTOMER SERVICE AND ADMINISTRATiON is the worst I have EVER experienced -- from an impossible to understand sales and support org structure -- numerous people from different departments but none ever call back -- not clear who has any authority -- it is impossible to describe how bad this is.

Heather

amazing!

It has been very good, overall it was easy to use and have not had a problem with the service so far.

Pros

Extremely easy to use, Granular functionality for alerts personalizable dashboards, Great monitoring features.

Cons

Long contract periods, this service is actually quite expensive. I wish there was some type of price break, Must install system yourself.

Reasons for choosing Verizon Connect

It just had a update and we wanted to try it out for ourselves.

Jesse

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Verizon Connect failed transtion from Fleetmatics

My company was with Verizon Connect (Fleetmatics) for 10+ years. Fleetmatics was purchased by Verizon 3-4 years ago and that's when the customer support began to fail. It's been in steady decline since, which resulted in our decision to discontinue using the product. I say "using" because we are still paying for it since Verizon locks its customers into long-term contracts. We are still paying $350+ per month and not using the product at all. THAT'S HOW BAD THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE GOT. It got to the point that each time I needed support with a unit or wanted to add units, I would spend 8-10 hours on hold, calling, being promised they would call me back, etc. As a small businessman, I don't have time to mess around. My time is far more valuable than the $350/mo that we are paying. I won't mention who we switched to because I want this review to stand on its own, but I can say that I couldn't be happier. I would stay far away from Verizon.

Pros

Asset visibility, reporting, maintenance

Cons

Customer support, price, hardware instillation

Sherri

Industry: Environmental Services

March 2022

Customer Service Review

It is unfortunate that a company with such a good product has the worst customer service. Not only do you have to speak to at least 3 people to get anything accomplished, you also have to repeat the same information over and over and over. If the employee does not like your attitude they will just close out the case number and you never hear from them again until you call in and start the whole process over. Although we are happy with the products if I could go back in time I would never choose this company due to customer service. 40 minutes to get a replacement unit is just not acceptable.

Pros

We are very happy with the software. It works as stated.

Cons

We are very happy with the software. It works as stated.

Veronica

Industry: Research

Verizon connect

Pros

With Verizon I can to track all my field with confidense.

Cons

Sometimes the route is difficult, specially with traffic the neew route do not facilite the trajectory.

Response from Verizon Connect

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us. We're happy to hear you are finding value in our product and services. We would like to learn more about your success with Reveal. If you would like to continue the conversation, Please email us at: CustomerAdvocacy@VerizonConnect.com

Replied May 2022

Tammy

Overpriced for what you get

When we signed up the company was Fleetmatics, Verizon bought them at some point - which we did not know, no one ever called on us, etc. Found out from our Verizon phone dude...

Pros

Live map view on the website works and it is difficult for an employee to remove from the vehicle

Cons

Doesn't integrate with our dispatching software as promised. A representative from the company has to install and remove the units. Support is very non responsive. We are being charged for more vehicles than we actually have and can get no results. Too expensive for the functionality and the results we get. Contracts are too long - I have come to conclude that companies that make you sign long contracts do so because they know they will give you bad service.

Reasons for switching to Verizon Connect

We were promised better integration with our software, which has never happened.

Jorge

Lack of Ethic and Poor Quality product

Worst ELD devices in the market

Pros

I would say something good but in 4 months that we have the equipment installed we have not been able to use it

Cons

we feel that Verizon is experimenting with flawed products at our company’s time and expense to fix something that should have worked before being released to its customers;

Reasons for choosing Verizon Connect

I was confident in sales guys, they were looking our company for 2 years.

Reasons for switching to Verizon Connect

I was trying to improve connectivity, communication nationwide with no interruptions.

May 2022

Do not use this service for vehicle tracking

Horrible. I was transferred (I counted) 17 times by customer service, just for a simple task... to assign/connect a GPS to our vehicle. **I tried doing it through their App, but that doesn't work either..

Pros

Tracking is about the only thing,...it's somewhat on point. Other than that, there is nothing I like about this company. If your GPS is not connecting your pretty much out of luck, because you won't be able to get help from customer service, or even a business rep., but you will still be charged for it every month...

Cons

The customer service is non existent, so your paying for a product you can't even use because the GPS will not connect unless you can get it assigned to a vehicle, & you can't get anyone in customer service to do that...not even a business rep for our acct can help.

Talitha

March 2022

They Need to step up & Connect ..the dots

Pros

I rate them A for effort. The Company needs to not Re- invent the wheel and try all the new ways to wow a Customer. They need to keep it simple and give us the bare needs and at a good price. A new and fancy GPS system is hard to use and most people want only the basics.

Cons

I am a fan of this company. I try their item based on that. But they have not so good Customer service for the Gadgets and service that they roll out. The product teams need to be in on the training of how to use the item and happy about the item when we call customer service.

Laura

May 2022

No customer service at all

We had everything lined up then told that they could not visit our site to fit trackers & dash cams, after 3 months of trying to work something out we cancelled our subscription but 6 months on we are still getting invoices

Pros

The sell was great we loved the look of the software and what it could provide to our company

Cons

We didnt really even get to use the software

Customer Service Horrible

Customer service is horrible. Called numerous times about app not working and finally issue was resolved. Very horrible customer service . Can’t wait until the contract is over

Pros

It’s electronic and can be used from our phones

Cons

It logs out frequently . Doe not automatically update . Needs a lot of manual input

Reasons for choosing Verizon Connect

I initially thought it was a good deal. I was wrong

Caity

Customer Service Nonexistent

Overall it has been very frustrating to work with VerizonConnect. They seem to have no urgency when it comes to fixing issues and complaints/concerns from their customers. They tend to not respond to emails and do not value communication with the customer. It has become very obvious that they do not communicate internally between their various departments. It feels as if each of their departments are completely separate companies that don't get on the same page with one another. Maybe this review will finally get someone to respond to our emails. It has been over a month of us not being able to pay our initial invoice because they have not gotten us the proper documentation we need in order to pay. Out billing department consistently has tried to reach out to them to get this information and to connect with they billing department but nobody has responded to any of the requests. I wouldn't be surprised if they now charge us a late fee even though we have been actively trying to pay.

Pros

The actual software seems to be working well with our fleet. My scheduling department has been testing this software out on a handful of our work trucks for the past few months and now want to install it for our entire fleet (30-40 or so trucks) so that would suggest that the software works, and is easy enough to use and worth the money.

Cons

The customer service at VerizonConnect. I can go weeks waiting for an email back from their team. It has been confirmed with their various departments that they do not communicate with each other internally so each of the departments I have had to interact with has had no idea what was going on / what issues were caused by their fellow departments. For example, the sales team got our business and sent us our contract to sign. We signed and paid for the services and sent it back. Over a month goes by of not hearing from them. I sent multiple requests for an update on the process and had no luck hearing back from anyone. Once they finally responded they gave me the contact information for some representative we had never heard of. I immediately reached out and a week goes by and I never heard back. Skip to another MONTH later and the product is finally installed. Apparently, their sales rep stopped being concerned with our contract and his response to our frustration with how long this all took and our disappointment in the lack of communication was to put blame on a different department and say it was all out of his control. Their customer service team / sales team said that this is something that "doesn't happen" (i.e. the lack of responding, the long wait time, the confusion between their departments) but similar situations have happened TWO MORE TIMES since then.

Reasons for choosing Verizon Connect

We chose VerizonConnect based on their sales pitch. They presented an awesome product and we were very excited about it. Once they secured our contract and payment it absolutely felt like they dropped all interest in keeping us happy as a customer. From the installation process taking MONTHS, to the lack of communication from their team, and the overall frustration of having to message, and remessage, and remessage, and call and remessage...... overall not a positive experience. If the actual software wasn't working so well with our company fleet we would absolutely end our contract with them and find a company that can provide us with a software that is just as functional but that actually has consistent and accessible customer service.

Jay

Dipping Your Toe into the Abyss of Digital Transformation

It is a phenomenal step towards a digital environment for the under served home services sector. Implementing Verizon Connect Work is a step in the right direction! At the end of the day Verizon is a telecom company and looking to upsell their products into your business.

Pros

I love the fact that Verizon Connect focuses on the technologically under served realm of the home services market. These business's technology initiatives take a hard stop at email and spreadsheets. When implemented and used correctly, Verizon Connect Work (formerly Fleetmatics WORK) can bring to the surface revenue opportunities that business owners and stakeholders were oblivious to. Being typically their first go at new technology, Verizon Connect Work is usually welcome because of the ease of implementation and use. The technology is priced right and the ROI is enormous! The ROI stems from getting off the paper, chalkboards, notepads and alleviating lost invoices. At the end of the day the software is the home service industries first step towards digital transformation in this Fourth Industrial Revolution.

Cons

In response to Verizon Connect Work being described by former users as "A Starter Software" or "Technology Training Wheels", there is high churn being there are more robust softwares that encompass the entire life of a work order. With out mentioning any software company names, Verizon Connect Work's book of business is on a mass exodus to other players. To add, their is limited to zero customer support and the buying process wasn't very enjoyable.

Shawn

Industry: Paper & Forest Products

We Cried out for Help a Long Time

Since we switched to ELD, absolute kaaos and mayhem. Sold us a product that wouldn't work with 2019 Kenworth. Our tablets were outdated, salesman never checked. We had to purchase $$$ tablets. The HOS violations report didn't work for 8 months. Vehicles we asked to be removed stayed in since 2016 (3 years). Could not provide a cable for a 2019 Kenworth for over 6 months. We were literally forced to go to a competitor. Our account rep was absolutely horrible. The fellow we got at the end was nice, but it was too late by then.

Pros

We liked Fleetmatics. We liked that power units and trailers could go on one page. We liked the reports the program offered. The Irish were friendly, and easy to work with. They were always knowledgeable, and helpful.

Cons

The tablets lost connection with the truck in no cell service areas. Verizon never announced updates. When updates occurred, they would interfere (take presidence) over the logbook in use, blocking drivers from logging in/out from breaks, and creating excessive unassigned miles. The gps would say 195 miles when we travelled 12 miles, not accurate. A vehicle we did not own showed up in our fleet. Vin numbers and vehicle data came up missing. Very unpredictable and inaccurate data. Portions of the program were inop for long periods of time. Notifications for events occurring in the future, how does that happen? Techs support not all on the same page as far as procedure when we called in. Some fixed things, others said there was no fix. Clearly not all trained, and the gap is huge. Some were argumentative.

Reasons for choosing Verizon Connect

We chose to leave Verizon, and went with a different supplier, so we could stay in compliance. Verizon could not provide us a cable for a 2019 Kenworth. We are only allowed 8 days paper, not 8 months.

Reasons for switching to Verizon Connect

Verizon bought Fleetmatics, we didn't get a choice.

Robin

Verizon Connect Autorenewal sham

Awful.

Pros

I'm too disturbed by the customer service to comment positively about the software

Cons

We had been with Fleetmatics/Verizon Connect for 12 years. We rec'd little support though a couple of years back, a sales rep called to have us sign a new contract with an annual autorenewal. This November we were researching Fleet tracking options and called F/VC to find out when our contract was up. We were told at the end of January so mid-December, we reached out to them to tell them that we weren't going to renew (we found another provider with more services and lower prices) and asked what we needed to do. The man who introduced himself as our "Customer Success Partner" told me that our contract requires 60 days notification so we were stuck through Jan 2020. I explained that we hadn't been informed that when we called. He sent me a copy of the contract and told me "too bad" that my company should understand who it is doing business with. He said in no uncertain terms we were locked in through Jan 2020. I asked to speak to his manager but was told she was out of the office but well aware so if I called her the next day, I wouldn't have any better success. I did a search on New York State law and learned that a contract w/ autorenewal needing notice of more than 30 days requires the vendor to notify the signee of their renewal timing by certified mail (or in person) betwn 15-30 days of the deadline or it's not enforceable. Within 24 hours I received confirmation that the contract will terminated this January and not the following!

Ashley

Industry: Wholesale

Incompetent Customer Service

If you can find another company that has good coverage, choose them. I never had these kinds of issues before Verizon took over.

Pros

The software is user friendly and once you have the hang of it, it's easy to navigate the site as well as manage different locations and their vehicles as well. The reporting comes in handy as well.

Cons

The customer service is terrible. Ever since Verizon Connect took over Fleetmatics, it's all gone down hill drastically. While everyone I have talked with is very polite, they never seem to be able to discern between two different cases, can never send out the necessary parts as requested, even after they have said it will all be taken care of and they will ship out in no time. Just today, I called about a specific case number and wanted to make sure the parts needed for an install had shipped and would make it for our appointment on Monday, as we had not received them. The woman I spoke with could not find anything regarding the parts having shipped or not. She then said she found where they had arrived but that was for an entirely different case number. This was a situation where I already had to reschedule the install due to not having parts shipped as they said they would. So here we are, third time around and hopefully third times the charm. Unfortunately, this is the same story on each separate occasion when we need installs completed. I fully intend on trying to reach someone at a higher level to find out the reason behind this level of incompetency.

JoAnna

Industry: Facilities Services

Unkept Promises

It's a scheduling software that started on an internet base and tried to go to mobile and has failed in my opinion. They will roped us in with promises that they didn't keep. This is why we decided to leave.

Pros

I loved how easy it was to navigate and filter to find the invoice/ticket/customer that I needed really fast. I loved how I could keep whatever information I needed with customized info boxes. Dispatching out to Employees was easy and the old App for the Techs out in the field could do many things. IT worked great on the desktop end.

Cons

When we 1st signed on we were promised that the program would keep track of our inventory. We are a HVAC business and we have a lot of parts to keep track of. It wasn't working great when we started and the old app was ok with it. Then they Upgraded and had a new App and they completely trashed the inventory program and didn't tell us. Since we are located with lots of country and rural areas we were told that the app can work offline and update the main programs once it got back in data range. This has never worked properly and my Techs were calling me to update their tickets because the app wasn't working. The New App upgrade came everything went downhill. Techs could no longer create their own jobs (and we have Techs for on-call weekends) Techs could no longer show discounts to the customers on the invoice. The app still didn't work out in rural areas. It doesn't not work very well on the Mobile end. Everytime I had Customer service on the line they tried their best, but since everything that we as a company needed they couldn't provide we didn't want to stay with them.

Carlos

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Contract renewal

Everything was good till I try to get in contact with my account manager, I was placed on a phone call with a rep, because I was offered a better price on another company so I called to see if Verizon could have giving me a better price to increase my units. This was not possible because the only do this when the contract it about to expired, I remember that I had a contract, but my calculation it should had expired well it's not the case happen that I have sign up for 3 years renewable automatic 3 MORE YEARS if you don't provide then with a request on writing to be place on file till the end of your contract, but as per the rep I could buy my full contract, Well my advice to you is BE careful with this contract because it do not make sense to have a contract after you had comply with the first 3 YEARS 36 MONTH!

Pros

Software is good it do a good job but read your contract.

Cons

It refresh over 90 seconds most of the time.

Reasons for choosing Verizon Connect

It was recommended but that company South-er Global is not longer your client ether, I would ask why did he switch.

Reasons for switching to Verizon Connect

Because of the contract, I feel like i have been trick and force to the 3 more year contract, so i'm sending my letter now wile I wait to here from AR about buying my contract. But I can assure you this is may second review on this matter and I would keep on advising your future customers to be aware of these contract practice to keep you lock, I apparently you can't keep customer because of your products, that's probably why the contract read as it's.

Norma

Industry: Oil & Energy

Truck Tracking made easy

Like i said before very useful tool to help keep your workers from driving to fast or reckless.

Pros

its easy to use to locate a truck. I really like the feature where i can get directions to a truck it is such a useful tool.

Cons

i don't like that its so hard for me to pull a report from the data. I just want to be able to pull a spread sheet that will have the information in one place for each truck. like for it to read simple not have to look everywhere for it For Example DATE:, Trk #,Engine on:,Stop Time:,Idle Time:,Travel Time:,Distance(mile),Start/End Time,VIOLATIONS 6/1/19- 001 H M H M H M H M 101.1 H M 2 SPEEDING 6/2/19- 001 H M H M H M H M 101.1 H M 2 SPEEDING 6/3/19- 001 H M H M H M H M 101.1 H M 2 SPEEDING 6/4/19- 001 H M H M H M H M 101.1 H M 2 SPEEDING Because right now i have to read the whole report look minute by minute to get to the end of the report for that information. I think this way would be way easier for me to get & pull the data i need. Plus i have to go through the replay to see if there were any speeding or braking violations with what the speed is with how fast the where going. Looking forward to maybe seeing this happen.

Terry

Industry: Machinery

Avoid

Look at other tracking systems. Verizon is another headache you don't need!

Pros

The features and ease of the program are great, one of the best.

Cons

The customer service is horrendous. 12 months after we signed up we wanted to get additional units added and had to repeatedly contact them and ask for this to happen for 3 months. The trackers in several of our tractors weren't tracking correctly, the status was reading as though the machine was in idle or stopped most of the day but the tracking icon would jump around the work area (over multiple km's) in this status. I tried resolving this with there support team but was told there was no fault with the system, the machines aren't operating. About 2 years into using the system we wanted to add further units, after 6 months of trying to get this done plus the issues with the tractors we decided to switch to another tracking company. Because we still had 6 months to run on our 3 year contract we continued to pay the monthly fee. When the 3 year contract expired the terms were the monthly fee would reduce because the hardware was paid off. This didn't occur, the same fee continued to be direct debited from our account. We tried multiple times to contact our account manager and his senior with no response to fix up the over charging plus close the account. We had to go to the bank to get the transactions blocked.

Steven

Basically, a very good product. I highly recommend that you consider it for your fleet management.

Pros

Allows me to spend less time on fleet management and more time on other duties. Allows for driver accountability. Before we used manual logs to write in mileage. There were many gaps. Vehicles would be driven 100s of miles with no documentation of where they had been. We were also able to identify dangerous driving habits (90+ mph with a vehicle load of students!). We use it to provide dynamic routing to pickup students that have had their off-site schedule change. Finally, I have a good handle on maintenance and vehicles are serviced on time, because I can plan ahead. We even use it to track car washings. Training is great, customer service has always help me out in that regard.

Cons

There is no way to easily display current mileage. You must go into the edit vehicle function to display current mileage. There is no way to display the mileage of the vehicle during a trip. It will display the mileage traveled during the trip but not the actual vehicle odometer reading. Not a huge deal, but there are times where it might be useful (forgot to write down mileage of service that I performed in-house). Calculated mileage will drift over time, sometimes by a few hundred miles, so you should be adjusting about once a month by comparing actual vehicle mileage with program calculated. Add a driver as user is challenging if driver is not defined as a user first. Customer service is usual great, but it took me almost a month to get additional fobs last time.

Sandy

Industry: Wholesale

Tacking vehicles

We bought it for e-logs, and tracking vehicles. Difficult for users to easily use.

Pros

I can fined all my vehicles when I need to.

Cons

Integration with other software isn't very easy. Also, administration is not as intuitive as it should be. Difficult to find what I am looking for, and can't always save something if I don't have complete info.

Reasons for choosing Verizon Connect

Realtime access and elog management.

More realtime access.

Joseph

Verizon Connect Review

Route Optimization. Traffic is everywhere is constant here in Massachusetts. I can then determine the best route.

Pros

I like how I can see all of the trucks on the map. I can hover over one of the icons and it will tell me where they are, how fast they going and who is driving. It also tells me how long they have idleing. I am constantly using the "Find Nearest" option as well, this gives the ability to tell customers exactly when the truck will be arriving on site. Overall We are happy with this platform.

Cons

The replay option. I dislike this feature. One reason being I have to watch the whole thing if I just need to see how long the last run took. On the timeline bar below I want to be able to slide that to whatever time frame I need to watch.

Reasons for choosing Verizon Connect

I was impressed during the demo.

Reasons for switching to Verizon Connect

Poor service, bad platform.

Verizon Connect