• Pros

• "Easy to navigate, easy to use for me and my drivers. "

• "The ease of use on both the back and front end of Whip Around has made it a breeze to implement and our drivers have had no trouble getting used to it. Customer service has been excellent."

• "It is very user friendly. It has made it so simple to submit reports while out on a jobsite. I can't express how much time is saved from taking photos then coming back and typing reports. "

• Cons

• "The system some times forgets to send emails when the drivers are done there inspection. Other than that is works well. So far. "

• "Being a small company it was extremely easy to set up but I could see how it could be tedious for bigger fleets. "

• "Creating a custom form can be a little daunting, but the team at Whip Around is always willing to assist with that."

Browse Whip Around Reviews

Peter from New Age Oilfield Service

Industry: Oil & Energy

All in one Fleet management System

Pros

Right from the start i found this software easy to use, easy to integrate and easy to maintain. It takes alot of the hassle out of Fleet management for the managers as well as the drivers. With the recent addition of the Maintenance section, we've been able to keep better track of upcoming services and certifications resulting in less down time for the fleet.

Cons

Customization of the reports would be a benefit as well as being able to assign annual inspection dates, for CVIP or other certifications, to vehicles instead of relying on the reminders section. having it auto populate in the maintenance section when due.

Reasons for Choosing Whip Around

Its user friendly interface and mobile monitoring functionality made it a clear choice. The exceptional customer service goes along way as well.

Scott from Integrity Traffic

Great product

We are using Whip Around most particularly for Inspection reports on trucks and trailers as well as Inventory control and a mechanics checklist. Thus far, it has been great. We are supposed to be able to combine it with our Verizon Connect account, which we havent figured out as of yet, but it is a matter of time before it gets even better.

Pros

The ease of use is probably the best thing. We did a simple training for our crew one day and started use the following Monday. It was really easy to use.

Cons

Have not really found a con as of yet...

Reasons for Choosing Whip Around

Price. GoCanvas looked like a good product, however they wanted WAY too much money. They gave us a deep deep discount but we had to make the decision way too soon. And even WITH that discount, Whip Around beat their price. The price is based on how big your fleet is which is MUCH better than the platform GoCanvas has. Our other option was design our own app, which was going to cost us $20k+ and just really wasnt worth the effort.

Response from Whip Around

Replied May 2019

Thanks so much for your review Scott and yes we now have an integration with Verizon Connect. We a keen to continue to develop this and improve the customer experience. Please contact your account rep at Verizon Connect to get your credentials to connect the two accounts. If you need help with configuring it please let us know via the online chat. We are there 24/7 to support you.

Randi from Tip Top Arborists

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Great Product!

This software makes it extremely simple for me to monitor and manage my crews and their fleet on a daily basis. Because I am in the office, I am not on the front line with them daily, but with the help of this software it is like I am , in fact, out there with them because I know as soon as something is wrong. Or right for that matter! They submit to me daily an inspection of their vehicles giving me the piece of mind knowing that they are out there working and traveling safely!

Pros

The ability for me to know that my vehicles are maintained and in good condition on a daily basis, without me having to be out there inspecting them myself is great!

Cons

At this time there is no issue I have with Whip around and think that they development team is doing an exceptional job!

Reasons for Choosing Whip Around

This question does not apply to me!

Janina from Republic Transport

HR

It is easy to use but very limited for drivers and for office people. As an office person must of the time I don't get to see the drivers, it will be useful if Whip Around was the tool were we could connect with more information.

Pros

I like the fact that pictures can be taken and drivers can do their pre and post. I like that it is easy to use.

Cons

that you can't add information unless it's requested. I can't print reports or customized them for what I need.

Reasons for Choosing Whip Around

I heard from my boss about Whip Around we checked on the website and thought it was a good tool, we need it something like that.

Response from Whip Around

Replied January 2020

Hi Janina, Thank you for providing feedback for us! We want to make sure your experience is nothing short of amazing with Whip Around. Your account manager will be reaching out to you shortly to discuss your feedback. Best, The Whip Around Team

Andrew from Duke University Parking and Transportation

review for vehicle inspections

we tried out several vehicle inspection apps, some were great however not budget friendly. whiparound meet both our needs of being functional and budget friendly.

Pros

easy to customize, easy to use for back end users and users

Cons

hard to find in app sort for users.

Reasons for Choosing Whip Around

you all offered a very similar product but at a better rate, also very easy to work with during trial period.

Response from Whip Around

Replied June 2019

Thanks for the review!

Tim from Colt Atlantic Services, Inc.

Industry: Environmental Services

WhipAround Review

We have people spread out in various geographic locations. WhipAround has been very helpful in gathering and tracking data.

Pros

Flexibility and ease of use have been the most desirable aspects of the App.

Cons

I haven’t have any complaints as of yet.

Daniel from The Dolomite Group, a CRH Company

Industry: Building Materials

Great solution with agility to customize

Improved record keeping of DVIR (electronic), improved depth inspection (photos), improved speed of communication (real-time updates), improved confidence by frontline users (Drivers) that company is adopting technologies that improve their jobs (a building of confident after training)

Pros

Template based forms which can be customized to my my needs/specifics.

Cons

Each card or inspection area has limit of (5) reminders/items/descriptions... sometimes needing to created additional cards vs. a longer list. (Yet, I know this limiter leads to more intentional/more thorough/higher engaged inspection) Also, some UX feedback on not being able to go to other fields when keyboard is active other than done. (variable size of tablet screens/pop-up keyboard size may be customer end constraint)

Reasons for Choosing Whip Around

A robust but simplified solution that we could easily integrate into our existing processes, adopt as a new process as better/best practice, and roll-out training with confidence to our people, all for a fair price. It also meant something when a senior leader of the company visited, took our questions (taking notes of our industry specific feedback/concerns), and projected the assurance he would personally help (his vested interest and ability to direct) to remove barriers of implementation and invest into our success as a partner. (allocation of Client Success Mgr(s)). While it was a textbook deal closing, the after-sale delivery and support of our roll-out spoke volumes!

Response from Whip Around

Replied February 2020

Hi Daniel, Thanks for taking time to provide feedback. The developers have been made aware of your suggestions. If you have other pieces of feedback, please make sure to send those over.

Sergio from Huntleigh USA Corporation

Industry: Security and Investigations

Great Software, A key tool for any company with a fleet

The experience with this system has been really great, I have been able to reduce time loss due to repairs greatly.

Pros

I like the ease of use of the app. I train all my staff with no confusion or issues.

Cons

Would like to see more tabs like break tabs or a a signature tab that is able to be customized

Reasons for Choosing Whip Around

This system was introduced to our company prior to my employment.

Manlio from Stelvio Transport

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Amazing work tool

Amazing work tool and great asset to our company.

Pros

It’s amazing and incredible easy to keep track of our fleets on daily basis, and it’s so easy to look up any statistic we need.

Cons

It take a while to get used to it’s so large and in-depth the deep dive you can do it can be a little overwhelming but with daily use and practice it becomes second nature

Price and user interface

JEFF from THE HABEGGER CORPORATION

Industry: Wholesale

GREAT PRODUCT

This product is giving our drivers a clearer voice to keep our fleet running efficiently.

Pros

Quick and easy to install and train your drivers to use the tool for DOT compliance. The team is great to work with !

Cons

I have not found an area that is not effective. The system works well with our fleet maint group providing a quick repair.

Mark from Belknap Landscape Co. Inc

Where have you been all our life WhipAround?

I think much of this is answered above but I'll try to comment simply here with some bullet points. -improved time management for our mechanics to the tune of 20% -our fleet has stayed moving more regularly due to a streamlined means of communications and necessary repairs. We've gone from being primarily reactive to primarily proactive. In 1 half of our company we've seen an 80% reduction in rental costs and I attribute some of this to the introduction of WhipAround to our fleet of heavy equipment. -We have improved accountability from our driver's. We can now see who is and who isn't following our policies and procedures on a daily basis and take corrective action -In the past we operated off of homegrown spreadsheets and files to hold information about our fleet. Now we are able to have 1 spot to store vehicle/equipment info, photos, reports, faults, repairs, etc. So simple! -Overall, I have and will continue to suggest WhipAround to anyone I associate with as I firmly believe in their product and the support from their team. We at Belknap Landscape Co. honestly couldn't be happier with our relationship

Pros

#1 - customer service and implementation of the software into our organization was amazing. #2 - [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is number 1 in customer service and attention to our needs and product development thoughts. #3 - [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] took time to fly out to our team to help onboard our drivers into the software and provide a personal approach to the training #4 - the software is SOOO simple to use yet incredibly powerful and valuable in terms of results #5 - our drivers and mechanics now communicate totally differently than they use to in the past. Everything is streamlined and documented #6 - speaking of documentation...gone are the days of carbon copy books and tracking down hand written forms. Our organization has 4 facilities and to transfer information in a time-effective manner was everything but successful. With WhipAround the right people in our company get the information they need instantaneously allowing us to keep the right documents in the right place for legal purposes, allowing our mechanics to respond instantly to the needs of our fleet to keep them going and to effectively schedule the necessary repairs we need to run a profitable business. Everyone in the process of our fleet is accountable to their specific role when using WhipAround. Finally, the folks at WhipAround are all about product development and always open to suggestion/improvement of what they provide for a service which is a huge value add proposition in my book.

Cons

It costs .25 cents more per month per vehicle than the carbon copy book that we used in the past. Just kidding...that's all I've got. We thoroughly enjoy the business relationship we have with the WhipAround team!

Whip Around

Whip Around is great because it replaces the head ache of paper pretrips. It can be updated with the click of a few buttons and is very customizable to any need your business has in regards to checklist and inspections. The reporting is clean. Its very simple to add vehicles, users, or employees.

Pros

I like that Whip Around is completely digital. It has a unique API that can be integrated into our reporting platform, Looker. I like that the software is user friendly. It is very dynamic in that changes can be made in a few minutes vs traditional hard copy inspections which would need to be reprinted or versions become obsolete. The email reporting and the web platform reporting makes it very easy to see if employees are completing their inspections. If there are faults, we can easily identity them to send on to the mechanic. We have been able to integrate it company wide very easily because of how dynamic the software is with adding new users, vehicles, locations, forms, etc.

Cons

I would like a existing fault form that can be filled out for vehicles as they are added to the fleet or whip around is integrated. I would also like the ability to customize forms a little more with something such as a multiple photo option. I would also like a Manager version within the application. I would also like to see Whip Around continue to partner with telematics companies.

Response from Whip Around

Replied May 2019

Thanks for the review! Multiple photo cards are being worked on along with more functionality added to the mobile app for fleet managers and mechanics. Keep an eye out for the ongoing updates!

Joe from Self-Employed

Amazing tool for remotely managing fleet and driver staff

Overall, Whip-Around is a great product and a very effective tool.

Pros

I am part of a team that manages over 70 drivers and a fleet of 33 vehicles in 16 states. This software has been the perfect solution to remotely manage pre and post trip reports, vehicle maintenance, and driver compliance. It’s very simple to implement with drivers due in large part to not require special or expensive equipment - most of our drivers use the free app on their own smartphones. We also use inexpensive Samsung tablets which we leave on the vehicles (one per vehicle). Other great features are the document management for fleet and drivers, mechanic notifications and updates, and the ease of generating reports and summaries.

Cons

The only thing I would like to see improve is the driver communication tools. Currently, there is no feature in place that notifies drivers of the status of faults they reported. There is a feature to leave comments on a fault report, but drivers are not notified of those comments. Also, there is a feature to alert drivers if they miss a report or to send them reminders, however, it only sends these notifications via the app for drivers, so they would have to be logged in to see it. Sending text messages directly to the drivers via their personal mobile phones would be much more effective.

Dan from Chariot Transport

People actually helping people -

My interactions with the Whip Around crew has been great. They are actually people - can you believe that!? People helping people in an attempt to make their software better, make your jobs easier, help you solve problems and eliminate wasted time... its crazy. When I send a message to their support team on the website, I get a response (sometimes from a robot, but even the robot is helpful and a real person will be with you within a couple minutes); when I call I get to talk to someone; when I email I actually get a response - they even follow-up with appropriate calls and emails. Super great group to work with. The software has been easy to implement (given proper time to create the forms) and the way we were able to create and customize these forms has sped up the drivers times on completing pre-trip inspections, reduced the number of faults missed, and decreased our maintenance turn-around so that our vehicles are kept road-ready more often. Implementing and using Whip Around has been a very positive experience for us.

Pros

I would change the question to ask "What DO you like most..." as we don't plan on eliminating the use of Whip Around anytime soon. It has saved us a ton of time by digitizing and streamlining a cumbersome paper data-entry process. That benefit just by itself, ignoring the other utilities of Whip Around, more than justifies its low-cost (which is another great benefit).

Cons

There is only one small con that I can think of currently - It would be amazing if the system would auto-log drivers out after X amount of time being idle. This issue also falls on our drivers for being forgetful or non-observant, but auto-logout would eliminate the "oops, I didn't realize I was on another drivers account" hiccups.

Response from Whip Around

Replied April 2019

Hi Dan! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this feedback. We are currently in discussion about the auto log out for drivers. I will be sure to keep you in the loop with this. We appreciate your business and are so excited to continue working with you!

Gwen from Cogent, Inc.

Best Software Purchase EVER!

Everyone at Whip Around has always answered all of my questions in a very timely manner, and I honestly have nothing but positive things to say about the company and our partnership!

Pros

All of our Drivers & Service Managers are loving Whip Around, and the ease of the app. Truth be told, they were not consistently completing pre and post trip inspections, but now are doing so on a daily basis. I had one driver, who traveled to work at a different location for a week, call me so that I could switch him from one team to the next, to do his daily inspections. That would have NEVER happened before, and inspections would have just not been done... Also, my Sales Rep. has always been more than helpful! She visited us in person (for free) to conduct on site training, and is always available to answer my questions. If she is not in the office, someone there has always given me help within minutes!

Cons

Nothing - the system is easy to learn, and the app is amazing! If I was able to get my group using the app (within 1 day) and have less than 5 follow up questions this year - that speaks volumes!

George from Big T&D Trucking

Pleasantly surprised

we started using the app immediately and as a result breakdowns and roadcalls are down 40% from the previous 6 month period. repairs are scheduledmore efficiently reducing down time and I don't have massive bundles of DVIR slips to sift through or store

Pros

I can set reminders to go off on the drivers phones until they have completed their daily inspections, I can go back through the inspections to see who is doing them and who isn't, the app gives me a leader board so I can recognize the drivers that are following new protocols as requested

Cons

in order to add new drivers or equipment I need to have it done vs being able to just do it myself and there are no generic reports for rental units

Reasons for Choosing Whip Around

it seamed to cater specifically to our overall needs

Response from Whip Around

Replied August 2019

Hi George! Thank you for leaving us this feedback! I wanted to reach out and let you know that as an Admin on the account, you are able to add new drivers and equipment. Also, the forms are customizable and you can add all of the reports you would like! We offer a daily webinar training that covers all of this, so feel free to give us a call to get registered for one!

Johnnie from Walters Services Inc.

Pre and Post Trip Reports

We just recently had a training conference call and webinar last week with members of our management team and Whip Around. They were very knowledgeable and informative. CSR was fantastic in answering all of our questions.

Pros

We use Whip Around every day for our Pre and Post Trip Inspections for our entire fleet which is about 30 trucks and drivers. It's very simplistic for the administrator as far as customization. And it's very easy for the end users (our drivers) to use. It also helps our Fleet Maintenance Department track faults and needed repairs.

Cons

Our company has been using this software for the last few years. However, being new to the company, I personally have only been using it for the past 5 months. But so far, I can honestly say, there's not too much this software is lacking.

Ryne from Spirit Movers

Best D-DVIR Software

Whip Around has allowed us to go paperless with our DVIRs. The ease of use by the PVOs combine with the dashboard and fault reporting has allowed our company to act quicker to faults than ever before. The program has been good so far and we look forward to future features that will release.

Pros

This software does exactly what it says, it digitalizes the DVIRs required by the DOT. It also helps track vehicle faults, allowing our Operations Team to stay in the know and react appropriately at all times.

Cons

The one feature that needs to be implemented is a much more robust "reminder" feature. Right now you can only set reminders with a very limited control over when and how these reminders would be sent. It would be amazing to allow admin to set up reminders for specific forms and on specific days to specific PVOs. EX. send a pre-trip reminder to all employees on Monday - Friday at 7am.

Response from Whip Around

Replied February 2019

Thank you for your feedback, Ryne! I just sent you an email addressing the updates we released for our Reminders Feature. You now have the ability to set regular inspection reminders, missed inspection reminders, and more! Let us know if you have any questions!

Mike from Grat West INC

Best Inspection APP out there

whip around is always moving forward and there to tell me about new updates and stuff. cant understand how the could have such great pricing.

Pros

with a large construction company there are a lot of moving parts and vehicle maintenance needs to be maintained. I have 24 Utility trucks and 2 peterbuilts and this app based program really helps. what first attracted me to it is how simple it looked for my field techs, my thoughts where not only the money to start a program but all the training that would have to take place but this app is so easy there was hardly any training at all. the back office features are great too, I can control almost anything and if I need help support is just a chat away. I highly recommend for any size fleet.

Cons

I would like to see whip around spread to other sectors of fleet management like ELD systems and GPS programs so I can have it all under one program.

Response from Whip Around

Replied May 2019

Mike! Thanks so much for taking the time to write such a great review of Whip Around. We have a lot of great new features coming out so stay tuned!

Corinna from Advanced Logistics

Industry: Warehousing

Happy Review

So happy I learn of whip around it has saved me so much desk space by not having everyday paperwork sitting to be signed off or waiting for work to be done. I up load the issue and what equipment needs worked on and send email to our mechanic he then signs off with his statement when done that SIMPLE.

Pros

How easy it is to review all faults or non faults,I can follow every piece of equipment in now time,or if an employee isn't signing in,great tracking .

Cons

well I'm a slow learner, it took me a couple of trial's and with the help of support i got a lot figured out!!! do i have it all figured out no but as i move forward i feel confident or i call support.

Response from Whip Around

Replied May 2019

Thanks for the review. It's great that Whip Around is helping you out so much!

Ryan from Dalcross Handling

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Overall Very good

Using this type of software reduces the chance of missing potential issues with equipment and has reduced the downtime as faults are reported sooner. Auditors in my experience have been overall impressed with the system and prefer this over searching through filing cabinets.

Pros

Ease of use, modern web interface with good tablet support etc. Ideal for streamlining and keeping on top of daily checks with customisation of templates as you go. Reporting of faults is made efficient with ability to upload images etc Ability to set reminders with email alerts and good customer support when needed. Improvements get made on the fly showing ongoing development of the software is still active.

Cons

Would like to see the option to add templates that are user restricted to allow service templates to be created for maintenance staff. At the moment I cant see how to do this, perhaps its something they are working to implement with a future update ?

Jordan from SkyHop Global LLC

We love WhipAround!

WhipAround has been a great tool for us to stay in compliance, track team behaviors, and keep records. We highly recommend.

Pros

WhipAround allows us to keep an electronic log of complete pre and post-trip inspections and have our teams complete these inspections easily.

Cons

We are not able to set up a report that automatically advises when drivers do not complete inspections. We understand that this may we require API integration, but we believe it would allow us to identify and improve our own compliance issues much more efficiently.

Response from Whip Around

Replied January 2019

Hi Jordan, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this feedback. We greatly appreciate your business! Thank you for your words regarding the driver inspection reminders. This is something we are planning to integrate at some point.

Shelly from SCT of Ohio Inc

Whip Around Review

We are a trucking company that does not have an onsite mechanic. This enables our drivers to communicate daily if there are any issues with their trucks or if they need supplies for their trucks. We are able to keep track of current mileages on trucks this way also so that we are able to track when a service needs performed, which frees up a lot of my time having to make a visual on each truck to record mileage. With the feature of drivers being able to upload pictures, I can send that on to the mechanic so they are able to put an eye on what the driver is reporting. The ease of use has given our drivers a tool that they can use and it is a time saver for management.

Pros

Truck drivers are easily able to use it without much instruction. It is easy to change truck numbers in the system. It is very comprehensive. Drivers are able to upload pictures and comments easily.

Cons

Sometimes when there are updates to the software, drivers have to uninstall and reinstall the software.

Great mobility tool

The product is backed by a friendly and helpful team makes for winning combination.

Pros

So very easy to setup and use. Having the ability to monitor and oversee the entire fleet at once is a great benefit to the company. Drivers find the process really easy and not laborious at all. The maintenance crew are able to respond to faults as they are reported. Creating, editing and changing forms is a breeze.

Cons

The fact that it is not currently linked directly to any of the existing fleet management and servicing software.

Response from Whip Around

Replied March 2019

Thanks for reviewing Whip Around. We have some good news for you. We have 9 integrations planned this year and 3 are about to launch next month. If you would like more details please contact support.

kevin from Werbrichs Landscaping

Whip around review

We are very happy with the program

Pros

Easy to use, much better than paper, the dashboard is user-friendly, most importantly the system allows you to customize your forms giving you the data you want and eliminating the data you don't need, excellent program

Cons

My only issue with the software was my initial contact with the salesperson, he told me about a special offer that was much less expensive than the actual program cost, when I signed up for the program they knew who this person was and were upset that he made this offer, they were also unwilling to grant it to me. This was very frustrating but I like the program so much I signed up anyway

Response from Whip Around

Replied May 2019

Hi Richard! Thank you for your feedback and sorry to hear about your early experience. Glad that the software is meeting your needs and that you are very happy with the program! We look forward to a long term partnership.

Rick from Precision Roll Off

Second Time User and Works Just as Well!

I appreciate the automation of the data being collected.

Pros

Whip Around is simple and powerful. I'm a small owner/operator and this is a great tool for keeping track of mileage, as well as details that DOT might want to see. I implemented this for a previous employer and have continued to use and enjoy it as a owner/operator. Thanks rep and crew!

Cons

Occasionally the software hangs, but I find this is often the mobile device and not the software itself.

Response from Whip Around

Replied January 2019

Hi Rick, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this feedback. We greatly appreciate your business! You are right, in the world of software and applications, occasionally there are hiccups, but so happy to hear you enjoy our product! Best,

Chris from Imperfect Produce

Easy to navigate and keep my finger on the pulse of my fleet

Keep a keen eye on the fleet overall and vehicle conditions. Used to track it with paper inspections and created a lot of waste paper and inconsistent pre & post trip inspections

Pros

Easy to check driver inspections and investigate into faults. Can keep my team of drivers of accountable for our fleet and love the ability to look at a van's history with a few keystrokes

Cons

I would like a feature where I could pull weekly mileage from all vehicles. For example, the "milage" field auto-populates a weekly form to track mileage where the end of the week I could easily get the mileage sum for the week for the fleet. This is something I do manually now with each unit in the fleet and would save me about an hour a week

Response from Whip Around

Replied April 2019

Hi Chris! Thanks for you feedback! I will be sure to send your mileage suggestion over to our developers to consideration. Thanks for your business!

Brent from Interstate Batteries

Answer to our growing problem

I love everything about this App. From the initial, and ongoing customer service, to all of the inspection problems this solved for our company.

Pros

Ease of use App can be tailored to my specific business Snapshot tracking of who is performing required inspections Vehicle specific tracking

Cons

Very little I don't like but if I have to get nit picky, paying for groups of vehicles instead of per vehicle. If I only have 16 vehicles I don't want to have to pay for 15-20.

Response from Whip Around

Replied June 2019

Thanks for the review!

Morgan from LCI- Lineberger Construction Inc.

Industry: Civil Engineering

Very happy with Whip Around!

Overall we are happy wit our service.

Pros

The simple steps to complete an inspection is so convenient and easy to train new employees.

Cons

When multiple faults are listed on an inspection each fault is recorded separately on the faults page. Reporting for our in house DOT audit is difficult. We run a CSV for all faults and add the Work Order from there. It would be nice to have an option to fill in a field for work order on a fault that will generate a separate column on the CSV files.

Response from Whip Around

Replied May 2019

Hey Morgan! Thank you so much for taking the time to review Whip Around and provide us with great feedback. Great news! We are currently working on a premium work order module where you'll be able to group faults and preventative maintenance (including mileage based reminders). Our product team are going to reach out to get your input into!

Pat from Atlantic Limousine

Ease to a busy environment

Pros

In our day to day operations we have numerous people driving the same vehicle, keeping up with damage and missing inventory items - whip around asked the standard questions to every user giving us continuity with every inspection

Cons

Nothing - it has made our business operate much better

Dylan from Artemis Fine Art Services

Whip Around Provides an Effective and Intuitive Solution to Fleet Maintenance

In the first week of implementation a driver using Whip Around found a nail in his sidewall that could have caused a flat on the road or worse. Instead he was able to get a warranty replacement tire for less than $30 and was on the road without delaying his schedule.

Pros

Cons

At times the persistence of the team at Whip Around wanting to help was a bit grating, but in the end it was appreciated and contributed to our timely implementation.

Reasons for Choosing Whip Around

Stellar customer support and modern UX.

Stephen from BOOKER ENTERPRISE, INC.

WHIP AROUND REVIEW

Whip Around is great because you can always reference back to a particular pre/post trip. It also helps to hold your employees accountable as well as letting them know that you are paying attention to things.

Pros

The software is extremely user friendly. Multiple managers have access which makes it nice so I don't always have to be the one who makes changes or edits things. Even when they make updates that improve the system, they are easy to adjust to.

Cons

Sometimes I feel like it is cluttered with too many charts and graphs and leaderboards. It's not necessarily a bad thing I just don't always have a need for them.

Amber from Hussaria Trucking Services

$450 ROI within the first WEEK!

I look forward to on boarding our entire fleet, and further reducing operational and maintenance costs. It's only been a week, but I can see the benefit clearly and highly recommend the software. It's such an affordable subscription - what do you have to lose?

Pros

With Whip Around, our Office Manager was able to get a heads up regarding upcoming repairs that needed to be made BEFORE it was too late. This resulted in some research and some strategic purchasing that is projected to save us at least $450/annually going forward. The customer service team is amazing! That little chat bot at the bottom of your home screen responds in real time, and is actually useful - they were able to put trucks that were out of service on hold within minutes of me asking.

Cons

I wish it was more than just maintenance! The dashboard is modern and well designed, and I really wish we could do more with Whip Around than just maintenance related issues. Time to expand team ;)

Response from Whip Around

Replied April 2019

Hi Amber! Thank you so much for your feedback! We are thrilled to hear that our software is saving your business money! Let's get together soon and talk more about what other features you are looking for!

Bill from Universal Scrap Metals

NO MORE PAPER!

The main benefit is that we are finding is that because of how quick and easy it is for the drivers to use the app we are finding that they are writing up more things and we are able to spot problems sooner. This allows us to save time on larger repairs down the road.

Pros

The ability to give our drivers the tools needed to report any problems they have with the equipment. It no longer takes a day for the Maintenance dept to get the paper DVIR's its instant. Once the driver submits it on the app it goes directly over, its that easy! I cant tell you the time and money that we are saving with this system.

Cons

None to add.............................

Response from Whip Around

Replied April 2019

Hi Bill! Thank you for your feedback! We are so happy to hear how well Whip Around is working for you and your drivers. We appreciate your business!

Crystal from Integrated Medical Transport

Easy to use!

Able to keep a close eye on mileage, I'm made aware of problems much faster and pictures help so much, as well as a description. Has improved the overall care of my fleet vehicles.

Pros

I like how easy this software is to use and to tweak. Completely customizable.

Cons

Too many errors. When I run my reports, mileage is missing although it was input. Also hate that it keeps forgetting my settings. It seems to get fixed and then one day its back to the old settings, frustrating to have to go back to fix it.

Response from Whip Around

Replied May 2019

Hi Crystal, Thanks for taking the time to review us. The errors and missing mileage is something we are going to get in touch with you about and see if we can get a permanent fix done for you. We really appreciate you letting us know about this and remember, if you need any support we offer this to you 24/7 via online chat and phone.

Michael from SJ and Son Construction & Trucking LLC

Great APP

I am really liking how Whip Around is efficient for my business. It is saving time and money for the company in the long run. So far I am happy and have referred Whip Around to 2 other companies that are using the service.

Pros

I like how there is an option for pictures. As well as assigning my drivers to there own profile. Very convenient to print out any mechanical issues and assign to my mechanics for the day of work.

Cons

Response from Whip Around

Replied January 2019

Hi Michael! Thank you so much for your kind feedback on our app! I am sorry to hear you have not received a few emails from your drivers. I am going to look into this. We have an awesome Referral Program, so keep em coming! Thank you for your business!

Edgardo from SkyHop Global LLC

Great experience and full of knowledge.

It helps me to have all my maintenance fleet up to date.

Pros

Having the reports ready to export as PDF and share them with my team, it's the best part! Also, I would like to recommend if you can have a way to have each vehicle for separately.

Cons

As a fleet manager, I would like to be able to have each city or station per group in order to have all the reports separately.

Response from Whip Around

Replied January 2019

Hi Edgardo, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this feedback. We greatly appreciate your business! The software does have the ability group each city or station by group. I will reach out to you via phone to explain. Thank you!

David from Skyhopglobal

Whipe Around Pro

on My experience this program help me a lot, i'm allays aware for any issue or accidents on my units, when, drivers let me now when the units need oil change or any maintenance ....

Pros

Is easy to report and have update every unit the maintenance, easy for my driver and support every possible issue

Cons

i like everything, is fast, easy to use including driver whit out technologies knowledge's, and this is very important for me

Jordan from Austin Trucking LLC

Great Software and App

Outstanding!

Pros

This software helps our company daily pre and post trip our trucks activities that I believe are missed when pre and post trips are done on paper. The app allows the drivers to take pictures with a detailed message of issue that in turn helps our mechanics begin the necessary steps ahead of time to fix the problem. The app is very simple to use and can be customized into what fits your company’s needs.

Cons

None at the moment. Great software, I recommend this software to any company with a medium to large fleet.

Rita from Anniston Metals Inc

Industry: Mining & Metals

Excellent DVIR app

The app is easy for drivers and easy for me as the administrator; the Whip Around staff are wonderfully helpful; I've used other DVIR software that didn't come close to completing ALL the requirements for DVIRs - this one does.

Pros

I like the fact that I get real time DVIRs and don't have to wait for paperwork to be turned in by driver; I also love the feature that allows me to email the mechanic and take care of the proof of repair, as well as allowing me to scan the repair invoice in on the inspection report. No more searching through piles of documents to find the repair invoice and date.

Cons

So far, I haven't found anything I don't like.

Response from Whip Around

Replied March 2019

Hi Rita! Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback! We appreciate your business!

Whip-Around helps Cut Repair times

We were an early adopter and have seen a lot of changes come down the pipe, they are still working to fill out some areas and Improve the experience even more. I can’t wait to see what tools they release next for admins and drivers. Whip-around has helped our crew inspect better and shorten our time from fault detection to repair to about 7 working days.

Pros

We were able to make the inspection almost guided Around the vehicle so that our non CDL drivers that may never have Done a pretrip are able to have a list to check against. And know what to look for.

Cons

Took a little bit to configure forms And vehicles and FMCSA Dot Pretrip was not a default selection. They will however create whatever inspection you desire if you email them a copy of the info.

Response from Whip Around

Replied March 2019

Thank you for your feedback!

Adam from AWR Enterprises

Easy to use and great way to track maintenance

If it helps me is mechanic to keep up with the maintenance and repairs on the trucks, it is also a good way to make sure the employees are doing a proper pre-trip.

Pros

I like how easy it is for me to use as a mechanic and the also how easy it is for the drivers to use it, he gives us a very good ability to keep up with the maintenance requirements of the trucks.

Cons

The only thing that I have found a little frustrating is that some of the admin features are harder to use on a mobile device versus doing it on a desktop.

Response from Whip Around

Replied May 2019

Hi Adam! Thanks for the review. Appreciate it! Great news, we are currently working on the mobile app which will enable fleet managers to do the main tasks on it instead of having to use the web based dashboard. Keep an eye out for it!

Donnie from D&R

Ease of use

Pros

Cons

The only con is that you are unable to take screen shots. Sometimes operators are busy and can't show me their daily inspection even though I have it on my dashboard I can't take photo of it.

Response from Whip Around

Replied June 2019

Hi Donnie, thanks for taking the time to leave a review and for the possibility feedback. We really appreciate it. Taking a screenshot is not something that is part of a software package. What you can do is add a google chrome extension to your browser that will take a full page screen shot. Please contact us via the chat button if you'd like some help with this.

Leonel from Walters Services

Industry: Environmental Services

Great tool!

Thank you so much!

Pros

We have had this software from the beginning, in fact; We were the first customers of Whip Around !!! Amazing!!! We are very happy and satisfied with the service, we can better control our truck fleet and it is very easy to use. Thank you Whip Around Team!!

Cons

Honestly; nothing. Our experience has been very good.

Adrian from Premier Transportation

Best Inspection software we have used!!

WhipAround has worked excellently. One of the biggest incentives to its continued use is the immense support we receive from the WhipAround team.

Pros

We love the ability to customize the inspection reports to fit our needs. Its ease of use that requires a minimal training session to learn how to use the application.

Cons

Only change we would like to see is a way to submit an annotated & backdated inspection, its rare occasions that its needed. With administrative approval prior to submission of backdated inspections.

Micheal from Above The Noise, LLC

A Safe Fleet is a Good Fleet

Pros

The access for my drivers rocks! Also the reporting gives me a quick look at any issues with my fleet.

Cons

No real cons to it. It is superb. I enjoy it and so do my drivers.

Response from Whip Around

Replied January 2019

Hi Michael, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this feedback. We greatly appreciate your business! So happy to hear you and your drivers have adapted to Whip Around! Best,

Lawrence from Renees Limousines

Inspections

Having the drivers take pictures of the vehicle and themselves to watch for new damage and that they are in uniform.

Pros

It is nice to be able to streamline work orders from inspections. I also like being able to have pictures set up in inspections and have the drivers take pictures. This has helped us to go back and view different things. when work is scheduled it is easy just to send the work order right to the mechanic.

Cons

No area for fuel to be entered. You can create a card for the driver to enter that but you would need to export that file and figure the mileage out manually.

Reasons for Choosing Whip Around

streamline and better automate our system

Alex from A1A LIMOUSINE

The whip Around app has helped us deal with onerous insurance company demands, allowing us to easily produce maintenance records they demand when trying to avoid paying out claims, also causes driver to be more vigilante in reporting wear and tear and damage to vehicles.

Pros

App is very easy to use and provides a lot of useful data with very little time and effort, ALL of our driver use it multiple times a day without complaint.

Cons

Hard to think of anything not to like, it does everything we need quickly and effectively.

Response from Whip Around

Replied June 2019

Thanks for your review!

Mark from Kaluzny Bros., Inc.

Industry: Renewables & Environment

Decreased downtime

Because we get the info so quickly we are able to order parts and have them waiting for when the driver gets in. This has reduced downtime and has increased driver satisfaction

Pros

Gets info to my mechanics instantly wit a picture of what’s wrong. Most of the time they formulate a plan to repair the vehicle and then they are able to do the repair at the pump while the driver is fueling up.

Cons

Could use a maintenance module that helped with scheduling services

Response from Whip Around

Replied May 2019

Hi Joseph! Thank you for your feedback! Great news, we are currently working on a beefed up preventative maintenance add on which will address your request. Keep an eye out for it! Looking forward to a continued partnership with you guys!

Brance from Ride Systems

The customer support is outstanding, the setup is easy, the reports are super informational and everything’s great.

Pros

The ease of set up, use and train ability. This product is easy for drivers of all ages can operate the application.

Cons

The option to do more than one pre trip inspection on the same vehicle in one day without an alert notification asking if you are sure you want to proceed because an inspection has already occurred earlier that day.

Reasons for Choosing Whip Around

Ease of use and customer service.