What are Whip Around users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Whip Around software through verified user reviews

• icon"Ease of use and functionality are the top things we love about Whip Around."
  • icon"Rapid customer support responses. Ease of updating our vehicle/driver information on our account."
  • icon"I liked the ease of use and the quick answers to my questions from the support staff."
  • icon"Also hate that it keeps forgetting my settings. It seems to get fixed and then one day its back to the old settings, frustrating to have to go back to fix it."
  • icon"I hate that I didn't know this product was out here before now."
  • icon"In order to add new drivers or equipment I need to have it done vs being able to just do it myself and there are no generic reports for rental units."

Browse all Whip Around Reviews

• Have you used Whip Around and would like to share your experience with others?

Zachary

Company size: 11 - 50 employees

April 2022

Great Software to Keep Track of Maintenance Schedule

Peter

Industry: Oil & Energy

All in one Fleet management System

Pros

Right from the start i found this software easy to use, easy to integrate and easy to maintain. It takes alot of the hassle out of Fleet management for the managers as well as the drivers. With the recent addition of the Maintenance section, we've been able to keep better track of upcoming services and certifications resulting in less down time for the fleet.

Cons

Customization of the reports would be a benefit as well as being able to assign annual inspection dates, for CVIP or other certifications, to vehicles instead of relying on the reminders section. having it auto populate in the maintenance section when due.

Reasons for choosing Whip Around

Its user friendly interface and mobile monitoring functionality made it a clear choice. The exceptional customer service goes along way as well.

Glenn

April 2022

GlennM

The online help is very quick and useful when training new admin users.

Pros

Ease of creating forms that include photos to be input by drivers. Easy for drivers learn to use right away.

Cons

having to create a 'team' for each driver/asset.

Reasons for choosing Whip Around

Ease of use by drivers and admin staff. Effectiveness of reporting to admin.

Cassandra

What I wish it had

Its great for pretrips but other than that trying to use anything else I have struggled with bugs or just a release of the feature to early to where it really needed more thought and development. I hope to see some corrections of the current features to make it more used friendly on all platforms.

Pros

The inspections tab works great its user friendly on both driver and mechanic side and I don't have any issues there.

Cons

1) I wish you could make assets available to more than one group. I want to separate my mechanics and drivers since they have separate forms but I would then have to have 2 of every asset making me pay double. 2) I wish you could achieve vehicles. We have had trucks get totaled and we have to keep pretrips for records but we don't need to keep paying for the asset to be active when we don't have it any more. 3) I wish the phone app was more comparable to the computer. There is so much you cant get to or navigate on the phone and it makes it hard when you out in the shop trying to look through inspections and work orders of the truck you are trying to repair. The app overall is just not user friendly for mechanics which makes it hard to teach them to use it. 4) This would be a great tool for mechanic shops if you found a way to make a customer asset for vehicles not owned by the company.

Brian

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Logistics usage.

Overall WhipAround is a huge improvement to some of the more archaic methods of fleet management. The interface is a healthy design, user friendly, and excellent at navigating you where you want to be. The product itself offers a vast amount of tools and resources available to you at different levels.

Pros

I enjoy the ease of general fleet management. Helps us detect issues that could otherwise go unnoticed.

Cons

I don't have much to say about cons, it's more about the usage we personally get out of the product vs the capacity it could provide other companies that operate differently.

Reasons for switching to Whip Around

Wanted our fleet managed under 1 program and organized.

Keith

Industry: Translation and Localization

Whiparound

Pros

easily tracks the fleet with photos of failures or damage

Cons

Sometimes does not show drivers the inspection report has posted. leading to drivers having to call dispatch to verify inspection was accepted.

Dayle

MidMountain Contractors

Overall - Whip Around has been extremely user friendly. Set-up was a breeze once we got going & surprisingly I haven't received much grief from the drivers! Win, win for everyone!

Pros

With the integration of Whip Around I no longer have to file PAPER inspections everyday. I can simply log on & check for missing inspections or defects. The mobile app saves us tremendous amounts of time & helps with ease of communication.

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything at this moment.

Reasons for choosing Whip Around

Pricing & Whip Around seemed more "user friendly".

Melinda

Whip Around Works

Great!

Pros

Easy for the drivers to navigate! As a Manager, I like the updates.

Cons

How the timing is set up saying we haven't done our daily whip around, but our driver hasn't left the building yet. We are on Central Time.

Reasons for switching to Whip Around

Cumbersome. Difficult to manage.

March 2022

Whip Around - A valuable Fleet Management tool!

Amazing product and an amazing company. Highly recommend!!

Pros

Whip Around, and their staff were amazing at helping throughout the entire process. From product demonstration all the way through to implementation! This is an outstanding product, with an outstanding support team.

Cons

So far, I have not found any negative aspects about this product to report.

Johanna

Excellent Tool

Love the product. Reasonable price. Excellent time saver and easy record recording. Absolutely love the product!

Pros

I love that this is very easy to use and user friendly. It is quick and easy to update information for our fleet. Everyone learned it very quickly on different skill levels.

Cons

If there could be a "pop up" reminder on the screen that would be amazing. The emails are nice but we get a lot of them daily so they would be easier to find.

Dathan

Great for our RV rental Business

very good

Pros

simplicity and ease of use. all the information needed is right at my finger tips

Cons

i dont like that sometimes reports dont submit right away

Where have you been all our life WhipAround?

I think much of this is answered above but I'll try to comment simply here with some bullet points. -improved time management for our mechanics to the tune of 20% -our fleet has stayed moving more regularly due to a streamlined means of communications and necessary repairs. We've gone from being primarily reactive to primarily proactive. In 1 half of our company we've seen an 80% reduction in rental costs and I attribute some of this to the introduction of WhipAround to our fleet of heavy equipment. -We have improved accountability from our driver's. We can now see who is and who isn't following our policies and procedures on a daily basis and take corrective action -In the past we operated off of homegrown spreadsheets and files to hold information about our fleet. Now we are able to have 1 spot to store vehicle/equipment info, photos, reports, faults, repairs, etc. So simple! -Overall, I have and will continue to suggest WhipAround to anyone I associate with as I firmly believe in their product and the support from their team. We at Belknap Landscape Co. honestly couldn't be happier with our relationship

Pros

#1 - customer service and implementation of the software into our organization was amazing. #2 - [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is number 1 in customer service and attention to our needs and product development thoughts. #3 - [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] took time to fly out to our team to help onboard our drivers into the software and provide a personal approach to the training #4 - the software is SOOO simple to use yet incredibly powerful and valuable in terms of results #5 - our drivers and mechanics now communicate totally differently than they use to in the past. Everything is streamlined and documented #6 - speaking of documentation...gone are the days of carbon copy books and tracking down hand written forms. Our organization has 4 facilities and to transfer information in a time-effective manner was everything but successful. With WhipAround the right people in our company get the information they need instantaneously allowing us to keep the right documents in the right place for legal purposes, allowing our mechanics to respond instantly to the needs of our fleet to keep them going and to effectively schedule the necessary repairs we need to run a profitable business. Everyone in the process of our fleet is accountable to their specific role when using WhipAround. Finally, the folks at WhipAround are all about product development and always open to suggestion/improvement of what they provide for a service which is a huge value add proposition in my book.

Cons

It costs .25 cents more per month per vehicle than the carbon copy book that we used in the past. Just kidding...that's all I've got. We thoroughly enjoy the business relationship we have with the WhipAround team!

Scott

Great product

We are using Whip Around most particularly for Inspection reports on trucks and trailers as well as Inventory control and a mechanics checklist. Thus far, it has been great. We are supposed to be able to combine it with our Verizon Connect account, which we havent figured out as of yet, but it is a matter of time before it gets even better.

Pros

The ease of use is probably the best thing. We did a simple training for our crew one day and started use the following Monday. It was really easy to use.

Cons

Have not really found a con as of yet...

Reasons for choosing Whip Around

Price. GoCanvas looked like a good product, however they wanted WAY too much money. They gave us a deep deep discount but we had to make the decision way too soon. And even WITH that discount, Whip Around beat their price. The price is based on how big your fleet is which is MUCH better than the platform GoCanvas has. Our other option was design our own app, which was going to cost us $20k+ and just really wasnt worth the effort.

Response from Whip Around

Thanks so much for your review Scott and yes we now have an integration with Verizon Connect. We a keen to continue to develop this and improve the customer experience. Please contact your account rep at Verizon Connect to get your credentials to connect the two accounts. If you need help with configuring it please let us know via the online chat. We are there 24/7 to support you.

Replied May 2019

Christopher

Robust, yet simple fleet management. I highly Recommend it.

Pros

Whip Around is a critical part of managing our fleet. It allows our drivers to easily go through a custom checklist pre- and post-trip, which will email the admins of any failures or maintenance issues that are found so they can be quickly resolved. We also use Whip Around to track the miles and have set custom notifications at certain milestones for maintenance BEFORE it's due so that we can plan for downtime, etc. The maintenance module allows us to easily run repots on the overall costs per vehicle which helps us project allowances in our budget quite accurately.

Cons

The app is always in the portrait orientation. It would be great if when you turned the device it went into landscape.

Reasons for choosing Whip Around

We loved how simple the interface is and the staff was helpful and sincere. The pricing structure was simple and cost effective.

Whip Around

Whip Around is great because it replaces the head ache of paper pretrips. It can be updated with the click of a few buttons and is very customizable to any need your business has in regards to checklist and inspections. The reporting is clean. Its very simple to add vehicles, users, or employees.

Pros

I like that Whip Around is completely digital. It has a unique API that can be integrated into our reporting platform, Looker. I like that the software is user friendly. It is very dynamic in that changes can be made in a few minutes vs traditional hard copy inspections which would need to be reprinted or versions become obsolete. The email reporting and the web platform reporting makes it very easy to see if employees are completing their inspections. If there are faults, we can easily identity them to send on to the mechanic. We have been able to integrate it company wide very easily because of how dynamic the software is with adding new users, vehicles, locations, forms, etc.

Cons

I would like a existing fault form that can be filled out for vehicles as they are added to the fleet or whip around is integrated. I would also like the ability to customize forms a little more with something such as a multiple photo option. I would also like a Manager version within the application. I would also like to see Whip Around continue to partner with telematics companies.

Response from Whip Around

Thanks for the review! Multiple photo cards are being worked on along with more functionality added to the mobile app for fleet managers and mechanics. Keep an eye out for the ongoing updates!

Replied May 2019

Joe

Amazing tool for remotely managing fleet and driver staff

Overall, Whip-Around is a great product and a very effective tool.

Pros

I am part of a team that manages over 70 drivers and a fleet of 33 vehicles in 16 states. This software has been the perfect solution to remotely manage pre and post trip reports, vehicle maintenance, and driver compliance. It’s very simple to implement with drivers due in large part to not require special or expensive equipment - most of our drivers use the free app on their own smartphones. We also use inexpensive Samsung tablets which we leave on the vehicles (one per vehicle). Other great features are the document management for fleet and drivers, mechanic notifications and updates, and the ease of generating reports and summaries.

Cons

The only thing I would like to see improve is the driver communication tools. Currently, there is no feature in place that notifies drivers of the status of faults they reported. There is a feature to leave comments on a fault report, but drivers are not notified of those comments. Also, there is a feature to alert drivers if they miss a report or to send them reminders, however, it only sends these notifications via the app for drivers, so they would have to be logged in to see it. Sending text messages directly to the drivers via their personal mobile phones would be much more effective.

Dan

People actually helping people -

My interactions with the Whip Around crew has been great. They are actually people - can you believe that!? People helping people in an attempt to make their software better, make your jobs easier, help you solve problems and eliminate wasted time... its crazy. When I send a message to their support team on the website, I get a response (sometimes from a robot, but even the robot is helpful and a real person will be with you within a couple minutes); when I call I get to talk to someone; when I email I actually get a response - they even follow-up with appropriate calls and emails. Super great group to work with. The software has been easy to implement (given proper time to create the forms) and the way we were able to create and customize these forms has sped up the drivers times on completing pre-trip inspections, reduced the number of faults missed, and decreased our maintenance turn-around so that our vehicles are kept road-ready more often. Implementing and using Whip Around has been a very positive experience for us.

Pros

I would change the question to ask "What DO you like most..." as we don't plan on eliminating the use of Whip Around anytime soon. It has saved us a ton of time by digitizing and streamlining a cumbersome paper data-entry process. That benefit just by itself, ignoring the other utilities of Whip Around, more than justifies its low-cost (which is another great benefit).

Cons

There is only one small con that I can think of currently - It would be amazing if the system would auto-log drivers out after X amount of time being idle. This issue also falls on our drivers for being forgetful or non-observant, but auto-logout would eliminate the "oops, I didn't realize I was on another drivers account" hiccups.

Response from Whip Around

Hi Dan! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this feedback. We are currently in discussion about the auto log out for drivers. I will be sure to keep you in the loop with this. We appreciate your business and are so excited to continue working with you!

Replied April 2019

Jeremy

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Lifesaver

I stepped into a situation with 30 Recreational Vehicles with varying conditions and I was drowning trying to figure out which units needed what work. After researching and receiving demos from multiple providers, I did a trial of this and was sold. The utility of this tool is great and I cannot imagine trying to keep track of all these units the way we had before I bought this business.

Pros

WhipAround understands what's important about finding, managing and resolving defects to a vehicle. From start to finish I can digitally facilitate this aspect of my work, keep straight the status of the units, communicate clearly to several stakeholders, including insurance companies. The interface is intuitive and I can navigate around it easily with links to an inspection, a defect, a form, an asset readily available.

Cons

There are times that my inspections (which can take over an hour) will time out and I will lose my work in the middle of it. Doesn't happen often, and I think it might be if my phone switches from wifi to cell signal, but it has been frustrating. I also wish I had access to landscape photography and larger resolution images if needed.

Reasons for choosing Whip Around

The ability to track a defect to a work order, and it's ultimate resolution.

Industry: Building Materials

Great solution with agility to customize

Improved record keeping of DVIR (electronic), improved depth inspection (photos), improved speed of communication (real-time updates), improved confidence by frontline users (Drivers) that company is adopting technologies that improve their jobs (a building of confident after training)

Pros

Template based forms which can be customized to my my needs/specifics.

Cons

Each card or inspection area has limit of (5) reminders/items/descriptions... sometimes needing to created additional cards vs. a longer list. (Yet, I know this limiter leads to more intentional/more thorough/higher engaged inspection) Also, some UX feedback on not being able to go to other fields when keyboard is active other than done. (variable size of tablet screens/pop-up keyboard size may be customer end constraint)

Reasons for choosing Whip Around

A robust but simplified solution that we could easily integrate into our existing processes, adopt as a new process as better/best practice, and roll-out training with confidence to our people, all for a fair price. It also meant something when a senior leader of the company visited, took our questions (taking notes of our industry specific feedback/concerns), and projected the assurance he would personally help (his vested interest and ability to direct) to remove barriers of implementation and invest into our success as a partner. (allocation of Client Success Mgr(s)). While it was a textbook deal closing, the after-sale delivery and support of our roll-out spoke volumes!

Response from Whip Around

Hi Daniel, Thanks for taking time to provide feedback. The developers have been made aware of your suggestions. If you have other pieces of feedback, please make sure to send those over.

Replied February 2020

Lawrence

Inspections & Maintenance

I have loved using Whip Around. Since we have started using it, it has automated our maintenance program so when a service is due, it automatically creates a work order and sends i to our mechanic. One of the other best parts is the customer service. They have ALWAYS been prompt and helpful.

Pros

We do all our vehicle inspections with this software. I like making sure that inspections are done by the drivers by forcing them to take pictures of all 4 sides of the vehicle. It also helps if we find damage to be able to go back and find when it appeared and have proof.

Cons

I am still working on figuring out the maintenance side of it. There have been several improvements. The one issue is that a drivers comments do not appear on a work order. When you turn a defect to a work order, it only shows the category. For example, lights, when the driver fails it and says right headlight out, it only shows on the work order as a light failure.

Reasons for switching to Whip Around

We tried it out for a short trial period and realized we were able to eliminate 2 other subscriptions for this one andI am glad that we did with the service level that I have received.

RITA

Industry: Renewables & Environment

One of Our Best Tools

From the moment we expressed interest in this product, we have had a great experience. Their customer service is always available and always helpful. I've expressed interest in having other features before and they listened. This is a great company with a great product. This is one of the best tools we have in our DOT Compliance program.

Pros

Whip Around is easy to set up and use. Driver training can be done in minutes. Also, the card system it uses can be tailored to your company's needs, and our drivers actually like doing their inspections this way. I have no doubt that our drivers always did their inspections, but getting them to correctly fill out inspection forms was a nightmare. With Whip Around, all the problems I had with paper inspection forms were solved and I am getting more complete inspections than ever before.

Cons

At this time, I have no cons to report regarding Whip Around.

Reasons for choosing Whip Around

It was easier to use and had more flexibility in adapting it for our company's needs.

George

Pleasantly surprised

we started using the app immediately and as a result breakdowns and roadcalls are down 40% from the previous 6 month period. repairs are scheduledmore efficiently reducing down time and I don't have massive bundles of DVIR slips to sift through or store

Pros

I can set reminders to go off on the drivers phones until they have completed their daily inspections, I can go back through the inspections to see who is doing them and who isn't, the app gives me a leader board so I can recognize the drivers that are following new protocols as requested

Cons

in order to add new drivers or equipment I need to have it done vs being able to just do it myself and there are no generic reports for rental units

Reasons for choosing Whip Around

it seamed to cater specifically to our overall needs

Reasons for switching to Whip Around

An attempt to make daily inspection more convenient and reduce the amount of paper used and stored

Response from Whip Around

Hi George! Thank you for leaving us this feedback! I wanted to reach out and let you know that as an Admin on the account, you are able to add new drivers and equipment. Also, the forms are customizable and you can add all of the reports you would like! We offer a daily webinar training that covers all of this, so feel free to give us a call to get registered for one!

Replied August 2019

Dominic

This is the Program You Want

We've been able to reduce down time, accurately track repairs, and keep a regular maintenance schedule with ease since starting with whip around. The whole experience has been great and I am very happy with the decision I made.

Pros

The software is easy to use, the setup is quick and easy and the company overall is great. You can tell that they care about their customers and want to improve their product to suit our needs. I love being able to track all of the maintenance that has been done instantly every day, it has improved our maintenance program immensely.

Cons

There are really only a few things that I would like to see change, but they're minor inconveniences overall. First, I wish I could create a work order without a fault being required. I would like to just manually enter information about a fault and create a work order all in one step. Second, I would like to be able to search/ enter work that was performed on a machine by the parts that were replaced and the fault that caused them to fail. Right now I just have to do some digging to figure out which fault I need to look at again.

Johnnie

Pre and Post Trip Reports

We just recently had a training conference call and webinar last week with members of our management team and Whip Around. They were very knowledgeable and informative. CSR was fantastic in answering all of our questions.

Pros

We use Whip Around every day for our Pre and Post Trip Inspections for our entire fleet which is about 30 trucks and drivers. It's very simplistic for the administrator as far as customization. And it's very easy for the end users (our drivers) to use. It also helps our Fleet Maintenance Department track faults and needed repairs.

Cons

Our company has been using this software for the last few years. However, being new to the company, I personally have only been using it for the past 5 months. But so far, I can honestly say, there's not too much this software is lacking.

Gwen

Fantastic System - Easy to Use - Made us Compliant

The CSR's at Whip Around are amazing to work with - they check in regularly to make sure everything is okay, they provided and in-person training for free, and always answer questions in a timely manner. They have a chat feature and someone always replies within minutes!

Pros

This software is very easy to use, as it can be used on a cell phone, tablet, etc. Our Service Technicians picked up on it very quickly, and it encouraged them to do all pre and post-trip inspections in a timely manner, which helped with our DOT compliance.

Cons

There is nothing we don't like about this software. There are even features we don't currently use, but it has so much potential .... I can't say enough about how this software has helped our Service Managers manage inspections, repair, etc.!

4.81/5 out of 448 reviews