Wintac

RATING:

4.2

About Wintac

Wintac was recently acquired by Clearent and merged into the FieldEdge family. As technology in the field service space advances and evolves, Wintac will be no longer maintained after January 2022. Why is Wintac going away? Due to technical limitations Wintac will pose in the future, along with increasing demand for more innovative and accessible solutions, we believe it’s best to retire Wintac. The features you know and love in Wintac will still be available in FieldEdge, with increased functionality across many areas. We are dedicated to your success and our goal is to make this transition process as smooth as possible. Read more: https://fieldedge.com/news/sunsetting-wintac-solutions/ If you have questions or concerns, please contact questions@fieldedge.com or 87...

Awards and Recognition

FrontRunner 2020
Software Advice's FrontRunners report ranks top products based on user reviews, which helps businesses find the right software.

Wintac Pricing

You pay once for Wintac and it is yours to use forever. No monthly charges. No hidden costs. Best Price Guarentee

Starting price:

1 - 5 of 688 Reviews

Rick

Construction, 2-10 employees

GREAT CHOICE

We started out small and have been able to grow with no changes to our software

PROS

It incorporates every aspect of our business and brings it together for us

CONS

Still have had some issues with the mobile app

Craig

Reviewed July 2018

Wintac has a lot to offer

PROS

Wintac is a very one step at a time program that we have been using for over 20+ years. The details for customer info and products for equipment and warranties is simple and reports are easy to generate. The dispatching screen is very customizable and tech friendly. The web portal is great for tecs to use in the field to complete invoices, make proposals and even add new customers. Great for the after hours crew. Lots of value for the price. Customer service is always available to help with any issues that may occur. Great for small to mid-sized companies.

CONS

That the web portal has limits that cannot be changed for example address spelling changes, customer name spelling changes, and no real dashboard for viewing the work schedule, it could be a bit updated to a real dashboard view. We also could use a multiple window view feature, I believe it is in the new 2018 version this fall.

Donald

Consumer Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2017

Issues with the software

Even though they have been around 25 years but in the service field less 5 yrs - the software has several problems. We had made several attempts to help with issues that we have been having from the beginning of us buying the software. The use of the web side in the field is very slow and becomes jammed when using it. Now if they could put more work on the App version they have it would be more user-friendly. Equipment management is very poor where we would enter equipment model and serial numbers then they would disappear.

PROS

It is an all in one software and has a mobile app.

CONS

Wintac Issues Customer Login: There needs to be an example and explained exactly how the password how it should be set up. When my customers go to set up their logins it does not show how Wintac password set up EXAMPLE – At the Sign up for your new account window – Under Account E-mail it should explain the password parameters. Wintac System: PO – Item code for the Vendor’s – I have in Business Options checked (PO) – Include Vendor’s Item Code and it is not printing on the PO Order. A/P & Checking: In Adding a (Journal, writing a check & anything with G/L account) Should have placed another column showing a description of Account description or have it where we can choose to use Division or Description next to Amount. Worker Order: Why is it when we are working in work order and want to see equipment - there is not a place from that screen to look up equipment that is at the location when clicking from dispatch board (we need to be able to get to the equipment from the job site not only from billing information. I want the ability to only see equipment for the jobs site we are on not all equipment unless I am in customer information area. I have one customer that has 2 system on each 80 cabins in the system so when I am looking at work order I cannot just click on that location equipment with going back out to get to customer information then finding the building and then look at the equipment. Poor time management. Task: Building a task the cost sometimes does not transfer from inventory cost and when I zero it out in inventory it does not remove it from the task (when I have it check to update task when inventory is changing) But when I zero it out in the task cost it comes back. Task: Adding in Items & Amounts – If I am Adding let’s say Freon and need to change Amount or Qty from 1 to 6 the price savings in work description goes away after I make the QTY change to the item (Does not update the price savings or add price) But if I left 1 in QTY it Stays. Task: When building a task from inventory the cost does not show up all the time or if I change cost in inventory it does not change it in the task. But if I change it sometimes it does not stay. If I change HRS/QTY it does not update on work description it removes task information. Equipment: Again we should be able to look at job equipment from Invoice, Work Order on the job site. We have to go out of invoice into customer information then equipment History – I have customers with Multiple job sites – It would be easier just from work order /or Invoice. Notes: There should be at job site SHOULD save in notes area at Job site and Customer information. When you save notes on the jobs site page – IT SHOULD save it also at customer information in case of follow-up work. Saving in Notes are so we can use as reference no matter if new or old work order – invoice – Proposal. Email: Are Emails are going to customer’s Spam all the time. The Emails are how a customer gets their Bills. In the field – APP or Portal The tech cannot change any information in the field if it needs to be changed ex-address, email, or name spelled wrong. Tablet – APP In the field the APP is faster to use than the web porter. Using the web porter through tablet is like dial up – (if you are old enough to remember) when standing in front of the customer trying to leave the job. My Opinion is to improve the App to input information quickly then upload information once it has been inputted will save time and easier to use. In the app need to be able to upload customer signature and payment information. Because ever little change made on the web porter really slows downs the time we should be doing something else. When we select a task in the field – When the customer has a discount it does not show the regular price then the discount price like it does when doing the invoice in the office computer. APP & Web Porter: We should be able to input or change equipment on the job site SEPARATE from attaching to parts or task that are inputted. We should be able to select equipment we are working on but also be able to add or edit on jobs site! Credit Card: When we are taking credit cards in the field (there should email a receipt to the customer along with invoice). I do not what to here it is Xcharge issue then Xcharge said it is Wintac issue so at this point I wish someone put their big boy pants on and fix it. I have asked both Wintac and Xcharge and both had point fingers to each other. I know the receipt can be emailed because I have been using this way of processing before Square even came out. The receipt shows on the web porter when we run the credit card in field so it should be able to get emailed along with the invoice. Customer Info Field: *Note Box: It automatically puts in a note every time the pay and billing statement. I don’t want this to happen I want to manually put that in.

WINTAC TRAINING AND EASE OF USE

We se Wintac for our business to do everything from scheduling appointments to receipts and making our WIP's. We do inventory and we can see what our service techs are using off their trucks daily so that we can restock in the mornings

PROS

The software is absolutely user friendly in that even a novice can navigate the software and use the basic functions

CONS

I did not dislike much about the software other than sometimes it has a lag in it

Gary

Construction, 2-10 employees

Wintac Review

We have been with Wintac for many years and it has helped us with Dispatching, customer records, Invoicing, cutting down on paper. I will admit, we do not use Wintac to it's full potential

PROS

Ease of changing settings. Multi user platforms

CONS

The Field Tech Portal is not user friendly and needs work.