• Pros

• "Easy to Use Great Knowledge Base Great Support"

• "I love that I can really customize the look of my form all the way down to the photo at the top. It makes my forms look much more professional"

• "Lots of features; mailable to what you need it; easy for simple tasks and complicated processes; customer support is phenomenal"

• Cons

• "It doesn't look as pretty as the other form builders. It has some features to beautify it, and it's usually enough. They can do better in this area."

• "If I had my way, the time zone translations would be better supported by the calculation engine. But I was able to compensate for that lack - with the able and willing help of the support staff."

• "I really dont have headaches using the service, but there are room for improvements. Cognito should introduce advanced functionalities as seen in other form builders, so as to increase productivity."

Browse Cognito Forms Reviews

Olga from langforum.pro

An effortless, beautiful and effective way to create splendid contact forms

It is just amazing! Stylish, elegant, innovative, useful, user-friendly, secure, adaptive, responsive! Cutting-edge and easily accessible. An effortless and meaningful way to make any landing page better.

Pros

Well, it is just amazing! Innovative. Cutting-edge. Secure. Elegant. I have been looking for a great tool to keep in touch with my customers, and it was not that easy because one of my landing pages was created on pure html (I did not use any CMS), that's why it was quite challenging to find anything suitable. I needed something to insert into my html code in order to have an easy, convenient, comfortable, effortless, efficient and accessible way to communicate with my customers. Firstly I tried to use some survey forms, but they were expensive, and their "thank you" page looked misleading which caused problems, besides survey forms let my customers use them only once. It was absolutely inappropriate and I had to look for a better way for getting feedback and appointments. I am as happy as a lark to have such a great contact form on my landing page. I have uploaded my logo and my background for this form, created a link of the form and added this link to my landing page, by using a nice, neat and beautiful button (created on my own) which, as soon as the customer presses the button redirects them to the contact form. There are some additional ways of integration, but I have not tried all of them yet. Thank you, guys, Cognito Contact Form is the best contact form I have ever tried!

Cons

Well, it would be great if there were some integration functions like "redirecting to Cognito Forms + having your own domain link". You know, sometimes some web-page owners desperately need integration but they don't have enough space on their pages to insert additional scripts or codes over there. Do you have such a function? Maybe I did not search carefully enough?

Reasons for Choosing Cognito Forms

Well, I have not tried out Google Forms, but there was some idea that I could use them for my purposes, but then I understood that Cognito Forms is the best because they provide an elegant, affordable, beautiful and meaningful way for getting my guests' and clients' feedback, ideas, questions, suggestions, offers and appointments.

Reasons for Switching to Cognito Forms

I did not actually need a survey form, I needed a contact form, but survey forms was the first solution I tested. Survey Forms are cool for specific purposes, but are not useful in my case.

mark from Wayfare Accounting

I love it- it's much easier than Jotform

Really great- I switched over from Jotform and it's saved me a lot of time and money. I appreciate how easy it is to use and I haven't run into any bugs so far.

Pros

It's very easy to use and they give a great free trial so that you can test it out before purchasing it. The security was great, the payment processing is easy to set up, and the form building itself is all quite intuitive.

Cons

I'm still exploring the product a bit more, but I think the cost of custom PDF's is quite high, but that's an auxiliary service. I also would like a bit more options/templates for the layout of the forms when it comes to aesthetics.

Pricing, recommendation from colleague

Reasons for Switching to Cognito Forms

There were too many bugs and it just kept having issue after issue.

James from SoCal STEM

Terrible Customer Service.

I would have been better off using Google Forms/Sheets.

Pros

What I will like best is no longer using them and receiving notification emails without the ability to view any forms.

Cons

I figured out the issue with the help of someone who does not work for you. You were sending notifications to an email address which is associated with a different account that does not have access to the forms, so there was nothing for me to see. One would think you might be able to see that on your end. I was, after all, communicating with you from an email address that is not for the account receiving the forms. All you do is keep telling me to turn off notifications on my account, but that would do NOTHING to stop the notifications because they were coming from another account entirely. How is it that nobody looked to see that there are no forms for which I should have been receiving notification? And I'm supposed to trust my client's information and important documents with your company? I can only imagine what the ordeal would be like if there was a problem bigger than receiving ghost notifications. I've been going around in circles with multiple representatives without any real help on an issue that should have been extremely simple had someone taken the time to do anything except type in a canned response without doing even a little research into the problem. I can delete my account and STILL receive these notifications for forms I cannot access from this email address. I'll make a note to follow your customer service procedures and follow-through if I ever want to kill my business. A customer cannot speak to a live person? Honestly? Terrible customer service.

Ian from Cardium Outsourcing Ltd

Industry: Computer Hardware

Using Cognito has transformed our image for very little cost

We need to capture a lot of information from customers to set them up on our platform. We used to use a from signing service, where you overlaid fields on top of a .pdf document which took hours to set up and was a nightmare to change. With Cognito making changes takes seconds or minutes, and you can create variations of forms from previous ones in minutes.

Pros

The form builder is extremely flexible, very intuitive and easy to use inserting it into our website was easy and now improves the impression our customers have

Cons

To be honest I haven't found anything to criticise yet. I had one issue where the end of a long form didn't show on a web page but the support gave me a solution which fixed it perfectly. The only thing it doesn't do is let you combine other documents with form fields. which to be fair isn't what it is designed for, but when we want a customer to sign a quote generated by another system we have to use a different service.

Reasons for Switching to Cognito Forms

CudaSign is designed for signing pre-created documents, and we still use it to sign quotes, but we used to use it for capturing customer details. it worked after a fashion, but was hard work to make changes.

Budi from PT. Berlian Sistem Informasi

Cognito forms is the best forms application

Cognitoforms already fulfilled our requirement to make form input activity more simple with spesific validation related to calculation, advanced formula, date validation, table entry, duplicate entry, custom error message and approval mechanism

Pros

- complete validation before and after input event - form approval possible to be conducted - integration with Ms Flow and Ms Sharepoint enriched its functionality - response output is very complete when we use section and table - with calculation and logic function, brings cognito forms into smart forms. - custom error message - advanced formula editor - custom and complete email notification - easy form submission setting - custom output fields to be displayed

Cons

- webhooks integration is against with our IT security policy and we should find another way to perform integration and we using Ms Flow integration

Reasons for Choosing Cognito Forms

As we compare to all candidates, only cognito forms which met all of our requirement

Reasons for Switching to Cognito Forms

How to find form application which can fulfilled all of our requirement

One of the Best Form Options Out There

Makes work flow super easy! The ability to build forms with customized notifications and then connecting to Zapier has made work flow much better!

Pros

Cognito Forms has so many options and many of them are available on the free tier, making this a great choice for non-profits. We have found that the multiple options for form and form structures are easy to use and make creating forms a breeze. They are highly customizable and can be used for many various purposes.

Cons

Nothing yet. We have been very pleased with it, and customer service has been outstanding when any questions have surfaced.

Reasons for Choosing Cognito Forms

Easier to use and more options for our usage.

Wanted an online solution

Doug from Story Dynamics

Essential features and great support!

See above. I'm a huge fan!

Pros

I need a forms platform that will allow me to do complex calculations based on customer input. For example, I need to survey students from around the world, to know which time slots they are available to attend a course. Based on that survey, I set up three or more "sections" of people who can attend during a given time slot. The problem in this use case is this: I need to know when folks can attend a class in my time zone - but, of course, they need to know the time where they live (not where I live). The ideal solution is to have customers enter their time zone, and then see the times I'm available (which I enter in New York time) converted "magically" into their time. I don't know of another forms service that allows the kind of complex calculations necessary for this around-the-world communication about time. Sure, if you're communicating with professionals who are used to translating from one time zone to another, you can probably ask the professionals to do the translating of time zones. But I'm dealing with low-tech customers. So finding Cognito Forms has made it possible for me to reduce the amount of time I spend translating time zones by a factor of 10! Even the robust capabilities of Cognito Forms wouldn't be enough to make them excellent, though, if it weren't for their stellar tech support. My use case required the tech staff to stretch their skills - which they did generously and effectively. I can't get over how much useful work they did on my behalf!

Reasons for Choosing Cognito Forms

Three reasons: 1) capabilities; 2) affordability; 3) willing and knowledgeable support!

Reasons for Switching to Cognito Forms

This was the first software that allowed me to automate the time zone translations! That has saved me dozens of hours of work for every course I offer!

Amazing form software that does everything you could wish for. Especially the integrations!

Great.

Pros

A customer of mine wants to automate some of his processes using forms that will be sent to his clients. Since we're using ERP software at the core, I was looking for form software that can integrate with ERP. Look no further, Cognito Forms is the only choice that offers the complete package. I think this software is amazing because it's super easy to use, has a fine user interface, lots of features (like pre-filling forms, which was crucial for my use case) and the most important integrates with Power Automate and Zapp. Therefore the possibilities are endless. I used the Power Automate connector and it is decent and very complete. Has the triggers you need and when an event gets triggered, provides you with lots of entry info. Much better than MS Forms or MS Forms Pro, or even SurveyMonkey. Having said that, I really recommend this software. It's the best if you're looking for form software that integrates.

Cons

No cons. This software does what it promises, has good pricing, and offers extensive integration possibilities.

Great for collecting and funneling data

Overall, our marketing team uses Cognito on a daily basis to field requests/updates from other departments. It's easy for everyone to use and can funnel requests to specific people instead of pinging everyone. It integrates with Teams (Office 365), where we can view the requests as they come in and assign them to others, give deadlines, etc. We also use Cognito frequently for our external audiences to create surveys and forms for people to donate or update their info, etc. It's easy to set up a new form, which is great. It however is not easy to gather analytics from the data obtained. so keep that in mind!

Pros

It's easy to implement and can be used for a variety of purposes on an internal team or externally for surveys and the like.

Cons

There's not much in the way of analytics or reporting on the data in the forms. So, if you're looking for graphs or more sophisticated insights, this may not be your best choice.

Vivek from Pointtopoint hospitality

Cognito Forms were the easiest form to recommend if you want to embed a form to your website.

Pros

When you are starting out the major part is your limited budget. Cognito forms has an incredible free tire . It gives you unlimited forms and a generous 500 free monthly entries. If you are generation more than 500 leads you can easily pay them. I loved the easy of use and incredible functionality, If you know what kind of form you want you will most probably be able to make it. I was using the forms for complex calculation it was incredibly easy to implement.

Cons

Although there is not much to dislike but I couldn't get to use their chameleon theme which changes shape and color according to the web page but in my case I could not get it to work.

Glencora from Brookewood School

Cognito Forms is a great, inexpensive data system

I love that Cognito keeps on improving. I hope to see them continue making the user experience better. Thank you!

Pros

I have been using Cognito to collect data from two schools. The system is pretty intuitive, and once you have used it for awhile, a lot of things are clearer. For example, to name the columns or categories for when you are ready to export a file to excel, you can simply customize the field names, which helps a lot. The forms embed nicely on a website. The emails sent to customers is great. I love that I can work with others on these forms; that has been excellent. The Support for Cognito has been excellent; they are swift and comprehensive in their help. The forms really allow for you to do a lot.

Cons

Some of the problems I have run into are the following: --placing an image in the form header has been tricky. I can't easily place it as I'd like. --I initially named the organization something, and I'd like to change it. I can't easily do that now because the form links are according to the original organization name. It certainly is possible, but it will take some time to fix. --Sometimes it's clear that the server is busy, and it does not work well on Safari (nothing really does, though) --I wish there was an easier way to have people make sure they paid for something before they filled out a form (which ultimately requires payment for submission). It's not clear how to do this.

Response from Cognito Apps

Replied October 2018

Thank you so much for the feedback, Glencora! I'm glad to hear that you've been enjoying Cognito Forms. Regarding your question about requiring payment: please submit a support request (https://www.cognitoforms.com/supportrequest/) and our team would be happy to take a look at your form!

Mike from Salem Law LLC

Underlying principles they are following are right on.

I was able to build a form - with no coding knowledge - that I have been dreaming about for years. I am now able to present only the information to my clients that is relevant to them and drastically reduce the amount of time they have to spend reading and filling out the bankruptcy questionnaire. For instance, imagine asking a client "how many vehicles do you have" and then having to do it the old way and tell them to "include and additional sheet for each extra vehicle" Now, with repeating sections, I can ask "Do you have a vehicle"? If they say "yes", a repeating section pops, and they can enter the information for as many vehicles as they want. if they don't have a vehicle they won't have to read another word about vehicles. The more variable the potential information is, the more mileage you get out of conditional logic and repeating sections. I don't want any other bankruptcy attorneys to find out about Cognito forms. I want to maintain my edge! Using the palm pilot, iphone, analogy. Everybody knew for a long time what they wanted a hand held device to do and they got all excited about the palm pilot more for its promise than its reality. You had to have the little stylus, use the new little language, etc. It just wasn't actually useful yet. I feel that way about most form builders compared to Cognito. They have had a lot of promise but not a lot of delivery. Cognito delivers something that is usable without having to twist and turn and try to imagine it doing what you would really like it to do. Anybody (who couldn't do the rubix cube) that ever wished that when the client answers "yes" to this question that this other question will pop up, is finally going to get their wish when they sign up with Cognito. You may have noticed tons of businesses still use paper forms. For client oriented businesses, Doctors, CPA's, Attorneys, etc. the form and the ability to make it easy to fill and dynamic, and the ability to actually use the captured data without reentering stuff from printed forms is a fundamental long standing issue and opportunity that until now only had a palm pilot solutions. The solution to the form problem can enhance everything the business is doing. The ability to include links to help text, payment options, conditional logic, repeating sections, etc. could finally move people to actually get the value from form builders that we have all been dreaming about for years.

Pros

Many form builders make it difficult to pack a lot of information in the smallest space possible. They get all big and fluffy. Filling out the completed form feels either like a full blown software experience like using Turbotax or like trying to tack balloons to a board in a light breeze. Cognito forms feel tight, light,compact, intuitive and the perfect extension of the paper form you are trying to replace and make dynamic. The forms look like a nice clean paper or fillable pdf, only online. Others also make conditional logic feel like programming. This is the genius of Cognito forms from my perspective. They are in a class with "Butler for Trello" in terms of conditional logic. I have been dreaming of such a form builder to make my "ultimate, online bankruptcy intake form" for years now. It just didn't exist. Now it does. And it appears it will be getting better and better. I could have nightmares about them potentially going out of business or going a different direction with the product. It's that good and that unique, and that on target. Choosing to make the builder and forms sleek, compact and pdf-like, and solving the conditional logic gap makes other form builders feel like using a pal-pilot while Cognito is an iphone. I look forward to exploring what I can do with the back end and integrations with Zapier and my other programs, but I am quite certain I have found the form builder that is the "Trello" of the form building world.

Cons

The builder has a "preview" function, which is great, but I love, love, love, how I can send the actual form link to myself and open the form on one monitor and the builder on the other and see exactly what the bankruptcy client will be seeing and just refresh to see my changes. I admit. I just like looking at it. It looks so good compared to the competition. I like looking at that crisp compact form on my screen. Its like driving a honda or toyota compared to an old 1970's buick. The builder itself is so intuitive and comfortable to work with. It doesn't fight with you or leave you wondering what to do next. But... I am supposed to mention an issue or "con". I love how I can refresh, but it may be that my form is getting pretty large and has tons of conditional logic going on, but a couple of times when I have attempted to save it sits and spins and especially when I have attempted to apply conditional logic to a question stating "when question A is "Yes" Show questions B,C, and D, for instance. it takes quite a while to pull up the interface. If the servers are overwhelmed, then by all means, investors, get them some money. We need more servers!! Also, it would be nice when dragging and dropping fields if there was an undo button. When you accidentally drop a field inaccurately it can be hard to move everything back into place. I have learned to cut and paste instead of drag and drop. Cognito. I Love you. You make my life complete!

Response from Cognito Apps

Replied May 2018

Wow! Thank you so much for your review, Mike. We appreciate that you took the time to leave such thoughtful and thorough feedback, and we're glad to hear that you're enjoying Cognito Forms. :) Regarding your save issue: if you continue to notice problems with your form saving or loading in the builder, please don't hesitate to contact our support team: https://www.cognitoforms.com/supportrequest/

Tracey from Gatlin's

Flexible to any situation!

Ease, Peace of Mind, and complete organization of our online ordering system! Thanks!

Pros

I love that I am able to use CognitoForms on my website to help customers arrange orders. The calculation function allows me to block dates that we are not open or booked which is above and beyond what I was expecting it to be. Never have I ever had any glitches or orders missed because of not getting orders notifications.I started with CognitoForms afters my website thru VistaPrint would not send any forms that customers submitted to me, but would notify the customers it was successfully submitted (bull hockey). I would get a call from a customer that submitted a form 2 days prior and I had no notice about it coming in. FRUSTRATING! And the automated email to the customers "from our business" makes us look super sharp and efficient in addition to letting them know the details they requested and that they're order was successful! I love love love these guys and couldn't find anything at all to complain about! Support is top notch too! You really are the best hands down!

Cons

Not a THING!! If I could recommend anything to help make this already phenomenal program better is maybe a "Reservation Calendar" view, where it allows customers to see a full calendar versus a Date Selection box, and maybe add a calculation for "Next Available Date" when used with limited quanity for the Date field. But that's hardly a con, just a suggestion! :o}

Response from Cognito Apps

Replied May 2018

Thank you for your review, Tracey! It's awesome how you've been able to utilize Cognito Forms for your ordering system. :)

Well established online form builder with killer feature set

I have used Cognito for 4-years on a number of simple websites for contact forms right through to complex medical referral systems generating custom PDF output and mapping data to several outputs.

Pros

Cognito is now a well established SaaS product, which is really important because in the world of forms they come and go pretty fast. The feature set is excellent and continues to steadily (not rapidly) evolve. Integration with outside apps is served very well either through Zapier, Integromat or direct webhooks to your own apps. The payment features are well considered and offer calculated amounts and lots of good conditional logic often required in a payment pipeline. The ability to embed forms anywhere with or without Cognito CSS is great too, I usually use the oddly named "Chameleon theme" to easily blend in with my own website CSS PDF generation is brilliant too, especially the ability to edit your own templates

Cons

The design and branding of their own website is pretty retro and off putting for what is actually a state of the art SaaS form and data handling app. The form fields are improving but have sometimes lagged behind in using modern controls such as good date pickers. Form validation is a bit lacklustre in terms of behaviour and styling options We're all waiting for subscription management with Stripe!!

Kimberly from Hansen Law Office, PLLC

Thoughts on Cognito Forms

Cognito Forms was a life saver for my firm. Previously I was handing out a HUGE pdf or printed intake form that gathered all kinds of information required to build a comprehensive estate plan. Some folks like Adobe and knew how to complete it with that, but most didn't. I would get hand-written packets back which created issues. I could tell when they were tired of writing because I couldn't read it any longer. Enter Cognito Forms. It took some time to build, but it was completely worth the time. I now just send a link to my clients and they enter in all the information. The feedback has been wonderfully positive. It's easy to navigate, they like stopping and resuming (that was a deal-breaker for me and Cognito Forms was one of the few that have this option), and being able to type in the information easily was great. I asked some long-time clients if they would be willing to test it out and give a comparison and they all agreed the online form was excellent and much better than the old one. Thank you Cognito for making my life (and my clients' lives) better!

Pros

Very easy to use Appealing to the eye Ability to preview the form while building Notifications with submissions Reporting Ability for users to stop and resume

Cons

Tables* *Initially, I wrote down the ability to have a repeating table; however, it was just user error. I watched one of the training videos and voila, there it was.

Response from Cognito Apps

Replied October 2018

Thank you so much for the positive feedback, Kimberly! We're glad that you've found our video tutorials helpful, and it's so awesome that you've been able to simplify your intake form for your clients.

Michael from Baugher Law Firm PLLC

Great Form Software

This is one of the best form generator software products out there for the money. They do need some additional features to make it the complete package but they are well on there way and are consistently looking and apply feedback from its customers. Highly recommend this product.

Pros

Easy to Use Great Knowledge Base Great Support

Cons

Needs additional features (like client portal) to make it the complete package

Response from Cognito Apps

Replied January 2017

Thank you so much for the thoughtful feedback, Michael! Rest assured that we are hard at work implementing some key enhancements to help set the stage for the customer portal.

Jeff from Bicoastal Media

Industry: Broadcast Media

I wish I had known about Cognito Forms sooner

Cognito Forms has helped me reduce the ever-present element of "human error" within complex processes. It has also helped increase relevant communication (important in the communications business) and has helped decrease irrelevant communication (also important in the communications business). Cognito Forms keeps everyone and everything on the same page, and helps everyone be accountable.

Pros

Firstly, Cognito Forms it elegantly clear in it's concept and approach. Jump right in and get started and you'll see how amazing this product is. It requires a bit of thinking to create whatever form your process or workflow needs, but the end result is amazing and well worth the time! A "one size fits all" paper process can become elegantly simple and efficient with little process redundancy and/or dependency usually found in "one size fits all" forms. The right questions are asked at the right time, with liberty for exceptions and free-style custom scenarios. From multiple options with text, choices, look-ups, drop-downs, calendars, and currency options and calculators, to data validation, file uploads, electronic signatures, hyperlinks, document merging, imports, table fields, HIPAA compliant forms, styling, confirmation emails, and so much more, Cognito Forms is a must-have! Their customer support is nicely responsive, and the price options (free and above) are absolutely amazing!

Cons

There really is nothing about Cognito Forms that I am disappointed in, with the exception that I have not found an end-user forum where people can share unique tips and tricks, or make improvement suggestions.

Reasons for Choosing Cognito Forms

Our previous in-house paper form worked, but it consumed a lot of time. Recreating our in-house form with Cognito Forms was a huge improvement to the paper form, giving it flexibility and clarity.

Richard from WealthCounsel, LLC

Cognito Forms

I have created a intake form for new clients. This will be used to generate an automatic reply document for client approval and electronic signature approval. This can be done using Cognito’s internal merge process or taking the input and doing a mail merge using word. Clients are able to modify forms as needed. My first thought on a form program was what use is this for a complex problem. Cognito has provided a strong set of tools, that once used, will allow for solving very complex application needs.

Pros

Cognito Forms has a very large number of options that allow for very sophisticated applications that far exceed creating basic forms. Their pricing is very reasonable if you want some of the more advanced functions, however, even the free version is very powerful.

Cons

When you open help you get a new browsers tab with each question. This may just be a function I haven’t figured out how to turn off. There are couple of very advanced options missing but unless you have a prior programming background I don’t think you would miss them.

Response from Cognito Apps

Replied September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, Richard! We're glad to hear that you're enjoying Cognito Forms and that you've been able to take advantage of some advanced features in your client intake form!

Incredibly easy-to-use form making software

How quickly I was able to test it, create surveys and forms, and have it come out beautifully. I've even shown the software to other clients/partners, who quickly adopted it for their own business. I was even able to rebuild complicated forms from other platforms quickly.

Pros

Cognito forms is the easiest form software I had ever use. I've used Google Forms, Survey Monkey, Sparkcharts, and a dozen other form software for everything from customer support to having my clients/customers submit multi-page homework.

Cons

It doesn't have all the features that other form software have. But the more features, the more boggled down they feel. If you want something fast and easy to use with a decent level of functions, Cognito forms is it. If you want something with hundreds of features - go with something else.

Response from Cognito Apps

Replied December 2017

Thank you so much for your feedback! We're glad to hear that you're enjoying Cognito Forms. If there any specific features that you'd like to see, please feel free to submit your ideas and suggestions here: https://www.cognitoforms.com/supportrequest/

August 2016

Laura from Grand Rapids First

August 2016

Super happy customer!

Since starting with Cognito forms almost a year ago, they've come out with many new features and are great at communicating what they're working on to come next with their Trello idea board. Communication is something that they definitely do well, whether its with a technical support question or an I-can't-figure-this-out kind of question, they're quick to respond. The application itself is super easy to use and master. Adding payment methods is quick and easy along with the management of those payment submissions. The options are really endless when creating a form. Almost everything has the ability to be customized to what you need, and even those few things that i'd like to be able to change, I can vote for them on their idea board on Trello.

Pros

Easy to use, create and manage. Good communication and support. It's secure to use, and they have the option to be HIPAA compliant. They're great on coming out with new features, they communicate what they're working on through their Trello idea board. Their documentation is great also, i've relied on their help documentations many times to answer my questions. There is a blog too that is a great resource for learning new things you can do with your forms.

Jim from Solar Smart Living

Love Cognito Forms!

We use Cognito for onboarding new people into our organization. I ask them to submit their legal name, preferred name, phone, email, etc., and to submit a head shot photograph for our internal company directory. Makes it really easy on me to have everything coming in through one common portal.

Pros

So simple to set up, test, and tweak a form to be filled out. 1 - Create form. 2 - Pretend to be a user and fill out the form. 3 - Check the incoming results and make adjustments as and if needed.

Cons

No search feature for submitted results. Let's say I wanted to find if someone named Thomas had submitted their form. It would be great to do it in the admin dashboard, but the workaround is to export as a cvs file and use Excel's search function.

Thea from ICEJ

I use the Cognito Forms for free and I love it!

Pros

I love that it has free options! And if you do not expect a huge wave of data coming into your forms through Cognito, this is already enough for you. There are many things I like about it (1) it has all the features that you need to make forms (2) it will allow you to send autoemail when there are new entries (3) it can link to Sharepoint using Flow, which is just awesome! (4) you don't need to be an expert to understand how it works. It's as easy as 1-2-3! (5) you can embed the forms in your website

Cons

Response from Cognito Apps

Replied July 2018

Thank you so much for leaving us a review, Thea! We're glad to hear that you're enjoying Cognito Forms :)

Faelan from Phorest

Flexible, Reliable, Easy to Implement and Very Cost Effective

Pros

Has a wide range of field types and features (saving progress, customizable tables, signatures, calculations, pre-fills) that other form builders don't have. If your form has any sort of complexity this is the best out there and the pricing is excellent value for money.

Cons

It's pretty much the complete package. On occasion, saving changes in the form builder can act up and if you could move from one response to the next by hitting return that would be nice from a user perspective. But I'm nitpicking here, it's the best form builder I've come across and at the best price.

Response from Cognito Apps

Replied September 2017

Thank you so much for the feedback, Faelan!

Dave from PixelProjects

Trusted product for complex forms

Cognito forms helps us get web-hosted forms up and running quickly without much fuss. If you don't want to do complex conditional logic or branching this is a top contender at a good price point.

Pros

It's fairly easy to get up and running with Cognito Forms. They have a free version that caters for most non-commercial uses. Basic functionality is good and drag and drop form building is easy.

Cons

The UX output is lacking a bit. For example there are no slider field types for values and some of the field type UX are a bit clunky. Latest UX elements and more styling options will make this product fantastic. Conditional logic and calculations could be more intuitive to use.

Reasons for Choosing Cognito Forms

We chose Cognito forms because it offered all the basic features we needed on the free version. When we needed more we could simply upgrade to unlock more features.

Jenn from Velociter Wireless, Inc.

Great forms generater!

I was very excited to come across this site. It allows us to customize our online employment application. I have also used it for employee's feedback. I love the customization and ease of use.

Pros

For a non technical person such as myself I enjoyed using this site to create our online applications and online forms. I can customize them with our logo and appropriate backgrounds. I decide how many questions, what type of answers ie pull down options, radio buttons etc. I have used it for online applications and for employee surveys.

Cons

I have not come across anything that I did not like so far.

Rhys from Duliban Insurance Brokers

What Can’t It Do?

Pros

Cons

So many features it is overwhelming at first; understanding logistics of some features is a learning curve

More options

Caleb from ThriveWell NG

Cognito Forms Review

Exporting contents to spreadsheet packages has never been much easier, Cognito forms simply does it for me!

Pros

The builder is very intuitive and comes with a user-friendly interface, I cherish the possibility of embedding forms neatly on my website. It presents great flexibilty and you can customize your forms like a pro without hasles

Smart Forms for this Form Challenged Individual

We can now create forms which are not difficult to maintain. The forms can be created and even updated easily.

Pros

Forms are so easy to make. Drag and drop interface with many options - no coding understanding, reading, or editing necessary, thanks for that Cognito!

Cons

Literally nothing. One thing to note is that for form data to be encrypted and the form to be password protected requires a paid account. Not a show-stopper for some, but if those are important to you, it's good to know.

Response from Cognito Apps

Replied April 2018

Thank you for leaving us a review! We're glad to hear that you're enjoying Cognito Forms! :)

The absolute BEST form creator

Pros

Cons

No cons really. I've been using this builder for about 5 years consistently. They're always bringing in great new updates. I've tried other forms, but I haven't found any that are as customizable and as slick looking as this one

Response from Cognito Apps

Replied September 2018

Hi there! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review - we're happy to hear that you've been enjoying Cognito Forms! :)

René from Falstaff Verlags GesmbH

The best service available for collecting and processing web form data

We extensively tested a lot of best of breed services like JotForm, Typeform and Formstack for collecting, embedding and processing data from online forms for internal use and external touchpoints. Cognitoforms is our final choice and we are happy.

Pros

Great flexibility, perfect code embed, event triggered e-mail notification, wonderful document layout editor. We did not find one single bug after extensively using cognito forms. Fair and flexible pricing.

Cons

Actually there are no given cons using Cognito Forms. Compared with other similar services like Typeform and Jotform, we are only missing "picture choice" options. Integration of own e-mail domain is planned, but not in beta until now.

Response from Cognito Apps

Replied December 2017

Thank you so much for your kind words and thoughtful feedback, René! We're glad to hear that your organization is enjoying Cognito Forms.

Brett from RSI

Great solution but lacks some functionality

We are getting overall more access to information we were not able to get otherwise. We're happy with the solution but biggest beef is not being able to export photos.

Pros

The interface is super easy to understand and use. We have trades that are not technically sound but are able to figure out the cognito forms without much issue.

Cons

I can not export my entries with the photos that are taken.... what!? Cognito has been a good solution for some of our survey and purchase form needs. But we require photos to be taken and i can't export and save the results because photos will now export. I can save everything in cognito but i would pay a fortune for all the storage so I have to delete entries as we go.

Clare from RAW Human Resources

It's the most intuitive online form tool I've tried out of a few. Excellent value for money.

Low cost, feature-packed, easy to use I know there's more I could do with it if I could commit the time to learning it! It's hard to find many faults.

Pros

Very intuitive, simple layout, range of options available. Free version has lots of features, low cost version adds even more.

Response from Cognito Apps

Replied November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, Clare! We very much appreciate your kind words.

Justin from Sportdecals

Industry: Textiles

Need a form quick? This is the place to stop.

Pros

Ease of use - just drag and drop Rapid form development - start a basic form and keep tweaking until satisfied Complexity - forms can be as simple or complex as you want Features - new features are being rolled out constantly Interoperability - these forms can accept data from many other sources (and in cases return it!)

Cons

Just would like a little more flexibility in the builder - sometimes columns just don't stay put.

Response from Cognito Apps

Replied December 2018

Thanks for leaving us a review, Justin! We appreciate your feedback. :-)

Ray from RLJack LLC

Best Free Forms

works great and fast, simple enough to set up, though may not be the easiest for a non-technical person.

Pros

I use the free level because I only need to use it about 3 times per year, and each time lasts 2 or 3 weeks, so the paid option would cost too much for my use case. So my mission was to find the best, most manipulable, free forms. Cognito won. Conditional entries, validation, custom formulas, etc.

Cons

Nothing really. There are a few small things that I wish I could do, but I then find out it indeed is included in one of the paid packages. So I can't be mad at that. They need to make money just like I.

Emmanuel from ATEXO

Great forms software, making it able to create complex forms easily

Pros

I was able using Cognito Forms to create complex forms with conditionnal display. It includes useful features like checkout, and thus was the best I found among similar software.

Cons

I did not found many downsides to Cognito Forms, however I think it lacks design features and I found some bugs while using it embedded (but not only). The customer support is however pretty effective.

Response from Cognito Apps

Replied July 2018

Thank you so much for leaving us a review, Emmanuel! We're glad to hear that you've been able to easily build complex forms. In terms of design features and/or bugs, don't hesitate to reach out to us with your suggestions! https://www.cognitoforms.com/supportrequest/

Phillip from Source2

Great Way to Organize Your Phone Screen

Pros

I really like how user-friendly and customizable it is. We created a phone screen this year for our client and it was so easy to roll out to the team. We are constantly evaluating the question on the phone screen and making edits to make it better. Cognito forms easily lets us do this and has made the whole process really smooth.

Cons

It would be nice to allow the forms to sync right into our ATS system without us having to save and attach it. I have also noticed that it can lag at times when we are trying to load up the forms. Overall, it works great and gets the job done.

Sam from VC

Exactly what I was looking for

Time savings, happy clients

Pros

Impressive amount of features, easily customizable, contemporary form design, User-friendly backend, seamless integration in websites, can handle easy to very complex forms with conditional logic very reasonable pricing

Cons

internationalization (translations) could be better from time to time, saving data to resume later could be better elaborated

Response from Cognito Apps

Replied September 2017

Thank you so much for the thoughtful review, Sam! If you ever have any suggestions for improvements to our translations, be sure to send us a support ticket: https://www.cognitoforms.com/supportrequest/

Terrible Terrible Terrible

None.

Pros

I liked the fact that the forms were clean looking and you could customize the forms to your liking.

Cons

They shut your form down instantly if it is reported without even investigating thus putting the burden on the customer. I mean as soon as you hit submit on the abuse report I received an automated email stating my form was shut down due to a violation. I know because I tested it out. What about some child playing around on your site or a competitor even. They also won't let you collect credit card info unless you are using their payment processors. Talk about monopoly. I will be using their competitor from now on.

Cognito Forms - great software to capture information online via web forms

Pros

We love the simplicity of the software and ease of capturing information online via web forms.

Cons

Great product, no cons we experienced so far.

Colin from Qualer

Wow.

Saved my team hundreds of hours in custom coding.

Pros

I usually don't go out of my way to review software, but Cognito forms provided exactly the level of functionality my project team required to build out a sophisticated data capture interface. We had been working for weeks on custom design requirements, but I was able to build out a solution using nested repeatable groups in under an hour.

Cons

Small item, I would love more features and options in the style section. Variable width forms would be great!

Cognito makes it easy for me to manage fundraising and event planning

Cognito forms make it easy for me to manage sponsors and events, with simple form creation and use. Duplication and modification of previous forms helps save time when creating new forms. Overall, it's been very helpful.

Pros

Forms are easily duplicated and modified, meaning I can use previous forms as the foundation for new ones. Forms can also be modified once in use, making it easy for me to keep sponsors and participants updated as our needs change.

Response from Cognito Apps

Replied March 2018

We're so glad to hear that you've been enjoying Cognito Forms! Thank you for your feedback.

Anthony from Acuity HR

Cognito Forms review

Cognito Forms has been a great platform for tracking applications. It's also been a good tool to conduct performance reviews.

Pros

Cognito Forms is easy to use, provides a variety of great features, and allows us to be paper free when it comes to applications and performance reviews.

Cons

The software can be a little bit cumbersome to use when creating complex forms, but the results are always great.

Response from Cognito Apps

Replied November 2018

Thank you for your feedback, Anthony! We're glad you've been enjoying Cognito Forms! :)

June 2015

John from Florida Highway Patrol Auxiliary (FHPA)

June 2015

The experience has been OUTSTANDING. But....

The form is mostly easy to develop but I wish the 'help' files would direct you back to the form where your having a problem. Also, parts of my form call for calculations. i.e. Total Time =Endtiem - Starttime. I always get a decimal. 16.00 Hours. Or I have some one put in a 4 digital number in a number field. Say, 8011 The form shows this as 8,011. I wish there was a way to control the look of the output. Now, that said, I came to cognito forms from 123Forms because I had some problems getting what I wanted. Here, I get very much of what I want. The customer help is no more than the next day. I highly recommend this software. Ans as they work out some of the 'bugs' It will be even better. Thanks guys, I've only been using your forms for less than a week and you have won me over!!!! John

Zillah from IGSL

Just a question

I haven't used Cognito forms. I just saw a friend using it for our upcoming conference. Can Cognito forms (upgraded version) be used for university online application that can later be incorporated to a school management system? How do you manage your data base? As you know, a university application involves a huge volume of information from each applicant. What if you don't finish filling out a form, can you go back to it another time (I'm talking about a regular online university application form. Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks.

Pros

Nice design

Cons

Have not explored it extensively yet.

Response from Cognito Apps

Replied April 2018

Zillah, Yes, you can integrate directly with your school management system database if you use our Webhook/Post to JSON feature. It will require a developer on your end, but this is how you can send the data over to your database when a user submits your form. Check out this help article for more info: https://www.cognitoforms.com/support/66/data-integration/webhooks We have a Save & Resume feature that allows your end users to save their progress and come back to their form later to complete it. Here is some info on how that feature works: https://www.cognitoforms.com/features/save-resume If you have any other questions, please feel free to submit a support request and we'll definitely help you out: https://www.cognitoforms.com/supportrequest/ Thanks, Jennifer Cognito Forms

Nuha from Ascend Physical Therapy

This program is so easy to use, so simple, and offers you so MUCH for FREE!

Pros

Ease of use, the fact that you can customize your forms anyway you want, it's very easy to set up the forms in your website, and the proactive nature of the customer services reps in the company.

Cons

I have not had any issues with cons with Cognito Forms and I have been more than satisfied with their service so far!

Response from Cognito Apps

Replied September 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We're glad to hear that you're enjoying Cognito Forms. :)

Jennifer from PF

Very easy to set up

We use a lot of these forms for customer onboarding and they have been very beneficial, especially since we can embed them in our site.

Pros

That the forms were extremely easy to set up, the application is very intuitive. The forms also have a sophisticated look.

Cons

It would have been helpful to have the "save and come back" option available during the trial period.

Response from Cognito Apps

Replied May 2019

Thank you so much for your feedback!

Fantastic

Pros

We use this software to collect all the information we need at our firm to prepare a tax return for our clients, and it is extremely help and versatile for collecting information.

Cons

It is pricier than Google forms, but the functionality of the software is worth it.

Useful and amazing

I use this to keep records for my clients on their intake information.

Pros

I like how it makes getting intake information simple. And I like that I can take a payment on it to hold the intake slot.

Cons

It is a bit clunky to set up, not awful or anything but it does take some work.

Response from Cognito Apps

Replied March 2019

Thank you so much for your feedback!

January 2015

Michael from Little Lois Cafe

January 2015

Form Builder and Customer Service

Over the past 6 + months of using Cognito Forms we've successfully used their form builder to run our online ordering. During this period of time they have released numerous new features and their support has been extremely responsive and helpful as they helped us troubleshoot problems as we developed our order forms. After looking at the other form builders available on the market I couldn't be happier with Cognito Forms and would recommend them to anyone.

Response from Cognito Apps

Replied January 2015

Thanks so much Michael! We have really enjoyed watching the evolution of your forms and working together to provide the functionality you need. We can't wait to keep watching your business grow!

used many forms, this is the best

Pros

super easy interface and wordpress implementation. i can even use it on an AMP page. lots of flexibility in style make it fit in nicely to wordpress

Cons

not sure, maybe make encryption a no cost feature? overall i think the pricing is fair though. maybe make a couple things user friendly like editing existing forms

Response from Cognito Apps

Replied June 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We're glad to hear that you're enjoying Cognito Forms, and it's awesome that you've been able to utilize the AMP embed code!