All Cognito Forms Reviews

Reviewed January 2023

Love this software

Mike

Reviewed May 2018

Underlying principles they are following are right on.

I was able to build a form - with no coding knowledge - that I have been dreaming about for years. I am now able to present only the information to my clients that is relevant to them and drastically reduce the amount of time they have to spend reading and filling out the bankruptcy questionnaire. For instance, imagine asking a client "how many vehicles do you have" and then having to do it the old way and tell them to "include and additional sheet for each extra vehicle" Now, with repeating sections, I can ask "Do you have a vehicle"? If they say "yes", a repeating section pops, and they can enter the information for as many vehicles as they want. if they don't have a vehicle they won't have to read another word about vehicles. The more variable the potential information is, the more mileage you get out of conditional logic and repeating sections. I don't want any other bankruptcy attorneys to find out about Cognito forms. I want to maintain my edge! Using the palm pilot, iphone, analogy. Everybody knew for a long time what they wanted a hand held device to do and they got all excited about the palm pilot more for its promise than its reality. You had to have the little stylus, use the new little language, etc. It just wasn't actually useful yet. I feel that way about most form builders compared to Cognito. They have had a lot of promise but not a lot of delivery. Cognito delivers something that is usable without having to twist and turn and try to imagine it doing what you would really like it to do. Anybody (who couldn't do the rubix cube) that ever wished that when the client answers "yes" to this question that this other question will pop up, is finally going to get their wish when they sign up with Cognito. You may have noticed tons of businesses still use paper forms. For client oriented businesses, Doctors, CPA's, Attorneys, etc. the form and the ability to make it easy to fill and dynamic, and the ability to actually use the captured data without reentering stuff from printed forms is a fundamental long standing issue and opportunity that until now only had a palm pilot solutions. The solution to the form problem can enhance everything the business is doing. The ability to include links to help text, payment options, conditional logic, repeating sections, etc. could finally move people to actually get the value from form builders that we have all been dreaming about for years.

PROS

Many form builders make it difficult to pack a lot of information in the smallest space possible. They get all big and fluffy. Filling out the completed form feels either like a full blown software experience like using Turbotax or like trying to tack balloons to a board in a light breeze. Cognito forms feel tight, light,compact, intuitive and the perfect extension of the paper form you are trying to replace and make dynamic. The forms look like a nice clean paper or fillable pdf, only online. Others also make conditional logic feel like programming. This is the genius of Cognito forms from my perspective. They are in a class with "Butler for Trello" in terms of conditional logic. I have been dreaming of such a form builder to make my "ultimate, online bankruptcy intake form" for years now. It just didn't exist. Now it does. And it appears it will be getting better and better. I could have nightmares about them potentially going out of business or going a different direction with the product. It's that good and that unique, and that on target. Choosing to make the builder and forms sleek, compact and pdf-like, and solving the conditional logic gap makes other form builders feel like using a pal-pilot while Cognito is an iphone. I look forward to exploring what I can do with the back end and integrations with Zapier and my other programs, but I am quite certain I have found the form builder that is the "Trello" of the form building world.

CONS

The builder has a "preview" function, which is great, but I love, love, love, how I can send the actual form link to myself and open the form on one monitor and the builder on the other and see exactly what the bankruptcy client will be seeing and just refresh to see my changes. I admit. I just like looking at it. It looks so good compared to the competition. I like looking at that crisp compact form on my screen. Its like driving a honda or toyota compared to an old 1970's buick. The builder itself is so intuitive and comfortable to work with. It doesn't fight with you or leave you wondering what to do next. But... I am supposed to mention an issue or "con". I love how I can refresh, but it may be that my form is getting pretty large and has tons of conditional logic going on, but a couple of times when I have attempted to save it sits and spins and especially when I have attempted to apply conditional logic to a question stating "when question A is "Yes" Show questions B,C, and D, for instance. it takes quite a while to pull up the interface. If the servers are overwhelmed, then by all means, investors, get them some money. We need more servers!! Also, it would be nice when dragging and dropping fields if there was an undo button. When you accidentally drop a field inaccurately it can be hard to move everything back into place. I have learned to cut and paste instead of drag and drop. Cognito. I Love you. You make my life complete!

Wow! Thank you so much for your review, Mike. We appreciate that you took the time to leave such thoughtful and thorough feedback, and we're glad to hear that you're enjoying Cognito Forms. :) Regarding your save issue: if you continue to notice problems with your form saving or loading in the builder, please don't hesitate to contact our support team: https://www.cognitoforms.com/supportrequest/

Replied May 2018

Peter

Legal Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2021

The Best software for the price

Overall, from several other competitors they had the best functionality and reliability .

PROS

The software is definitely the best for the price and very easy to use. Overall, the functionality is great

CONS

There are a few minor bugs that i run into from time to time, but customer service has been great in addressing these issues and letting me know what to do so i dont run into the same issue again.

Reason for choosing Cognito Forms

Price, reliability and functionality. We liked Formstack but it was really expensive for essentially the same functionality We also liked Jotforms design and functionality but based on the reviews it was not very reliable.

Reasons for switching to Cognito Forms

We began using PandaDoc for our Questionnaires and Agreement forms. It's great for the agreement forms but terrible for long questionnaires. We were getting a lot of complaints on the questionnaires when we used PandaDoc.

Reviewed May 2018

Terrible Terrible Terrible

None.

PROS

I liked the fact that the forms were clean looking and you could customize the forms to your liking.

CONS

They shut your form down instantly if it is reported without even investigating thus putting the burden on the customer. I mean as soon as you hit submit on the abuse report I received an automated email stating my form was shut down due to a violation. I know because I tested it out. What about some child playing around on your site or a competitor even. They also won't let you collect credit card info unless you are using their payment processors. Talk about monopoly. I will be using their competitor from now on.

Ali

Facilities Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Cognito forms

Experience has been great and we will be recommending this to our network of clients.

PROS

The ability to create new forms and to have these forms separated and the ability to receive feedback from our contractors or in an emergency send the link and receive feedback from a tenant dealing with an urgent issue in the property and the video call tool we use does not work and we are able to see images and videos to be able to assist with the images and videos we have sent. Also the emails received via our email to remind us as dealing with many other issues can be hard to keep up but cognito forms is great overall and we could not do without it.

CONS

There is not a single thing we have come across that we do not like and this is a crucial tool for our business.

Reason for choosing Cognito Forms

Cognito was our first choice and we did not look at other alternatives but have since looked at others and Cognito forms would be our choice due to the ease of use.

Monika

Cosmetics, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2023

Very customizable, modern and extraordinary forms

PROS

There is so much to set up! I use this to collect feedback on my cosmetic products - customers first choose the products they tried and accordingly the forms to the single products roll. This way I create all the questions and customers do not get overwhelmed by the huge amount of possibilities and I get a high rate of responses. Every field is programmable here. In my beginnings of setting up an e-shop - my first customers even placed an order through one such form - however, I did not use the option to pay with a card, but it is great they allow it.

CONS

When I tried to embed the form on my e-shop and chose to use the formatting styles of the website, it did not look right and I had to use the font I set in the Cognitoforms. Also, it takes some time for one to learn how to use the software.

Richard

Law Practice, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2018

Cognito Forms

I have created a intake form for new clients. This will be used to generate an automatic reply document for client approval and electronic signature approval. This can be done using Cognito’s internal merge process or taking the input and doing a mail merge using word. Clients are able to modify forms as needed. My first thought on a form program was what use is this for a complex problem. Cognito has provided a strong set of tools, that once used, will allow for solving very complex application needs.

PROS

Cognito Forms has a very large number of options that allow for very sophisticated applications that far exceed creating basic forms. Their pricing is very reasonable if you want some of the more advanced functions, however, even the free version is very powerful.

CONS

When you open help you get a new browsers tab with each question. This may just be a function I haven’t figured out how to turn off. There are couple of very advanced options missing but unless you have a prior programming background I don’t think you would miss them.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, Richard! We're glad to hear that you're enjoying Cognito Forms and that you've been able to take advantage of some advanced features in your client intake form!

Replied September 2018

1,001-5,000 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed December 2020

Great for collecting and funneling data

Overall, our marketing team uses Cognito on a daily basis to field requests/updates from other departments. It's easy for everyone to use and can funnel requests to specific people instead of pinging everyone. It integrates with Teams (Office 365), where we can view the requests as they come in and assign them to others, give deadlines, etc. We also use Cognito frequently for our external audiences to create surveys and forms for people to donate or update their info, etc. It's easy to set up a new form, which is great. It however is not easy to gather analytics from the data obtained. so keep that in mind!

PROS

It's easy to implement and can be used for a variety of purposes on an internal team or externally for surveys and the like.

CONS

There's not much in the way of analytics or reporting on the data in the forms. So, if you're looking for graphs or more sophisticated insights, this may not be your best choice.

Reviewed December 2017

Incredibly easy-to-use form making software

How quickly I was able to test it, create surveys and forms, and have it come out beautifully. I've even shown the software to other clients/partners, who quickly adopted it for their own business. I was even able to rebuild complicated forms from other platforms quickly.

PROS

Cognito forms is the easiest form software I had ever use. I've used Google Forms, Survey Monkey, Sparkcharts, and a dozen other form software for everything from customer support to having my clients/customers submit multi-page homework.

CONS

It doesn't have all the features that other form software have. But the more features, the more boggled down they feel. If you want something fast and easy to use with a decent level of functions, Cognito forms is it. If you want something with hundreds of features - go with something else.

Thank you so much for your feedback! We're glad to hear that you're enjoying Cognito Forms. If there any specific features that you'd like to see, please feel free to submit your ideas and suggestions here: https://www.cognitoforms.com/supportrequest/

Replied December 2017

Tyler

Religious Institutions, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed November 2023

A simple and efficient tool to collect information from your audience!

Overall, I would highly recommend Cognito Forms to any individuals who are seeking a simple and efficient means of collecting data from their audience. I am on a very small staff, and this tool accelerates my ability to connect with our audience in a meaningful way!

PROS

Cognito Forms is simple (even if you are not tech-savvy) and efficient when it comes to collecting information from your audience. Personally, I have used Cognito Forms both to collect surveys and signups from our congregation. Not only has creating the forms been easy (on my end), but just as important, completing the forms (on the receiving end) has also been very easy. And once the form is completed, Cognito Forms make it very easy to export the data into a usable spreadsheet.

CONS

Cognito Forms has been very useful in our purposes of data collection. I have no particular criticisms.

Jenn

Internet, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2018

Great forms generater!

I was very excited to come across this site. It allows us to customize our online employment application. I have also used it for employee's feedback. I love the customization and ease of use.

PROS

For a non technical person such as myself I enjoyed using this site to create our online applications and online forms. I can customize them with our logo and appropriate backgrounds. I decide how many questions, what type of answers ie pull down options, radio buttons etc. I have used it for online applications and for employee surveys.

CONS

I have not come across anything that I did not like so far.

Steven

Design, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed December 2022

Amazing form software for any purpose.

This has been a wonderful experience! I will be using Cognito Forms for many years to come and I will also be recommending them to everyone I know.

PROS

The price (FREE) is by far the best thing about Cognito Forms! I have used this for fundraisers, organizations, and churches. Being able to link it directly to Stripe, customize the form, and allow credit card payments is amazing! I used to pay JotForm for a few months until the fundraiser was over, but now I can keep everything active and save a ton of money in the process.

CONS

I honestly do not have any cons about Cognito Forms. There is nothing that I wanted to do that I could not accomplish.

Reasons for switching to Cognito Forms

Price and options that you can accomplish per package.

10,000+ employees

Reviewed May 2019

Well established online form builder with killer feature set

I have used Cognito for 4-years on a number of simple websites for contact forms right through to complex medical referral systems generating custom PDF output and mapping data to several outputs.

PROS

Cognito is now a well established SaaS product, which is really important because in the world of forms they come and go pretty fast. The feature set is excellent and continues to steadily (not rapidly) evolve. Integration with outside apps is served very well either through Zapier, Integromat or direct webhooks to your own apps. The payment features are well considered and offer calculated amounts and lots of good conditional logic often required in a payment pipeline. The ability to embed forms anywhere with or without Cognito CSS is great too, I usually use the oddly named "Chameleon theme" to easily blend in with my own website CSS PDF generation is brilliant too, especially the ability to edit your own templates

CONS

The design and branding of their own website is pretty retro and off putting for what is actually a state of the art SaaS form and data handling app. The form fields are improving but have sometimes lagged behind in using modern controls such as good date pickers. Form validation is a bit lacklustre in terms of behaviour and styling options We're all waiting for subscription management with Stripe!!

Laura

Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2016

Super happy customer!

Since starting with Cognito forms almost a year ago, they've come out with many new features and are great at communicating what they're working on to come next with their Trello idea board. Communication is something that they definitely do well, whether its with a technical support question or an I-can't-figure-this-out kind of question, they're quick to respond. The application itself is super easy to use and master. Adding payment methods is quick and easy along with the management of those payment submissions. The options are really endless when creating a form. Almost everything has the ability to be customized to what you need, and even those few things that i'd like to be able to change, I can vote for them on their idea board on Trello.

PROS

Easy to use, create and manage. Good communication and support. It's secure to use, and they have the option to be HIPAA compliant. They're great on coming out with new features, they communicate what they're working on through their Trello idea board. Their documentation is great also, i've relied on their help documentations many times to answer my questions. There is a blog too that is a great resource for learning new things you can do with your forms.

Nana Afua

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2021

I recommend Cognito Forms

My overall experience with Cognito forms has been good. I was not so sure at the beginning how to build a personalised form but amazingly it was very simple to do as the interface is self explanatory. I have been able to choose from different templates and created my own forms for my blog and other websites and this has really helped increase my conversion rates and sign-ups. Thank you

PROS

As a Blog and website creator having forms that are easy to fill is a plus and cognito forms gives different templates that I can choose from to create my forms. The interface is not complicated to use and the pricing packages are really cool allowing unlimited free usage. I chose a package because of my line of work and the tool has been useful for me. I can always make changes to the form and review it before publisihing. It makes tracking submitted forms simple as well.

CONS

I like everything about cognito forms its very personalised as compared to other form builders I have used in the past. There is nothing to dislike about the software, at least for now.

Faelan

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2017

Flexible, Reliable, Easy to Implement and Very Cost Effective

PROS

Has a wide range of field types and features (saving progress, customizable tables, signatures, calculations, pre-fills) that other form builders don't have. If your form has any sort of complexity this is the best out there and the pricing is excellent value for money.

CONS

It's pretty much the complete package. On occasion, saving changes in the form builder can act up and if you could move from one response to the next by hitting return that would be nice from a user perspective. But I'm nitpicking here, it's the best form builder I've come across and at the best price.

Thank you so much for the feedback, Faelan!

Replied September 2017

Gavin

Consumer Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Good form builder to customise and link with automations

Overall positive. It has a good mix of features but isn't too complicated.

PROS

Very customisable. Links up well with automation services like make.com. Lightweight coding.

CONS

The UI on the back end can be a little difficult to navigate until you know what you're looking for.

René

Media Production, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2017

The best service available for collecting and processing web form data

We extensively tested a lot of best of breed services like JotForm, Typeform and Formstack for collecting, embedding and processing data from online forms for internal use and external touchpoints. Cognitoforms is our final choice and we are happy.

PROS

Great flexibility, perfect code embed, event triggered e-mail notification, wonderful document layout editor. We did not find one single bug after extensively using cognito forms. Fair and flexible pricing.

CONS

Actually there are no given cons using Cognito Forms. Compared with other similar services like Typeform and Jotform, we are only missing "picture choice" options. Integration of own e-mail domain is planned, but not in beta until now.

Thank you so much for your kind words and thoughtful feedback, René! We're glad to hear that your organization is enjoying Cognito Forms.

Replied December 2017