Cognito Forms Software Reviews

FrontRunners 2021

Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"Their customer support is nicely responsive, and the price options (free and above) are absolutely amazing."
  • icon"I need a forms platform that will allow me to do complex calculations based on customer input."
  • icon"This software has all I need to create the forms i need to collect lead information. Most of all I love how easy they are to create."
  • icon"They shut your form down instantly if it is reported without even investigating thus putting the burden on the customer."
  • icon"You know, sometimes some web-page owners desperately need integration but they don't have enough space on their pages to insert additional scripts or codes over there. Do you have such a function."
  • icon"I mean as soon as you hit submit on the abuse report I received an automated email stating my form was shut down due to a violation. I know because I tested it out."

Have you used Cognito Forms and would like to share your experience with others?

All Cognito Forms Reviews

Courtney

Company size: 1,001 - 5,000 employees

Great for collecting and funneling data

Olga

An effortless, beautiful and effective way to create splendid contact forms

It is just amazing! Stylish, elegant, innovative, useful, user-friendly, secure, adaptive, responsive! Cutting-edge and easily accessible. An effortless and meaningful way to make any landing page better.

Pros

Well, it is just amazing! Innovative. Cutting-edge. Secure. Elegant. I have been looking for a great tool to keep in touch with my customers, and it was not that easy because one of my landing pages was created on pure html (I did not use any CMS), that's why it was quite challenging to find anything suitable. I needed something to insert into my html code in order to have an easy, convenient, comfortable, effortless, efficient and accessible way to communicate with my customers. Firstly I tried to use some survey forms, but they were expensive, and their "thank you" page looked misleading which caused problems, besides survey forms let my customers use them only once. It was absolutely inappropriate and I had to look for a better way for getting feedback and appointments. I am as happy as a lark to have such a great contact form on my landing page. I have uploaded my logo and my background for this form, created a link of the form and added this link to my landing page, by using a nice, neat and beautiful button (created on my own) which, as soon as the customer presses the button redirects them to the contact form. There are some additional ways of integration, but I have not tried all of them yet. Thank you, guys, Cognito Contact Form is the best contact form I have ever tried!

Cons

Well, it would be great if there were some integration functions like "redirecting to Cognito Forms + having your own domain link". You know, sometimes some web-page owners desperately need integration but they don't have enough space on their pages to insert additional scripts or codes over there. Do you have such a function? Maybe I did not search carefully enough?

Reasons for choosing Cognito Forms

Well, I have not tried out Google Forms, but there was some idea that I could use them for my purposes, but then I understood that Cognito Forms is the best because they provide an elegant, affordable, beautiful and meaningful way for getting my guests' and clients' feedback, ideas, questions, suggestions, offers and appointments.

Reasons for switching to Cognito Forms

I did not actually need a survey form, I needed a contact form, but survey forms was the first solution I tested. Survey Forms are cool for specific purposes, but are not useful in my case.

Cristina

May 2022

Good product and easy to use

Pros

Easy to use. You can easily do any kind of form.

Cons

Did not integrate wit TaxDome. To use customer service you need to open a ticket and wait.

Reasons for switching to Cognito Forms

We need to use TaxDome platform and cognito forms did not integrate with TaxDome. I prefer to use cognito forms than organizer in TaxDome.

Amit

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

November 2022

Powerful

We were trying to build a smart chat bot type form, that would engage users in responding to a number of questions and then generate a customised pdf report from those choices.Aside from this, I used the product for some operational work around syncing the data entered by new contractors signing up through this form, onto Airtable.

Pros

The depth of this product is awesome. I loved the fact that you can actually write code for conditional logic, and to customise reporting.

Cons

The look and feel of the conversational style of the forms tool - aesthitically did not appeal to me as much as Typeform did, but nevertheless on an overall basis - this product was much better value for money.

Reasons for choosing Cognito Forms

The value for money was much better. I also thought Cognito Forms was more versatile and had greater ability for the administrator to write bespoke code to customise it.

Terrible Customer Service.

I would have been better off using Google Forms/Sheets.

Pros

What I will like best is no longer using them and receiving notification emails without the ability to view any forms.

Cons

I figured out the issue with the help of someone who does not work for you. You were sending notifications to an email address which is associated with a different account that does not have access to the forms, so there was nothing for me to see. One would think you might be able to see that on your end. I was, after all, communicating with you from an email address that is not for the account receiving the forms. All you do is keep telling me to turn off notifications on my account, but that would do NOTHING to stop the notifications because they were coming from another account entirely. How is it that nobody looked to see that there are no forms for which I should have been receiving notification? And I'm supposed to trust my client's information and important documents with your company? I can only imagine what the ordeal would be like if there was a problem bigger than receiving ghost notifications. I've been going around in circles with multiple representatives without any real help on an issue that should have been extremely simple had someone taken the time to do anything except type in a canned response without doing even a little research into the problem. I can delete my account and STILL receive these notifications for forms I cannot access from this email address. I'll make a note to follow your customer service procedures and follow-through if I ever want to kill my business. A customer cannot speak to a live person? Honestly? Terrible customer service.

Mellen

May 2022

You can't go wrong with Cognito Forms

Overall, the Cognito form is one of the most friendly form builders out there. It has advanced features, a comprehensive support section, a drag and drop editor, and amazing integrations through Zapier. Indeed, you got nothing to lose with Cognito Form.

Pros

What I really like about Cognito Form is its advanced features. Even in the free plan, users can explore interesting mock-ups. Not to mention that the Cognito form has a large array of templates.

Cons

What I dislike about Cognito Forms is that the electronic signature feature is only available in the Pro-Plan.

Reasons for switching to Cognito Forms

Zoho Form only allows free users to create three forms.

Ian

Industry: Computer Networking

Couldn't do without Cognito now

very positive experience, it has made life a lot easier

Pros

We've been using this a couple of years now and has made our business sign up process so much more professional for our customers and has enabled us to capture customer details in spreadsheet form for import into other applications

Cons

Had a few issues initially with the forms not fitting onto our web pages but the support was excellent and told us what to change on our web site. Occasionally get customers not seeing the submit button on mobile, but not tested this myself

Reasons for switching to Cognito Forms

Signnow is a great product but wasn't the right tool for this job. We still use it for signing quotes.

mark

I love it- it's much easier than Jotform

Really great- I switched over from Jotform and it's saved me a lot of time and money. I appreciate how easy it is to use and I haven't run into any bugs so far.

Pros

It's very easy to use and they give a great free trial so that you can test it out before purchasing it. The security was great, the payment processing is easy to set up, and the form building itself is all quite intuitive.

Cons

I'm still exploring the product a bit more, but I think the cost of custom PDF's is quite high, but that's an auxiliary service. I also would like a bit more options/templates for the layout of the forms when it comes to aesthetics.

Pricing, recommendation from colleague

Reasons for switching to Cognito Forms

There were too many bugs and it just kept having issue after issue.

Budi

Cognito forms is the best forms application

Cognitoforms already fulfilled our requirement to make form input activity more simple with spesific validation related to calculation, advanced formula, date validation, table entry, duplicate entry, custom error message and approval mechanism

Pros

- complete validation before and after input event - form approval possible to be conducted - integration with Ms Flow and Ms Sharepoint enriched its functionality - response output is very complete when we use section and table - with calculation and logic function, brings cognito forms into smart forms. - custom error message - advanced formula editor - custom and complete email notification - easy form submission setting - custom output fields to be displayed

Cons

- webhooks integration is against with our IT security policy and we should find another way to perform integration and we using Ms Flow integration

Reasons for choosing Cognito Forms

As we compare to all candidates, only cognito forms which met all of our requirement

Reasons for switching to Cognito Forms

How to find form application which can fulfilled all of our requirement

Ed

April 2022

One of the more powerful options out there!

Phenomenal UI with powerful features

Pros

The two top-tied features that Cognito offers are the Lookup and Repeating Section. Hands down one of the best form builders on the market.

Cons

There is no live reporting option for people outside of your organization. Must reply on 3pp integrations that take extra time to set up for each form.

Features and pricing

Reasons for switching to Cognito Forms

More features, better UI, and pricing

Ash

March 2022

Great tool for creating and forms

We use it for solving various tasks like recruitment and sorting candidates once recruited to drafting agreements and getting electronic signatures from clients

Pros

One of our most useful tools in daily use. Customisable features are very useful. It has helped us build a brand image - always been reliable and our logo and company name is mostly visible.

Cons

the customisable/programmable parts can sometimes be clunky.

Reasons for choosing Cognito Forms

preference for use of branding, signature tools and some other features

Kerrie

Builds great forms for event registration and archiving is great to have

I have used Cognito for over 5 years and I like more about it than I dislike. Our clients love how easy it is to fill out, submit and pay, until they cannot pay because the form does not redirect. This happens about 30% of the time. I am sure there is something in the background causing this to happen but there has not been any assurance from Tech Support that it will ever be a priority to try to resolve.

Pros

I love how easy it is for us to build forms for registrations for events, online contests, RSVP documents. Our business needs to be able to collect information we can then export into our email program and it is an easy process with Cognito. Love the option to customize the forms - wish it offered more fonts, and more options to make forms visually appealing.

Cons

My only complaint is the failure of the form to redirect to the payment processing website. Since we use this to process registration and payments - this has me looking for other Software programs that will eliminate this problem. Tech support was no help - not that I was able to talk to a human being. All over email and offered explanations that did not offer any solution to fix the problem.

Reasons for switching to Cognito Forms

Like the options offered by Cognito to customize the forms and amount of uploads we could do for our photo upload needs.

Glencora

Cognito Forms is a great, inexpensive data system

I love that Cognito keeps on improving. I hope to see them continue making the user experience better. Thank you!

Pros

I have been using Cognito to collect data from two schools. The system is pretty intuitive, and once you have used it for awhile, a lot of things are clearer. For example, to name the columns or categories for when you are ready to export a file to excel, you can simply customize the field names, which helps a lot. The forms embed nicely on a website. The emails sent to customers is great. I love that I can work with others on these forms; that has been excellent. The Support for Cognito has been excellent; they are swift and comprehensive in their help. The forms really allow for you to do a lot.

Cons

Some of the problems I have run into are the following: --placing an image in the form header has been tricky. I can't easily place it as I'd like. --I initially named the organization something, and I'd like to change it. I can't easily do that now because the form links are according to the original organization name. It certainly is possible, but it will take some time to fix. --Sometimes it's clear that the server is busy, and it does not work well on Safari (nothing really does, though) --I wish there was an easier way to have people make sure they paid for something before they filled out a form (which ultimately requires payment for submission). It's not clear how to do this.

Response from Cognito Apps

Thank you so much for the feedback, Glencora! I'm glad to hear that you've been enjoying Cognito Forms. Regarding your question about requiring payment: please submit a support request (https://www.cognitoforms.com/supportrequest/) and our team would be happy to take a look at your form!

Replied October 2018

Mike

Underlying principles they are following are right on.

I was able to build a form - with no coding knowledge - that I have been dreaming about for years. I am now able to present only the information to my clients that is relevant to them and drastically reduce the amount of time they have to spend reading and filling out the bankruptcy questionnaire. For instance, imagine asking a client "how many vehicles do you have" and then having to do it the old way and tell them to "include and additional sheet for each extra vehicle" Now, with repeating sections, I can ask "Do you have a vehicle"? If they say "yes", a repeating section pops, and they can enter the information for as many vehicles as they want. if they don't have a vehicle they won't have to read another word about vehicles. The more variable the potential information is, the more mileage you get out of conditional logic and repeating sections. I don't want any other bankruptcy attorneys to find out about Cognito forms. I want to maintain my edge! Using the palm pilot, iphone, analogy. Everybody knew for a long time what they wanted a hand held device to do and they got all excited about the palm pilot more for its promise than its reality. You had to have the little stylus, use the new little language, etc. It just wasn't actually useful yet. I feel that way about most form builders compared to Cognito. They have had a lot of promise but not a lot of delivery. Cognito delivers something that is usable without having to twist and turn and try to imagine it doing what you would really like it to do. Anybody (who couldn't do the rubix cube) that ever wished that when the client answers "yes" to this question that this other question will pop up, is finally going to get their wish when they sign up with Cognito. You may have noticed tons of businesses still use paper forms. For client oriented businesses, Doctors, CPA's, Attorneys, etc. the form and the ability to make it easy to fill and dynamic, and the ability to actually use the captured data without reentering stuff from printed forms is a fundamental long standing issue and opportunity that until now only had a palm pilot solutions. The solution to the form problem can enhance everything the business is doing. The ability to include links to help text, payment options, conditional logic, repeating sections, etc. could finally move people to actually get the value from form builders that we have all been dreaming about for years.

Pros

Many form builders make it difficult to pack a lot of information in the smallest space possible. They get all big and fluffy. Filling out the completed form feels either like a full blown software experience like using Turbotax or like trying to tack balloons to a board in a light breeze. Cognito forms feel tight, light,compact, intuitive and the perfect extension of the paper form you are trying to replace and make dynamic. The forms look like a nice clean paper or fillable pdf, only online. Others also make conditional logic feel like programming. This is the genius of Cognito forms from my perspective. They are in a class with "Butler for Trello" in terms of conditional logic. I have been dreaming of such a form builder to make my "ultimate, online bankruptcy intake form" for years now. It just didn't exist. Now it does. And it appears it will be getting better and better. I could have nightmares about them potentially going out of business or going a different direction with the product. It's that good and that unique, and that on target. Choosing to make the builder and forms sleek, compact and pdf-like, and solving the conditional logic gap makes other form builders feel like using a pal-pilot while Cognito is an iphone. I look forward to exploring what I can do with the back end and integrations with Zapier and my other programs, but I am quite certain I have found the form builder that is the "Trello" of the form building world.

Cons

The builder has a "preview" function, which is great, but I love, love, love, how I can send the actual form link to myself and open the form on one monitor and the builder on the other and see exactly what the bankruptcy client will be seeing and just refresh to see my changes. I admit. I just like looking at it. It looks so good compared to the competition. I like looking at that crisp compact form on my screen. Its like driving a honda or toyota compared to an old 1970's buick. The builder itself is so intuitive and comfortable to work with. It doesn't fight with you or leave you wondering what to do next. But... I am supposed to mention an issue or "con". I love how I can refresh, but it may be that my form is getting pretty large and has tons of conditional logic going on, but a couple of times when I have attempted to save it sits and spins and especially when I have attempted to apply conditional logic to a question stating "when question A is "Yes" Show questions B,C, and D, for instance. it takes quite a while to pull up the interface. If the servers are overwhelmed, then by all means, investors, get them some money. We need more servers!! Also, it would be nice when dragging and dropping fields if there was an undo button. When you accidentally drop a field inaccurately it can be hard to move everything back into place. I have learned to cut and paste instead of drag and drop. Cognito. I Love you. You make my life complete!

Response from Cognito Apps

Wow! Thank you so much for your review, Mike. We appreciate that you took the time to leave such thoughtful and thorough feedback, and we're glad to hear that you're enjoying Cognito Forms. :) Regarding your save issue: if you continue to notice problems with your form saving or loading in the builder, please don't hesitate to contact our support team: https://www.cognitoforms.com/supportrequest/

Replied May 2018

Peter

The Best software for the price

Overall, from several other competitors they had the best functionality and reliability .

Pros

The software is definitely the best for the price and very easy to use. Overall, the functionality is great

Cons

There are a few minor bugs that i run into from time to time, but customer service has been great in addressing these issues and letting me know what to do so i dont run into the same issue again.

Reasons for choosing Cognito Forms

Price, reliability and functionality. We liked Formstack but it was really expensive for essentially the same functionality We also liked Jotforms design and functionality but based on the reviews it was not very reliable.

Reasons for switching to Cognito Forms

We began using PandaDoc for our Questionnaires and Agreement forms. It's great for the agreement forms but terrible for long questionnaires. We were getting a lot of complaints on the questionnaires when we used PandaDoc.

Russell