All Docupilot Reviews

Don

Fund-Raising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2020

Great product. Amazing Customer Service.

I can't recall getting this high quality customer service from any provider in any field. It's refreshing.

PROS

I stumbled onto Docupilot while looking for alternatives for our startup. Our effort is a bit complex but Docupilot was able to deliver everything we needed. The product is fantastic - reliable, versatile, and at a great price. We're completely satisfied with the product but the customer service is just incredible - seriously unbeatable. I had questions or needed help multiple times a week at some points. Unfailingly, they've gone way above and beyond to help us meet our goals. They've also reached out to others beyond their company to collaboratively help solve problems we encountered. For most of this period, they did all of that while I was still using their free version! They are patient, respond quickly, and will do what it takes to deliver. We are close to launch and it never could have happened without the top notch team at Docupilot. A special shout out to Rohit who provided immeasurable help every step of the way.

CONS

I thought the product had limitations at different points, but in every case it was because of my own lack of familiarity with the capabilities of Docupilot. I would ask if something could be done with the product and expected a "no" but the answer was always yes. We encountered a lot of obstacles but Docupilot overcame every one of them. I was surprised but grateful.

Reason for choosing Docupilot

We looked at lots of alternatives. I liked the pricing for Docupilot compared to the alternatives, and they were quick to respond and follow up with me. We will stay with Docupilot because the product delivers consistently, is incredibly versatile, and the customer service is unbeatable.

Craig

Aviation & Aerospace, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed October 2022

Excellent Customre Service

Docupilot has some of the best customer support I have ever experienced. We have asked them what we think are complex questions, assuming the ask would not be possible. Each time they have responded with code/processes that work perfectly for us.

PROS

Docupilot is easy to use and feature rich. Highly recommend this product for those who need output from complex business processes and data.

CONS

some competitors have easier to read html editor

Reason for choosing Docupilot

This product was equally as feature rich as the competitor we were using. It was more cost-effective, but the customer support is what sets them apart.

Alex

Performing Arts, 51-200 employees

Reviewed May 2023

Really enjoying Docupilot

PROS

Ease of use, automation integration to other platforms, and speed.

CONS

Sometimes extra clicking is involved which isn't necessary. It would also be great to have more detailed / step-by-step API documentation.

Reasons for switching to Docupilot

Found Documint too difficult to use

Nic

Legal Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2022

Best Move We Made

Wonderful and refreshing. I wish we had begun looking for an alternative months and months ago.

PROS

The feature set is comparable with other leading online document creation software we have used. The BEST element and 90%+ of our decision to switch was the customer care & support. Available when we needed and hand held us through any onboarding issues and queries we had. They had no idea that I was basing my decision to move 10,000+ merges a month on their support replies - but they aced it and we have moved 2 businesses so far, and will be moving a third next month.

CONS

No able to edit the document on the platform, instead editing in Word on your desktop and then uploading. Adds a little time to, but only minutes and not an overall distraction.

CC & Support

Reasons for switching to Docupilot

Support, reliability, price, but 90% of decision was based on support. Abysmal from Formstack and amazing so far from Docupilot.

Alex

Real Estate, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2022

One day to setup, years to enjoy

I felt like they do care about their customers and they do genuinely want to help and provide a great service. Even when my initial decision was not to proceed (due to inntegration that I needed was not there) - they didn't give up - they followe up, they worked on it, they made it better and now they have me on-board for years to come, for sure!

PROS

Price plans are well structured and suitable for variaty of businesses and cases, so - thank you for that. Support is outstanding - they have develoepd new custom integration that we needed in a matter of days and provided outstanding documentation that is easy to follow. Very simple and intuitive interface

CONS

could not find "About Us" page, as I wanted to learn about the team behind :)

Reasons for switching to Docupilot

They recently had a very aggressive price increase, which was 3x times the original subscription. I have never experienced anything like that with any other vendors. Price increases are common and expected from time to time, but their aggressive approach made me to look for an alternative - not because I was desparate to save a few bucks, but because I felt this was very unfair and I didn't want to support them anymore.

Scott

Law Practice, 1 employee

Reviewed July 2019

Heavyweight contender

Support is outstanding. I've made a couple requests for changes that were made within hours.

PROS

Docupilot is an excellent choice for cloud-based document generation. I use it specifically to create bespoke Fee Agreements and releases to then send to SignNow for electronic signatures from my clients.

CONS

There are still a few features that I'd like to see, but they are working diligently to add them.

Reasons for switching to Docupilot

Docupilot has nearly all the functionality of WebMerge at a MUCH more competitive pricing structure.

Reviewed October 2023

Docupilot helped automate our document generation

Docupilot has been a valuable addition to our workflow, especially with its seamless integration with Zapier and SignNow, which we already use. However, I was somewhat taken aback when I realized the free plan was actually a trial, but that aside, it's a fantastic tool that has significantly improved our document generation process.

PROS

Docupilot has been a game-changer for our organization, streamlining our document generation process with its intuitive automation features. Thanks to Docupilot, we've significantly reduced manual work, improved efficiency, and consistently produce polished documents in no time.

CONS

I was a bit surprised to discover that the free plan turned out to be a trial, but it's still a great tool overall.

Reasons for switching to Docupilot

Docupilot was also able to output doc files, not just PDF.

Raphael

Education Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2023

Very great tool

PROS

Integrated with zapier which make it easy to integrate with airtable toovery good customer service

CONS

the fact that i can't edit my word documents in the app

easy integration

Ron

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2023

Ultra Reliable

PROS

In all the years that we have used Docupilot, it always worked.

CONS

A bit tricky to design documents as MS Word was the only option available. Adobe InDesign or some other type of document layout program would be better.

Mikaela

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2023

Fantastic Customer Service and great Product

5 star support and 5 star product!

PROS

Can really recommend Docupilot! They take time and help you with the questions you have. They are quick in answering and very kind & helpful. The product itself is very easy to use and super easy to succeed with the document generation in working how you want. Takes no time at all to create a Docx that is functionable and work graphically and looks good etc. All works so smoothly.

CONS

Docx and PDF are "seperate" from each other meaning if you want to use PDF you need to create or upload a fillable PDF. Would appricate support for creating a DOCX and Docupilot enables PDF conversion through that template instead. They are saying that they are looking into that as a future feature. Hope it is a priority!

Reasons for switching to Docupilot

Features to enable using PPT aswell besides only Docx and PDF. The ease of use and the possibilities within Docupilot are aswell much higher. Support was a big plus aswell.

Michele

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2020

Powerful. Easy. Nothing else compares.

PROS

A powerful document generator, I haven't found anything that I cannot do. The insert dynamic image function and insert google map function for my template was critical to our business, and none of the other tools had this capability. Many others stop short at simple token/field insertion of raw data, but Docupilot allows for field formatting, calculations, if-then-else conditional statements, raw HTML source code. Easy enough for anyone to use, and powerful enough for a superuser/coder to be happy. The integration options are powerful enough to integrate with almost any software or CRM through webhooks, APIs, web forms, Zapier, etc. I am using it through Hubspot using Webhooks. I highly recommend Docupilot.

CONS

The only con I have is pricing by the document generated. We are a small business, but will probably end up in the enterprise pricing because we are essentially using this as a report writer and generating reports all the time.

PJ

Design, 2-10 employees

Works Great

Docupilot is great. Support is very fast to answer chat questions.

PROS

We use this to automate all document creation within the company.

CONS

None so far, everything has worked perfect.

Easier to use

Sam

Education Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2019

A really cool innovation for documents

A pretty fun learning experience overall

PROS

That it's like a web builder but for documents, that you can integrate many different technologies, use the API, style and customise to your hearts desire, very innovative and opens up a lot of options!

CONS

More video tutorials and walkthroughs that show some of the integrations that can be achieved with other technologies would be really quite helpful e.g. using the Bootstrap CDN for tables and form construction etc.

Zee

Insurance, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2020

Huge savings and so simple to use!!

Auto Mail PDF Invoices. Great product!

PROS

Moved from web merge because of the pricing and have loved docupilot! So easy to use and much easier to set up compared to the others.

CONS

All been great so far! I have no concerns at all

Reasons for switching to Docupilot

Pricing and ease of use.

Joonatan

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2020

Saves us huge amount of time

For us, together with Zapier, Docupilot makes true magic. We produce thousands of documents automatically, saving us huge amount of time.

PROS

Easy to use. Cheaper than alternatives and works like magic with Zapier.

CONS

Cant really say anything that could be better, all the features are good and other features can be managed elsewere (for example AND-logic).

Reasons for switching to Docupilot

Easy to use, better logic in-document, cheaper. It was a triple-win to switch.

Adriana

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed May 2021

The best option for our document automation needs

We have a great experience using the software and managing our relationship with their support team. They are very open to our requests and we feel we have a good relationship with them. Aravind is a nice person to work with and has an outstanding customer service.

PROS

I liked a lot that Docupilot offers a wide range of options from the easiest automation tasks to more complicated stuff so you can get a lot of value for the price you pay. We have used it continually to deliver automated diplomas for event attendees with different delivery options and it always does the job we need. I love the way they manage support. They respond timely and always give a solution to our problems.

CONS

Once we had a problem with a Zapier integration delivery. It didn't work at that time but we received the document credits back and could resolve the delivery via email.

Reason for choosing Docupilot

Because they offered exactly the number of documents I needed at a better price than the alternative. They are also very supportive and have an excellent customer service. I wouldn't switch for other tool because of their unbeatable level of service.

Reasons for switching to Docupilot

Because the other app was sold and changed its function.

Kenneth