• Pros

• "Moved from web merge because of the pricing and have loved docupilot! So easy to use and much easier to set up compared to the others. "

• "What I love about Docupilot is that it helped our organisation to simply automate a lot of work. "

• "Everything about this service is great. I love the people behind the product and the product itself. Thank you."

• Cons

• "Would be nice if pricing was more aggressive for higher volumes."

• "All been great so far! I have no concerns at all"

• "There are still a few features that I'd like to see, but they are working diligently to add them."

Browse Docupilot Reviews

Don from Good Raising

Industry: Fund-Raising

Great product. Amazing Customer Service.

I can't recall getting this high quality customer service from any provider in any field. It's refreshing.

Pros

I stumbled onto Docupilot while looking for alternatives for our startup. Our effort is a bit complex but Docupilot was able to deliver everything we needed. The product is fantastic - reliable, versatile, and at a great price. We're completely satisfied with the product but the customer service is just incredible - seriously unbeatable. I had questions or needed help multiple times a week at some points. Unfailingly, they've gone way above and beyond to help us meet our goals. They've also reached out to others beyond their company to collaboratively help solve problems we encountered. For most of this period, they did all of that while I was still using their free version! They are patient, respond quickly, and will do what it takes to deliver. We are close to launch and it never could have happened without the top notch team at Docupilot. A special shout out to Rohit who provided immeasurable help every step of the way.

Cons

I thought the product had limitations at different points, but in every case it was because of my own lack of familiarity with the capabilities of Docupilot. I would ask if something could be done with the product and expected a "no" but the answer was always yes. We encountered a lot of obstacles but Docupilot overcame every one of them. I was surprised but grateful.

Reasons for Choosing Docupilot

We looked at lots of alternatives. I liked the pricing for Docupilot compared to the alternatives, and they were quick to respond and follow up with me. We will stay with Docupilot because the product delivers consistently, is incredibly versatile, and the customer service is unbeatable.

Chris from MoveSquad Group

Amazing product for Automating Document Creation and Distribution

In automating all of our document creation we have managed to save a very significant amount of time for our Sales and Operations teams, who now use this time more productively in helping customers buy more from us and feel more supported overall.

Pros

So easy to use, brilliant world-class and instant support. This software has saved us hours of work on a near daily basis, we now automate all documents coming out of our CRM through Docupilot. Other than out CRM, this is now the most used software in the office. Its flawless, works every time and is brilliantly supported.

Cons

Nothing, everything has surpassed every expectation so far, we're very very pleased.

Reasons for Choosing Docupilot

Ease of use and the way we felt more supported by the team during the trial phase.

Antonio from Userbot SRL

Best tool for Document Automation

Pros

- Really easy to use - The Integration with Zapier is amazing - The Customer Support is super responsive - Perfect value for money

Cons

- The UI of the product is ok but could be modernised

Price and better Zapier integration with Word documents

Scott from Law Offices of Scott C. Athen, PC

Industry: Law Practice

Heavyweight contender

Support is outstanding. I've made a couple requests for changes that were made within hours.

Pros

Docupilot is an excellent choice for cloud-based document generation. I use it specifically to create bespoke Fee Agreements and releases to then send to SignNow for electronic signatures from my clients.

Reasons for Switching to Docupilot

Docupilot has nearly all the functionality of WebMerge at a MUCH more competitive pricing structure.

PJ from Orbis

Works Great

Docupilot is great. Support is very fast to answer chat questions.

Pros

We use this to automate all document creation within the company.

Cons

None so far, everything has worked perfect.

Easier to use

Michele from Walnut Street Finance

Powerful. Easy. Nothing else compares.

Pros

A powerful document generator, I haven't found anything that I cannot do. The insert dynamic image function and insert google map function for my template was critical to our business, and none of the other tools had this capability. Many others stop short at simple token/field insertion of raw data, but Docupilot allows for field formatting, calculations, if-then-else conditional statements, raw HTML source code. Easy enough for anyone to use, and powerful enough for a superuser/coder to be happy. The integration options are powerful enough to integrate with almost any software or CRM through webhooks, APIs, web forms, Zapier, etc. I am using it through Hubspot using Webhooks. I highly recommend Docupilot.

Cons

The only con I have is pricing by the document generated. We are a small business, but will probably end up in the enterprise pricing because we are essentially using this as a report writer and generating reports all the time.

Zee from iBex

Huge savings and so simple to use!!

Auto Mail PDF Invoices. Great product!

Pros

Cons

All been great so far! I have no concerns at all

Reasons for Switching to Docupilot

Pricing and ease of use.

Joonatan from OVK-center Sverige AB

Saves us huge amount of time

For us, together with Zapier, Docupilot makes true magic. We produce thousands of documents automatically, saving us huge amount of time.

Pros

Easy to use. Cheaper than alternatives and works like magic with Zapier.

Cons

Cant really say anything that could be better, all the features are good and other features can be managed elsewere (for example AND-logic).

Reasons for Switching to Docupilot

Easy to use, better logic in-document, cheaper. It was a triple-win to switch.

Sam from Student Volunteer Army

A really cool innovation for documents

A pretty fun learning experience overall

Pros

That it's like a web builder but for documents, that you can integrate many different technologies, use the API, style and customise to your hearts desire, very innovative and opens up a lot of options!

Cons

More video tutorials and walkthroughs that show some of the integrations that can be achieved with other technologies would be really quite helpful e.g. using the Bootstrap CDN for tables and form construction etc.

Rob from Craft Beer Updates

Excellent cloud based tool

Will continue to use and am very happy with the amazing support I receive. Cost may become a factor in the future but not for now.

Pros

Ability to merge data using API and creation of PDF.

Cons

Wish there were other pricing options. In my case, a merge is a single page. Others may have one merge that created multiple pages. My cost per merge is the most expensive.

Christopher from Hospitality

Great product, great support

Fantastic so far, I'm using it to consolidate the creation of many documents into a single form.

Pros

Ease of use, Docupilot is very user-friendly. I was already familiar with using merge software (Webmerge), so the learning curve was very small. Integrations are fast, and the Dropbox delivery of merged documents is much faster than what I've used in the past.

Cons

Only thing I've encountered so far was the ability to set conditional delivery of documents, but the Development team is working on this (I'm told) and the support staff was very helpful in showing me how it could be done in Zapier in the interim.

Reasons for Switching to Docupilot

Webmerge support is email only, so no way to address critical problems in real time. Additionally, Webmerge was acquired by Formstack and they immediately hiked the prices. No bueno.

Ron from Quadica Developments Inc.

Perfect Companion For Zapier

Docupilot was the only solution we could find that allowed us to build a fully automated document generation process using Zapier, 3dCart, and our own custom designed order/production management system. Support is top notch. I never waited more than 20 minutes for a reply from a very knowledgeable and helpful support person who went out of their way to solve our problem.

Pros

Easy to set up and use with excellent integration with Zapier. It works exactly as it should. Before settling on Docupilot, we evaluated a dozen or more other options. But nothing was able to accommodate our requirements. All of the other apps we evaluated were missing one or more essential functions that we needed for automating document generation.

Cons

Would be nice if pricing was more aggressive for higher volumes.

Karen from Training

Have been looking for such a solution for a long time!

I was looking for a solution to gain time filling documents for my organization. Support has been really helpful for all my questions. Very happy I could find this, no more days spent filling documents repetitively....

Pros

I like the fact I can just prepare a document once, with merge fields, and then automate all documents. My admin is now really simplified! My objective was to really gain time and as a non-technical person, I like the efficiency and simplicity of Docupilot!

Cons

I believe it is quite new as I didn't find it before when I was looking for such a solution but already with all features I need so far and even some I don't need yet. Initially I was not too sure about using Zapier, but it ended up being a very smooth process. :)

Jordan from SoundKreations Residencies

Quick and helpful

Pros

Cons

I like everything about it. Seriously. I have zero complaints

Lloyd from BMP Advisory

Customer service.... WAAAAY above expectations.

I'm using this software to merge PDF files from web forms. To date, it's been very useful, and much more cost effective than other providers (namely, Webmerge).

Pros

The software is intuitive enough to use, but more importantly, when I did come up with a problem, I was genuinely amazed by how the support team went out of their way to help me. Well above expectations... Highly recommended.

Cons

I don't really have a 'con' so far. I'm simply typing here because it is required as part of the review... Genuinely impressed with the customer service.

Neil from West Valley Mavericks Foundation

Merge and make PDF's in a snap

Automation of documents for custom uses that are not available on some larger platforms. Creating a PDF and being able to mail or email is is useful in my workflow. This is a great product and is MUCH cheaper than Webmerge.

Pros

The price is unbeatable in this product space at the time of writing. I also like the integrations it offers with Zapier, Airtable and more.

Cons

Docupilot fits perfectly into my automation flow as I am a low volume user and is affordable for us as a non-profit to use it. I can't think of anything that I don't like.

Roberto from Expediente Azul

Does the job

Sometimes customers request to sign an NDA before talking to us, I send them the link to fill up their company information and an NDA is sent to them already filled up with their company info by email in PDF. Afterwards we just sign it. It helps that this is an automated process as it removes the stress of negotiating stuff, it looks professional and the NDA is as-is.

Pros

Extremely simple setup, you just upload the Word file with placeholders in it and a custom form is created with a public URL. Then you setup who gets an email with the resulting file (I choose PDF) and done.

Cons

I liked everything about the software and don't intend to change it unless someone does it for free.

Reasons for Choosing Docupilot

The alternative Webmerge was really expensive

Noam from Noam Say

Powerful and simple to use

Docupilot is one of the most powerful yet simple to use software. One of the most important tool in the no-code ecosystem

Pros

Intuitive interface and easy to integrate using API or Zapier Affordable pricing compared to alternative Excellent support

Cons

I only found one missing feature but I talked to support and they implemented it within a week !

Reasons for Switching to Docupilot

Pricing first, then ability to integrate without code and excellent customer support

Breyten from liquidation Attorneys

Industry: Law Practice

I am very pleased, especially the quick support reply time. Thanks to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Pros

I like that i have full control over how the document is styled.

Cons

it would be more enjoyable if I had more control over image placement.

Reasons for Choosing Docupilot

It worked with my database and it is easier to use.

Reasons for Switching to Docupilot

Docupilot was easier to use more user friendly

Joost from Chess

Great product

Its been great and their customer service is next level.

Pros

Cons

I hope they will add more integrations.

Dong from NextGen Strata

Always responsive on support on a timely manner

Pros

pretty intuitive to use, any problems, the supporting team is always standing by

Cons

have not found the cons yet, so far so good

Angelo from Grafische Cursussen

Industry: Graphic Design

Easy automation of repetetive docs

What I like a lot is the integration with software like Zapier. Now we don't have to make certificates by hand. These certificates are made automatically with the data that a student fills in when he applies for a course.

Pros

I like automation in all sorts of kind. And for me Docupilot automates repetitive docs very well! I tried some stuff, but in the end Docupilot must be one of the best.

Cons

There wasn't a small plan for us who only need 5-10 docs per month. But we made an agreement on that. Very nice.

Victor from COMPLIMENT

Great support and ease of use

Pros

Zapier-like UX & interface. Very easy to use

Cons

Much cheaper than webmerge but still expensive in my opinion

Mmanape from EMGuidance Technologies

Great app!

Pros

The user friendliness of the app and the amazing support . Their support is available 24/7 to explain things and even set up remote sessions and lessons, they are just amazing!

Cons

I haven't experienced any major concerns up to so far.

John from Rising Sun Commerce

Great for Automating Reports

It's great

Pros

It's easy to use and flexible. It was easy to set-up, get started and send test data. It's worked very well ever since.

Cons

I found a very minor bug, reported it and the team fixed it straightaway. Can't fault that.

Amazing product and even better support

Pros

All the features are in everyplans! The only difference is the amount of documents generated.

Cons

Not to much that I don´t like. In some areas it´s a bit complicated but the support is amazing and very fast!

Response from Flackon

Replied October 2018

Thank you for your review.