All Docusign Reviews

DocuSign Review: DocuSign Takes the Stress out of Signing Documents

Samuel

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Reviewed October 2022

The finest of electronic signatures Without difficulty and paper

Utilizing DocuSign has been amazing in every way. Without having to bother about printing, it's nice to be able to quickly email contracts and agreements. DocuSign's secure signing system also enables electronic signatures. I frequently use it since DocuSign has made it so simple and quick to review and sign the multiple agreements files and contract papers we must give to our clients. It also saves us a ton of time and protects the environment by avoiding the use of a pen and paper. DocuSign is a tool that I absolutely enjoy using.

PROS

I have the ability to communicate legally binding papers to anybody, anywhere. They don't require that I see them in person or access my business computer at the workplace. Anywhere you want! Make adjustments using templates and save them for later use. It's quite practical to utilize some third-party apps with Docusign. The security and ease of usage are excellent for use with legal documentation.

CONS

The commercial version of DocuSign is more expensive than the alternatives, and I didn't utilize it until the business collaborated with them to make it available to all outside salespeople. For the essential functions of electronically signing a document via a touchscreen or smart device, there are less expensive and free apps available. DocuSign can also be difficult to use because of a function for setting up signatures that takes a long time and isn't truly essential, but you don't immediately realize it.

Reasons for switching to Docusign

DocuSign gave us the best value for our money and our clients.

Amber

Renewables & Environment, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Makes my job so much easier!

PROS

My job is to make sure contracts get signed and then collect payment afterwards. We used to need to get handwritten signatures but it was so time consuming, but this makes everything so much easier!

CONS

I don't dislike anything - it truly is great!

Lucien

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed May 2024

Docusign is a product that needs a lot of improvement

Overall a poor experience which ultimately led us to explore using PandaDocs as a replacement.

PROS

Docusign contract open tracking was really powerful for us because it empowered our sales team to follow up and close deals in real-time.

CONS

Docusign is not user friendly UX and extremely restricting when it comes to customisation. We were constantly struggling with clients who couldn't understand how to sign because of the poor UX/UI. In addition, we wanted to add a lot of customisation to our contracts to make them appear like pitch decks but this proved incredibly hard in Docusign. We weren't blown away by customer success and were genuinely surprised Docusign was the market leader at the time.

Jackson

Higher Education, 10,000+ employees

Docs Cloud Management

PROS

Proposal generation and ease of online documents signing. Elegant file sharing and cloud data encryption.

CONS

Sincerely, nothing to complain because it has it all.

Grant

Real Estate, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2024

Great product. Does what you think it will.

Great product. Does what it claims to do.

PROS

It is ubiquitous. People know the name, and people have likely used it before.

CONS

It can be a little finicky. Every once in a while I encountered inexplicable technical problems.

Paris

Computer & Network Security, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Docusign does exactly what it says it will

PROS

It is very easy to use. It is easy to track and sequence contract signatures. I have never had any issues with it at all.

CONS

It is the leader in the space and so it is the most expensive solution.

Corinna

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2024

International signature tool with long market experience

PROS

Widely established and well known which means in general people can easily follow the process and are familiar with the steps to proceed.

CONS

- German / European legislation is slightly grey zone (hosting of data) - Pricing: there are less expensive options

Hamood

Information Technology and Services, 5,001-10,000 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed June 2024

Excellent solution but a bit pricy

PROS

Simple to use and doesnt take big effort to set up. Comprehensice application.

CONS

Doesn't always integration with all systems and can be expensive compared to others.

Lisa

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed May 2024

No need to wait for a signature. It's immediate!

Docusign helps us run our business smoothly and efficiently. It saves a lot of time when you and a customer can sign a document online.

PROS

I appreciate the ability to provide documents to customers and offer them the choice to sign and return proposals to finalize a sale.

CONS

I have nothing negative to say about Docusign.

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Easy to Use

PROS

The ease of adding my digital signature.

CONS

Nothing really, pretty much all good experiences

1 employee

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed October 2019

DocuSign-Good, but other options on the market

Overall, my experience with DocuSign as a solo was ok. It's an investment and there are other aps that can do the job for less or even free. My experience using it as a corporate tool for over 150 outside sales people was really good. It allowed us to provide an option to everyone and have a standard. Plus, it did incorporate with our contact generating and submitting program. That was very helpful! So, if you are looking for an enterprise wide options, DocuSign is a great product to consider. If you are a small business or solo, it might be overkill for you.

PROS

DocuSign is a great product. It has a lot of awesome features and makes signing contacts for outside sales people very easy. It also integrates with some CRM systems. We used it at my previous company and I helped to push the company adoption of the product. I had been using it and other programs/aps to allow my clients to sign a contract on my iPad, iPhone or their own smart phone/device. This saved a TON of time because there was no printing of paper and also no scanning of paper. I could turn around and email the contact right into the company!

CONS

DocuSign is more costly than other options and I did not use the paid version long before the company partnered with them to allow all outside sales to use it. There are less expensive and free aps out there that work as well for the basic features of signing a document from a smart device or touchscreen. DocuSign can also get complicated with a signature set up feature that takes a lot of time and is actually not necessary ... but you don't know that right away.

Reason for choosing Docusign

DocuSign had an option to work with our contract generating and submission database.

Reasons for switching to Docusign

our company made an enterprise wide purchase of DocuSign so I switched over to using it.

Jon

Management Consulting, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed April 2023

DocuSign is a Convenient and Secure E-Signature Solution

Overall, DocuSign is a great choice for those looking for an easy and secure way to sign documents. The authentication features are robust and the interface is intuitive and user-friendly.

PROS

DocuSign has made signing documents easier than ever. It's intuitive and user-friendly interface makes signing documents effortless. The encryption and authentication features ensure that documents are secure and safe from tampering.

CONS

The pricing for DocuSign can be expensive for businesses with large volumes of documents. Additionally, the learning curve to understand all the features can be steep.

Reasons for switching to Docusign

DocuSign is superior to its alternatives in terms of ease of use, security, and authentication features. The intuitive interface and robust authentication features make it a great choice for those looking for an efficient and secure e-signature solution.

Hlengiwe

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2023

"Fast and trustworthy digital signature technology"

The ability to generate pre-made contract templates that only need specific information to be filled out and sharing with the target users for their signatures. The time it takes to review, sign and report is reduced significantly especially for those super urgent tasks.

PROS

I really appreciate how easily DocuSign interacts with our existing docs. The regulatory compliance that underpins DocuSign's signature capabilities is another thing that really stands out to me as it offers us a sense of security and confidence in our business dealings.

CONS

The inability to assist users who have used Docusign to apply to several firms and have forgotten their password. You need to contact Docusign directly which is really a nightmare.

Reasons for switching to Docusign

Being able to send and sign from virtually anywhere in the world using any device. People would struggle to sign using Adobe on their mobile phones. So with DocuSign they can easily sign with their mobile devices, hassle free.

Shayla

Internet, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed February 2023

Docusign speeds up the electronic signing of signatures

Our use of Docusign during contract signing has greatly simplified the gathering of customer signatures. A number of critical steps, including document creation and identity verification, are taken care of automatically by the software.

PROS

With Docusign, my team is able to make use of Docusign Identify, which allows for the safe verification of customers prior to gathering their signatures on legal contracts. With Docusign Identify, we can verify signers' identities before they finalize contracts.

CONS

When it comes to electronically transmitting and signing legally binding papers, I find that Docusign really shines. To my complete delight, this program has exceeded my expectations for the results it has given my team.

Reasons for switching to Docusign

Incredibly simple process for sending and receiving signed documents, as well as a clear inbox to track all signed and unsigned documents. accessing your files from any device and keeping them all in one place.

Deirdre

Staffing and Recruiting, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed October 2020

Notifications

Overall, I like DocuSign. I've used Adobe for the majority of my career. However, DocuSign has many features that Adobe does not have. I find it to be user-friendly, and so far, have not had any particular issues.

PROS

The software has a lot of great features. One of my favorites, for instance, is how easy it is to correct an error. For instance, if I forget to attach a document, I can go back and attach it without having to start all over again with the set up process. Same thing can be said if I need to add a recipient. I can go back and correct the setup and the recipient, determine if they will receive a copy of the document or will be signing. I will then at the moment, just click "re-send" and be done with it. After the recipient views and/or sign the document, I will get a notification. Another feature I like, is the fact that you do not need to upload documents. You can drag and drop it. You can also send bulk envelopes and share envelopes between DocuSign users. With DocuSign, you can also get a history of your transaction, which is great. It shows when the envelope was created, sent, viewed, completed, re-sent, corrected and more.

CONS

You do not receive a notification once a document has been sent as you would with Adobe. However, it is possible if you do the following. For the signing order, enter a #1 for you or other person and select "CC Receives a Copy." Doing so enables that person to receive a notice that the document has been sent. You will continue and enter a #1 as well for the signee. If there is a second signee, you would enter a #2.

Reasons for switching to Docusign

Company felt that DocuSign has more/better feature and is not as costly.

Reviewed May 2021

Difficult to Implement and Integrate

DocuSign is great from the end-user perspective, but they'll leave you high and dry after you sign a contract. Their support is non-existent, and it's difficult to implement any package that falls outside of the most basic DocuSign packages.

PROS

As an end-user, DocuSign is easy to use and navigate. We've been using DocuSign for years, but recently installed the CFR Part 11 Module. One of the only good things about the module is that if it is enabled, it will not allow you to do anything that is not CFR part 11 compliant. DocuSign also has a large library of resources (more about that below in the Cons...)

CONS

DocuSign was extremely difficult to integrate with our software. The APIs, SDKs, etc were easy to understand and implement, but we seemed to hit roadblocks in unexpected places. Some examples: - Before implementation, our account exec at DocuSign ensured that we could continue to use our existing DocuSign accounts, and that they would transfer them over to the new module. Months later, we are still having trouble with this and the issue has not been solved - DocuSign has a large library of resources that are great for the most basic use cases of DocuSign (no integration, manual workflow, non-CFR part 11, etc). Past that, there are very limited resources. We were assigned (and paid for) a designated account manager and support, but every time we reach out to them, they direct us to the documentation. We're then stuck in a loop because the documentation says, "For CFR Part 11 specifics, please reach out to your Account Manager" I could go on and on....

Nick

Mental Health Care, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2021

Bridging the Gap Between a Traditional and a Modern Workplace

When I was hired on, one of my primary tasks was to develop a way to take four separate facilities with their own unique filing systems and their own administrative procedures that were rooted business practices from the 1960s, and transform them into a single company run from a centralized office with all data storage to be accomplished via the cloud. We designed the infrastructures of the various sites, implemented multilevel reporting systems, and began determining what needs we had for file transfer and storage, and how to accomplish obtaining staff and client signatures on the inordinate number of daily forms required for our operations to be successful. Being able to securely sign documents electronically, have them authenticated and time stamped, then routed to the correct recipient was a feature that we did not know we needed and did not completely believe that we wanted it. Because of the vast array of Options on DocuSign, we soon realized that if we familiarized ourselves with its capabilities, we could quickly determine the best way to choose the software and hardware that we would be installing at each site. This was a tremendous blessing in disguise for me. We projected that between meetings with consultants and contractors, staff members, and executive staff, it would take us 7-10 days to develop the system we would ultimately use. By becoming familiar with the DocuSign training literature, our team was able to develop and place orders before the end of day

PROS

When I took the position of Clinical Director at this inpatient substance abuse treatment facility, I was presented with the unenviable task of taking four separate and distinct facilities--located across three counties--and streamlining their processes, allowing all executive and administrative functions to be handled at a single office. Near the very top of my list of potential hurdles was deploying a strategy to have all paperwork sent to and processed by our central office within 48 hours. Prior to deploying DocuSign, this project was a nightmare for all involved. Some staff sent in paperwork via e-mail without the necessary signatures or time stamps. Some staff printed out hundreds upon hundreds of pieces of paper, gathered the required signatures, then physically drove the documents to our central office. We were watching time and money disappear due to inefficiency. With DocuSign, these problems disappeared nearly overnight. Staff receive alerts to inform them of the necessary paperwork they must attend to, and they can immediately access the information, verify it, and digitally sign it. A process that cost our company multiple hours a week and resulted in countless missing or incorrect documents was radically transformed into a model of efficiency simply by utilizing DocuSign.

CONS

I firmly believe that for organizations that are currently using some sort of digital file management system, there would be absolutely no difficulty in integrating DocuSign with their current business practices. Our company was at a disadvantage initially because we were not only implementing DocuSign but also making a full transition from traditional filing cabinets and folders to a cloud based system. Attempting to determine the best and most efficient ways to integrate DocuSign with the other software we were simultaneously rolling out was a challenge. Luckily, DocuSign had ready-made instructions that walked us through the implementation step by step.

keith