Browse Formsite Reviews

Johnny from Prayer House Coffee

Formsite was flawless

Formsite allowed us to seamlessly connect potential leads to our program with our staff.

Pros

Ease of use. How well it worked. It just did the job.

Cons

The software worked up to our standard. No cons at all.

Brian from Omnitech Inc

Save and Return feature along with an ease to understand UI = Powerful form building

I enjoyed building forms with Formsite and for the most part, I can do everything I need to do to support my clients needs quickly and far cheaper than custom software development. I would recommend it to anyone to at least evaluate against the many other form building software as a service type systems out there.

Pros

The save and return feature is incredibly useful and was essential to allowing me to build my form so end users could return to see their results and verify their status (after an admin reviewed and approved/denied). It also allowed me to build follow up forms which were a breeze to start using the export/import features.

Cons

The save and return is fantastic, but it only works for a single form. So if you want a user to effectively have a form "library" under one account, its not possible. This can be circumvented by continuing to build on an existing form as needed, just start the end user at the right question.

Reasons for Choosing Formsite

The save and return feature was critical for my clients needs. I also had experience with Formsite before from previous client engagements and they perform well and provide a rich feature set that I know how to work within.

Response from Formsite

Replied September 2021

Hello, Thank you for the review! We love hearing from customers and we're always available to answer any questions at support@formsite.com.

Irene from Ashburn Village Community Association

December 2021

Formsite - keeps the work flowing through our organization

Formsite was already in place when I took my position with the HOA. Everything I know about it was self taught. (not very easy either) Formsite does allow for easy workflow between departments. the reporting feature is essential to us as we need to have tracking on all the forms as to when received, when assigned and when completed. The notes section also allows for additional information to be entered on each individual form. Honestly, I am not sure I would have picked this product for our office if I had been given a choice.

Pros

Formsite allows our homeowners to submit change requests and other concerns directly through our website. No special log in is required by the homeowner unless they want to get to the "homeowners' only" section of the forms. These would be for exterior modifications. Otherwise, anyone living in the community can access the forms on the website and submit a street light outage, concern or kudos. Formsite allows the admin to determine the fields to be displayed on each form and has an auto reply feature to let the submitter know that they have completed the process. This is key for us as we have over 5500+ homes and we can not personally reply to every submission. Formsite does that for us.

Cons

When creating a form from scratch, the system is cumbersome and the wording used to define the fields does not always make sense. I personally have gotten so frustrated with the process of creating a new form, that I have taken to copying an existing form and then adding, deleting or editing the fields I need to. Even after 5 years of using this software, I do not feel confident in creating a new form from scratch. and I would really like to have that feeling.

Easy and Simple Form Capture

While designed primarily as an intake form, our marketing department attempted to use Formsite to provide details for creative work orders with limited success. Formsite worked well for basic webforms, contact data collection, and customer surveys. I would recommend Formsite for any small to medium sized business looking to create webforms and aggregate data via Zapier integrations to more powerful platforms.

Pros

The setup of web forms for lead capture, surveys, and contact data is simple. The administrative back end is straight forward and intuitive. Formsite main features can be navigated without much training. Setting up basic forms is quick and easy, this is the greatest strength of Formsite. Integrations via Zapier allow for greater power when Formsite is applied to automation platforms such as Hubspot for marketing or Google Sheets for "if this then that" workflows.

Cons

There are limitations to Formsite in customization. User permissions were limited, but usable and scalable.

Gibran Khalil from Title One Management

December 2021

We really enjoyed Formsite! The custom .PDF and workflow really worked for us.

The whole filling up pdfs automatically really was an amazing experience + paired up with the fact that you can let the user sign the form, it really eases up time if you are handling official documents that need to be filled ASAP.

Pros

To be able to fill our own .pdf with our company's info, logo and wording with Formsite's form answers. The workflow takes a while to get used to, but once you have everything set up automatically, it speeds things up and gives you reliable information that can be put in any document you want.

Cons

Only the packages pricing. At the end it was something that we had to let go because of how much entries we had and how much we were spending on it. It is worth it if you have a big corporation that has a lot of form entries on a daily basis.

Easy To Create Complicated Forms

I have been using Formsite in 2 different jobs and for years. It is easy to embed the forms and get them very close to how you want them to look. Making the logic driven forms makes us look like a bigger company than we are. There are a lot of use cases for forms from leads to surveys to job applications that we use this for.

Pros

It is easy to build forms with rules and logic. It integrates with an increasing amount of other software platforms and the customer service is great. Being able to fully customize the notifications and success pages is really intuitive. It seems like they have thought of almost everything.

Cons

The design of the forms are a little out of date and don't respond to mobile in as pretty of a way as I would like. There could be more advanced verification of fields too like SSN and matching zip to cities. Also autofill doesn't always work with these but that may be a bug.

Reasons for Choosing Formsite

I was really comfortable with it and knew it had all of the features I would need. Many form products aren't very flexible but this one is.

Sasha from Sasha Wood

Easy to use Form Builder

I like using this site and product, its been made very easy to use for not technically minded people.

Pros

Copy and paste links to easily send to your clients. Clients can fill out the form on their mobile device which people appreciate. I like that its easy for clients to use and the forms get filled out correctly.

Cons

It would be good to recieve an email when someone has filled in a form, you have to visit the site and check if it's been done. But thats not really a big deal.

Ease of use.

Reasons for Switching to Formsite

I found the other product hard to use.

Response from Formsite

Replied June 2021

Hello, thank you for the review. You can set up the form's Notification emails to receive a message after each successful result.

Becca from The Salvation Army - Ontario Division

Formsite Review

Formsite has been a great way for us to create and collect references for prospective staff. It's great that we can create what we want, and then simply provide a link to those completing the form. It's really made things simple for us.

Pros

Formsite allowed us to create our own online fillable forms with our own questions. It stores the answers online so it is easy to review and keep. I also really like that it sends an email once a form has been submitted so you know that it's complete.

Cons

The responses are stored within formsite and I am unsure of the options to import those to your PC, so this may be a con for some. You might find the completed form alert annoying if you expect a lot of forms to be submitted but you may be able to turn this off.

Response from Formsite

Replied March 2021

Hello, thanks for your review! The Notification emails sent after the form is submitted is not the initial behavior, so any emails you receive would have been set up by the account owner. You're welcome to disable those at any time and either receive a daily summary email or nothing at all. The default behavior is to collect the results data in the form's Results Table, then you can export them for local use as often as you want from the Results -> Export page. Thanks again for the good words and feel free to ask any questions at support@formsite.com.

Jane from Bigfluffydogs.com

Lately improved

Extensive use in our group to track applications and contracts. Clients had problems completing the forms on smartphones because the information would sometimes "slide" between questions. This issue has apparently been addressed in upgrades. Takes awhile to get familiar with its numerous features.

Pros

A number of ways to track and search data. The volume of information it can be formatted to gather.

Cons

One thing. When we add data to the form, it requires you to go all the way to the end of the form to update it. Have update option at beginning AND end of a form.

Formsite gave us a platform to organize numerous miscellaneous requests that come in daily.

This software has allowed us to organize our marketing requests on one platform.

Pros

There is a ton of functionality in Formsite. You can pretty much create any type of form with plenty different styles of questions.

Cons

Becuase of the level of customization that is available, it can get very confusing. The set up is probably necessary to carry out the customization, but it can get overwhelming. Exporting reports to excel is a little bit of a pain. I would enjoy more customization there.

Sergio from Grupo SJ Mall Virtual 360 S.A.

The best software for forms on earth without hesitation

The best software for forms on earth without hesitation. If someone does not like it, there are 2 options: Or selected the wrong software profile (customer mistake) or did not use it at all. If you need forms online for surveys, take massive registration and why not, use it as a landing page in a marketing funnel, you will not find any other option better than this, I promise you that.

Pros

- Easy to use. - Amazing features. - The best support on earth. - Only pros, no cons at all.

Cons

- No cons at all, only pros (I have used it for more than 4 years) and have not find any con so far.

Janet from Arizona Osteopathic Medical Association

Formsite - more than forms

I have used this product for over ten years and prefer it to others on the market. It is great for a simple registration form and surveys. Also works well for uploading documents and information that needs to be gathered from members. We are very satisfied with the functionality.

Pros

Very simple to create surveys and forms. The variety of forms gives flexibilty to quickly and easily use it for multiple purposes. Able to customize with your own graphics. Appearance can be fun and whimsical or very corporate-looking. There are affordable options for any size business or organization.

Cons

The Save and Return feature needs improvement as it can be confusing for users to figure out how to reopen their responses once they have closed it. Also, the platform doesn't take the user back to where they left off; they need to page through all the previous responses to get to first uncompleted section. We have requested this enhancement.

Conrad from Conrad Williams llc

Great way to customize release forms

Pros

I run a niche business that has specific needs for liability waiver forms. This gives me the ability to quickly get the client signed off and move on.

Cons

Once we had reached a certain limit, the software did not accept any more forms on the tablet. I had to change my preferences in the field and made a log jam while trouble shooting. A warning that we were getting close would have been helpful.

Response from Formsite

Replied April 2018

Thanks for the review! Our system sends an email to the account email address when you approach your results limit for the form. We don't send multiple emails for multiple forms, however, so if you received a warning email recently for that or another form then you wouldn't have seen this one. Also, the message may have been filtered by your email account and you may find it in your spam folder. Thanks again and feel free to contact us at any time with any questions: https://www.formsite.com/contact.html

Meagan from Becovic Management Group

Formsite

It has made my job as a leasing manager much more organized for tenant move ins.

Pros

The forms are so incredibly user friendly and they are perfect for gaining the information that we need from our tenants.

Cons

I suppose it would be nice to have the ability to make the forms a little bit more "exciting" or personalized to some degree.

Alan from First Assembly of God

Formsite...a GREAT product!

Pros

I really like having the ability to create our own online registration forms for different events that we host. From start to finish, I can have registration for an event up and running in just a few minutes. I also really like the ability to download the data that's captured on the registration forms, so that I can manipulate in my own spreadsheet.

Cons

Absolutely nothing. Formsite is a great product and I highly recommend!

Response from Formsite

Replied July 2019

Thanks for the review and the good words! We love hearing from people who find our service useful. If you ever have any suggestions for how to make our service better or questions we can help with, feel free to contact us from https://www.formsite.com/contact. Thanks again!

Elizabeth from Palmetto Dunes POA

Very easy to use

I've used this with many different companies and always had great results.

Pros

Drag and drop to set up forms is very easy to use. Simple user interface. Easy to edit results. Easy to integrate with authorize.net

Cons

You have to upload any images you want to use on an external server and then pull the url into formsite, which takes an additional step.

Response from Formsite

Replied October 2019

Hello, thanks for the review. To address your comment about images, you can upload your images into your Formsite account's User menu -> Files & Images page to use them with your forms or Notifications. You don't need to use an external server, although you can if the images are already there. Thanks again!

Keith from Motor Coach Jobs

Great product, tons you can do with it, easy to embed

I use formsite.com for all my forms for my website. There is so many features I cant begin to list them, but it is super easy to create forms, share forms, set up notifications, results, etc. Easy to embed into my website, easy to edit (which automatically edits the embedded form on my website). Have not had to use the customer support because it's very self explanatory.

Pros

Very Customizable, easy to share and embed. Can set up notifications for multiple people for part or all of each result.

Cons

Price goes up if you need more forms or a larger amount of results or more GB.

Kathleen from Pasadena Tournament of Roses

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Great Product for any kind of form

I use it for so many things, and the continue to upgrade the features, which is nice. I really could not work without it now.

Pros

It is so flexible and lets me customize the look and feel of my forms as well as create applications, surveys, etc. All the different options for drop-down, radio buttons, signature blocks, the ease of including photos and images are so great. I keep finding more ways to use it.

Cons

tech support is not great, you can't call and talk to someone, which is really frustrating sometimes.

Colleen from Wisconn Valley Media Group

Better options are out there

Overall we had an okay experience with formsite. While we found better options that worked better for us, we never had any major problems with this product.

Pros

Formsite made it easy for us to create and share online forms easily, and the ability to get responses emailed to the point person on a project or promotion was great. There are a lot of options for customizing your form.

Cons

For the price, I was not impressed. We had a paid plan and it just ended up not being worth it. We found there are better options for little to no cost.

karissa from Thurston Economic Development Council

It is fine for small events but forget trying to organize anything where people sign up in groups

Pros

User-friendly, works for individual sign-ups.

Cons

Export file is not reliable, payment status unreliable, customer support was just plain unhelpful. When you have multiple people sign up in one form, there is no way to export the file and have all the names in one column. We make name tags and check people in for our events and having the file exoprt the names into column z when other names are in column b just doesn't work! I asked if this is something I could have assistance with from customer service and I got a "NO". not helpful thanks....

Response from Formsite

Replied December 2017

Thank you for reviewing Formsite. To clarify, there is a way to do what you describe, which is to design the form to collect a single person per submission. Each result is recorded on its own row and there isn't a way to change how the system works, so the solution is to work with the system to get the results you want. Our customer service explained that and did not reply with a "NO", as your message seems to indicate. It's definitely possible to do what you ask and we even have a blog post with instructions: https://blog.formsite.com/2016/11/18/allow-multiple-answers-formsite-form/ The other solution we proposed was to explore how to work with your results export file with Excel to format your results as you need.

Kendra from Travel Oregon

Industry: Government Relations

Great use for sponsorship applications

We mainly use it for sponsor & exhibitor sales for our conferences.

Pros

The flexible use of conditional logic on the form and in emails. This allows you to creat unique experiences for the user.

Cons

If a payment doesn’t go thru, there is no way to troubleshoot through Formsite. Additionally, if not using a login for customers, they cannot save and return to their application, which if not completed, will take items out of inventory.

Great for surveys, inquiry forms, etc.

Pros

Several things I love about this program - it's online based so I can access anywhere, the document uploader is amazing (great if a client wants to submit a photo of inspiration to us), and it's super easy to get a new form created.

Cons

Once a form reaches it's maximum amount of results we have to clear out the old results. Totally understandable however it would be great if a notification got sent out when you get close to reaching that maximum.

Response from Formsite

Replied February 2018

Thanks for the review. The system does send out an email when your form is approaching the results limit. Check your spam folder to make sure it's not being filtered. Thanks again!

Not for complicated responsive forms

Pros

Form responses are encrypted by default.

Cons

The reason I didn't stick with Formsite is because I was trying to create a fairly complicated, responsive intake form for my law firm, and there's no way to edit rules for more than one item at a time—meaning that you have to create a rule for every single item individually. That's all fine and good if you're building a short, simple form, but I wasted an entire day messing around with Formsite without getting very far on my intake form. Maybe I could've eventually created an amazing form, but I think it would've taken me a week to get there, and I don't have that kind of time.

Response from Formsite

Replied September 2018

Thanks for considering us and for the review. Yes, item rules and page rules can only be created on individual rules, but the rules are only used to show or hide items so not every item needs a rule. For forms with a large number of items, combining them on separate pages is typical to make for easier completing and you can set up the page rules to skip pages if needed. You don't mention the problem you had with responsive forms. Our forms are mobile-friendly and responsive by default so they're easily completed on all devices. My recommendation is to always contact the customer support people if there are any questions about how to do things. Our support staff is always ready to provide suggestions and answers. https://www.formsite.com/contact.html Thanks again!

Excellent software for good looking forms

Pros

This creates the most flexible, clean looking forms out there. After trying several other form creators I came back to this one. I can create a form to match any type of branding. The notifications are instant and reliable.

Cons

The software is a little pricey for a low use user like myself. I only needed this to create a reliable web contact form.

Response from Formsite

Replied April 2018

Thanks for the review! Note that we have a Free service level that allows for indefinitely free service. Send any questions to our support staff at https://www.formsite.com/contact.html.

Angela from Mt. Carmel Church

Useful form builder

I've used Formsite for quizzes, surveys, sign-ups, and an in-depth 102 question assessment. Worked well each time.

Pros

It's pretty easy to get started. They offer a free version which is great if you want to try before you buy. You will have to upgrade to get the added features and to be able to get more submissions. Drag and drop concept like other web builders.

Cons

It took a while to get used to the validation codes. I think it is a little behind the times in that area. But works if you have the patience to link each cell together.

Works Great for the Most Part

Pros

Its great to get information quickly with a link. Building the forms are pretty easy.

Cons

I hate the layout of viewing all of your forms, it gets confusing. Some settings for each form are in very random places. It is one of those sites that you have to check EVERYTHING before saving. The settings drive me nuts.

Jonathan from 60 Minutes of Art Cares

Formsite is an amazing tool

Pros

I absolutely love formsite because it is incredibly easy to use , there are an array of valuable tools and the platform allows for the creation is aesthetically pleasing forms.

Cons

No cons at all, I am overall happy with form site; it's an amazing tool that we use on the daily for all of our need.

Response from Formsite

Replied April 2018

We love hearing reviews like this! Thanks for choosing Formsite.

Brian from findCRA

Comprehensive form builder for small businesses and startups!

Pros

Formsite is a great tool if you'd like to embed a comprehensive or simple form on your website. We used it to create a fairly complex online application and it had great flexibility for our needs. It has powerful conditional formatting and overall the value for the functions and features is worth it.

Cons

The design interface for the tool took a little while to get used to using. It is a drag and drop, but building the fields and the conditional formatting was something that had a small learning curve.

Holly from The granite guy

Great features

Pros

Formsite is a little pricey, but it makes embedding and utilizing every function you'd want from a fort very simple . Includes piping, auto responses, rules,m and anything you'd need. You can create unique forms and get results exactly the way you want them.

Inexpensive, but very clunky

We use this for grant submissions. The software is cheap, but difficult to use. There aren't a lot of built-in helpful features.

Pros

We chose this because of the price in comparison to other software. I like the export options. I like the attachment options.

Cons

It's not very user friendly. It has a long way to go in terms of interface and functionality. The pricing options really don't fit with what I want. I need 1-2 forms with lots of submissions and data space.

September 2015

Joanna from Impact Marketing Group, Inc.

September 2015

Formsite is Excellent

I've been using Formsite to develop customized online survey for years and I couldn't rate them more highly! The surveys look professional and they offer all the options I've ever needed, including branching to scoring to signature blocks. Plus, their customer support is excellent - I have always gotten a response to support questions within hours, even on holiday weekends.

Katie from STAR Services

Love the variety of options

Pros

This is the perfect way to build a custom form with little coding experience necessary. So pleased with the forms on my site now, they ask exactly what I want, in the order.

Cons

The only thing I could say is a wider variety of text box and entry boxes might be nice, just to customize the aesthetics a little more.

April 2016

Ketty from STAR Services

April 2016

Functional and Flexible

I've had a great experience with FormSite building everything from training registration forms to employment application. It's easy to use and customize to meet a variety of needs.

Stephanie from Telus International

Industry: Market Research

Simple to use

Pros

I liked that the software allowed me to use Autofill so that I could hit one button and all my information was filled in on the form.

Cons

I liked all aspects of this software. There wasn't one aspect I didn't like.

Ketty from Independent Consultant

Variety of functions

I've used form site with a number of my clients. It's great for everything from web registration to surveys to job applications.