• Pros

• "Good features and good functionality. Very good for integrating with google sheets and google drive to make systems more efficient. "

• "Formstack is pretty reliable. I can set it and forget it. It is pretty easy to make fairly complex forms with intelligent conditionals."

• "The simplicity of Formstack is its greatest benefit. It is extremely simple to set up, use (on the client-facing side), and receipt. "

• Cons

• "It does offer a free trial however, I would rather use Google Forms. With me having a Google account, I can be able to make a form for free versus paying for it with Formstack."

• "We didn't have any paper-based issues with Formstack. Formatting the look of the forms themselves was a bit of a pain sometimes with limited options available in the interface."

• "Wish there were a better way to archive old forms to store the data and save for future use."

Browse Formstack Reviews

Mary from Comprehensive Securities Compliance Solutions, Inc. dba CS2

Formstack is crucial to an efficient small business

Formstack allows us to automate tasks that we used to do manually, like sending information to prospective clients, gathering detailed information from current clients, sending a series of steps in a project, etc. It is a great value for the money, and is relatively easy to use. We have used it for several years and can't imagine being without it - it is critical to an efficient work flow for a small business, and a lot less expensive than paying an admin to do the same tasks.

Pros

In addition to the ability to build powerful forms using conditional logic, the greatest strength of Formstack (and probably most overlooked) is how a small business can use the response features to automate tasks they are currently wasting time doing manually. For example, you can use Formstack to create a contact form that lets a prospect choose what type of service they are interested in. Using the conditional logic, you can create automatic responses based on what they select (or where they are located, or whatever variable is important in your business) that include additional information -- links to videos, documents, whatever -- instead of having to pay someone to follow up with each contact individually. You can also use this to string together steps in a process: they complete Form 1, and then automatically receive an email confirmation with the link for Form 2, and so on. This functionality has saved our small company hundreds of hours of human time, AND increased customer numbers. For all the value we get out of it, Formstack is a bargain. It's one of those "how did we live without this" tools.

Cons

The look of the webforms themselves is dated - it would be nice if they would invest in some contemporary looking designs so the user sees something more sleek. Also the ability to have self-tallying forms, where someone could check boxes and it would total a dollar amount for a quote, would be fantastic.

Response from Formstack

Replied January 2018

Hi Mary! Thank you for leaving a wonderful review! We love seeing happy clients! This article may help with your self-tallying forms concern: https://support.formstack.com/customer/portal/articles/2545508. If this doesn't help, please feel free to reach out to our awesome Support team, who will do everything they can to help!

Overall, formstack was a great choice for our organization. We've setup and deployed dozens of forms for both public facing use and internal use.

Pros

Formstack's form builder is easy to use and has a lot of integration options. Our form building users range from not-so-tech savvy to power users and both are able to create forms with ease.

Cons

Lack of variety with field types. While formstack isn't a "survey" tool, it's a form tool, I think they could implement a lot of field types that survey tools use and make it easier to use a single platform for all form/data collection needs.

Reasons for Choosing Formstack

While FormAssembly came highly recommended for it's well built Salesforce integration, we found for our needs Formstack was nearly as capable and the pricing per user was much better. With Formstack we get 10 user accounts where I believe a similar price range with Formassembly was for a single user.

Response from Formstack

Replied July 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are in the process of updating our survey capabilities with advanced features and field types. We will announce the updates as soon as they are available.

Lots of Features

Great options for communicating with your survey users - you can set it so they are automatically emailed a response and also customize the landing page they are taken to after completing the survey.

Pros

There's a lot you can do with forms using this program. You can customize the URL of the form and easily embed it into other sites.

Cons

Sometimes when I duplicated forms, I noticed that the logic would get lost. This was frustrating as I would have to go through the form again to add the missing parts of the logic back. We also always had problems with people who saved their surveys being able to access them again.

Melissa from AACA

Mislead by Staff in regards to Infusionsoft Integration, Won't Provied Refund From Their Mistake

Everything up until discovering that the product was not as promised was good. The people I dealt with were kind and pleasant to work with. It was clear that they were under the same impression I was, they communicated this to me via email, apologized for the mess up and tried to make it better. However, the only thing that would make it better is a refund as I was still paying for all the other systems that this one was intended to replace but without the integration there was no reason why I would change and pay more for what I already had set up and in use. The whole purpose of changing was to consolidate and send the data to my CRM without using an integration tool so that we can create a HIPAA compliant integration and start sending patient data between the forms and the CRM which was not a possibility all along, or at least not at the price they quoted me but they never fixed the issue which was a major disappointment given the otherwise positive experience with their staff.

Pros

I initially liked working with the people, for the most part, I think the ones I delt with are more or less at the mercy of their employer and it appeared as though they were mislead on the capabilities so I don't hold them responsible.

Cons

I only discovered them by researching systems that integrated with Infusionsoft. After several discussions and the sales person researching the uses I needed and whether or not Formstack could provide those solutions, it was determined that it does offer the integration with infusionsoft and that we could build a form that we can use for checking clients in for appointments, collecting information through intake documents, onboarding new staff and clients. We discussed at length using the forms to collect patient data that could sync with our CRM, Infusionsoft and this was all confirmed. The price was quoted to me that would include Formstack, Docs, and Sign. It was more than I was paying for an electronic document system, an electronic check in system, an integration tool, and an onboarding / training tool however the convenience of consolidating all of these into one platform was the reason I purchased it. After a full month of trying to set it up with my rep, talking to the strategic accounts manager, more testing with my set up rep, it was finally determined that integration with infusionsoft was an additional custom coding project and would cost hundreds more a month. This was not what was communicated, I was invited to meetings with the developers to sell me an integration, I asked for a refund and and was happy to talk once they had the integration they advertised. They agreed but never gave me the refund. Their mistake cost me about $2,000 for an unusable product.

Reasons for Choosing Formstack

I intended to replace IntakeQ, theReceptionist, Tranual, and Zapier for Formstack and integrate all of these into Infusionsoft without needing Zapier and also being able to integrate the forms that would allow patient data integrated with Infusionsoft. Something we are unable to do now with Zapier. So, I did not end up switching, overall I like those other programs but was looking to consolidate and streamline and since it wasn't possible I stuck with the other systems.

Alyssa from Fit & Kick

I like it!

We use this for new customer registration and have it attached to a payment portal. It's great because the customer can check box all the agreements and use one signature for everything. Families can fill out all their information and Pay in less than 5 minutes. HUGE time saver and we get more business, because people don't have to ever stop and come back to it or flip through pages. If you are a martial arts school and are trying to figure out how to do new student intake and payment without using the really expensive companies like Mind Body or Zen Planner. I highly recommend using along side a merchant system like MXmerchant or a couple of the others Formstack has listed on their website and is compatible with. You can look at my website to see how we have done it ourselves, and saves someone else all the headache we went through before coming up with this. https://www.fitandkick.com/

Pros

As soon as I started the trial it was easy to navigate through, and I could pretty quickly figure out what I was looking for. Everything is organized intuitively for a new user. That is probably what made me happiest about it. It also has great options for keeping data protected. That was something we struggles with a lot looking at other form generators. I can also generate a ton of different forms at no extra cost. I even use this if parents are signing for our annual potluck.

Cons

I don't get a lot of control manipulating the text for each field or heading. My biggest struggle is making the forms easy fora customers eyes to follow the page and be easy to fill out. When all the text is stuck the same size, the question and list of checkbox answers, it is kind of overwhelming, and customers in a hurry get lost and have to go back and re-read.

Price and ease of use.

Daniela from Jellyvision

Good for the price, but lacking in integration with Salesforce

Pros

One of the most cost-effective form tools we've found and extremely easy to use. I wish there was a bit more versatility to the type of questions you can add to a form, but overall it's pretty good!

Cons

Our chief complaint was how many workarounds we've had to use in order to get SalesForce integration to work for us. The Formstack for Salesforce product leaves MUCH to be desired (taking away all form customization available in regular formstack) and it has taken hours and multiple team members to be able to streamline our formstack to salesforce process. It's now pretty seamless but it shouldn't have taken that many resources for a simple form-to-opportunity functionality. This came from a frustration in the lack of functionality in list creation, updating, and note creation with Salesforce, none of which worked well at a high level within formstack.

Response from Formstack

Replied July 2018

Hi Daniela! Thank you for leaving us a review! We love hearing from customers. We do offer a 100% native Salesforce app that does not require any connectors or integrations. You can find information on that here: https://appexchange.salesforce.com/appxListingDetail?listingId=a0N3000000B5GNkEAN. Please feel free to leave any product enhancement ideas you have on our ideas site at: https://ideas.formstack.com. Thank you!

Formstack Review

Overall, Formstack gives me the ability to get responses from large groups of people in a seamless way.

Pros

What I like most about using this software is the ability to gather information digitally. You can send out a link to your form and multiple people can make responses. One of my favorite features of this software is the ability to extract the information as an excel. It give you information all the way down the the exact time that the person submitted their response to the form.

Cons

What I like least about this software is the inability to find certain settings. For example, it could be difficult to find out how to disable a form after a certain time or number of responses unless you already had knowledge of it.

Joel from Athens Convention and Visitors Bureau

Good Functionality for the Price

Pros

Formstack has all the functionality you need for basic question forms. It has numerous pre-configured fields that you can just drag and drop into your form. I really like the logic and how it is easy to understand and configure. The low price is hard to beat when needing a simple registration system.

Cons

There is no customized reporting. If you want to export any data from your form you have to export it all and then clean up the excel sheet to what you really want. I wish it had some more advanced functionality within the form that would make it versatile to use as a registration software.

Steve from Buckner Companies

Wonderful Form Tool

It's been great, an inexpensive way to extend Salesforce

Pros

Has worked great for extending the Salesforce Platform

Cons

I wish data limits were a little higher.

mark from Iroquois Springs

No better way to capture important data

Using Formstack has seamlessly allowed us to capture duch important information from new customers and staff members.

Pros

We use this product to have customers enroll and buy our product - simple, easy and clean way to capture all the important information and allow them to safely input credit card information for payment

Cons

I am concerned that Formstack is considering changing the way they permit the user to keep credit card information.

Kristen from Bloomerang

We use Formstack every day and we love it!

I love how easy Formstack is to use. Building forms is a breeze , the support is great, and we love that it integrates seamlessly with Unbounce to give us quality, high converting lead pages. Formstack has helped us refine and define our lead capture process and following up with qualified prospects has become even easier. We use Formstack for all of our lead capture across our whole website. Since starting with Formstack over a year ago, we're seen an average lead conversion rate of around 30% -- and these aren't just any leads, these are warm, marketing qualified leads.

Cons

We're happy with Formstack's functionality, however we're not a big fan of their updated Dashboard in the platform. We used to see a screenshot of big picture stats and our average conversion rate. Now we see a listing with each of our forms, but we don't feel like we're getting the value we used to get through this update.

Response from Formstack

Replied November 2016

Hi Kristen: We are thrilled that using Formstack has helped you refine/define your lead capture process. It's true that our updated Dashboard no longer has the big picture stats, as those stats represented the combined data of all of your forms, and we felt this was an outdated way to view performance. We hope this hasn't been too much of an inconvenience for you. We appreciate you taking the time to review our product.

Steven from Bloomerang

Favorite form provider!

Pros

Love Formstack! We switched from Wufoo and haven't looked back. While the investment was a bit steeper, it was worth it. The user-interface is extremely intuitive; multiple team members including myself were able to jump in right away with minimal orientation/training. We've had no issues with the service or support whatsoever.

Cons

If only to be nitpicky, canned reporting would be nice (conversions this month, conversions last week, etc.) rather than having to manually set the date range. Some sort of safeguard against bogus form completions (asdfasfj@asf;sdfsd.com) would be nice as well.

Response from Formstack

Replied November 2017

Hi Steven! Thank you for taking the time to review Formstack! We are thrilled that you love our product! We are continually updating our product and would love to hear from you with any ideas you have to improve the app. Please visit https://ideas.formstack.com.

Drew from Springfield Thunderbirds

Solid and helpful product

For myself, I use formstack more with our Boomer’s Kids Club and is the primary way for parents to sign their kids up and for us to collect payment along with their information for the sign up. The organization also uses this as a way to help sell group tickets. The link can be sent out to specific groups and is a way for individuals to purchase group rate tickets with all info and payment going directly to the account rep rather than having one individual collect all payments and distribute tickets. When fans purchase, they either select mail or will-call. All purchases are fulfilled and fans are seated as their orders come in.

Pros

This product is a way to help with group ticket purchases and a way for fans to sign up for our Kids Club.

Cons

Sometimes the formstack entry gets submitted twice. This happens more frequently than you’d expect, resulting in the customer being charged twice and our organization having to refund them.

Response from Formstack

Replied July 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We're sorry to see that this error has occurred more than once and would like to take a look to fix the issue. If you don't mind, please submit a ticket with our Support Team so they can jump into your account and investigate this error. You can do that here: https://help.formstack.com/hc/en-us Thank you!

Cancelled my account after 1 month -Most useless tech support of all time.

I missed numerous deadlines and opportunities to gain customers because I couldn't get these forms set up for the beginning of our school year (we're a music school and these were our registration forms). This has been my single worst customer service/support experience ever.

Pros

If it has worked, it would have been great that you can process credit cards right there in the form. It's also nice how you can save form sections, and there are many options for question/answer templates.

Cons

As soon as I started using Formstack, there was an issue with the payment processor integration where credit card transactions would not go through. I started out using Stripe, and when it didn't work, I contacted support, but none of their solutions fixed it, so I switched to Paypal. I then had the same issues with Paypal. I emailed back and forth with Support for a long time. They offered me the same 4 solutions repeatedly, all of which I tried. I explained to Support that these things weren't helping but it was as if they had amnesia and didn't remember they had already suggested the same things, which didn't work. I sent a message to the Sales team instead to see if they could get me in touch with a different Support professional who knew how to fix this problem (no phone #s on website). Sales said they would escalate the issue. When I didn't hear back for a week, I emailed again asking to cancel my account, and the Sales person said they had emailed support and that "the issue is with your payment processor," which of course I already knew and was the reason for my message in the first place. They continued to insist that the issue was with Paypal. I talked to Paypal support and the problem was not on their end. Many annoying issues with the form creation interface too- like to move questions you have to drag and drop by scrolling through the entire form. And the item/event purchase requires you to give the option of ordering more than one of each item.

Response from Formstack

Replied September 2018

Hi there, We feel just awful that you had this experience. I sent your review over to our Director of Customer Care. She had a meeting with all of the support team leads to go over your experience. She said she would really like to chat with you, on a call, and give you two months for free if you'd be at all interested, just to ensure you can get up and running again. Her email is Jessica.Haas@formstack.com. While we have won awards for our excellent customer support, your experience has pointed out some glaring issues we're taking care of immediately. We'd still love the chance to make this right for you, but understand if you're not interested. Either way, thank you for the review and helping us improve our customer support team!

Mark from Watermark Community Church

I heard you like forms in your forms

Great experience. We still use it for complex logic based forms immensely. It allows for so many if statements to capture exactly what we want from the person filling out the form.

Pros

Ease of use. Drag and drop is something people just get. Training a staff member on how to build their own forms only takes a few minutes and they get the basics and are off to the races with their work quickly. When you empower your staff to do their job and more it means less work for you so you can focus on the things they can't do. LOGIC! Logic is amazing and so fluid and helpful.

Cons

Cost structure. We have lots of small forms and lots of users, but formstacks structure does not like that. If you build fewer forms and lots of responses it works great. Lots of forms with smaller reponses you hit the cost barriers quickly. Of course if you delete the data it works fine, but if you give formstack as a tool to your staff and you don't want to manage the amount of forms it becomes unwieldy quickly.

All the Basics You Need for Your Data Collection

Making the move from paper-based forms and needing to collect increasingly complex data, Formstack was able to meet and then exceed our expectations. The data export features were just what we needed at that time.

Pros

Formstack allows users to customize forms to meet their needs. It simplifies both the form design and the collections process. For form design, it offers an intuitive interface that is easy to get started with and includes many ways to control the behaviour of each section on the form. What we liked most about FormStack was the quality control features they had built in to make that forms were being used correctly. Submitted forms could either be approved or rejected before being added to the data pool.

Chris from The Arbor Company

Great way to consolidate forms

Formstack has been great to integrate all of our company's internal forms. We don't use it, customer -facing, though. I've been happy with it.

Pros

It is easy to use for the most part and the forms look nice. They are better than the cheaper-feeling system we used in the past.

Cons

I wish it was easier to link common fields between forms so that if I update a pick list in one place it updates in the others. What they have makes it easy to create new forms but I do have to go back and update them when things change.

Greg from University Tees

While there are many form tools out there, formstack wins!

We needed a secure way to collect sensitive information for use by several departments while keeping the data secure. Formstack does this and makes it easy for the team.

Pros

The ability to encrypt submissions and the simplicity of configuring additional users to view submissions. Finance, operations, sales and customer service all use Formstack and onboarding / training these departments was super easy. We set everything up in minutes. The form builder is super intuitive and easy to figure out. Our team loves the customization options around the email notifications. Would highly recommend.

Cons

I don't have any cons as it has served us well since day one.

Response from Formstack

Replied November 2018

Hi Greg! Thank you for taking the time to review Formstack! We are absolutely thrilled that you have had a great experience and have been able to utilize us for various teams across your organization.

Randall from TheHolyGeek.com

Best and Easiest to use Form and registration service that I have ever used

I have used Formstack since the have begun and really have seen them go from a great product to and even greater product through the years. I always explain it to say it is like Google Docs on Steroids. User interface is great and the customer service has always been amazing. Rather than spending an hour googling some solution to a problem I am having with a form I can always contact them by email or phone and get a great response spoon. The integration with third party services are great as well as the custom notification emails sent to attendees of events based on how they fill out their form. I can't recommend them enough for people who are trying to do online registration with groups of people.

Pros

Ease of Use. Integrations of third party services, customer service

Cons

Really not much. Any time I have had a negative I have called and they have fixed or shown me what to do.

Response from Formstack

Replied April 2017

Thank you for the wonderful review and for being a loyal customer!

Earle from Heartland Community Church

Uggh....

I wish I could tell a different story, but unfortunately,​ we had a terrible experience with the software and the "support" team.

Pros

It is completely web based. That is really the only good point about the solution.

Cons

Where do I begin? Our team who used this software constantly received Error: -1 (Submission could not be updated) when editing a form. This was our Care team and they were typing notes from a meeting, and this error would cause all the notes to be lost. We contacted support, and instead of being helpful, they blamed it on the browser (when we had tried all possible browsers (IE, Firefox, Opera, Chrome, Safari, and even Edge) and were able to replicate the issue on all of them. Then support said it was our internet connection. After receiving this error, we performed speed tests and were getting higher performance than what our contract said we should get (well above the recommendations Formstack had). Then they said it was because we were using a VPN (which we were not). After all of this, the next person told us to try a different browser, then test internet speed, and then turn off VPN. This nightmare went on for weeks when we finally cut ties with them.

Robert from ABODE Homestays

Forms made easy with Formstack

Pros

This web based form builder is more than that. It helps you create and collect information from forms that you customize. It also has various integrations that you can use to advance your forms the way it fits your organization. Super.

Cons

I did not have any big issues with using the web based form builder. Its simple and very easy to use. Literally drag and drop.

Great tool for creating custom forms that can be used standalone or integrated into an application.

Did not have to spend time developing forms, rather could iterate quickly trying to find the best UX to get data from our users.

Pros

There are a lot of field types that make it easy to construct complex forms and workflows. Add the automation options (webhooks etc) and the product becomes very powerful.

Cons

While we were able to integrate the product into our own software, we had to do some javascript magic to make it happen. If there was an easier way to include formstack forms into our custom software, the product would be near perfect.

Response from Formstack

Replied March 2018

We love to see happy clients and appreciate the great review. We do have webhooks and an API that may help moving forward. You can find that info here: https://www.formstack.com/features/webhooks-api. You can also reach out to our Support team at any time with any questions you may have. If you should have any recommendations to improve our product, please don't hesitate to add them to our Ideas site: https://ideas.formstack.com.

Chris from The Arbor Company

Forms...

Formstack is great if you need a central place to keep your internal company forms and have them conditionally email the responses to different inboxes.

Pros

Cons

The forms don’t look as modern as other form creation products.

Edwin from SECRET SNEAKER PTY LTD

Form got deactivated poor notice

Pros

Cons

I was moving from a different form generating software and so did the same that I was doing before. They have more sensitive information security which is good. I was given a warning and so I emailed back and after reading their info page re:information security about how I can comply with their policies. Replies were not succinct and while I was trying to figure out how to follow their rules they deactivated my form and disrupted the business operation. Sad face. And angry face at the same time I am sorry I live in Australia and it is 12am here when Formstack is operating. Sad and feel like they don't really care about me much.

Response from Formstack

Replied June 2018

We are sorry to hear about your experience. We pride ourselves on our excellent customer Support. If you should have any further issues or concerns, please reach out to our team at support@formstack.com. Please note that that we are moving towards 24-hour Support.

uses form to trigger work flow for contract management process

Pros

the ease with which one can develop a robust form that is easy for use by end users and does not have to have further training to use

Cons

it lacks a certain level of malleability when it comes to the structure and what is standard offerings (ex: i need 5 columns and it only has 4, unable to edit email sent out to end users)

Stuart from Colorado Department of Transportation

Pretty good product at a good price.

Formstack is fairly simple to use. Like all products, it has a pretty steep learning curve, but once you learn it it isn't too bad.

Pros

It's fairly simple to copy events to new forms. You can group events together in folders for convenience sake.

Cons

I'm frustrated by a number of problems and lack of features. For examples - The users can't modify their registrations. The confirmation emails are fairly limited in scope and functionality. You can't send emails to all registrants, you can hook up to a third party emailer, but that doesn't work for me with my emailer. There are others, but I don't want to sound like a basher. Overall I'm pretty happy and I make it work for my needs, but I am on the prowl for other solutions.

Glitchy, bad service, confusing!

I had a really stressful experience with Formstack. It has taken me over a month to create a form - that's not even finished. It glitches, it lags, there are technical difficulties even above their heads. Even though they in the end got on the phone with me, it took pushing and a lot of time that I did not have and then when it was created it still wasnt right. It is a never-ending battle and they have not offered to compensate $ wise which is unfortunate.

Pros

-It seems like a simple interface -For simple forms it works fine -It has many options and allows for all kinds of conditional logic -It collaborates with many plug-ins and Google apps -Customer service is kind

Cons

-There is no number to call for support -Emails for support take 24 hours plus for a reply -The logic if the form is complex gets super confusing -If the form is too long it lags -If you want to reorder the form it doesn't work properly - system glitches -It is 20 bucks a month for the bronze program but for the amount of stress that goes into building one of these and the price you may as well do something more old school like a survey monkey -I can't stress enough how aggravating it is to solve a tech problem with formstack, they are so slow and not always the most knowledgable although they are quite kind

Response from Formstack

Replied July 2019

Reviews left by our customers help us continue to improve our product and our customer support experience, so thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We're sorry to hear that responses from support were delayed, but assure you we continually work towards expanding our customer resources, so accounts without priority support included can still solve problems quickly. In the future, please don't hesitate to search our vast support library here: https://help.formstack.com/hc/en-us or reach out to us on our social media profiles to help expedite the support process. Please let us know if there's anything else we can help with. Thank you!

Michael from Macro Vegetarian

Industry: Food Production

Formstack Review - Overall really useful

Formstack is great - we use it in our small business for taking orders, website contact forms and integrations with google drive and freshbooks

Pros

Easy to use for the non coder, a lot of integrations and features

Cons

Has errors sometimes, but are quickly fixed.

Jonathan from The Master's University

Formstack is an easy way to register gifts, registration, and other transactions.

We are accepting payments, gifts, and facilitating registration/ticketing with Formstack, and although it needs some work on the presentation aspect, it is a great and economical tool for nonprofits.

Pros

Cons

The additional functionality and presentation are absent with Formstack. We still use Formstack (and will probably continue to use it) because it doesn't have many problems, but from the client-facing side, the forms can look like they are from the early 2000's.

Great tool, great customer support

Enabled us to capture information and have it automatically put into salesforce.com. The tool provided some features that we weren't able to get with just Salesforce such as attachment management (the ability to require attachments at various places in your form).

Pros

I used the FastForms version of this software. This software is fantastic for basic form needs that require salesforce integration. The software provides an easy to use form builder with a styling tool. Advanced customizations are possible with css and javascript.

Cons

Although it is great that we can customize with css and javascript it would be better if some basic things were included out of the box without requiring javascript or CSS. I'd like to see page specific styling and character counters as out of the box features that don't require custom CSS and javascript. However their customer support is fantastic and they went above and beyond to ensure that the customizations I needed were provided.

Response from Formstack

Replied November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review our Formstack for Salesforce app. It is an awesome product! We are continually updating our products, and would love to hear from you with any recommendations you may have. Please visit our ideas site at https://ideas.formtack.com and please define if your idea(s) are for the Formstack form builder or the Formstack for Salesforce app.

Bruce from SNAP Financial

Easy Custom Form Plug In

We truly haven't found any negatives with the software. It does exactly what we need it to do and we've yet to have any issues.

Pros

It is very intuitive to use and we were up and running in a day. We set up our first form and were able to review it with our team and implement it the next day.

Response from Formstack

Replied July 2017

We are thrilled that you love using Formstack! We've updated our product with lots of new add-ons, such as workflows (https://www.formstack.com/add-ons/workflows), so check out the Product section of our website to learn more about all of these great new features.

Karen from Episcopal Diocese of Kansas

Formstack has freed my time up for other projects!

I love Formstack. We went from an entirely paper-based registration system to using Formstack and now I only get 1 or 2 paper registrations a year (instead of 500+). It was intuitive and easy to set-up. So far, there have been options for everything I want to do. Plus, I can then keep digital records of my registrations instead of having files, and files, and files of paper. I particularly love the "emails and notifications" feature that allows me to set-up automatic notifications to each of my 45 parishes whenever someone registers, plus automatically send a detailed registration confirmation, another time saver for me! I've also used the Google-docs sync feature to communicate registrations to other people I work with across the state. I can set it up to share only what they need and keep other information private. I use the download to Excel and download to PDF functions to save data and manipulate data as needed. I loved using Formstack so much, I converted everyone in my office to it as well, and now we offer online registration for everything. Hello 21st Century!

Response from Formstack

Replied April 2017

Thank you for sharing your success using Formstack! We're glad we've been able to free up some of your time for other projects!

Kenneth from Centralina Workforce Services

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Great tool and easy to use. Very versatile from simple forms to event registrations.

Pros

Ease of use; Ability to change quickly and in realtime; Mobile functionality; Reporting able to generate multiple formats.

Cons

Difficult to add graphics to customize form headings; Links to form names are in multiple places; Submit function not intuitive.

Response from Formstack

Replied November 2017

Thank you Kenneth for taking the time to review Formstack! We love to see satisfied customers! We are sorry to hear that there are a couple of areas that are more challenging. Here are some references that may help: https://support.formstack.com/customer/portal/articles/1619774 https://support.formstack.com/customer/en/portal/articles/1260843 https://www.formstack.com/blog/2016/spotlight-on-submit-actions/ https://support.formstack.com/customer/portal/articles/1930012 We are continually improving our product and love to hear any ideas our customers may have! Please feel free to send any app recommendations here: https://ideas.formstack.com.

John from RELIANCE HOME COMFORT

Industry: Environmental Services

Formstack Tech support

Field service request support

Pros

I think the software can fill many gaps in our current technology platforms

Cons

the support is way to slow, I have had a ticket open for 2 weeks with no reply and we are in the proof of concept stage as a gap filler in our technology platform- i have sent several follow up emails pleading for support with nothing back

Reasons for Choosing Formstack

features, familiarity had used the product before

Response from Formstack

Replied November 2019

Hi John, we're really sorry to hear this. It seems like there may be a disconnect in our communications. Our Support Team typically replies within a 24 hour timespan. We will forward this review to them to reach out as soon as possible and investigate the communication issue further. If you would like to reach out to them as well, you can email our team directly at support@formstack.com. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback as it helps us continue to enhance our product and customer service.

Great for creating pretty much anything!

Pros

This is a very user friendly way to create a variety of forms - from camp registrations to alumni gatherings to donation sites, this software can help you create pretty much all of it. It is very user friendly and the customer service is top notch with quick, same-day responses.

Cons

I want more - I wish there was even more customization available.

Response from Formstack

Replied January 2019

Thank you for leaving a great review! We always love hearing what our customers have to say! Remember you can always make product recommendations here: https://ideas.formstack.com

Kathryn from Faith Church

Moving from Paper to Online Registration

Pros

We used Formstack as a first step of transition from having no online registration or information collection to accepting registration and payments online. I liked that it was fairly simple to create forms for information collection, but that information then had to be exported and transferred over to whatever system we used to store it.

Cons

While the basic drag and drop elements of the form were simple, it was not as straight forward to link it to payment software or collect payments. There were several instances where a box wasn't checked or the formula was not set up correctly by myself, another staff member, or volunteer and because of this payment didn't go through and had to be re-collected. If you are a religious organization or non-profit, I would advise collecting information, registration, and payment through a database system or something that's more all encompassing rather than using

Crystal from Life.Church

Pros

Virtually no time needed to train which makes it ideal to pass to a volunteer. Clean and functional

Cons

wish there were more options to make firms more aesthetically appealing like font and color options

Response from Formstack

Replied April 2018

Thank you, Crystal! We are so happy to hear how easy you find using Formstack. You mentioned wanting to be able to change font and color options. Here is some information you might find helpful: https://support.formstack.com/customer/portal/articles/1239064 https://support.formstack.com/customer/portal/articles/2060542 https://support.formstack.com/customer/en/portal/articles/1760375 We love getting new ideas from our customers on product improvements. If you should have ideas, please submit them here: https://ideas.formstack.com.

User friendly and makes beautiful forms

Pros

I love using formstack. It is extremely user friendly and easy to navigate and has tons of functionality, like signatures, credit cards, logic, etc. It can do a LOT.

Cons

I wish it integrated more easily with other software so that formstack data could go into different databases, etc.

Formstack Review

Creating events with external partners, taking applications for events, submissions for journals, financial side is strong - been great!

Pros

Flexibility, individuality, ease of use, tutorials are strong

Cons

Can't seem to change design of submission pages (add logos etc) to make it a nice document to add into reports when needed

Solid digital form solution

Pros

Formstack is simple to set up and easy to use. You can teach yourself how to create detailed form because it has a very logical setup. The forms generally work exactly how you'd expect them to and editing is simple in case of changes.

Cons

There isn't a whole lot I don't like. It would be nice to have a 'free' tier like competitors have. I have worked with companies that wouldn't need more than a handful of submissions a month, and that puts FormStack out of their price range.

Susanna from Kings preschool

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

User friendly

Pros

Easy way to get feedback that is needed from customers. Very user friendly on the customer end. Seems like it’s the most commonly used.

Cons

Not much to say since not familiar with the admin/creator side.

Response from Formstack

Replied November 2018

Thank you, Susanna for taking the time to leave Formstack a great review!

Ron from IVES Training

Good program for moving paper forms online

Very good, been able to administer tests for people online that we previously could not.

Pros

Relatively easy to duplicate your paper form online. Inspection forms, test etc.. can be created with relative ease for most users.

Cons

More complex form may require paid for support, but the fact that this is available is a great asset for our company.

Rick from Brighton Fire Department in Rochester, NY

Industry: Public Safety

Formstack for Small Business

Pros

East of use and customization. Easy integration.

Cons

Pricey if you just need one form and are a small business getting started

Formstack

Pros

Customer service is friendly and timely with responses in emails and over the phone Easy to setup and add integrations for 3rd party products Good interface for customizing confirmation and notification settings

Cons

When billing issues arise, we were given no notice, and all forms were shut down and unavailable Export options aren't very user-friendly or easy to read Not too many options to customize styling and make small aesthetic changes to form Form user-interface can glitch sometimes and doesn't save

Formstack Is the Most Effective Tool for Creating Digital Forms.

Pros

Formstack allows us to automate our workflows and collect data in an organized way. It saves us time by streamlining communication among team members. Our customer loyalty program relies on this software to engage members and increase brand recognition.

Cons

The dashboard is not as intuitive as it could be, and the navigation is somewhat cumbersome. There's not an easy way to connect Formstack data to our CRM platform.

Response from Formstack

Replied November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review Formstack! We love hearing from satisfied customers! We are sorry to hear that you find the navigation cumbersome. We always welcome any ideas from our customers in our ideas portal which can be found here: https://ideas.formstack.com. Without knowing which CRM you are using, you can always reach out to our excellent Support team if you should need some additional help by submitting a support ticket here: https://www.formstack.com/admin/user/login.

Alex from Hawkins Law Firm

Create full featured forms

Pros

Being able to make fields based on responses from certain questions is great. Also, have approval settings is a great added bonus.

Cons

No complaints really. Random issues pop up at times but the support team at Formstack is great and gets it up and running quickly.

Response from Formstack

Replied March 2018

Thank you, Alex for your wonderful review! We are continually striving to make our product better, so if you ever have any recommendations, please add them to our Ideas site here: https://ideas.formstack.com.

Chelsea from Payment Processing Consultants

Great product with a TON of capabilities

Its such an easy product to use. We complete switched from our other form generator because this one was just that good.

Pros

I love that this product is so easy to use. They have preloaded integrations with CRMs BUT if you don't see what you are looking for it is easy to create your own. The form builds are easy to use and the amount of customization is fantastic!

Cons

Pricing is a little steep but the product is worth it!

Really useful!

Pros

It's super useful and easy to use. So many options to choose from and can customize any type of forms

Cons

Not super well-known and doesn't have some options others may have.

Ann from Church of God Ministries

Collect data with ease

Pros

Easy to build the forms that you need to get the best information from clients/responders. Pretty flexible on who gets the info as well.

Jeremy from SERVRON LLC

Easy to use and flexible

Pros

The form builder is easy to use for forms that need to be built quickly. They provide an API which makes it useful to make smaller applications that need to collect data more powerful and flexible.

Cons

The form builder gets a little slow and clunky when editing a form once you start to have over 30 form fields or multiple pages and logical conditions.

Response from Formstack

Replied July 2017

Thank you, Jeremy! We are happy that you find our API useful! We are sorry to hear that you've had a problem with app speed while editing larger, more complex forms. If have any issues with that moving forward, please reach out to our Support team.