All MaintainX Reviews

Used unspecified

Reviewed February 2024

MaintainX Review: Wish We Had Found This App First.

Automotive, 201-500 employees

Reviewed August 2019

Better Than Any Other Work Order Software or Mobile App

We are a full scale IT department and we have been able to respond more quickly to our end users needs. It has allowed us to be more focused on customer service and time management. MaintainX has also allowed us the ability to be able to enter work orders on the fly so we do not forget to take care of something. I have not worked with any other software or app that has given us this type of functionality with so much ease and value for the price.

PROS

The ease of functionality in creating work orders for myself, staff and end users. The ability to easily create repeating work orders for backup and preventative maintenance items. The reporting dashboard is really nice and allows me to see a well rounded view of where we stand. I think I most enjoy how fast the app notifies me of a new request and status updates.

CONS

I would like to see the ability to have work orders created based on known email addresses as well.

Reason for choosing MaintainX

MaintainX was what satisfied our needs without flashy extra options that we would never use. We just needed a simple, powerful work order system and I feel that MaintainX provides all of that for us.

Reasons for switching to MaintainX

We made the switch because the software was difficult to setup, the mobile app was not efficient, end user confusion and there was not enough value in the price being charged.

MARK

Automotive, 51-200 employees

Reviewed June 2024

MaintainX isn't just a maintenance program but an entire facility management program

MX has more than 500 employees at this stage and I've interacted with quite a few over the three years and they have all been awesome... But I just have to give a shout out to [sensitive content hidden], my MX dream team and absolutely exceptional to work with.

PROS

MX is an ever changing program and it's constantly getting better. I signed up approx 3 years ago and they have launched feature upgrade after feature upgrade in that time. The system was already awesome when I got it and helped streamline a lot of the things we were struggling to get organized properly, but after three years they have launched so many more updates with features that make it absolutely exceptional.

CONS

I would like to see the ability for me regular staff that aren't on MX to be able to complete a daily check list without quadrupling my price.

Reason for choosing MaintainX

I felt like MX offered the most bang for the buck, they had features not many of the competitors had, and at either a comparable or even better price. I have to admit, I was also very impressed with the number of accolades they had been awarded for being such a young company at the time.

Reviewed February 2022

decent for an entry level program

Decent program to track work orders and manage assets. Very easy to use. Mobile app is helpful. not impressed with overall features and functionality. Data input way too time consuming.

PROS

Very easy to use, mobile app is helpful.

CONS

inability to mass edit in spreadsheet format, worksheets are time consuming and basic. Lack space to input details such as component info for equipment, specs, etc. Lack of many desired features and functionality. mobile app doesnt show all info or allow editing of info when it comes to inventory control etc.

Reasons for switching to MaintainX

AMMS program and backup data was lost. Prefer to switch back to amms after trying maintainx

Hi there, Thanks for leaving a review for MaintainX. We are sorry to hear that your experience has been anything less than exceptional so far. We have a team available to assist with data input and help set up your organization for you. We would love the opportunity to learn more about your feedback and ensure that we have enabled all the functionality you are looking for. If we are missing any functionality, our team would love to understand what you need so we can include it on our roadmap. Feel free to reach out to us at your earliest convenience. Best, MaintainX

Replied March 2022

Matt

Utilities, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2024

New user happy from the start

MaintainX is very easy to implement. We are working with all paper forms and records and were able to get started right way with building our database and procedures. The form fields are self explanatory allow us to quickly start using the program without much customer service support, which is great when we did need them.

PROS

The image drag and drop feature was great for setting up our parts inventory.

CONS

Creating blank forms to print for data collection was not the best way to go using MaintainX.

Reason for choosing MaintainX

The price for the user seats and ease of implementation.

Alfredo

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Streamlining Operations with MaintainX: A Game-Changer.

Experience has been exceptionally positive. The software has sexlessly integrated our daily operations, making it more efficient and facilitating communication across all levels of our company. Its impact on our workflow has been profoundly beneficial, helping us maintain and even exceed our high standards of service and property upkeep.

PROS

Intuitive interface, real-time updates, mobile accessibility and comprehensive reporting.

CONS

Learning curve for some features and cost considerations. While our focus is long term, we are still a small company and similar companies might find it less cost-effective.

Reason for choosing MaintainX

MaintainX stands out due to its specialized features tailored for maintenance and operations management. Understands the challenges and maintenance needs, offers solutions that are practical and directly applicable to everyday operations. amongst other things, new upgraded features, detailed reporting and excellent customer support makes it a superior choice for companies looking to enhance efficiency and, in our case, maintain oversight across multiple properties.

DJ

Glass, Ceramics & Concrete, 51-200 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Everything I need in one place

I've been an industrial mechanic for over 25 years. I've worked with shelves of parts catalogs with phone numbers and names scribbled on them, with faded faxes, photocopies and breakdowns stapled to the covers or stuffed into binders with manuals with missing pages. Spreadsheets with lines and lines of parts numbers and costs, inspection paper sheets covered in dirt and grease, static-y two-way radios for site equipment service calls, drawers full of half-used PO books with conflicting numbers that mean nothing (I can use YYYYMMDD-HHMM as my PO numbers now!) And that was the trade life. Now there's MaintainX. ALL OF THAT in one easy to find place, at your desk or on your phone. The job is still challenging. But MaintainX makes it easier.

PROS

It links suppliers to POs to spare parts inventory, which links to the assets, which links to inspections, which links to downtime tracking, which links to the mobile app so operators can call for service and automatically leave a record of it on the asset in question...

CONS

Seriously, the only thing that irks me a bit is when I order parts or supplies that have more than two decimal places in the cost. And I hear they're working on that ;-).

Dylan

Construction, 51-200 employees

High School Rennovation/Addition

PROS

I like that it is user friendly. We have a unique situation where we have turned over parts of a school and are still in site building new areas. MaintainX has allowed us to field maintenance requests from teachers for the entire school and it allows us to determine if it is new construction (contractor issue) or existing areas (school maintenance issue). Before MaintainX we were getting phone calls about the issues and now every teacher has access to MaintainX to submit a work order that we can track and get fixed without a middle man.

CONS

I wish that I could get a PDF print out of filtered work orders that has the description of the work order. There is a summary printout now but it only shows the title. I wish it were to show the entire work order, or at least the description/comments.

Meghan

Recreational Facilities and Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed June 2024

Tracking of work & maintenance just got 1000 times easier!

Our organization LOVES this software - it's made our lives and visibility of the work/materials SO MUCH easier.

PROS

Ease of use for our staff and technicians! Inventory management, work order details, meters, automatic work order creation from Flagged/Failed inspection items...the list goes on.

CONS

Can't think of anything! This is random and small but I'd like to see the Work Order id number in the blue banner at the top of the Work Order so you can see it at all times without having to scroll back to the top.

501-1,000 employees

Great service, great product

PROS

The support offered to our team to optimize the product

CONS

This product can’t always personalize to exactly what we need.

Mike

Hospitality, 501-1,000 employees

Excellent Platform

Outstanding experience from sales to now consistent development specific to our needs

PROS

flexibility of the developers to work together on eveolving the platform and customizing

CONS

it is not as detailed for restaurant needs

Caleb

Higher Education, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Great Work Order and Maintenance Management Program

It has been one of the most helpful additions to our maintenance team in the past few years.

PROS

The price is great for the product you get. It is a really easy program to use with a great mobile app for my team to track and complete work orders. It keeps everything really organized and is easy to track with projects.

CONS

There are a couple of updates that I would like to see like tool check out programs and some more location options but it is a great program.

Reason for choosing MaintainX

Cost, mobile platform, ease of use compared to FAMIS.

Reasons for switching to MaintainX

The cost was great, it has a better mobile app.

Hannah

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2023

Very Helpful Product.

Until MaintainX was introduced to our company, maintenance was carried out by talking to the maintenance engineers about what had to be done each day. This was time consuming and little to no records were kept about each asset and its maintenance schedule. MaintainX has enabled us to keep a work order history for each asset/location and provides use with time and cost tracking which we would not have had before.

PROS

Attentive customer care.Ease of processing work orders.Time and cost tracking.Scheduling repeating and preventative work orders.Constantly updating features and taking feedback from customers.

CONS

Not many cons with the system. Sometimes it can be frustrating to not be able to search under a specific category, but once you get used to using the filters it becomes easier to find everything you need.

Reason for choosing MaintainX

We gathered that there were features on Fiix that we would not need to use. MaintainX gave a more user friendly interface and was lower cost

Reasons for switching to MaintainX

Out of date information and was not widely used in the company.

Daisy

Facilities Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2020

Grows with your needs!

We have enjoyed partnering with MaintainX and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been a great asset in getting us what we need to be successful with the product! He helped create some of our procedure pages and that was HUGE!

PROS

We started using MaintainX about 6 months ago and what we like most is that they are always improving their product. They take what the customer needs and works to implement the closest version of what is needed.

CONS

The reports are not very easy to filter and are not able to be fully customized, yet. However, they are better than other systems we have seen and MaintainX is consistently improving the capabilities. The other piece I wish was improved is the layout of the exported work order. It is not very pretty and cannot, at this time, be customized to remove the information I don't need.

Reason for choosing MaintainX

We chose MaintainX specifically because it was a new and growing product. We felt the products bones were good and seeing where the product was moving was exactly where we needed to be. The cost is on point with the product and is manageable for a newer company, like ours.

Donovan

Machinery, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2023

Easy for anybody to use

Overall I have no complaints. MaintainX does everything I was looking for in a CMM.

PROS

I like how easy it is to add work order, parts and assets.

CONS

I love that requesters are free it gives people an option to request work when needed. The only thing I wish was included was mabye allow procedures to be done by requesters. Not give them access to change anything but for example. If you had 12 forklift operators then they would be forklift requesters and have one form on their app the would be a daily forklift checklist. Only thing they can do is request work on their forklift and fill out the daily checklist that would come to me.

Reasons for switching to MaintainX

They did an upgrade to their system and I wasn't able to access their website for over a month. I started looking at other options and came across your website and loved the way everything looks.

Karl

Real Estate, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2020

CHANGES EVERYTHING FOR THE BETTER + MORE MONEY

Fantastic! Everyone from the team ive spoken with is great. And the product is fantastic.

PROS

Perfect with a couple of Adjustments (personally) for my unique property management business. I have more time for my family and work, my clients are happy seeing the results easily with the use of the PDF features. And I am making more money as a result. CHOOSE THEM YOU CANT GO WRONG.

CONS

I had to make some adjustments to the way I do things, which isn't a bad thing. Only improvement I can currently think of is to make it easier to send PDF's to "clients" rather than "vendors" as it would suit my needs better.

Reason for choosing MaintainX

Upkeep encouraged me to look for other software due to how my business operates and number of employees.

Reasons for switching to MaintainX

Needed something more professional and organized that also offered document and photo integration for better organizing of work orders.

derek

Real Estate, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2023

A good flexible platform to keep track of many things

The biggest thing MaintainX has helped us with has been keeping all of our maintenance and repairs at all of our properties together and viewable by all of us. It eliminates the need for each of us to have our own system in place.

PROS

It's very adaptable to a wide range of assets, repairs, etc.

CONS

It would be nice if more than one asset could be assigned to a work order. For example, if an HVAC PM service is for several pieces of equipment it would be nice to select each one. Instead I find myself duplicating work orders or grouping equipment together to make it work.

Reason for choosing MaintainX

We tried both and liked the capabilities of MaintainX much more.

Miguel

Facilities Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2023

MaintainX was a great investment!!

Overall the experience has been great! It didn't take much time to set everything up and once everything was dialed in, the software has been amazing to work with. It has allowed for a quicker and more efficient work to be done and saved lots of time.

PROS

MaintainX has allowed us to increase productivity and efficiency by a huge amount! The ability to have our staff create requests at ease is a huge asset. The work orders allow for us to have a detailed list of tasks that need to be completed during the day/week.

CONS

I would like the ability to edit or add previous meter readings. This would allow for an easier and quicker onboarding of the software for companies. This also allows for the new company to have up to date