• Pros

• "Mark Magic is User Friendly and easy to use. Best customer support and works great !! "

• "The customer support is outstanding - very quick and will do anything needed to help"

• "Set up was very easy and making changes with JMagic is even easier. It does exactly what I need it to efficiently and quickly."

• Cons

• "Didn't find anything I didn't like, happy with the product."

• "Can't think of anything that myself or my customer don't like . "

• "I haven't used the product long enough to comment on any cons."

Browse MarkMagic Reviews

MarkMagic great choice for warehouse labeling and direct to consumer forms/PDF

We work with 100+ Fulfillment centers around the country and are adding new ones every month. Many FCs already have thermal printers and software from various brands like Zebra, Datamax, Sato, Toshiba, Intermec, etc. For various reasons we needed to consolidate their printing process and streamline labeling. In short, one MarkMagic instance satisfied all our requirements. All 100+ FCs print from the same MMPI instance which supports all the FC label printing along with Accounting and E-Commerce PDFs. I can’t begin to calculate the amount of time, effort and money we’ve saved.

Pros

JMagic designer tool connects any MarkMagic Server (including the MarkMagic Platform Independent instance we have running in the Cloud) and is super easy to create/update all our label and form formats. Deployment was a breeze: Since MMPI is web based, all of our users (remote and on-prem), had immediate access to printing and PDF. Over the last 6 months our non-technical team began leveraging MarkMagic Conditions to handle customer specific format requests which has been an unexpected benefit of the system. Previously, format changes would take a few days and require a programmer’s involvement, now they take just a few minutes which makes us happy and our notoriously impatient customers very happy.

Cons

While the main MarkMagic WAS can be installed on any platform, the JMagic design tool must be installed on a Windows PC. Not a big deal, but we have some Linux users who want nothing to do MS. I understand CYBRA is releasing a web-based design tool soon, so any device/platform with a browser can be used to design.

Allan from Conair Corporation

Using MarkMagic in our shipping software

MarkMagic is a really superior product - it makes our job of producing/modifying labels infinitely easier than with other packages. The customer support is the best - quick and helpful responses. The support staff have helped us through many issues over the years

Pros

The software is easy to use. It has both a green screen and a Windows interface, so individual implementers can use whichever interface they are comfortable using. We do a lot of customization to our labels and drop ship packing lists and MarkMagic makes this easy to accomplish.

Cons

Truthfully there is very little that I don't like - the only thing I have some issues with is setting up text blocks on the labels - this is a newer function that we have not used except on the drop ship packing lists so we were not familiar with it, but it is a very powerful tool and makes printing large volumes of constant data easier than before these were available.

Reasons for Choosing MarkMagic

We use a shipping software package that is incorporated with MarkMagic.

Richard from Hireko Trading Co., Inc.

Industry: Sporting Goods

This review only applies to jMagic

Pros

It works with i-Series. Does pretty much what I need it to do, albeit with a little more work than I like.

Cons

UI needs work, missing a lot of simple editing tools or they're hidden and I can't find them? For example, the issue I had was with increasing font size on multiple items. Couldn't left click to see the option and also wasn't available on quick edit. Only after I emailed support did they inform me I could hit the +/- keys on the keyboard. Other issues: can't align objects by distributing spacing, eg select 5 objects and space them evenly. When you edit font, it only shows CENTER as the option, but when you align multiple products, CENTER is not an option? As I'm using jMagic, you should implement standard windows shortcut keys, for example, CTRL+C to copy, or be able to zoom with CTRL+mouse scroll. Often when I click on an object, it moves slightly. Would like the ability to turn on (not import) grids and snap to them.

Response from CYBRA

Replied August 2019

Hi Richard, thanks for writing the review. Your feedback is appreciated. I believe one of our support team members just reached out to you to address some of the issues you pointed out. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact our support team at help@cybra.com. Thanks again.

Vignesh from Vormittag Associates, Inc

Best Designing Software with Excellent Support !!

Overall it works Great and works for all printer models

Pros

Cons

Can't think of anything that myself or my customer don't like .

Mark from Robinson Mfg. Co., Inc.

Easy To Use Product With Amazing Support

When we started with MarkMagic here many years ago, we knew little about how powerful it actually is. With their amazing support, any questions or "How To's" you may have get answered quickly and the results speak for themselves. We can meet any of our most stringent customer's requirements for labeling our shipments.

Pros

Designing labels and other printed output with MarkMagic is easy to learn and to teach to subordinates. It works every time and the product support is second to none.

Cons

We came to use MarkMagic through Manhattan Associates Warehouse Management System. The only down side is that it is separately licensed from MA/WM's system. That is not a huge issue, though.

Reasons for Switching to MarkMagic

We purchased MA/WM system.

John from Manhattan Associates

Mature product beyond label formatting and printing

Overall, very solid and reliable and will continue to be. Customer service is very quick in resolving issues.

Pros

Native to the AS/400 so integration with WMi is seamless. Tools for formatting on the AS/400 are as good as you are going to see. Tools outside the AS/400 take it to another level.

Cons

When a label doesn't print, it's tough to know what is going wrong. Finding usage of fields is difficult because they are buried in the detail of each field. Search capabilities could certainly be improved here as well as finding where open field usage exists.

Ron from Asahi/America

Industry: Plastics

Outstanding Customer Support

We are using MarkMagic to print our UPS, Fedex and LTL shipping labels. Using this software to create the labels saved the company a lot of time versus having to manually design and create the label formats.

Pros

I am a new user of MarkMagic and I was impressed with the quick responses, professional attitude and the experience level of the tech support team. I also like the fact that the functions are command driven, easy to use instead of API/Pgm calls.

Cons

I haven't used the product long enough to comment on any cons.

Kyle from Allegheny York LLC

MarkMagic as a third-party vendor

Pros

We use MarkMagic as an add-on to our ERP system, managed by that vendor. As such, we don't deal with the interfaces directly, but most of our forms are formatted using MarkMagic. However, on the occasions that I've had need of their support staff, my experience has been top notch - timely, helpful, and professional.

Cons

As we don't deal with MM directly, I can't really speak to UI or UX experiences.

lauren from VAI

Great Product!

My customers love it, as do i interfacing with it

Pros

Cons

there isn't anything my customers don't like that i have heard.

Reasons for Choosing MarkMagic

I work for VAI, so you are the business partner we always recommend

Stephen from Kenney Manufacturing CO.

Great all-around bar code label software

Pros

The functionality and ease-of-use is top notch and the customer service is exceptional.

Cons

The product documentation could need updating.

Reasons for Choosing MarkMagic

Word-of-mouth recommendations from peers.

Tara from Western Power Sports

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Pros

The software is programmable to design how you want your output to look on your forms. You can have conditions coded in Mark Magic to print or not to print something based on conditions. Was able to use multiple logos and have certain ones print by a customer# Customer service is great to work with.

Cons

Didn't find anything I didn't like, happy with the product.

Reasons for Choosing MarkMagic

Worked with our base system package

Reasons for Switching to MarkMagic

Upgraded system and base software

Jeremy from NAFECO

Fantastic support and a great product

Pros

MarkMagic is easy to use and is supported by a great group of people. It works exactly as it should every time and makes our forms and printed material look great. Could not be more pleased.

Cons

I can't think of anything about the software that I don't like.

Fay from DMi Technology Group

Support is amazing

Mark Magic is part of the VAI software and we have had great success we modifying for our clients over the years.

Pros

We don't usually have any issues with Mark Magic. But when we have an issue, the support team is amazing. They worked with me to narrow down where the issue was. I always have great luck and support from the team.

Cons

Can't think of anything at this time that I don't like.

John from Game Corps

Simple to use

Pros

Cons

The software can do more than I need, so I have needed some help making a few changes. Support was always prompt and very helpful, though.

Aaron from Shop Vac Corporation

Mark Magic Labels

Pros

I like how easy it is to produce and update our shipping labels. Also, being able to set up item labels for specific customers is also very easy to do.

Cons

The only thing is that sometimes when laying out a label on the screen, it doesn't necessarily print in the exact same location.