• icon"It is user friendly, and i like that everything is on the main page with links to everything."
  • icon"Lumping all of their modules together, you can get great value for your money solving many needs with one provider."
  • icon"Documents are easily accessible and live in one place. Data can be integrated into our other platforms like Qlik."
  • icon"The inability to personalize it more according to brand."
  • icon"The modules are extensive with many options so it can be overwhelming at the start. We made two mistakes; trying to do every thing at once and waiting too long to buy the program."
  • icon"Honestly, I hate most of it. The platform moves so slowly, doesn't load properly, and glitches all the time."

All FranConnect Reviews

Rachel

Company size: 11 - 50 employees

FranConnect is not a good software

Shelli

All Franchisors (big and small) can benefit from FranConnect

I've been with 2 global brands and was directly involved with the build-out and administration of FranConnect, as well as heavily used FranConnect at another large brand, all since 2010. I am heavily involved in franchise development, FDD compliance and franchisee compliance at my job so I need a tool to meet each of those needs and FranConnect consistently performs. Working with the developers to bring FranConnect in-house was the easiest it could have been. They are thorough in their detail of wanting to know how to make the product conform to your business model and best serve your franchisees. Regardless of the size of franchise system, FranConnect gives the franchisor a powerful tool to serve not just the franchisee but also to track Development activity (Sales) as well as monitor franchisee compliance (Info Mgr), receive royalties (Finance) and more. So much more!

Pros

The versatility of the product and ability to modify/add/remove fields, tabs and modules to personalize each users experience.

Cons

Wishing I could delete multiple files in the Library.

Sergio

FranConnect Review.

Pros

FranConnect Sales Module is a great CRM for keeping track of franchisee leads, and potential franchise owners. The reporting system is robust. Overall, a lot of capabilities in a relatively user-friendly system. Good response when submitting a request or a new ticket. Very easy to run financial reports and get data for franchise locations and store documents such as insurance certificates, owner certifications & franchise agreements.

Cons

The internal operational modules and the library where you can store documents could use an upgrade. Not a great place to put best practices, the forums are in a very outdated format and not user-friendly. The modules do not sync or communication between sales, operations, hub, etc. They seem to store their own data without easy of finding the appropriate information in a quick manner. Ability to sync emails to outlook is not very user friendly.

Faulty software, bad tech support, glitchy programs, and more...

Poor, or below poor, if that's even a category of classification.

Pros

Easy to navigate for the most part. But the glitches destroy any hope of using it properly. I'm sure if you find other reviews, you will see a common theme - glitches , bad support, and a bad platform. The platforms kicks you off every few minutes and is NOT RELIABLE at all.

Cons

Honestly, I hate most of it. The platform moves so slowly, doesn't load properly, and glitches all the time. It makes my work day twice as long sometimes... When we transitioned into FC, which we were told was going to be easy, was anything but that. The franconnect team thought it was a good idea to send a security login email to every prospect we had in the system (40,000+!), without our approval. As you can imagine, we got over 800 replies threatening us, demanding explanations, and more... It took us a month to calm everyone down and explain it was an accident. That blast from FC also resulted in our email domain getting blacklisted, due to spam. It has taken us months to get whitelisted, and FC support did not assist at all. Every recommendation they offered, was junk. Our virtual sales brochure, does not work. Everyone who tries to log into it, gets locked out. We have lost numerous sales due to prospects getting frustrated with their "award winning" technology. Our conversion reports, are not accurate. Our lead flow, is not accurate. And glitches, happen on the regular, making things impossible to get done. Everyone at our company can't stand this software, and its unfortunate that this is the so called "best" in the franchise industry. Run away, if you're considering this platform to use for your franchisor or franchisees. You'd be better off trying something else out.

Xavier

A very good tool to manage everything related to a franchise system

My overall eperience is ok. You could make the tool more intuitive and easy to use for mobiles.

Pros

I like the fact that you can have in one place all the information concerning to the manage of a franchise system. Specially I like the library and training module. The field ops feature where you can qualificate the performance of a franchisee and the areas where it can be improve its operational performance its great and with good features.

Cons

It´s not intuitive. The program has too many tools but it could be build with an intuitive interface thinking that could be used for people with a minimun grade of knowledge about a software. I would like that the spanich translations of the menus would be more accurate. We are located in latin america and that woul facilitate the use of the tool a lot for more people. I would like to have more graphics to evaluate the qualifications obtained by the franchisees in the field ops section. I would like to have more comparatives between weeks, months and years from one site to another. You could include in your interface the capacity to share the results in one clik and open them in other third party apps that can be used in the computer and mobile apps.

Wendy

Makes Life Easier

I love how organized everything is in FranConnect. I love how easily I can get training on the software and the support team is very responsive.

Pros

I love that leads come in automatically. It is wonderful to organize leads and sure does make life easier. I can quickly change the drip campaigns, change status, and automatically send out email. When I find a function that I want, the support team helps quickly with training to help me find the function and ensure I know how to use it.

Cons

I have not found anything yet. Early on it seemed overwhelming but with additional training, I was able to navigate around easily.

Jason

Industry: Restaurants

FranConnect is the One Stop Shop for Franchising Software

Pros

FranConnect does everything you can think of when it comes to franchising. If you're looking for a scalable software solution for franchise sales, training, communication, marketing, and more, they're the goto in the Franchising industry. Lumping all of their modules together, you can get great value for your money solving many needs with one provider

Cons

While FranConnect does nearly everything you can think of in franchising, there are other narrower software providers out there that have better niche solutions (i.e. training).

Dan

A great enterprise solution for a Franchise system

I have been a user of Franconnect for about 10 years. The service from some of the staff over the years has been superb. I highly recommend Franconnect to a franchisor that is looking for any of the following functions/features: an intranet, a library, a lead management system, a digital repository for online records and more.

Pros

The Franchise Sales Module and the Franchise Information Manager. The system has a lot of modules that you can activate based on the needs of your franchise.

Cons

Franconnect used to allow customization. Recently, they have moved away from customization.

Great for basic CRM

The Marketing Team is all on the same page as we can see who visited whom and when and be up to date on the status of the account.

Pros

The ability to log calls from the road is critical. The ap is functional but a little slow. It did make my life eaiser.

Cons

It would be much more valuable if we could be an integration with our ops software. If I had sales data connected to my marketing work it would be awsome!

Dan

Industry: Restaurants

Game Changer

Tracking the prospect journey is essential in franchise sales today. This product makes it very easy.

Pros

For franchise sales this product has been a game changer. It tracks communication with a prospect. I cannot imagine doing my job without it.

Cons

There are only a few things that could be improved. An auto spell check function in email would be great.

Mia

User Friendly

Pros

FranConnect is organized well and user friendly. I love the Franbuzz feature which allows Franchisees to publicly post pictures, comments and announcements to the network. I also love the ticketing system for Franchisees who have issues. It allows the corporate team to sort the issues by categories and helps with managing response time.

Cons

Sometimes the links within FranConnect glitch or have a page error sign and makes you sign back into your account.

Jamila

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Innovative, Cutting Edge, and Customer Friendly

I like the overall layout and features! there is so much that FranConnect allows users to do, that even after 3 years of using the software, I am still learning about different capabilities and finding new ideas to put into place for our sales pipeline processes! Ultimately, FranConnect has been a very valuable tool and asset for our company - from the franchise sales development process to the operational aspects in managing communications with our leads and franchise community.

Pros

I love the way that I am able to manage our lead pipeline process and the various email communications that we are able to use to keep our leads engaged in the franchise process. we have received many compliments on this aspect as well. They get extra points for upgrades that consistently strive to create a better platform for their customers and the high quality of their customer service and responsiveness is refreshing, exceptional, and quite rare for a tech company of any size. I also really enjoy their resources to help customers learn about new and improved software capabilities, from engaging webinars that are informative about industry standards and uses of software to achieve sales and operational goals, to their just-right amount of communications with their customers whenever there are any issues or just to inform customers of updates, overhauls, etc..

Cons

As the software becomes more robust and updates/upgrades occur, there is an initial period of sluggishness and glitches in the system for a few days, however, these issues tend to go away after a few days though, so it's not too big of a deal in the long run. I also understand that this is not isolated to this software alone and is common with other systems of this size... Windows, anyone? Additionally, plug-ins that I loved using such as the email uploader and calendar sync have (understandably) been transferred from download-direct capability to download from Microsoft Store platform (which our company's draconian firewall settings won't allow us to download from anymore)...again, not FranConnect's fault, but continuing the legacy option woulda been nice ;) Would really like to see scheduling ability built into future iterations of the platform for lead generated, direct scheduling with sales team.

Hannah

Overall a Good Product... Quirky in Some Areas

Our company has used FranConnect's software for years. Our franchise owners depend on it to communicate with their customers and most of them love it and couldn't live without it. For FranConnect to be a 10 out of 10, they would need to improve the reliability of the system, specifically after upgrades. Run more tests. Be able to assure their customers that there will be no glitches (or very minimal ones) after quarterly releases.

Pros

Mostly easy to use. A few of our franchise owners have trouble using some features, but those who are naturally better at operating computers are able to navigate the software without any issues. The system can handle tens of thousands of records, but it does slow it down slightly as the number of records increase. The newer version, Sky, is updated on a quarterly basis and requests from customers are taken in consideration for improvements, love that.

Cons

The system has a few inconveniences and quirks. Navigating with Groups of contacts can be difficult due to the inability to view more than 20 at a time. This has been requested to be improved in upcoming releases and I hope to see that particular improvement. Our system was upgraded to Sky this past summer from the Legacy version and since the upgrade, we have experienced glitch after glitch. Some a big deal, others not so much. Our franchise owners weren't able to use the system for over a week before FranConnect's team was able to resolve the issue. The reliability of the system is honestly scary at times. We've only experienced one quarterly upgrade with Sky and it triggered lots of problems when it went live. It does make us a little concerned for the next upgrade happening in a few weeks. It doesn't seem like they test the upgrade well before releasing it. That's purely assumption, but that's how it seems since all of the problems followed after the last upgrade.

A Great Franchise Development Management System!

Essentially, our organization is using the FranConnect application to run our franchise development function. We have multiple, geographically dispersed franchise development professionals utilizing the system to manage their day-to-day activities. The FranConnect system allows for centrally managed controls while providing all the functionality franchise development professionals require to help candidates make informed decisions. The mobile app is pretty cool too!

Pros

The FranConnect application is all you need to manage the franchise development function. It is clear as you use the system, that all the functionality you need to manage your franchise development efforts has been built in. The system accepts leads from outside franchise consultant systems reducing the amount of manual entry required. The reporting system is robust. The email drip component of the application is loaded with functionality though at times, can be a bit confusing. However, once you get used to the campaign module, you're able to get things done quickly. Overall, a lot of capabilities in a relatively user-friendly system.

Cons

The dislikes are few. The primary dislike is that at times, the user has to request additional help when first using some of the functionality of the system. Once you get a better sense of how specific tasks are done, the system becomes much easier to navigate. FranConnect bridges the gap with excellent technical support especially during the implementation stage. We worked with two customer reps. and both were extremely knowledgeable, very responsive and really knew their stuff.

Natalie

Great Software for Franchising

I've been a journey and I've seen in the last 2.5 years how hard FranConnect has worked to make their system even better. They listen to their customers and try to enhance and support franchisors so that the system can work for us. I had times at the beginning of implementation where I was worried about how much there was to the system and some of the functionality was a little strange but overall I've been very please with all that FranConnect is and the direction it is going. The system has been very beneficial and necessary to have.

Pros

I love that FranConnect has thought of everything a franchisor will likely deal with in franchising and they've created a system to help you manage it all. In the last 2.5 years FranConnect has really enhanced the system. From the looks of it to functionality. I'm excited to see what it's going to look and function like in the next year. It's really helped me to keep things organized and on top of all the documentation a franchisor has to track per franchise location.

Cons

When we initially started using the software there were quite a few glitches in the system and we did lose some data, which was disappointing but the FranConnect team worked with us and we haven't had any major issues since.

Lindsay

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

Great Customer Service, Easy to Use, Just Wish It Had More Functionality Options

Pros

Any time I needed help figuring out how to do something or if it was even possibly to do something in the system, the response time from customer service is fast and friendly. Sometimes they even call me direct so it is nice to talk to a live person when you need help.

Cons

I have really delved into the back end of the software functionality and have played around with settings and making the most of the software. More often than not, there are features we wish we could add or change to make the software much more user friendly or work for our particular business needs and 9/