Browse Quizizz Reviews

Jessica from Greenville RII

Effective and Engaging Review and Training Tool Online

Pros

I love how Quizizz allows users to search through a large bank of already-made questions. I also enjoy using Quizizz's "Homework" feature for Asynchronous learning and staff development. I often use Quizizz for ice-breakers and staff "get to know you" activities during professional development days.

Cons

I dislike how some once-free features are now premium only. For instance, I cannot schedule a homework game far in advance. I must wait until the day or two before the game's time frame to create the game and share out the game link. I also have to put an end date on my games since I do not have a premium account.

Reasons for Switching to Quizizz

I found that Quizizz's mobile app was more user-friendly than Kahoot's. Also, Quizizz allows users to search through a large bank of already-made questions. Kahoot does not feature a large bank of questions to pull from.

Mellen from Philippine Normal University

Quizizz: Teacher's Best Buddy

Knowing that the education system has shifted from face-to-face to online learning. Quizziz is no doubt the teachers' best buddy. It allows students to participate in games despite the distant nature of online classes. They are still able to learn, play, and enjoy!

Pros

Quizziz has the easiest navigation interface! This becomes the class favorite in terms of motivation activities as well the assessments. Because of the interaction that it gives to students, they tend to be more engaged and take part in the lessons while having fun.

Cons

What I like the least about this software is that we have to pay for premium access in order to create unlimited games. However, it does not bother me that much, because paying for a premium also means wider access to Quizizz Super Library.

Reasons for Switching to Quizizz

Quizziz is much more attractive and eye-appealing.

Whitney from East Central Community College

Quizizz User at Home and Work

Pros

Quizziz is at the top of my list because it's easy and engaging. I use it with my students to teach, to remediate, and to track progress! My kids use it at school as well. As a parent it's easy to use too.

Cons

Sometimes the insights and reporting seem to be a little off - but that could be user error or network as well.

Jon from TCSD

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Don’t use with google classroom

Buying was a mistake. Not much extra perks. The tags don’t work for lessons.

Pros

How easy it is to teleport questions into your quiz.

Cons

Students see questions with results if you share on google classroom even if you select not too on the assignment settings.

Excellent fun and gamification quiz software

Very happy with the software Has become the go to software for getting feedback, training employees in a fun and interactive manner More versatile than competitors

Pros

Super tool with gamification features to build quizzes, party games, interactive learning content to drive employee feedback, employee satisfaction and productivity through enhanced learning Some of the things I love about Quizziz - Very easy and quick to set up and design quizzes and interactive games - Integration with LMS tools - e.g. google classrooms, moodle - Free to try plan to see organizational fit - prebuilt templates and content to get started - can be played on both web, mobile - very portable - reports and charts at the end

Cons

nothing much to dislike Would have loved getting a more generous free plan for educational and non profit societies

Much more versatile Gan have gamified learning rather than just surveys

Much more versatile Gan have gamified learning rather than just surveys

Karen from Benton High School

Quizizz in the classroom

I like quizizz. I mostly like options when it comes to short, quick assessments. Students feel more like they are playing a game than taking a quiz and I get quick feedback on what they know!

Pros

I like the options you have with quizizz of making an assignment a learning experience for the whole class at the same time or assigning it to be done on the student's own time. It's quick and mostly easy. It keeps students engaged.

Cons

I wish the quizizz live version was a little different. It's awkwardly formatted when showing the question and answer choices on the smartboard or computer screen and I sometimes have trouble getting it to show the info I want after a question has been answered.

Christine from Ryerson University

Quizizz Review

Pros

It's a very easy software to use. A lot of the features are very helpful for learning and very engaging.

Cons

Nothing, the software is fun to use and is very easy.

Cortney from Rutherford County Schools

Fun review for students

Used frequently for Math review. Helps my students remember different Math skills.

Pros

We love to review on Quizizz. The kids love the Memes. There are tons of already made Quizizz on different skills. The search to find them is simple.

Cons

I cannot think of any Cons with this platform. I use this most frequently for reviewing Math skills. My students love it.

Gladys Geinhor from MyCode

Honest Review

Pros

it's user-friendly, It is easy to navigate, you can even customize your questions and photo displayed. I often use this when I have a team bonding for the Ice breaker and it is recommended as well for online classes if you want to use technology for quizzes, create fun and creative type of quiz. Also, before proceeding you can also see who is the top player or student and who answers wrong.

Cons

I like how it works but maybe it's good to provide an option where the quiz or the question will be stopped after and let the admin or the user click next, this will be useful especially for team bonding. For example, if I flash a trivia and some answer wrong, I still have time to explain why this is the right answer aside from that it's all good.

Sarah from BTSD

A nice change

Pros

Offers alternatives to other quick game software that engage learners and check for understanding

Cons

I have yet to find anything that I dislike about this software

Joshua from Kimberly Area School District

Exciting Tool for Learning

All I have to do is mention Quizizz and my students light up and become laser focused. My students see it as a game, but I know that it is a fun, useful tool for assessing students existing knowledge or what they have learned throughout the unit. Making games is relatively easy, but finding usable games that others have made make this an invaluable tool.

Pros

Not only does Quizizz allow for some interesting and exciting learning and assessment, but it does it while being relevant and approachable. Taking the tried-and-true approach to gamifying learning, Quizizz takes the "earn points for quick, correct answers" idea and makes it entertaining by letting players earn power-ups and see fun memes. When I use Quizizz, my students stay engaged and focused, which allows for me to see what they know and have learned all while allowing students to have fun and be competitive. Another absolutely wonderful feature is the asynchronous play. I can generate a link that I can post somewhere or send to someone, and that player can play the game anywhere anytime. A great tool for distance learning as well!

Cons

There isn't much I dislike, but one of the more challenging tasks when using Quizizz is finding a high-quality "game" to play. Don't get me wrong, I am incredibly grateful for the ability to quickly search from countless pre-made games by other users, but it would be nice if there was a vetting system to finding games made by professionals, such as certified users or even just adults. If I have time, it's not a problem to quickly preview the game to see how well it is made (such as its grammar, focus, etc.), but if I want to quickly find a game to play at a moment's notice, I get irritated by having to filter through so many games that look as if they were made by younger students. Still, this is a minor irritation at worst.

Reasons for Switching to Quizizz

The added fun features, such as memes and power-ups, make this a more fun tool for my students. I still use Kahoot!, but far less often since my students greatly prefer Quizizz.

Maria from Academy for Health Science Professions STEM

Can't go wrong with Quizzes, a must for formative and summative assessments

I use quizzes on a weekly basis in my algebra classroom. The fact that I can create quick exams or quizzes is very useful especially in these times of virtual learning. Prepping time and implementation time has been cut by the use of this program.

Pros

The fact that you can quickly and easily create formative and summative assessments is a must for any teacher. The fact that it is user friendly and you can have assessments ready in minutes, by using those that are already available and have the ability to quickly edit them, is phenomenal.

Cons

I wish there was a way of importing questions from a spreadsheet or directly from a doc. It's easy to create questions, but it would be great to import from ones that we already have pre-made. Sometimes the imported pictures are a bit small and students have a hard time to see them, if they are part of a question.

Reasons for Choosing Quizizz

This product seemed to me a bit more user friendly and easy to manipulate. Also, the reports it generates are very easy to read and to use for data analysis.

Reasons for Switching to Quizizz

Other programs have character limits, or it is difficult to manipulate the time given per question. Furthermore, question types and overall user feel is different and much improved in quizziz compared to other programs.

Heather from Pitt County Schools

Quizziz-Gamechanger

I love Quizziz! So do my kids! I'm very pleased with the updates!!!

Pros

It's easy to use. Inexpensive. I like the question options. It's very engaging for my students. My students love the "football" and "synthwave" themes!

Cons

It would be nice to post an image and add audio. Now, I have to create an actual video and post it. Could we get more theme choices? I do like that there is variety now. Some reggae, Caribbean? Daftpunk? Total time-lapse timer would be a good feature for the lessons especially!

Reasons for Switching to Quizizz

I have used Quizziz for many years now. I like it better than Kahoot...as a matter of fact...I cancelled my Kahoot subscription when I found out you guys have the "lessons" feature. Your lessons are easier to navigate than Kahoot's. Quizziz is just better for the money as well. For many years, I wanted to gamify my classroom but I didn't know how. Quizziz has really helped me to start doing that. My engagement has really increased. It's also easier to assign a Quizziz lesson to my virtual students, use it as an introduction, a reference or a refresher for students. Thank you so much! Keep the updates coming!

Tammy from St Paul's School

Wonderful alternative assessment tool!

I am constantly trying to get my co-workers to give quizizz a try. Many are hesitant to try something new in fear that it will be difficult to use and not student friendly. It automatically grades, allows for multiple attempts, generates a homework code and can generate an item analysis report. I use it very often as a formative assessment just before the test. This allows for an intervention with the student before the test. The option to email the parent a copy of the quiz helps keep the parents in the loop if necessary. Now with distance learning, i have an even greater appreciation for the software because it seamlessly integrates with google classroom.

Pros

I love how this assessment tool can be student paced and the questions are seen on the individual electronic devices. Teaching students with a variety of learning differences, this allows for them to take the quizizz in their time.

Cons

Honestly this software is almost perfect!...But I would love to be able to filter question type (MC, checkbox, FITB, poll, open-ended) when teleporting questions from other Quizizz users.

Reasons for Switching to Quizizz

When I first started using Kahoot, it was refreshing to see the students engaged and excited about playing a game. The major drawback to it was that it is paced by the slowest student and this sometimes led them to pressure that student to hurry up. This causes embarrassment to any student with a learning difference. The second drawback is that it is super easy to cheat, thereby making this assessment less useful. Quizizz has far less drawbacks.

Diane from Lopatcong Twp. Middle School

This is a great tool for remote/traditional classrooms

I have used quizizz every day for warmups, quick assessments and extra practice. It is bonafide.

Pros

I love the changes you make that are so student centered. Powerups, etc. students love personal choice and you make it easy. I also love how the questions & answers are on the same screen so students who are learning remotely can see both. That is a huge plus over kahoot.

Cons

I love this software. If it integrated with our grade portal that would be nice, but our grade portal is a sad little app that no one uses.

Reasons for Choosing Quizizz

Kahoot hasn't done a good job of improving their basic flaws. Additionally, if you don't purchase the upgrade, half of the kahoots in the discovery area don't work. They are also constantly flooding the screen with info on upgrading. Let it be - if someone's going to upgrade, they will figure out how to do it. Teachers have to spend their own money in a lot of places, so if they don't pay for an upgrade, it's a student-needs decision.

Reasons for Switching to Quizizz

Students would always get frustrated that in their excitement they chose the wrong color. They had to look up at the question and remember the correct color - which is a problem for students with short term memory issues.

Sandra from Palm Beach Gardens High School

Quizizz is essential to the new landscape of virtual teaching

Overall, Quizizz is an excellent program specifically for giving game-like assessments. It is far more useful than a Google Form because the questions are timed which prevents a students ability to look up answers, teachers can individually pick from already created questions, Quizizz will post directly to Google Classroom and their grade upload automatically. Quizizz is the most useful tool I currently use in the virtual teaching landscape, and has been one of the most useful teaching tools I've used for years!

Pros

The feature I like most, BY FAR, about Quizizz is the Teleport feature when creating a quiz. A teacher is multitasking now more than ever as we teach virtually and time does not always lend itself to typing up entire quizzes and tests. With the Teleport feature teachers can chose to import another teacher's entire quiz or select individual questions from various quizzes that are already created. The Teleport feature is the most important and functional feature of Quizizz.

Cons

I do not like how questions and quizzes in the Quizizz software are so easily accessed by students for the purpose of cheating. While I like to keep my Quizizz public so that other teachers can teleport my questions for their benefit, it is a double edge sword because a student simply has to search my username or Quizizz title and they can easily find my quiz with all of the answers. Quizizz is the best tool to hold students accountable when taking assessments, but its purpose is defeated if they have access to all of the questions and answers in advance.

Reasons for Switching to Quizizz

It is far more useful than a Google Form because the questions are timed which prevents a students ability to look up answers, teachers can individually pick from already created questions, and it presents questions as game-like assessments.

Christena from MCHS

Fantastic Formative Assessment

Fantastic!

Pros

This program has been absolutely essential this year. I can create formative assessments within minutes and receive data in seconds to inform my instruction. Features that I love: I can automatically compare whole class scores. I can see at a single glance how individual students are doing. I can review the top missed questions with one click. Students can work at their own pace. They have funny memes the kids enjoy. The power ups encourage students who aren’t the top of the class. It saves my student’s scores, so I can go back and track class participation. I can teleport in other teacher-created questions with a single click. I can assign quizzes for homework (or virtual students) or run them live in class. I don’t have to wait for that one student that has a slow connection to start the quiz because the code stays at the top of the screen once you start it. If someone doesn’t have a device, I can log in as a participant and project what they would see on the board while they write their answers on paper. I can’t really say anything negative about this program. It’s fantastic! (and I’m not paid to say this :)

Cons

There isn’t anything negative I can say about the program. I could see ways that you could further develop it in the future (allow more integration features...automatically add grades to Infinite Campus like GradeCam does, or add more slides features) but it functions very well just the way it is currently.

Reasons for Switching to Quizizz

Students can work at their own pace live. The data collection and display is more useful to me on quizizz. It saves my student’s responses for grading.

Stephanie from Troy ISD

Classroom Favorite

Quizizz is the quickest, easiest way to get quality data from my students, and the kids absolutely love playing.

Pros

I love how engaged my students are when playing Quizizz. There is a huge variety of ready-to-use Quizizz games available to choose from or edit to your liking, or you can create your own game using your own questions and answers. I especially like that each game can be customized to shuffle questions, turn on/off the timer, and all the options for student feedback. Data analysis is super easy with Quizizz, as it can be downloaded into spreadsheets or within the website. My most favorite feature though, is the Google Classroom integration. I can post the Quizizz game straight to Google Classsroom from Quizizz’s website, and the BEST feature saves tons of time, which is that the grades import straight into Google Classroom. Students love the instant feedback in a fun form (memes) that tell them whether they got the question correct or incorrect. I also love the ability to play a live game or assign a game.

Cons

I used to be really bothered by the inability to turn off the timer. I felt that students rushed through questions to beat the timer or earn more points. This, however, is now a feature you can toggle on or off when setting up your Quizizz game. I don’t really think I have any dislikes anymore.

Reasons for Switching to Quizizz

Kahoot at the time didn’t offer the capability to have students on different questions. Everyone had to work on the same question at the same time. That resulted in many students wasting time waiting for everyone to finish or some students would rush and guess so they didn’t hold up the whole class.

Susan from Dallas ISD

Quizizz - a MUST have for teachers of advanced subjects!

This program saved me as a new teacher! Extensive question banks on all regular subjects, but also pre-AP and AP subjects! With diagrams, charts, graphs, images - and I can copy and use them all! I used to do all of my tests Public, and it was a bit of a thrill to see my questions popping up on other teacher's tests. But I had to stop that, because the kids figured out how to access Public quizzes, and with one click had all the answers! So now I do my quizzes Private, and use Google search for the extensive question base. Which is still amazing.

Pros

Quizizz has a huge test bank of questions for almost any topic. I have found questions from quantum mechanics to iso linear equations to orthographic sketching to CRISPR. It used to be searchable internally, but that functionality has disappeared. However, it is all still searchable through Google. When students take Quizizz as a test, the questions and even the answers are scrambled - makes it hard to cheat! Quizizz Live is fun for my students, who are very competitive. Whenever I introduce a new topic with a lot of vocabulary, I set up a Quizizz. The kids are using Powerups and there is music, but the coolest feature for them is when they leapfrog over their fellow students on the Leader Board! First place is suddenly second place, but wait! Third place just jumped over them both! I can use any picture and up to 5 choices for questions. So I can have charts, diagrams, math equations if I just snip and save as jpg. first. Even after some of my kids have already taken the test (like first period), I can fix typos on the fly (for the subsequent periods) without having to generate a whole new test. Quizzizz has all my other options beat when it comes to reports. I get exact numbers and percents for each question, individual student's results, as well as summaries and I can download .csv if needed. You can have a spreadsheet of questions with responses and just import the whole thing into Quizizz - SUCH a time-saver!

Cons

Quizizz does not allow free response or matching, so this limits it's usefulness to tell if they really understand the material. It would be nice if they had a poll feature like Kahoot so we could argue and debate information (kids really remember things they argued about) I would love a question type "draw" where students could mark on the screen the correct answer (maps, diagrams, etc) The ability to link to standards is only in the Paid version.

Reasons for Switching to Quizizz

Kahoot requires me to individually type each question, and then individually type each response - A. B. C. D. etc. There was no way to import from a spreadsheet or Word or anything, or to re-use questions for the Semester test, etc. I ran out of time.

Emily from West Ridge Middle School

My Go-To APP for in-person, remote, or hybrid learning!

Quizizz allows me to formatively and summatively assess my students on a regular basis. I am able to upload my own questions and images, set timers or allow for self-paced questions, and provide feedback to students. There are also multiple optoins for how you assess your students, which has been super helpful with the multiple choice, fill in the blank, open response, and other types of responses.

Pros

This is by far the easiest program to use, and I have played around with MANY! Quizizz is so user friendly for both teacher and student and doesn't require us to jump through 700 hoops to get to our quiz. I am easily able to link my students on Google Classroom to Quizizz and set up live games or asynchronous practice. HIGHLY recommend Quizizz over all APPS!

Cons

There were some copyright infringements posted by other teachers, but Quizizz customer service took them down immediately. So, I wouldn't say this is something I dislike, but rather appreciate that they value the integrity of their site and following laws. Super responsive customer service and always super friendly! You don't see that very often anymore. Thank you!

Reasons for Choosing Quizizz

Quizizz provides more options, does not flood your browser with pop-ups advertising upgrades or additional purchases, and is just overall more organized. Quizizz is SO user friendly and straight-forward: any math teachers dream!

Reasons for Switching to Quizizz

The privacy policy for Quizizz met our district's strict guidelines, unlike most other platforms.

Colajean from Catholic Board of Educaton

An Important Complement to My Teaching Tools

My overall experience with Quizizz is positive. I do appreciate it being linked to my Google Classroom.

Pros

It was a pleasure to have been introduced to this product in August 2017 because since then I have been using this product in both pre-teaching and in assessment for my students in Grades3, 4, 5, and 6 at St. Cecilia's School and in my Religious Education Programme (CCD) at St. Cecila's Church. I use the multiple-choice aspect to assist my students in mastery the content and concepts in my classes and I use the open-end questions in final assessments for my older students. I sometime mixed the diffeent types of question to allow students with spelling and language issues to find more ease in their assessment. Thank you for developing this product. It has eased much of my stress in marking quizzes and in helping students take control of their learning. I complements the other tools that I use splendidly. Colajean Butler St. Cecilia's Catholic School and Parish Nassau, Bahamas

Cons

I find it challenging not to be able to edit a quiz after students have begun using it. Sometimes I may have an error that I did not detect before use and I would need to introduce a new code when a quiz was already in use. If a quiz has not be used, I can edit, but occassionaly, I do not identify mistakes until after students begin using the product.

Reasons for Choosing Quizizz

I chose to ue Quizizz over Edmodo because it is more user friendly for younger users.

Nathan from USD 402 - Augusta High School

So many classroom uses!

I've noticed that students are not nearly as apprehensive for a quiz, a much higher percentage of them will actually review the material when it's a competition, and the Google integration makes life so much easier for both students AND teachers!

Pros

First of all, we've all had to make the switch to Google Classroom (to stay as consistent as possible during the pandemic), so it's very nice to be able to add your classes directly and then post assignments FROM QUIZIZZ instead of having to copy a link or add a code for them to access their activity. Secondly (from a teacher standpoint), the ability to see scores in the report (and in real-time during class-wide activities) as well as being able to download those reports allows educators to quickly and accurately identify areas of weakness in student learning - AND identifying poorly worded questions! Students are RARELY upset when using this learning tool and they are becoming more and more accustomed to digital work and self-check as teachers learn how to better utilize these kinds of tools.

Cons

Mostly that I'd have to pay for the 'Super' version... but at $5 a month, I'm seriously considering it! Don't know when (or if) we'll ever get back to 'normal', but I can see continuing to use QUIZIZZ as an invaluable learning/teaching tool. The only other 'down-side' for me is that I use it so much, I've needed to start being more creative in naming their activities --- just so I can find what I'm looking for in the reports (but that's on me, not the website!)

Reasons for Switching to Quizizz

I and my students (overall) prefer QUIZIZZ due to the variety of ways it can be utilized and, more recently, because of the addition/expansion of question types AND lessons (so much better than a boring PowerPoint or Google Slides... or even PearDeck or Nearpod most of the time!)

Miss from School/College

Excellent Review Tool

Quizizz is a very effective and engaging tool for learning that suits all my needs. I absolutely love how easy it is to use and how affordable it is. I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a quick, easy, and effective way to liven up the learning environment.

Pros

What I love about Quizizz is how much of an interactive platform it is. It is especially useful during online learning because students are able to create questions themselves based on the presentations they give in class. Other students can then play the game to see how much they have retained from the presentations and teachers are able to see who paid attention and who did not. Other than that, Quizizz is a very user-friendly tool that makes learning extremely fun and it makes the classroom setting more lively because of the increased engagement during lessons. I use Quizizz mostly for reviews before exams and find it effective in refreshing students' memories about what was taught in class.

Cons

There are few cons to be addressed, however, one that I would like to mention is that Quizizz makes it so players are able to be on different questions at the same time. This makes it easy for them to cheat during class reviews because if one person is quicker in answering a question, then they can pass the answer on to someone else who had not gotten to it yet.

Reasons for Switching to Quizizz

Compared to Nearpod, Quizizz is more fun and engaging because students are actively answering questions and striving to be on the leaderboard.

Juana from CHUH

Great product to teach, many more options could come

It has helped reviewing vocabulary and making it a game, it helps reinforce learning

Pros

It’s easy to use, and the children like the game format.

Cons

The invites do t seem to get to parents, and it’s complicated then to get the children involved and working

Reasons for Choosing Quizizz

Easy to use, live option, reports give valuable data

Reasons for Switching to Quizizz

They started pushing parents to sign into a pay account and parents were complaining. They made it appear as if the students in my class needed to pay

Josh from Kimberly Area School District

Fun, Exciting Program

Engagement has gone way up since implementing Quizizz. Reviewing or previewing content has never been easier or more exciting!

Pros

What I like most about this feature is the engagement that I get when I use it. Just by loading a quiz, the atmosphere becomes one of focused--yet fun--learning. This a phenomenal tool for learning and studying. The ability to duplicate and edit existing question sets from the impressive, collaborative bank is amazing. A big bonus is the power-ups and memes which keep things fresh and exciting.

Cons

There are few things that I dislike about Quizizz, but one bothersome aspect, at least at first, is the interface or dashboard. When first learning to use the program, it can be kind of messy and confusing. When trying to find an existing game to use, the search results can be a little tricky to navigate and use. This issue disappears with experience, however.

Reasons for Switching to Quizizz

The switch was due to a need for something a bit more personalized and fresh. Quizizz have the option to run at each participant's pace, which is really nice and cuts down on lost time. Kahoot! requires that questions are moved through at the facilitator's discretion, at least for the in-person mode.

David from Agrupamento de Escolas Alcaides de Faria

Quizizz - The best tool to gamification

Pros

I use Quizizz in practically all of my classes and also in activities outside the classroom. It is a fundamental tool to make students learn more in less time and with less effort. Quizizz transforms the student's work into a game and, in this sense, brings the school closer to the preferences of our young people, using the type of language that is familiar to them. There are many other tools that have a similar way of working, and I have already tried some of them, but I believe that Quizizz is the most functional and the one that allows you to get better results. In this sense, I can only recommend Quizizz to all my colleagues and I have done several training actions to publicize the application.

Cons

I don't think Quizizz has any weaknesses, although it can always be improved, as with everything else. I think the introduction of the lessons was an asset, but there are still some small bugs. It would also be interesting if there was a possibility to assign different weights to each of the questions, in order to give more value to the most difficult answers. It will also be very interesting if Quizizz is available in my national language, Portuguese, as there are some fellow teachers who are not very comfortable dealing with foreign languages.

Ann from Solano Community College

Fun for All

Quizizz games allow us to break up the monotonous class experience and students from the introductory to more advanced classes all seem to enjoy and request them.

Pros

I like the ability to engage students with introductory quizzes and then review the material afterwards. Even the quietest students can participate and the gregarious ones get very competitive. With the addition of open-ended questions, I can ask for more specific feedback on difficult topics. Quizzizz games are easy to create especially if you import material from other users and the report feature is helpful if you are assigning them for credit.

Cons

Integration with our LMS would be amazing for graded Quizizz games. The music during live games is dreadful and I would like to be able to always have it off not just turn it off once a game has started. For higher education, some cleaner more grown-up theme choices would be nice.

Reasons for Switching to Quizizz

The ability to see questions on student devices makes Quizizz so much better than Kahoot. Poll Everywhere is more professional with more question formats but the free version was limited to 40 responses and paid version too expensive for me.

Lisa from JUSD

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

I use the homework feature to assign work for students to do independently as well as the live sessions to do direct instruction. I like being able to set it so that kids can take it more than once and it gives me both scores so I can see what they got wrong the first time. This allows me to adjust my instruction.

Pros

The best thing a out Quizizz is the options it offers. You can create or edit a wide variety of Quizizz on nearly any topic. You can assign it to be done asynchronously or do Live Quizizz with the students. You get full reports on how well they did which can be used for grading.

Cons

I’m not sure if there is anything that doesn’t work well for my needs.

Reasons for Switching to Quizizz

I liked that the students did not have to toggle between my screen and their own. Additionally the homework function was a huge help when we started distance learning.

jennifer from Carver MST

Quizizz is the Wiz of My Classroom

On a scale of 1-10, I give this product an 11! I can not even put in to words how wonderful this tool is in my classroom. It is very teacher, student, and parent friendly. I purchased this product out of my own pocket to make sure that my students had access to this software. Even during our Covid-19 quarentine, my students logged on daily to "play" Quizlet!

Pros

This software is by and far not only my favorite software, but that of my students as well. We start every class with a Quizizz review, and use it for independent practice at home too. Because the review and test format are so similar, there is no surprise on test day as to what the test will "look like". Parents, students and teachers alike like the instant feedback on test day. Plus, I can enail parents their child's test results immediately, so they know how they did.

Cons

It would be great if you could add an archive file for old tests. I have tests showing that are more than 2 years old, and there is no easy way to delete them in mass. That is the only thing I can honestly say I dislike about this software.

Reasons for Choosing Quizizz

As I stated earlier, Quizizz is hands down the superior software for my students needs. The other 3 teachers on my grade level now use it as well. I tell any student teacher than comes in my room if they only purchase one software program for their class it needs to be this!

Reasons for Switching to Quizizz

Hands down, Quizizz is superior software for my students needs.

Sophie from DCSG

Refreshed revision activities

It’s so easy to use - the students love it and it’s ‘tricked’ them into doing more revision willingly than they otherwise would have. Far more flexible and instinctive than Kahoot, so much more valuable to me.

Pros

I love that Quizizz is so flexible as my students love the live quizzes in class and fight fiercely for the medal positions, but I can also set the quizzes for asynchronous homework and use the longer codes as a permanent feature of our revision materials. The power ups mean they play more than once as they still have a chance to improve their scores. The students loved the surprise Halloween background.

Cons

The students have mostly turned off the memes as they ‘take too long’ - I give them 5 mins to complete the quiz as many times as they like and it slows them down. It would be useful if players had a ‘try again’ option under the same name in live quizzes - I’m not really interested in what they got in their first attempt; I want them to build and refresh their confidence with the vocab we’ll be using that lesson, so I’m grateful for anything that would encourage them to have a couple goes.

Reasons for Switching to Quizizz

I wanted something which I could use in class but also set them independently for revision. It saves me time from having to repeatedly input questions.

Matt from Horizon Middle School

Quizizz is my favorite online formative assessment tool.

Pros

What I love about Quizizz is it allows me to quickly make assessments for my students in various subject areas. It's awesome that you often do not need to make a quiz from scratch because you can add questions from other public quizzes. I love this feature. Additionally, you can have students take Quizizzes live or they can take them at the own pace which can be assigned in Google Classroom. The questions are not in the same order so it's harder for students to share answers. It's easy to organize your quizzes on the site by creating folders. All of these things are what helps make Quizizz my favorite online assessment tool.

Cons

At this time I don't have any cons. It would be cool to see them integrate slides similar to ones you can make on Nearpod.

Reasons for Switching to Quizizz

Because students each saw different questions on their screens versus the same ones on all screens. Having all students view the individual questions on their own screen helps them focus on the question and to not feel rushed to enter their answer.

Crystal from Albuquerque Public Schools

Quizizz is a Great Tool for Educators & Engaging for Students

I enjoy Quizizz! Before I started using Quizizz, students would not like to do my pencil-and-paper pre/posttests. They would complain and look bored. Now they beg me to have a quiz during our lessons! They are so engaged and excited during the quiz. They always want to take another one right after we finish a quiz on Quizizz!

Pros

The quizzes are easy to create and customize. It is easy to find ready-made quizzes through the search tool. The expansion of the types of questions I can create (fill-in-the-blank, short answer) is immensely helpful. Running the quizzes is fast and fun for the students. The students enjoy the icons and the "gameified" feel of tests. They like the music and the changing backgrounds that are dependent on the time of day and time of year. They especially like to play for points and try to earn their place on the leaderboard. The celebration at the end of a quiz is the best part for them. I like that I can keep my quiz reports forever and that I do not have to tally answers like I did in the past. It saves so much time, and I can see all my data right in the website.

Cons

In the past, I had to use other platforms to do short-answer questions and fill-in-the-blanks questions. I am so glad I can do that on Quizizz now! The students prefer it much better. However, it can be difficult to think of all possible spellings of a right answer so students can still get credit for their work. It would be great if Quizizz could generate a possible list of misspellings so the answer can still be deemed correct if the answer is misspelled but correct.

Craig from Hosford middle school

My thoughts....

Pros

I like ease of use. As well as the connectivity for the students. It's really simple to set up it's nice for them to log into, and it's great that it connects to their Google account. It makes set up a breeze. Searching for content to super easy, there's a huge selection and if you can't find what you're looking for it doesn't take long to set up your own.

Cons

I would like the ability to have students submit their own one word answer or number answer and have it check to see if it's right. Right now the only function for that is in a poll but it doesn't correct it.

Reasons for Switching to Quizizz

One of my favorite things about it, is that I can have the students see the question and the answers. I switched from Kahoot because Kahoot requires that I present the question and every kid is at the same time. Problem with that is kids read a different levels, so it doesn't account for that. I like the quizzes allows the students to go at their pace. Making it more equitable in the long run.

Laura from East Palestine City Schools

Engaging for students

This has been a really useful tool to review for the standardized state tests with my students.

Pros

I like the ease of this software. Students become accustomed to using it quickly. It is great as a bell ringer, as an introduction to a new topic and as a review. In fact, my students especially like using quizizz as their main method of studying for a test. As a teacher, I also appreciate that I can use their answers in order to gather and analyze data about students' strengths and weaknesses.

Cons

I would like see more features for the quizzes. It woud be nice to be able to convert a quiz into other features easily. For example, I would like to assign questions in the form of flashcards or other game forms, as a way to study or a homework assignment. Quizlet has many of those features, but I prefer using Quizizz and my students do as well.

Reasons for Switching to Quizizz

Students learned a cheat code for Kahoot, so the site became useless. Students seem to like Quizizz (especially in game/competition format) in class and they like to use it in homework mode to study.

Pam from Covina-Valley Unified School District

Quizizz for Education

I am seeing what my students know and don't know in real time, and with the way education has been the past 8 months, this is so important since I am not physically with them.

Pros

I have been using the product for several years now, and have enjoyed the ease of use with my students on both formative and summative assessments. The upgrades in the past 6 months have made it even better. The question type choices let me see more from my students. The teacher paced lessons now let me see in real time where the struggle is and address it head on right away.

Cons

I would like to see the open response questions have the option for the teacher to grade them instead of just being automatically marked correct. I would also like the ability to adjust the score on a fill in the blank questions, there are so many little ways students can have the correct answer, but not one I thought of at the time I set it up.

Reasons for Switching to Quizizz

I liked having the question and answer on the students screen.

Darren from Robla Elementary School

Connect, Collaborate, and Create Camaraderie in your Elementary Classroom

My overall experience has been excellent and the students really enjoy it.

Pros

This software will engage your students and create data that can help you drive instruction. There are many quizzes already created for you to use with your classroom on a variety of topics. It’s also very easy to create your own assessment to check for understanding of their learning.

Cons

The only con of this software is you must check all the questions for accuracy as sometimes quizzes have mistakes on the

Reasons for Switching to Quizizz

Quizizz is more dynamic in its delivery to the students and they respond better to this platform.

Andrew from Tyngsborough High School

Better Than Kahoot!

Very flexible and easy to use. Great to ask math question.

Pros

Quizizz for math is much more user-friendly. You can write math with ease and the flexibility with dole out assignments is great. I paid for the subscription mainly so I could have unlimited deadlines for assignments. I came enjoying Kahoot! but their format is designed to make you pay. Quizizz the free version is so much better than Kahoot it was an easy switch.

Cons

Trouble assigning things with google classroom a few days out. No way to review a quizizz until the game has completely ended.

read above

Michelle from Kyle Elementary

Engaging Education

Quizizz has helped me keep my students engaged in learning, while giving me data to be able to help them grow.

Pros

I love the fact that my students beg to play! They are begging to take a QUIZ! I also love the data that it gives me.

Cons

There isn’t anything I don’t like about the software.

Reasons for Choosing Quizizz

It was more engaging, easier to use, and gave more data.

Reasons for Switching to Quizizz

Quizizz gave me more data that I needed in order to be able to help me fill gap in my students’ learning.

Nikki from Oranim College of Education

Perfect for synchronous and a-synchronous teaching arrangements

Excellent. My students wait for the lessons, which include Quizizz. Creating and facilitating quizzes in face-to-face classrooms, via Zoom, or in homework mode in a-synchronous classes is simple.

Pros

I have used Quizizz with students in elementary classes and in higher education. I love the live game which engages all students and adds excitement and a friendly competitive atmosphere to the class. I always set the same game as homework requiring the students to return to the material when they are more focused and calmer. Students can play over and over again until they are happy with their grade - this is motivating and supports learning.

Cons

I am disappointed that task dates are now minimal if you do not pay for the premium version, which is expensive for educators who pay out of their own pocket.

Reasons for Choosing Quizizz

With Quizizz, I can distribute a PDF file of the quiz before class and ask the students to prepare. I can run a Quizizz quiz anywhere as I don't need a projector and screen. I enjoy using the same quiz in different modes to enhance learning and revision.

Reasons for Switching to Quizizz

Quizizzz doesn't require a projector and screen in the classroom.

Jacob from Marion Community Schools

Great FREE Tool for Teachers

Overall it's been a great experience. Of course, nothing in life is perfect. They do seem to have some really cool new paid features, but until states start paying teachers what we are ACTUALLY worth, I just can't afford it.

Pros

One of the biggest things I like about quizizz besides being free is the fact that students can save and close a quiz and then continue from where they left off. That is HUGE for me. It allows students who need more time to take more time. I haven't been able to find ANYTHING else out there that is free that does this.

Cons

It does have it's glitches here and there. It's also not the easiest to setup a brand new quiz.

Reasons for Switching to Quizizz

Because with Socrative a student couldn't continue and with wifi periodically dropping off and what not, it was just TOO much hassle to keep using and paying for it.

Kimberly from Rockingham County Public Schools

Easy Engagement

Quizizz is easy to use, including making your own quizzes and finding others in the database.

Pros

I like that this software allows me to engage all of my students simultaneously. Regardless of whether we're in the classroom or virtual, students can easily sign in and play the game. I also like that although students receive bonus points for fast answers, it does not compare one student's speed to another for awarding the bonus points. I like that I can see the results immediately following, including the percentage of students who got each question correct/incorrect.

Cons

I have not had issues that turn me against the software.

Reasons for Switching to Quizizz

I really like that although there are bonus points awarded for fast answers, it's not awarded based on comparison to other students in the class.

John from Hicksville High School

Teacher Review

Pros

I use Quizizz 3-4 times a week in my history classes. It is easy to create quizzes as warm up activities to review the previous day's lesson. It is also easy to create formal assessments that scramble questions and answer choices. It also integrates nicely with google classroom making it a nice feature for distance learning.

Cons

I find the music to be a bit on the annoying side

Reasons for Choosing Quizizz

Kahoot limits the characters per question.

Lucia from Boyertown Area Senior High

Excellent Classroom resource

Pros

The user interface is very intuitive and within a few minutes you have a usable tool for the classroom. The online library of shared games is growing daily and is easily searchable. I’m able to select to assign the Quizizz as an asynchronous activity while I’m teaching virtually. I like the reports feature so that I can use Quizizz as a “fun” summation assessment for my units. I LOVE the music choices and the ability to change. I like being able to monitor my students’ individual progress while playing live. I like being able to see in real time the questions that are challenges for my students so that I can go back and re-teach if necessary.

Cons

It’s minor, but I dislike that I cannot save my preferred sorting choice for my saved Quizizzes.

Janet from Hampton City Schools-Benjamin Syms Middle School

Awesome for Education!

I first used Quizizz as a fun way to review lessons. The kids enjoy it so much more than a worksheet. But, now I use it for quick assessments so I can see if my students have grasped concepts as we go along. And, in this time of virtual learning, it has been so valuable as a tool to assess my students with weekly quizzes and tests. I also use it to review before a test, both in class using the instructor-paced feature, and by providing a practice quiz where students are allowed unlimited attempts.

Pros

Ease of use. Customer service. Math symbols --this is a big deal for math teachers! Fun and easy for kids to use. Instant feedback is so valuable for student learning! Easy to adapt quizzes created by other users. Love being able to import single questions from other quizzes, not just my own. Being able to embed explanations for students after they miss a question is a great learning tool for students as well. The data collection is super helpful for remediation. Instructor-paced feature is great for full-class review. Love being able to record my own voice reading each question for my students who have read-aloud accommodations! Amazing!

Cons

I really can't think of anything at this point. The folks at Quizizz seem to always be adapting and improving their product so that it is the best out there.

Charles from Davidson County Schools

Gamify, Electrify, Modify Learning

Pros

Quizizz has drastically changed learning both in person and remotely. It allows me to personalize the learning for each student. It's so easy to modify an assignment and scaffold it to fit the students in the room. It gamifies things which kids really tap into and are engaged by. It promotes self paced learning and collaboration. I also love the paperless aspect of it. After kids complete an assignment, one click and all parents are emailed. The data it collects allows me to easily form small groups for more intense intervention when needed. I'm not sure what I'd do without it.

Cons

When creating slides in the new paid version, I'd love to be able to add websites, and the videos there. Now you're forced to use YouTube, which is great, but I miss so many other great video sites like StudyJams, and PBS.

Phil from Berkeley Preparatory School

A superior product

I adore Quizizz!

Pros

Quizizz is far superior to its competitors, as students can move at their own pace. My middle school students love Quizizz and they look forward to playing the games. Quizizz is constantly evolving and the developers listen to the users.

Cons

I do not have any complaints about quizizz.

Reasons for Switching to Quizizz

I like that students can work at their own pace.

Angela from Tri-Valley Middle School

Quizizz Review

Pros

This software is user friendly. It is nice to view other quizzes that have been created, duplicate the quiz and transport questions from other quizzes into my own personal quiz that I am developing. I teach 4th grade and my students love that the questions and answers are on their individual computers. They enjoy the memes that are available as they are answering. They also love when I sometimes add the competitive piece and they can see how they are doing compared to their peers.

Cons

I do not have any cons about this program.

Reasons for Switching to Quizizz

I switched for many reasons but the main reason was because it is designed better for the students to see their answer choices below the question they are answering.

Tara from San Angelo ISD

Free Engaging Gamified Lessons

Overall, it is a good choice for student review as compared to worksheets or flashcards. There are compatible and (in my opinion) more engaging software learning platforms out there (Kahoot!, Blooket) but it's a good alternative to change up the scenery for reviewing for state testing or unit test material. Students like the competitive gaming nature of Quizizz, and the real-time scores allow for more engagement.

Pros

First off, this software is free! So why wouldn't you use it? I use it as a teacher as a review method for material we've learned in class. My students like it because it gamifies my questions instead of a kill-and-drill worksheet or flashcard review.

Cons

This software is free, so I can't complain; however, it is very similar to Kahoot!'s gaming learning platform. If I could offer one improvement, I wish it would be more elementary kid-friendly like Blooket's gaming platform (has individualized animal characters and glitches to taunt classmates).

Reasons for Choosing Quizizz

I occasionally choose Quizizz as a different option for review, but I use the other software options just as frequently.

Brian from Barnstable High School

Home Run Asynchronous Learning

Outstanding

Pros

In class this platform is without peers. It allows you to motivate kid to participate and rewards correct answers. I assigned the when we went remote and it was the assignment most likely to be completed by my students. Can’t imagine teaching without it.

Cons

There really is not a con that I have found.

Reasons for Switching to Quizizz

It rewards correct not speed

Luis Alberto from Colegio Reina del Mundo

Mi experiencia con Quizizz

Quizizz es una herramienta fantástica por donde se mire. El interfaz es muy atractivo, dinámico y muy intuitivo en su manejo. Puedes crear cuestionarios y ahora lecciones interactivas tanto en tiempo real como de manera asincrónica. La uso mucho en mis evaluaciones formales, como también asignándola como tarea a mis estudiantes, para que puedan reforzar su aprendizaje. Como anécdota, les cuelgo el enlace en google classroom para que puedan resolver el quizizz, las veces que deseen, fomentando la motivación y seguridad en ellos. A mis estudiantes les encanta esta herramienta; y sus potenciadores y memes son muy divertidos.

Pros

Lo que más me gustó de las funcionalidades de quizizz. Es muy intuitivo y de facil manejo. En la biblioteca hay una gran variedad de recursos que otros docentes han creado y compartido. La opción de teleport es fantástica, por que puedes importar preguntas de otros quizizz públicos. La opción a modo de instructor es muy potente, dado que nos permite realizar feedback en todo momento. Los potenciadores y memes es la parte más atractiva por parte de los estudiantes. Las opciones de juevo en vivo El editor de ecuaciones para las preguntas de matemática.

Cons

Como sugerencia, me gustaría que agregaran la función de poder ver en tiempo real qué estudiante ha acertado o no, al término del tiempo de la pregunta en modo "a ritmo de instuctor". También la opción de poder trabajar de manera colaborativa las lecciones.