All Canva Reviews

Reviewed November 2021

Canva Review

Susana

Reviewed March 2024

It's the program I use for my work

PROS

Extremely easy to use and simple to master, with the pro version offering several additional features. The background remover stands out as the best feature and is worth the price if you take photos of your own product.

CONS

It occasionally freezes or slows down unexpectedly when I'm working on a more graphically intensive project, like an animated image

ivan

Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees

Reviewed April 2024

a simplified interface that's not too expensive

I am personally satisfied with this program

PROS

the interface is very simple, with models that you can just modify

CONS

I think we can revise the prices to allow the poorest to benefit from the offer.

Reasons for switching to Canva

this software was too complex and took me too long to retouch.

Animesh

Media Production, 1 employee

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Canva for college students

Overall canva is amazing app for editing photo

PROS

In my opinion canva is very good app to edit photo I really like this app so much

CONS

I think canva good for photo editing I recommend my friends to use canva

Rochel

Best Tool for Digital Nomads

I love canva and I'm a free plan user. I have plan to purchase the plan in personable price base on my plan needs but not how many people can access it for free. All features are great just losing asset base on my observation

PROS

I love canva for the ability to open up creaitivity skills for not so artistic like me.

CONS

The way team member can use asset for free but free plan user couldn't is unfair to your business and to other users. Finding a premium member is easy, having a skilled teams fully equipped can exhaust and remove credits and exclusives rights if they export it for free. It is crucial to get every teammates an access to exclusives rights of premium member. I don't know if i make sense

Reasons for switching to Canva

I love canva more than the other app i ever used.

Reviewed May 2024

Best platform for Graphic Design

PROS

I just love Canva. I use it on daily basis. It is very easy to you. You can customize any template very very easily and also create designs from scratch. The templates saves a lot of time and it is a game changer. The "Brand" feature (comes with paid version) is very handy. With just one click, you can apply your brand colors to any template. It saves a lot of time.

CONS

There is nothing that I don't like about Canva so far. It's the best platform for Graphic Design and it is beginner friendly.

Yulonda

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Canva Educator

I still have yet to experience all of the features of Canva. So far, I’m enjoying it. I plan to keep being a user of Canva

PROS

Tons of templates to design any type of presentation , flyer, business card The pro educator account is free

CONS

There is nothing that I like least about Canva.

Reasons for switching to Canva

This provided me to opportunity to provide more variation to the content I’m creating, such as animated text or images.

Deepanshu

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Good for Beginners

Overall is a Good and decent designing software Can definitely do the work required in less time as compare to rival tool

PROS

It has so many number of template that you can design from it which really save time to create your design It help me to build a career in designing field.

CONS

Photoshop file is not much compatible Layer system is pretty bad.

Reviewed March 2024

The best way to make my design with Canava

PROS

Canva has various templates option to use and can edit according to our need. In this, have different category like infographic, social media and many more. I can use, as per my need. In short, anybody can use Canva for making their use design.

CONS

I feel there no pitfall in the Canva till now.

Riya

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Canva as a designer for non profit organisation

I love this product. All hearts !!! For someone who can't devote time and effort to the Adobe creative apps and Photoshop, Canva is a blessing

PROS

1. The ease of use - anyone can use it without any professional background, you just need a creative mind. 2. As an NPO, we got the PRO version by applying and it has changed our social media game.

CONS

Sometimes, searching for specific elements can be a task. Also, the frames/grids can be more user-friendly..

Megha

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Best for Beginner to become PRO

Personally I have a great experience with canva as a beginner i was totally dependent on canva for improving my designing skill.

PROS

The interface is very easy to use and very understandable, zero complexity

CONS

Sometime the while finding the templates its does not matches with the key word used in the search bar.

Meenakshi

Professional Training & Coaching, 1 employee

Canva Designing

Highly recommended and I get back to Canva for any designs for my professional use.

PROS

Provides excellent varieties of templates and other requirements for designing a variety of professional use flyers, posters and many more. The profile section is one of a kind

CONS

Nothing much to say. It's all good. Maybe I have to explore more.

Shreyash

Reviewed October 2023

Honest review about canva

PROS

It has capabilities like comments and real-time collaboration. You may use a web browser, mobile apps, or a smooth workflow integration to access Canva.Canva Pro is a subscription-based service that comes with more features from Canva.

CONS

There is nothing to dislike about canva.

1 employee

Reviewed April 2024

Canva for website and design ideas

I've been using Canva to design websites ideas, logos, ideas for templates inside my projects and I've never experienced any issues at all.

PROS

It's user-friendly, easily deploy ideas, great templates, the pro version provides amazing extra features.

CONS

When adding elements sometimes it freezes and takes a couple of seconds to be displayed in the design.

Victoria

Arts and Crafts, 1 employee

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed November 2019

Perfect for Crafting!

I actually use Canva for business purposes. I use it in conjunction with my Cricut machine and it is perfect! I've made price lists, notebook covers, coloring book pages, water bottle labels and I'll probably be using it for so much more. I love it, it's my go-to for everything! If you haven't tried it out yet, you are missing out! I suggest watching some youtube videos as well. Great for Marketing purposes!

PROS

The best part of Canva is the ease of use! I love all of the options and examples they have with the templates. They have so many template sizes for logos, flyers, facebook headers, business cards, and so many more. -Probably my favorite thing about the program is the autosave feature, which saves changes while your working on a project, you don't understand how much of a lifesaver that really is until you actually lose your work! - I like that there is an upload section so you can reuse certain images for different projects. The 'uploads' and 'your designs' are two different folders. -I actually just noticed that you can add videos to a project which is a plus for any social media platform. -I use a few different editing/design apps but I love the fact that Canva has both a mobile app and a desktop site. 'Over' doesn't have a desktop site yet and PicMonkey's app doesn't have the same capabilities whereas Canva app does EXACTLY what the desktop site does if not more -Another plus is the custom dimensions when you go to create a new project. Other sites do have that but they don't all have px, cm, mm, and inch options. -The 30-day trash folder is another lifesaver, even when you agree to permanently delete sometimes you don't really mean it lol I just went through every page to make sure I talked about everything if you cant

CONS

-So I'm actually checking it right now because I honestly couldn't think of any cons I used to have an issue searching for free images to use as backgrounds on desktop but it looks like they fixed it! -I know I do hate when I add a background/image to a project and I go to expand it to fit the blank "canvas" the dimensions of the image don't stay and it stretches it and it gets blurry. If I notice anything else I'll come back and add if i'm able to but as of right now my main and only issue is not being able to

Katherine

Writing and Editing, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2020

Would You Recommend? Too Late, Already Have.

I make graphics for our companies and occasionally clients, in a whole variety of capacities. I have used Canva to create newsletter graphics, social media posts for Twitter, Facebook, Pintrest, Tumblr, Instagram, and Reddit, brochures for products or services, infographics for conferences, and more.

PROS

I have been using Canva since I began teaching myself to make graphics over two years ago. It has served me well in both simple projects (like graphics for social media) or full-on gif animations. They continually add new features and content and are always revamping the suggestions for "fresh" ideas. It's also super easy to share your project to other people or places, and you have quite a few download options for your files. And it is SUPER easy to use, the user interface is very intuitive and if you have questions their docs are great!

CONS

I have very few complaints, and the ones I have are pretty niche issues. Systematically I don't see issues at all! But sometimes it can be hard to format a picture correctly due to their "snapping" feature that snaps whatever element you're using to the nearest part of the picture the program "thinks" you want to use. For example, if you try and move a circle to a centimeter away from the middle of the graphic you're creating, it will automatically center itself and won't let you un-center it without an enormous amount of fuss. But this is minor and doesn't really happen often for me!

Reason for choosing Canva

The user interface took me a fraction of the time to learn to use than the other options I was considering. And they have tons of options!

Jonathan

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2020

User Since They Were Young

When I was a fledgling independent designer, I needed a design solution that gave me much of the power of Adobe Illustrator, but without the cost. I also wanted something that didn't require me to install software on my machine – aka cloud-based. After seeing a post from Guy Kawasaki, who was evangelizing for the company, I decided to try Canva out. Over the years, the company has added loads of useful features that helped me decide to start all my designers off with Canva rather than app software. Also, having teams and a brand kit available are a boon for creating designs for our own in-house work.

PROS

I started my marketing business with the idea that I'd grow it with remote staff. I realized that meant I'd need to find a design solution that gave me the power of Illustrator without the cost and the necessity if installing software. Enter Canva, the cloud-based designer's Swiss army knife. With Canva, I can be in Buenos Aires, add a member to my team in Los Angeles, and get them straight to work...regardless of whether they're subscribed to Adobe's suite. Furthermore, the Canva interface has gotten much more robust over the years: smart guides, excellent export options, direct access to stock images – so the need for us to turn to Adobe is less and less.

CONS

Generally, the Canva team has really built an excellent product, so there's not much I can complain about. However, there is one small, nuanced thing I'd really like. With security and privacy becoming so important now, I would love to have two-factor authentication through an authenticator app. Canva does have 2FA through a text message, but my team travels a lot and our phones have been lost or stolen often. But we all have 1Password on our computers to generate security codes, which would have saved time, so adding an authenticator option for 2FA would be incredibly useful.

Reason for choosing Canva

Canva's subscription-based, cloud design solution made hiring new remote designers easy for my business. The other tools we browsed were powerful, but required licenses, training, and more cost. In the end, we chose the cloud because we'd never have to update software, pay for large updates, train employees, worry about incompatible hardware, and finding a separate cloud to host our work.

Reviewed September 2020

Great for New Company Marketing

Overall, I think Canva is a slide show tool with a strong commercial design aspect. It is relatively easy to use and with Canva Pro you have access to a massive library of slide templates, fonts and pictures. For a small company or group, I think Canva definitely makes your company look more professional and brings more appeal to your next pitch.

PROS

Canva is like a slide show type software that specializes on creating visually appealing slides. It is easy to create an account and start making slides. What I like most about this online software is that all your projects are stored online. Also, you can have access to many high quality designs and templates with little effort.

CONS

Canva Pro is about $120 a year or $13 as of September 2020. While the access to thousands of high quality fonts and templates are stunning, you can get a cheaper subscription from Microsoft PPM for $10 a month if you rather stick to basic slides. If going to a bigger enterprise type of subscription (which costs $30 a month), you only can have one brand kit. I wish I could have multiple brand kits instead of putting every design into a single brand kit which makes organization messy.

Reasons for switching to Canva

Working in a small start up, Canva makes commercial content creation more efficient. This is especially great when we do not have an official brand made yet. Canva has enough tools to possibly help you create a brand while Microsoft does not have as much creative options.

Kristine

Recreational Facilities and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2020

You can do it all on CANVA! You are only limited to your imagination.

Using and becoming familiar with CANVA has been a privilege I'm honored to have. My flyer making skills are now comparable to those who use expensive software's such as Illustrator or Photoshop, without the hassle of having to go through trainings or paying those hefty prices. It has made creating posts for social media so much easier and enjoyable. Editing on CANVA is a breeze, not even Publisher can compare.

PROS

My job demands flyers, banners and marketing materials to be made daily. You don't need a fancy software to do any of those things, all you need is CANVA. Canva is beyond user friendly. They give you all the tools needed to create any project, right at your fingertips. They are constantly adding new features and improving their old ones. They have plenty of templates to choose from which you can make your own or you can start completely from scratch. Although the paid version obviously has better options when it comes to clipart and different elements, however, there are a ton of free options to choose from that are sometimes just as good! I am constantly recommending CANVA to people in all different lines of work, because it really does work for anyone and anything.

CONS

The thing I like least about CANVA, which is in no way a deal breaker, is having to pay for the full version in order to have access to the best clipart/elements. However, I have always been able to complete my work and am always pleased with the finished product, all while using the free version.

Reasons for switching to Canva

Using CANVA has saved my company so much money, while producing similarly great market materials.

Nicole