Browse Procreate Reviews

Pedro from Universidad del Azuay

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Cheap, efficient and good drawing program

overall i am happy to have purchased this application, i use every day for different activities because you can do whatever you what, from graphic design, fashion design, take notas, to architectural drawings, in conclution i love it.

Pros

Procreate is one of the best drawing aplications available for IOS devices, it's a very intuitive applications that you can learn by practicing a few hours. It has a lot of Brushes, working with layers, and an export facility in any format.

Cons

The only bad thing is that you need to buy an Apple Pencil or any alternative, because without that it's very hard to use.

Michelle from Red Bella Agency

Good Drawing App For the Price

Procreate allows me the autonomy to create graphics for logos and collaterals by hand. These features are available with my adobe products, but I use this on my iPad with a pen and often times, on the go. It's just a simple little tool I can use when I'm not in front of a desktop or computer and I just like being able to pop into it and do my work and be done.

Pros

As a designer who tends to need software to draw out certain logos and images by hand (with an iPad and pen), I did like the fact that the software gave a wide range of brushes and even allowed you to create your own brushes. For the price, it has some good exporting features like animated gifs and downloadable replays of the image you were drawing as you were drawing it, which I thought was cool. Layers are easy to use, similar to Photoshop and Illustrator.

Cons

I did find that there was a bit of a learning curve with this software. There is a Procreate handbook but since I am familiar with Photoshop and Illustrator I figured I could skip the handbook and go straight to creating. I struggled with just a couple of things so you may need to take the time to reference the handbook, particularly if you're a novice.

Reasons for Choosing Procreate

I use Procreate on my iPad in addition to these products.

So easy with iPad and Pencil

It allows me to easily express myself creatively when inspiration strikes. For that alone it’s worth the money.

Pros

It’s intuitive to use, and has a big community of illustrators and graphic designers that share lots of helpful tips and tricks about Procreate.

Cons

Not much, it does what it says it will do. I guess if it had better image editing capabilities? But not a biggie. I’d prefer seperate tools that are superior at what they set out to be.

Reasons for Switching to Procreate

This seems like it was made for iPad and the Apple Pencil. It’s way easier and can export to PSD.

Teya from National Academy of Art Sofia

Great for amateurs. Bad for Pros.

I downloaded it because of the hype around it. I needed to check if it is that great and I kept my mind open. Unfortunately it was uncapable to turn me into their regular user and make me leave my favorite drawing app. I still use it occasionally hoping that it will impress me.

Pros

It is wonderful how easy it is to start drawing with Procreate. One does need any tutorial or Help menu. It is that intuitive that even kids can start using it right away. It is affordable and the people making it are not resting - they keep trying to make it better and richer. The interface is a masterpiece!

Cons

As someone who makes her living from drawing, I find Procreate poor in functionality. The brushes engine is really not the best and many of the functions that I use and need the most are hard to access, others don't even exist.

Nancy from Nancy Gervais Design

Procreate - the go to software for iPad artists

Procreate has been a huge plus for my business and I use it several times a week to create artwork for clients.I enjoy playing around in it on my own time as well!

Pros

Using Procreate on an iPad with an i pencil is the closest I have gotten to feeling like I am working in a sketch pad. The range of brushes and features is excellent and I like that there is such a large market of add-ons (brushes, color palettes etc.) available as well! Exporting artwork is a piece of cake!

Cons

There is a lot to his program, therefore a lot to learn. The learning curve was a little steep for me and I am still learning the ins and outs of how it functions.

Mariana from Mariana Preto Lettering

Must have for artists

I can accomplish art projects much faster than then when with paper, digitalizing, photoshoping...!

Pros

Easy to use, it's possible to export to pdf, psd, png... makes a hand lettering art project much more easy ans is a time saver.

Cons

It requeries a lot from the batery, I need to recharge several times or keep recharging when working in a bigger project.

Carl from IV

Must-Have Drawing Software for the iPad

I love using Procreate, and recommend it to anyone interested in doing art on the iPad; especially beginners who might be wary of investing in more expensive software. Though I primarily use Clip Studio Paint these days, I still have my copy of Procreate and will occasionally bust it out for simpler drawings.

Pros

One of the best drawing apps available for the iPad, and unbeatable for the price. Has great functionality, and they are constantly adding new features.

Cons

It's not especially intuitive, and does lack some features that more robust drawing programs have. Moving files from your desktop to iPad and back again as you work on them can be a bit tedious.

Andres from Universidad Técnica Federico Santa María

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

An excellent and cheap alternative to other graphich design softwares

Pros

The animation tools are amazing! Very intuitive and satisfactory to use.

Cons

About command and menus, the learning curve is a bit difficult, at least for me, but the results totally worth.

Kayla from Little Lights Kids Co.

Easy to use, endless possibilities

Overall, I am highly satisfied with my purchase of procreate. The more I use the software, the more I have enjoyed it. I have learned so much and grown as an artist with procreate.

Pros

Procreate is very easy to use and has endless possibilities to explore. Everything is extremely customizable and makes designing easier than I’ve ever experienced before.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve to all of the features on procreate so it may take a little while to understand all the features it has to offer.

Anthony from cashapp

Industry: Broadcast Media

Anybody can begin learning animation quickly and easily

It's powerful features make digital illustration a breeze, very user friendly meaning less time training employees and less confused employees

Pros

I love how the brand name ties into the product, your procreating with animation.

Cons

Not being optimized or available for Android and only Apple

Abdullah from Alaf Consult

Procreate

Procreate is really smooth and easy to start with. talk about jump in and start drawing, no tutorials needed. that is procreate

Pros

Procreate is really great for iPad users. the interface is very simple and the tools are at the edge giving enough screen real estate for artists to draw on. you don't need a digital pencil to draw but it's very recommended. it has features like palm rejection and gestures. it makes working easier and faster.

Cons

not detrimental but, it consumes more battery power than expected. due to it's palm rejection features coupled with my screen protector, it doesn't respond to finger gestures sometimes.

Reasons for Switching to Procreate

seeing what I am drawing on the screen is better than graphics tablets using a different screen

Crystal from Quills Up Fitness

Once you get it...

I struggled initially and gave up frequently, however I found the right tutorials out there to help me along and now I use it to mock up and design logos and graphics to use for my business.

Pros

I love the ability to do a huge variety of graphic design work in a single application. It has what feels like a million different pens to choose from and a ton of different things you can download and add to the app to make it even more functional for whatever you choose. Thankfully there are also a million and one different tutorials out there so you can figure out how to do what you need to do

Cons

There is a learning curve if you've never used this type of software (obviously) and it's easy to get frustrated at first until you figure things out. However, once you learn where everything is and how to use it, it is awesome.

Janice from PrintGiant, LLC

Industry: Graphic Design

Best drawing software for iPad

Pros

It's relatively easy to use if you're already familiar with traditional design software. Versatile, and has the best brush algorithms of any iPad software.

Cons

I think it has room to grow and become more complex. Some of the tools feel a little clumsy.

Giselle from Nissan

A really wonder for beginners

Im not surprised that is been considered the best art app by many users. I have been really happy using it.

Pros

As a beginner, and doing some drawing just for fun it has been a really enjoyable experience, the app is easy to use and have a lot of features that allows you to explore different styles and possibilities while drawing, have a lot of brushes to play and colors, and even options for adding palettes from a picture, layers, its just amazing. Also, Procreate have some tutorial videos on youtube for you to learn more about how to use the app.

Cons

Since it can be considered an app for professionals, an amateur maybe cannot seize all the features that the app have without knowing some art related concepts.

Marius from Little Boy Genius

Wife wanted drawing program on her iPad purchased without even thinking

Pros

It's full featured drawing program for iPad, have tried on both iPad and iPad pro and it's spectacular. Brushes, masks, layers, good canvas size, capability to export in multiple formats.

Cons

one needs to be aware that there is still canvas size limitations depending on the device. Also depending on canvas size procreate starts to limit the amount of layers.

Reasons for Choosing Procreate

As stated above one time fee vs. monthly.

Reasons for Switching to Procreate

One time purchase fee vs. cloud subscription.

Meghan from HOGAN MADE

Game Changer

I have an old school mindset when it comes to drawing, but drawing on the computer has always been a challenge for me. This is the first program that is not only rich with extensive solutions, but is also so incredibly simple to use.

Pros

I am a graphic artist and generally in the past I had drawn my ideas on paper, scanned it and then got to work....many, many hours of work. Since I got Procreate, I have saved myself HUNDREDS of hours of work!

Cons

There isn't much to not like. I am able to easily get fonts, draw and get support!

Haley from David Nase Property Management

Wonderful software!

I love this software! I am constantly finding new ways to use it. From animation to creating posters, making text, graphic design. It's wonderful! Highly recommend.

Pros

This software is amazing! So many options, so easy to use, so much potential for graphic design!

Cons

There's certain features I've been unaware of for quite some time, so maybe more instruction would have been helpful. Otherwise I can always use Youtube to watch tutorials so it's not of huge importance.

Alanna from Winkelman Photography

Industry: Photography

Just get it!

Pros

If you’re an artist, you will adore this program. Procreate let’s your creativity come to life in so many ways. Just when I think I know all it has to offer, I learn a new hidden trick within the app. Look up videos and tutorials, and you’ll see what I mean! It never ends, and it’s amazing.

Cons

The only thing that I didn’t like at first, was the learning curve. It isn’t necessarily straightforward, because there are hidden actions with things like two finger taps, or dragging from the color wheel into a drawn object to make the whole object one new color. Make sure you watch tutorials before digging in deep, or you may get frustrated! It’s much easier to use once you know the “hidden” features.

Alex from Dodgy Studio

Impressive

Procreate is great for basic note taking during meetings, but it really excels as a digital painting and drawing tool. Customizable brushes and an intuitive UI make the process of creating digital art really kind of fun and efficient.

Pros

Intuitive, feature rich, detailed brush customization

Cons

Small workflow quirks that I took a long time to get accustomed to.

Spencer from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Procreate - A Great Tool!

I’ve loved using procreate. It’s helped me create different ads and flyers.

Pros

Procreate has a lot of great tools and features.

Cons

Procreate has a pretty big learning curve. It takes a lot to get it down.