All Upper Hand Reviews

Shanel

Upper Hand for facility owners

The pricing is steep in comparison to the features.

PROS

I love the ease of setting up programs and clinics. The software is great for creating clinics with easy to understand prompts.

CONS

The software features are not robust enough to manage a facility. The reporting function lacks features to easily capture daily sales. The mobile reports feature doesn't exist. The software is great for clinics but cumbersome for recurring classes and front desk check in.

Reasons for switching to Upper Hand

I wanted an easy to use software for our clients

Hi Shanel, Thank you so much for your review. We are glad to hear that setting up your programs and clinics is easy, and ease of use for your clients has been improved. We appreciate your feedback on how we can continue to improve to better serve your needs. Have a great day!

Brandon

Regretting Leaving MindBody

PROS

The ability to create a unique platform specific to our business needs. Merchant fee for credit card transactions is favorable as well.

CONS

At our business we are constantly booking clients. We have a mix of repeat and new customers but for the most part we know when we’re seeing clients and classes. The fact that we still cannot make recurring events possible is ridiculous. I should not have to time out of each day to book a client, whom I have had at the same time and date for over 6 months, over and over again. It’s been promised for Q1 for 2020 but that was after Q3 and Q4 of 2019 fell through so we will see. The mobile app continues to either crash or run extremely slow regardless of cell service or WiFi connectivity. Its a coin flip whether I’ll be able to complete a purchase or book an event with out the window dropping. The desktop version is better but we’re not in front desk all day. Functionality seems so circuitous to perform simple tasks like deleting or rescheduling events. I have to find the three vertical dots on one side of the screen then the window populates on the other side to do quick pay or reschedule. If I want to delete I have to search for the specific client rather than doing it through the calendar view where I can actually see the event I’m deleting/rescheduling in the context of my day. In order to reschedule I have click view session then find three vert dots. View event doesn’t seem to do anything. Now imagine trying to train employees who don’t have the knowledge of this platform on how to use this.

Reasons for switching to Upper Hand

Not sure but might be regretting it.

Hi Brandon, Thank you for your candid feedback. We are glad you have had a positive experience with our customer support teams, but are sorry to hear some of the functionality has not met your expectations. We appreciate your feedback on how we can continue to improve our product. Thank you, and have a great day!

Donny

Thanks UH

Excellent, super easy to easy and intuitive..great people at UH

PROS

Ease of use, great customer service, easy for customers and super Intuitive.

CONS

Functionality could be boosted for our industry, a few work around a here and there.

Reason for choosing Upper Hand

Best value for pricing and functuonality

Reasons for switching to Upper Hand

Wanted a program that did all of our sports needs.

Hey Donny! Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review. We're thrilled to hear that you appreciate the customer service and find it easy for your customers to use. However, we're sorry to hear that the functionality could be boosted for your industry, and we'd like to learn more about the specifics that could be improved for your use case(s)! I've shared for your feedback with our team and they will be reaching out in hopes of scheduling a product feedback call. Thank you again for your candid feedback and have a great day!

Great Business Tool

It has helped me a lot so far!

PROS

Really nice way to have all your clients in one system.

CONS

Can be confusing especially on the customer face, when signing up for the first time. I commonly get questions about the schedule as they cannot see it before they sign up for a package or membership.

N/a

Reasons for switching to Upper Hand

Needed a little more organization and membership capability.

Hi Chris, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of the software! We're so glad to hear that our platform has helped your business and keep your clients organized in one system! That said, we greatly appreciate your feedback on how we can create a better scheduling experience for you and your clients. Thank you again for the review, and hope you enjoy your day! CK

Mackenzie

MacRoc Soccer Review

Overall it is great if we can diminish/decrease the occurrences of glitches/issues within the software.

PROS

Honestly, I do not know where my business would be without UpperHand. It has been such an asset when organizing our clients, calendars, reports ect.

CONS

Quite too often, the software has glitches and errors that keep us from conducting business at the times we would like to. In time, they are always fixed, but it does put a dent in what we do from the admin side as well as the cliental side and it is quite frustrating.

Reason for choosing Upper Hand

I liked the opportunity to schedule and set up events the way my business needed it to be.

Hi Mackenzie, Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review. We're ecstatic to hear that you don't know where MacRoc would be without our software!! Here at Upper Hand, we are committed to providing the best client experience. We are aware of some of the glitches you've experienced and are glad we've been able to rectify them quickly. Our Engineers are committed to reducing any product instability to eliminate this moving forward. Thank you again for the review and have a great day!

Sean

Great Opening Experience

We've really enjoyed the experience with Upper Hand's staff and software. Every interaction has been friendly, engaging, informational, professional, and super helpful. We can't compliment the staff we've worked with enough, as they have been instrumental in making us feel comfortable about our decision to use their software, as well as their services. Very happy we made this decision!

PROS

We are loving the features and potential of the Upper Hand software! As we get our business off the ground it has been great exploring the various features, and we are excited about the customer experience we'll be able to provide thanks to the software's ease of use!

CONS

Honestly, nothing at this point. We are still learning more and more as we develop our programs but for every question relating to our programs, Upper Hand has been up to the task.

Reason for choosing Upper Hand

Customer service, software ease of use, features we were looking for, web design, and flexibility to grow with our needs. We are very pleased with our choice - thank you!

Hi Sean, Thank you so much for the review, specifically the comments on the customer experience and positive interactions with our team!! We look forward to the future of our partnership!

Upper Hand review

So far its been a good tool for us that is much less expensive than what our company was previously utilizing.

PROS

Ease of use and ability to schedule events quickly.

CONS

Not able to move credits around very easily

Reason for choosing Upper Hand

I wasn't involved in that decision.

Reasons for switching to Upper Hand

Mindbody was too expensive and we needed to cut costs.

Hi Jennifer, We appreciate you taking the time to write a review, and are glad to hear that you find it easy to use and quickly schedule your events. However, we're sorry to hear that you've experienced some challenges with managing client credits. Thank you again for providing feedback, and hope you enjoy your day! CK

Tina

Buck Fastpitch Academy Review of Upper Hands Sports Software

Overall, we have been extremely happy with our customer service experience with Upper Hand. They are great to work with, and are always so quick to answer questions or fix software bugs. I don't know how I would have grown my business success without the Upper Hand software and their team!

PROS

I love the camp/clinic registration feature, as it significantly helps reduce time I spend processing registrations and payments. Additionally, I love the messaging feature, as it allows me to send mass marketing e-mails and messages to our entire team of athletes, parents and coaches. Lastly, I love that I am able to access Upper Hand through the mobile app, as I am always on the go and often need to be able to schedule or process a payment when I am away from my computer.

CONS

The software is sometimes not very intuitive for the client. I often have clients contact me, because they are struggling with the scheduling feature, as they are not able to easily access their lessons credits or past scheduled lessons. It would be great if they would be able to view all past and upcoming events, as well as their total number of remaining event credits on their dashboard after signing into the mobile app. And while I love the messaging feature on the app, I wish it was better visually designed and would allow you insert graphics and change font size and style. Lastly, while I was thrilled with the latest upgrade that sends out automated reminders, I was bummed that this is only offered to those who upgrade their accounts to the next level. When I first purchased the Upper Hand software, this was one of the initial features included in the membership. I would love to see this feature included for all membership types.

Reason for choosing Upper Hand

I was contacted by an Upper Hand sales rep, and from day one I was so impressed by their service, industry knowledge and technology I didn't even see a need to research alternative products.

Hi Tina, Thanks for taking the time to write a great review! We're happy to hear that Upper Hand helps you reduce time with admin tasks and that the messaging and mobile app have been helpful. Have a great day!

Reviewed January 2024

Review of hub

PROS

It has gotten faster and better by the day s mouth, year!

CONS

Still has too many steps for calendar view to see full view of instructors

Hi Andrew, Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review! We are thrilled to hear that our software has continued to improve each day/ month/ year! And, we greatly appreciate your feedback on how we can continue to improve the app to best fit your business's needs. Thank you again for your kind words and feedback, and hope you have a great day! - CK

Replied January 2024

Jason

DBAT Chattanooga

My overall experience has been the most frustrating thing I have ever encountered in the business world because of lack of training. You sent a person to train us who was here 4 days and did not even know about the DBAT hub with the tutorials and articles. I asked every day, is there not any written material or hand outs we can print off that explains this training and the answer was no! We were honestly trained on about 2% of the system and that was suspect as we have since found the way we were trained to put members in was incorrect and have had to redo all that were put in. We found the hub upper hand training tutorial by chance after the trainer was gone and have basically had to train ourselves on how to use the entire system and it has been extremely frustrating! There is not enough support staff to serve us as a user. When we have issues it is difficult to get a response from upperhand the same day and no phone support offered is awful as not everything can be handled by email 2-3 days later!

PROS

The features that are available for all the services we provide.

CONS

- Almost zero training for me and our staff. - Minimal phone support when have issues from lack of training - the calendar schedule events and the pos system does not talk to each other when paid from pos it doesn’t update calendar and shows unpaid even though was paid. - if have to manually discount an event it still shows unpaid in calendar.

Jason, First off, thanks for sharing your feedback. We're really sorry that the initial training didn't meet your expectations - clearly, we fell short, and we apologize. We are working hard to right the ship with your frustrations, and hope that having our staff on site at your facility over the next two days will help gain back the trust of you and your staff. The last thing we want to do is let our customers down, and moving forward, we're going to do everything in our power to hold ourselves to that standard. Thanks again for your feedback.

Christopher

Reviewed March 2020

Great Value

We have been a user since the beginning of when Upper Hand created their software. I have been able to grow my personal business along with the growth of Upper Hand. They have always listened to user ideas and have implemented many of our suggestions. They've been a great fit for our company.

PROS

Pretty easy to use. Reporting. Ease to duplicate events. Great customer service

CONS

Edit-ability of pricing and what is shown when a buyer gets a marketing email. Offer a check box system at check out.

Reason for choosing Upper Hand

More functions than last product.

Reasons for switching to Upper Hand

My business was growing and I needed a platform that offered more functionality and was still affordable.

Hi Chris, Thanks for the kind words! We're thrilled to hear that Upper Hand has been apart of your growth at STFA over the years - it's been great growing with you! Thanks for all of your feedback over the years and helping us continually improve. Thanks again for taking the time to write up this review!

Robert

Sports, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2020

Utah Youth Tennis

For the most part, it's been very good.

PROS

It's very easy to use. I enjoy the reliability and support.

CONS

I wish it had a little more flexibility in the functionality so that I could tailor it to the specific needs of my organization.

Reason for choosing Upper Hand

It was suggested by the company that we used before that went out of business.

Reasons for switching to Upper Hand

They shut down and suggested Upper Hand.

Hi Robert, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We are thrilled to hear you find our software easy to use and have had a positive experience with our support team! We also appreciate your feedback on how we can continue to improve flexibility and functionality for your specific use case(s). I have passed this along to our team to continue the discussion on how we can tailor our software to fit your needs. Thank you again, and have a great day!

Replied November 2020

Reviewed October 2016

Their support is 2nd to none!

When I was in the process of considering software programs to power our indoor facility's lesson scheduling I reviewed three different companies. After considering the functionality and going through the original online meeting with the personnel from upper hand it was quite clear to me which would best serve my needs. At the time, I didn't even know how good their support network was but having called upon that several times I can attest that it would have been the number one reason for choosing upper hand.

PROS

Their customer support is beyond what you can expect. I reached out to Mike service representative on a Sunday evening recently and she helped me work through an issue that enabled me to find The names of kids on teams in a hitting league. I cannot believe she answered my question on a Sunday evening !!!

CONS

It can be a little bit cumbersome for the first time user but once the customers become accustomed to the software and the app, then the problem goes away.

Thanks for the review Chris!

Replied May 2018

Matt

Reviewed January 2018

Tons of potential. Powerful software for what you pay. Needs some tweaking in areas on admin side.

PROS

The ability to create events and set a schedule is great. Inviting new clients is easy and from my customer feedback it sounds like registering is a pretty easy process.

CONS

On the admin side there tends to be some areas that take a few too many steps to complete a process. Whether it's changing details in an event, or simply trying to see who is registered for event, it tends to be a much longer process than it should be to retrieve or adjust the information. A quick pull up on the calendar of who the attendee(s) are for an event would be nice. The process to find that information now is quite time consuming and can be frustrating. There's seems to be bugs in random stuff you do. Having events randomly not show up in the calendar can be frustrating. Double booking has never been an issue as the system still reflects the proper availability for an instructor, but on the admin side, I need to see the schedule in full detail.

Thanks for the feedback, Matt! Since you posted this review, we have solved most of the issues that you have listed! Below are the updates: 1. Easy attendee view from the calendar 2. Simple event check-in drawer 3. Weekly calendar view and customizable calendar columns 4. Ability to "clone" events so that you can easily duplicate/edit existing events We're always working to address bugs as well, so with more specifics on that, we can certainly get them cleaned up. Thanks again for the feedback!

Replied March 2018

Arianna

Upper Hand Review

PROS

It is pretty easy to use. I was going to use zen planner but ended up backing out due to it being so hard to learn. Upper Hand has been great when it comes to learning the system and running with it.

CONS

There isn’t a calendar that list all the available times for the month for clients to choose from. I’ve had some clients suggest adding a calendar that lays out the month and the available times.

Reason for choosing Upper Hand

I knew of a company that used Upper Hand.

Hi Arianna, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We're so glad to hear that Upper Hand has been easy to implement and use for your business! We also greatly appreciate your feedback on how we can continue to improve our product. So, we have taken your feedback to our product team. Thank you again, and hope you have a great day! CK

Gabriela

D-BAT COS Review

Very responsive when we encounter our issues

PROS

It’s organized, and we now enjoy receiving reminders for camps, clinics, and lessons.

CONS

It’s not retail friendly at all. We encounter so many issues daily as far as scheduling lessons, camps, and clinics. We have a lot of issues editing contact information, and we have always had issues with our app connected to the system.

D-BAT Corporate decision

D-BAT Corporate made this decision

Hi Gabriela, Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. We are glad you find the camps/ clinics/ lessons aspects easy to use. However, we are sorry to hear that the retail functionality can be boosted for your use cases. We have taken your feedback to our product team so that we may continue to improve to better serve your business and clients. Thank you again, and have a great day!

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees