All Mindbody Reviews

Jeannie

Consumer Goods, 501 - 1,000 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed May 2021

Has been great for our business

Emily

Accounting, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed November 2020

MindBody is almost all the software you need for a gym or studio

Overall, MindBody is great and I don't think I've even used half of the features after several years of regular use. There is a way to do anything, and tech always provides good help.

PROS

There is a wide variety of ways that you can structure contracts and payments. The feature that allows you to attach PDF documents to each client helps towards operating in a more paperless manner.

CONS

Refunds and returns are a bit confusing. The product could also be improved with a better attendance system. They should improve the attendance feature. The sign in app apparently doesn't work and we have used a different sign in software.

Reasons for switching to Mindbody

MindBody offers more features for Gym memberships including the ability to set up recurring memberships via ACH bank automatic withdrawal.

Lisa

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Reviewed June 2024

Great tool to schedule classes

PROS

Mindbody is so incredibly easy to schedule classes and it keeps track of my schedule. I can find classes and cancel if something comes up and I cannot make it. I can also see who is instructing the class. Basically, I never have to call the gym anymore because all the information is in the app.

CONS

It is a little clunky when trying to schedule classes at multiple gyms. It is not easy to navigate between all of them but it is not impossible.

Alexandrew

Atrocious

It worked until it didnt. For a single site studio perhaps its still possible but anyone with no knowledge on how to find your own solutions do not use this product at all.

PROS

Works to some extent. Seems to have all the basic functions a CRM should have. But in the most convulated way known to man.

CONS

A rather long list. 1. Manual release of scheduling if youd like to do a specific release timing. You have to PHYSICAL PRESS A BUTTON in order to have a schedule released at a specific time and date. In a world where CRMS allow you to prebuild a schedule and release it at a specific time and date that you select, having to PHYSICAL PRESS A RELEASE BUTTON makes absolutely no sense. 2. A membership system that makes no sense. Clients arent able to suspend their membership and book for a class until the day the membership is unsuspended. IE if a client suspends a membership until 16th they cannot book for a class on the 17th until the day of the 16th actually arrives. This makes no sense whatsoever when a simple code can fix this. 3. Over promises a products functions. I was sold a Cross Regional product with the promise that my clients can book across studios seamlessly. They could not book without 10 million manual inputs and believe me it was not seamless. After numerous attempts by them to fix it. It to this day is not fixed and they will not let me leave the platform even after being proven that their solution is not work. When told of the issues I am told : " Thats a known limitation and is on the roadmap". No such thing was limitation was made known to me prior to signing. This list can go on and on and on. If youre reading this and have a desire to have multiple studios or a product that is easy to use / manage. DO NOT USE MINDBODY.

Hi Alexandrew - We're sorry to hear about your experience. It's definitely not what we're striving to deliver. If there's anything that we can do to make your Mindbody experience better, we'd love to continue the conversation directly. We'll also pass along your feedback to our solutions team members for clarification.

Replied June 2024

Bri

Alternative Medicine, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Worst software , DO NOT recommend

Incredible waste of time, energy and money for me and clients. Unbelievably frustrating and exhausting.

PROS

Nothing, I wish I could go back in time and reverse ever using them. Over charging, no refunds, billing without consent, no receipts

CONS

Hours and days of being on hold. Endless glitches with no solution Charges for no reason with no receipt

Reason for choosing Mindbody

The sales rep was very good and extremely misleading.

Reasons for switching to Mindbody

Amazing customer service Excellent seamless software No hidden fees No extra charges without consent Local and relevant customer service No wait times

Agatha

Machinery, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Best Scheduling Solution For Mindbody

PROS

With Mindbody, handling reservations and business scheduling. It is affordable and smooth while using.

CONS

No problems with Mindbody. It is an amazing solution.

Trish

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Difficult to Use but Necessary

It is a necessary part of the business but never worked well and has always been a software that we've tried to leave and find a better suited software for our business. My franchisees had constant complaints and often things just don't work correctly and it's difficult to get help or figure out why.

PROS

Fairly easy to use the email functions and member communications functions. I was able to teach myself or use help topics to figure out how to do most things.

CONS

Reporting is not easy to use or to find. The system has multiple limitations and is not user friendly. There is no "shopping cart" experience where I could resell or cross sell. Customer service is a nightmare.

Payam

Mindbody Review

Overall get's the job done but it can be better in a lot of areas.

PROS

Everything all in one place. Schedules, appointment counts, contracts, payment.

CONS

Lack of flexibility. Large requirement for customer service help at times. Not as customer focused as it could be.

kimberly

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

MINDBODY is Functional, But Not Great

Help Desk is responsive and generally very helpful, except when they guess at the answer and leave us spinning. It's very expensive. I don't like the app. The views are not a good representation of what is really going on with a client's account. The app is difficult for clients to navigate, yet they don't like to use the web version because it is inconvenient. Sales Team is generally unresponsive.

PROS

Available across the country so clients can book in advance. Ease of rosters

CONS

Expensive. Have to have an instance for each site. Recent Upgrades were not Upgrades. They messed things up. Inability to customize reports.

Courtney

Mindbody for an Athletic Training Facility

PROS

I like that we can handle almost all of our business needs in one application.

CONS

I dislike how many aspects seem outdated. And I dislike when the software glitches or goes down.

Thanks for your review, Courtney! We definitely strive to be a comprehensive solution for our customers and have been leaning in heavily to deliver even more innovation and reliability for our platform over the past year. Please let us know if you ever need anything!

Replied June 2024

Nicholas

Recreational Facilities and Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Fitness Goals

Highly recommend. My business has grown in the short amount of time I have been using the app. Looking forward to the future benefits.

PROS

Being able to schedule appointments with clients I service. Easy to see availability of my schedule and allows my clients to see availability. No need to communicate with them outside of the app. Simple and organized.

CONS

Notifications when things change on my schedule. Before appointments begin, I have to make sure that the client is still coming in by checking the schedule. There have been times I did not receive notice they cancelled.

Meredith

Recreational Facilities and Services, 11-50 employees

Long term Mindbody user

PROS

Ease of scheduling and booking clients. Payment processing.

CONS

Need family based profiles. They only do individual profiles which causes issues with families.

Tanille

Alternative Medicine, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed May 2024

My goto app for searching classes that are available for the time that I have carved out!

MindBody is my go-to app for seeing what is available in local classes. It is also my go-to app when traveling; when I find a few hours, I can use it for self-care. I have explored many courses I would never have considered without using MindBody as my primary search. More minor business schedules do not populate a standard Google search, so I always use MindBody first.

PROS

I love that I can see many types of classes available during a time slot that I have available for self-care. My schedule is always shifting, and self-care time slots overlap with other obligations. MindBody shares what's happening now and in the future, allows me to explore options and book classes, and sends me a calendar link with mapping. I love this app!

CONS

Having a time slot - mileage willing to travel - and available search options would be helpful.

Reasons for switching to Mindbody

Small businesses and localized classes often do not appear in Google searches.

Jessica

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Mindbody Staff

PROS

Easy to use and easy to change things. Also schedule online is easy.

CONS

There are 5 different ways to do the same thing.

April

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed January 2024

Fantastic App!

Mindbody is a great app to make appointments and keep track of schedules.

PROS

I love how easy Mindbody is to use. I can easy and quickly find my appointments and also see other options in my area.

CONS

It would be nice if it kept me logged in, it seems I have to log back in every time.

Reviewed November 2023

Perfect for health and wellness industries

PROS

MindBody offers a user-friendly interface, and robust scheduling features.

CONS

The prices are not shown in the pricing page.

Kurt

Sports, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2019

MindBody for Small Gym

Scheduling calendar is simple, intuitive and the drag & drop feature is priceless! MindBody is a One Stop Shop for a small, service oriented business and it can easily be expanded as the company grows.

PROS

Easy to use, very intuitive. Set up took almost no time at all. MindBody allows me to schedule Personal Training Sessions and Group Training Sessions, deal with Point of Sale transactions and even track inventory. The software is flexible enough to handle multiple users and expand when needed. The software will also take into account independent contractors. Most functions are very user friendly and mistakes are easy to correct.

CONS

I use MindBody to process my merchant services and processing transactions over a weekend, especially a holiday weekend, can result in a longer than expected delay before the bank receives the funds. It can take time to put together information for sales tax, most of my business, 95%, is service related. All transactions are recorded, it's just a matter of remembering which questions to ask to get the correct answer.

Reasons for switching to Mindbody

RhinoFit didn't have the flexibility I needed and wasn't as intuitive

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2020

MindBody for Music Schools

Studio automation is always a plus - if you haven't used Auto-Pay, you should really try it. Automated emails are really the best part. For us, it's slow, kind of clunky, and doesn't fit our needs as well as we had hoped. Them withholding our money was definitely the main impetus for our disillusionment.

PROS

Integrated billing/scheduling/contractor & staff payroll. Automated email messaging. Automated customer billing. A large variety of services thought to improve retention and conversion. Tech support is very knowledgeable, professional and helpful.

CONS

We've been using MB for over 7 years. It was affordable when we started, but has continued to increase in cost. It is now very expensive, by comparison to other offerings. The billing system is extremely complicated to set up and is difficult to train. It's really built for yoga studios, etc., and is not a good solution for music schools. The vast majority of the add-on products they promote are not useful to those that only book recurring appointments, like music schools do. They seem to be designed for pushing individual appointment booking, which is the opposite of what we need. There are constant "improvements" which always add more page loads - when we first started, you could go to any page on the site within 2 clicks. The daily tasks you need are now, all, at least 3 page loads away, if not more. In other words, their improvements always slow us down and don't add any value that we can perceive. The reason we're going to move to something else was cemented this week: On Apr. 1 our Auto-Pays ran like normal. On Apr. 2 they sent us an email informing us that 20% of what they owed us was being held to protect our clients due to changes from the COVID-19 pandemic. We were left scrambling for cash to cover checks we had already written. There was no warning that they were going to short us. They claimed that the "entire processing industry" was doing this, but I can find no evidence that that is true. It looks like they were holding back our money to protect themselves.

Reason for choosing Mindbody

MB was better suited, ironically, to private appointments. There was no Jackrabbit Music, yet, so their focus seemed to be more on group classes.

Reasons for switching to Mindbody

At the time, it was a better option than what we had.

Ryan