All ActiveCampaign Reviews

The best ESP out there.

Antonio

Human Resources, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2020

My first marketing automation platform, its about to pay for itself

As a startup founder, It is really difficult to choose the right platform to commit with. You have free options and very expensive ones. So Active campaign was a great option for me, right on the sweet spot. Their customer success team is the best. I have had three on boarding one-on-one calls where they have understood my business and helped me with all the setup, resources and best practices to start using it the best way possible. It is a very robust system, I only use the email automation, segmentation and I am starting to use their CRM, but the posibilites are endless. So far I love it

PROS

It is super easy to setup and use The best customer support I have ever had on any kind of service/product A thorough on boarding process, with personal coaching You can automate every single part of your marketing funnel and still have a nice personal touch with your best leads Endless possibilities to interact with your customers and prospects and track every behavior with you

CONS

It is so wide that I find myself a little overwhelmend on how to take as much as possible from the system without burning out. I am in the 2,500 contacts bracket, and I think its price is fair. But when I have to sacle it up, it will seem pricy

Reason for choosing ActiveCampaign

Better price (against Hubspot) So many more functions (Against convertkit and others)

Reasons for switching to ActiveCampaign

I made research and wanted a more robust solution. I compared Active campaign against hubspot and convertkit and I preferred Active Campaign

Jamie

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Great but requires experience

It’s super powerful if used by someone with a few years experience of building out complex email workflows and automations, but it was simply too powerful for what we needed, which was to simply send a basic drip-feed campaign to engaged prospects and send out a weekly newsletter to customers.

PROS

The email builder is incredibly easy to use and offers lots of decent templates. It’s possible to create complex campaigns with lots of automated paths, workflows and split-tests for large data sets. The analytics and alerts are great too.

CONS

It’s a little overkill for small businesses or marketing teams that just require a basic automated email tool.

Jason

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2022

Automation Broken & Engineers Won't Fix

Kind & courteous customer service & onboarding. The chat support is decent & you can get questions answered; however, their achilles heel is that their engineering team is apparently asleep behind the wheel and not only don't fix bugs, but provide zero communication about fixing them.

PROS

Pricing is excellent, features are great, and the company is very innovative. Overall, I really want the relationship to work.

CONS

The automation rules are broken. I have one field update automation that's broken. It's a simple field update automation that says if field a) value = x, then update field b) to be y; however, it's broken and I sent ticket to them ~4 weeks ago. More importantly, I spend all of this time doing the implementation. ,and now their automated emails will not trigger. I submitted tickets to engineering ~4 weeks ago, and I haven't heard a PEEP from the engineers. They are kind enough to give me June service free; however, that's not what i actually want. I want the software to work so that all of the 100+ hours of time I've invested in building landing pages, automations, data imports, etc, can actually be realized.

Reason for choosing ActiveCampaign

Because their sales team was courteous and knowledgeable, and you get a lot of value for your money.

Reasons for switching to ActiveCampaign

I moved CRM & support software to salesforce.com, so I saw ActiveCampaign and felt it was great value for the money. But that only applies if the software actually works as advertised.

Clement

Music, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2024

The best email marketing service !

PROS

I love it, very good and very easy to use for my business

CONS

Nothing, everything is perfect with ActivCampaign

Reasons for switching to ActiveCampaign

ActiveCampaign is better and I have more Campaign and segmentations options

Douglas

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

The best CRM

PROS

The simplicity of the platform and the graphic interface

CONS

The speed of the interface could be better

Joseph

Construction, 201-500 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Nganga Views on ActiveCampaign

PROS

Ease if creating, customizing and sending high volume outbound marketing emails is what I like most.

CONS

At the moment I do not experience any drawback on AC.

Mental Health Care, 1 employee

Used monthly for more than 2 years

My AC Review

PROS

the interconnection between campaigns, contacts and the classification in tags and lists

CONS

german translation ;) maybe it would be nice, if there would be more tutorials for specific themes, video tutorials

Katrin

Alternative Medicine, 2-10 employees

Really good Tool for email Marketing

PROS

Easy to use Wide range of functions Flexibility

CONS

Perhaps a little too expensive Not all functions are easy to find

Jaden

Consumer Goods, 2-10 employees

Automated Email and SMS Campaigns Made Simple and Seamless

PROS

I use ActiveCampaign to seamlessly automate personalized emails for unique customer experiences and for capturing my most-promising leads. It features so many tools that you can use to build email or SMS automations that can be triggered or respond to a customer's actions. There are nearly 1000 native integrations like Shopify, Stripe, Slack, Calendly, Google Ads, Facebook and Instagram.

CONS

ActiveCampaign uses a subscription pricing model that may be a little costly for some businesses starting out.

Guido

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Excellent!

PROS

Automation, UX experience, connetcivity

CONS

Price, Limit number of contacts, multiaccount logic

Carmelo

Internet, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2019

Complete and flexible with a great API

My expirience is overall good. In my case they even have an Italian interface and I contacted support a couple of times but as an avarege user you will probably not need assistence with this.

PROS

Active Campaign is a great software, it is very easy to use and having used Aweber and GetResponse I can tell you that the biggest difference is that everything in Active is organized in a logical way and it is easy to grasp. But what is their stronger point in my opinion is the API system, I was able to add, update and delete contacts from a PHP script in a very simple way. Their documentation is very well done and they have functional examples that you can use as a base fro your work.

CONS

The cost structure could be better, other software they can be cheeper but I'm willing to pay that extra money for the simplicity of usage.

Reason for choosing ActiveCampaign

API system is very flexible and simple for use. We where able to connect with wordpress Gravity forms, with a Vanilla PHP script and with Opencart.

Reasons for switching to ActiveCampaign

I switched by chance. A client was suggesting to switch to getresponse because it got a trial offer and I get to love this software after that

Geir

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2020

This blew my mind

Fantastic!! And extraordinary follow up by their team! Tons of free personal 1:1 help, which I never expected.

PROS

Switched to ActiveCampaign from Pipedrive via ConvertKit and Keap - this is something else. I am so impressed. Very easy to use and well laid out, it is easy to create some of the most robust automated customer follow ups I have seen. AC blows the other softwares out of the water. It works, it is easy to understand and it is the most powerful peace of software I have seen in years. I am so pleased my grin goes all the way around my head.

CONS

Customer service gave 8-10 min waiting time on their chat support these days, and that is just not good enough.

Reason for choosing ActiveCampaign

Tried Keap, but their software are very cumbersome to use compared with ActiveCampaign. Used two weeks with help from a keap consultant and was still not near to be up and running. Used two days in AC on my own, as comparison. Further on Keap does not support country soesific characters in customers names, so I could not import my list, a ton of stuff does not work outside US, so it turned out there was not much left we could actually use. The rock at marketing, but the software - not for us!!

Reasons for switching to ActiveCampaign

Pipedrive is a very good service, but they change things all the time and breaks our aotomations. This created a ton of trouble for us, and when addressing the issue with them, they did not care. So after three years with this we left.

Peggy

Publishing, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2020

Extremely User Friendly and Subscription Comes with Great Support

When my big company split up and sold off all of its individual brands, I went from having an email staff to me taking on that responsibility all myself. My staff had been using Hubspot and I did try to learn that platform but it was not intuitive, rather clumsy...and VERY expensive. And since we no longer had the deep corporate pockets we once had, I had to move to something that was lower priced and easy enough for me to be up and running quickly. I investigated about 4 difference platforms and settled on AC and have not been disappointed. I think I made a great choice that a non-tech person like me can use and won't break our small company bank.

PROS

I like the fact that someone like me, who has only ever written campaigns for others to create but now has to do everything myself, can get up to speed pretty quickly and now I feel very comfortable with the platform. Although there are some odd, small nuances in the drag and drop, that functionality is really good and let's me create my campaigns quickly and easily.

CONS

For the most part, this is a great tool, but there are a few things I would like to see addressed. The first one was just addressed recently and you can now "undo." Not having an undo and instead looking at a bunch of dropdown times was not efficient, so kudos to AC for fixing that! I would also like to be able to search my images by keyword...that would save me a ton of time. Also, and this one would really be helpful...I find that creating a suppression file is an awkward process. I would like to be able to choose and list to send to and a list to suppress against that send list. Creating the segment for the suppression is not intuitive and I get confused with that.

Reason for choosing ActiveCampaign

I am not a millennial. I am not a technical person. And, I had never had to create email campaigns in the past...I've only ever had to write copy for them. AC enabled someone like me to create and blast my own campaigns easily and the ramp-up learning time was pretty short. I also like their customer care...although my rep recently left and his replacement is not quite as attentive, it's great to have an actual person to help me when I need it.

Reasons for switching to ActiveCampaign

HubSpot if a great tool if you have a week to attend their training in Boston and are an inherently technical person, but I didn't have a week to take out of my workflow and no longer had the budget to pay the HubSpot high price tag. I found AC to be way more user friendly at a reasonable price which is exactly what I needed.

Deanna

Professional Training & Coaching, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2020

Very happy with ActiveCampaign!

My business is still small but growing and I know that there is a lot more to tap into for what ActiveCampaign can do but I have been very happy with it so far. When I was deciding who to go with, I researched many of the options that were popular and this one just seemed like the best one. Now a couple years later, I'm seeing more and more people praising it and what it can do. That's got me thinking I made the right choice. I mean, I figured at the time that it was the right choice but I'm seeing that validated by other's comments, too.

PROS

I like how powerful this software is and for a great price! When I started with it, I had quite a bit of a learning curve to learn it but had excellent help from support staff. It integrated well with my other online sites. Now I'm all set up and it runs like a charm. I look forward to using more of its capability as my business grows.

CONS

I have found it a little complicated for setting up with new lead magnets but I have attributed that to its ability to do so much so that you have to navigate around to set up what you need. And, I am still learning it. But what's great is that you can duplicate an automation. So once you have created what you want, you don't have to necessarily go back to square one. That I like very much!

Reason for choosing ActiveCampaign

Price was a big factor and this one seemed perfect for where I was at which was at the beginning of starting to grow a list. But it also just seemed more robust for what you paid for it compared to the others. It was going to let me start off not paying a lot but have so many awesome features. And, I considered that as my business would grow, the increased price still seemed reasonable. So, I went with it.

Candice

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2020

I recommend it to everyone!

PROS

I recommend ActiveCampaign to all of my clients for two specific reasons. Easy of use and features. My clients hire me because they are not tech-savvy but ActiveCampaign gives them the freedom to use a robust email marketing platform with ease after getting over a very short and small learning curve. ActiveCampaign has an AMAZING and thorough online help database as well.

CONS

The only thing that I personally find missing from ActiveCampaign is Dubsado integration (although ActiveCampaign has a TON of integrations options so that might be a fault on Dubsado's end). I also think it would be nice to add landing pages. I host my landing pages on my Showit site but it would be a great option for some of my clients who haven't launched their site yet and want to start building their email list.

Reason for choosing ActiveCampaign

I ended up choosing ActiveCampaign because it ultimately gave me all the features and automation capabilities that I want and need for my business at a great price.

Reasons for switching to ActiveCampaign

ActiveCampaign is significantly cheaper with a very sturdy platform. Building automation is not only very easy in ActiveCampaign but you can do a lot with their automation system.

Mike

E-Learning, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2021

Best of its kind but getting complacent on the basics

I was a huge advocate for AC early on. Now, I temper that because of my frustrations. If they listen to their users more and get down to fixing the basics that are way outdated, they can soon get back to a full 5* experience. But for now, I would say try it out carefully. If you don't need the capabilities that distinguish it from the likes of MailChimp, it probably is not worth the annoying hassles.

PROS

This is high-end marketing automation at mid-market pricing. If you want to automate marketing to a high-degree and with great sophistication, AC allows you to do nearly anything - yet at a price point similar to email marketing tools with little or no automation. That's why I chose Active Campaign and why I stick with it.

CONS

For all of its technical sophistication, there are a few weak points around basics. Its email creation interface feels dated and the handling of image assets is clunky and horrid. Creating restore points and undo is flaky and unreliable. And what makes all this so bad is that users have logged these points for several years as top requests and AC has not addressed them. Instead they add fancy functionality. The basics of everyday use matter and the experience spoils the software for me.

Reason for choosing ActiveCampaign

I chose AC over ConvertKit for better functionality and marginally better price (2017) and over InfusuionSoft (now Keap) because that was WAY too expensive for my business.

Reasons for switching to ActiveCampaign

I switched from MailChimp because I needed the automation functionality. Now, MailChimp are building that capability. I hope AC can continue to stay ahead on that and catch up with MC's usability and UX.

Pedro

Education Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2021

A convenient All-in-One CRM and Automation

In my company, Active Campaign is used on a daily basis. We are a franchising network, needing one full-service CRM and Marketing Automation to be shared within the network (similar automations for the whole network), while leaving space and autonomy for each franchisee to develop its own (Sales management, marketing management). Active Campaign allows not only this structure to work seamlessly, but the way the service is organized allows a whole range of possibilities for my company, most of which we haven't yet scratched the surface.

PROS

It's easy to use, easy to deploy and being all-in-1 solution for marketing and sales management, automation, it's very convenient and comparatively affordable.

CONS

A few areas are still under development and not quite up to the task, namely features such as landing page development, or conditional forms.

Reasons for switching to ActiveCampaign

The trigger to switch was initially the structure of the accounts in both services - my company needed a service to be used by many users, Agile CRM pricing is structured on a per-user basis, while Active Campaign is structured by packages including multiple users. Then as the analysis of the features in Active Campaign began, it was clear it is far more developed and allows more business possibilities and automations to bring customer experience to life. In the end, after using Active Campaign, it's clear it's much easier and convenient.

Alex