• Pros

• "Great, nice looking program. Very easy to follow and use. Nice campaign and CRM features"

• "Amazing UI. Huge feature List. Amazing deep data connection with woocommerce. Value is amazing and the reason I came to AC and will stay."

• "I really like the ability there is in segmenting and tagging the various leads which go through my funnel and the software makes for a great user experience."

• Cons

• "I think the price point is pretty good but it doesn't make it easy to export the customers and data to a different platform to avoid paying a small fortune by inadvertently growing too quickly."

• "The designer for emails can be a bit tedious to do in the first build. But afterward, it can be saved as a template and can be reused easily. "

• "ActiveCampaign is a very useful tool, but it can take a little time to get used to."

Browse ActiveCampaign Reviews

Nstor from Nstor Marqunez

This guys know how to do things the right way

Let me say it clearly: A-W-E-S-O-M-E Trust me, they are the "real deal".

Pros

Instead of boring the hell out of you making a long list of all the things I like about AC, I would resume them in just 3 "little" things I care of: - Reputation: They REALLY care about sender reputation. And, you know... an email that doesnt get to my suscribers is like loosing money out of my pocket. So, Ime really happy the way theyre handling things on this department - Ease of use + functionalities: Most other services only offer one of them things. But I want them all. AC covers all my needs regarding this issues (and Im a choosy guy, you know). - Its scalable!: This is a biggy. As your businees grows, youll have a new set of needs when it comes to automation. AC scales as your business thrives so you dont have to switch companies never again.

Cons

Im a Spanish user and would love a full Spanish translation (at the moment we hace a partial translation) for Spanish users.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

Ive already covered a lot of the reasons up earlier. But let me tell you about something that made the difference. Their customer support service. They dont have such a thing. They have somehting waaaay better: a customer success service that really helps and care about their users

Best Marketing Automation platform for small and medium enterprises

I have used different marketing automation platforms and ActiveCampaign is now the best one I can recommend for begginers and SME.

Pros

ActiveCampaign has all the features that other "premium" platforms also have, but the price and the fast set up are totally a game changer. In a few steps you can provision a marketing automation platform with all the capabilities.

Cons

For high database and high sending volumes, maybe it's not the best option. Large campaigns could take time in sending.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

More plans and options available. More flexibility and options in automations. Great community and integrations with most popular platforms.

Carmelo from Jweb Modica

Complete and flexible with a great API

My expirience is overall good. In my case they even have an Italian interface and I contacted support a couple of times but as an avarege user you will probably not need assistence with this.

Pros

Active Campaign is a great software, it is very easy to use and having used Aweber and GetResponse I can tell you that the biggest difference is that everything in Active is organized in a logical way and it is easy to grasp. But what is their stronger point in my opinion is the API system, I was able to add, update and delete contacts from a PHP script in a very simple way. Their documentation is very well done and they have functional examples that you can use as a base fro your work.

Cons

The cost structure could be better, other software they can be cheeper but I'm willing to pay that extra money for the simplicity of usage.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

API system is very flexible and simple for use. We where able to connect with wordpress Gravity forms, with a Vanilla PHP script and with Opencart.

Strong Automation System & Ecomm DataLayer, Weak Support and Long Standing Bugs

Pros

Activecampaign sets the bar for building automations, with great sorting and filtering features including customer records, tags, lists, conditional rules/routing, e-commerce data such as purchases, crm pipelines and even a custom event layer. We have created very complex integrations for dozens of businesses ranging from E-Commerce stores, to Gyms to local businesses. It's really simple to learn and use, and powerful enough to tackle even the most complex business processes. This includes in-store purchases on a POS to sending out emails or automation's based on purchases or LTV. It also supports multiple E-Commerce platforms natively, but be aware those features are nearly 4x the price to unlock after the trial.

Cons

After months of issues that resulted in one of our clients losing an excess of $40,000 in revenue, we can no longer recommend activecampaign. Poor support was to blame for this issue, with it being impossible to get someone on a call even though we pay 6 figures a year for service. Activecampaign is growing really really fast. Because of this, They have pretty terrible support and there are also long-standing bugs that they seem to have no intention to fix. For instance, the system is supposed to generate previews for each automation's email steps and in various other places, but instance shows a broken image. We have inquired about this to the support to be told they are aware it's been broken for over a year and have no ETA or intention on repairing it. We have this problem on all our client's accounts(dozens), and it's a serious issue with UI/UX but they don't seem to care. There are also some major logic issues, such as if you filter an automation to show anyone with 0 purchases, it doesn't work. We also inquired about this but got another non-response... So basically, where it works, it works well but there are a few major issues and they don't seem intent on repairing them, even though they are steady releasing more features to add to their pricing tiers. Overall, it's hard to find another system that provides the ease of use, features, and value of activecampaign but the support and existing bugs are a nasty/necessary compromise.

Mylvio from NUACOM

Very Flexible Product

A very powerful software that helps us save time, automate processes, scale the business.

Pros

The automation system is really powerful. We can do almost everything within it to achieve our primary goals.

Cons

The UI is a bit old, but you get used to it. The filters for the fields in searching functionality can be improved so we can search for terms in a particular column.

The best for value.

Michael from Mabbly

ActiveCampaign, excellent tool for marketing automation

We started using ActiveCampaign in our organization in order to automate all email marketing management. We mainly use the tool to keep our customers always informed about our campaigns and advertisements of our products, through it we send them our newsletters. At the same time users can edit and create branded emails when needed. ActiveCampaign provides us with a better flow of information by allowing us to create lists of our most potential customers and thus automate all the content to be sent via email. ActiveCampaign guarantees an excellent flow of communication and information to keep your potential customers informed about your products and campaigns. Through it you can create specific customer lists and thus have an efficient communication flow bringing the information you want at the right time, that is, through the customer lists you can effectively start the automation of information by emailing to different recipients the same email. It guarantees effective marketing automation. It would be excellent to update it and be able to manage active campaigns. This would allow you to manage your marketing from anywhere and not be forced to use a desktop computer.

Pros

ActiveCampaign is very efficient and productive, plus it is cost effective for all organizations. It allows me to maintain an excellent flow of information with our clients under the automation of emails, thanks to its excellent features, we save a lot of time in your daily activities.

Cons

The mobile version does not work well, it just allows you to see and enter contacts. It would be excellent to update it and be able to manage active campaigns. This would allow you to manage your marketing from anywhere and not be forced to use a desktop computer.

Elizabeth from Mindshare

If you want a tool whose objective is more income use ActiveCampaign

We use it to establish marketing and brand automation criteria. In addition, it also performs functions in the company as a trusted CRM that adapts to our general approach to market and customer acquisition. It is also very effective because it helps us to have a record of information on the interactions with customers, not only the data with whom the interaction is made but also during that meeting. It is a powerful tool that can do a lot with less and that will undoubtedly be of great importance after its first use in any project.

Pros

ActiveCampaign has been fundamental for me because I can maintain a relationship of customer data over time, which helps me to have a monitored profile and work based on your data. In addition to this, it has excellent support which has been kind, effective and fully functional. On the other hand, I use it full time because its strong deployment allows it. I also like it because I can have a totally effective marketing automation thanks to the flowchart that it provides.

Cons

The program is totally perfect. I have no complaints at all of any kind, I have done great projects with it and it has certainly been important for marketing purposes.

Alex from Alex Bulla - issameddine bouallagui

The best email marketing automation software - I little difficult to learn at first.

Overall I am really happy with activecampaign. It's helping me converting more subscribers into clients, and automating my business.

Pros

I love how powerful it's to create a really good email marketing automation and flow with the builder. I switched from Aweber and it's just another level! Since then I am converting my list at 4%! that it's huge for my industry.

Cons

At first it's a litle difficult to learn how to use it. And it has a lot of features that can discourage beginners.

Gregory from UTILE Digital Solutions

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Powerful Email Marketing tool with mediocre CRM

Overall, if you can put the time in training, the platform is great as an automated email platform - despite it's price. I really like the automations flexibility and quick to use of templates.

Pros

Easy of use, template options. It's a great software that with some basic learning curve easily lets you design and measure your email campaigns. The automations are very customizable!

Cons

UI/UX feels a little saturated if you don't follow the training guide. You'll easily get lost in number of options and settings. The fact when creating an email you get redirected for simple steps just to edit email header also hurts the flow. CRM - Feels like an lately added feature that is still not there to compete with others on the market,

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

I'm using it for my CBD company, not all products support this market.

Brooks from Engenius

An easy to use email marketing automation solution

Email marketing, marketing automation, personalization, list building, list segmenting, lead nurturing, lead analysis, marketing reporting, and more. It has help me focus on what matters most and greatly improved prospect engagement.

Pros

My favorite thing about ActiveCampaign is its machine learning functionality. It helps you know what deals are most worthy of your time, helps you optimize your emails, and predicts the best time to send. It's incredible. Additionally, the workflow builder is really clean and easy to use. They also offer a really intuitive chat bot for on site messaging. ActiveCampaign is a great tool.

Cons

The CRM is a little wanting. It's clear the focus is on email marketing and marketing automation. I would say it's probably not the best CRM solution for a larger B2B company with long buying cycles. But other than that note, there's not much I don't like.

Declan from Simply Responsive

Industry: Publishing

Powerful marketing automation tools, CRM, and the power to understand your audience.

Setting Activecampaign for a client with a limited budget and limited technical skills, we were able to set up and automate many of the lead funnels for this B2B SAAS company. The tools are comparable to what you'll pay 10X for, and one of the features I love about Activecampaign are their Marketing Automation Workflows - allowing you to setup, segment, and activate the inactive. By using this tool, we achieved 25% open rates in the HR industry where 10% is often average; by integrating the online tools with our inbound marketing Team - both phone and online support - we were able to increase sales Demos 10X over the previous 6 months because Activecampaign helped us motivate the inactive, as well as those who take action. One of the tools I recommend most to clients is Activecampaign because it's performance marketing at a reasonable price.

Pros

Marketing automation tools and templates Deliverability excellent in our experience CRM was enough for our needs, helping coordinate 5 staff. Can use in Gmail, which helped our non-Tech sales people. Reporting that helps quantify engagement and ROI

Cons

CRM was not the strongest, yet enough for our needs Marketing automation services generally are separate from emails you send to larger lists in my approach. Would like an option for sending mail outside the automation to lists, but that may simply be different skill sets (haven't found a solution we like).

Austin from Marketer as a Service

The Best Kept Secret in Marketing Automation

Pros

ActiveCampaign is one of the best kept secrets in the marketing world. The automation builder is both easy-to-use AND powerful. You can trigger actions and segment by almost any criteria you can imagine. In a lot of ways, the automation builder rivals the (what I consider) best-in-class solutions such as Marketo. The email builder is intuitive and the template library comes with a lot of good looking emails to start from. Zero HTML/CSS needed. The built-in SMS messaging is really cool and somewhat unique in the industry. Building an automation consisting of emails and SMS messages is drag and drop, with no integrations needed. While it's limited (as of today) the CRM is really intuitive and clean. If they continue to add functionality in this area they may have something incredible in a couple years. Importing contacts is simple and goes far beyond the typical CSV file. Google contacts, Google Sheets, other email providers. no problem. Possibly the best import tools I've seen in this industry.

Cons

The most obvious one is the lack of a landing page builder. Having landing pages in the tool would be ideal, but solutions such as LeadPages can be easily integrated. Having to pay for email compatibility testing (for different devices) is a bit annoying, feels like you're being "nickel and dimed." The reporting leaves a lot to be desired. I'm really hoping they invest in this area (much more important than having built-in landing pages in my view), as it would really elevate the solution and make it an easy choice vs the Infusionsofts of the world.

Great ESP for Mid-Large Size Organizations

Pros

My favorite part about ActiveCampaign is the automation features. Using this Automations, you can set up complex marketing email campaigns. I use this to develop a welcome series and a reactivation series for people on our list who stop engaging.

Cons

The part that I did not like is very simple. There is no "Undo" button in the email editor interface. Control + Z doesn't work either. You would think for a basic email design interface an undo option would be standard.

Solid Email Marketing/CRM Solution for Small Businesses

ActiveCampaign is a great value for the variety of tools that it provides.

Pros

ActiveCampaign specializes in providing email marketing solutions with an intuitive, visual (albeit a bit slow) interface for creating and sending email campaigns and logical drips (i.e. If Email A opened send Email B or else send Email C). The CRM is a nice add-on if you don't already have a way to manage your client relationships.

Cons

The CRM is quite clunky and doesn't have the power and flexibility of platforms that were designed with that functionality in mind.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

Easier to use and more features

Catherine from Speak LLC

Affordable Automation

I needed something more robust than Mailchimp, but I didn't want to invest in an enterprise-level automation tool. ActiveCampaign fits that spot nicely for me. I have what I'd consider enterprise-level features with respect to automation and behavior tracking, but at a much lower price point.

Pros

ActiveCampaign has a very deep feature set for the price. Yes, you can build and send emails, and that part works just fine. But the automation features are the standout, as you can build out rich engagement pathways based on user interactions.

Cons

The email editor can sometimes be buggy. If I copy a sent campaign to create a new one and then make changes, sometimes the changes don't save. I've made it a habit to make the change, save and exit. Then I'll go back in to the editor before sending out a test. Otherwise, I'll send the test and some of my changes revert to the old version for some reason. Also, there's not an easy "undo" in the editor. The application stores revisions and you can revert to prior revisions, but that seems more complicated than a simple undo button.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

ActiveCampaign allows me to build automations using pageviews on the website as a trigger. Hubspot can do this also, but it costs more and comes with many other features that I probably wouldn't use.

Tom from CONVERTS

Industry: Online Media

Best E-Mail Automation Software at an affordable price

Customer service is very good and fast. Software simply works as described and for such a vital part of your business like e-mail automation it is great to have a stable software.

Pros

The feature set AC comes with is excellent considering its low price point. You have everything you look for in an e-mail automation software and with the recent design overhaul it is a pleasure to use. Very easy to customise the e-mail layouts and building automations is very fast after you got to know how it works.

Cons

The many features you have within the software kind of make it a steep learning curve. Other than that there is nothing I could complain about.

Better price.

Millie from Showcase Workshop

Great value marketing automation platform.

Pros

The marketing automation side of the software is excellent as is the customer support. We are very happy that we upgraded to a package that includes an account manager - she is very responsive and helpful. The outline/map view of automations works great on all screen sizes - I can work with it as easily on my laptop as I can on my desktop and this was a big difference compared to our previous marketing automation software. Campaign / newsletter set up is easy and reporting on campaign performance is detailed and insightful. The iPhone app is really user friendly for quick updates to the CRM - tasks and notes - on the go.

Cons

I find the CRM / Deal reporting a little simplistic. I would really like to be able to get more detailed information such as detail of deals by user and ability to filter deals based on the lead source. The List Clean Up feature doesn't allow you to preview your list before it deletes contacts. eg. if I want to clean up bounced or unsubscribed contacts I only have one choice and that is to delete them all, I can't preview that list and cherry pick. Neither can I seperate the bounced list by bounce type. These would be really good features to have.

Ivan from The Haitian Project

Up and coming email marketing platform that needs to fix minor issues

It's a cheaper alternative to a product like pardot that we considered using. But, it just has minor issues that made it not worth it for us in the end.

Pros

It's very cheap for the services they offer. There is a great amount of customization and especially through the automation that is very extensive. Also, there are pre-made automations for you to use if you don't understand how to make your own, but either way the guides they have everything you need to know on how to make your own. Also, customer service is amazing. They truly went out of their way to make our transition to the product better and even did all the exporting of our email contacts from Emma to them easy to do.

Cons

Minor issues that can be annoying. The builder is wonky. Not like a lot of the other email marketing services we have worked with. Sometimes campaigns we start on go away. Also, very importantly is that emails sent don't come out looking well for those that use outlook! Very bad thing that needs to be fixed.

The best email automation software

The best email software I've used (tried AWeber, Mailchimp) and with the most features.

Pros

Automation. You are able to create complicated sales funnels that run on autopilot to maximise conversions and sales. For example, I integrate my ClickFunnels landing pages with ActiveCampaign. Leads receive automated follow up emails, and then further personalised emails based on whether they open or click on a link in an email.

Cons

It was very complicated at first. It would be good if they had YouTube tutorials to get you started, like with ClickFunnels.

A good option for marketing automation, with a nice CRM

ActiveCampaign is a solid platform. The CRM has nice communication options and the tagging system for contacts and in-the-moment segmentation are nice touches. The automation builder is a little clunky and, while it has lots of options, has fewer than some other platforms. The Salesforce sync is clunky to set up, but the customer service and support are incredible. Were probably able to do more with ActiveCampaign than some competitors, just because ActiveCampaign really takes the time to support their users.

Pros

ActiveCampaign offers a lot at a reasonable price point. The tagging system is a great innovation in contact-sorting. The built-in CRM and Salesforce integration make it easy to communicate with contacts and keep track of those relationships. The email studio is refreshingly usable. Active campaigns support and customer service are truly second-to-none.

Cons

The Salesforce sync, while convenient, is bulky and requires finesse to use. The automation options are a little limited compared to some competitors.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

When we were evaluating a new marketing automation platform, we felt that ActiveCampaign gave us the most functionality for our money.

Advanced level email automation for SMB prices

Overall, it's a great email tool for startups and small businesses.

Pros

ActiveCampaign is a great step up from something like Mailchimp if you're going to test some automation features. IT's actually cheaper than Mailchimp and has automation features you'd expect in something like Hubspot.

Cons

I'd love to see some better automation templates to help people who are new to automation get started. That's something the more expensive tools do a good job with.

One-stop shop for more than just emails

Active Campaign gives you a one-stop email marketing shop offering campaigns, automation, and even a CRM system that allows you to keep everything in one place.

Pros

Active campaign can handle a lot of your customer contact metrics. You can run email campaigns, track engagement, and retargeting campaigns. The software is easy and straightforward to use. With a grasp on how email marketing works, you can easily find your way around the software and get to the campaigns, contacts, lists, and automation you need to access. Also, your payment plan is based on the number of contacts you have, so if your contact is subscribed to multiple lists, you are not charged any extra.

Cons

The email editor is a bit plain. If you don't know coding, your emails will all look similar or you're stuck using the templates they provide, many of which look outdated. Integrations are available, but you have to be careful as some will fire off false tags or contact updates.

Ravi from Biocon

Industry: Biotechnology

Powerful automation system collaborating e-mail marketing and customer relationship management

Pros

If you select trigger, you can send emails to the targeted customers. The application is easy to use and is an affordable solution when compared to other similar applications. Presence of additional features like sort and organize and provision of filters by analyzing customer records based on their purchase lists and event engagements. Integrations to meet all business types. Integrates with Google applications like spreadsheets, docs etc. Sales pipeline component and the campaign automation features are the best for active campaigns. Templates available and you can create your own templates, with which you can work to personalize emails and add-on graphics. Assigning tags to each customer based on their interactions is another unique feature.

Cons

Attachment of an image to the email message is time-consuming. Real-time custom recording of events is absent. Manipulation of data and exporting feature is also absent. An outdated application program interface. It is an affordable solution but lacks a lot of features that similar automation systems have.

Alex from Gardner Business Media

Exactly what we needed our email marketing

Pros

ActiveCampaign has great delivery rates. We also love the automation tools and integrations. It makes our lives so much easier and saves a ton of time.

Cons

The software sometimes has some random errors or is slow. We'd also love some more bells and whistles, like being able to schedule exports and reports.

Jesus from Blue Squares Creative, LLC

Powerful Email Marketing with Automation

Pros

ActiveCampaign is incredible email marketing software that allows you to build powerful automations and logic into any campaign. You can assign tags based on behaviors in emails, on your website or when filling out forms. It also provides many integrations.

Cons

The email builder is nice, but it fails at providing a way to create simple letter-style emails with multiple images inserted inside the text (ie text flowing around left or right aligned images). To insert an image in an email, you need to add a text-block, then an image-block, and then another text-block. It doesn't work like a typical WYSISYG HTML editor like WordPress.

Response from ActiveCampaign

Replied February 2018

Hi Jesus, Thank you so much for leaving us a review! We're happy to hear you're enjoying the platform. We appreciate any and all feedback. If you'd like, we'd encourage you to add your ideas for the email builder to our internal page for the team to see (ideas.activecampaign.com) Thank you again from your friends at ActiveCampaign!

Eric from SMS Masterminds

A really slick product with a few performance issues that keep it under 5 stars

Pros

ActiveCampaign's feature set is really hard to beat (I know, because we had some performance hiccups that had me researching alternatives); the automation tool is unequaled by any competitors, and ties in very neatly with their sales pipeline component.

Cons

My only real complaint is that the server infrastructure their product sits on appears to be a little underpowered; at times the system is unusable due to slow loading pages. We have had some hiccups with the software where it was absolutely not working correctly, but support was able to provide a workaround eventually until the issue was resolved. Those issues did cause some major disruption to a large campaign. Additionally, their SMS solution can only send 1 message per second, which is fine, but that limitation wasn't noted anywhere, so we made the mistake of broadcasting to a large list, and the final messages weren't delivered for over a week.

AJ from https://myadhero.com

Great email marketing app with in built split testing and custom tagging capabilities

Easy to use and powerful email marketing app.

Pros

Straight out of the gate Active Campaign is an impressive email marketing app, even if you don't take advantage of it's impressive CRM capabilities. It offers similar record-based database features to other apps 10x the price and allows you to quickly get up and running with an intuitive, drag and drop, campaign builder. Probably the best feature is the inbuilt split testing functions. Any good marketer will tell you that you're probably only a few split tests away from scoring a home-run campaign but split testing individual emails in a campaign sequence or split testing across different campaign sequences can be near impossible in most apps. Active Campaign makes this easy enough to do that you've no excuse not to be testing all the time.

Cons

At times the UI can feel a little hard to navigate with some of the features seemingly buried in menu options. It's been a while since the interface was refreshed and it feels over due for an update.

Response from ActiveCampaign

Replied April 2018

Hi AJ, Thank you for leaving a review! We appreciate hearing what is and isn't working from our users and we're so happy to hear that you're enjoying the platform! We're continuing to make updates, so stay tuned! Thanks again from your friends at ActiveCampaign!

Alfred from Naked Leads

Powerful but bad email editor

There isn't a focus on a specific audience, which makes the platform too big & complicated.

Pros

ActiveCampaign has so many integrations, a strong API, a marketplace for everything (including automation) a strong community and so much more. It's a mature platform, that's constantly getting more powerful.

Cons

The email editor is just horrible. It's clunky, it's ugly, it doesn't show all the sequence, even editing an email is a hassle. That's why I left ActiveCampaign. And customer service is reachable only by email. Which slows down the resolution of any issue.

Response from ActiveCampaign

Replied August 2018

Hi Alfred, Thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear you're no longer with ActiveCampaign. We'd love to hear what about the email builder you didn't like so we can take that feedback to our product team. Please email help@activecampaign.com or add your feedback to our ideas.activecampaign.com page - we would appreciate the feedback! Thank you again from your friends at ActiveCampaign!

Andrey from Auslogics Labs Pty Ltd

Very powerful email marketing platform which can automate your business

You can automate anything with this smart and reliable email marketing platform.

Pros

My favorite feature is Automations. When you have a subscriber in your list, you can track everyone on your website and send them a particular message on any event you can imagine. Also you can fully customize your confirmation email for double opt-in, which is impossible for other email platforms like Mailchimp where you can change particular lines of text only. I also love that the support is available through the chat so you can ask any questions.

Cons

I wish it was more comfortable to view reports on your split-test campaigns as you can see the final results only, but not which version was winning and which confidence level was achieved. There were also a few issues I had with my automation but their support helped me to resolve it quickly.

Response from ActiveCampaign

Replied February 2018

Hi Andrey, Thank you so much for leaving us a review! We're so happy to hear you're loving ActiveCampaign and that Support has helped you resolve any issues you've had quickly! We're making improvements to our reporting feature and appreciate the feedback. If there's ever anything you'd like to see, don't hesitate to let our internal team know at ideas.activecampaign.com Thank you again from your friends at ActiveCampaign!

Chelsie Vene from Little Arrows

ActiveCampaign is user friendly, robust and fit our needs almost perfectly.

Pros

The platform is extremely easy to use and quite intuitive. There wasn't a huge learning curve to get it up and running. The campaign automations are what I really like about this tool that set it apart from the other tools we'd tested. Here you're able to customize almost every detail of the drip campaign from the day of the week to the time of day (in the recipient's time zone). This is great when you're working with prospective clients all over the world. Customizing the emails to make them personalized and adding graphics were a breeze. They provide templates for you to work with as well as the option for you to create your own. Being able to have the freedom to be as creative or cookie cutter is always a plus!

Response from ActiveCampaign

Replied December 2017

Hi Chelsie, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and we're so happy to hear you're enjoying the platform. We love hearing from our users and appreciate feedback so we can continue to grow. Thank you from your friends at ActiveCampaign!

Roy from SAGU

A swiss army knife of marketing tools.

Pros

We first got Active Campaign about three years ago. It revolutionalized our way of doing business. We knew it was a simple email marketing tool, but it allowed us to do automation. Think of this, you send an email and then if they click on the button in your email, you can then retarge them on your website. On top of that, we were able to automate certain email flows. The customization was neat where we could automate based on days or even inaction. We heavily utilize their RSS feed function to provide our customers automated emails with curated content from our website. I'm particularly glad that Active Campaign is constantly updated and upgrading their software which as a client brings me piece of mind.

Cons

There are different pricing structures that might not fit everyone's budget needs. Although mailchimp might be considered one of its biggest competitors, Active Campaign provides customers a more robust solution.

Response from ActiveCampaign

Replied March 2018

Hi Roy! Thanks so much for leaving us a review. We're so happy to hear you consider us the "Swiss army knife of marketing tools!" We appreciate the feedback. Thanks again from your friends at ActiveCampaign!

Few things to keep in mind about Active Campaign

It is worth having CRM software.

Pros

1. It helps me to collect leads and translate them into potential customers by fetching or collecting data from various source via emails, chat and form submission. 2. I like it's automated email feature that automatically send follow-ups to the leads. It saves me a lot of time to work upon other things.

Cons

1. Recently I experienced a bug which is emails/replies (which I use to send through the AC) were not getting delivered to the leads. But I spoke to their support team and they managed to fix that issue. It is not anymore. Keep up the good work. 2. Creating automation is quite complex, it should be more easy and user friendly. Suggestions: Add a tool-tip at each event/action.

Feature packed for less money

Pros

ActiveCampaign does everything that the more expensive marketing automation platforms do. It's very visual in how to set up automations allowing for a very short learning curve.

Cons

I wish that the pricing was based solely on subscribers. You really need the 2nd tier to get the minimum features that someone would want. It's still a great deal though!

Response from ActiveCampaign

Replied August 2018

Hi there! Thank you so much for leaving us a review. We appreciate the feedback and we're happy to hear that you're loving the features ActiveCampaign provides! We'd love to hear more from you regarding what you wish you could see with pricing. Would you mind adding it to our feedback page? That way our internal team will be able to see it and other users can upvote the ideas. ideas.activecampaign.com Thanks again from your friends at ActiveCampaign!

November 2015

Roy from SAGU

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

November 2015

Just in time.

Pros

Active Campaign continues to improves its product monthly. Their technical support is excellent and they continue to enhance their product while still maintaining a palatable price point. Where else can you get an email marketing software along with a CMS and marketing automation for a much lower price than Marketo? We also love that they've integrated lead scoring, along with site tracking. Who doesn't want to target your hottest leads? We're very impressed with Active Campaign vision to help their customers. Also, their automated sequences helped us cut down time and energy that we were wasting. There is so many ways to customize your marketing and Active Campaign fit the bill for us.

Cons

Just need a better form builder. However, we have been told that this is in the works.

Martin from Toca da Empada

ActiveCampaign has solved every problem I had with email systems

When you begin using a tool such as ActiveCampaign, I think the real value is not so much in the problems it solves but in the potentiality it opens up that you never considered before. My experience is that ActiveCampaign is allowing me to EXPAND my business thanks to its functionality.

Pros

What I love most about ActiveCampaign are its segmentation and automation features. It helps me easily manage my audience's interests. Let me address each separately. First, segmentation. ActiveCampaign's tagging feature is the best in the industry. Not only can you preset tags in the system, you can also create new ones on the fly as you add them to your contacts even from third party software. Then, you can create list segments based on those tags, and send broadcast or automated emails only to these segments. It's easy, fast and elegant. I waste no time wrestling with the interface. Second, automation. You can literally automate EVERYTHING in ActiveCampaign. Whether a contact clicks on a link or visits a page, you can send them down a variety of rabbit holes based on their behavior. That feature alone is priceless.

Cons

I'll say that, so far, I have zero qualms about the software. Perhaps maybe the pricing of the tiers, but that's not really a worthwhile complaint since we're addressing the functionality and benefits of the software here. So far, so great. I love ActiveCampaign.

Andres from AndresVernazza.com

Great tool for the value of your money.

Great. I would 100% recommend AC to someone who is getting started in business and wants to implement advanced marketing campaigns. However, once you scale over 50k contacts, I would move out of Active Campaign because of the difficulties to segment contacts and send broadcasts. (AC: you should imitate Ontraport or Influsionsoft for your broadcast segmentation)

Pros

The price point to the functionalities is GREAT! Meaning, if I'm getting started with my business, and I have my budget limited, this is the BEST tool to get started.

Cons

The segmentation to send broadcasts is very confusing and difficult to use. And I'm saying this as a software developer, so I'm very familiar with IF and OR functions, but the user interface, and the display make things very hard to use.

Caitlin from FLDWRK

Amazing, seamless integration of Marketing and CRM

Pros

Nurturing leads has never been so easy. The way Activecampaign seamlessly bridges together emails, forms, and deal pipelines has empowered me to have so much more visibility into how my emails are performing, who and how people are engaging with them, provide clear and automated opportunities for potential customers to engage further, and then automatically add people straight to different lead pipelines based on their level of readiness. From there I can add custom fields, add any tags or info I need to remember info about people, create tasks to followup (or notes for other team members) and create email automations based on their behaviors.

Cons

The email & form design capabilities are very limited. This system excels in performance and process (and is quite user-friendly) but lacks the level of design I would like.

Dickie from Real Estate

Expensive mistake. Buyer beware - felt ripped off.

a loss of money

Pros

Was really excited to start using Active Campaign as it easy to use and understand. The potential for this software is huge and i was keen to exploit it. Contacts, Automation, List and Forms all easy to use and set up.

Cons

Here's the rant!! I started with a huge contact list with the view of reducing it to about 20% . First (and only) campaign was set off and filtered out non responders, bounce etc with a view to deleting them. FIRST CON : could not delete unwanted contacts to desired amount and therefore get reduced subscription. Soon after Active Campaign takes monthly fee the contacts are reduced to some RANDOM number. SECOND CON : The amount of contacts varies each day (even when no additions or deletions are made) so you have no accurate idea of how many contacts you have. THIRD CON: set up a test campaign using only ONE email address (mine). This is flagged up for a "manual review". It takes TWO WEEKS to review only to be told that I have failed the review as i have no proof of consent for my own personal email address! FOURTH CON : whilst "under review" your account is BLOCKED and you cannot use it (I'm blocked out for TWO WEEKS!) FIFTH CON : I quite reasonably ask for a refund. " Your account is not eligible for any refunds per our Terms and Policies" is the curt reply. NO effort in trying to help. Overall I have been left feeling very disappointed especially with the famous US customer service. . Would I recommend - Yes but there may be better alertnatives out there service

Response from ActiveCampaign

Replied July 2018

Hi Dickie, Thank you for leaving us a review here on Capterra. I wasn't able to find your conversations with our Compliance team based on your name on here, so please send us a message if you'd like us to look into your issues further. Thank you from your friends at ActiveCampaign

Maria

Marketing Tool to increase your sales

Pros

Active Campaign is a Marketing tool that lets me do email marketing, automation and contact management. They help with the migration of contacts from your old platform at no cost. What I like about this software is not only its email templates but also its integrated forms that you can customize to collect customer data. Its reporting is advanced compared to other CRM software because of the availability of data from campaigns, automation, and deals that you can analyze to maximize your leads and increase opportunities leading to more sales. It is also a CRM so using another tool for that is not necessary need which simplifies everything giving me more savings.

Cons

It is not that easy to use and you can struggle a bit at first missing some features or function needed to make things more effective.

Charles from AZVR

Disorganized & Frustrating

Our overall experience was pretty negative, one of the more challenging and time wasteful business relationships we have had in quite some time.

Pros

Our account rep was quite helpful initially and our experience getting set up went fairly smoothly. After the inital set up our account rep pretty much disappeared but when we pressed her to become involved she did set up a call and was helpful.

Cons

The company has some fairly significant problems related to intracompany communications between departments. The old adage the left hand has no idea what the right hand is doing fits Active Campaign perfectly based on our exeprience. About 6 months in we set up a call with our account rep whose analysis was that our account was doing very well from any analytics perspective with very high relative open rates and fairly low/acceptable spam reports, but the bery next day we received an email from a different person and department indicating that our spam complaints were too high and they suspended our service. It was an exptremely poor experience and given the spam numbers displayed on the Active Campaign admin panel made no sense at all. Qe also had a similar negative experience during the onboarding process with our account rep being totally out of the loop. The initial onboarding problems almost caused me to go in a different direction and looking back on it I wish I had folowed my gut instincts at that time, had I made the correct decision and chosen a different provider it would have saved us a lot of time that ended up being wasted.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

I have since migrated to Sendgrid and have had a much better experience.

Aaron from Homeology

this is the title of my review

training training training. I have been trialling and training how to use this product the whole 12 months or so Ive been using it

Pros

love the automation and the campaigns features. I also like that it integrates with my gmail (G Suite) account.

Cons

some of the features are hidden, the layout is really lacking for easy of use. its hard to find and add tags and lists etc. it seems to have great features but they are hidden away and hard to find.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

pipedrive is amazing!!! but it doesnt have an automation (sort of does now) or bulk email out function like mailchimp. I hate mailchimp so I wanted a CRM that did it internally

My favorite email marketing platform so far

Pros

I've tried just about every mainstream email marketing service, from MailChimp to MadMimi and MailerLite, to GetResponse, ConvertKit, and Drip -- and ActiveCampaign is always the one that stands out. Why? Great automations visual editor, complex automation logic, segmenting and tagging, Wordpress integration, and superb customer support.

Cons

For a while, the ActiveCampaign user interface was a bit difficult to navigate, but it seems like they are finally making strides to simplify & streamline things of late.

Response from ActiveCampaign

Replied March 2018

Hi there, Thanks so much for your review - we're happy to hear you're enjoying the platform. We are continuing to make updates to our interface, so if there's anything you'd love to see in the future, we recommend writing it in to ideas.activecampaign.com! Thanks again from your friends at ActiveCampaign!

My #1 recommended marketing automation tool for digital businesses

Pros

I've been using ActiveCampaign for a while and what I like most is that it sticks the messaging aspect of marketing automation. It doesn't try to be an all-in-one solution like some of the other platforms. It integrates with most other tools, making it so that you can choose the best of each for your stack. The site and event tracking are key to the automations that we use as well and that's a feature I don't see on other platforms in the market.

Cons

A better looking form builder/designs would be great since, using the native Active Campaign form allows for better tracking.

I've been using Active Campaign for a year now and I find it a very easy to use system

Pros

I like the ease of setting up an automation for different email campaigns. I've been able to create several optins for my business and easily create an email funnel that gives me accurate and in-depth information about my prospects.

Cons

The more complex automations are hard to figure out. However the customer service is easy to access and they are very helpful and thorough in their solutions.

Response from ActiveCampaign

Replied January 2018

Hi there! Thank you for leaving us a review. We're happy to hear that you are enjoying the platform. And you are correct - definitely reach out to our Support or Success team if you ever have questions. They'd even be happy to set up a one-on-one with you to pick their brain. We'd also recommend joining our Facebook Users group, Slack channel or forum to bounce ideas off of other power users! Thank you again for your review! Your friends at ActiveCampaign

Nhi from Polly

Does all the basics just fine, not ideal if you want to get super advanced

Pros

- simple and easy to use/set up - contact import is really nice - has a lot of zapier connections/integrations - automation functionality is really nice for simple drip email campaigns - contact search can get pretty granular - support can be helpful, but usually slow - has a lot of options for email sends (one-off, time-based, a/b tests, etc.) - has site tracking and event tracking capability whereas most low-cost automation platforms only do site - lots of if/then conditional triggers for automations so you can get pretty targeted with your emails - really cheap if you're looking for an automation platform that has all the essentials

Cons

- limited API use; their API is bad - custom event recording is pretty hit or miss, isn't in real time and often get a lot of rate limiting/errors - their reporting is pretty garbage... can't manipulate data, export results, or anything - seems to go down more often than it should which really impacts customers - not a lot of out-of-the-box integrations with other big software platforms - you can't send an email within an automation drip on a specific date or time... just date/time intervals - missing some small, but key functionality that most other big automation platforms have

Viktor from ProjectArmy, LLC

Affordable marketing automation for SMBs

Overall, I'm happy with ActiveCampaign. We've been using it for over 2 years and helping clients use it for their marketing automation. They offer many automation recipes you can import into your account, which gives you a fully functional automation campaign already mapped out for you. Just update content and stuff, and it's ready to go. Saves a lot of time.

Pros

ActiveCampaign has really good automation features, far more flexible than Mailchimp or Hatchbuck (what we've used before). It's easy to create comprehensive, highly targeted automated campaigns to help leads down the funnel and to the sale. I also love using Chrome's Gmail extension to track my emails in GSuite.

Cons

The two major issues is CRM reporting and some stability issues with the platform. They've had a few issues last few weeks, but CTO promised they're working on improving everything and making platform more stable and reliable. They issues if they do pop up are fixed quickly, so it's not bad. Every platform has issues.

Kristine from Rock Capital Productions and Talent

Seamless integration with website and lead capture.

Lead capture and automated onboarding processes

Pros

I love the automation capability to send reminders and emails to customers when a trigger is selected. It is customized to fit our needs.

Cons

It does take some time to learn and the tutorials are great. i also subscribe to the podcast to get better insight to how to fully use the software. Plan of investing time to learn it is well worth it.

Response from ActiveCampaign

Replied May 2018

Hi Kristine, Thanks so much for leaving us a review! We're so happy to hear that the platform fits your needs. Also, happy to hear you're loving the podcast - we'll pass that along to Chris Davis! Thanks again from your friends at ActiveCampaign!

Jordan from Jordan Ring

Industry: Publishing

Not Necessarily the best Email Service

My overall thoughts are that while ActiveCampaign isn't the worst option for mass email, there are certainly better ones out there.

Pros

I will start with listing out the few things I do like about Active Campaign. It's not the worst I've seen by any means, but there are much better programs out there that can do much more. 1) The home page is customizable which lets you have the data you need right at your fingertips. 2) The reporting on campaigns is actually really nice and shows you exactly what you need to see. 3) Writing emails is distraction free and lets you do the basic task of writing an email. It doesn't give you a lot of unneeded and unnecessary options.

Cons

Active Campaign has a lot of room for improvement. Maybe it's just me, but I don't enjoy using it when I login. I am left with a clunky user experience and I am just not a fan. It's one of those things thats hard to bring down into words, but I will share what I don't like about it here. 1) It's list centric vs. subscriber centric. ConvertKit is a competitor that uses a subscriber centric model and I think it works much better. The entire point of building an email list is to build relationships with folks, and when you have a list centric email list this function gets more difficult as the same person could be on multiple lists. 2) I don't like the inability to easily see where subscribers are coming from. It takes some digging to find a screen that clearly displays how you are getting subscribers. I feel that this is an oversight as the very first thing I want to see is how I am getting new subscribers. I like to know whats working or not! 3) I don't like that it's not intuitive overall. It feels clunky and not like a new tool. It feels outdated and thus I don't enjoy using it.

Response from ActiveCampaign

Replied November 2018

Hi Jordan, Thank you for leaving us feedback about our platform. Please know that we are always iterating on our product to fit the needs of our customers. Cheers, Your friends at ActiveCampaign

Maria Lenin from Dewayne Hill / Keller Williams Agent

Your Marketing Automation and CRM in one tool.

Pros

It us a tool for marketing automation at the same time your sales CRM. With its automation, it gives me more time to focus on my other tasks such as telemarketing and closing more sales. It has unique features such as Win Probability and Lead Scoring that help me focus on leads that has a better sales opportunity. It has 14 day trial period for you to try all its features before you decide if you want to subscribe or not. Since it is also a CRM,no need to use another tool for that which lets me save money and time.

Cons

It is not that easy to use and you can struggle a bit on how things can be done. Support is not consistent. Sometimes they can be fast and some times they can be slow.

O. Kelvin from Fiverr

Powerful Email Marketing Platform

Activecampaign has continued to live up to my expectations with email marketing.

Pros

Activecampaign is the most advanced email marketing platform I've used in my career as an internet marketer. I love the modern interface and how easy it is to create email lists and campaigns. So many page builders integrates with Activecampaign .

Cons

Nothing really serious at the moment, newbies could easily get overwhelmed with the advanced interface, I personally struggled with figuring out if my list was working correctly after I linked it to my squeeze page.