AssetCloud Software Reviews

Find out more:

Find out more:

Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"Very good software for tracking assets. Offers plenty of customisation so you can tailor for the exact type of asset that you are giving out."
  • icon"I can easily track them of their status thru the web system. I integrate the software into my Honeywell scanner and it just works fine."
  • icon"I like the fact that it is very user friendly. When we need to add something or make a change to an asset it is easy to figure out how to do it without help."
  • icon"No matter if it was a hot spot to laptop/Chromebook. 2nd complaint is they charge you per user to use the device via logins."
  • icon"Over priced! and hard to learn the software! it is just very difficult and very expensive and price almost doubles with every user."
  • icon"The reporting system is very weak. I should be able to pull a report on any information that I input on the system."

Have you used AssetCloud and would like to share your experience with others?

All AssetCloud Reviews

Benjamin

SixSpeed LLC Asset Cloud Review

We are preventing things getting taken away without us knowing. We are solving the problem of only one person in the warehouse knowing where everything is located. Now it can be my whole team knowing what we have in the warehouse. They know right where it is at and the condition it is in, so if they need more they know before their next photo shoot or event.

Pros

Asset tracking specifically checking in/out process. The software interface as a whole is simple to use. I like being able to use the photo option and be as detailed as i can about a specific asset. It makes it so others can easily understand what the asset is. It has been a little challenging to get my co workers used to the software, but after they dive in it does not take them long to figure it out. The process adds another step for us when checking in or out assets, can be tedious when trying to get a load out quickly.

Cons

I think the features you currently have are great!

Reasons for choosing AssetCloud

Ease of use and it seemed like it checked more of the boxes we needed as a whole

Debra

Using WASP's Asset Cloud Helps Our School Know Where Our Curriculum/Books Are!

AssetCloud helps us keep organized. I can pull up a particular textbook in AssetCloud, and it tells me how many we have here in storage, how many are checked out to students, etc. I reached out to the company with a question once, and they responded quickly and gave me clear, easy-to-understand guidance. I'm pleased with my experience overall.

Pros

I love how easy it is to add more of each book to our inventory. If we have acquired more of a certain textbook than we had previously, it is really simple and fast to add a number of that book to our inventory. I also like that AssetCloud allows you to add a due date to each book check-out.

Cons

I feel like the number of fields that we need to type information into during a book check-out and check-in could be reduced.

Reasons for switching to AssetCloud

There were many problems with that system, but mostly at the district level of our schools.

Melanie

Industry: Biotechnology

WASP Cloud

The intent for using of this software is to reduce typographical errors on case related paperwork, reduce the amount of information written on case related documents with the use of an asset tag number, provide a one stop location of all electronic data (e.g. Q/QC data, Casefile documents, product information, etc.) as they pertain to specific asset numbers and assets associated to the parent asset. The software accomplishes this goal. Although years ago sales had recommended "Professional" when it was the available software type/version based on our needs when I originally reached out the WASP, I can't say that I would recommend this software for the laboratories functions and needs I have outlined throughout this survey for other forensic laboratories.

Pros

Creating a label within the software is a nice feature and makes that function easy. The previous Enterprise version required a label software to generate labels making it rather laborious. Customer service is mostly helpful although there were a few instances a resolution could not be resolved either by the lack of knowledge of the rep or the limitation of the software.

Cons

Integration of my 3G database from Enterprise to Cloud was a nightmare and took months to resolve. Although the software is easy to use once the user becomes familiar with its functionality, it is not user friendly and takes a significant amount of time to navigate the program. A training session either on-site or by virtual meeting would be helpful. Some of the available video were helpful, but limited. Once the user becomes familiar with the software, portions are easily navigable, other functions are not attainable. One function I'd like to see improved is the ability to pull expiration dates of assets between a select subset of days. Currently, to pull a select range of expiration dates (e.g. 08/01/21 - 08/14/21), I have to search for the year 2021, then scroll and select assets within that date range.

Reasons for choosing AssetCloud

No. Enterprise was no longer going to be supported, so the lab was forced to upgrade to Cloud as this was suppose to provide a seamless transition without having to revalidate another vendors software for our tracking needs.

Gary

August 2022

Manage assets

Pros

Easiness of putting inventory in so others can use

Cons

Pricing seems cumbersome for smaller organizations

Rhenea

Convenience at Your Fingertips

We have been able to track devices much better since we implemented the software. We are not losing near as much inventory.

Pros

I don't have to be at the same computer in the district to take care of business. I can look up what products we have, who has them, what they cost, and when we bought them. It was a little time consuming to setup, but once everything was ready, it reduced the time it took to report inventory.

Cons

There are a few things that could be added to the multiple device setting.

Ease of use

Reasons for switching to AssetCloud

Destiny was way too time consuming and did not do some of the things we needed it to do.

Chase

July 2022

Amazing Product

Pros

The ease of use of this product and being able to access it anywhere. It handles everything we need it to and more.

Cons

Wish the mobile app was a little more robust.

Reasons for choosing AssetCloud

It had a cleaner feel to it and allowed us to print checkout/checkin receipts.

Response from Wasp Barcode Technologies

Hello Chase. Wonderful to know that you are pleased with AssetCloud and find it to be an amazing solution to your business needs.

Replied July 2022

Diego

Very bad support, slow response tool, stuck in the time

Very bad.

Pros

I can't see anything to mention as a real highlight.

Cons

- The software is outdated, you have many different screens, they take a lot to load, they are clumsy. - The support service is a NIGHTMARE! They are unable to understand your question, they hardly provide a useful answer, many times they just say "the system doesn't do it" or "it is a bug". If you push them, they ask you to call them!!! They are unable to resolve a problem by ticket!!! - There is NO decent EXPORT tool!! You are the owner of your data, right? Especially considering you are PAYING them to use the SaaS!!! But the system doesn't allow you to make a full export of your data! Asking the support is also a dead-end!

Albert

November 2022

so far im happy with the software its been helpful

Pros

easy to transfer tools from job to job.also easy to find a tool when needed we know who has it on site

Cons

its a little complicated grouping tools

Brad

Great Asset Management Application

Pros

The ability to customize so many aspects of the application to fit business need is very useful. The application becomes more powerful when paired with the label printer and mobile or handheld scanner to more efficiently track assets.

Cons

There are a few options or selections that are found in non-intuitive areas or menus but are remembered after a few uses.

Shatonia

Healthcare

I have enjoyed the experience and the ability to use it anywhere via my cell phone.

Pros

This product is very user friendly. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to manuever through.

Cons

I've been using it for a couple of months and haven't run into any issues.

The overall cost.

Kendra

February 2022

Asset Cloud Review from K12 Education Kitchen Equipment User

The Work Orders and Quick Maintenance functions need to be improved in Asset Cloud. These functions should be more robust in the future. For example a report history by asset is not available for work orders but is for quick maintenance, but the quick maintenance has capabilities that the other doesn't. I had to make my own list of the differences between the two functions, rather than AssetCloud staff providing this for me. The Work Orders require more data input, but they do not have a report for history by asset. This software absolutely needs a thorough report that details the notes from the Work Order, by export into excel. One can print to pdf and one cannot, why can't they both print to pdf and run the same reports, i.e. continuity. Also, when I ask specific questions about work orders and quick maintenance in training sessions or on the phone with support, the Asset Cloud staff do not know the information. There should be at least one expert at Asset Cloud that is a subject matter expert on all areas of the Asset Cloud software.

Pros

I like that it is easy enough to manage, not too many data points, easy to check and clean up data.

Cons

There was not enough help with integration or implementation support. I was told to figure out how to import my data myself rather than it being included with the purchase price. I also thought the cost of initial implementation and training should have been covered in the initial cost. It feels like AssetCloud nickel and dimes you for information and services that should already be supported in the initial set up. Also anytime my staff need to learn something I have to pay for a training session, rather than getting a quick instruction or 15 minute information provided free of charge. Again this service should be covered under our annual support payment.

Response from Wasp Barcode Technologies

Thanks Kendra for sharing. We appreciate you pointing out how AssetCloud is easy to use. We've noted your concerns about the onboarding process and based on your recommendations we are planning on introducing greater start-up support very soon.

Replied March 2022

Seth

AssetCloud

Pros

The ability to print labels that have a scannable barcode along with relevant information such as device type, serial number and a unique asset number that links it to much more information such as purchase order history, date of purchase, date inventoried, and activity log, makes inventory management much easier. Having a interface where all that information is readily available for many devices saves time and makes any issues with inventory much simpler to resolve. Most of all, it isn't very complicated to add devices to the software.

Cons

The interfaces could be more stream-lined, it could be that I haven't had enough time to get comfortable with the software, but I end up digging through several different panels such as transactions or maintenance to do a task such as add an employee to a site, or update site location. Again, I may have simply not had enough practice with the software, but if there was anyway to add shortcuts for heavily used features, I add employees daily as well as edit site locations, that would be helpful.

Andres

Asset Cloud Review

Ease to navigate and the structure of the menu is well organized. The mobile version needs some improvement. For example when scanning an asset tag, there is no way to find the assigned field. I believe that this is important if you are on the go and scanning products with the phone.

Pros

The feature that we like the most is the import tool. It was great to see new additions as to what we can mass import. I believe the templates are self explanatory and easy to fill.

Cons

My only concern is when uploading the check-in template because sometimes we received the success screen but in the end some of the devices are not being checked in. This issue happened several times and often when I do mass check in, I. have to go back and make sure everything is correct.

Response from Wasp Barcode Technologies

Thank you Andres for taking the time to share your experiences regarding AssetCloud. Good to know how valuable you find the import tool, We'll look into the check-in template.

Replied March 2022

Corey

June 2022

Small Company

I have used the local Asset Management (ver 6 and 7) and preferred it in some aspects, like having a local copy of the DB available in the event of an internet outage. The cloud ver is overall easy to use and I have seen gui improvements in the last year. The iOS app has improved since its first inception but needs a little work in the processing speed.

Pros

It is easy to use once you learn where all of the items are. The reporting ability is decent and simple to use with the canned reports.

Cons

The Mass Update options are limited and having to check items in to move and then check back out when a custodian is moving from jobsite to jobsite. The default labels also do not work well in the environment of mechanical maintenance where grease and chemicals are used.

Reasons for switching to AssetCloud

Reliability and easier to maintain

Industry: Warehousing

Assetcloud review

Pros

Being able to access our warehouse inventory on the go.

Cons

Some times it does not boot up correctly or wont let me log on

Brian

Wasp AssetCloud

Pros

I liked the ease of use in creating barcode labels

Cons

As we were faced with budget cuts, we were asked to find another product for less money and the ability to scale outside of how our Game Room was using it.

Timothy