All BlueTally Reviews

Jon

Construction, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2023

Best features for the price, and Extreamly easy to use

Email support was quick and responsive and they even extended our trial several times as we kept having things come up while we were looking at different software packages.

PROS

When we went looking for software to handle our IT assets BlueTally checked all of our boxes for what we needed the software to do, without overcomplicating or adding in features that we didn't need or want. It is extremely easy to use and the website is fast and responsive.

CONS

Some of the features I would like BlueTally does have, but they are in the higher tier of pricing. so not really a complaint but the dell warranty lookup would sure be nice on the low tier :)

Reason for choosing BlueTally

BlueTally had the exact feature set we were looking for without being too complicated. also the price was right in line with what we were wanting to pay.

Reasons for switching to BlueTally

we where doing a self hosted Snipe-IT and it worked well but we are trying to cut down on internal servers and going more to the cloud.

Austin

Construction, 201-500 employees

Reviewed May 2024

BlueTally Asset Management

PROS

Check In / Check out of Assets Reminders of low inventory Free Demo Asset Tag Configuration Custom Fields Great Knowledge base for support Auto-Warranty Look up is very in depth

CONS

Import methods of assets are a little picky with data Certain features in the GUI make it difficult to navigate at times.

Reason for choosing BlueTally

Cheaper and better features, overall support is better with integrations.

Reasons for switching to BlueTally

Better features and ease of use/look up of items

Brittney

Accounting, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Blue Tally

Easy to keep track of assets

PROS

Easy to use. Very user friendly. Easy to navigate through the website.

CONS

Cant make the pictures bigger. Would be nice even you could see the equipment in a bigger picture.

Zack

Insurance, 201-500 employees

BT Review HDI Global

PROS

I like the ease of use with the product and the well documented API. I am using the API to completely customize and automate our licensing check-in and check-out process. I appreciate the pricing structure is publically visible to everyone, making the approval process very easy without having to talk to a sales representative. Every time I reach out to support, [sensitive content hidden] is responding within 1 day if that.

CONS

When you are doing certain things, such as checking something out for an employee in the employee section, it takes you to the product that you just checked out instead of back to the employee. Just some odd navigation within the product. I would also like the settings page to be better where it's not all one page and scroll to find what you need rather have things sectioned off within the settings such as synchronization options, general settings, etc. I feel that there should be sub-locations also added for some IT assets, we have an office that is quite large with multiple IT closets and having just 1 location (Chicago) for all of these doesn't seem useful. I know that I can create additional locations, but that doesn't feel the same, so I can't do reporting for Chicago and see all the Chicago devices I would have to include those sub locations for the reporting. I'd be happy to have a call or meeting with someone to go over my ideas and automations that I have built for the product to maybe include in that in the next releases of BlueTally.

Reason for choosing BlueTally

Pricing was static no matter the amount of assets.

Branden

Logistics and Supply Chain, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed February 2024

BlueTally is a solid inventory management tool

So far very positive. Importing my endpoints has been very easy.

PROS

I found BlueTally while researching Microsoft Intune. I have used various services and in my current roll have been resigned to use Excel due to the history logging required. BlueTally has taken care of that for me! History/life cycle is now a breeze. Thanks BlueTally!

CONS

Needing the top tier to have warranty expiration pulled in automatically.

Reasons for switching to BlueTally

BT is a far superior product. Excel met my needs, but was 100% manual.

Hindrik

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Get your Assets under control!

The IT support team is happy with the upgrade from current SharePoint lists to automated Asset management, reducing the risk and extra work of manually registering and maintaining up to date information.

PROS

We liked the most the integration functionality with Intune, this allowed capturing and registering new devices that were Deployed via AutoPilot. Also importing all existing devices from Intune was a great time saver for quick launch.

CONS

just one little thing, that not able to search Assets by the user name, for who the device was deployed via Intune.

Reason for choosing BlueTally

easier and quicker to deploy, since Atlassian is like white canvas, where structure must be built by yourself.

Reasons for switching to BlueTally

too much manual work and information not automatically updated

M.

Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 employees

New coming BlueTally user

Trail period was very easy and clear on how it works. Much automated.

PROS

It is very easy to set up everything. It is automated as much as possible.

CONS

It does not sync Intune Linux devices (yet).

Reason for choosing BlueTally

Price and automation. Easy implementation so less time consumption.

Israel

Law Practice, 51-200 employees

New user to Blue Tally

Our staff are setting-up the account and adding assets, everything seems to be easy to navigate and the set-up was quick.

PROS

We onboarded this product for the ITAM component and it will work well for us. We have about 70-90 assets we plan to manage within Blue Tally.

CONS

Nothing so far, the experience has gone well and we'll update BT if that changes for us.

Reason for choosing BlueTally

It fits well with our organization. I plan to use it to manage licenses and I believe it will accomplish the same information I am capturing in spreadsheets but more efficiently.

Denis

Information Services, 51-200 employees

Great new tool

PROS

great new tool to track laptops and auto fill all users from Azure

CONS

not much customization, and need to add more options to manage end of life date.

Bruce

International Affairs, 201-500 employees

Excellent control of assets

Started using Demo, quickly integrated it with our Microsoft Tenant and started using it took about one day. Purchased the next day.

PROS

Easy to use and integration with Intune.

CONS

No cons yet, but just starting to use. n

shakir

Education Management, 51-200 employees

BluTally is a Serviceable Product

It is a pleasant experience for sure and has a lot of features for the price.

PROS

The ability to change product information as a product group.

CONS

The service timeouts out your session in under 10 minutes and it becomes annoying to keep having to sign back in.

AL

Higher Education, 201-500 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Powerful yet easy to use

PROS

Simple interface. Lots of customizations and views. Decent integrations OOTB.

CONS

More integration OOTB. No mobile app is available.

Nico

Government Administration, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed November 2022

Simple, Fast, Easy to use

The support is great, they got back to me to answer all my questions and also responded really well to feedback.They are also considering my feature requests and already changed some things that made it easier for me to use.

PROS

It has all the bells and whistles that I needed for keeping track of all the assets that we hand out to people, before this we tried different solutions that were way too bloated for our needs, and also way too expensive BlueTally falls right into that spot where it does not overwhelm me as a user and still provides all necessary functions.Also, the free trial was so easy to set up no "Call us for a demo" or hiding pricing where you first have to spend hours on a sales call, the trail lets you play around and this really helped me with understanding what the features are and also the limits.The integrations are also really useful, for example the AD-Integration which syncs your users into the application, with this we do not need to maintain two lists with the same data, but just let them Sync into BlueTally

CONS

The localization still could be better, mostly little things like the ability to change the date format to something that suits my needs more, but I already spoke with the support about it, and they even started to make small changes which really helped me, so it's getting better.Otherwise, it's just small features and ease of life things which I believe will get better with time, right now the search for example does not work for custom fields, or you can't force a sorting order to say always see the latest added asset at the top.But in my opinion these are just nitpicks, otherwise i would not have chosen it.

Reason for choosing BlueTally

Ease of use and price, the other options offer maybe a huge feature set and deep analytics, but that is nothing that I really need, what I needed for my department was something to fast and reliable keep track of our assets and check them out to users.

Jason

Computer Software, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Up and Running in a Matter of Minutes

The pre-sales experience was pretty good once we finally got to a person. That person was able to answer our questions conversationally via email and we got what we needed in just 2 email exchanges.

PROS

BlueTally has been mostly ready-to-go out of the box. We were moving from a SharePoint List structure that had been built-out pretty nicely, but changes were needed for Automation and that would have required a lot of man-power to build out. We were able to get it out of the box with BlueTally. The Integrations (InTune, Jira, Jamf, Teams Channels) is AWESOME.

CONS

The price of BlueTally increases moderately for some Integrations that I wish we built into ALL plans (Jira, for example). The price to be able to customize some things (like the Top Menu Bar options) requires a custom Enterprise plan. We can work around it -- but it would be nice to have more relevant options in the Top Menu Bar.

Wesley

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Decent ITAM software, but don't expect a lot features out of the gate

PROS

Fairly straightforward setup and configuration. Easy to use. They had the MDM and directory integrations we use.

CONS

Wished that they had some automated features or workflows based on status changes in our directory. Only straight line depreciation options. Less customizable than some other solutions

Reasons for switching to BlueTally

Primarily cost related. Oomnitza cost more than the value we were getting from it.

Ryan

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Reviewed March 2023

Great, Simple, and Clean asset manager.

So far everything has been a breeze, I had basically everything up and pretty cleaned up within 1 day.

PROS

There was no bloated features or menu's, it's the meat and potatoes but also has the options to import in many ways and integrate with many applications to make our lives easier. I also love that I was able to create custom permission profiles as that comes in handy for any company with a Helpdesk or if they use a hardware distributor. The warranty tie in is also great!

CONS

I have no complaints as of yet, only issue I have run into so far was because I missed a step so that was completely on me.

Reason for choosing BlueTally

It looked easier to navigate, price point was great, it had all the features I need now and has ones that I will need in the future.

Staffing and Recruiting, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed March 2022

Modern and Passionately Operated

I was discussing BlueTally with my boss, who sits on our executive team, and he said something along the lines of "wow, you've built a really good relationship with them if they're doing that", and that's the thing. I haven't! BlueTally is hungry to succeed, and I have full faith that they will.

PROS

Not only is the price extremely competitive, the platform is new, and seems very well-optimized. It was obviously built with a very clear vision in mind from the start. With it being so new there have been some rare few hiccups, but far more importantly the developer has been extremely attentive and eager to continue improving the platform.

CONS

BlueTally has raised the bar on my expectations for the platforms we use, and is making our other vendors' products and management look bad.

Reason for choosing BlueTally

First of all, it came as one of two recommendations by our MSP. Beyond that it was an easy choice with incredible pricing, scalability by including unlimited assets, and an extraordinary experience completely unlike anything I've ever experienced from a vendor - much less a potential vendor - during the trial period.

Sean