All BeyondTrust Remote Support Reviews

Printing, 51-200 employees

Used less than 6 months

Reviewed April 2020

It's the BOM(b)gar

Super-secure remote support in a world full of evil hackers and clueless users. Highly recommend. It's the best for a reason.

PROS

Best remote login software ever. I never thought LogMeIn Rescue would be conquered, but this one takes the cake (mainly because it's so integrated that I don't have to spend 15 minutes trying to get non-tech savvy users to access LogMeIn and input the code

CONS

No cons! Great for file transfer, remote access, break/fix, and all your other IT needs helping remote users

Reasons for switching to BeyondTrust Remote Support

Better and more secure! Easier for non-tech users to use!

Obakeng

Information Technology and Services, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed January 2022

Remote support software Bomgar

I love it as you can remote into one machine as a group or during a troubleshooting meetings

PROS

When it comes to allowing IT to remotely access their computers, employees will always be hesitant. This can result in a significant increase in resolution and deployment times. However, because of its various capabilities and customization choices, Bomgar Remote Support has a full set of tools that allow the organization and its users to feel confident in allowing IT to remotely access their machine.

CONS

For your employees and IT support, Bomgar Remote Support is simple to set up and maintain. You can install a shortcut on PCs that will automatically start remote sessions, or you can have a support representative provide you a session key to start the session. As a result, you have a lot of flexibility in how you manage support sessions. Once you've been remoted in, you'll have access to a variety of choices for operating the computer, such as control panel shortcuts, screenshot options, and a simple file sharing interface. The customer can view everything that is going on and communicate with the representative via a chat box that also displays useful information such as the commands that the representative is performing.

Reason for choosing BeyondTrust Remote Support

when purchasing a third application like Bomgar we look at its capabilities and feature, mostly security and I would say Bomgar is top compared to the mentioned applications.

10,000+ employees

Reviewed May 2019

Good tool, but not the best..

I have used Bomgar quite extensively in a Service Desk environment and while I like the tool, I think it is in a serious need of modernization. The lay-out looks very outdated and, as far as I know, the tool lacks a good reporting function. The integrated chat works fine and their best feature, in my opinion, is their permission increase on end-user computers. However, there are other tools out there that do the same, and better. Having done a comparison research for a previous project, I can say that Bomgar is quite expensive as well and does not provide the best bang-for-your buck as other remote take-over tools out there.. I would recommend this tool, as it does function well and does what it needs to do well, but only after recommending other tools first.

PROS

Their way to increase permissions on end-user computers.

CONS

The lay-out is very outdated and is in serious need of modernization.

Marat

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2021

BeyondTrust Remote Support review

Like I mentioned above we often use BeyondTrust Remote Support tool to resolve various types of issues of our customers. Some unique features of Remote Support tool make it irreplaceable for us.

PROS

BeyondTrust Remote Support (formerly Bomgar) supports many end user environments - Android, BlackBerry, iOS, Linux, OS X, Windows, Windows Mobile. As I previously mentioned the Remote Support tool has some unique features I often use - you can avoid typing very complex password by using copy/paste function in Windows pre-logon screen, run the applications under SYSTEM account in remove CLI session, etc. Remote Support makes those features easy to use. The Remote Support from BeyondTrust has many other useful features and easy to use. BeyondTrust is our main remote support tool.

CONS

Unfortunately the licensing cost (per representative) is still very high. Because of that we use the tool almost full working day and even more. Sometimes our team members has to wait for available remote support license.

Reason for choosing BeyondTrust Remote Support

Main reasons of choosing Remote Support over other alternatives were: 1) unique features 2) product support 3) hardware-based implementation (not dependent on cloud services status)

Reviewed August 2022

Extensive feature set that just works

Since we have started using Remote Support 5 years ago our small team has been able to more proactively help our employee base as more and more have moved to remote roles.

PROS

Remote Support when it's needed has been the most impactful for our business. With under a minute set up time we can get on with our Windows and Mac users to review their software difficulties in real time.

CONS

It would be nice if there was an even quicker workflow when working on macOS computers to pre-approve the Remote Support software in our environment.

Reason for choosing BeyondTrust Remote Support

Security and ease of use in deploying with an MDM solution.

Reasons for switching to BeyondTrust Remote Support

TeamViewer was a consumer product, with not the best privacy and security history when we found Remote Support.

Changdae

Banking, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2023

My freind for IT support

The initial setup is not very intuitive. It can be challenging to find the exact options that work for a specific environment. App deployment can be tricky with the installer deleting after installation.

PROS

I am an IT support. The size of company is the 30 people. So I use this program so frequently. I can support them as soon as possible.

CONS

The most helpful thing about BeyondTrust Remote Support is that IT staff can communicate with employees about the status of their requests and any questions they have. This open line of communication and real-time delivery of notifications helps ease frustration caused by IT issues.

Reason for choosing BeyondTrust Remote Support

I can use this program easlier. The UI is more comportable.

MIGUEL

Industrial Automation, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed April 2020

Good and secure software for online remote support to other users.

Definitely doing online support in a secure way is important among many companies, specially that remote work is increasing.

PROS

It is a light application, that offers a lot of functionality to do online remote support, including taking control over the other computer, transferring files, etc.

CONS

It would be great if audio transmission was also possible, doing supports while using the audio computer would be a great addition (at least the version I was using did not have this functionality, maybe newer versions have it).

Reasons for switching to BeyondTrust Remote Support

There were some security concerns with Team viewer back in the day.

Keith

Religious Institutions, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed September 2019

It allows us to help both staff and non staff remotely to fix their computers.

PROS

It is very easy for me to have user download/run the remote software.

CONS

Setting up jump points doesn't always work well.

Reasons for switching to BeyondTrust Remote Support

Liked how it would remote no owned computers.

Reviewed March 2020

Great remote tool

I was amazing for what it was doing for us. I wished we would have kept it but it was not adopted so it is gone now.

PROS

I like that one you have the agent on the machine and it is hooked to to the internet you can use the tool to remote on to the system at will. No user interaction is need as long as you have to correct access.

CONS

I really did not run in to any issues in the short time we had the the remote tool. I have noting bad to say about it.

Reasons for switching to BeyondTrust Remote Support

We need something more focused on true remote assistance. We still have Zoho in house for ticketing system and other things.

Marketing and Advertising, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used less than 6 months

Reviewed February 2021

Bomgar

My overall experience was great with it.i didn't have any issues while using this software.

PROS

We used this for a semester when I was in school for remote learning and it was very easy to get a hang of. I really liked it. It seemed very reliable to me and I liked it over a lot of other remote programmers.

CONS

Cons from what I heard it was very pricey and some of the teachers reported security breaches which could of messed up all of all information we had in this software. That was a little scary.

Reason for choosing BeyondTrust Remote Support

We heard great things about this software I had to drop out by my second semester unfortunately so I'm not sure which software they decided to go with.

Beecher

Information Services, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2020

Bomgar/BeyondTrust Remote Support is perfect for mid to large companies

Having moved from a less-featured remote support software, Bomgar was a huge step forward. The old system required administrative rights on the endpoint for EVERY user that connected and there were no permissions to assign. Although it can be pricey, once it's up and running, Bomgar is the solution I'd recommend for remote support.

PROS

It's fast remote support software that just works. It has plenty of features to make remote support of end users a breeze. Permissions are granular and you can limit access by need.

CONS

The initial configuration can be a bit daunting. Some words/descriptions may not be simplest to understand in the admin sections. It's the only downside to having a product that has so many features available.

Reasons for switching to BeyondTrust Remote Support

Much better permission assignment, granular control, logging.

Dharmendra

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed September 2020

Good Tool for remote support

overall nice and fast as i'm using high specs machine.

PROS

one of the most trusted tool for enterprise, very nice interface easy to use and operate. you can use multiple session at the same time without any issue

CONS

graphics requirement is more, should be light weight for low specs machine, doesn't work well if you have less than 4 GB of RAM

Reason for choosing BeyondTrust Remote Support

Bomgar is fast and easy to deploy very good support

Matthew

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed July 2021

Powerful and Easy to Use Remote Support Software

By far the best remote support software for help desk administrators. Easy for both the end users and technicians to use.

PROS

Love how easy it is to share a link with users to remote into their computers. Also like that it hooks in with VNC and other help desk support programs.

CONS

Sometimes hard to get access to admin level privilege's or access the local admin account on a users computer.

Reason for choosing BeyondTrust Remote Support

Bomgar is easier for our users to use. Plenty of tools for our technicians to use and collaborate on troubleshooting issues.

Adam

Philanthropy, 201-500 employees

Reviewed February 2022

The best remote support app out there hands down!

I love this product so much. It makes everything about my job easier. I even use it when I am physically in the office to support a user's PC

PROS

I honestly love everything about this product. I use it every day for multiple uses. It even allows for a report to be exported to CSV

CONS

The only thing I would say is a bit troublesome is when it is time to make a new package for deployment, it is a lengthy process since I need to make one standard, one for exec PCs, one for Conference Rooms and one for the Support Button. It can get a bit tedious but that is also just due to our environment. Some can get away with maybe only 1 or 2 deployment package options

More features

More features

1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed April 2019

Easy remote support while maintaining a controlled environment

Staff will always have hesitation when allowing IT to remote into their computers. This can cause resolution and deployment times to skyrocket. But Bomgar Remote Support features a full suite of tools that allows the company and its users to feel confident in letting IT remote into their machine because of its many features and customization options.

PROS

Bomgar Remote Support is easy to install and manage for your staff and IT support. You can deploy a shortcut to computers and set it up to start remote sessions immediately, or allow a support rep to give a session key to start the session. So there are lots of options to customize how you want to manage support sessions. Once you're remoted in, a range of options for controlling the computer are available to the rep, allowing the sessions to go faster like control panel shortcuts, screen shot options, and an easy to use file share interface. The customer can see everything happening and chat with the rep in a chat box, which also displays helpful information like what commands the rep is running in the background. There is a lot of transparency when running Bomgar so everyone can feel safe and comfortable sharing their computer with an IT rep. Bomgar also integrates with other software like Service Now.

CONS

Bomgar Remote Support does take a lot of planning to set up properly and get running efficiently. A lot of the security and transparency features will require a lot of app administration. If you're a one-man or smaller shop, you will have a longer time getting many of its features up and running.

Alan

Reviewed November 2017

It's not Marmite, everybody loves it!

PROS

I love the way it brings a lot of remote support tools into one console so you don't need to know some of the more advanced techniques to deliver support (e.g. opening remote session within registry editor, using admin$ etc) but what I think is even better is the canned scripts. I can create a canned script to run routine but advanced tasks on remote system but then make it available to the service desk enabling a semi-skilled SDA to complete tasks that would normally be passed back to 2nd and 3rd line support. Not only does this increase the first fix rating, it also (as I've been told by the SDM) adds to the moral of the SD team as they feel trusted and empowered. One thing that really does raise Bomgar above the competition is their excellent customer service, which I have not even seen matched let alone bettered!

CONS

Well, I have to say I'm struggling with this part. Maybe I'd like to see the individual licence fee come down a bit, not that it isn't value for money, it's just we have a limited budget so cannot afford as many as we'd like. It's worth noting here though that Bomgar have supported us (a non-profit university) in this area but giving a generous discount and 'loaned' us an extra couple of licences (for free) when we really needed them for a short time but simply didn't have the money to buy them...

Angelica

Computer Networking, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed December 2022

A very pleasant discovery

Very positive. She has really made my work remotely at home, very often taking away the difficulty of physically reaching the workplace!

PROS

I have been using this software for a long time to manage my work from home but still have access to my computer at work. Especially during the COVID, in fact, my employer he advised me to use it to manage all the programs and archives on the device present at work, but from the comfort of home. Appreciate that there is a code you need to enter to enable access on the other computer, but then there is the possibility of saving the connection between devices to speed up access. Also the program is fast, intuitive and quick and up to now, it has never bugged or crashed. Truly an outstanding find

CONS

Very often the connection can be lost, due to wifi or router shortages, so it is essential to have a stable connection to have a smooth use of the program. I would like the possibility to remove the cursor of the other device, to have a cleaner view.

Reviewed October 2019

Bomgar review

Overall it works as advertised. It also integrates with a couple Service desk tools on the market which allow you to launch a remote session from within an external Service desk system.

PROS

Bomgar is an excellent program for remote control over computers and servers. We use it extensively on the Helpdesk when helping customers remotely. Its easy to use and doesn't require alot of skills to initiate a session.

CONS

I would like to see it have a less chatty agent on systems. The agent communicates with the main server quite a bit. I would also like to see it not have an agent for every remote session. This requires updating the agent on every machine when an update comes available.

Reason for choosing BeyondTrust Remote Support

It was a more solid program.

Jason