• Pros

• "Easy to use this software i recommend to everybody"

• "I like that it connects with so many other apps to pull data and include in-depth information. The search functionality is really great to be able to look at recurring issues."

• "Fairy easy to learn and some Features are great like service board and scheduling. I like the ability to send my PO’s directly from the software. "

• Cons

• "Ramp up time, depending on your role, can be a bit lengthy, the training video's provided by ConnectWise are decent, but are sometimes lacking. "

• "It is a complex program and the setup consultant was great but it is hard to know what you don't know. I would have liked more detailed help with the set up."

• "The initial set up was a little slow moving and difficult but once we got past that point everything has been smooth. "

Browse ConnectWise Manage Reviews

June 2016

June 2016

Long time ConnectWise user still loves ConnectWise

I did 3 years of research before deciding on a PSA. I had a very small company at the time (1 person, me) My colleagues thought I was crazy for buying such a robust system for being such a small company. I bought it because of the built in automation and the ability to create complex agreements. I still have it and I have seen it improve immensely over the years. It's has a .net client and a web interface. Supports widget based pods. Meaning you can add the things you want, remove the things you don't want, and customize the interface per user. QuoteWerks, ConnectWise, Kaseya, Quickbooks - and they ALL integrate. Connectwise will try to sell you, quosal, connectwise, labtech. Personally, and this is just my opinion, Labtech is too complicated. I hate the interface tech's have to use, with a passion. I did some subcontracting for a company that uses LabTech and I had a hard time trying to find the tools I'm looking for. Kasey's interface it so much more user friendly, it's web based. took me a week to become familiar with Kaseya interface, used LabTech for 3 months and was fumbling around trying to find my tools. I checked out LabTech recently, June 2016 and it still sucks. I could go on and on.. So I'll just end here. Just buy ConnectWise, you'll be glad you did.

Pros

Mobile iPhone app is A W E S O M E !!! Your clients can use the customer portal Constant Updates Feature request bidding system. 24 hour support online training videos Application blueprints, telling you which modules interact with other modules. Handles complicated and compounded agreements. If you can sell it, ConnectWise can do it. QuickBooks integration is seamless. if you create a product in ConnectWise it will automatically create the product in QuickBooks when it syncs. Mark invoices as paid in QuickBooks and sync to ConnectWise. They are the biggest, so they integrate with everybody. Go to a big IT conference and ask how many people use ConnectWise. The majority can't be wrong.

Cons

It can be overwhelming for small companies The north american cloud can be slow sometimes, they know about it, they are rewriting the program so it operates faster but it's a big project. so they release bits and pieces at a time (weekly) If it isn't in ConnectWise it didn't happen, yeah it adds a bunch of work to your day. Junk in junk out. Each user needs their own account. don't buy the on-premise edition, you won't be able to keep up with the updates. They update so frequently I have to update my QuoteWerks frequently,

Good Ticketing System for MSP and IT companies

I wish they would get Rich text right. TeamSupport has this perfectly and they are a much smaller company. Another downer is the integration with ITGlue I think it's a bit clunky and if you add the Automate integration it almost loses it's mind. I wish there was a better way to integrate all these platforms. But mainly the rich text could go a long long way for visual users.

Pros

There are a lot of features on this platform that would be of interest to MSP's. The time entry, calendar ease, global search. Asset and configuration and contact addition is great.

Cons

One thing i strongly dislike about Manage is that you can't add rich text to the ticket entries not drop images which make things easier for tech just picking up on tickets.

Reasons for Switching to ConnectWise Manage

Company decision as organization was growing rapidly.

Drew from Polaris Technology

In a world of okay tools, Manage is the best

Pros

As an integrated PSA / Billing System / Ticketing System it functions great. In comparison to the other products in it's space it's light years beyond in functionality and usage.

Cons

ConnectWise support and account management leaves a lot to be desired, though there recently have been noticeable improvements and if they continue on this path they'll be a world class company once again. Manage really lacks at: CRM/Sales and a few other items. Dashboards require a third party add-on. It's base functionality is decent but everything else is a pay for me option.

2014

James from JMV

OVeral shocking experience

We have literally had zero benefits working with Connectwise. Its cost us £000's and we have wasted so much time since using Connectwise..... its the single worst decisions we have ever made as a business. We spent and invested a lot of time ensuring we would get the most out of it, but it just hasnt happened... the issues are too frequent, support to slow and overal a very bad experience. Reaching out to Connectwise with a long list of issues has resulted in 4 people calling to say how sorry they are, any they WILL definaltey help but then the next update is the ticket closing - thanks.

Pros

The end of the ady when i can log out of Connectwise. The Contract part and some automation is good.

Cons

Practically everything else: Slow - keeps hanging when doing tasks such as save a ticket, send and invoice, close tickets - you know really important tasks which should be almost instant. absolute zero support from CW. Been told its a programming issue with bulk tasking and it will be fixed - still waiting, much like when using ConnectWise manage - always waiting. Then there is the general support - lacking to say the least. Then the onboarding - they say we get you completely up and running. What they should have said is You'll want to be running away by the time you come to use the product. Unless you learn it all in the onboarding process your on your own or you have to pay a huge amount more for help. They literally just churn you out and get the next lot of sheep in. Sales team lied about how it would interact and sync with Xero. Told me the same way as Quickbooks does and then showed me how QuickBooks Desktop syncs, saying just like this.... IT DOESNT you have to pay someone else to move your data from your PSA to your accounts package REALLY @ $245 extra per month. Didnt tell me that before i signed up. Cloud console which was supposed to save time by synchronising Office 365 licenses to contracts was often wrong, very clunky and then stopped working - another paid feature of Connectwise that didnt work. I could go on, but you get the picture. Its not all smooth sailing and is causing lots of issues in our business. We tried to reach out to CW but they're not helping

Reasons for Choosing ConnectWise Manage

The sales team ensured me it could do that things that i listed. They literally lied about it and then following implementation we found out it would do the things that were promised.

Paul from ACE IT Solutions

Connectwise gets the job done but could use a facelift

Overall it is a good platform and ecosystem. They have acquired many other platforms and services over the years. Being a market leader would just like to see more out of CW.

Pros

At the end of the day CW manage does what we need it to do. It's strong suits are ticketing, configuration tracking, and large of integrations. CW is one of the largest PSAs out there in the MSP world and they are stil here for a reason. Tight integration with their RMM automate is a big plus as well.

Cons

To me being a long time user I woudl like to see greater progress with updates and improving the user interface. CW from 10 years ago doesn't look much different than CW of today. While features trump usability at some point it starts to weigh you down. Especially when comparing to other platforms that seem to be up to speed with the modern age.

Yeprem from AET Solutions Inc.

Complete solution but slow as molasses

Pros

Almost every base is covered in the desktop version of Connectwise Manage. The web version is quite complete as well. The mobile app is horrendous.

Cons

Slooooooowwwww. I can't stress enough how slow it is. Every user at our company complains about how much it lags. It doesn't matter where we are or which computer we are using. It is slow. Gigabit internet connection at home and at the office, slow. Brand new 8th gen CPU desktop with SSD. Slow. Laptop. Slow. It is painful. Loggin tickets just gets us the same replies. Try clearing the cache. Try restarting. Report slowness next time it happens so we can check.

Reasons for Switching to ConnectWise Manage

I switched because I thought it would help streamline our support. I thought wrong.

Gavin from F12.net

This is the ticketing platform you need

All our ticketing, service, project management, and sales cycle tasks are all managed from within ConnectWise now, with all our 200+ staff using this system we still have a very responsive system with a great interface that has interface components that have been customized to match some of the terms we use to describe our business processes.

Pros

It's super customizable, with a very extensible API and integration capabilities, allowing us to centralize so many of our systems and daily tasks into one platform.

Cons

Initial customization and training of staff has taken some time, but and some staff still have issues with managing Internal vs. External communications.

Reasons for Choosing ConnectWise Manage

Customization and self-managed solution that can easily scale with our expected future growth.

Reasons for Switching to ConnectWise Manage

Our previous solution had become slower and much less responsive as it didn't scale well with the growth of the company.

Daren from Big D Technology Solutions, Inc.

Connectwise Manage

We are using this product to keep track of all our customers, their systems, software and the tickets assigned to those systems

Pros

We like Connectwise Manage because it is very detailed and allows us to keep notes on all of our customers - what we have done for them in the past and service tickets for everyone.

Cons

The Connectwise platform is very detailed so the learning curve can be very high when you are first starting out. Instead of importing our information, we just input everything.

Reasons for Switching to ConnectWise Manage

The Solarwinds product kept going thru changes, some good, some not so good and since we were already using Connectwise Connect, we decided to make the move to Connectwise Manage

Brandon from Turn Key Solutions

Connectwise Manage is a powerful product that is a core piece of our operations

Overall my experience with Connectwise Manage has been positive. We've had the software in daily use for over 12 years so have grown with it as it's been developed and improved. Like with any application that has so many roles and spans multiple departments, there are always some aspects that don't line up exactly with our existing business practices, but the application has a lot of built-in flexibility so there is almost always a way to get it aligned to our needs. On the occasions where it's not possible, the community is strong and the Connectwise dev team seems to generally listen and accept input from partners, even if execution of some of those feature requests may be slow at times.

Pros

The best feature of Connectwise Manage is that it offers very good integration with other Connectwise and third-party systems for ticketing, finance, configuration management, etc.

Cons

Some of the (relatively) newer features and modules, Change Management for example, are not as intuitive as the older modules. The inclusion of more features and functionality is welcome and necessary, and sometimes is going to involve a learning curve, but Connectwise could make these features easier to use and implement for better adoption.

Reasons for Switching to ConnectWise Manage

The time and cost of continuing to develop an internal ticketing system was becoming too much.

Michael from Kyber Security

Connectwise runs our operation

ConnectWise Manage works very well for our business. We have invested in most of the components and integrations that we can get to properly manage our teams and out clients. Overall it is a good system for managing an IT service and support operation

Pros

We use Connectwise Manage to run all of the aspect of our daily operations. Its ticket and issue management functionalities work very well for an IT service and support organization and they have thought of many of the challenges that we encounter every day

Cons

Reporting from ConnectWise can be challenging. The canned reported often lack some piece of information that we would like and they are not formatted properly to download and manipulate in Excel. We complement this using custom data sets in BrightGauge and create reports and download from there but it is time consuming and resource intensive to create these with the limited knowledge of the database that we have.

Jared from Doberman Technologies, LLC

CRM for the Best in the Biz!

With ConnectWise Manage behind us, we've spent the last 6+ years blazing a trail in our local market. Taking on client for year over year growth. And not enough thanks can be given to the tools that helped us get there. With a friendly (now giant) team behind it, ConnectWise Manage integrates with, and has truly become a standard in the industry. You've been with the rest, now get with the best.

Pros

ConnectWise Manage has enough features to essentially run your entire business out of! When it comes to tracking issues, maintaining inventory and documented details across many partners/clients/sites - this is THEE tool. Abundant resources to learn the tool exist including certification learning courses. (You're going to want to take them).

Cons

Interface has been ignored for a long time - its universally uglier than ALL of its competitors. This has been massively improved over the last year and continues to get better as it is finally a focus for them after the many recent developmental hurdles they need to address from the various M&A from the last 4 years. Some more advanced features really require some 'higher' learning to understand and best implement. Thankfully they have many MANY resources for this.

March 2011

Alan from Safe Network Solutions

March 2011

ConnectWise PSA

I would highly recommend IT firms looking to improve their internal efficiency and client support look at CW for a PSA tool. The software is stable, support is great, and updates arrive quickly. Access to your data can be gained through any web browser, iphone / droid apps, or through the native .net application. Many vendors are writing to the CW API allowing for real-time data integration from products such as backup solutions, spam and virus filtering, firewall statistics and even sales opportunities. CW integrates with MANY RMM solutions providing even greater management capabilities. The biggest benefit is by far the great and active ConnectWise community. We are very involved with the ConnectWise users group on a quarterly basis and we attend the partner summit (ITNation) annually. If you are only looking for PSA software, ConnectWise can fulfill that need. If you're looking for a great community of business peers, ConnectWise will bring an even greater ROI.

Pros

We've used ConnectWise since 2007, and over the years, the product has seen a multitude of feature improvements and enhancements. For an IT consulting firm looking to track client agreement invoicing, service level agreements, employee productivity, sales opportunities, marketing campaignment management, or inventory and purchasing, ConnectWise can do it with flying colors. From a client perspective, ConnectWise makes it easy for end users to submit service requests as well as get the status of said requests. An integrated web portal for clients allows the review of hardware and software assets, service request approvals, and invoice reviews. Additionally, for our larger clients, we've been able to extend service capabilities to in-house IT providers while hosting them through our installation. Due to the great support, active community, and rapid development, I can't imagine running my business without ConnectWise. While the software is great, the community is even better.

Cons

I ranked Ease of Implementation as 3 stars. Keep in mind that we implemented CW in 2007, so much of the onboarding may be different today. Given the capabilities of the software, some pain should be anticipated and expected as you learn how to utilize the software. Additionally, setting up the integration between ConnectWise and other 3rd party apps can take some time. With most applications, you setup 1 or 2 API accounts, grant access, and test the integration. Some integration takes more time. One example is the integration for QuickBooks. To really get the accounting side setup, expect to spend some time and money working with a qualified accountant (if you don't have one on staff) to ensure all data is passing through and classified correctly. Even with the cons of setup, the ConnectWise University is very well done. Video tutorials are available on almost any aspect of management, and step-by-step checklists are available for just about any multi-step process.

Greg from Keystone

Best Product we ever adopted.

CW Manage really checked every box that we needed. We use it primarily for tracking service tickets. Since we connected it to our accounting software, it was a great improvement in our workflows. And by tracking all time on tickets we have been able to charge and collect for all the time we work. This product actually made us money.

Pros

Clearly this software was developed by people who do what we do. It actually demands you follow best practices in regards to workflow management around the tech services business. Also it can become the single pane of glass that everyone talks about.

Cons

The reporting function could be much better. There are some standard reports, and there is a report writer option, but it is not easy to get the report you want unless it happens to be one of the few canned ones. Was always surprised that the reporting is so weak compared to the rest of the funtions of the product that are so strong.

Reasons for Switching to ConnectWise Manage

Trying to use MS CRM was like pushing rope. Unless you are a really large shop with lots of budget this prodect is a beast to try and use.

Colin from True Vision Cleaning

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Incredibly vast array of useful integrated tools.

Extremely powerful top notch CRM tool that can really take a business to a new level.

Pros

This software is very powerful and a great all in one tool for managing marketing, contracts, customer service, and all other sales functions. It's pretty impressive just how many functions you have access to within the software the can really take an organization to the next level operationally if it's used properly.

Cons

The user interface isn't the most intuitive and it took me a lot of tinkering to really get the hang of it. I still am probably missing out on a lot of useful functionality within the software that I do no not currently know how to use.

Response from ConnectWise

Replied June 2018

Hello Colin Waters, Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear that you are happy with our product. Additionally, we understand your challenge of understanding all of the functionality and hope that that you are able to utilize the whole system soon. As a reminder, we do offer ConnectWise University and several other resources that may be helpful to you in your research. We look forward to growing our partnership with you and let us know if there is anything that we can do to help!

Sean from Tegrit

Very good PSA software with mediocre support and subpar performance

We love the product, regular updates and feature improvements, but it's performance on even very robust hardware is stunningly poor. The timeliness of their support is also very lacking routinely taking days to ask for information included with the original ticket.

Pros

Tons of features, regular updates, and improvements multiple times per year.

Cons

Performance is horrible Support is poor Used car like sales experience There are arbitrary limitations to what can be done through the interface and API. The data is there but you cannot automate or take action on it without manual intervention. Requires third party software to get meaningful performance metrics

Response from ConnectWise

Replied February 2017

Hi Sean, thanks for taking the time to write this thorough review. We are pleased to hear you love ConnectWise. We also greatly value your feedback regarding our support and limitations. It will be passed on to the appropriate departments.

David from Riverbank IT Management

Good software with great support. Somewhat complex to manage

Whilst it is still a work in progress, we are definitely using ConnectWise to improve our business processes and effectiveness.

Pros

Having software that enables us to run our business end to end is a great benefit, rather than having to use separate systems. Workflows are incredibly powerful for taking out the human error factor, and for ensuring people do the right thing. This improves the quality of work. ConnectWise support has always been great for me, with helpful, quick responses

Cons

Ongoing management and finding your way round the back end is quite difficult, although not too bad when you get the hang of it. Releases often don't seem to be tested well enough and often cause additional issues.

Darrin from Performance Enhancements Inc.

Has been a solid product from many years

Organization and follow up via the closed loop methodology really allowed us to move our service delivery forward and service our clients more efficiently.

Pros

It changed my business. Thanks to the organization the software provided, I was able to build the business to the point at which we sold 5 years ago and I'm now working at another small business which is building up its Managed Services practice.

Cons

The lack of feature enhancements the last few years is noted. Since the sale of CW to Toma Bravo I don't believe the software has been moving forward by any other means other than acquisition in a meaningful way.

Reasons for Switching to ConnectWise Manage

Their buyout by Avast was the beginning of the end for us.

Charlie from Sudora, LLC

Industry: Computer Networking

Manage hosted version is so slow it will cost you most in terms of time

Toma Bravio and Connectwise do not care about their clients AT ALL! Connectwise will teach you new levels of frustration as you try to get it to do what you want or just to operate at an acceptable speed. Before purchasing this product I really wish I had fully demo'd everything else. Try dealing with their support. Call current clients using it. Research before buying! After Toma Bravo bought this company things got really bad. They used to make regular progress to features and functionality. Since the TB buyout they just buy other companies that fix some aspect of Manage (like buying IT Boost for documentation in lieu of their "knowledge base"). Third party integrators that don't play ball with Manage's team have their products harmed. Like when Manage wanted to get users to use their payment portal, they broke the viewability all custom invoices from the ConnectBooster payment portal for several months. Shop around!

Pros

Manage integrates with almost everything that MSPs use. It does a good job as a centerpiece to all of the other software. It excels at letting ticket management be as detailed as you could possibly want. It has a lot of partially developed features that can still be made use of. It has a detailed report writer capable of making any report you can figure out how to make.

Cons

Connectwise Manage is super slow! (Can't stress this enough!) It will cost you a fortune in lost tech's time as they want to enter things end of week/day because it is so frustratingly slow. A fast click in this software is like 3-5 sec. Slow clicks will be 10-30 seconds. "Normal" clicks by the company's definition will cost between 3-8 sec before support will recognize there is an issue. Second detractor, most of the features are just introductions to the functionality designed to get you to buy another system. For example, it has a quoting engine that you can't modify the quote template at all (like to add disclaimer text or a logo or instructions or anything) because they have another costly program called Sell. Sell way over does the quoting feature (adding in so much functionality, complexity and cost that it is prohibitive to use for most shops). Knowledge base lol lol lol. Demo it first!! If you use multiple computers regularly then every time you log into a different system it kicks out your other session. The report writer takes a full minute or two to open and you will need a masters degree in that interface to make it do what you want. Regarding support, expect to be on chat for 10-60 min to get a response from a tech, depending on the issue. If your issue is related to reporting whatsoever they will refuse to assist. Then there is the high cost to it and the lockin. Once you start integrating software into it, it becomes super expensive to switch.

Reasons for Switching to ConnectWise Manage

We were told we would capture more billable time with Manage. This was not true due to the very slow speed of the software.

Michael from Technology Management Professionals

ConnectWise is a horrible company and has mediocre products

Regretable. I regret spending $1600/mo for 3 years on a product that was NOT worth it. I went from spending $300/mo to $1600/mo for a lesser product. Locked into an inferior product by a deceitful sales team.

Pros

ConnectWise Manage has a wide birth of functionality. It has 80% of what an MSP needs to manage its service offering. We used the product for 3 years. We used it for ticketing, project management, product inventory, lead tracking, marketing, and client communications. The product's maturity lead us to use many integrations with other services and products.

Cons

It's so hard to pick just one thing that I liked least. The company itself was my biggest issue. The sales team had no sense of ethics and resorted to lying in order to make a sale. If ignoring the deplorable ethics of the company, the product itself has innumerable flaws. The one thing we could not get past was our struggle to regain the efficiency we had prior to using ConnectWise Manage. We took an 30% efficiency hit using ConnectWise Manage. Previously we used MaxFocus Service Desk, and since moving away from ConnectWise we use SolarWinds MSP Manager. We immediately regained our lost efficiency and have maintained it for the past 6 months. ConnectWise Manage had great automation, but the number of clicks and manual steps required to take advantage of it were not worth it.

Reasons for Choosing ConnectWise Manage

Believing the lies of the sales team.

Reasons for Switching to ConnectWise Manage

In an attempt to improve automation.

Morgan from i.t.NOW

I have been using ConnectWise Manage for 7 years as an Account Manager/Sales

The ultimate benefit is that I am more organized with it. I don't forgetting about renewals, tickets or tasks. It helps me deliver more consistent service so that my clients get a better level of support from me.

Pros

Tracking customer assets and reminding you when renewals are due are awesome. The flexibility to run client and internal reports are very good. Workflows are great, the automated processes make it so nothing is forgotten or missed. It is a great way for MSP's to stay on top of tickets, tasks, and activities.

Cons

I find it very difficult to search for a closed ticket if I don't know a key word in the subject line. It won't search the body of the ticket for a key word.

Its a good piece of software but its clunky

Pros

It has a lot of options and can do a lot of different things. Its open source so it can be modified with a good programmer to fit individual businesses needs.

Cons

Its very clunky and hard to learn and navigate. There's many sub menu's and sub tabs for every high level tab and it can be difficult to find everything you want quickly and easily.

Response from ConnectWise

Replied May 2018

Thanks for the review! We really appreciate the feedback. We understand your challenge in learning how to navigating through ConnectWise Manage. Did you know, that we offer ConnectWise University to aid in the training process? There is a ton of information in there that may help out! Thank you again for your feedback, and we look forward to building our partnership even more.

John from Lorimer Network Research, Inc

Software that we rely on

Connectwise Manage is a highly complex PSA tool that my company relies on to survive. This is not your average piece of software. It is way deeper. The online training is excellent although behind on using the current version. Our only issue is the gui keeps changing not in a bad sense but the switch from words to icons or changing icons that sometimes don't make sense makes it hard to figure out sometimes.

Pros

Depth and width is extensive

Cons

Depth and width is extensive

Response from ConnectWise

Replied February 2017

Thanks for the feedback, John. We are so pleased to hear that you are a proud partner of ConnectWise. We appreciate your honest feedback.

Terry from InfoCloud, LLC

InfoCloud

Fairly good

Pros

Feature Set Integration/API’s Strong community support

Cons

Inconsistent Support No phone support Bugs

Reputation

MSPs need to know about Connectwise Manage

We have saved a lot of time and have increased logged tickets and time for clients.

Pros

Ikke the ability of Connectwise Manage to log tickets and that it allows my team to add pictures and documents for better tracking. I also like the mobile app so my team can add and update tickets on-site

Cons

Leaning the new ticketing system as well as integrating with Automate was a bit of a challenge. ConnetWise support was able to assist us and get it setup.

Brian from PCA Technology Group

Defacto PSA

Pros

Pretty much the defact IT PSA. Allows inventory and integration into various 3rd party utilities to provide a central location for storing all your documentation and configuration information. Built in invoicing, billing and sales functionality makes this a fully integrated piece of software.

Cons

Because of the amount of data stored in the database finding specific pieces are very difficult if you dont know exactly what you are looking for, searching for something can be extremely difficult (which is why third party software vendors have come up with their solutions that ties into this product that make this easier)

ConnectWise Manage has improved in the past two years.

Pros

I like the integrations (we user ConnectWise Sell, QuickBooks, Kasyea, WarrantyMaster for example). It does well in managing sales Opportunities and Service Tickets. The Workflow Rules allow us to customize actions, and Ticket Templates allow us to standardize the tasks that technicians need to follow when working a specific ticket type.

Cons

The Project Management and Knowledge Base components could use some overhaul. The user portal is a great idea in concept, but the presentation is antiquated. We would love to use it more but we would rather it look more up to date before pushing it to our clients.

Angela from Think Tank NTG

Does a lot

their support is usually very responsive

Pros

Makes it easy to share information and we don't have to re-enter client information between multiple systems. (Before this we had separate systems for sales, service, and accounting) We like the detailed time tracking

Cons

the report writer is a bit complicated, also the integration between quickbooks and connectwise gets a bit confusing. wish is managed receiving better so you can see what products are in vs not in and the client information (as if we don't drop ship it the receiving screen doesn't show who it is for unless you dig deeper)

Roger from BNMC

ConnectWise streamlines our MSP processes

Pros

ConnectWise was designed from the ground up for MSPs, by MSPs. The service tickets and CRM functionality works well. ConnectWise also have a huge partner network of add on tools that fit the gaps so ConnectWise does not need to build in every solution.

Cons

There are things that are limiting like the dashboard functionality, reporting, customer portal options, knowledge base and document management where ConnectWise is limited. As long as you know you will need other system or tools that integrate with ConnectWise to fill the gaps, your strategy should be sound.

Carol from Computer Software

Contact management

CW Manage Contact management functiononality ensures our entire team has access and at their fingertips visibility to the full contact record ensuring our clients receive the same high quality care regardless of which department they reach.

Pros

ConnectWise Manage makes managing companies, contacts and pertinent information needed for day to day business needs fast and simple. Easy to navigate pages, customizations by user to quickly find what is important to my position and client specific fields and features save precious time when every moment counts.

Cons

Building customizations by user is a little time consuming and clunky to set up for the first time user. It takes practice to build the queries needed to ensure the results are accurate which can result in missing information if not careful.

Héctor Joel from GFx Soluciones

ConnectWise Manage, splendid tool with multiple uses.

Currently we provide support services and project management, monitoring our clients' cases and the tool works correctly, every day we learn to configure and adapt it for our organization. You can try to acquire it, you will have a great experience.

Pros

CW Manage inmediately catches you with the various tasks you can perform and how you can configure it, from entering it in the sales area, marketing, support services, project, management, among others.

Cons

Each update delays its entry but its service is sustainable, but for some it turns out to be a complex system that ends up abandonning it to be able to work in which you must have experience.

Great Software for Tickets

The CW Manage has greatly improved the productivity of the company, since we can assign tickets to each employee depending on the category and thereby improve the response time for our customers. It is a very useful, powerful and stable software.

Pros

It is very flexible and useful for managing customer tickets, with a great interface and proper management. It allows the automation for the assignment of tickets and the notification by a valid email. The CW is very stable and the connection with the databases allows great flexibility.

Cons

The biggest obstacle is the graphical interface which is not the most intuitive, since there are multiple hidden modules and for a novice user it can be difficult to manage the system. It would be nice if they had quick access keys for the most common tools

Krystal from City Ranked Media, Inc

This CRM is very easy to navigate, and user friendly.

Organization, and easy communication with the Teams we work with.

Pros

After customizing fields, statuses and boards, this CRM is very easy to navigate. Adjusting the view to whichever I prefer is great too!

Cons

I don't care for the difficult process in which to make a company inactive, or remove a user. Also, changing old templates and status boards. It would be ideal to be able to edit them, rather than having to create new ones. It is a hassle having to update old tickets with the new status or board. It would be great to be able to remove a resource from a ticket using the Actions tab on the service board list.

February 2015

Michael from Jobecca Technology Group, LLC

February 2015

Essential tool for IT Businesses

My company has been using ConnectWise since 2007 and the product has transformed how we conduct business, while making us far more efficient. Before posting this review I read the others and have to say that I was thrown by one that gave no stars for service. Their service has always been terrific in my opinion. CW has improved the support over the years by adding Chat, making it 24x7 and significantly enhancing their support materials through the University and Marketplace, as well as introducing User Groups and always refining their educational opportunities at the annual IT Nation event. CW is an iceberg of a tool, with 90% of its power beneath the waterline. The key is that you will get out what you put in. I have just started taking the Certified Professional Administrator training, and while I scored well enough on the pre-session test to qualify for this level, I believe that I have far more to learn about CW than I already know. What's great is that the folks at CW make all of this information available. I just have to grab for the opportunity. My recommendation for anyone who thinks that they aren't getting the level of support expected would be to use the resources more. Got a question, use Chat or open a ticket via e-mail. Go to the University and take the relevant courses or check out the Blueprints or partner kits. Go to your local user group and network with your peers. Offer up what you know and take what they have to offer. The industry as a whole benefits from this approach, and we do better for our all-important clients. Anyway, I love the team at CW. The product is a must, but you have to invest yourself fully. It is cumbersome and some things aren't as intuitive as I would like, but if you are invested and flexible to adopting certain best practices, I think you'll find that ConnectWise is a very worthwhile business investment.

Jordan from RJ Productions

ConnectWise Manage

Connectwise provides a level of customer service that you just can't find anywhere else. It is super easy to get a hold of them and 9/10 times they have the exact answer you are looking for.

Pros

ConnectWise Manage is by far my favorite IT ticking software out there currently. It has helped provide much higher levels of accountability within the IT department and it constantly receiving great new features.

Cons

The implementation period takes a long time but it is very understandable once you get into it as they have a lot more to offer compared to other helpdesk systems.

Daryl from Optimus Systems Limited

A great central system for any business.

Central point for all information, reporting, utilisation and employee management.

Pros

The way the program is built allows every facet of our company to be run through this software. This allows us to track everything from a centralised point and also use the phrase "if it's not in ConnectWise, it doesn't exist"

Cons

Support is often slow and deflective when it comes to requests on best practice or ways to achieve a specific task. The software is a bit clunky and sometimes feels like a number of movies are bolt on that are tied in with a price of thread rather than being fully integrated

Christopher from Digital 323

Powerful ticketing tool with lot of integrated features

I've used homebrew, Autotask and CWise over the years and this is the best yet and it is getting better all the time

Pros

Fully featured, fully integrated with products like Automate and Control. The latest version lets you connect to machines directly from the ticket which is fantastic. Auvik and LogicMonitor connectivity lets them create tickets when alerts fire (and Auvik will even close tickets that clear)

Cons

Working in the back end and templates can be a little cumbersome, but worth sticking with it for the things it can do.

Great All Around tool

I am able to quickly and easily adjust my day with the team. The scheduling aspect of the app is amazing. There are a lot of great features that are drilled down into the application. In a day to day use it's been a great tool for our office.

Pros

Cons

I don't like that there are some UI issues and that it auto opens items when there is only one. When you are trying to gather information is can slow the process down.

Ray from Heritage Digital

Connectwise Manage is the best all suite I've ever used in my twenty plus years of IT!

Manage more IT business with less resources! Great value!

Pros

All my business is in one place. I don't have to move between disparate applications or manage bulky excel spreadsheets. Everything I need is there. Integrations are simple and straight forward. Support is the best I've ever experienced in all my years in the IT industry.

Cons

I have not been able to learn all of it in two years of using it. still learning more every day. University is a great resource and of course I can always lean on the community forums and support.

Great way to manage your users issues

For what its worth the program works as advertised, and no other issues have come up to prevent my team from doing what it needs to do.

Pros

For someone who is familiar with most ticket systems this is one that I enjoy using the most. The ability to control multiple clients/departments, as well as being able to automate tickets is great. The mobile app is a great tool to reference issues while on the go, but could be better when managing the tickets in general.

Cons

Interface could be better, mobile app is lacking in tools and functionality.

Tresa from C&K Systems, Inc.

Functional ticketing system for help desks, lacking on the project front

Pros

The ticketing system for help desks is easy to use and very robust. It makes for easy ticket entry by both clients and staff. Easy search functionality to use and create a knowledge base of tickets as well.

Cons

The project piece is very lacking. Dealing with Flat rate and time and materials projects in tandem makes trying to keep things on track difficult and it needs to have a gnatt chart based on billable time not just scheduled time. It also needs a way to track an overview of all projects time vs budget as well as timeline.

Derek from Kloud9 IT

Manage all your tickets and more

As time goes on, it becomes more and more feature rich. Can do pretty much anything that an MSP needs as far as client organization and ticketing as well as integrate with RMM tools.

Pros

Great organization of information including client information, tickets, and if needed documentation. Highly recommend as it's a great solution for an MSP of any size.

Cons

The cost of the software is rather high entry barrier. Most all contracts work as a monthly subscription per employee and that cost is high, but well worth it.

Vera from Information Technology and Services

Connectwise Manage

This has been a life saver. With email integration our clients can just email an issue in and a ticket gets generated. Cuts alot of phone calls and allows the technicians to work on problem rather than answer the phones.

Pros

great for helpdesk ticket management and tracking of client issues. All interactions from life of ticket to resolution in one place.

Cons

sometime the audit trail can be very confusing to track down what actually happened in a ticket and see the complete history.

James from Client Technology Solutions LLC

The Perfect MSP Management Software

I have seen a lot of MSPs struggle to manage time and costs. ConnectWise Manage can do all of this and much more. It was really nice to have one place where we could grab almost all of the info we needed for a given client or project. It can be overwhelming at first. Just stick with it.

Pros

Time tracking with ConnectWise Manage is wonderful. It's very intuitive and allows for powerful job costing. The software allows for simple project management and greatly enhances project workflow. The tabbed GUI (very similar to a web browser) made it very easy to switch between the necessary boards and views to get the info I needed.

Cons

I'm not a huge fan of how the discussions flow in the GUI. It feels clumsy and I never really had a clear understanding of what the client would see when I messaged them.

Christopher from Digital 323

Easy to pick up and use for end users, but with so many features

Highly searchable ticketing, sales management and project management center.

Pros

Onestop shop for Sales, Service Desk, Project Management Industry Leader Constant updates (see problems below) Integration with Connectwise Automate

Cons

Updates can break the software or features. Seems like they don't do enough Q&A If you don't know how the applications integrate then it's easy to make a mistake early on and this can trickle down in to the future. Hard to make changes to categories

Connectwise Manage as a PSA has more features than I know what to do with

Being able to track our technical resources and invoice customers easier. Saves a lot of time over not having a PSA.

Pros

Lots of features covering vendors, customers, the sales process, inventory. Track warranty and get notifications when they're coming up for renewal. Workflows allow you to make your own rules and notifications based on custom conditions.

Cons

Lack of Azure AD login sync, they have ADFS support but anything less than ADFS and you only other option is plain old LDAP.

William from Dymin Systems, Inc.

Good platform however support need to be support by phone or email or chat.

Streamlined and helped us with workflow and proficiency.

Pros

very robust and many integrated features. Coupled with automate and other packages is a great overall value for MSP's. Easy to use and implement for the most part. A wide variety of automation available in billing and agreements.

Cons

Support is lacking as phone support is not there and most of the time if you email or chat they want to point you to a website. I pay a subscription I expect support to assist me with the problem until it is resolved. Phone support for those emergencies is what I expect from subscription based software but is not an option with CW. BIG NO NO!

Michelle from Ohmcomm

Good but needs work

It is fair it def needs work and live customer support over the phone.

Pros

Cons

Purchasing tab needs major work. You can have several back to back chats with support about the same issue and explain it the same way yet each time you get a completely different answer from each agent

Pricilla from Liberty Technology

CRM

As far as my use of the software, I am overall satisfied. It does everything it needs to do. Its basic but good.

Pros

Product is simply laid out and easy to use. I prefer the desktop version but we just went full web version which is fine too.

Cons

I cant really think of any features or addons that need attention. I've been working with it for a while now and have adapted fine. I know how to do everything I need to do.

Chris from Parkway Technology Solutions

A major change to how we run our managed services business

Pros

It has transformed our business. - I finally get accurate time entries and expenses on tickets from my techs. - I have a massive amount of billing insights that I didn't have before. - And taking a company from prospect to paying client is seamless and easy. It has certainly taken its fair share of our time to get setup, and there is still so much more we can do, but I would not go back at all to what we had before.

Cons

I've got the complaints I'm sure most others have. There is so much there that it is easy to get lost. The interface, while pretty good, isn't always the easiest to navigate around. And, because of its complexity, it takes QUITE a long time to get configured even moderately for use.

Response from ConnectWise

Replied May 2018

Hello Chris, Thank you for all of your feedback. We are glad to hear that we have had such a positive impact on your company! Additionally, we understand your challenge with navigation and hope that that your team finds their way soon. Furthermore, we do offer ConnectWise University and several other resources that may be helpful to you. Let us know if there is any way we can help in your adjustment and we look forward to building our partnership with you!

Jeffrey from ZR Systems Group, LLC

The product does a good job of bringing contract management, inventory and procurement, and time man

Full business management platform for an MSP.

Pros

The massive ecosystem of partners that integrate with the platform. Wherever the platform isn't as good, someone has written a competent that fits in seamlessly.

Cons

Not so much a software issue, but with any big implementation the most value will be gotten out of integrating your business processes and people fully with the product as soon as you can. This is much, much harder than it sounds.