Freshdesk Reviews

4.51 / 5 (2,178) FrontRunners

Our advisors have recommended this product 3 times in the last 30 days

(1,271)

1,271

• Pros

• "This is an amazing app! I Love this app. so much. I can easily work anytime anywhere just using my mobile phone. "

• "very easy to use. Support was very responsive to questions. "

• "Aplicativo muito leve e útil para o controle e monitoramento de atendimentos de chamados, aplicativo bem completo"

• Cons

• "The only thing I would change is the interface seems a little dated. With that its still easy to use and accessible"

• "I think the price is right but it is a little too high if you add some features."

• "Although the interface is clean and simple, I personally find it a little too simple occasionally. Configuring the email side of it is not as simple as you would like if you are using office 365."

Browse Freshdesk Reviews

Juan Pablo from Grupo Axento

Great ticket management software

I would gladly recommend FreshDesk as a very competitive option if you are evaluating ticket management software. The whole implementation could be done by us in a manner of hours and they have an academy where you can get a certification and learn how to deploy it.

Pros

FreshDesk is one of the greatest ticket management software. It has a marketplace with addins that can expand it's features and possibilities and is easy to use. We deployed FreshDesk looking to upgrade how we managed out customers.They are now impproving with AI features.

Cons

The customer portal is a little bit dissapointing and can't be customized for every client. The contact management and arcade (gamification) features could be better, although they work.

Reasons for Choosing Freshdesk

Cost +features and it should cover the most important requirements we had at the time.

Thabo from TMI-SSP (PTY) LTD

Industry: Mining & Metals

TMI-SSP (PTY) LTD

Wonderful, I really like their 24hrs support system

Pros

With 5 years in business, we started seeing change in our revenues and employee behaviour in the last 2,5 years of using FRESHDESK. We stopped for sometime thinking maybe we could continue without these tools and a huge gap opened up thus we had to go back to the tried & tested.

Cons

Ease of business Friendly Interface Work Anywhere (App or Web)

Reasons for Choosing Freshdesk

It is tried and tested within my company It has 24hrs support Quick response to customer queries

Torre from Hooked On Code

Client Friendly Ticketing System

We’ve loved Freshdesk since we switched to it about 8 months ago. Our clients love it too. It’s cool that there is also a Knowledgebase feature built-in to help avoid ticket creation for common issues. Their support has proven helpful when we’ve needed them, the platform is feature-rich, and the pricing is very competitive.

Pros

The easy to use and beautiful ticketing system not only works great online but also functions very well for our clients if they only ever submit and respond to tickets via their email.

Cons

It would be nice if there were more sophisticated tasks / reminders as part of the ticket features but that is not even a feature most people look for, and we have ways to work around those limitations.

Sean from E2 + Associates

Industry: Architecture & Planning

You're on your own

Pros

The platform is relatively user friendly and has a sufficient number of features to work well.

Cons

Service is highly unreliable, and if something significant happens - don't expect Freshdesk to be available to help you. It can take 2-4 days to get a hold of someone EVEN IF YOU ARE FUNCTIONALLY SHUT DOWN. Here was our experience: We had been using Freshdesk for 3-4 years and were relative experts on our plan. We arranged to make a change to our Freshdesk plan to switch to a multi-product platform. We upgraded to a plan costing 7x our current cost per user and requested to speak with a Success Manager to plan to the changes. It took persistence and some time to get on the phone with someone. The person we got has had relatively low product knowledge, but escalated to a very competent product engineer fairly promptly. We confirmed our plan and attempted to implement independently after business hours. We were forced to initiate a backout plan when errors and unpredictable behaviour blocked our completion. Our backout plan partially failed and customers were impacted for 3 days before we were able to get anyone to help us. We heard a myriad of responses via email as to why a phone call was not possible from, "I am not working today" to "I will give you a call next week at your convenience" and "I will have XX get a hold of you to help" - but no call, no chat, no email Q&A -- radio silence. We got the message loud and clear 'you are not that important'. Be warned - if something go wrong, the documentation is very modest and don't necessarily expect help.

Reasons for Choosing Freshdesk

Lower cost of entry and good usability allowed us to learn how to incorporate help desk capabilities into our business model without paying high initial fees before value was realized.

It's good enough, but some features are lackluster, too expensive or missing

You'd think that 400M of total investments gets you an insanely good piece of software. It does not. Freshdesk was a huge step up from the tool we used previously and has some nice features. It's disappointing that some of the features are lackluster implemented or missing altogether or require you to purchase a higher tier license - just to maybe get one more feature out of a whole bundle you won't need. That's not a stand-alone issue in this industry, but it's extra disappointing if you come across a promising tool that just can't go that extra mile.

Pros

It's quickly set up and you'll be working with it in no time, especially when you start from scratch and don't need to import (a lot). As you work more with it, you'll run into a few issues that you'll have to adjust to. Most of it isn't major, it's just these little things that would turn it into a great tool. So without them, it's "only" good. There are a few nice features when it comes to automation.

Cons

There's quite a few things I find annoying. None of them are bad enough to stop using Freshdesk altogether, but they're annoying. In no particular order: - There's no default ticket view for users, information like this is stored in cookies - and lost when a user needs to delete their cookies for one reason or the other. - Ticket list can be filtered by various criteria, those filters can be saved. But columns are set once, regardless of views. So you can't have different ticket lists where one shows the priority and the other does not for example. - Speaking of lists: They are hard coded only for contacts and companies. - The API uses base auth with a very simple password. - Automations are limited in scope and the rules need to be set up very, very carefully to make sure they don't interefere with each other. - If you want to change basic SLAs, you need to upgrade to the higher tiers. - If you want to have different Notification emails per group or type, you need to handle them in Automations (with less formating options) and not via the Email Notification Templates. - Some things are dictated by the system and can't be changed or turned off: Some notifications, some columns in the ticket views, for example. - Status codes are shared across different groups and/or products. So if you need a "Pending Approval" status for your Changes, you will have it in Incidents, too.

Reasons for Choosing Freshdesk

As you see above, there are quite a few drawbacks. None of these was a deal-breaker for me, but they do seem to be rather arbitrarily set limitations to get customers to upgrade to more expensive tiers of support. Ultimately, the deciding factor was the ease with which to integrate Freshdesk over their API with other tools that we use. Compared to the others: Zoho Desk's API was almost as bad as their customer support, but their ticket workflow options are far superior to Freshdesk. Happy Fox came close, but their API had a severe limitation for us as they only allow one specific status to create tickets with, which didn't work for our use case. Otherwise, we would've picked that. Zammad did not support multiple email inboxes at the time we tried it. Kayako did not leave a lasting impression. Deskpro was for the longest time the forerunner, as we really would've liked a self-hosted tool. Their user interface is not as slick as the one from Freshdesk (or any of the others, really) and I don't like how they handle workflow status, but their support team was *by far* the best of them all. Unfortunately, we didn't get the self-hosted option to run reliable in our environment. And while their API outshines everybody else's we tried their GUI was a bit too clunky and cluttered for our taste. I'll definitely will keep an eye on them and check back how they improve.

Bob from Top Down Systems

A Fresh Start to Better Customer/Issue Tracking

We needed to migrate from a support solution that was bought out by Microsoft. Microsoft CRM Dynamics was too expensive, so we reviewed over a dozen solution providers. The Freshworks team worked with us to ensure we had a successful implementation (3 months - part time). They were also very receptive to our feedback and have incorporated those ideas into Freshdesk. We just got done adding another SSL certificate for our latest product's portal. The support team came through again with flying colors!

Pros

We use Freshdesk every day to capture and work customer-reported issues. The ease of use has a major factor migrating from our former portal solution. We were able to keep things simple while still capturing all the critical elements of the issues. The Solutions page (knowledge base) was/is very easy to maintain and update. From an Administrative perspective, the product is easy to configure and customize. Further, we have enjoyed nearly 100% up time over a year and a half!

Cons

We were hoping to port over prior ticket history from our prior solution, but were unable to capture "conversations" as part of our migration. However, Freshworks was able to create new records for each legacy ticket as part of our conversion. In the long run, only a couple customers ever noticed their prior ticket submissions.

Reasons for Choosing Freshdesk

Overall, we just needed a simple process for handling ticket submissions and responses. Many solutions came with high price tags that were just not in our budget. The implementation and training options provided by the Freshworks team sealed the deal for us.

Neal from SoloCompute

Very solid help desk software

I started as a free user and found it extremely versatile. My first hiccup was that, as a free user, when the advanced features that were included expired, they disabled my account. Instead of scaling it back it just went offline without warning. Once that was fixed we found an excellent way to continue with the free account until they implemented a "spam" update that invalidated all tickets sent to any email address except our main address. Again, this was done without warning and we were offline for 3 days. We have subscribed but it was done more out of necessity rather than being able to upgrade for full features.

Pros

I like the fact that it has a dedicated APP for mobile use, that I can use Email to respond to tickets, great search functionality as well

Cons

Interface could use an update to be more compact and show more information in a single screen. right now a ticket takes up pretty much every part of the display. Also, IOS app is slow on startup and refreshing

Reasons for Choosing Freshdesk

More features and better pricing than Zendesk.

Ian from Ryde School with Upper Chine

Best Helpdesk I've ever used

Having been in the IT support industry for more than 20 years I've used a lot of different helpdesk systems and this has been, by far, one of the easiest to setup and run, and also one of the fastest. It lacks all the extra bells and whistles that something like Spiceworks has but if you already have other tools for network management etc... I've yet to find a better system for so little cost.

Pros

Excellent ticket system Lots of configurable options New price plans mean that there are no headaches with the number of agents Fantastic automation tools Supports Google authentications

Cons

It would be good to be able to create a default user template so that any new users submitting tickets are automatically given certain things (profile photo, address etc...)

Amanda from N2 Publishing

Industry: Publishing

Great value

Freshdesk has been phenomenal in my daily workflow to help me reach my customers.

Pros

Freshdesk is pretty simple to use and has a lot of features that you can customize to suit the needs of your business.

Cons

The only issue I have found so far is that the reports don't generate correctly. The data used in the reports don't fit with the criteria.

Yeprem from AET Solutions Inc.

So responsive you'll think someone replied for you.

Pros

Clean UI. Many settings but well organized so everything is easy to find. Extremely responsive. Tickets are generated quickly and modifications are saved instantly.

Cons

I can't say that I've run into something that I haven't been happy with.

Sandor from Linux Courseware

Customer Support has gone downhill, and they refuse to fix a perceived security issue.

Freshdesk is a good product. Their technical support is sporadic. Sometimes good sometimes bad. Unfortunately, it is on the downturn again. When I first started, I had to wait days for a support question to be answered, and to contact a salesperson was almost impossible. Their phone support is unusable. It rings forever, and when you do get through since it is impossible to get through though you cannot hear them. The times I have gotten through and left a message, noone has replied to my question. When your a single person business this is frustrating, The support became better and now it is going back downhill again. I feel I have to convince them that something is wrong. What is most bothersome is they don't understand as a single person business I cannot spend days on a problem, and if I tell them there is an issue such as an attack on an email address, which I have no control over and they don't fix it.

Pros

The software has a great deal of functionality.

Cons

If you do not have a support email on your site, you create a support email address (which you must) on their site. You have no control over it. My account is continuously spammed. They insist the email address is my problem, but I keep telling me the email account is not on my mail server, so how can I filter it. I sent Freshdesk documentation showing the support email address is not on my mail server, but Freshdesk insists it is my email problem. Anyway, you receive lots of spam and no way of filtering it. When we first were attacked, I had over 300 spammed contacts. The other issue is a two-step process to delete the emails. The problem could be abated by requiring any user who creates a contact on the site to verify. The problem is that some of their clients do not want this. So why not put an option that allows their clients to choose if they wish verification emails or not. The additional issue is if someone can spam your Freshdesk site, then they think they can spam any of your sites.

Reasons for Choosing Freshdesk

I liked the product I liked the capabilities

Nikos from Navarino

Industry: Maritime

Why we chose Freshdesk

Their support is probably the best support out there, a real 5-star experience, plus they are continuously implementing new features and create new products. As an administrator In my company, I really don't have to do a lot and I can easily do my job. There is almost no complaints from users.

Pros

Software is very clear and easy to use. A new user would require minimal training. All latest ticketing ideas and features are already implemented. There is constant development and you can see the changes every day without affecting the existing functionality though. Great staff mentality and customer approach.

Cons

Some times users are a bit confused, but I guess this is normal when someone enters a new platform. There are some hidden features that should be available on the administrator menu in my opinion. The parent-child feature should be more flexible.

Reasons for Choosing Freshdesk

Two reasons were the decision-makers. The ability to send normal emails with attachments that are not links to the cloud and the value for money quality.

Support Detail

Our business needs quickly expanded into handling over 50 tickets / work orders a day across multiple client sites. We were struggling to find a suitable solution that would cater for multi site, multi users without incurring addition costs for client access to their tickets. Freshdesk software ticked all the boxes when it came to the online portal access for clients and exporting ticket information into CSV files.

Pros

- Creating, monitoring and finding specific information: EXCELLENT - User interface is very fresh, intuitive and user friendly - Keeping track of files was an added feature I didn't expect and was very useful the bigger the tickets became. - Splitting and Merging tickets is a must for any helpdesk. This software is very intuitive on this feature. - Mobile App is so easy to use across IOS and Android. - Reporting Functions are excellent - really think the custom dashboard is a REAL PRO when considering a Helpdesk Software Solution. - Setup: If your not a tech person, Freshdesk live support is excellent. They have helped me same day on each occasion. Very reliable and efficient, but most of all understand your requirements.

Cons

Integrations are getting better with other software platforms but there are no real cons to be mindful of whatsoever with Freshdesk. I would like to see a better integration with Xero Financial Software.

Reasons for Choosing Freshdesk

Easier setup Better Reporting Better Email Notification Setup Better Integration Advanced Searching Feature across tickets and tags

Dan from ROLI

Industry: Music

Great software - some bugs need fixing and could use some additional features.

Good experience. Support is fast to respond. It's an easy platform to train new team members on.

Pros

Ease of use, setup, and features. An added feature would be to be able to search ticket by subject title and then to select many of the results at a time.

Cons

There are some persistent that need squashing. For example, when chatting with FW support team, our chat windows frequently come up in foreign languages. Our support site and FD access has been knocked out several times in the past due to FW blacklisting our IP address.

Reasons for Choosing Freshdesk

Price was far more affordable.

Mike from Kornerstone Credit LLC

Simple and Intuitive

We decided to try this out as our ticketing solution and were very impressed. Packed with features even at the lower tiers. At the lowest priced tier we're able to integrate Microsoft Teams and VSTS/Azure DevOps which is huge for us. The features are also very organized so the admin page doesn't have 200+ options to skim through.

Pros

FreshDesk has found a way to offer similar options without cluttering your screen with unnecessary options. You're able to expand on your options with custom fields/tags/etc but the basics cover most scenarios. My favorite feature though is how easy it is to update a ticket department/agent/status. You can do it from the ticket view screen that lists all your tickets. Why is no one else doing this? Seems obvious now that I'm using it ha, it's even available on the phone app, big time-saver. It really seems like a lot of thought was put into creating this product.

Cons

One thing I really didn't like is the table view for tickets. I have large monitors and this doesn't expand the width so I end up with a bunch of empty space to each side of the table. You can change the Layout and the Card view helps, but I prefer the consolidated table view, but not if I have to scroll to the right with empty space on the page that could've been used. Another thing I noticed that could improve is the options for the email. Our previous solution would create the ticket and move the email from the inbox to our archive folder so we keep a history in a second place. FreshDesk currently as of 2019 only has the option to delete or leave the emails there. Not that big of a deal, but would be nice.

Reasons for Choosing Freshdesk

Easier integration with Teams/Azure DevOps. Cost did not include a lot of features we don't use as we're a small company. With the smaller tier we're getting what we need at a low price. More than we need really.

Rich from Forestburg ISD

Using FreshDesk for 3 years and Still Going Strong

Teachers generally create tickets for me with problems they have with technology. Administration creates tickets for me to evaluate different education systems, set up systems for teachers, arrange training, or pretty much anything. It's all documented in detail in the ticket, along with pictures, links to articles, whatever I need.

Pros

The software is easily customizable, and fairly easy to use. Being able to see the notifications pop up on my watch and access tickets from my Google Pixel phone is a lifesaver. Teacher's can't be bothered to log in to a portal to create a ticket, so we customized Fresh Desk so they could simply send an email of their problem to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and it would create a ticket for them. I can reply to them right from within the help desk system. Initially we had it set up for two agents and purchased the next level plan. Our Maintenance Supervisor ended up not using it so we backed down to the free version. The virsatility of multiple plans is a major plus. Their support is quick, and eager to help. They will actually go out of their way to help you.

Cons

The only con is probably easily fixable-- When I close a ticket, it of course emails the teacher letting him/her know. But they inevitably always reply with Thank You, which reopens the ticket. Other than that, it is a perfect system!

Reasons for Choosing Freshdesk

Freshdesk has a free entry level version for just one agent, and that sounded like it would be perfect for us. We are a small school district with only around 180 students, and I am the only technology person so I function as director, tech, integration specialist, whatever they need. What we didn't need was an expensive solution we couldn't afford or justify.. Freshdesk fit the bill!

Drew from Open Mortgage

A fantastic solution

We have been very satisfied with our migration to Freshdesk and will be moving our other ticketing systems over as well. Any time we have had to reach out to their support team they have been quick to respond and have solved our issues promptly.

Pros

Easy of access to manage tickets and knowledge bases. We use SSO so no one users have to worry about accounts. They can go through our SSO to elevate tickets and track the status of their tickets. As an admin it's easy to manage the entire account.

Cons

There is nothing to not like about this software. Everyone has been pleased about it. Though we did have to use the automation to assign the agent when closing a ticket from the dashboard.

Reasons for Choosing Freshdesk

We already have a portal in place and did not want to confuse our end users. Zendesk only allows you to have 3 layers in the KB and we did not want to have a long wall of categories.

Patricia Brigid from Teledata ICT Ltd

Superb Experience

We needed an efficient CRM system, easy to set up an with easy access to analytics to manage our tickets and Freshdesk was able to give us that and more. We love that its features are based on time; we are able to measure agent and team performance on this.

Pros

Freshdesk is built on ITIL framework and very easy to use. It took me a few minutes to figure it out, find all the metrics that we needed and set up. The support and software team are readily available on chat, email and conference call - regardless of need. Lately I see lots of improvements in the software (like the Field Service Management, Proactive Reach and advance ticketing). Some of the new features have helped us tremendously while others (FSM) has got us thinking on efficiency in our field work.

Cons

In improving the system, a few of our favored features are taken off. For instance, with Linked Tickets we are unable to send bulk emails from the Tracker. The alternative is to send bulk emails from the Tickets view or filtered view; this is tedious if one has to select individual tickets which notice is meant for or when there are multiple linked tickets to different trackers. Also, Email Outreach should have the alternative of selecting contact from Freshdesk instead of uploading a CSV file

Reasons for Choosing Freshdesk

Ease of use and support response rate. Freshdesk team were proactive to set up an online meeting with us where sales, IT and other relevant stakeholders were available to answer our questions and understand our needs before paying for the service. While on trial, we had set up 80% of the things we needed while waiting for feedback on the remaining things so this helped us decide quickly.

Raymond from Regenesys Business School

Freshdesk review by software dev manager @ Regenesys Business School

Awesome.

Pros

The ease of use, both for the agents as well as the clients is pretty awesome. Being able to pull out detailed reports concerning not only the tickets on the system and their categories and statuses, but also seeing agents' performances makes this product recommendable for me.

Cons

The fact that I have to log in twice, once for freshdesk and then again for freshworks, before I can gain access to our freshdesk platform really irks me sometimes. An SSO would go a long way in preventing this. Also, being to integrate with Jira proved unsuccessful for me.

Reasons for Choosing Freshdesk

Ease of use for agents and clients as well as reports.

Very happy with Freshdesk

We are a distribution company that imports several US and European brands into Canada. We manage the customer service inquiries for all these brands for Canadian customers and retailers. We were previously using Outlook inboxes but that became too cumbersome. Freshdesk has allowed us to feed all inquiries to one place while still maintaining our separate brands and automatically routing tickets to the appropriate customer services team. Our workflows are more efficient and customers are easier to track.

Pros

Freshdesk is extremely easy to implement and the ability to customize experience, workflow, automations, users, and more allows us to optimize for our business needs. The onboarding and customer support has been very knowledgeable and friendly. The software offers excellent value for what you pay. Everything we need for our medium-sized company is in the plan we've chosen and as our needs grow their higher tier plans look like they will grow along with us. We also chose this software because it integrates with their Freshchat solution.

Cons

There are a few automations & rules that are pre-built into the software that didn't fit into our business workflow. But we easily adjusted them to fit our needs.

Reasons for Choosing Freshdesk

Freshdesk capabilities and features are very comparable with Zendesk's and at a lower price point.

Michelle from TECH DATA ADVANCED SOLUTIONS (ANZ) LIMITED

Best Email Ticketing System out there

We have been able to be more responsive to our customers while maintaining high data integrity across our whole business. The team is able to 'chat' in real time with each other about an individual ticket without confusion and the ability for us all to be 'in' the ticket at the same time to see what is going on. The transparency of our interaction with our customers also mean we can address team training needs and discover any shortfalls of our customer service quickly, confidently and positively.

Pros

The ease of use and the overall look and feel of the experience for the team and our customers.

Cons

We are sometimes limited with our ability to search however this is more about how we use it and not the software itself. We are heavily reliant on our customers sending queries with quality subjects in their emails and due to how generic they are, the amount of queries we receive and the limitations we put on the team to tag/identify can give us high numbers of returns during a search.

Reasons for Choosing Freshdesk

Better features including customisation. The team at FreshDesk were also amazing to work with - addressing all of our queries and even working on our needs to ensure they could be addressed before we signed.

Gabriel from CentrixOne

Very happy with this purchase

I am currently the only person responsible for customer support in a small company. Freshdesk made it much more easy for me to manage support tickets due to SLAs, automations, etc. I used to have to do pretty much everything manually. We'll be adding new users soon because of this great experience.

Pros

Ease of use. Reasonable price. Otherwise, I like the way tickets can be prioritized with SLAs, status, etc. Canned responses and automations are great too.

Cons

The automations, despite being very nice, are somewhat limited in terms of what they can do. Sometimes I'd like to go a little further than what they can offer. It's often just little details, but it could make a big difference. Here are a few basic examples: 1) IF field is empty, THEN send a notification to the user with a message saying that it has to be updated. This is not possible since we can't have an automation triggered by a field being left blank. 2) Only the custom fields with drop down lists can be used as triggers for automations. Also, I'd like to be able to have the SLA based on the expected first response rather than the expected resolution. Overall though, it makes my job a lot easier.

Reasons for Choosing Freshdesk

The price mostly. While Zendesk had cheaper plans, the Freshdesk plans had more features for the same price. Zendesk overall had a few more features, but we would have never used most of them anyway and Freshdesk seemed easier to configure and customize and it looked better in my opinion. The ticketing systeme is just great. Everyone asked was talking about Zendesk, yet I found it somewhat underwhelming.

Angel from JEDI Virtual School

Easy to Use, Easy to Setup

Pros

My favorite part about this software is the knowledge base. This has helped us immensely on our team. Certain parts of the knowledge base show up based on the company the user is associated with. This allows us to set up public tutorials, internal tutorials for our staff, then another section that just our internal help desk can use. It is also very user-friendly, our students and staff can easily create tickets and we are able to customize the fields for tickets. I don't use a lot of the features with phone and automated ticket assignment, but I can see how this would be useful for a larger organization. I honestly have no complaints and whenever I have a question or issue, support has responded and solved my issue quickly!

Cons

There was an issue with spam, but this seems to be prominent amongst other companies as well. They have just implemented a resolve with this and I have seen a decline, but it is not completely blocked yet.

Reasons for Choosing Freshdesk

I had experience with Freshdesk as a user with a vendor that I work with. I like the ticketing interface and usability. I set up Freshdesk to try and really liked the options and features. Specifically the knowledge base setup.

Alphonso from IT Naledi Solutions

Easy to setup and use. Great ticketing system

We are an MSP and Freshdesk is the core of our support business. Without it we wont be able to keep track of what work needs to be done. Our client tickets get logged on Freshdesk and assigned to technicians. Time logs gets added, tickets get exported and processed for billing. Any issues that we've had, we simply contacted them via in support chat and it was resolved quickly.

Pros

Incredibly easy to get going with the software. Your in house IT team can set this up themselves and you dont need to spend a fortune getting a consultancy firm to do it for you. The interface is also very intuitive and even without any training your staff should be able to do the basics. We looked at other solutions that were more of an all in one kinda package that also included financial, stock/warehousing etc but found that these were overly complex and as a result made us work less efficient and the helpdesk staff also did not want to use it because it was just too bloated for their needs. Freshdesk does ticketing and it does it well. The company does have other software modules and integrations that you can add if you want (addon integration apps or maybe look at their other products like Freshsales or Freshservice) If you just want a great easy to use ticking system, definitely give Freshdesk a try. The free trial should be more than enough to give you a fell for the system.

Cons

I cant really think of a con. Some might want something that has more features or customization but we are seeing that as a pro as it keeps it simple and efficient (not that Freshdesk lacks features. For us, it has everything that it needs to have and more)

Reasons for Choosing Freshdesk

Enjoyed the user experience and catered for all our needs

Freshdesk is a great alternative to over priced industry stalwarts.

Pros

Freshdesk has been a breeze to set up and use effectively. My team loves how easy it is to quickly work through tickets. We heavily use Trello and their integration is top tier. When issues do come up, the support team is always available to answer my questions. Even when it doesn't support a particular workflow, I've always been given excellent suggestions to work around its limitations.

Cons

Many integrations are v1 products that were built years ago and never updated. Salesforce integration needs a lot of work. We had to disable it because it was using too many API calls.

Mark from Textiles

Industry: Textiles

Freshdesk proving their worth on the CRM market

We have moved from Desk.com half a year ago. The decision was made based on our comparison. We have selected Freshdesk as it seemed to give the best value for the price and people also seem really satisfied in general. To me Freshdesk is a developing underdog on the CRM market with some huge advantages and opportunities. We selected them because we can have some top notch solutions just like we had Freshdesk or Zendesk, but we do not have to leave a fortune there. They still need to spend a lot to improve the software as the market is really competitive with other companies like Salesforce, Zendesk but it seems they have the ambition to be the best. Moving to Freshdesk still seems a great decision.

Pros

Learning the software was quite easy for the agents as well which is a huge advantage. This is partially because of their support team as we have always been able to contact then and ask any type of questions regarding their software. The CS Team is always helpful and pretty professional. They did not forger us even after we started using their software (which happens with many companies). Ticket handling is really efficient and the agent portal has a nice design from a practical viewpoint as well. We like canned responses. A nice little feature is to add support page article links / contents to reply messages just like canned responses. Another huge advantage is the knowledge base / support page which is highly customizable. In general we like ticket automation rules as well and it helped to solve some of our special requests.

Cons

At this point we are not able to use our own SSL and we cannot afford to have extra expenses to rent an SSL from Freshdesk (probably third party) or buy their top plan to have their SSL. This is a good indicator that some essential functions are only available if you are using their top plan. It is good that you are able to customize your portal URL, but if you do you are not going to have HTTPS until you pay more. This makes this whole function questionable. I am hoping the development team will solve this soon. Apparently there are some minor function that we have to solve with a workaround but it is straightforward available for competition.

Sinencia from Express Facility Management

Industry: Facilities Services

Freshdesk makes working easier!

In general, I think there are plenty of customizations and features with Freshdesk. The real selling point for our company was the analytics because we can see the history of our tickets and prevent them from reoccurring in the future.

Pros

I love the analytics and history log in Freshdesk. Freshdesk tracks agents' productivity through out the day and breaks up this information by the hour. We can also look up who has resolved the most tickets or who sends out immediate responses. All of this information is especially helpful when assigning new tickets because we can see a history of our most efficient employees. Previous tickets can be easily searched by key words, agent, or time frame. When multiple people are working on one project, it really helps to decipher who did what and when!

Cons

One thing that I believe can be improved is having a group option to send out an email. It's not common when we have to include multiple people on a ticket but when we do, we have to cc them in the very beginning as opposed to adding "Group A". -- The information still gets everyone on the same page, however it is an additional step on the agent's end.

Reasons for Choosing Freshdesk

We chose Freshdesk because of the variety of user friendly capabilities and features. Salesforce had aggressive sales reps who didn't care about our companies needs. Zendesk wasn't user friendly and many of the "integrations" could only be connected by people with web design or coding experience. Jobber fit our needs as a smaller company but now we have 5 service divisions. Overall, Freshdesk is the platform that suits all of our needs as a growing company.

Freshdesk Is Polished & Professional

It's hard to argue with Freshdesk. We've been using it for 2 years now (free version), and have very few complaints. The mobile app keeps us on top of support tickets, and our support portal is branded with our logo and brand colors. Freshdesk is simply polished and professional, and it's hard to find reasons to build a support desk elsewhere. Freshworks (owns Freshdesk) has a suite of services (Freshworks 360) similar to Zoho One. I'd love to learn more about 360, but they don't publicize the price.

Pros

I love the Freshdesk simplicity of setting up a help desk and knowledgebase with very little friction or custom coding. Once you updated the layout with your brand assets, it's pretty much ready to go out-of-the-box. They have a generous free tier, and can imagine the paid plans are worth upgrading if your needs are more demanding. We've looked into lots of other suites and building our own support desk, but......why?

Cons

We don't like the narrow width of the window when browsing support articles in desktop view, and the fonts could be larger be default for accessibility - though fonts can definitely be enlarged with a bit of manual tweaking to each article. Not many cons frankly!

Reasons for Choosing Freshdesk

Free and easy to setup! Had a support desk within a day, and no one's complained about the experience in 2+ years. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Robert from Madison School District

A Fresh Approach to Ticketing

FreshDesk is a great ticketing system. We use FreshDesk to support all the schools in our school district. Integration with Google (SSO, profile info, etc) works wonderfully. Knowledge base Articles are great. If we had to do it all over again, we would pick FreshDesk again. Our users love FreshDesk, they often comment how easy it is to place a ticket.

Pros

Modern, Elegant, Google Integrated, Nice iOS & Android Apps, Intuitive. Lots of useful features. (Merging tickets, Splitting tickets, Tags for tickets, KB Articles, Teams, Chat, etc) Nifty videos even at the end of the year. Service up-time is great (I don't think we've ever noticed an outage). Knowledge base Articles are great.

Cons

Plans & pricing are a bit annoying. You have to pick from useful features or unnecessary cost for things that should be included without an up charge to a higher plan. Sales, Support, Development, Billing, basically EVERYTHING, is in India, which isn't by itself bad, and for Freshdesk's part, it's much better than most India based support... But, if you open a ticket about billing, it can be months (literally months) before your issue is resolved. There are some design flaws with the product, and while you're told changes will be considered, they seldom are - FreshDesk has their own agenda, and your feedback isn't all that important in the development. It would be nice to see the company track, implement, and report back when feedback is actually taken, and this would be nice if it was done in a timely manner, but that doesn't happen. Some features are a bit confusing to set up and have silly names (Observer & Dispatcher) -- an outside has no idea what those features do, and even after using FreshDesk for a years, it's still a bit opaque. The concept of ticket fields vs user fields can be a bit annoying. There are little refinements that are lacking (email alerts that are not as good as they should be, etc).

Emily from AHRI

Solved our suppor system woes!

FreshDesk has streamlined agent actions and provided a clean and holistic overview of the product for me (the product manager). The agents are able to work together with better ease and be more efficient with the email notifications on ticket actions. The FD support team is incredibly responsive and good at providing alternative solutions if the product doesn't currently support what is being asked.

Pros

Customer portal, ability to support multiple products, customization of statuses/dashboards/setup, email notifications with ticket activities, real time help from FreshDesk agents to support our team when questions come up, collaboration tools for agents (private notes, chats, etc), notifications when another agent is viewing/working on a ticket (prevention of agents stepping on toes/rework)

Cons

I have struggled with getting the reports that I need from this software. I've worked with very supportive agents, but the software is not setup to generate the reports I need or to create customized reports for what I'm looking for. I am trying to schedule a daily report of agent performance that includes how many unresolved tickets are assigned to that agent at the time the report is generated (not how many were assigned to them in the report period) and the aging of their ticket queue (how long has the oldest ticket been open). We work in software development and we can't close some of our tickets until development work has been done, some times taking months. Having that metric is critical for our team to be able to analyze resourcing and performance.

Reasons for Choosing Freshdesk

The out of this world product team. I'm not kidding when I say your onboarding staff is what sealed the deal. The product knowledge, SUPER responsiveness and excitement Reshma had about your product is what sold us. Of course the software answered all our questions, but the onboarding process is what really confirmed we made the right decision.

Josemaria from Maynilad Student Services

Fresh as its name suggests

Fresh, intuitive, and a must-have tool for any helpdesk team. Freshdesk has helped improve helpdesk staff productivity, efficiency, as well as customer and top-level satisfaction.

Pros

Freshdesk gives us a fresh take on getting helpdesk support and updates. First of all, I love the fresh look and user interface. It is friendly and easy to create tickets and revisit the portal to get status updates. It acts as a centralized hub for our support team in terms of collating all helpdesk items from multiple channels like email, voice calls, chat, etc. It is also easy to see who is assigned/acting on a ticket in order to avoid two staff working on the same ticket (too many cooks spoil the broth). Canned responses is also great since it saves us time from re-composing the same incident resolution for recurring problems (like the common concern of password reset, network/account access..etc). Another thing is the reporting power of Freshdesk. We can churn out the performance levels of each helpdesk staff, even for the whole department. We can also generate reports to see the most frequent person/departments who request a lot of support, or which incidents turn out to be problems and for possible root cause analysis and resolution. One more thing, is the all-important Service Level Management (SLA) which can be set up and managed well from within Freshdesk. SLA Performance reports can be easily downloaded and intuitive enough to be used for future IT strategy and planning.

Cons

The notifications can be a powerful tool for reminding the staff or triggering an action, however, Freshdesk can sometimes tend to flood the staff with all these notifications for example if a person is assigned a ticket and is also part of a group, the email sends at least twice. We'll have to look into how the setup for notifications can be more optimized.

Shikha from ApTask

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Extremely helpful online ticketing system-Takes care of all HR related and other queries

Overall experience has been amazing so far as it is able to cater our day to day needs. Great platform to provide internal/external support.

Pros

We have been using this software for more than 2.5 years now in our company to assist our consultants, vendors and clients. Freshdesk is a cloud based helpdesk system, which allows its users to resolve all day-to-day queries by generating tickets. This ticketing system works well internally and externally. Being a part of the HR Team, we receive approximately 20-30 tickets per day from our employees/Clients and other companies for assistance regarding pay, employment verification, employment letters, leaves etc. The employees send their queries to a common HR Group ID and then we allocate it to the concerned person within the team. The Fresh desk support is implemented by the technical department of our company as well where the internal employees raise tickets in case of any technical issues. The interface is easy to use and simple. It also provides guidelines and prompts for a new user, making it extremely easy to learn and start without much assistance. It provides the option to add a note to every ticket before closing it making it easier to know for the entire team that a ticket is closed. It also keeps a clear and manageable history of all the recently closed tickets. It also provides a feature to export a complete summary of the tickets group wise with categories and subjects, date of receipt and closure. Freshdesk has an in-built contact directory for all internal employees making it easier to allocate copy or forward the tickets.

Cons

As per our existing needs, I do not see any cons. I am sure it offers more flexibility at higher prices but so far, it works well for us.

John from iHOUSEweb

Great for Support Tasks

Overall, FD is a helpful tool for a support staff that deals with a large client base. However, just like any other product, it does have some things that need to be worked on.

Pros

It's easy to categorize and keep track of your work, especially with the new FreshDesk Mint version. The new FreshDesk Mint also shows a contact's recent tickets, so I can quickly see their recent history. I really love the scenario automations and keyboard shortcuts. Overall, FD mint feels smoother than the old FD. I wish they had: -more options for scenario customization -more options for keyboard shortcuts/customization === They have a decent customer support team that responds relatively quick(within 24 hours).

Cons

Some features from the old FreshDesk didn't transfer to the new FreshDesk mint. -Text in

tags wrapped perfectly to the next line(s) on the old FD, but it gets jumbled into one line on the new FD mint.  I have to literally copy the whole string and create a comment so I can read my client's request.  -I was able to edit the ticket's requester email address to ANY mail address on the old FD. This is not possible on the FD mint unless you have admin privileges to edit your company's contact database. So, if you don't have admin privileges to edit your company's contact database, you'd only have access to update the ticket request email address to ONLY contacts in your company's contact database.  I had to literally convert to the old FD every time to just update the email address, and then go back to FD mint to process the rest of the ticket.   -CTRL+Shift shortcut didn't enter a space on the old FD, but it does on the new FD Mint.  I have to account for this now whenever working in FD Mint.  -Better statistics and analysis would be nice.  The most useless statistic/achievement they offer is the 'Speed racer' statistic.  I believe it's fair to help contacts in the order they come(first come, first serve).  So, I work on 'older' tickets and I get punished for not responding to the 'newest' ticket available.  Why should you serve the client that just walked in the door instead of the person who has been waiting for hours?

Alan from LANCOPS SecureNET Services

Freshdesk can help you manage & grow your MSP business

Freshdesk helped BootUp LLC to get on top of their user help desk support problems, and this NYC-based MSP is now poised to grow its client base by hiring more technical staff and expanding its support offerings. Our collective experience with Freshdesk has been extremely positive, and we recommend it wholeheartedly!

Pros

Freshdesk enables your clients to create their own help desk request tickets, track their ticket's progress, add notes & comments along the way, and decide when to mark each ticket as Done. Once you know what the solutions to their most common problems are, you can post self-service procedures for the easy ones that they can handle themselves - thus freeing you from unnecessary remote support or onsite support events. Use the built in ticket timers, and you have a way to capture the data for your Time & Billing system. And you can build your user community with a built-in user forum and links to your social media accounts. Help desk managers can spot check the Dashboard and see at a glance how many & which tickets are unresolved, overdue, due today, unassigned, or on hold pending various 3 party issues. All of these features are designed to help you get on top of your service delivery and get the metrics you need to maintain quality service while adding clients & technicians. Pair Freshdesk with Teamviewer Corporate and you have a powerful Help Desk with one click remote support connectivity to any PC at any client location anywhere. Now you can deliver quality support with fewer truck rolls!

Cons

My only real problem had to do with Notification Alert Sounds. I wanted a way to use different new ticket alert sounds depending upon with the client, priority or assigned to me status so that I could walk away from my workstation and do other work in the computer lab but get a loud sound alert for critical new help desk tickets. A prompt response from the Freshdesk support team let me know that none of the major browsers support custom notification sounds in their API's, so there is no way to implement this at this time. (Hey Google Chrome & Microsoft IE teams: how about custom notification sounds in the next update release? Very useful for advanced users!)

Alex from Esu 11

Great tool, even at the lower price tiers

Overall, my gripes are relatively minor, and for the most part have usable workarounds. FreshDesk has proven an invaluable tool for our small team, and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a solid ticketing system. In fact, I already have!

Pros

The interface clear and navigable, making it simple to switch from our old ticketing system. It's easy to work together on a single ticket, especially with the ability to create Private Notes visible only to agents. Email templates help speed things up, and time-based rules ensure that tickets don't sit idle too often. Also handy are the apps that allow you to expand some of the functionality or customize features. While the ticketing features are handy, I've recently started delving into the "Solutions", aka knowledgebase. It's easy to format, and gives you some flexibility with HTML. I think we'll be able to leverage it for some very useful tutorials. In the meantime, we have a single page with a picture from The IT Crowd captioned "Have you tried turning it off and on again?" Finally, I'd like to give kudos to FreshDesk support. They are very responsive, usually replying within a couple of hours. I don't think we've had a single ticket stay open (waiting for reply) for more than a day. As an example, another organization we support had difficulty getting outgoing email working. FreshDesk's DKIM service wasn't functioning properly, making it impossible for them to send mail from the tool. They identified the issue quickly, and were able to address the underlying technical issues in a satisfactory timeframe. Overall we haven't had many problems, but where we've had them, they got fixed or explained to our satisfaction.

Cons

Unfortunately, some of the explanations from support have been "That's available in a higher price bracket." We're on the "Blossom" level, the first paid tier, and some features that we'd find useful are only available in higher tiers that are cost-prohibitive for our two-person team. It'd be nice to have an a la carte menu to be able to add a few features for a few dollars, rather than nearly doubling our cost. Still, those features are "nice to have", not necessary, and we are functioning quite well despite their absence. I can definitely see how larger teams would benefit from them though, so I don't begrudge the tiers' mere existence. There are a couple of weird things about the Solutions builder. I wish it was more of a "what you see is what you get" tool, though you do have the ability to preview your drafts before publishing the page. For example, I wanted include some footnotes, using superscript numbers in the text for indexing. This wasn't in the available formatting options, so I used the [much-appreciated] HTML editor. The problem is, the numbers continue to appear as plain text in the standard editor, and only appear as superscript in the preview (and of course the published page). This makes proofing cumbersome.

Kai from KG consults

Fresh, Works.

get it if you can afford it and have the team to support it. otherwise if you're just one? walk away son,.... you're done.

Pros

If you're looking for something that has just the smallest amount of customizing but is built very polished right out of the box, this is your product. The integration with the suite is nearly flawless, and I gave it a solid 2-month trial to see if it was right for me. The only reason it wasn't is that I'm a solopreneur, and as counterintuitive as it might sound, Freshdesk can easily be run by one person or 500. it's that scalable and built with the intent that a small team could be comprised of 4-10 people, and every single part of the software you can master in two weeks, and yet still find it surprisingly comfortable.

Cons

it's meant for at least a small team. one person by themselves can't run the whole show, which, oddly enough, having 35 more pieces of software, you can pull off with ZOHO. or at least I can.. I'm entirely into Zoho for the price. I just simply couldn't afford freshdesk's solopreneur pricing. it's not for freelancers, it's for teams... minimum 5 people before you're making full use of the suite which all came from freshdesk. (yes, I'm talking about the suite freshworks as if it was desk... trust me, you don't want just the desk...)... this is a rare case where they pull off a near perfect piece of software, but price out the little guys so that we don't get to play with their toys... but then again, I did say it was only semi-customizable. it's not like caspio or Zoho creator or a number of other CRM suites which have moved well into the low/no code markets by making their own flagship products with their own entry-level builder, just to show what it can do if you actually use it to it's potential.... freshdesk has limited potential, but unlimited freshness, oh.. and it's probably good that they make it unaffordable to the little guys, because this is not entry level software... you HAVE to know about crime and ticketing and VoIP and all that jazz before you touch this. I have about 10 years dealing with CRM's, and they are almost starting to catch up to how I feel they should work... freshdesk, it's an almost. with not much for options to make it my own, even if i cuuld afford it.

Alok from eWebGate & Alok Sharma Photography

Far better than the rest!

I have tried and worked with various competing helpdesk software's (both SaaS and Self Hosted), but Freshdesk is simply amazing and outstanding. I was up and running in less than 2-3 minutes. Yes, you heard it right, less than 2-3 minutes.

Pros

The best part I love about Freshdesk is the super fast - clean, simple, minimalistic and easy-to-use interface. Next what impresses me is the instant help and tips across all the sections in the Admin, making it extremely easy for a layman to get started in less time and without any help and support.

Cons

Well, there is really nothing I don't like about Freshdesk other than a little improvement with spam handling and spammers. No doubt Freshdesk already takes care of it but slightly in a different manner. I feel there should be an intelligent spam detection algorithm and mechanism which would send the spam tickets right into the Spam folder. Besides, creating and maintaining a common database of spammers would add even more charm to the software. That way, an agent can further manually review the Spam tickets and deal with them accordingly. Another slight issue is with the contact management. For any contacts that are deleted, Freshdesk marks tickets from those contacts as spam which I think is wrong. From time-to-time, the contact database increases with people contacting only once and then never turning back for years. Such contacts unnecessarily increase the burden of managing contacts and need to be deleted periodically. Instead, Freshdesk should consider creating a special category wherein all the contacts that are marked as spam will be tagged into this category. That way, an agent can get rid of unwanted contacts.

Sebastien from NousRire

Really good & well designed helpdesk software - I checked almost all of them and chose Freshdesk.

Much more speed and efficiency in our support work flow : Automation, assignements, grouping, tagging, SLA, Monitoring, Canned Responses, Integrated Widget, Email Forwarding, Facebook integration, etc. Looking forward to integrate the telephony also :-)

Pros

I'm tech manager in a growing online business and our support team is currently 3 agents. We needed to transition our support flow from mostly shared email support to something more efficient and I was the one to explore and choose the tech solution that we would implement - I chose Freshdesk. Here is why: The User Experience is very very well designed. I looked into ZenDesk, ZohoDesk, Desk.com, Kayako, Cayzu and others and they were all about the same price however Freshdesk stands out for the ease of use by far. Desk.com was the second-best design however it was quite bland. Freshdesk was surprisingly easy to understand for the less technically inclined people in my team and that is a win. Freshdesk is full of features and while there are many we won't use in the foreseeable future there were enough really useful ones in the first paid plan [Blossom] that we felt comfortable justifying this expense for 3 agents and eventually 4. The ease of use of these features especially compared to shared mail made us buy into Freshesk: 'Group', 'assigned to', 'Tags', ' Dispatcher' , ' Observer'. We found how to automate all of them. I had EXCELLENT tech support to customize the ticket fields and widgets; we needed API calls and Webhooks used to fit the workflow to our preferred implementation and really the tech person knew his job, was always patient and knew what to suggest and how to help me configure Freshdesk above and beyond what I expected.

Cons

The time before we became paying Freshdesk customers is the one place where I feel there is a need for more care. Once we are paying clients however the service is really good. Here are my main points for them to work on: 1. Please, we don't want to feel even the slightest pressure to buy into Freshdesk: we are a slow-moving company tech-wise and we needed more time to try all the features without having our trial deleted. The free trial is 21 days. We did receive one full extension and part of another and our assigned agent was as patient as she could about our slow pace; however I had the impression that behind her she maybe was pressured to ' close the sale ' . I felt pressured to go faster than our time budget was allowing to fully explore in depth Freshdesk. 2. That agent was also somewhat slow at first to answer to some questions I had before committing to a paid plan. 3. While I was exploring the whole feature set of Freskdesk I felt that she was not sufficiently able to help me understand why the first paid plan would be better for us than the free plan. I had made a list of features I wanted more info about and even on a live call I would have liked for her to be able to go deeper with me in my understanding of Freshdesk at that time. I felt she was mostly reading the same feature-sheet as me. 4. So we committed to Freshdesk a bit before being fully ready however by then I knew that there were more than enough paid features for us to make the jump.

Feeling huge potential of Freshdesk, but experiencing quite low speed of advancing

We got convenient for clients Helpdesk portal But still we are upset about lack of customizations and that some features are hardcoded (e.g. translations of Feedback form)

Pros

1. Occasional agents - great feature to keep agents without buying additional places 2. Very convenient multi-language feature 3. LIQUID gives lot of possibilities 4. Gamification features 5. Fully-operational API which is convenient to use 6. Great uptime. For almost 12 months of use - very rare failures 7. Convenient UI both for agents and customers (still lots of room for improvement) 8. Constant improvements and new features (but no sandbox still :( ) 9. Convenient customization of solutions (with multi-language features) 10. Good functionality of Dispatch'r, Supervisors and Observers. But still they are poorer than in SF and for some reason they're divided in separate groups (in SF they're just Workflow rules)

Cons

1. Some interesting features are hardcoded and have no possibility to be re-used (e.g. no "Popular articles" feature. Or we'd like to place Search field to outter resource so we could push customers to Helpdesk portal. But it can't be placed somewehere outside Freshdesk) 2. Having deep experience with Salesforce, we can say that Freshdesk has VERY LOW options of customization. E.g. we can't just limit rights to separate field or hide it for some users (I know there is an application, but it's not native functionality of Freshdesk) 3. Shutting down system (Hotline) and forcing users to move to another solution (throwing out all works done about implementation of Hotline) 4. No clear documentation about establishing integrations (e.g. with telephony service) 5. Day passes - I think it's incovenient that they are not included into subscription plan. Perhaps 10 passes a month or smth like that 6. No possibility to create own report - only use pre-built ones 7. I suppose b2b system should me much more flexible (we have a great example of such approach - Salesforce)

Karen from Nine Advisory

Stop forwarding emails now

Time saving functionality on many levels. Less emails in your inbox, and less hitting the forward button. Best part, if you're using Zendesk, you can import your emails from there when you get started. The functions in the free version are fantastic. Help desk, HELPS, but responding quickly. All private messages on a ticket or message are kept together with the email chain and kept private (unless you want the client to see the message). Recommend this product

Pros

I love the interaction with our team members. It's so easy to 'assign' emails to the correct department and the correct person within that department. Forget about hitting the forward button again, and having your team mates emails clog up with FWD: subject lines. You are also able to privately leave notes for your colleagues that the client doesn't see, but remains with the email chain! Happy days indeed. The customer service is great - even with the free version! - and you'll hear back very quickly about your queries or concerns. Nothing is too big or too small for them to respond to. Also, you can set-up response times, and review how the team is going reaching the company's response time. This is a great function to see how your team responds to clientele and also to see the average resolution time of tasks. You're also able to change timezones so that this reflects more accurately. Love, love, love the autoforward function, ie. if this email address @123abc.com sends an email it automatically gets assigned to this person in the team and this group. This isn't 100% accurate, but it's helped save time overall with minimal unassigned tasks coming through.

Cons

By setting up groups and team members of those groups, unfortunately if you assign it to the person & the group they'll get 2 email separate email reminders for the same email. We get around this by simply assigning it to the person in the group responsible, and they themselves apply it to the client group. Another thing that is a little annoying, is if you apply it to a group - it leaves the email in 'unassigned' on the dashboard. Only if you apply it to a person will it remove it from this section. Again we just ensure we assign it to an individual.

Sandrine from Kapitec Software

Freshdesk makes support easier and at a very attractive price

Freshdesk is a robust helpdesk platform, which offers all the key helpdesk features. We have a partner who uses Freshdesk. We asked them for their feedback. They told us that they were happy with the solution and it matched their requirements, even with the Free edition. In 2015, we were looking for a helpdesk platform, because our internal solution was outdated and our budget was tight. We look at the solutions available on the market. After a very quick try we were convinced about Freshdesk: it was adopted! The Free edition (Sprout) offered us everything we needed and it was so user friendly! Freshdesk helps us to save time and money as it automates the support ticket management process: customized support rules, automatic email notification, tickets queue management That's perfect for us and for our customers who use it for submitting support ticket.

Pros

We definitively like a couple of things about Freshdesk. Even with the Free edition you have access to plenty of features. The portal can be customized: you can specify the colors of the colors theme, choose a font and also add your organization logo. You then can offer a branded helpdesk platform to your customers. All the admin features you need are in a one tab (Admin) organized in 4 main categories: helpdesk channels, main settings It is so easy to configure the solution and to customize it (forms, emails, and so on). The solution can be online in only a couple of minutes. We had to contact the Freshdesk support only once, and honestly we were really impressed by the way they handled our support request because we only have the free edition. The ticket was solved and closed in only a couple of hours. Great support service!

Cons

As we used the Free edition, we don't see any cons.

Paul from SAI Global

Awesome product!

We needed a centralised product to handle communications, drive our workload, provide automation, statistics and be our sole platform across multiple regions and ultimately, diverse products. Freshdesk seems to add the new features we need - just before we need them, and we can see others that we dont yet need, but will eventually grow into. Our overall experience has been brilliant - from initial small scale setup a few years ago, to gradual wider global deployment.

Pros

Configurable to meet our ever changing needs. In the years we have used it it has evolved with us. Sure there are things we dont need/use....now - but who knows in the future. It does everything we need and more - and it does it well. Its very scalable - we started out as a single product line, but it is now used globally for very different product lines - and it handles that diversity very well. The entire team use it all day, every day, and it is the one aspect of our work that is never painful!

Cons

Nothing from a daya to day perspective. I would like some better options for 'canned' reports.

Reasons for Choosing Freshdesk

Ease of implmentation and the better pricing structure

You need this if you want to provide better support services

Overall it is a good product. I have tried many similar solutions along but this one worked the best.

Pros

Freshdesk does everything that you would expect a custom support software wants to do. I like the ability to add custom fields to it, creating tickets on behalf of customers and viewing as customer. They provide wonderful support, even if you use their free account. The dispatcher rules are easy to create and manage.

Cons

It will be good to have ability to set client specific SLA rather than a generic support SLA.

One of the better options available

We have a great and effective tool for managing our customer interactions as well as our customer support articles.

Pros

This software is incredibly user-friendly and jam-packed with features and plug-ins. It has the ability to support multiple products and can have multiple user portals (knowledge bases) which is key for large corporations with multiple sub companies that are not related. Everything can be in one place, and everything can be segregated by group and by employee. Lots of automation features available, including ticket routing, templates, solutions, scenarios, filtering, and more. Can connect with social media accounts to manage Facebook and Twitter communications with customers. There are so many things you can do with this ticketing system that there just isn't enough time to go over everything and explain just how wonderful a tool this is.

Cons

The only major cons are billing, which is comparable to other similar programs, but this per-user pricing is kind of ridiculous that all of these systems have adopted. I realize that they need to have money, but for an account that is merely a rep that answers tickets vs an administrator account that needs access to everything, there should definitely be a difference in pricing. Integration with other systems, depending on the system, can be painful at times. Integrating into other sites is possible, but would require real programming. Although the portals are fully customizable via CSS and have some color and font options available, there are no templates to choose from, and no wysiwyg editor to do so. Having the ability to build your portal to match your website is vital, but difficult for non-web designers.

Freshdesk Experience

Out of all the solutions we explored Freshdesk was our #1 choice for help desk services, and after 2 years, we stand by our decision.

Pros

Freshdesk is simple yet functional, always available, and completely affordable. Additionally, the UI is quick and attractive making it a pleasure to use on a daily basis.

Cons

It would be more convenient if AD integration (LDAPS) was available within the UI to pull contacts from AD for the lower tiers.

Reasons for Choosing Freshdesk

When I engaged the sales team, they listened and understood our needs, and did not hesitate to build us a custom package at a competitive rate. This, along with the ease and functionality of Freshdesk, made it a simple choice.

Rob from Providen Pharmacy LTD.

Good value and good features

Overall it's been great. They respond to email and phone based support requests quickly and their support people know the product and know what they're doing. You can tell by the evolution of the UI over the years we've been using this product that they do continuous development and are working actively to maintain their system in a market place that changes all the time. They actively reach out to their customers and ask for feedback and suggestions as well. This product feels like a "big" product like "desk" of the larger ticket systems but it also feels "small" because they are east to reach out to and talk to you like real people.

Pros

The user interface is very easy to use. You can sort, filter and tag tickets. They have canned responses for making answering common questions easier. They have a "solutions" system (like a knowledge base or wiki for documenting things for customers) and forums to allow clients, customers and agents to discuss issues.

Cons

The solutions area could be made a lot better. It does the job and it's easy to use but I'd like to see more granular security. Presently you can restrict to groups but it's like to see restrictions by sub groups. For example, Agents are a group. IT people are a sub-group of Agent. Some solutions are for IT people only. I would also like to be able to easily mass-email customers and groups of customers or companies. I'd like to see more affordable SMS/Chat based ticket options as well. The one SMS integration they have with an external vendor is priced well outside the affordability of most small and medium businesses. Their apps for mobile are also very good.

Travis from Solis Inverters

Why are you still using Salesforce?

We are solving our service CRM platform with this software. I believe it has propelled us forward past our competitors.

Pros

The service, the price and the easiness of setup is the winning factor for this CRM. It's not just about Freshdesk but there is Freshsales, Freshrelease, Freshcaller which can contribute to your team.

Cons

In the beginning we had some bugs with the software but the developers resolved the issue very quickly which is practically unheard of now and days.

Reasons for Choosing Freshdesk

It came down to the GUI and added functionality.

Sunil from DataLocker

Simple Ticketing System with some nice features

Pros

FreshDesk does a good job of simplifying the process of getting up and running with a ticketing system for whatever your business or needs are. There are a variety of subscription levels that you can choose from which makes it somewhat nice in terms of what features you need vs which ones you don't need and would rather not pay for. The initial setup is a bit to get through to make sure that you have everything customized the way you want it, but for the most part, once it's up and running it's pretty close to a "set it and forget it" environment.

Cons

Some of the features across different tiers don't make as much sense. Obviously, they're a for-profit company so they want to make money, but some of the more seemingly basic aspects aren't included in any of the lower tiers. Also, there have been at least two instances where an issue has occurred that impacted our account and ticketing system (one was a ddos and another was a listed feature that we were unable to find on our admin screen). Both times when I called in the agent replied quickly with "oh, we have that available, it's just not turned on for your account." Both times when I asked if there were any other "secret features" (like the advanced email SPAM protection that was offered to help with the ddos attack) that we were paying for but not using the response was "you have to ask for specific features to turn on. I can't just tell you all available features that we have."

Muhammad from BaseCampDataSolutions

Fresh Desk Ticketing System

Support is awesome and try to mimic every scenario that you have to fix your problem. Certain features lac the ability to integrate it with other third party ticketing system. Its good for small-medium level enterprises and fulfills all the basic requirement of ticketing system.

Pros

Adding more than one email to get tickets for different teams . Observer work like your automated supervisor or a bot that don't let the ball dropped. Dispatcher doesn't let your tickets go out of work flow . Scenario automator saves a lot of time that takes to take defined set of action for certain type of tickets. Observer is life saver not only to segregate tickets but defining a definition to it.

Cons

If you edit client Name in ticket field, you will lose track of all previous ticket for that particular client, lets say if you want to change the name of client for any reason, and if you do without noting all tickets for that client then you will no longer be able to filter all those tickets after changing the name. Deleting agent will make all user tickets as orphan. I think its being fixed in new release and agent become user upon deleting it. You can't automate certain things like notifying agent or making him watcher if one who is not cced on ticket want to add something to it, you have to fwd him the ticket first. It has limited user control like You can't hide customer information from certain level of users. If you don't wan't him to login from any other places other then office, you can't do this with basic plan.

Perfect Customer Service solution for our Shopify-based E-Commerce company

Pros

Our team operates 2 different E-Commerce brands out of Shopify that have gone up in about a year and half. We could not have done it without Freshdesk. To me, it's similar to Shopify in that it is a true example of how building a product based on the user experience, then designing your reporting & data analytic capabilities, can deliver a powerhouse product. Freshdesk is a clean, intuitive experience that multiple Customer Service associates have picked up and been ready to roll with in a day or two. We have fully integrated it with our Shopify site - tickets submitted on our site come through Freshdesk, as does the on-site chat window, ALL social media comments or posts, and our cust service number. As our team member is speaking with or responding to a customer, she has all of the information tied to their order right in front of her, built into the ticket - that's the Shopify integration. We have most recently gotten disciplined about we are using the "tags" feature, which again operates very similarly to how Shopify does. Our service rep now has a list of all tags that should be connected to tickets and what they mean. This makes it super simple for us to run reports on common customer complaints, centralize PR inquiries, etc.

Cons

Compared to Zendesk, I think Freshdesk is a little more expensive starting out with only a couple of users (where we are currently). However, I believe that Freshdesk becomes the more affordable option as you scale, and with the great experience I've had I doubt I would ever switch.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 2,178 reviews