Browse Ginger Reviews

Olga from langforum.pro

A great way to start writing practice

Well, it is an outstanding tool, but only at some point of English learning. But for ESL/EFL Intermediate and Pre-Intermediate students it can become a powerful, motivating, encouraging and educative tool which will increase their passion for perfection. It helps as well to understand that all the mistakes, errors, typos, slips of tongue and slips of finger, blunders, gaffes and bloopers are valuable and any human being must learn from them and keep moving forward.

Pros

The software is based on Natural Language Processing and is probably derived from Generative Grammar by Noam Chomsky. This software is a powerful tool for those who have just started to learn English writing. It can be a great helping hand which will teach you how to paraphrase and what's more, it will demonstrate you the incorrect spelling. It will give you hints on adequate word meanings, can translate your wordings in more than 50 different languages. It is capable to read your texts out loud, can train you and motivate you. You will be able to easily use the program wherever you like: there are versions of Ginger for Desktop, Chrome, Safari, iOS or Android and even Microsoft Office. It can be your proofreader, coach and motivator. Such a great step for your writing progress. It is a great tool for Pre-Intermediate and Intermediate ESL/EFL Students.

Cons

I am not sure that there are versions for Linux (Ubuntu/Debian users).

Reasons for Switching to Ginger

PaperRater is not so powerful. Ginger has a good number of functions which PaperRater doesn't have.

Response from Ginger Software

Replied June 2021

Hi Olga, Thank you so much for taking the time to review Ginger! I sincerely appreciate your feedback and happy to hear you love Ginger. All the best, The Ginger Team

Teresa from Self-employed

Works Well

While the tool works well and improves my grammar by providing re-phrased sentence it doesn't always catch the punctuation.

Pros

Works well and give you some good suggestions on how to improve grammar.

Cons

Chrome extension causes delays in the text appearing when typing. The desk top app pop-up a lot. Doesn't always play nicely with other tools.

Reasons for Switching to Ginger

Grammarly lacked the rephrase feature at the time I purchased a yearly subscription so I purchased Ginger. I remain a user of Boomerang's for Tracking, yet I find the Respondable Advanced Machine Learning to be very beneficial even without have the full feature.

Response from Ginger Software

Replied June 2021

Hi Teresa, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! Glad to hear that Ginger is helping you improve your grammar and you're enjoying Rephrase. Regarding the desktop app pop-up - if you're referring to the Control+C+C shortcut, you have 3 options in your settings if you don't prefer this one! For the Chrome extension issues, I have shared this feedback with the team. If you have any compatibility issues on certain websites, you can email me directly at ann@gingersoftware.com. All the best, The Ginger Team

Carrie Joëlle from Insurance Supermarket Inc

Great Tool For Everyone

Pros

Whether you are publishing content or sending an internal memo Ginger is a great tool and ad on extension that integrates with your existing programs. It is great in a pinch when you do not have the time to have something proofed by copy writers.

Cons

It glitches at times and erases what you've written.

Response from Ginger Software

Replied November 2021

Dear Carrie Joëlle, Thank you for your review. We are thrilled that you love using Ginger. We are constantly improving Ginger and would be more than appreciative if you could send more information about glitches and erases to your writing. You can send any feedback and errors to ann@gingersoftware.com. Regards, The Ginger team.

Shehan from Lanka Walltiles PLC

Ginger spell and grammar checker

I like it very much and I am using this software 1+ years. It really helps me to structure my writing without major errors. For daily emails I am using this a lot.

Pros

I like this software a lot because I can add Ginger extension to web browser - Chrome. So, whenever I make mistakes in writing online, it helps me to correct by writing. Even it provides rephrasing options as well. Awesome !

Cons

However, I am using Ginger online and if you need help from this software you need to have a good internet connection.

Response from Ginger Software

Replied June 2021

Hi Shehan, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! Love hearing that you enjoy using Ginger. Sincerely appreciate it :) All the best, The Ginger Team

SUSANTA from City of Hope

Industry: Research

Customer service

Very bad experience once I am encountering a problem with the software. This is because there is no real person to help as customer support.

Pros

It is user friendly. Automated correction through word, made it easier to use.

Cons

Customer service. There is no real customer service. It has been one week, ginger software is not working. There is no direct person to help. Only after few days someone responding via email with different version of changes and nothing works. This is a gross violation of quality control of any industry. It should notified to all customers.

Response from Ginger Software

Replied May 2021

Hello Susanta, The latest update of Windows removed support for Flash Player. This prevents Ginger from working. We have launched a new Ginger app for Windows and Microsoft Office. In addition to fixing the issue with the latest Windows update, it features: Fast one-click correction from any application on your computer Smart alternatives to add creativity and style to your writing New Microsoft Office add-in to boost your productivity in Word and Outlook. Rephrase integration with Word, PowerPoint and Outlook A mistake by mistake explanation and correction in Word, PowerPoint and Outlook New shortcuts for Correction-(Ctrl+Enter) and Rephrase (Ctrl+R) To download the new version, please head to our download page - Grammar Check, Spell Check & Proofreading Ginger (gingersoftware.com) *Please remove Ginger's old version before proceeding and installing the new version!!! For further assistance, please contact support@gingersoftware.com Regards, The Ginger Team.

Rozalliny from IamRomunem Creative Agency

Sprinkle some ginger into your words for perfection

It is a great app and I had a great experience. More improvements can be made to make it even better but still a great app to use. It's more affordable than grammarly.

Pros

It's very easy to use and provides spelling and grammar correction. I also love that I can also get a ginger keyboard available even on my mobile device which is very convenient, and I also love their themes and emoticons on the keyboard. It's also great that it supports many languages.

Cons

I feel that it has room for improvement. The last time i checked they did not have a plagiarism checker

Response from Ginger Software

Replied December 2021

Hi Rozalliny, Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to know that you enjoy using Ginger. We are always looking for ways to improve and get better. Your reviews and comments help us to put a spotlight on our next steps and user requirements. We hope you will find Ginger to get better and better from your day-to-day use. Always at your service! The Ginger Team.

A decent tool to improve your writing

I have been using Ginger for many years to check, correct, and rephrase my writing to make my papers flawless.

Pros

Very simple and easy-to-use tool. Flexible. it works on PCs and mobile. I like that it can be easily integrated into Microsoft word and chrome. Ginger has many helpful features, like paraphrasing and read back, which is very appreciated by non-native English speakers.

Cons

I find it very annoying not to work with Google Docs. Also, the chrome extension does not work properly. It would be great if there is full offline proofreading. Other than that, I am very pleased with Ginger.

Response from Ginger Software

Replied May 2021

Hello, Thank you for your feedback.. We currently don't fully support Google Docs but we are working to be fully compatible with Google docs. If you encounter with any technical issues, please contact our support staff - support@gingersoftware.com. Regards, The Ginger Team

Kerry from Kerry ONeal

Industry: Writing and Editing

Updates have ruined my respect for Ginger

It's been excellent until this recent update this last week.

Pros

I enjoyed to document checking, the rephrasing options, and reading back my stories.

Cons

The updates consistently either slow down the software or freezes it the last one several days ago. Says internet server error or document is corrupted, which either isn't true!

Reasons for Choosing Ginger

The optional reader along with the document and rephrasing options were user friendly, until they started with unnessary updates

Response from Ginger Software

Replied May 2021

Hi Kerry, Thank you for your feedback. The recent updates came after Flash ended its service and it required us to make some changes as well. The changes have brought a new look to Ginger with new enhanced features. We were aware of some slowness in the past week, this is due to some maintenance work we did to improve the quality of our service. Ginger should function normal now with a faster response time. If you experience any other issues, please contact our support staff - support@gingersoftware.com Regards, The Ginger Team.

Russell from FusionSPEDtech

Good option for grammar checking

It's a great tool! Give it a try - I think you'll be pleased.

Pros

There are a few good options in the field of grammar checking, writing, etc. and I feel that Ginger is competitive. Here's what I like: - If you are in need of help with profession writing (emails, etc.), Ginger has the ability to identify grammar errors, spelling, and even sentence structure issues. Although some platforms will do this for you, others will not, so it's always nice to have Ginger working in the background to help out. - It honestly does a good job. It doesn't always catch everything, but it catches a lot. - It's extremely simple to begin using. It takes no time at all to set-up. - You can try it for free to see if you like it. You can keep using the freemium version if you like what you see and only want help with basics. - It works as a Chrome extension in your browser. - Even if your sentence structure is fine, Grammarly will also offer advice/ideas for improving your writing. - I think using this actually helps speed up writing for me. I don't spend as long exhaustively reviewing/revising what I've written. - Works with Chrome an Safari, which is not the case with competitors. - You have the ability to find synonyms and a dictionary within Chrome. That's a brilliant feature.

Cons

I have no major concerns about Ginger. It's a very competitive tool within the field, and I appreciate what it offers. It would be great if they'd figure out how to integrate this with Google Docs, but I've read that they are working on it. It's also not necessary, since Docs recently improved their editing toolkit. I'm just pleased that this works as an extension in Chrome.

Response from Ginger Software

Replied May 2019

Thank you so much for a positive feedback. We appreciate it! Always at your service. Ginger!

Sushil from Welclick Studio

Industry: Photography

This grammar checker is simple & free to use

I mostly use Ginger while writing company emails, notices, and articles. Upon adding its extension on Chrome browser, it instantly corrects the grammatical errors in my writing. They may, though, be working on incorporating it into Google Docs.

Pros

Ginger has an easy-to-navigate user interface. And, the most valuable part is that it does Grammar audits for free. Suggests accurate grammar corrections and even scans for sentence structure and corrects with better style and tones.

Cons

I often write on google docs, and Ginger currently does not work on it, and I have to copy and past it to Ginger every time for Grammar auditing and corrections.

Response from Ginger Software

Replied May 2021

Dear Sushil. Thank you for your review. We are happy to read that you enjoy using our products. You are correct, Google docs is currently not compatible with our extension. We are working to improve all our products on a daily base and as part of this hard work we are also looking to improve our support with Google docs.

Vinay from TechiTechnology Pvt. Ltd.

Industry: Graphic Design

for grammar and spell check

my overall experience with this software is very good. i am learning with the help of this software and improve my skills of speaking and writing.

Pros

the best part of this software that it does improve your skills of writing and even help in speaking skills. i like the way of this software to help someone, like chrome extension.

Cons

first thing it doesn't show one word mistake i mean it helps only in paragraph and doesn't translate the word like other software.

Response from Ginger Software

Replied January 2020

Hi Vinay, Thank you for contacting Ginger. Thank you for your feedback. If you are using the Chrome Ginger Writer or our Desktop app (for Windows) then you can see each mistake word by word. And you can also translate using these tools. We are happy to read that you enjoy our product. Regards, The Ginger Team.

Dheepthi from Amazon

Worst Customer Support

Software is excellent but support is horrible. Now it's a pain in my head.

Pros

The Software is really good. That motivated me in purchasing monthly plan. When I found the my subscription is auto renewed after my purchase(whi

Cons

Software usage motivated me in purchasing monthly plan. When I found that my subscription is auto renewed after my purchase(there is no info shared in the purchase page). I don't like their approach so I decided to cancel. Then I found out, only way to contact them is via email. I created cancellation request and it's been 2-3 days with no updates. (the SLA termed is 24 hours to get back to the request) And the worst of all is, as a card holder and user I don't have access to cancel my subscription or remove my card. I don't want to end up paying because of poor customer support. Hope the team would see this and act of my request.

Response from Ginger Software

Replied May 2021

All of Ginger's subscriptions are recurring payments. However, you can log in to your Ginger profile page via our website, and on the main profile page, click on 'Cancel subscription' to cancel your auto-renewal process. Your subscription will remain active until the renewal date and then will be downgraded to a free account. Regards, The Ginger Team.

Millard from Bicycling Photography

Industry: Photography

Do Not Respect their Cancellation Policy!

The program worked as advertised, but their cancelation process does not honor their policy. If you plan on never canceling the program then my complaint is not for you. But if you want to give it a try for a few months, beware of canceling your subscription. Their website is very shoddy and has no cancelation tool. Plus they ask for a "reference Number" which they NEVER provided.

Pros

It worked well enough to give it a good rating.

Cons

When I canceled my subscription they continue to charge me the monthly payment and their cancelation process is a "Contact Us" program. I received a confirmation that they received my request, but still charged me days later , even though I canceled well before my renew was due. So far no response from the Support Team, nor refund for the monthly fee they charged me after canceling. Still waiting for a proper response.

Response from Ginger Software

Replied November 2020

Dear Millard, Thank you for your honest feedback. Our refund is very simple. Once you wish to cancel your subscription all you need to do is send us an email with a request to cancel your subscription. We ask for a reference number just to make the search easier when looking for your order because not always the email provided is the same email you have used to sign up to Ginger. This info is also published in our website FAQ, we do not hide any information about how to cancel a subscription. You have contacted us asking to cancel your subscription and then you were charged again, our agent responded back letting you know that there was a but and therefore you were falsely charged. On October 28th we have refunded your last charge and canceled your subscription per your request. We are sorry for the confusion and hope that you understand that we honor every request that we get. Regards, The Ginger Team.

Jovana from Jednakost

Spice Up Your Writing

Ginger has accuracy many grammar checking tools are lacking. It is simple to use, a bit pricey, but it seems that all alike software keeps the price up. But overall, a very positive experience.

Pros

I tried a number of grammer checkers and I still get surprised how (in)accurate some are. Well, Ginger is one of the most accurate. If only the price was more affordable.

Cons

I noticed that I too much rely on grammar chekers, so if your spelling is deteriorating like mine they should be to blame. :) But more seriously, they need to integrate wit Google Docs soon, that is a huge turnoff for many people.

Out of curiosity.

Response from Ginger Software

Replied March 2020

Dear Jovana, Thank you for your feedback. We will take your suggestions into consideration. Regards, The Ginger Team.

diksha from Ediblewebtech LLP

Highly Reliable Software for Grammar and Spell checks

One of the best software to try that delivers high accuracy results. It helps you save your time and energy in fishing for the errors and rectifying the same.

Pros

Its ben three years now that I have been using Ginger Software and it has never let me down. As a writer I need to be quite particular about my grammar and spellings. Therefore, this software has everything to help me relieve for repetitive and the taxing process of checking for any grammatical or spelling errors, if any. Besides that it also provides various online drill sessions and tutorials to help one learn enhance his/her grammar.

Cons

The only thing that I do not like about Ginger is that it does not work in Google docs. Firstly you are supposed to write your text in the Ginger and then transfer the same from there to Google docs.

Response from Ginger Software

Replied April 2019

Dear Diksha, Thank you so much for your positive feedback. You are correct, at the moment we are not compatible with Google Docs, we are looking for better solutions and hopefully a full integration into Google Docs. We wish you to keep enjoying Ginger.

Kreeti from Charlotte Cafe Pvt. Ltd.

Industry: Restaurants

Software that corrects writing errors

Ginger helps me write my document more correctly and professionally. It also helps with a free personal dictionary that helps me understand the meaning of any word immediately.

Pros

Along with its Grammar editing feature, it offers a personal dictionary and a language translation feature that translates around forty different languages, which is impressive.

Cons

Ginger's grammar correction feature is not as robust as compared to other applications out there in the market as it sometimes fails to correct the grammatical errors upon variant in sentence structures.

Response from Ginger Software

Replied June 2021

Hi Kreeti, Thank you for taking the time to review us! We know Ginger isn't always perfect, but we're committed to making it the best it can possibly be for you. If you ever have any errors, you can email me directly at ann@gingersoftware.com. All the best, The Ginger Team

Christopher from City College of San Francisco

Nice proof reading tool

So far, I am having a nice experience using this tool. Highly recommended for students.

Pros

Ginger page is nice tool that I use daily as grammar and spelling checker. I write professional email to my professors at school and to many employees at big companies. Ginger helps me to avoid any grammar mistakes which might sound unprofessional. The chrome extension is awesome and help me to avoid any mistakes.

Cons

The MS word Add-in of ginger crashes a lot on m computer

Response from Ginger Software

Replied April 2019

Dear Christopher, Thank you for your product perspective. We are sorry to read about the issues you have encountered with Ginger while using Office. Please allow us to try and solve this issue. Please, contact our support staff and they can take it from there. Just email - support@gingersoftware.com and we shall contact you back. Regards, The Ginger Team.

Nigel from David Black Books

Really first class!

As a published writer, I left the mainstream went solo, and moved across to Amazon a few years ago. All was well, until the books were finished and it was time to proofread. As a now one-man-band, it fell to me to proofread... bad idea! My readers loved my books but many complained of proofreading errors - My bad. I tried various software packages to wash my manuscripts free of errors but the situation didn't improve until I discovered Ginger. It marches through the manuscript with consummate ease, finding typos, spelling errors punctuation mistakes et all. In my humble (and experienced) opinion, Ginger is simply excellent!!

Pros

Better than any I have tried before. Ginger seems to trap just about every error in a 60,000+ manuscript.

Cons

Not a great fan of the price. I've used Ginger in the past and a returning discount would have been a nice touch.

Didn't find enough errors

Response from Ginger Software

Replied June 2019

Dear Nigel, It was heart touching to read your feedback. It just shows that hard work pays off. Thank you for a great review. Cheers, The Ginger Team.

Gerrit from Professionality Institute

Ginger stop working

The company is not responsive to any user queries- See: [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Pros

It used to be a great product. It worked well with MS Word.

Cons

Ginger is taking people's money and its not working at all! Ginger stop working on MS Office - since Flash is required and is has been discontinued. It is also not working in Google Doc. They are now running a fraudulent operation. It used to be great and I was and will be a great fan - if it starts working again - At this stage they are sealing users' money!

Response from Ginger Software

Replied May 2021

Hello Gerrit, The latest update of Windows removed support for Flash Player. This prevents Ginger from working. We have launched a new Ginger app for Windows and Microsoft Office. In addition to fixing the issue with the latest Windows update, it features: Fast one-click correction from any application on your computer Smart alternatives to add creativity and style to your writing New Microsoft Office add-in to boost your productivity in Word and Outlook. Rephrase integration with Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. A mistake by mistake explanation and correction in Word and Outlook New shortcuts for Correction-(Ctrl+Enter) and Rephrase (Ctrl+R) To download the new version, please head to our download page - Grammar Check, Spell Check & Proofreading Ginger (gingersoftware.com) *Please remove Ginger's old version before proceeding and installing the new version!!! For further support, please contact - support@gingersoftware.com Regards, The Ginger Team.

Mohammed from Modern Sciences and Arts University

Proof reading is now easy with Ginger

I used Ginger all the time and it really helps me to avoid any silly grammar mistakes.

Pros

I like the browser extension the most. It help me to proof read all my emails that I sent. As a Professor I usually pay a lot of attention to grammar and Ginger helps me a lot to avoid any embarrassing mistakes . I also recommend it for my students and they usually find it very useful and convenient for them.

Cons

Nothing so far that I can recall right now. Ginger has been always useful to me and to my students.

Response from Ginger Software

Replied January 2019

Dear Mohammed, We are delighted to read your review. Thank you for the positive feedback. We are happy that you have chosen our product. All the best.

A renowned and impressive grammar checker tool

The functions of ginger are too much to look at it's negatives. It has so much helped me to write more like a pro.

Pros

It has plugins available for at least all major browsers. It has a great check accuracy, detects all major errors and grammatical blunders in your text. free version works fine too.

Cons

System app sometimes slows down my computer. I hope they resolve this for I still need to continue using ginger. I really have to bear with it to get the best of it's features.

Response from Ginger Software

Replied April 2019

Hello, Thank you so much for your review. We were happy to read your review and happy to learn you enjoy and benefit from using Ginger. We would suggest contacting our support staff to understand the technical issue you have mentioned regarding your PC. Please contact - support@gingersoftware.com Regards, The Ginger Team.

arla from Education

a review

I have learned that i make similar mistakes over and over again and ginger has pointed out those examples for me and I have been able to correct them. I have used it to rephrase some sentences, and also to check the correct spelling in research papers

Pros

easy to use, even better than others currently on market. you can use it online or in word-documents. there is no limit in words or pages to check

Cons

it does not always understand the content especially if it is a specific research topic. I would like ginger to have more choices of how to refine or rephrase your own sentences

Response from Ginger Software

Replied July 2019

Dear Arla, Thank you for your feedback. As you know there is no perfect grammar solution out there, but we are doing the best we can the achieve that goal of being the best in the industry and as close to perfection as possible, Regards, The Ginger Team.

Efren from Ex-Consultants Agency

It helps!

Pros

It gives me an idea if the sentence construction is correct or grammatically right. It allows me to countercheck my email composition as well.

Cons

Sometimes the suggested phrases or sentences don't really match to what we are really saying and it seems to be off to the sentence as well

Response from Ginger Software

Replied June 2021

Hi Efren, Thanks for the review! We know Ginger isn't always perfect, but we're committed to making it the best it can possibly be for you. My direct email is ann@gingersoftware.com if you have any feedback on our correction. I look forward to speaking to you about how we can continue to improve Ginger. All the best, The Ginger Team

Double and Triple Your Work with Ginger

I am a multi tasker and in a desire to get stuff done quickly I miss simple typos that would make my work look sloppy, Giner has corrected that for me.

Pros

I like that I can be certain I have not missed any typos and correct in real time.

Cons

Sometimes when I have to copy and paste into Ginger Writer suggestions do not always show up. Sometimes Ginger will delete a word that is a mistake.

Response from Ginger Software

Replied April 2019

Hi, Thank you for your review. We would recommend contacting our support staff to try and solve any technical issue you have encountered with Ginger. Support@gingersoftware.com Regards, The Ginger Team.

Daniel from Mendocino College

Clean writing with Ginger

Very useful tool for clean writing without any embarrassing spelling or grammar mistakes.

Pros

Ginger page is a nice tool that helps me to detect any silly grammar or spelling mistakes. It is very useful while writing documents and sending emails. Simply by installing the browser extension ginger detects any grammar or spelling issues.

Cons

Nothing so far, I have been using ginger with no issues

Response from Ginger Software

Replied May 2019

Hi Daniel, Thank you for your nice review. We hope you will keep using Ginger and find it useful the more you use it. Regards from all of us at Ginger Software.

A helpful extension to avoid grammatical embarassment!

This app do have simple set-up and intuitive in terms of identifying and correcting grammar errors in writing. As it offers not only error identification, spell checking but also rephrasing based on the context as well as easy click on the pronunciation. This could also translate text to other languages, another cool feature.

Pros

It suggests words and add-on as the tool identifies grammar errors. It has a built-in plagiarism checker too that is very important for publishers and writers. The tool can check on a context-specific writing and can also suggest a possible "rephrase". Another cool thing about this tool is that it already has a text reader which could help improve not only the writing skills but also the pronunciation - less time checking using a different tool/software.

Cons

It needs internet connection before using it. Pricing may be a bit costly for some writers and there are some other tools other than Ginger that can perform better.

Response from Ginger Software

Replied June 2021

Hi, thanks for leaving us a review :) We now offer Ginger Premium starting at $9.99 per month if you buy the two year plan. All the best, The Ginger Team

Paul from Colburn & Assoc

Industry: Market Research

No Longer Works with Powerpoint

Good until the last several weeks. No longer works with Powerpoint.

Pros

Been using for years. Was a 5 but no longer works with PowerPoint since Adobe Flash stopped last week. I have contacted customer support two times and no usable response.

Cons

No Longer Works with Powerpoint. That is what I used it for. No workaround provided.

Response from Ginger Software

Replied May 2021

Hello Paul, The latest update of Windows removed support for Flash Player. This prevents Ginger from working. We have launched a new Ginger app for Windows and Microsoft Office. In addition to fixing the issue with the latest Windows update, it features: Fast one-click correction from any application on your computer Smart alternatives to add creativity and style to your writing New Microsoft Office add-in to boost your productivity in Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. Rephrase integration with Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. A mistake by mistake explanation and correction in Word and Outlook New shortcuts for Correction-(Ctrl+Enter) and Rephrase (Ctrl+R) To download the new version, please head to our download page - Grammar Check, Spell Check & Proofreading Ginger (gingersoftware.com) *Please remove Ginger's old version before proceeding and installing the new version!!!

Free Grammar Check

We write more perfectly and professionally with ginger. It is a worthy tool

Pros

Ginger offers grammar check for free. Suggests accurate corections to grammar errors, and also checks for sentence formating. It has an easy to operate interface as well

Cons

The premium version is expensive. Costlier than similar products

Response from Ginger Software

Replied June 2021

Hi, thanks for the review! We now offer Ginger Premium starting at $9.99 per month if you buy the two year plan. All the best, The Ginger Team

Amanda from Falling Leaf Press

Efficient but slow

Ginger isn't terrible, but there are better editing software programs out there for a comparable price that also catch more errors. I believe there is a

Pros

Ginger Sofware goes through line by line, showing that line at the top of screen, which helped me to see any additional errors that the software does not catch.

Cons

The line by line read is a blessing and a curse. After a year, I switched to another editing program because Ginger was so time-consuming. I also found that too many suggestions didn't make sense, and after consulting with my editor, she agreed I had it correct and Ginger was wrong.

Response from Ginger Software

Replied November 2019

Dear Amanda, Thank you for your honest review. For us to improve and get better, it will be wiser if you could contact our support with some examples of errors Ginger was unable to catch so we can look it up and hopefully fix it accordingly. Support@gingersoftware.com Regards, The Ginger Team.

Camillo from ESET Brazil

Awesome

Pros

This software is mandatory for non English speakers. Easy to use, corrects all english mistakes and works on different platforms

Cons

The interface is good, works with word and outlook, but for speeding up the process, the iOS keyboard is missing

Response from Ginger Software

Replied June 2021

Hi Camillo, Thanks for the review! We now offer an iOS app called Ginger Writer. You can download it in the link below. https://apps.apple.com/us/app/ginger-grammar-spellchecker/id822797943 All the best, The Ginger Team

Ginger - Best proof reading tool

A simple and most useful tool for non-native English speakers and eagerly waiting for IOS ginger free basis keyboard. Highly recommended.

Pros

I recently started to use Ginger tool and it helps me in different ways. As a civil engineer, it helps my day to day professional writings and Professional Emails without writing errors. Translation, Dictionary and Synonyms for any English word for just double tap anywhere within Chrome browser is a pretty cool feature and I really enjoy it.

Cons

Always need a proper internet connection for using Ginger and we need the offline proofreading facility in the near future. The pricing for Pro users is a little bit high.

Response from Ginger Software

Replied April 2019

Thank you for your review. Unfortunately, at the moment Ginger can work online only to provide you the most accurate results live as you type. Ginger currently offers the lowest prices on the market and we are putting this as our main target. Providing a quality product at the lowest price. Regards, The Ginger Team.

Sherry from Eureka Electrosoft Solutions Pvt. Ltd.

Review for ginger

Pros

I like this software as it ease my writing skills and improve communication, by making my text more readable and user-friendly for the audience. I had been using it for enhancing my text for lectures and classes and it's such as bloss

Cons

No cons as such but price could be little improved. That is it should be little cheaper.

Response from Ginger Software

Replied November 2019

Hi Sherry, Thank you so much for your review. It is important for us to understand how our users feel about our products and we are happy to read that you get all the benefits of using Ginger.

Sasha from MOUNTAIN PASTURE LLC

Ginger review

For someone for whom English is not their mother tongue, Ginger is of great help.

Pros

This software is quite reliable in operation

Cons

What bothered me the most were the limitations in running the free version.

Response from Ginger Software

Replied November 2021

Hi Sasha, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! Love hearing that Ginger is useful for you when translating your writing. All the best, The Ginger Team

jayr from RWW Total Solutions Inc.

Industry: Civil Engineering

Grammar Saver

I'm Satisfied to use this. help me a lot in composing email.

Pros

this software is very helpful for me, specially in grammar when composing an email. it save my everyday task.

Cons

it will be more helpful if this is free. so that students can also use it in checking their grammar and words.

Response from Ginger Software

Replied December 2019

Hi Jayr, Thank you for your review. We are doing all we can so mainly students will be able to enjoy our software. We have many great sales in our online store so students can enjoy a reduced price for Ginger. Cheers, The Ginger Team.

Check your grammar with Ginger

Ginger solved most of my writing deficiency. At least to a great extent, I'm a better writer

Pros

It's very effective, maintain proper grammar throughout your text. Free plan available, and also an affordable premium subscription

Cons

It's not easy to install and use its application. It's always hanging.

Response from Ginger Software

Replied August 2019

Hi, Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to read that you enjoy using Ginger. If you have any technical issues, please contact our support- support@gingersoftware.com to get further help. Regards, The Ginger Team.

Warren from Warren Chaney Productions, Inc.

Industry: Motion Pictures and Film

Exceptional efficiency and value

No business or other problems with Ginger, but a lot of assistance with writing.

Pros

The program's ease of use and online availability

Cons

If a writer includes illustrations, he or she must work around them, and if you use "italics" or "bold" the software won't recognize them and you must go in and replace them after corrections.

Reasons for Choosing Ginger

No reason, other than the description seemed convincing and Ginger offered more feature than any of it's closer competitors (which weren't all that close, by the way).

Response from Ginger Software

Replied July 2019

Dear Warren, Thank you for your feedback, Ginger won't change the fonts when using it within MS-Office, otherwise if you use Ginger inside the Ginger writer box, then we are using a default font which is why when pasting back the text you will need to use that default font. If you need further assistance, please contact our support- support@gingersoftware.com

Savannah from The Dog Nest

Industry: Veterinary

Ginger Program

Used ginger at the daycare I used to work at- and it was great. Only problem was checking in the wrong dogs which isn't a software problem just a staff problem. Overall really liked how easy it was to use.

Pros

It's very easy to use

Cons

Fixing an error was a long process

Response from Ginger Software

Replied June 2021

Hi Savannah, Thanks for reviewing us. Regarding your feedback on the long process for correction, I am definitely all ears on how we can continue to improve Ginger :) My direct email is ann@gingersoftware.com if you have any other feedback. All the best, The Ginger Team

Tomas from Intel

Ginger good app

I'm not native speaker so it is must for my work.

Pros

Great for my work, for some reason i have more trust they dont steal my data, then gramerly. Great customer support

Cons

It is less useful in tech space, it cannot realy rephrase a sentence. Not dealing well with line breaks.

Response from Ginger Software

Replied June 2019

Hi Tomas, Thank you for your feedback. Rest assure that privacy is our main concern and that we do not store nor transfer any personal not sensitive data related to our user. It comes first in our priorities. Regards, The Ginger Team.

Khan from Education

Improvement for the future

Good I appreciate customer service. The staff contact immediately and try to fix the issue.

Pros

Reading of the text. I listen to the writing draft while editing. Rephrase provides me subtitute and suitable syntax

Cons

payment process. the update process is so annoying. I updated in 2018 despite I received many messages for an update. And, I could not update although I paid the amount. In the advertisement of ginger, I observe several functions however when I used the software all functions don't run properly.

Response from Ginger Software

Replied July 2019

Dear Khan, Thank you for your feedback. As part of our will to improve the payment process as well as the other cons mentioned, please contact our marketing manager Michael Libman - michaell@gingersoftware.com and elaborate on these issues as they are extremely important to us. Regards, The Ginger Team.

Rivaldo from Airlangga University

I use Ginger to help grammar in my paper

I am very satisfied with the performance and features of Ginger, but I am still waiting for add-on on several browsers.

Pros

As a student who has the task of writing many papers, Ginger has helped me check the grammar in my writing. The way Ginger checks grammar is by checking the structure of sentences so that I can easily understand his mistakes.

Cons

Sometimes Ginger experiences errors and problems when I use it on some software. This add-on is also not yet available in some browsers. But I am sure this will be fixed in the next update.

Reasons for Switching to Ginger

Because it more easy to use.

Response from Ginger Software

Replied November 2019

Dear Rivaldo, Thank you for your positive feedback. We can assure you we are ahead of any bugs we are aware of. If there is anything you think we should know about, feel free to contact our support - Support@gingerosftware.com Regards, The Ginger Team.

Sheza from Otrainings

Make Your Proofreading Easy With Ginger

When talking about the overall experience, Ginger is best for my work and for anyone who needs any kind of writing assistance. And, I appreciate their 24/7 customer support. The team contacts instantaneously and try to solve the issue as soon as they can.

Pros

The best thing about this software is the availability of its plugins for all the major browsing places. I use this tool for proofreading the emails that I am going to send. I'm an article writer and I need to pay a lot of attention and focus on grammar and this software assists me in avoiding different errors.

Cons

I don't know what the reason is, but sometimes the mistakes do not appear even after pasting the text on Ginger. Also, I feel that it's premium version is a bit expensive. Sometimes, the program hangs without any reason and all the editing is lost.

Response from Ginger Software

Replied June 2021

Hi Sheza, Thank you so much for leaving a review! Love hearing that it helps your writing. We now offer Ginger Premium starting at $9.99 a month if you buy a two year plan. Regarding your issues with correction not appearing, it seems like you found a bug. If you are still having issues, my direct email is ann@gingersoftware.com and I can further assist you. All the best, The Ginger Team

Ahmed from Construction

Industry: Civil Engineering

very good software

Very Good

Pros

I am using Ginger software for almost a year ago, It is a very good program which helped me a lot in my career. There are a lot of features in the software and the best feature is the software reviewing and provide you with alternative sentences / words.

Cons

Very accurate Alternative sentences option

Response from Ginger Software

Replied September 2019

Dear Ahmed, We are so happy to read that you enjoy Ginger. Thanks! The Ginger Team.

Felix from University of Oslo

Industry: Research

ms word function doesn't work at all on windows 10 and office 365

Very poor! I wouldn't buy it again

Pros

The tool works when you click and paste the text into their software box, but you don't get as many suggestions as with Grammarly.

Cons

I would like to say that I do not recommend this product, because its announced feature to correct as you type in ms word has not worked one day on my fairly new computer with new software. I have contacted customer support, and they haven't been able to help at all, but I know they are in trouble due to the flash plugin making it hard for their software to be compatible with office etc. I asked for getting my money back, so that I could buy another correcting software, and they have not responded to this message. Also, I bought this product to help me in my final work with my phd thesis, and I am just very dissapointed that the money feels like flushed down the drain.

Reasons for Switching to Ginger

Because I wanted to support a European company, instead of an American company.

Response from Ginger Software

Replied May 2021

Hi Felix, Thank you for your review. The software has made many updates since your last comment, it is now fully functional in Word, Outlook and PowerPoint with improved features and a quicker response. Please ensure you are downloading the most recent version from our website. If you are still experiencing technical issues, please contact our support team - support@gingersoftware.com Sincerely, the Ginger team.

Ashley from Freelancer

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

So convenient!

Pros

This software is so convenient! It's helped me catch several errors!

Cons

You can only use the free one a couple times before it asks you to buy the software. This is just to allow you to test it before trying it out, so it's not a bad idea on the company's part.

Response from Ginger Software

Replied July 2019

Hi Ashley, We are so happy to read that you enjoy our Ginger Software. Come and visit our online store, we have some great savings going on so you can enjoy Ginger without being limited in the number of corrections. Cheers, The Ginger Team.,

George from Biola University

Ginger

I'm able to have a second set of eyes (Ginger) review my email, memo, or documents before they are submitted.

Pros

I started using Ginger because I wanted someone of something to double check my grammar in email and documents. Out of convenience I installed Ginger plug-in to Outlook, the app, as well as using it via the browser. Overall, it works just fine and with use you will develop a difference writing style.

Cons

Once in a while, Ginger's suggestion is not in the right context. You just have to ignore it. Of the various ways to run ginger, I like the plug-in to Outlook.

Response from Ginger Software

Replied June 2021

Hi George, Thanks for the review. Love hearing that you use Ginger in Outlook. Sincerely appreciate it. All the best, The Ginger Team

Dilini from SLIIT

Great tool for grammar checking

Pros

1. Easy to check grammar errors of what we write. 2. It is very helpful, since it provides alternative ways of writing as well.

Cons

1. Need to extend the number of characters in order to check grammar for long paragraphs.

Response from Ginger Software

Replied June 2021

Hi Dilini, Thank you for the review! For our desktop app, we have a 450 character limit in the desktop for free users and 3000 characters for premium users. For our extension, the character limit is 600 characters for free users and 5000 characters for premium :) Best regards, The Ginger Team

Callie from Rawson Saunders School

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Ginger is Awesome for Students

I first saw Ginger on a student's iPad and it totally transformed his ability to edit and revise his work independently. It offers more than Google Docs spell-checker and, by offering phrasing suggestions, surpasses Grammarly's free software features.

Pros

I love that Ginger offers phrasing suggestions for your sentences and goes beyond basic spell-check functions. The synonyms offering is another great feature - this software offers so much more than Grammarly.

Cons

It doesn't automatically appear in word processing apps. Copy/pasting the content is one extra step and can easily be overlooked for students needing to edit their writing.

Response from Ginger Software

Replied June 2021

Hi Callie, Thanks for the review! If you use a Windows computer, we now offer Microsoft Office integration. If you are using a Mac, you can download our desktop app and we offer a Control+C+C shortcut that automatically pastes your text directly in the app. You can download them by using the links below. https://www.gingersoftware.com/ginger-for-windows https://www.gingersoftware.com/ginger-for-mac All the best, The Ginger Team

priya from emprise

Great software to correct your english writing mistakes

Overall it's a good experience with ginger. I have added its chrome extension as well.

Pros

Ginger a popular software or we can say a grammar checker tool that helps you to write properly. Whether you are writing two lines or a whole blog it will help you with every single line. You can try it for free and use it to correct your mistakes i.e spelling mistakes, grammatical mistakes, proofreading, typing mistakes, usage of the wrong word etc. The best part is it provides you with an extension that you can add to your google chrome after login with your id and password. It's really a helpful software.

Cons

It is a user-friendly software and designed to help users. To get access to all the features you have to buy this software. This is the one thing but it can not be counted as the cons of this software.

Response from Ginger Software

Replied June 2021

Hi Priya, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Love hearing that you enjoy Ginger and our browser extension. All the best, The Ginger Team

Timothy from College of DuPage

Nice tool for proof reading

I like using Ginger, and I will continue to use it. It is a very helpful, simple and professional tool that improves my writing.

Pros

Ginger helps me a lot to correct my grammar and all my typo errors. I prefer using it because the app provides more professional suggestions and edits that makes my writing looks more professional.

Cons

There is nothing that I dislike about Ginger

Response from Ginger Software

Replied November 2021

Hi Timothy, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! Love hearing that you enjoy using Ginger. Sincerely appreciate it :) All the best, The Ginger Team

Vahid from Iowa State University

Easy to use and useful

Pros

-User-friendly -Easy to learn and use for beginners -It has an extension in chrome -Powerful in finding grammatical errors

Cons

-The only thing that I can say is that It is not compatible with Google docs.

Response from Ginger Software

Replied July 2019

Dear Vahid, Thank you for providing your feedback. Overall, we are happy to read that you enjoy our product. We are working to bring Ginger to Google Docs as well. Always at your service. The Ginger Team.