All GoCodes Reviews

Francisco

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed August 2018

Ease of use

PROS

I liked how easy it is to use his product, specially the scanning feature. Instead of typing your code you can easily just scan it and find it

CONS

No dislikes so far, haven’t run into any issues

Hello Hernandez, thanks for reviewing GoCodes. Glad you love the ease of use!

Replied August 2018

Tom

Photography, 1 employee

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed January 2019

Held my inventory list hostage

As a small Photographer in DC we didn't find ourselves needing to use it every day or in some cases every month. Therefore we simply wanted to use it when and as needed. Sadly the team had no interest in helping us when we needed the files. We had started to use them very early on when you could create your own asset tags - we had ordered a bunch of them and it took us a long time and we still haven't even gotten to use them all however the GoCodes teams wouldn't let us use them or even refund us just because we didn't really meet their client model.

PROS

The concept of it is great, However for us it just seemed like they didn't have services for the little guy

CONS

wasn't friendly to the small business owner

Hello Tom, sorry to hear that things did not go as planned. As a GoCodes customer, you can view and download your asset data at any time. We always make it available to you from your online account. If you contact us with more information we can work to resolve any issue you had with our services.

Replied January 2019

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Great product

makes my job easier as such for checking out product to send out and where it is and also makes easier keep track costs and inventory

PROS

i like that is easy one click and can use moblie or ipad

CONS

nothing at all have no issues works great

Thanks Chris, appreciate the 5 star review!

Biotechnology, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2019

Lacks necessary functionality and requires technological improvements

PROS

The bar code scanning feature and mobile app.

CONS

1. Can't attach documents (the alternative suggestion of using links is not a valid solution and puts the work back on the End User). 2. Camera function needs serious improvement (pics are highly pixelated and the auto crop function does not work well requiring several pictures to be taken to get it right.

Reason for choosing GoCodes

Wasn't here when that decision was made. Now in my power to change that.

Reasons for switching to GoCodes

Was not my choice and now that you have raised rates we are considering dropping GoCodes and just catching up the Excel sheet, which can do all functions that GoCodes can.

Hello John, sorry to hear that GoCodes is not meeting your expectations, specifically for being able to attach documents to assets, picture resolution and editing. I will pass this great feedback to our product development team so we can assess what improvements can be made.

Replied November 2019

Mina

Architecture & Planning, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Easily accessible way to store information

PROS

What I like the most is that all the information is gathered in one place, which is convenient. Additionally, it's great that all the information becomes accessible by scanning the QR code. For us, this is fantastic because we often need the information when we don't have access to a PC.

CONS

I wish the assets could have different colors on the map to distinguish between the various types. It would make it more organized. I also find it unfortunate that the text fields (free text under custom fields) don't allow much text.

Hello Mina, Thank for providing your review of GoCodes. I will share your suggestion of providing colored map pins to the development team, it seems like a great idea!

Lacey

Higher Education, 51-200 employees

Ease of adding inventory

PROS

It is very ease to add each inventory item, and to keep up with the status and info of each one.

CONS

I don't really have a comment for this one.

Thanks for the 10/10 rating!!

Robert

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 employees

Gocodes Honest Review

it is worth the money that the company paid for

PROS

Ease of Inventory and asset management.

CONS

As far as I know, we have not found any cons on Gocodes

Hello Robert, Thank you for sharing your honest review!

Ryan

Construction, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2024

GoCodes to the Rescue

Overall GoCodes is a solid solution to our needs.

PROS

GoCodes has allowed us to capture more data about our inventory than what was previously being used.

CONS

The reporting feature is very advanced. As a "smaller" business looking for critical information developing our own custom reports requires a learning curve in order to be set up successfully.

Hello Ryan, Thank you for taking the time to review GoCodes.

Latundria

Accounting, 1 employee

Used monthly for less than 2 years

GoCodes Review

PROS

The mobility, easy access online, onscreen detail capability.

CONS

What I like the least about GoCodes is not have knowledge of GoCodes sooner.

Wow, thanks for the great review!

Habibullah

Information Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2018

Pretty good for Asset Management

PROS

Pretty good for Asset Management Like the phone functionality

CONS

The GPS System does not work at all. it is pretty hard to track in that case.

Hello Anwar thanks for reviewing GoCodes. Sorry to hear that the GPS tracking is not working for you. There are some phone settings which sometimes need to be adjusted for it to work. We have an article on that in our knowledge base. Please check our knowledge base for more information or contact support@gocodes.com

Replied August 2018

Jay

Utilities, 11-50 employees

GoCodes review 2024

PROS

Ease of use. The app has really made things simple for managing inventory.

CONS

Nothing negative I can think of. The simplicity of it makes things easy.

Thanks for the great review. We strive to make asset tracking easy and hit the target for you!

Anatoly

Furniture, 2-10 employees

Gocodes Review

Overall good, but as mentioned, lacking some basic functions that would make it great and reccomendable.

PROS

What I like most is that it provides a fast and easy solution to keeping track of the furniture we have loaned-out.

CONS

This software has potential to be very good, but it lacks some features. 1. Images in Asset List view: Could be improved by thumbnail images for all assets. Currently, the user needs to hover over one by one in order to see a the asset image, or change views entirely. 2. If I check-in an asset manually, it still shows the previous scanned location on the map. A work around is to always scan assets when we check them in, but do not always have time for that. We can manually change the location, but it is also time consuming. If we check in at our location, it is obvious that the asset has moved. IT would be nice if this could be automated better. 3. Ability to do basic editing of asset images. Simple Rotate, Crop, Mirror, Would make it much faster and easier. Currrently we need to edit each image before uploading, and if we want to make a change, like show the asset in a mirrored position or increase the images brighness, we need to upload a new image entirely.

Hello Anatoly, thanks for sharing your feedback and suggestions. I will share you feedback with the development team.

Melissa

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2022

Great Program for Organizing Inventory

We are greatly satisfied with using GoCodes at the ALS Association St. Louis Regional Chapter. While it is time consuming to scan and enter everything on the front end, it makes it so easy to keep track of who has what piece of equipment and what is available to our patients. The app is user friendly and makes the process of checking in/out so easy while on the road.

PROS

This is an easy to use program that allows me to inventory all of our assistive technology and durable medical equipment that we loan out to patients. The app allows us to check in/out on the go and with ease. I can easily run a search to see how many of each type of device we have and what is available to loan out.

CONS

I wish there were more features in the reports that can be ran (ie how long a piece of equipment has been out).

Hello Melissa, thank you for taking the time to share your positive review of GoCodes. I'm pleased to hear that we're helping you track and manage your loaned DME equipment. You mention wanting a report that shows how long a piece of equipment has been checked out. Did you know you can get that information from the Asset Assignment report or via the Enterprise Reporting feature were we can show how long each item has been checked out, measure utilization and more.

Replied July 2022

Christi

Construction, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2021

GoCodes for construction asset management

It's difficult for me to get my field workers on board if they don't understand how to use it, but because Go Codes doesn't provide training materials, I have had to create my own. My rep makes me feel stupid every time I call to ask for help.

PROS

Expensive tools and equipment get moved around on a daily basis here. Having a tracking system is helping to make that process less chaotic.

CONS

The process of setting up and rolling out this program has been very time consuming. We have had to label every single piece of equipment and tools and now I'm tasked with training the field staff on how to use the app. I asked my rep if there were any already existing training tools (power point presentations, manuals), but they just directed me to the youtube videos that are really only for admin use, not field use. Also, it would be great to have some resources in Spanish since the construction industry has a high volume of Spanish speaking workers.

Reason for choosing GoCodes

After extensive research, we thought gocodes was the right direction for us.

Reasons for switching to GoCodes

Access had no tracking feature and was not user friendly at all.

Hello Christi, thanks for taking the time to review GoCodes. I will take your suggestion about wanted training materials for your team and see what we have available.

simon

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2016

Review from Norway

GoCodes is a great management system and very easy to use. I would how ever pay more for a better product. There are a few things that don't work as one would wish. for example different time zones don't work. export to excel does not work. There are a few more features that would make it better and i would pay more for.

PROS

i can see were may assets are on a map. and see all assets info on my mobile or pc.

CONS

I would like to be able to personalize my account more to our market, I would like to be able to print off of see my assets in Excel, and also with my own Custom Fields, (not possible for me although they say it is) . The date and time zone is a bit problem for us to know when the asset whats installed or purchased 02/04/16 means the 02 of april for us in norway but for gocodes it means 04 of febuary. so this is a feature we cannot use correctly

Thanks for the review. It's possible to export to Excel, there are sometimes some Excel settings which need to be updated for use outside USA/UK. Contact us directly and we can help with this. We are working on adding the local time zone feature.

Replied November 2016

Elizabeth

Facilities Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed July 2022

Functionality of the Service

The issues has be partially solved

PROS

It does not take too much time to scan items.

CONS

inaccuracy in our historical of inventory.

Reason for choosing GoCodes

Because of a recommendation from a colleague.

Hello Elizabeth, thank you for taking the time to review GoCodes. Sounds like you experienced an issue but that it's not completely resolved. I know that can be very frustrating and we want to help. Can you please contact a member of our support team via email, phone or chat and we would be delighted to help you.

Replied August 2022

Edwin

Textiles, 1,001-5,000 employees

GoCodes The Best in Inventory

PROS

It is easy to use, it has tools implemented that help make it easier to search for the inventory physically, you have the information of your digital inventory and without problems, you can download your data from your own GoCodes account and thus work your way too.

CONS

Just the part of being able to link the GoCodes database with the Power Bi software.

Thanks Edwin for the great review. Delighted to hear you think GoCodes is 'The Best in Inventory'.

Christopher