What are HelpSite users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using HelpSite software through verified user reviews

• icon"I was able to have an FAQ page set up in a matter of minutes because of the software's ease of use. It also produces a very nice looking product for the end user and was reasonably priced."
  • icon"The search feature for customers to use work to locate relevant articles works very well. Highly recommend this solution if you want to give access to more detailed information about your product."
  • icon"We use helpsite.io for all of our product needs from web applications to mobile applications. We love the simplicity of it and the ease for updating our documentation within the the site."
  • icon"Customizing using css would be quite difficult."
  • icon"The feature list has everything you need to get started, but if you want to take your management of online articles to the next level you are restricted."
  • icon"Limited 1-level hierarchy for categorizing articles."

Browse all HelpSite Reviews

• Have you used HelpSite and would like to share your experience with others?

Anna

Excellent tool to manage the Knowledge Base

The customer service is great. We suggested adding an option to link to the internal content and they actually implemented it. It was very helpful.

Pros

The product was easy to setup. There is a way to customize templates applying your own brand, color, etc. The customer service is great. They worked with us on couple of very custom authentication setup. Resoond to emails is fast.

Cons

Wish to have more customization option for the front-end. Particularly for setting up the landing page and categories. For the analytics would be great to have some sort of the reporting functionality added. Also we should be able to setup SEO-friendly URL handle for google analytics.

Reasons for choosing HelpSite

We needed a tool that can be integrated with internal application and allow for authentication via authentication token. HelpSite provided the easiest solution and assisted us with setup.

Jayse

June 2022

Exactly What I Needed

My experience has been good so far. Simple setup and personal communication from their team.

Pros

I have a bootstrapped software startup and this is exactly what we were looking for. We needed a simple, but professional looking knowledgebase that we could build our support portal up while we went through beta with our customers, but still using our own custom URL. Our focus was on a product that would let us get a help site up and running easily without a financial commitment until we were ready.

Cons

I really think they do what they do well. If I had a critique, it would just be they need a little CSS / UI refresh, as everything feels a tad outdated and cramped on the internal side. I think the customer side is actually pretty good. The internal user portal probably works great for those with smaller screens, but for those of us with large format monitors, getting a bit of spacing, margin, padding, etc in the UI would go a long way.

Reasons for choosing HelpSite

For me, it was the simplicity. I'm pretty big on trust and allowing customers to grow into a product. It's what we do with our own customers. All of the other platforms required some financial commitment, or would not allow a custom domain on their trial plan. Because HelpSite allowed this, we are going to use them.

Response from HelpSite

Thanks Jayse! We would like to do some UI refreshing on the admin side. If there are any particularly cramped screens, please do email us screenshots.

Replied June 2022

Pete

Difficult to integrate and linking and security remain a problem

Pros

It is easy enough to update pages. Search functionality for users is decent.

Cons

Security isn't something the company takes very seriously. That has been frustrating. The way linking works is complicated and it is not intuitive how to point to your help articles from other places like intercom or support emails unless you know the special way to craft URLs. I would not buy this product again if we were starting over. We'll keep it due to the high switching costs of having to integrate another product and move all our documentation.

Response from HelpSite

Hi Pete, We are sorry and surprised to hear that you've been unhappy with HelpSite. It's a surprise because I just reviewed all of our past support interactions with your company and after every request it's seemed like your company walked away satisfied by our responses. This is the first time we are hearing from you about any issues! We absolutely do take security very seriously as a company and within our product. If you're looking for an additional security measures that can be implemented for private/internal help sites, can you please reach out to us at info@helpsite.com? We've got some new integration options that weren't available when you first reached out in 2017. Thanks for being a HelpSite customer and we intend to regain your happiness again!

Pius

Helpsite

Pros

Helspite is so easy to use, from creating an article of help for your users to adding a custom domain. The content editor allows all media types from images to embedding videos. Most importantly what I liked most about Helspite is the fact that they offer a free plan that covers most of what a new founder needs Most similar services limit the number of articles and help material you can publish. Help you can publish a lot of articles in the free plan. I have not reached the cap, but I have 1 article already published for free.

Cons

No outright cons to be honest! But I would appreciate if we had a better UI in terms of outlook. Colorful and fully customizable to look very appealing. Right now helpsite is just straightforward and serves its primary purpose of creating help material for our users. Although really it would be nice to have a better looking interface for our customers too.

Reasons for choosing HelpSite

It ad a free plan that was very comprehensive, covering much of what I needed.

March 2022

HelpSite is amazing! Highly recommend for anyone looking for a knowledge base site

With HelpSite, we were able to build an easy FAQ site for our customers/stakeholders. It is clean, organized and easy to maintain.

Pros

It is easy to integrate with our existing software/programs and documents. Seamless.

Cons

The feature I would recommend is the option to shorten the URL name.

Reasons for choosing HelpSite

Functionality, ease of use and help desk feature.

Francois

Powerful, Easy to use WYSIWYG Helpsite

Powerful tool to help reduce OPS overheads, easy to maintain, useful internal help-site to capture and make organizational knowledge accessible,

Pros

Very easy to use, can have completely non technical people use it. Intuitive, clean editor, easy to import articles form other sources, good formatting tools, nice clean look and feel, easy to navigate and get information, useful features like internal/external help sites.

Cons

No complaints here, I'm quite happy with it.

Reasons for choosing HelpSite

Easiest to use, most powerful editing tools.

Reasons for switching to HelpSite

Too difficult to use it. Formatting often broke.

Erich

April 2022

HelpSite helped us make our knowledgebase "out-of-site"

Overall, we evaluated many different Help Desk/Knowledgebase solutions and choose to keep our help desk separate (for cost reasons) and use this knowledgebase product to get the biggest band for our buck.

Pros

Cloud-based and very easy to use, for the price you're getting a great package with easy to use tools that allowed us to take the management of the system off out of our hands and focus on creating great content that will help our users.

Cons

Integrating videos can be a bit cumbersome when trying to resize appropriately, while a native plug-in for YouTube is included, the default size for videos and how they appear could be a little more robust.

Anthony

March 2022

Excellent, easy to use knowledge base application

We have employees throughout the world and because of time zone differences our subject matter experts are not always available in real-time. HelpSite enables our employees to respond to customer inquiries and issues in real-time regardless of where they are located.

Pros

HelpSite is very easy to setup and use. More importantly, the full text search is very fast and accurate. As we have been adding a lot of content into our knowledge base, this is the most useful feature for new users!

Cons

Sometimes when cutting and pasting in content from other sources, the formatting is not consistent. It would be great if there was a standard format template I could use for all new content, regardless of the source of format of the original content.

Reasons for choosing HelpSite

I looked at several solutions and chose HelpSite primarily due to the full text search and the ease for me to set up an internal knowledge base and external FAQ.

Diptankar

May 2022

An everyday addition to the team to boost productivity by 2x

Again, it has helped boost productivity and I am willing to forget the cons and just focus on the increase in productivity!

Pros

My team uses helpsite as a tool to write/modify SOPs and all of our calling/chat agents swear by it. This has helped boost productivity by 2x as agents can directly copy/paste instead of typing.

Cons

Integration is a bit of a hassle. Redesigning the page layout for individual websites is a pain for non tech folks.

Response from HelpSite

Thank you so much for sharing that and please let us know if there's anything we can do to make HelpSite better for you!

Replied May 2022

Using HelpSite for transitioning EMR

This site became a hit and we had to expand it quickly, which was easy to do.

Pros

I liked that the layout is incredibly intuitive and everyone can look at it, and immediately know what to do.

Cons

Colors and layouts are a little boring. However, I didn’t need it to look pretty. It worked perfectly in grayscales.

Reasons for choosing HelpSite

The pricing was right on point.

Fair

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

User Friendly

I would highly recommend this to my colleagues and peers.

Pros

It is easier to setup the number of users to create a certain group subject that can be exclusively accessible to those given the link. The end-user view is also simple and can be easily read by any common person.

Cons

Literally, there's none. Any ordinary or common person can easily use it. Friendly-use as what they call it.

Reasons for choosing HelpSite

The overall is just phenomenal.

Response from HelpSite

Thanks for the review! We definitely aim to make HelpSite the easiest-to-use knowledge base system and we're glad you find it simple. Get in touch if we can help any way!

Replied October 2020

Lisa

User Friendly, Business Effective.

We use this as our Knowledgebase for internal and external purposes and with our content we have effectively reduced our support cases (roughly by 30% in first year in UK) Overall, very happy with its performance and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been prompt and helpful via email when needed.

Pros

It is a very user friendly piece of software, uploading articles etc. It is really straight forward. As an administrator I can comfortably manage my teams and multiple sites so it works well for me. I am now looking to create sub headings within the main sections which I feel would give the client facing page a better structure.

Cons

I wasn't initially aware that any other sites (other than the one with a login) can be publicly accessed so I have had to change this to not be 'searchable'. Also we are looking to implement the JWT code but this will require someone with solid technical / development knowhow to put in place (especially for the way we use it)

n/a

Fit for purpose

Pros

Great place for processes Useful for large teams

Cons

Would love for my staff to be able to edit articles but for me to be able to sanity check what they are adding

Value

Response from HelpSite

Thanks for your review! We do plan on adding more features around article approvals or changelogs. Please reach out at info@helpsite.com if you have any more feedback!

Julian

All the basic features you need at an incredible price

Support has been 100%. It's simple to use, and a great price. If you have simple needs for storing documentation online, this is a great place to start.

Pros

Our company has several brands, and each brand has their own support site with different help articles. HelpSite lets us administrate each brand in a central location, with customised design and content for each site. It is incredible easy to use, has all the basic features you would expect from a simple CMS, and is fully hosted so we don't have to worry about anything except the content.

Cons

The feature list has everything you need to get started, but if you want to take your management of online articles to the next level you are restricted. Would be great to see an asset library that can be used across each site you manage, rather than having to duplicate content. Can't upload files to a shared repository either.

Reasons for choosing HelpSite

Price for supporting multiple instances

Price and ease of use

Aimee

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

HelpSite is our number 1 Tool

I would likely to recommend this to other businesses like us. Big or small, definitely HelpSite is a must especially on documenting policies and processes updates.

Pros

We've been building knowledge banks from time to time however, we it is expensive to hire an IT guy to do the coding for us to create a robust KB . Thanks to HelpSite for providing us a solution that is just fit with our needs.

Cons

For now, it is not giving us the kind of IP whitelisting yet.

Danielle

Just what we needed!

We needed a way for all of our staff to have access to our company policies and procedures in an easy to access (and easy to update!) format. We use HelpSite to organize these policies and make them accessible to all of our staff across multiple locations. HelpSite's awesome user interface allows us to quickly add a new policy or update existing policies, including graphics, tables, different fonts and colors...just like using a typical word processing editor.

Pros

Super easy to use, just like editing a document in any word processing program.

Cons

None! We have had a really positive experience.

Melissa

Super easy to use!

Pros

I love how easy it is to get started on Helpsite. We use it as a documentation base for our product's content management system to provide guidance and support for users both internally at the company as well as clients and customers. It's so simple to write an article and get it published on the site immediately. Also, I really love how the article text box keeps all formatting it might seem small but this is such a great timesaver when copying documentation into Helpsite from other resources.

Cons

It'd be great if the UI was a little bit prettier or more modern. And maybe a little more flexibility in how we categorize articles and how they display on the public Helpsite. I'd love to be able to put an article under several categories!

Reasons for choosing HelpSite

I was looking at at least 2 other documentation bases but I don't remember what they were. I ended up choosing Helpsite because it was the clearest and easiest, and simply did exactly what we needed.

Jatin

Outstanding product

We use helpsite to manage our help pages for all of our products. We've also recommended to other business who now use it. It's always been a great, simple resource.

Pros

It does what it says really well. We've never had an issue

Cons

We wish there were more options for the contact us

Reasons for choosing HelpSite

The price is awesome! ? Great value.

Response from HelpSite

Thank you so much for your review! Glad to have you as a customer.

Victor

Easy to setup, fair price

Pros

I choose helpsite because it was easy to setup and very cheap compare to others. I particularly liked the free custom domains.

Cons

Design can be improved to look more recent

Kim

Simple, Effective and User Friendley Client Knowledge Base

The overall experience FreshTrack has had with the HelpSite system is excellent. The only time I have had to reach out is to get our new sites added to the SSL. The product is so simple and easy to use.

Pros

User friendly, customizable CSS (with instructions), SSL protected. Up and running in minutes with minimal configuration, able to branded to our brand and no user limits!

Cons

Need the ability to copy a article to another site.

Reasons for choosing HelpSite

No over complex requirements.

Mark Noel

For improvement Feedback

I can say that this was very helpful, however, it needs improvement on the display.

Pros

You can easily store that data or information.

Cons

The page layout needs improvement and can probably improve on the format of displaying Categories and Articles.

Joe

Helpsite.io for all our help needs

This has solved our product help documentation needs and customers use it extensively to contact us for additional support as well.

Pros

Cons

It would be nice to see more of a preview or beta site where we could go to see all of our pre-published work instead of page by page.

HTMLHelp, HelpnDoc and others

Reasons for switching to HelpSite

easier, nicer and more productive and cost effective

Very simple set up and easy to use.

Pros

We rebuilt our help system using helpsite.io in just a few days. We were able to train our users and rebuilt new content very easily.

Cons

We have a few pieces of help content that don't fit the categorized question and answer model that we might have put in a different location if there were other options. We were able to get them into the categorized model anyway though. The user just has to click on a redundant category for those cases.

Thomas

quick and easy solution for internal and external helpsite

resolved the need for a training / knowledge base share that we could deploy internally and externally

Pros

easy to setup and deploy the solution for our company

Cons

basic administration capabilities but that can be good or bad depending on how you want to use / deploy

Response from HelpSite

Thanks for leaving a review -- glad to have you as a customer!

Doug (J.C.)

Excellent choice for adding a FAQ section to your site

Pros

Creating our own FAQ section and integrating it into our site was extremely easy using HelpSite

Cons

We began the process of hosting the HelpSite FAQ pages on a subdomain but fell short of completing the process.

HelpSite